ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Son of a ****ing bitch (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=207841)

Bob Dole 05-18-2009 08:20 PM

Son of a ****ing bitch

Not 24 ****ing hours after finishing the benefit concert/auction/poker run/bike show for a fallen friend who was murdered by a careless driver while on his motorcycle, Bob Dole gets the phone call that he just lost another one to some careless bitch who ran a stop sign and slaughtered Bob Dole's friend, Heath.

RIP brother.

Bwana 05-18-2009 08:21 PM

Damn dude, sorry to hear that.

DeezNutz 05-18-2009 08:21 PM

I'm sorry, Bob Dole.

I hope your friends are in peace and that you're able to find yours amidst difficult times.

Delano 05-18-2009 08:22 PM

Sounds like a hell of a rough stretch, Bob Dole.

Good thoughts for Heath's family and friends.

****ing shitty drivers.

KcMizzou 05-18-2009 08:23 PM

Holy shit. Condolences, man... tough run.

Best wishes to both families.

petegz28 05-18-2009 08:23 PM

She was probably on the phone or texting

Sorry to hear it man...that is too bad

bevischief 05-18-2009 08:23 PM

WTF?

Buehler445 05-18-2009 08:23 PM

****, Bob Dole. That is rough.

Condolences.

FAX 05-18-2009 08:25 PM

Good Lord. I don't know what to say, Mr. Bob Dole. Condolences to and prayers for all affected - particularly you. I worry that these things come in threes. Take care. Jesus.

FAX

gblowfish 05-18-2009 08:25 PM

Sorry to hear that. Hard to lose a friend to a senseless accident.

luv 05-18-2009 08:28 PM

Sorry to hear it.

FAX 05-18-2009 08:28 PM

I am reminded once again that life is precious. A old and dear friend of mine and one of the finest guitarists I ever met in my life dropped dead from a massive coronary not long ago. Was preparing to go out for the evening and simply fell stone dead while getting dressed.

I have no idea why horrible things like this happen, but we need to count each and every day as the most important in our lives, Mr. Bob Dole. I'm sad for you, man.

FAX

Skip Towne 05-18-2009 08:31 PM

Sorry to hear this. Hang in there.

KCChiefsMan 05-18-2009 08:32 PM

man, I'm sorry to hear that. I hope that bitch gets what she deserves. IMO it needs to be a lot more difficult to get a drivers license. With all the careless people that drive I'm surprised I haven't been in a wreck in the 13 years I've been driving. knock on wood

Bob Dole 05-18-2009 08:32 PM

Oh, and Bob Dole is sitting alone in a hotel room 5 hours away from the remaining friends on the ****ing Shitty-ass Driver's Hit List because he has an all-day meeting he has to attend tomorrow morning at 8:30.

JOhn 05-18-2009 08:33 PM

Sorry to hear this Bob.

Does remind us, like others have said, that life is all to short.

pr_capone 05-18-2009 08:34 PM

Hey Bob, sorry to hear about your loss. Seems like this has been a bad 45 days for bikers everywhere. We lost 2 brothers in our Topeka chapter within the past 45 days... one hit by a driver and another hit by lightning coming back from the 100 mile run.

Keep your chin up and your eyes on the road. Asshole drivers seem to be everywhere.

Rain Man 05-18-2009 08:46 PM

That stinks. And probably for all parties, too. It'll ruin several lives.

I just had a project get delayed last week because one of the people involved was killed in a bicycle accident. We are indeed fragile creatures.

Phobia 05-18-2009 08:46 PM

It really sucks, dude. So sorry to hear it. But most the friends your age are going to start dropping like flies of natural causes any day now.

Bob Dole 05-18-2009 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 5775806)
It really sucks, dude. So sorry to hear it. But most the friends your age are going to start dropping like flies of natural causes any day now.

Heath was 31.

Bugeater 05-18-2009 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 5775732)

I don't doubt that one ****ing bit, I'm so ****ing sick of the idiots that are MORE GODDAMNED CONCERNED ABOUT THEIR ****ING PHONE CALL than WATCHING THE ****ING ROAD LIKE THEY SHOULD BE. Everyone of you mother****ers that do this shit have about frayed my last ****ing nerve.

Oh, and I am sorry for Bob Dole's loss.

Dayze 05-18-2009 08:53 PM

RIP Heath; and sorry for your loss Bob 'Damned' Dole.

hopefully he went out the same way he/we feel when riding the 'cycle; "Free".

How ever I check out, I want 'that' feelin when I do.

Phobia 05-18-2009 08:53 PM

Yeah, that was a shot at you. Poor timing.

I remember you talking about Heath. Who knows, I may have even met him while down there. It's awful news. I'm sure the whole town is heartbroken. RIP Heath.

cdcox 05-18-2009 08:53 PM

Wow, sucks. My condolences. It's really hard to lose a friend like that.

Mr. Flopnuts 05-18-2009 08:53 PM

Damn, Bob Dole. That's terrible. I'm sorry to hear it.

pr_capone 05-18-2009 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 5775828)
I don't doubt that one ****ing bit, I'm so ****ing sick of the idiots that are MORE GODDAMNED CONCERNED ABOUT THEIR ****ING PHONE CALL than WATCHING THE ****ING ROAD LIKE THEY SHOULD BE. Everyone of you mother****ers that do this shit have about frayed my last ****ing nerve.

Oh, and I am sorry for Bob Dole's loss.

I had a kid ****ing around with her phone start swerving into my lane a few weeks ago.

I kicked a ****ing dent in her door panel and get her attention real quick.

Skip Towne 05-18-2009 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 5775766)
Hey Bob, sorry to hear about your loss. Seems like this has been a bad 45 days for bikers everywhere. We lost 2 brothers in our Topeka chapter within the past 45 days... one hit by a driver and another hit by lightning coming back from the 100 mile run.

Keep your chin up and your eyes on the road. Asshole drivers seem to be everywhere.

Yes, asshole drivers are everywhere but bikes are really hard to see.

joesomebody 05-18-2009 08:56 PM

God bless. Know he died doing what he loved. My uncle has always told me that if he dies on his bike, know that he went the way he wanted and was happy.

It doesn't make these senseless deaths any easier though.

booger 05-18-2009 08:57 PM

RIP Heath

Don't know what to say Bob Dole. Sorry to hear about your friends.

Bob Dole 05-18-2009 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip Towne (Post 5775838)

How about stop signs?

Dayze 05-18-2009 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 5775836)
I had a kid ****ing around with his phone start swerving into my lane a few weeks ago.

I have done that on many occasions; typically when approaching a merging car on the hwy at the same speed etc; where you're in their blindspot and they juts 'come on over' w/out even looking.

Thankfully the sportbike has enough juice to romp it and pass; my other cruiser not so much so I had to use other means of 'notification' - boot to quarterpanel.

:shake:

pr_capone 05-18-2009 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip Towne (Post 5775838)

If my wife, who IMHO is not all that great of a driver, can avoid hitting a bike... so can most other people.

Too many people concerned with talking on the phone, sending text messages, playing around with their friends, or ****ing with the radio and not paying attention to the road.

I understand that accidents happen... but I would think that the majority of car vs motorcycle accidents could have been avoided. Not saying that bikers are always the innocent party mind you.

Bugeater 05-18-2009 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THISBobDole (Post 5775848)
How about stop signs?

Well...if one has their head in their ass they can be...:shrug:

Mr. Kotter 05-18-2009 09:52 PM

I really think the whole texting and cell phone thing is....making rear-ending and killing bikers a much more frequent accident-waiting-to-happen. What a bunch of shit....

I mean, those...."Hey, what you doin'?" and "Talkin' to you. Wassup?" Or "Hey hon, you need anything from the store?" and "Well...let me check. I know we need milk....and maybe toilet paper....cold medicine for Junior...and I know a couple of other things...hold on...."

Meanwhile, dickless is juggling a Big Gulp and a Bean Burrito from the Gas Stop (just to hold him over until dinner, ya know)....and that, combined with the cell call to "sweetie"....how can you blame him for plowing over the poor bastard on the bike?

What a bunch of fuggin' chit? RIP BobDole's friend....maybe getting a new bike isn't such a hot idea after all. Holy crap.

Condolences BobDole. This really sucks. :shake:

RJ 05-18-2009 10:15 PM

Bob Dole, sorry for loss and so sorry for your friend. That's way too young to go. As was mentioned, so many lives will be harmed by this tragic accident.

bishop_74 05-18-2009 10:17 PM

Sorry bro.

DaFace 05-18-2009 10:29 PM

**** man, sorry to hear that. :(

teedubya 05-18-2009 10:42 PM

Remember the good times and keep him in your memory... RIP

stevieray 05-18-2009 11:00 PM

Damn..RIP.

Just makes no sense.

Nzoner 05-18-2009 11:02 PM

Damn dude sorry to hear.

HemiEd 05-19-2009 03:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THISBobDole (Post 5775760)
Oh, and Bob Dole is sitting alone in a hotel room 5 hours away from the remaining friends on the ****ing Shitty-ass Driver's Hit List because he has an all-day meeting he has to attend tomorrow morning at 8:30.

Hang tough Bob, sorry to hear of this tremendous loss.

Coach 05-19-2009 04:42 AM

Sorry to hear Bob.

R8RFAN 05-19-2009 04:47 AM

this is exactly the type of thread that has convinced me to sell mine... I am sorry you lost a friend

http://greensboro.craigslist.org/mcy/1177523139.html

Pioli Zombie 05-19-2009 04:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 5775836)
I had a kid ****ing around with her phone start swerving into my lane a few weeks ago.

Ok, this is driving me crazy. If you are both driving how did you kick her car?
Posted via Mobile Device

Kerberos 05-19-2009 06:45 AM

Careless gawd damned drivers. :shake: "I didn't see them" is NOT an excuse. It's an admission that I wasn't paying attention to the Friggin road.

Riding motorcycles as a kid I have respect for anyone that rides on on the street. I look both ways twice or three times to make sure I didn't miss something.

Sorry for the loss Bob. Losing a friend is always hard ..... Losing them to an accident because of a careless driver just plain sucks ass.

My condolences.

CoMoChief 05-19-2009 07:06 AM

Sorry to hear that. Women really shouldnt be allowed behind a wheel of a car. I dont know of one woman driver thats even remotely good. Even though some will say "I'm an excellent driver" ........uhh no bitch....you're not.

pr_capone 05-19-2009 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pioli Zombie (Post 5776196)
Ok, this is driving me crazy. If you are both driving how did you kick her car?
Posted via Mobile Device

I was on a motorcycle.

Lzen 05-19-2009 07:25 AM

That sucks, Senator. We will keep your friend in our thoughts and prayers. Kind of scary for me since I just started riding a few weeks ago. I am very cautious and weary of idiot drivers. They are everywhere.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Kotter (Post 5775964)
...maybe getting a new bike isn't such a hot idea after all....

I wouldn't go that far. Just try to be more vigilant.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 5776250)
Sorry to hear that. Women really shouldnt be allowed behind a wheel of a car. I dont know of one woman driver thats even remotely good. Even though some will say "I'm an excellent driver" ........uhh no bitch....you're not.

You are reeruned.

Donger 05-19-2009 07:26 AM

Horrible. I now wear a helmet when I ride after years of not. I hate it, but I hate it less than not seeing my kids grow up.

seclark 05-19-2009 08:26 AM

bad deal...i had a close call last weekend. jerkoff in front of me decides to pull in the "exit only" drive w/o using any signal. then he stopped completely w/his ass end out in the road. i swerved around him, but mrs.sec sad her knee came within a couple inches of his suv.

thoughts and prayers for those involved, mr. dole.
sec

Iowanian 05-19-2009 08:28 AM

Sorry to hear it.

kindra68 05-19-2009 08:38 AM

R.I.P. Heath

Please people! Stop talking on your cell phones! It can wait. Stop fooling around with the radio; the song will be off in less than 2 minutes. Your hair and makeup look fine! You can bump all the knuckles you want with your “Boy” when you get to wherever you are going. The fry you “lost” can be found when you stop at your destination, or hell just take a damn minute and eat at Burger King! Give the kids a ziplock of cheerios, cleaning the car is a hell of a lot easier to clean up than the lives of the loves ones of that person you just killed, all because you were too damn busy to pay attention to the damn road!
We are all responsible for our own actions on the road and “I did not see anything” is NOT an excuse!!
For your carelessness you have taken away a father, a brother, a son, a boyfriend, a friend and so much more than you will ever know, or much less think about.
I hope your life is filled with many sleepless nights of tossing and turning and weeping.
May your god have mercy on your soul. Because I know I wouldn’t.

Frazod 05-19-2009 08:47 AM

My condolances, Scott. That's terrible. :(

Katipan 05-19-2009 08:53 AM

Such a waste.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 5776250)

I'm an excellent driver.

ct 05-19-2009 08:57 AM

Damnit man, very sorry for the loss of your friends. Even more sorry for all the f-in idiots out there we all have to deal with.

ct

raybec 4 05-19-2009 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katipan (Post 5776403)
Such a waste.

I'm an excellent driver.

Like, Rainman style?

Katipan 05-19-2009 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raybec 4 (Post 5776416)
Like, Rainman style?

Tiger woods or Kyle Bush has nothing on me.

Rainman could kick my ass.

Jilly 05-19-2009 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katipan (Post 5776403)
Such a waste.

I'm an excellent driver.

I missed you yesterday

Katipan 05-19-2009 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jilly (Post 5776421)
I missed you yesterday

I had a day. You would have been very helpful.

I did have to wait for the Patriot Riders on Sunday. I remember thinking how beautiful all 200+ bikes were. Now I feel bad because I didn't even wonder who they were riding for.

Demonpenz 05-19-2009 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kindra68 (Post 5776374)
Please people! Stop talking on your cell phones! It can wait. Stop fooling around with the radio; the song will be off in less than 2 minutes. Your hair and makeup look fine! You can bump all the knuckles you want with your “Boy” when you get to wherever you are going. The fry you “lost” can be found when you stop at your destination, or hell just take a damn minute and eat at Burger King! Give the kids a ziplock of cheerios, cleaning the car is a hell of a lot easier to clean up than the lives of the loves ones of that person you just killed, all because you were too damn busy to pay attention to the damn road!
We are all responsible for our own actions on the road and “I did not see anything” is NOT an excuse!!
For your carelessness you have taken away a father, a brother, a son, a boyfriend, a friend and so much more than you will ever know, or much less think about.
I hope your life is filled with many sleepless nights of tossing and turning and weeping.

actually for people who work out of their car it can't wait but whatever meh

Brock 05-19-2009 09:23 AM

Sorry, that happened to my dad.

patteeu 05-19-2009 09:57 AM

That sucks. Sorry to hear it, Bob Dole.

Mr. Kotter 05-19-2009 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 5776460)

Actually, it can wait....Demon; they can pull the fugg over. People worked "out of their cars" before they started killing people because they were distracted by their cell phones.

kindra68 05-19-2009 10:02 AM

So the five minutes that it takes you to inhale a greasy burger is more important than the life of a person? A friend, a father, a brother, a boyfriend? Nobody thinks of these things. But when you put it like that, it puts a different light on it, don’t you think? I’m not saying that I have never done it before. I’ll admit it, I have, and I never even thought about it. Hell I was one of the worst about going thru the drive-thru and snatching out the hot fries before I ever left the parking lot. I’m a bad person and I’ll admit it. One eye on the prize and one on the road.
I guess I’m still trying to wrap my head around all of it. I’m sorry to come off like a bitch. Quitting time is going to be a bit harder today. Heath worked a few blocks down from my shop and I wave whenever I see him outside. This weekend will be a bit harder because I know, for a fact, I will not see his smiling face. And it breaks my heart.

Demonpenz 05-19-2009 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Kotter (Post 5776630)
Actually, it can wait....Demon; they can pull the fugg over. People worked "out of their cars" before they started killing people because they were distracted by their cell phones.

Well this isn't the thread to argue, but you want people to drop their productivity in the way this economy is going? riiiiiiiight, good luck

Demonpenz 05-19-2009 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 5776642)
Well this isn't the thread to argue, but you want people to drop their productivity in the way this economy is going? riiiiiiiight, good luck

btw you can't pull over in chicago

Mr. Kotter 05-19-2009 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 5776650)
btw you can't pull over in chicago

LMAO

You got me there. Heh.

FishingRod 05-19-2009 10:33 AM

That Sucks Bob. Sorry man.

Buzz 05-19-2009 10:45 AM

RIP. Sorry BobDole

R8RFAN 05-19-2009 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kindra68 (Post 5776374)

I pull double trailers for FEDEX and you would not believe the number of people who pass me a day texting, going off the pavement, swerving... most of the time it's young women with a carseat in the back with a kid in it or empty...

Wonder is that msg is important enough to risk killing your kid or yourself and not coming home to that kid who needs her ever again?

1ChiefsDan 05-19-2009 12:30 PM

RIP Heath - sorry for your friend BobDole. It is rough out there. I had an asshole come out of a side street across 3 lane into my lane on Thursday. Then the prick had the nerve to flip me off.

Bob Dole 05-19-2009 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 5776270)
Horrible. I now wear a helmet when I ride after years of not. I hate it, but I hate it less than not seeing my kids grow up.

Which brings to light the wonderful media bias.

The newspaper article makes specific mention of his lack of helmet, but fails to mention that a helmet wouldn't have prevented the broken neck that lead to his death.

Simply Red 05-19-2009 08:33 PM

sorry, man. very... :(

Gracie Dean 05-19-2009 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 5775732)

Sorry to hear it man...that is too bad

yea, cause all us women text and drive at the same time

Mr. Kotter 05-19-2009 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noswad (Post 5778623)
yea, cause all us women text and drive at the same time

Not trying to start anything, but from my personal observations....texting seems to be more popular with the penis-less of the general population.

I'm just sayin'..... :shrug:

:hmmm:

Mr. Kotter 05-19-2009 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THISBobDole (Post 5778537)
Which brings to light the wonderful media bias.

The newspaper article makes specific mention of his lack of helmet, but fails to mention that a helmet wouldn't have prevented the broken neck that lead to his death.

Understood, Scott. Please tell me, though....you ARE aware of the very clear and unmistakeable "advantage" of riding with a helmet, as opposed to not riding with one. The stats, in this case, don't lie....

Although, I agree...in the egregious cases you've "witnessed" the last few weeks...it wouldn't have mattered.....

pr_capone 05-19-2009 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Kotter (Post 5778919)
Understood, Scott. Please tell me, though....you ARE aware of the very clear and unmistakeable "advantage" of riding with a helmet, as opposed to not riding with one. The stats, in this case, don't lie....

Although, I agree...in the egregious cases you've "witnessed" the last few weeks...it wouldn't have mattered.....

I ride without a helmet.

I would rather check out than burden my wife with a drooling mess that she is forced to take care of for the rest of my "life".

She knows this and understands it.

In fact, she will start riding this summer and the same goes for her.

Bugeater 05-19-2009 10:59 PM

On the flip side, some motorcyclists are dumbasses. Just tonight as I was driving home, one was entering the freeway, and I was going to get off at the next exit. I saw him back there and turned on my signal to get in the right lane while he was well behind me, luckily I waited to see what he was going to do before I got over, because instead of allowing me to get over and jumping into the traffic lanes behind me, the idiot decided to blow by me on the right and then jump lanes. That's the kind of stupidity that also gets people killed.

Mr. Kotter 05-19-2009 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 5778928)
I ride without a helmet.

I would rather check out than burden my wife with a drooling mess that she is forced to take care of for the rest of my "life".

She knows this and understands it.

In fact, she will start riding this summer and the same goes for her.

I know the ABATE arguments....very well. I understand, we are all endowed with free will.

I will not begrudge you for your choice, brother pr_capone; but, please, don't begrudge me for mine....

FWIW, I salute/greet all bikers...not just the helmeted ones I meet on the road. :thumb:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 5778933)
On the flip side, some motorcyclists are dumbasses. Just tonight as I was driving home, one was entering the freeway, and I was going to get off at the next exit. I saw him back there and turned on my signal to get in the right lane while he was well behind me, luckily I waited to see what he was going to do before I got over, because instead of allowing me to get over and jumping into the traffic lanes behind me, the idiot decided to blow by me on the right and then jump lanes. That's the kind of stupidity that also gets people killed.

And, unfortunately, it's the kind of stupidity that gives all bikers....a bad "name" with many people.

OTOH, I'd be willing to bet the average age of such bikers is 25 years or less; the "seasoned" riders and vets....we'll happily give you access to your lane, as we swap lanes with you.

:thumb:

Pioli Zombie 05-20-2009 04:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 5776460)

Oh no you didn't.
Posted via Mobile Device