ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The Chiefs shouldn't select a QB in the 1st round (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=201360)

kcbubb 01-29-2009 10:52 AM

The Chiefs shouldn't select a QB in the 1st round

The Chiefs should sign a free agent QB like Ryan Fitzpatrick. Or, if the Patriots would agree to it, swap first round picks with the Patriots for Matt Cassell.

The only defense in the league that was worse than the Chiefs was the 0-16 Detroit Lions. The Chiefs need, at a minimum, three new starters on defense (2 LB's & DE) if we stay in the 4-3. The Chiefs need defensive talent.

If the Chiefs do not swap first round picks with the Patriots for Cassell, the Chiefs would benefit the most by trading down and acquiring more picks and possibly getting more value out of their first round pick instead of reaching for a player. The Chiefs need defense with their first pick.

The Franchise 01-29-2009 10:52 AM

:spock::shake:

STFU

King_Chief_Fan 01-29-2009 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcbubb (Post 5437654)
The Chiefs should sign a free agent QB like Ryan Fitzpatrick. Or, if the Patriots would agree to it, swap first round picks with the Patriots for Matt Cassell.

The only defense in the league that was worse than the Chiefs was the 0-16 Detroit Lions. The Chiefs need, at a minimum, three new starters on defense (2 LB's & DE) if we stay in the 4-3. The Chiefs need defensive talent.

If the Chiefs do not swap first round picks with the Patriots for Cassell, the Chiefs would benefit the most by trading down and acquiring more picks and possibly getting more value out of their first round pick instead of reaching for a player. The Chiefs need defense with their first pick.

oh oh, you are going to get it now

chiefs1111 01-29-2009 10:53 AM

:banghead:

blueballs 01-29-2009 10:55 AM

this going to be like wearing a Buccaneers jersey
to a Raider home game

Planetman 01-29-2009 10:55 AM

http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/8522/hangingwb8.gif

the Talking Can 01-29-2009 10:57 AM

Quote:

go kill yourself... and video tape it so I can watch it over and over

The Franchise 01-29-2009 10:58 AM

First off before the bashing begins.......

Exactly WHO should we select with the #3 pick.

My guess....he either says Curry or Orakpo.

Brock 01-29-2009 10:59 AM

If they didn't draft a QB, there isn't going to be any free agent QB any better than what they already have.

jspchief 01-29-2009 11:01 AM

Fitzpatrick? Seriously?

beach tribe 01-29-2009 11:04 AM

Fitzpatrick+You=Tard

Thigpen is better than Fitzpatrick.

kcbubb 01-29-2009 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pestilenceaf23 (Post 5437674)
First off before the bashing begins.......

Exactly WHO should we select with the #3 pick.

My guess....he either says Curry or Orakpo.

I would recommend trading down. I like several of the DEs. I like Everette Brown in the middle of the first. I think he is a good value pick there. I like Micheal Johnson in the second or late first. I think he will blow the combine up. I also like Maualuga in the middle of the first. I think if the Chiefs could move down to the 9-15 pick range and get a few pics that would be the best option for the Chiefs. There is value at DE there.

Brock 01-29-2009 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcbubb (Post 5437707)
I would recommend trading down. I like several of the DEs. I like Everette Brown in the middle of the first. I think he is a good value pick there. I like Micheal Johnson in the second or late first. I think he will blow the combine up. I also like Maualuga in the middle of the first. I think if the Chiefs could move down to the 9-15 pick range and get a few pics that would be the best option for the Chiefs. There is value at DE there.

What if they couldn't move down?

DeezNutz 01-29-2009 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 5437724)

We could probably give up an extra pick or two for the right to move down.

Fritz88 01-29-2009 11:18 AM

Fitzpatrick. WTF.

I agree that we should concentrate on D. But to go for Fitzpatrick!!!

We should keep Thigpen and make him a starter.

The Franchise 01-29-2009 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcbubb (Post 5437707)

No trading down....who would you take?

DeezNutz 01-29-2009 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pestilenceaf23 (Post 5437733)
No trading down....who would you take?

Um. Did you read his entire post?

The Franchise 01-29-2009 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 5437731)
We HAVE to ****ing move down.

We don't HAVE to do shit.

Where do these people get this idea that it's SOOOOOO ****ing easy to trade down out of the top 3. Teams will have to give up a lot of picks to move up...and there has to be someone there who's worth it to them.

The Franchise 01-29-2009 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 5437734)

Yes I did....and no where in his entire post did he state who he would take at 3 if we couldn't trade down.

Brock 01-29-2009 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 5437734)

I did, and he didn't address it.

DeezNutz 01-29-2009 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pestilenceaf23 (Post 5437736)

Where do these people get this idea that it's SOOOOOO ****ing easy to trade down out of the top 3. Teams will have to give up a lot of picks to move up...and there has to be someone there who's worth it to them.

Warning:

Sometimes posts contain sarcasm. Proceed with caution.

The Franchise 01-29-2009 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 5437743)
Warning:

Sometimes posts contain sarcasm. Proceed with caution.

It's early....give me a break.

Coogs 01-29-2009 11:21 AM

Quote:

:LOL:

DeezNutz 01-29-2009 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pestilenceaf23 (Post 5437740)
Yes I did....and no where in his entire post did he state who he would take at 3 if we couldn't trade down.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 5437742)
I did, and he didn't address it.

Many apologies good (but never True) fans. It was in fact I who misread the lad's post. That syntax is sometimes a mother****er.

kstater 01-29-2009 11:22 AM

Quote:

Dumbass, with a capital D.

Brock 01-29-2009 11:22 AM

Quote:

Maybe if we throw in Larry Johnson.

kcbubb 01-29-2009 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 5437677)
If they didn't draft a QB, there isn't going to be any free agent QB any better than what they already have.

Any QB that we draft may not be better than what we have. If you draft a QB, you have to develop them. If you sign a young free agent like Cassell or Fitzpatrick or keep Thigpen, you still have to develop them. It's a risk either way.

tyton75 01-29-2009 11:22 AM

I pretty much agree with him.. other than Fitzpatrick.. but another FA QB for competition.. etc..

and i would like us to move down and get more picks.. but if we cant'... BPA!

which looks to be an OT

DeezNutz 01-29-2009 11:24 AM

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i1...plesscover.jpg

HemiEd 01-29-2009 11:24 AM

:popcorn::popcorn:

Brock 01-29-2009 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcbubb (Post 5437753)
Any QB that we draft may not be better than what we have. If you draft a QB, you have to develop them. If you sign a young free agent like Cassell or Fitzpatrick or keep Thigpen, you still have to develop them. It's a risk either way.

With the major difference in upside. None of those guys is likely to be a huge difference maker, whereas Stafford or Sanchez just might be.

The Franchise 01-29-2009 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyton75 (Post 5437754)
I pretty much agree with him.. other than Fitzpatrick.. but another FA QB for competition.. etc..

and i would like us to move down and get more picks.. but if we cant'... BPA!

which looks to be an OT

The dreaded OT post. This will not end well. :cuss:

Frosty 01-29-2009 11:27 AM

Quote:

You do know there is free agency and other draft picks, right?

The difference between Orakpo or Curry and what you can get in the second/third isn't very great. The difference between Stafford/Sanchez and Bomar or (snort) Fitzpatrick is f'ing huge.

kcbubb 01-29-2009 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fritz88 (Post 5437732)
Fitzpatrick. WTF.

I agree that we should concentrate on D. But to go for Fitzpatrick!!!

We should keep Thigpen and make him a starter.

The reason for signing Fitzpatrick is the lack of QB talent in this draft. Fitzpatrick is young and inexperienced but he has shown that he has ability to lead a team. He could compete with Thigpen. And the competition should make both of them better players.

DeezNutz 01-29-2009 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyton75 (Post 5437754)
which looks to be an OT

I've also heard that guards sometimes compare favorably to QB's.

If you can find a guard who goes to 13 Pro-Bowls, you'd need a QB who goes to 11 to get equal value.

DeezNutz 01-29-2009 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcbubb (Post 5437770)
Fitzpatrick is young and inexperienced but he has shown that he has ability to lead a team.

Out of curiosity, what did he lead them to?

The Franchise 01-29-2009 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcbubb (Post 5437770)
The reason for signing Fitzpatrick is the lack of QB talent in this draft. Fitzpatrick is young and inexperienced but he has shown that he has ability to lead a team. He could compete with Thigpen. And the competition should make both of them better players.

Lack of QB talent? You can't be ****ing serious. We have a shot to get either Stafford or Sanchez and you want to pass on them because of Fitzpatrick and Thigpen? The stupidity of some people ceases to amaze me.

kcbubb 01-29-2009 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 5437763)
With the major difference in upside. None of those guys is likely to be a huge difference maker, whereas Stafford or Sanchez just might be.

You could say the same with Everette Brown. I think the Chargers missed Merriman this season.

The Chargers began to change as a team when they selected Merriman. I don't want to be like the 49ers and select the next Alex Smith and pass on Merriman. The Chiefs should trade down and spread the risk over several players.

The Franchise 01-29-2009 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcbubb (Post 5437785)
You could say the same with Everette Brown. I think the Chargers missed Merriman this season.

The Chargers began to change as a team when they selected Merriman. I don't want to be like the 49ers and select the next Alex Smith and pass on Merriman. The Chiefs should trade down and spread the risk over several players.

Eliminate trading down because the chance that it happens is slim to none.

Coogs 01-29-2009 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcbubb (Post 5437785)

Get the QB this year. Get some O-line and LB's with some other picks. Get the DE next year when some very good DE's will be in the draft early... which is in all likelyhood where we will be picking again.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2010.php

Or Spikes or Mays for that matter.

PhillyChiefFan 01-29-2009 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pestilenceaf23 (Post 5437790)
Eliminate trading down because the chance that it happens is slim to none.

Truth, there are no sure fire prospects this year. Teams won't be clammering to get ahold of a Matt Ryan, Reggie Bush, DeMarcus Ware type players this year.

Sanchez is inexperienced, and even Stafford has some questions.

Crush 01-29-2009 11:37 AM

:Lin:

jspchief 01-29-2009 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhillyChiefFan (Post 5437802)
Truth, there are no sure fire prospects this year. Teams won't be clammering to get ahold of a Matt Ryan, Reggie Bush, DeMarcus Ware type players this year.

Sanchez is inexperienced, and even Stafford has some questions.

Was anyone "clammering" to get Matt Ryan last year?

Deberg_1990 01-29-2009 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhillyChiefFan (Post 5437802)
Truth, there are no sure fire prospects this year. Teams won't be clammering to get ahold of a Matt Ryan,

Were you around last year? Everyone was saying the same stuff last year about Ryan and Flacco.

"We cant take a QB!!" "On noes!!" "its just too risky!!"

"These guys are not good enough to be first round picks!!!"

kcbubb 01-29-2009 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 5437724)

They should be able to move down. Several teams are in need of a wide receiver and I don't see Crabtree lasting #5. The 49ers at pick #10 need both a wideout and possibly a QB. Guess who there leading receiver was last year?

BigCatDaddy 01-29-2009 11:44 AM

Sanchez at 3 just doesn't make sense. The Falcons took Ryan at 3 last year and this year we are thinking of taking Sanchez at 3? We need to address the position, but maybe this just isn't the year to do it in round 1. If Stafford falls go for it, but let's not reach for a QB here. Rome wasn't built in a day, there will be other opportunities.

R&GHomer 01-29-2009 11:46 AM

Put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard.

PhillyChiefFan 01-29-2009 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 5437837)
Sanchez at 3 just doesn't make sense. The Falcons took Ryan at 3 last year and this year we are thinking of taking Sanchez at 3? We need to address the position, but maybe this just isn't the year to do it in round 1. If Stafford falls go for it, but let's not reach for a QB here. Rome wasn't built in a day, there will be other opportunities.

I completely agree with you.

I'm not convinced of Sanchez ( I know I'll get blasted for this, but what the hell)

I'd take Stafford, if no Stafford...take a QB but in the 3rd or 4th round.

I just don't see sticking with Sanchez at #3.

I trust Pioli and his influence, if he doesn't believe completely in the player, I dont' think he will allow it with or without HC support.

jspchief 01-29-2009 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcbubb (Post 5437825)
They should be able to move down. Several teams are in need of a wide receiver and I don't see Crabtree lasting #5. The 49ers at pick #10 need both a wideout and possibly a QB. Guess who there leading receiver was last year?

The cost of moving up to #3 is extreme. I just don't feel that Crabtree (or anyone else in this draft) is a guy that a team will mortgage their future for.

PhillyChiefFan 01-29-2009 11:49 AM

Am I just missing something with Sanchez?

BTW, I'm a diehard PSU fan and yes I did see what he did to a good PSU defense in the Rose Bowl.

Was he that good throughout the rest of the season? Honest question.

jspchief 01-29-2009 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhillyChiefFan (Post 5437856)
Am I just missing something with Sanchez?

BTW, I'm a diehard PSU fan and yes I did see what he did to a good PSU defense in the Rose Bowl.

Was he that good throughout the rest of the season? Honest question.

Based on his body of work, he's good. The one knock is that his body of work consists of a single season, surrounded by a lot of talent.

The Franchise 01-29-2009 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 5437863)
Based on his body of work, he's good. The one knock is that his body of work consists of a single season, surrounded by a lot of talent.

Name the talent on USC's offense.

BigCatDaddy 01-29-2009 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhillyChiefFan (Post 5437853)
I completely agree with you.

I'm not convinced of Sanchez ( I know I'll get blasted for this, but what the hell)

I'd take Stafford, if no Stafford...take a QB but in the 3rd or 4th round.

I just don't see sticking with Sanchez at #3.

I trust Pioli and his influence, if he doesn't believe completely in the player, I dont' think he will allow it with or without HC support.

The OP has a valid point, but with the Fitzpatrick remark he lost cred with that point.

The Franchise 01-29-2009 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 5437875)
The OP has a valid point, but with the Fitzpatrick remark he lost cred with that point.

What ****ing valid point was that? That he's terrified to draft a QB this year just like half the board is?

Deberg_1990 01-29-2009 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pestilenceaf23 (Post 5437877)
That he's terrified to draft a QB ANY year just like half the board is?

FYP

kcbubb 01-29-2009 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pestilenceaf23 (Post 5437782)
Lack of QB talent? You can't be ****ing serious. We have a shot to get either Stafford or Sanchez and you want to pass on them because of Fitzpatrick and Thigpen? The stupidity of some people ceases to amaze me.

You could make the same argument for trading down, getting more picks and selecting someone like Everette Brown. You would be passing on a DE with the talent of Brown. He could end being a player like Shawn Merriman. It's a risk either way. No one knows.

The Chiefs had the #13 ranked defense in 2007. They had an old secondary in Ty Law and Surtain. They lost Jared Allen last season. You could make the argument that the Chiefs could have a #13 defense again next season if they hit the bulls eye and drafted a big time defensive end that could replace Jared Allen with the upgrades in the secondary(Carr, Flowers, Leggett).

Deberg_1990 01-29-2009 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcbubb (Post 5437881)
You could make the same argument for trading down, getting more picks and selecting someone like Everette Brown. You would be passing on a DE with the talent of Brown. He could end being a player like Shawn Merriman. It's a risk either way. No one knows.

The Chiefs had the #13 ranked defense in 2007. They had an old secondary in Ty Law and Surtain. They lost Jared Allen last season. You could make the argument that the Chiefs could have a #13 defense again next season if they hit the bulls eye and drafted a big time defensive end that could replace Jared Allen with the upgrades in the secondary(Carr, Flowers, Leggett).

We dont even know who the defensive coaches are going to be, what type of system they are going to run and the types of players that will fit that system.

PhillyChiefFan 01-29-2009 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 5437875)

Yea, I was trying to ignore that part of the post :D

In my mind, Stafford is the pick at #3 if he is there, if not we have plenty of other holes to address.

Sanchez is raw, talented but raw IMHO. We need a QB that could step in and compete right away with Thigpen.

I'm all for getting a franchise QB, very few teams are successful without one, but it seems that those that want Sanchez is reaching for an immediate fix that won't be there.

Wish it would be Stafford and Matt Ryan to choose from this year :)

BigCatDaddy 01-29-2009 11:59 AM

Quote:

What ****ing valid point was that? That he's terrified to draft a QB this year just like half the board is?

That we shouldn't reach based on need. I think half the board is terrified to take Sanchez. If Stafford slips and we take him, you will see a collective CP orgasm. It's isn't the position as much as the player.

That being said, I have confidence that whoever they take this year will be the right choice, which is more then I can say for the last 15 years. If Pioli see's something in Sanchez and thinks he is guy, then great. I'm sure he is a better evaluation of talent then any poster here, Mecca excluded of course....

chiefzilla1501 01-29-2009 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pestilenceaf23 (Post 5437736)

Trading out of the top 3 is more difficult than it needs to be because idiot GMs rely on a draft chart to determine trade value. The good news is, we have a GM that won't make that mistake.

Given Pioli's history, if he believes he can get the guy he really wants a little lower in the draft, he will trade out of the #3 pick, even if that means getting slightly less trade value. If Stafford and/or Oher are on board, I don't think it will be difficult to find takers.

I think you could easily trade down and still get Sanchez. Sanchez is the guy I would prefer but I think at #3, it's a huge reach.

kcbubb 01-29-2009 12:00 PM

Quote:

I'm not terrified of selecting a QB. The better option is to move down and select a possible dominant DE or LB. Why are you afraid of selecting a DE/LB?

Brock 01-29-2009 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcbubb (Post 5437893)
I'm not terrified of selecting a QB. The better option is to move down and select a possible dominant DE or LB. Why are you afraid of selecting a DE/LB?

It's almost completely unrealistic. A trade down isn't going to happen.

jspchief 01-29-2009 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pestilenceaf23 (Post 5437869)
Name the talent on USC's offense.

They may not be across-the-board first rounders, but that team has a shitload of talent on offense.

How many minutes did Sanchez play from behind? That defense kept him out tight spots too.

Don't get me wrong. Sanchez is probably my pick at #3. But the con that he hasn't been tested much is legitimate.

The Franchise 01-29-2009 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcbubb (Post 5437881)

You're comparing apples to oranges. We NEED a DE. We don't need an OLB for a 3-4 defense (as of yet). There is no DE worth the #3 spot. However...there are two QBs that are worth the #3 spot. Stafford and Sanchez. Go into the Draft forum and read the stuff on Sanchez.

And quit saying that we should just trade down. Everyone says it every year....and it never happens. How about this? We should just trade down for the Eagles two 1st round picks. Guess what....it would cost the Eagles their ENTIRE draft. Yeah....all 10 picks. to move up to the #3 spot.

The Franchise 01-29-2009 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 5437890)
Trading out of the top 3 is more difficult than it needs to be because idiot GMs rely on a draft chart to determine trade value. The good news is, we have a GM that won't make that mistake.

Given Pioli's history, if he believes he can get the guy he really wants a little lower in the draft, he will trade out of the #3 pick, even if that means getting slightly less trade value. If Stafford and/or Oher are on board, I don't think it will be difficult to find takers.

I think you could easily trade down and still get Sanchez. Sanchez is the guy I would prefer but I think at #3, it's a huge reach.

Well I figured it would come sooner or later. Here he is with the tired argument titled:

"THE NFL DRAFT VALUE CHART IS THE SUX000000RZ!!!!!"

PhillyChiefFan 01-29-2009 12:06 PM

I don't think any of this is going to get resolved until we have a HC and DC personally.

A QB this year is a must, when is up for debate but we will be drafting a QB no matter what Thigpen says. Pioli doesn't strike me as the type to go into a season without a full compliment of prepared and competant QB's.

He has done a good job so far picking QB's (see Brady and Cassell) granted it remains to be seen how much influence BB had on that, but still I'm much more hopeful with him behind the helm than Carl Peterson and Herm Edwards.

kcbubb 01-29-2009 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arc (Post 5437769)
You do know there is free agency and other draft picks, right?

The difference between Orakpo or Curry and what you can get in the second/third isn't very great. The difference between Stafford/Sanchez and Bomar or (snort) Fitzpatrick is f'ing huge.

THIS IS NOT TRUE. Look at history. Read this article. There are a lot ways to win the superbowl.

http://www.nfl.com/superbowl/story?i...s&confirm=true

I wish I could make everyone read the article above.

ChiefsCountry 01-29-2009 12:07 PM

Stupidity level around here is so freaking high. QB is the most important position in the freaking NFL. Hell in all of sports. Not MLB, not LT which we have, Not DE. We are in position now to grap a franchise QB. You are not in this position very often. Sanchez right now is at worse a top 10 pick. By draft day he will be top 3 easily. Next year's draft is loaded with defensive talent. Tons of it. Especially at DE. MLB is a 3rd or 4th round pick not a 1st. We have free agency as well to work with the defense. Don't expect a freaking Miami Dolphin season next year either. It isnt happening. Besides that team will fall flat on their face this year. We are in the same position to be the 90's Dallas Cowboys of this decade, and alot of you want to be the freaking Chiefs of the 90's.

Brock 01-29-2009 12:09 PM

Oh great, the old "Tom Brady was a sixth rounder" argument. How tiresome.

The Franchise 01-29-2009 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcbubb (Post 5437921)
THIS IS NOT TRUE. Look at history. Read this article. There are a lot ways to win the superbowl.

And I'm tired of the whole argument that "Tom Brady was a 6th round pick....let's just draft QBs late in the draft and we'll hit one!"

Tom Brady was a ****ing anomaly.

suds79 01-29-2009 12:12 PM

Why does everybody assume that Matt Cassell is the 2nd coming at Qb?

He's had 1 good year.

Well, so did Derek Anderson

kcbubb 01-29-2009 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pestilenceaf23 (Post 5437897)
You're comparing apples to oranges. We NEED a DE. We don't need an OLB for a 3-4 defense (as of yet). There is no DE worth the #3 spot. However...there are two QBs that are worth the #3 spot. Stafford and Sanchez. Go into the Draft forum and read the stuff on Sanchez.

And quit saying that we should just trade down. Everyone says it every year....and it never happens. How about this? We should just trade down for the Eagles two 1st round picks. Guess what....it would cost the Eagles their ENTIRE draft. Yeah....all 10 picks. to move up to the #3 spot.

The Ravens traded down last year from the 8th pick. It happens almost every year.

chiefzilla1501 01-29-2009 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pestilenceaf23 (Post 5437904)
Well I figured it would come sooner or later. Here he is with the tired argument titled:

"THE NFL DRAFT VALUE CHART IS THE SUX000000RZ!!!!!"

The draft chart is reeruned. I don't know how anyone can defend that piece of shit piece of paper.

Would you trade the same compensation for Chris Long as you would for Calvin Johnson? Because your lame draft chart says you should offer the same exact compensation for it.

The Ravens and the Pats are the two teams who like to trade down most. They do it a lot. I guess they have no idea what they're doing.

Brock 01-29-2009 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcbubb (Post 5437941)
The Ravens traded down last year from the 8th pick. It happens almost every year.

How often does a trade involving top 3 draft picks happen?

The Franchise 01-29-2009 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcbubb (Post 5437941)

The 8th pick and the 3rd pick are two totally different things. That's like saying that it's just as easy to trade out of the 10th pick as it is to trade out of the 1st pick.

Frosty 01-29-2009 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcbubb (Post 5437921)

I fail to see what that article had to do with what I posted about the value of the picks.

The Franchise 01-29-2009 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 5437942)
The draft chart is reeruned. I don't know how anyone can defend that piece of shit piece of paper.

Would you trade the same compensation for Chris Long as you would for Calvin Johnson? Because your lame draft chart says you should offer the same exact compensation for it.

The Ravens and the Pats are the two teams who like to trade down most. They do it a lot. I guess they have no idea what they're doing.

Whether you think it's reeruned or not....teams use it. So get over it.

Mama Hip Rockets 01-29-2009 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 5437697)
Thigpen is better than Fitzpatrick.

exactly.

chiefzilla1501 01-29-2009 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 5437944)
How often does a trade involving top 3 draft picks happen?

That's exactly the problem. It doesn't happen enough because the draft chart is stupid and it asks for the moon, and so teams take players they don't necessarily want.

The problem is that when a team negotiates a trade, they wait for the right offer instead of proactively making the right offer work. If a team was willing to pick up the phone and negotiate instead of waiting for the phone to ring, I guarantee you'd see a lot of movement.

The fact that you never see trades in the top 3 tells you the draft chart is way off.

Mama Hip Rockets 01-29-2009 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 5437670)
go kill yourself... and video tape it so I can watch it over and over

is that really necessary? you really want to watch a video of a suicide over an opinion about football?