ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Seriously, how long does it take... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=204543)

NIUhuskies 03-21-2009 12:17 PM

Seriously, how long does it take...

for Cassel to pick a damn number!? What has it been, 3 or 4 weeks since he was traded here? I know its not a huge deal, but i just think its annoying. Ive been waiting to buy my brother a Cassel jersey for weeks and I cant because hes taking so long. Engram, Vbrabel, Daniels, and the other new guys had them right away...

Mr. Plow 03-21-2009 12:22 PM

This just means that he is, in fact, part of a 7 team trade that will bring Jeff George to KC.

Hog's Gone Fishin 03-21-2009 12:38 PM

Yeah, Thats just great, an indecisive Quarterback!

htismaqe 03-21-2009 12:42 PM

Cassel is going to be playing for Denver come the beginning of the season. That's why he doesn't have a number yet.

Brock 03-21-2009 12:48 PM

ROFL

wild1 03-21-2009 12:48 PM

Cassel, you magnificent bastard

kcsam07 03-21-2009 12:56 PM

not gonna happen

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 5599443)
Cassel is going to be playing for Denver come the beginning of the season. That's why he doesn't have a number yet.

not to ruin your hopes and pipe dreams but theres no way cassell isnt our qb at the start of the season :D

second with how quiet pioli and the chiefs are right now who knows if hes been signed long term or not?:shake:

htismaqe 03-21-2009 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcsam07 (Post 5599470)
not to ruin your hopes and pipe dreams but theres no way cassell isnt our qb at the start of the season :D

secong with how quite pioli and the chiefs are right now who knows if hes been signed long term or not?:shake:

Um, take your sarcasm meter to the shop dude. It needs a tune-up.

milkman 03-21-2009 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcsam07 (Post 5599470)

secong with how quite pioli and the chiefs are right now who knows if hes been signed long term or not?:shake:

Seriously dude, throw in a shift key and a couple of commas

kcsam07 03-21-2009 01:01 PM

sorry dude

what are u the grammar police? second dude is slang and u didnt use a period at the end of the last sentence

Kyle DeLexus 03-21-2009 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcsam07 (Post 5599478)
what are u the grammar police? second dude is slang and u didnt use a period at the end of the last sentence

He only used one sentence.

CrazyPhuD 03-21-2009 01:07 PM

You don't give people numbers who are just going to get cut. It sets the wrong expectations!

kcsam07 03-21-2009 01:08 PM

ok

Quote:

Originally Posted by MWagg72 (Post 5599482)

i just dont know what the big deal about the grammar is??

chiefs1111 03-21-2009 01:09 PM

Does it really matter???

milkman 03-21-2009 01:10 PM

Quote:

I have no problem with slang.
I have no ****ing problem if you curse.
I have no problem with an occassional typo, which is why I didn't say anything about "secong" before you corrected.

I do, however, have difficulty finding a poster credible when his posting style makes him look like a dumbass.

kcsam07 03-21-2009 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 5599489)
I have no problem with slang.
I have no ****ing problem if you curse.
I have no problem with an occassional typo, which is why I didn't say anything about "secong" before you corrected.

I do, however, have difficulty finding a poster credible when his posting style makes him look like a dumbass.

how does my style make me look like a dumbass?? u say u have no problem with the above stuff but yet your main complaint in your first post was the commas and such??

bowener 03-21-2009 01:14 PM

Quote:

Apparently we are no longer allowed to use slang? What the **** is that all about. Also, I believe he was mocking you by not using correct punctuation.

As for MC, I hope the lack of a new contract and the fact that he hasn't publicly picked a number (which at the very least slightly hurts jersey sales) means he is going to be traded on draft day. I think he is a great guy, and probably could be a pretty good QB (I envision something kind of like Trent Green, probably wrong though), but I think what would be best for the team is a trade (Detroits #20 is perfect) and us drafting a Qb at #3.

It is a great move because Detroit cant screw it up really. If they decide QB at #1, then we keep Cassel, no worries, and draft the next best player. However, if Detroit takes OL (which they really should), then it would be pretty easy to convince them that they need MC, a starting ready QB, to come in there and throw to Johnson every week. All it would cost them is the pick the cowboys traded to them.

If that were the case, then we take the best QB at #3, then when the 20th pick comes up, trade MC to Detroit, and then we draft the best D player available, perhaps a NT if there is a good one there, if not, then the best damn linebacker (and there should be some good ones there).

We would end up paying about the same amount of money to the quarterback that we would have to MC (just more years so it looks bigger). I have a shit load more confidence in these coaches to coach up a rookie QB, especially with a smart kid (stafford is supposed to be pretty bright), and turn them into a starting ready QB. They will have plenty of weapons to go to in our offense, so that should ease their transition some too.

milkman 03-21-2009 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 5599498)
Apparently we are no longer allowed to use slang? What the **** is that all about. Also, I believe he was mocking you by not using correct punctuation.

No, I have to own it.

That was a typo on my part.

milkman 03-21-2009 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcsam07 (Post 5599497)
how does my style make me look like a dumbass?? u say u have no problem with the above stuff but yet your main complaint in your first post was the commas and such??

Do I have to actually spell it out for you?

wild1 03-21-2009 01:28 PM

bad grammar makes me sic

kcsam07 03-21-2009 01:30 PM

no your basically saying im a dumbass because i didnt use correct punctuation and youve never done that? im sure everybody has i didnt think it was a major issue

Skip Towne 03-21-2009 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcsam07 (Post 5599512)
no your basically saying im a dumbass because i didnt use correct punctuation and youve never done that? im sure everybody has i didnt think it was a major issue

Not everybody has. I'm purrfect.

Kyle DeLexus 03-21-2009 02:09 PM

Quote:

It's easier to respect someones opinion if they, at the very least, use caps and punctuation. An example is Sherron Collins. Good guy and everything, but if you've gotten a text from him or have him on facebook, you wouldn't take much advise from him, other than how to shoot a jumper or drive the lane.

bowener 03-21-2009 02:14 PM

Quote:

Here is an example for you. This is usually used to show the problems of linguistics and translation, but I think it will serve well here.

Punctuate the sentence below:

Quote:

woman without her man would be nothing

Now, depending on how you punctuate that, it makes a big ****ing difference. I do not have the best grammar at times, but I do realize how big of a difference it makes when one is trying to expound their opinions or observations.

orange 03-21-2009 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 5599498)
It is a great move because Detroit cant screw it up really. If they decide QB at #1, then we keep Cassel, no worries, and draft the next best player. However, if Detroit takes OL (which they really should), then it would be pretty easy to convince them that they need MC, a starting ready QB, to come in there and throw to Johnson every week. All it would cost them is the pick the cowboys traded to them.

Great move for Detroit? You're kidding, right? They could have had Matt Cassel for a second-rounder. If you don't think this would cause a firestorm in Detroit, you're dreaming (and keep in mind - a firestorm in Detroit involves real fire).

kstater 03-21-2009 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcsam07 (Post 5599487)
i just dont know what the big deal about the grammar is??

ur grammer iz just fyne for a 8 year old

Mama Hip Rockets 03-21-2009 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MWagg72 (Post 5599482)

ROFL

Crush 03-21-2009 06:08 PM

Quote:

they hatin' ur stile

KCChiefsMan 03-21-2009 06:18 PM

he doesnt want to make the same mistake Grbac made, taking 11 and then realizing that he would be way more comfortable in 18.

Smed1065 03-21-2009 06:22 PM

WHO CARES?

Nice Clayton post.

Look at me-LOL

I said look at my fat ass!

Ok its half the size it was so its slim and sexy.

Just ask me- Clay

redsurfer11 03-21-2009 06:23 PM

It won't happen till after he signs the big contract. Then he will pay off Lenny Dawson for the rights to #16.