ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News Park workers fired after peeing in Old Faithful (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=207793)

Bwana 05-17-2009 10:27 AM

Park workers fired after peeing in Old Faithful

This reminds me of some dipshit move Hootie would pull.

CHEYENNE, Wyo. - Two seasonal Yellowstone National Park concession workers have been fired after a live webcam caught them urinating into the Old Faithful geyser.

Park spokesman Al Nash said a 23-year-old man on Tuesday was fined $750 and placed on three years of unsupervised probation for urinating, being off trail in a restricted area and taking items from the area. The man also was banned from Yellowstone for two years.

The second employee's case is pending.

The park's dispatch center was called after someone watching a webcam on the geyser saw six employees leaving the trail and walking on Old Faithful on May 4.

The geyser was not erupting at the time.

Xanterra Parks & Resorts general manager Jim McCaleb said the former concession workers were hired at the Old Faithful Inn and that such incidents were rare.

Mr. Krab 05-17-2009 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 5772599)
The geyser was not erupting at the time.

Now what would of really been impressive is peeing in there during eruption.

Frazod 05-17-2009 10:46 AM

I saw this a couple of days ago. Idiots. The ground in very unstable in the geyser basin, and as employees they should have damn well known that. They're lucky the didn't fall through and get steam-cooked to death.

bigbucks24 05-17-2009 10:49 AM

But But But, it wasn't his fault. They fired him for nothing. Besides, he had just finished the drinks that he bought and he wasn't leving the park until he pee'd. Another case of Smokey the Bear keeping the peeing man down. Think he sholud fight this?

Bwana 05-17-2009 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Krab's (Post 5772618)

Indeed and as a bonus, they would have been a one trick pony.

Bwana 05-17-2009 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 5772619)
I saw this a couple of days ago. Idiots. The ground in very unstable in the geyser basin, and as employees they should have damn well known that. They're lucky the didn't fall through and get steam-cooked to death.

Very lucky.

You have morons like this and people that think the Park is a giant petting zoo. Much to the horror of several tourists every year, bison are not only wild and have a nasty disposition, but can move very fast. ROFL

"Johnny, go stand next to the bison and I'll take your picture." "ON SHIT!"

chasedude 05-17-2009 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Krab's (Post 5772618)

Too bad, would have made a great Darwin Award.

RJ 05-17-2009 11:38 AM

It's probably hard to resist pissing in a geyser. Kinda like writing your name in the snow.

Not that I condone the practice, of course.

bringbackmarty 05-17-2009 11:42 AM

Okay, probably the biggest and worst prank I have ever pulled in my life. Twenty or so years ago when I was in middle school me and a friend emptied 2 bottles of dish detergent in the middle of the night into one of the geysers. To this day it amazes me that we didn't get caught. There were suds everywhere. I don't think it was old faithful, I think we might have been camping at west thumb.

Tits McGee 05-17-2009 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bringbackmarty (Post 5772663)
Okay, probably the biggest and worst prank I have ever pulled in my life. Twenty or so years ago when I was in middle school me and a friend emptied 2 bottles of dish detergent in the middle of the night into one of the geysers. To this day it amazes me that we didn't get caught. There were suds everywhere. I don't think it was old faithful, I think we might have been camping at west thumb.

I would have loved to seen that. I was there on the 13th, I did notice some yellow stains around Old Faithful but I'm sure it was from the geyser, Elk poop too, do they arrest the animals for trespassing?

Buehler445 05-17-2009 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbucks24 (Post 5772622)
But But But, it wasn't his fault. They fired him for nothing. Besides, he had just finished the drinks that he bought and he wasn't leving the park until he pee'd. Another case of Smokey the Bear keeping the peeing man down. Think he sholud fight this?

Bringing the pain down on Hootie. I like it. Post more.

Hammock Parties 05-17-2009 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 5772629)
Much to the horror of several tourists every year, bison are not only wild and have a nasty disposition, but can move very fast.

This is why I love Chiefsplanet. I'm constantly learning something here.

Note to self: don't **** with Bison.

As an aside, I wonder if you could erect a spit over Old Faithful and put some bison chunks on there or something. Did ancient* Indians do this?

*joke

Bwana 05-17-2009 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tits McGee (Post 5772697)
I would have loved to seen that. I was there on the 13th, I did notice some yellow stains around Old Faithful but I'm sure it was from the geyser, Elk poop too, do they arrest the animals for trespassing?

Wow, you should have taken a picture of the poo. The way the ****ing wolves are eating up the elk population, that may have been your last chance. As far as arresting animals, it does get lonely up there in the winter, so who the hell knows what goes on up there.

Hammock Parties 05-17-2009 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 5772752)
As far as arresting animals, it does get lonely up there in the winter

If anyone could survive in the harsh winter of Yellowstone, it would be you, I'm sure. You should be appointed Winter Watchman of Yellowstone. You could arrest all the animals with your trusty .44 slung at your hip. The bison would see you and croon in fear. The mountain lions would purr at your feet.

"Mr. Bison, there is no defecating on Old Faithful," you would say softly. "Besides, I have to take my steam bath. Now scram."

Bwana 05-17-2009 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claythan (Post 5772709)

I was driving between Idaho Falls and Billings two weeks ago and went through West Yellowstone. About 5 miles outside of town heading toward Big Sky Ski Resort, there were a bunch of them standing in the middle of the highway.

I was drving my F250 V-10 Super Duty 3/4 ton with the deer smacker bumper and drove right up to them. All of them moved with the exception of a big bull. He just stood there with a dumbass bison look on his face three feet from the front of my truck.

I rolled down the window, mother ****ered him up, yelled, waived my arms, honked the horn...nothing. This went on for about five minutes and about the time I was going to "help him off the road" he took a big dump and slowly walked off into the ditch. Useless bastards.

Hammock Parties 05-17-2009 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 5772789)
I was driving between Idaho Falls and Billings two weeks ago and went through West Yellowstone. About 5 miles outside of town heading toward Big Sky Ski Resort, there were a bunch of them standing in the middle of the highway.

I was drving my F250 V-10 Super Duty 3/4 ton with them deer smacker bumper and drove right up to them. All of them moved with the exception of a big bull. He just stood there with a dumbass bison look on his face three feet from the front of my truck.

I rolled down the window, mother ****ered him up, yelled, waived my arms, honked the horn...nothing. This went on for about five minutes and about the time I was going to "help him off the road" he took a big dump and slowly walked off into the ditch. Useless bastards.

ROFL

I have to visit Montana.

You should bring along a camera just for these epic encounters. You could start an awesome thread. "Adventures of Bwana in Montana with the Fauna."

Bwana 05-17-2009 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claythan (Post 5772769)
If anyone could survive in the harsh winter of Yellowstone, it would be you, I'm sure. You should be appointed Winter Watchman of Yellowstone. "

I love spending a lot of time in back country, but there is no way in hell I could hang up there all year. The winter would seem endless. It would drive me crazy. They would likely find me in the spring walking around aimlessly, talking to rocks.

Buehler445 05-17-2009 01:14 PM

Quote:

Dude, Bison will eat your soul. They are mean ass ****ers. They look kind of like cows, but they act nothing like them.

Buehler445 05-17-2009 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 5772800)
I love spending a lot of time in back country, but there is no way in hell I could hang up there all year. The winter would seem endless. It would drive me crazy. They would likely find me in the spring walking around aimlessly, talking to rocks.

Hey Bwana, I saw pictures of the Cabela's store that went in up there. I thought the design was pretty lackluster compared to the other stores. It is supposed to be one of the "next generation" stores I think.

Sorry dude. It did look like they had some nice taxidermy in there though.

Bwana 05-17-2009 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claythan (Post 5772794)
ROFL

I have to visit Montana.

You should bring along a camera just for these epic encounters. You could start an awesome thread. "Adventures of Bwana in Montana with the Fauna."

You should pick up a book called the "Indian Creek Chronicles" by Pete Fromm. One of the best books I have ever read.

Winner of the Pacific Northwest Booksellers Association Book Award," Indian Creek Chronicles" is Pete Fromm's account of seven winter months spent alone in a tent in Idaho guarding salmon eggs and coming face to face with the blunt realities of life as a contemporary mountain man. A gripping story of adventure and a modern-day Walden, this contemporary classic established Fromm as one of the West's premier voices

Bwana 05-17-2009 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 5772809)
Hey Bwana, I saw pictures of the Cabela's store that went in up there. I thought the design was pretty lackluster compared to the other stores. It is supposed to be one of the "next generation" stores I think.

Sorry dude. It did look like they had some nice taxidermy in there though.

I haven't made it in there yet. Everytime I drive by, there are thousands of people hanging around. I'll wait until it slows down a bit.

Hammock Parties 05-17-2009 01:19 PM

I wonder if beasts can smell salmon eggs from far off?

Bwana 05-17-2009 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claythan (Post 5772824)
I wonder if beasts can smell salmon eggs from far off?

It depends on "the beast." I was watching a show last night on Discovery about grizzly bears and they were saying their sense of smell is 100 times greater than that of a human.

DeezNutz 05-17-2009 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 5772814)
You should pick up a book called the "Indian Creek Chronicles" by Pete Fromm. One of the best books I have ever read.

Winner of the Pacific Northwest Booksellers Association Book Award," Indian Creek Chronicles" is Pete Fromm's account of seven winter months spent alone in a tent in Idaho guarding salmon eggs and coming face to face with the blunt realities of life as a contemporary mountain man. A gripping story of adventure and a modern-day Walden, this contemporary classic established Fromm as one of the West's premier voices

Mr. Bwana, is this entirely your own writing? ;)

Bwana 05-17-2009 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 5772844)
Mr. Bwana, is this entirely your own writing? ;)

No sir, but everyone I have turned on to this book has loved it.

Hammock Parties 05-17-2009 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 5772837)
It depends on "the beast." I was watching a show last night on Discovery about grizzly bears and they were saying their sense of smell is 100 times greater than that of a human.

Damn! I would keep those eggs locked up in an airtight container.

DeezNutz 05-17-2009 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 5772848)
No sir, but everyone I have turned on to this book has loved it.

It does sound like an interesting read.

Might have to check it out when I get a chance.

Bwana 05-17-2009 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 5772853)
It does sound like an interesting read.

Might have to check it out when I get a chance.

Aww, score a copy off of Ebay for a few bucks, you'll thank me.

StcChief 05-17-2009 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RJ (Post 5772662)
It's probably hard to resist pissing in a geyser. Kinda like writing your name in the snow.

Not that I condone the practice, of course.

I guess these employee's didn't know about the Webcam..... dumb a$$es......

not like Employers need much of an excuse to fire any these days.

Bwana 05-17-2009 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StcChief (Post 5772876)
I guess these employee's didn't know about the Webcam..... dumb a$$es......

not like Employers need much of an excuse to fire any these days.

Heh

http://www.nps.gov/yell/photosmultim...wstonelive.htm

Tits McGee 05-17-2009 01:45 PM

Quote:

As an aside, I wonder if you could erect a spit over Old Faithful and put some bison chunks on there or something. Did ancient* Indians do this?

*joke

They don't lose their burst, like some Chiefs we know.

tmax63 05-17-2009 02:41 PM

Hey Bwana, don't be hating on buffalo Bill. I'll bet you don't like being disturbed doing your "constitutional" either.

BigOlChiefsfan 05-17-2009 02:46 PM

Quote:

Park workers fired after peeing in Old Faithful
How very you're-a-peein' of these rocket scientists. Now Old Faithful smells like a bus depot. Kick 'em out of Montana, they can move to Oakland and fit right in.

Bwana 05-17-2009 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmax63 (Post 5773056)
Hey Bwana, don't be hating on buffalo Bill. I'll bet you don't like being disturbed doing your "constitutional" either.

Heh, you're right, but he was "hangn out" for 5 minutes before he decided to do his duty. Bad Bison!

Delano 05-17-2009 03:23 PM

http://ohmygov.com/blogs/general_news/oldfaithful.jpg

I weaseled my way into the Xanterra employees only pub during my last trip to Yellowstone when I found the other options at midnight in Yellowstone to be quite boring.

After that experience, I could easily see 95% of the male population of Xanterra employees pissing in a geyser if they had a chance.

Bwana 05-17-2009 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delano (Post 5773203)

I weaseled my way into the Xanterra employees only pub during my last trip to Yellowstone when I found the other options at midnight in Yellowstone to be quite boring.

After that experience, I could easily see 95% of the male population of Xanterra employees pissing in a geyser if they had a chance.

Yep. You have every tree hugging granola crunching bunny hugger within 1200 miles working in the park.

bevischief 05-17-2009 07:05 PM

I thought that was a perk for working there...

JOhn 05-17-2009 07:09 PM

Quote:

Very lucky.

You have morons like this and people that think the Park is a giant petting zoo. Much to the horror of several tourists every year, bison are not only wild and have a nasty disposition, but can move very fast. ROFL

Hey It WASN'T ME!!!!

But there is a dumbass like that every year.
Speaking of which, the tourist are in full swing here in Cody...all heading to yellowstone

JOhn 05-17-2009 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 5772789)

I was drving my F250 V-10 Super Duty 3/4 ton with the deer smacker bumper and drove right up to them. All of them moved with the exception of a big bull. He just stood there with a dumbass bison look on his face three feet from the front of my truck.

Oh shit, tell me ain't so???
I watched a guy do that in Yellowstone 2 years ago....Bison got mad and gored his radiator Bison 1 Dodge Caravan 0 ROFLROFL

JOhn 05-17-2009 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claythan (Post 5772851)
Damn! I would keep those eggs locked up in an airtight container.

And at least 20ft up in the air. Griz's can reach pretty high, and an "airtight" container ain't shit to them.

Hammock Parties 05-17-2009 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JOhn (Post 5773445)
And at least 20ft up in the air. Griz's can reach pretty high, and an "airtight" container ain't shit to them.

The trick is to keep the grizzlies from smelling it. I don't want them anywhere near the eggs, where presumably I am also staying, you know?

JOhn 05-17-2009 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claythan (Post 5773446)
The trick is to keep the grizzlies from smelling it. I don't want them anywhere near the eggs, where presumably I am also staying, you know?

Griz's are know to co after food, that is in a cooler in a sealed up car. They CAN STILL smell it. A 1200lbs bear can really f up your car.

That's why you always store your food at least 50 yards from your camp hanging high in a tree, and NEVER EVER sleep in the clothes you cook or eat in, as they will smell the trace odors left on your clothes.

Hammock Parties 05-17-2009 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JOhn (Post 5773455)
Griz's are know to co after food, that is in a cooler in a sealed up car. They CAN STILL smell it.

Wow. Frightening.

Bwana 05-17-2009 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JOhn (Post 5773442)
Oh shit, tell me ain't so???
I watched a guy do that in Yellowstone 2 years ago....Bison got mad and gored his radiator Bison 1 Dodge Caravan 0 ROFLROFL

Trust me, I figured the nasty tempered hairy bastard might try that, but I not only have a heavy duty bumper on that rig, but it also has a full heavy duty grill guard. He may have taken a swing at that, but there was no way he could hit anything that would bring the truck down.

If the said tatonka would have taken a horn swing at my rig, he would have found out that a 3/4 ton with a V-10 has a lot more power. I would have just pushed his fat hairy ass off the road, given him the one finger salute and been on my way.

Iowanian 05-17-2009 08:18 PM

I'm not going to lie.....I can see why that was a tempting idea.

Hell, I'd like to pee off of the top 10 highest bridges in the world. I'd like to piss off of the top of the grand canyon. I pee'd in the snow on the top of Mary Jane Ski resort.....

If I was 20, working a summer job in Yellowstone, I can see how that seemed like a better idea than it turned out to be.

When they're 30, they'll be laughing with friends around a bonfire about the time they got fired from Yellowstone for pissing into old faithful.

Buehler445 05-17-2009 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 5772822)
I haven't made it in there yet. Everytime I drive by, there are thousands of people hanging around. I'll wait until it slows down a bit.

Good Christ. They have Grand Opening events through the 25th! :eek:

I hope the execs don't stay through all that. I need stuff from some of them!

Anyway, If nothing else, go in and check it out. The taxidermy in there really is something to see. It is pretty amazing. They also have some good stuff. A lot of it is overpriced, but their Private Label stuff is typically very good and affordable. Some people hate the place, others refuse to pay full price and bargain shop. It's not for everyone, but it ought to be a good store.

stumppy 05-17-2009 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 5773546)

Hell, I'd like to pee off of the top 10 highest bridges in the world. I'd like to piss off of the top of the grand canyon. I pee'd in the snow on the top of Mary Jane Ski resort.....

If I was 20, working a summer job in Yellowstone, I can see how that seemed like a better idea than it turned out to be.

When they're 30, they'll be laughing with friends around a bonfire about the time they got fired from Yellowstone for pissing into old faithful.

Thats what I was thinking.
Still waiting for a certain lawyer and one of the ex's to kick the bucket so I can piss on their graves.:D

Frazod 05-17-2009 09:42 PM

Quote:

Very lucky.

The allure of those big stinking bastards wore off after about five minutes on my first trip to the Black Hills. Honestly, if they had been hunted into extinction, I wouldn't miss them one damn bit.

Phobia 05-17-2009 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 5773546)

I agree.

JOhn 05-18-2009 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 5773505)
Trust me, I figured the nasty tempered hairy bastard might try that, but I not only have a heavy duty bumper on that rig, but it also has a full heavy duty grill guard. He may have taken a swing at that, but there was no way he could hit anything that would bring the truck down.

If the said tatonka would have taken a horn swing at my rig, he would have found out that a 3/4 ton with a V-10 has a lot more power. I would have just pushed his fat hairy ass off the road, given him the one finger salute and been on my way.

Hmmmmm

Sounds like a fun trip to Cooke City again. We can do your version of cow tipping.... Bison pushing with a 4x4ROFL