ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Video Games Man kills daughter after she broke his Xbox (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=205560)

Deberg_1990 04-08-2009 08:58 AM

Man kills daughter after she broke his Xbox

An oldie but a goody.

http://www.tgdaily.com/content/view/35864/118/

Philadelphia (PA) - Tyrone Spellman has been convicted of murdering his daughter, in an angry rage that was ignited because she knocked over his Xbox.

According to media reports, Spellman's daughter Alayiah pulled on the cords of the Xbox, causing the system to fall down and break. Spellman then struck his daughter so hard that he cracked her skull, said prosecutors. He may also have thrown her across the room, according to initial claims.

Spellman, who confessed to the crime within 24 hours, originally told the police that Alayiah fell out of her bed, and then tried to claim his confession was only out of protection for his wife. Spellman's wife was asleep during the incident.

The Department of Human Services had previously been tipped by an anonymous caller that Alayiah's parents were abusive, but they were previously unable to find any evidence.

Spellman was convicted of third-degree murder and child endangerment, and faces up to 47 years behind bars.

Rain Man 04-08-2009 09:01 AM

More proof that video games incite violence.

Mr. Flopnuts 04-08-2009 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 5650564)
More proof that video games incite violence.

Maybe we can more than double the excise tax on the product. I'm sure people wouldn't mind. As long as we used the money to buy healthcare for children of abuse.

bluehawkdoc 04-08-2009 09:22 AM

Tyrone is gonna be real "popular" in prison. Might as well have his teeth pulled before he gets there.

Go Mizzou & Chiefs 04-08-2009 09:39 AM

wow lol

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-08-2009 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 5650552)
An oldie but a goody.

Yes, let's be reminded of this kind of shit not once, but twice! Or many times after that!:shake:

Get a hobby. Jesus ****ing Christ.

ChiTown 04-08-2009 09:41 AM

Pathetic.

wutamess 04-08-2009 09:52 AM

Do you know what 3 weeks without Call of Duty 4 would do to you?

j/k... Save tax payers money and kill'em quickly.

Wish it was an eye for an eye society. Then fuggers wouldn't be so quick to do shit.
Fugg rehabilitation, retaliation is where it's at.

Katipan 04-08-2009 09:57 AM

What the **** is 3rd degree murder?

MMXcalibur 04-08-2009 09:58 AM

I know I sometimes get mad when playing Madden online, but Jesus Christ...I would never STRIKE someone over it. Very sad....

Thanks for ruining my day, asshole!

Deberg_1990 04-08-2009 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wutamess (Post 5650717)
Wish it was an eye for an eye society. Then fuggers wouldn't be so quick to do shit.
Fugg rehabilitation, retaliation is where it's at.

This

Katipan 04-08-2009 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCtotheSB (Post 5650746)
I know I sometimes get mad when playing Madden online, but Jesus Christ...I would never STRIKE someone over it. Very sad....

I dunno, this one time I was playing and some 12 year old would kick off and the ****ing dude that kicked the ball would run down field and catch the damn ball while my dudes stood there like morons. Over and over and over again.

I could have easily hit that 12 year old with my truck.

DaKCMan AP 04-08-2009 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katipan (Post 5650742)

<dl><dd>
  1. First Degree Murder: Intentional and premeditated
  2. Second Degree Murder: Committed as a principal or an accomplice while in the act of a felony.
  3. Third Degree Murder: Any other murder
</dd></dl>

Duck Dog 04-08-2009 10:14 AM

WTF did I even click on this thread for? Jesus God, she was 17 months old.

Duck Dog 04-08-2009 10:18 AM

So now I had to google the mother****er.

Quote:

An autopsy showed that Alayiah had suffered a broken arm about two weeks before she died -- an injury that city social workers did not see on two visits to the house.
Quote:

Tyrone Spellman, 27, of Philadelphia, killed Alayiah Turman with at least five blows to the head, prosecutors said. The force of the blows cracked the toddler's skull several times.
Quote:

A jury convicted Spellman of third-degree murder and child endangerment in January, and he was sentenced Thursday to the maximum 22 1/2 to 45 years in prison.

Donger 04-08-2009 10:21 AM

I hope they dismantle the Xbox, force him to eat it and then let him slowly die as his body attempts to digest it.

Hootie 04-08-2009 10:34 AM

it's a good thing one of my illegitimate children wasn't wondering around when my 360 red lighted last week...

Chiefs Pantalones 04-08-2009 10:35 AM

Is he black

Pitt Gorilla 04-08-2009 10:38 AM

Cue the "Spare the rod, spoil the child" defense/apologists.

Hootie 04-08-2009 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanilla Thunder (Post 5650883)
Is he black

Duh.

Hootie 04-08-2009 10:38 AM

Better yet, just read one word in and you'll figure it out...

Rain Man 04-08-2009 10:42 AM

He may have gone overboard, but you have to admit that she'll never mess with his Xbox again.

ChiTown 04-08-2009 10:50 AM

Soapbox Time

It's interesting how some minds work on these threads. Immediately, my heart goes out to that little girl who couldn't protect/defend herself. What a waste of a life. Then I think of what a pile of shit this dickweed is for doing something like that to a child.

However, then we have the posters that almost always make light of the situation, and I never quite get that. Oh, I understand that it's not anyone's child, friend or even a friend of a friend to anyone on this board. I get that. I've just got a really sensitive part in my heart for kids, especially little kids who get abused by adults, or lose their lives to some tragedy. I've never been able to de-sensitize myself from the story. Moreover, I never have understood how others can so effortlessly do so. Oh well, carry on.

/off soapbox

Katipan 04-08-2009 10:55 AM

Because some people are so comfortable with how they feel about children and their intrinsic self that making a joke has zero impact on their soul.

Rain Man 04-08-2009 10:56 AM

Eh, I don't come here to be sad. I come here to be entertained.

Similarly, I don't like watching sad movies on TV. What am I supposed to get out of that? I'm trying to escape sadness and tragedy, not find it.

Hootie 04-08-2009 10:56 AM

Because it's my world and you're all just living in it!

kysirsoze 04-08-2009 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katipan (Post 5650742)

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 5650791)
<dl><dd>
  1. First Degree Murder: Intentional and premeditated
  2. Second Degree Murder: Committed as a principal or an accomplice while in the act of a felony.
  3. Third Degree Murder: Any other murder
</dd></dl>

I understand the difference, but throwing a small child against a wall hard enough to kill her, regardless of the reason, should by definition be in with the worst categorization of murder. This makes me sick.

ChiTown 04-08-2009 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 5650949)

Similarly, I don't like watching sad movies on TV. What am I supposed to get out of that? I'm trying to escape sadness and tragedy, not find it.

Now, you see, that's interesting to me.

If that's genuinely true, why then click on a thread that clearly reads "man kills daughter over XBOX ", unless death is entertaining to you. Remember, I'm not judging, I'm just truly intrigued by this.

Dr. Johnny Fever 04-08-2009 11:00 AM

Over react much? It's not like the kid spilled his beer or something...

Hootie 04-08-2009 11:02 AM

I blame the media for reporting a story like this! If it wasn't for the media, people like Rain Man could never make light of such a situation because it wouldn't be made public!

Rain Man 04-08-2009 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 5650959)
Now, you see, that's interesting to me.

If that's genuinely true, why then click on a thread that clearly reads "man kills daughter over XBOX ", unless death is entertaining to you. Remember, I'm not judging, I'm just truly intrigued by this.

In thinking about it, I was more intrigued by the weird angle than the death angle. You saw a child being killed and the tragedy therein, and I saw a moron committing a crime over an Xbox and the humor therein.

Plus, I admit that I do have a certain fascination with death. I'm so afraid of it that I have to joke about it.

Donger 04-08-2009 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 5650928)
It's interesting how some minds work on these threads. Immediately, my heart goes out to that little girl who couldn't protect/defend herself. What a waste of a life. Then I think of what a pile of shit this dickweed is for doing something like that to a child.

However, then we have the posters that almost always make light of the situation, and I never quite get that. Oh, I understand that it's not anyone's child, friend or even a friend of a friend to anyone on this board. I get that. I've just got a really sensitive part in my heart for kids, especially little kids who get abused by adults, or lose their lives to some tragedy. I've never been able to de-sensitize myself from the story. Moreover, I never have understood how others can so effortlessly do so. Oh well, carry on.

/off soapbox

You'll note that it is mostly those who are not parents themselves.

Hootie 04-08-2009 11:05 AM

GOD HAS A PLAN FOR ALL OF US.

Rain Man 04-08-2009 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 5650973)

Yes, but I also don't own an Xbox.

Hootie 04-08-2009 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 5650982)

my Valium intake has increased by 2000 percent since mine red lighted

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka 04-08-2009 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 5650928)

/off soapbox

I can not agree with you more. To me it is a form of diminishing the little girl's life.

Rain Man 04-08-2009 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie (Post 5650984)
my Valium intake has increased by 2000 percent since mine red lighted

I feel for your tragic loss.

Rain Man 04-08-2009 11:12 AM

Okay, if Chiefs_Mike_Topeka is here, I surrender unconditionally. I deal only in the realm of the hypothetical, not in reality.

Hootie 04-08-2009 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 5650990)
I feel for your tragic loss.

If only you could walk a mile in my shoes...

The hours of thrills I had growing with my 360...watching myself grow from a lonely staff captain getting made fun of by 12 year old prepubescent teenage boys...to dominating the Ninja scene and becoming a 5 star general...being the leader of my clan...a Bungie superstar...

All that down the drain because of a little dust and a machine lacking a cover...was it overused? Perhaps...but there is simply no amount of words that can describe my significant loss...as this MeatyDragonMan (one of my live names) has signed off (for now).

(Keep in mind this is the same machine that helped me watch 159 episodes of '24'...without this machine Jack Bauer may not be a part of my life, and I'm convinced he's my real father, so...)

Hootie 04-08-2009 11:18 AM

All I'm saying is...

If, before my 360 red lighted last week, someone gave me the choice between taking a human life or losing my xbox, I can tell you from my end that it would be the toughest decision I'd ever have to make...

Tougher than one of those hypothetical situations where you have the choice of killing your brother or your sister, and you have to choose or they both die...type scenarios. Or the ones where you are given an ultimatum like 'would you have sex with your mother for $1,000,000...even though I don't even consider that a tough decision because I'd do that in a second.

bogey 04-08-2009 11:19 AM

I agree with ChiTown. There are plenty of other threads to spread your comedic wings and flaunt your wit. This is not one of them. JMO.

Hootie 04-08-2009 11:19 AM

HAVE I RUINED THIS THREAD YET?

Mama Hip Rockets 04-08-2009 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 5650961)
Over react much? It's not like the kid spilled his beer or something...

why do people on here try so hard to be funny?

seriously. read what you typed out loud. it's not funny.

this is a thread about a little girl being murdered, and people come in and have to make jokes. it's okay to just read a thread once in a while without making an insensitive, complete failure of an attempt at humor.

Hootie 04-08-2009 11:22 AM

Fine.

By that logic, why does a story like this need to ever be in print?

Shouldn't the family of the little girl be able to grieve without the entire world knowing she died over a friggin' Xbox?

A story so tragic that happened for such a dumb reason that is out there for everyone to read is going to end up becoming a mockery to those not directly involved 100 times out of 100.

Rain Man 04-08-2009 11:23 AM

Hootie! Run! They're swarming us! The caring and empathetic parents are swarming us! And they hold the moral high ground!

(Footstep running)

(Footstep running)

(Footstep running)

(Footstep running)

(Footstep running)

ChiTown 04-08-2009 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 5651039)
Hootie! Run! They're swarming us! The caring and empathetic parents are swarming us! And they hold the moral high ground!

(Footstep running)

(Footstep running)

(Footstep running)

(Footstep running)

(Footstep running)

Well, I'll try at least to not judge you by the company you keep.
:D

bogey 04-08-2009 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie (Post 5651017)
All I'm saying is...

If, before my 360 red lighted last week, someone gave me the choice between taking a human life or losing my xbox, I can tell you from my end that it would be the toughest decision I'd ever have to make...

Tougher than one of those hypothetical situations where you have the choice of killing your brother or your sister, and you have to choose or they both die...type scenarios. Or the ones where you are given an ultimatum like 'would you have sex with your mother for $1,000,000...even though I don't even consider that a tough decision because I'd do that in a second.

You love pushing buttons don't you.

Hootie 04-08-2009 11:30 AM

Well Rain Man, my family is an odd family...

If I called my mom (my parents are divorced) randomly (I talk to each parent about once a month) and say..."Mom, 'sup yo!, did you read that story about that dude Tyrone who killed his daughter for breaking his Xbox?!" First she'd laugh, and then she'd tell me to never have children because something similar would probably happen (not to mention she'd feel terrible for the girl who actually dumb enough to let me plant my seed in the first place)...Now, if I called my Dad...he'd probably be shocked, saddened, and ask me to say a prayer for that family. Of course, he's the same guy who rolls down his window every time he sees a Barack Obama supporter holding some ridiculous sign and screams at them (and he's an adult)...

So to be honest, I think if I told my dad this was Tyrone's way of taking out his frustrating on the Obama administration, he'd totally agree and realize how important an Xbox really is.

Donger 04-08-2009 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 5650982)

Would you feel differently if this were a thread about someone torturing and murdering a cat?

Hootie 04-08-2009 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bogey (Post 5651061)
You love pushing buttons don't you.

How is that pushing buttons?

I gave you a real life scenario and let you step in on my decision making process.

I'll be honest, I was hanging out with my 18 month old nephew a month ago or so...

and all I could think about was my next killing frenzy on Halo 3 and how it would happen?

Would it be via the snipe?! I'm an amazing sniper. If so, how many snipes would be no scopes? Would I get one ridiculous no scope that saves my life and continues the frenzy? Could the frenzy become a running riot? Rampage? How many grenade kills would I get? Would the frenzy involve a sniper spree? What about a sharpshooter? How many head shots?

By this point I had no idea where my nephew was...and my sister no longer allows me to hold that thing.

Duck Dog 04-08-2009 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 5650973)

Obviously that is a good thing. Perhaps they can picture in their minds eye what it would be like to witness a grown man trying to punch his way through the head of a 17 month old baby.

Yeah, real funny stuff. This story is filled with comedic relief.

Duck Dog 04-08-2009 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie (Post 5651025)
HAVE I RUINED THIS THREAD YET?

You're not good enough to ruin threads. Karma is a mother****er and when she knocks on your door, I suggest you run for cover.

Katipan 04-08-2009 11:47 AM

My joke about the 12 year old is ok because my beautiful darlings are only 6 and 5.

Hootie 04-08-2009 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katipan (Post 5651094)
My joke about the 12 year old is ok because my beautiful darlings are only 6 and 5.

when karma knocks on your door I suggest you run for cover

Katipan 04-08-2009 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie (Post 5651109)
when karma knocks on your door I suggest you run for cover

I eat Karma.

Hootie 04-08-2009 11:56 AM

karma knocked on my door yesterday when I was at Subway and asked for "a touch of honey mustard" and the bitch loaded that sandwich with that gross stuff...I was hoping it was good honey mustard...but it was not...it wasn't even honey mustard I don't think.

That's what I get for trying something new...

Katipan 04-08-2009 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie (Post 5651114)
karma knocked on my door yesterday when I was at Subway and asked for "a touch of honey mustard" and the bitch loaded that sandwich with that gross stuff...I was hoping it was good honey mustard...but it was not...it wasn't even honey mustard I don't think.

That's what I get for trying something new...

Not only that but that gloved hand she used had just recently been picking dingleberries off her co-worker.

Hootie 04-08-2009 11:59 AM

I'm ok with that.

Duck Dog 04-08-2009 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katipan (Post 5651110)
I eat Karma.

I don't think Karma is made of dick, but whatever.

DeezNutz 04-08-2009 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katipan (Post 5651116)
Not only that but that gloved hand she used had just recently been picking dingleberries off her co-worker.

I wonder if it smelled like vanilla or chocolate?

ChiTown 04-08-2009 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duck Dog (Post 5651121)

ROFL

Hootie 04-08-2009 12:01 PM

my favorite was when I was at this pizza place called Papa Del's a few years ago...they are famous for awesome Chicago style stuffed pizza...anyways we have a few pieces leftover and we ask our awesome waiter if we could get a to go box or something...NO PROBLEM FOR HIM I GUESS...as he proceeds to pick up the two pieces with his hand and disappears off to neverland with them and comes back with the pieces wrapped in foil and in a box...I guess that's one way to do it.

Hootie 04-08-2009 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duck Dog (Post 5651121)

That is funny.

Katipan 04-08-2009 12:04 PM

That post was karmatically driven.

And now I'm hungry.

Hootie 04-08-2009 12:06 PM

TODAY IS PUB WEDNESDAY...CAN'T WAIT CAN'T WAIT CAN'T WAIT

Hog's Gone Fishin 04-08-2009 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 5650949)

And You're a Chiefs fan ?!!

Hog's Gone Fishin 04-08-2009 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie (Post 5651008)
If only you could walk a mile in my shoes...

The hours of thrills I had growing with my 360...watching myself grow from a lonely staff captain getting made fun of by 12 year old prepubescent teenage boys...to dominating the Ninja scene and becoming a 5 star general...being the leader of my clan...a Bungie superstar...

All that down the drain because of a little dust and a machine lacking a cover...was it overused? Perhaps...but there is simply no amount of words that can describe my significant loss...as this MeatyDragonMan (one of my live names) has signed off (for now).

(Keep in mind this is the same machine that helped me watch 159 episodes of '24'...without this machine Jack Bauer may not be a part of my life, and I'm convinced he's my real father, so...)

I thought you were dead. Didn't your mother shoot you in the back ?

Hootie 04-08-2009 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 5651163)
I thought you were dead. Didn't your mother shoot you in the back ?

That's not something to joke about.

Hog's Gone Fishin 04-08-2009 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie (Post 5651172)
That's not something to joke about.

Why ?

Hootie 04-08-2009 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 5651177)
Why ?

It's all fun and games when it is someone else, but when I'm brought into it is where I draw the line.

Hog's Gone Fishin 04-08-2009 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie (Post 5651184)
It's all fun and games when it is someone else, but when I'm brought into it is where I draw the line.

Line drawn.

Noted.

Hootie 04-08-2009 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 5651194)
Line drawn.

Noted.

I'm just clownin', dog! Besides, it wasn't me mother shot, it was my younger brother. Apparently he wasn't living up to expectations...it's hard following my footsteps.

kysirsoze 04-08-2009 12:43 PM

Personally I think anything can be made funny. I'll laugh at a holocaust joke if it's actually funny. That doesn't mean I didn't cry to the point of dehydration watching a certain episode of Band of Brothers. I just appreciate humor.

Hog's Gone Fishin 04-08-2009 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie (Post 5651206)
I'm just clownin', dog! Besides, it wasn't me mother shot, it was my younger brother. Apparently he wasn't living up to expectations...it's hard following my footsteps.

:clap:ROFL

:shake: