ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Liam Neeson in talks for 'A-Team' (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=208776)

Hammock Parties 06-09-2009 08:42 AM

Liam Neeson in talks for 'A-Team'

Mood: Excited

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...goryid=13&cs=1

Liam Neeson is in negotiations with 20th Century Fox to star in its long-gestating bigscreen adaptation of "The A-Team" as Col. John "Hannibal" Smith. Bradley Cooper is in early talks to play Lt. Templeton "Faceman" Peck in the Joe Carnahan-directed pic based on the 1980s TV series.

Production begins in late August for a June 11, 2010, release.

Ridley Scott is producing with Jules Daly and series creator Stephen J. Cannell, with Tony Scott exec producing through Scott Free. Carnahan and Brian Bloom polished a script by Skip Woods, whose recent script credits include "G.I. Joe: The Rise of the Cobra" and "Wolverine."

Neeson is in talks to play Hannibal, the role originated by George Peppard, while Cooper would play "Faceman," the role played by Dirk Benedict.

Neeson and Fox are working out money issues. He is coming off the global hit "Taken" and most recently completed "Chloe" and "Clash of the Titans," playing Zeus in the latter.

Cooper has established himself as a commodity after his starring role in Todd Phillips-directed hit "The Hangover." He just completed playing the title role opposite Sandra Bullock in "All About Steve."

Carnahan, Fox and Scott Free have kept the series premise -- four war vets wrongly convicted of armed robbery escape from a military prison to become do-gooder mercenaries -- but they've replaced the campy nature of the series with a tone closer to those of "Mission: Impossible" and "Ocean's Eleven."

Still to be cast are the roles of Capt. "Howling Mad" Murdock, played by Dwight Schultz in the original, and Sgt. "B.A." Baracus, the role that made Mr. T an '80s icon.

Hammock Parties 06-09-2009 08:44 AM

Quote:

Bradley Cooper is in early talks to play Lt. Templeton "Faceman" Peck
This is an excellent bit of casting.

Quote:

Neeson...recently completed..."Clash of the Titans," playing Zeus in the latter.
HOLY SHIT I HAVE WANTED TO SEE THIS RE-MADE FOR YEARS!!!

Frazod 06-09-2009 09:20 AM

I wonder if the bad guys will actually get killed in this movie, or if we'll see them walking away dazed and confused from the flaming wreckage of a truck that exploded and cartwheeled through the air six times before landing at the bottom of a cliff?

Perhaps they can cast Will Ferrell in the Mr. T role.

:shake:

Sully 06-09-2009 09:50 AM

How is Michael Clarke Duncan not a shoo in for B.A.?

Lzen 06-09-2009 10:00 AM

Sweet!!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yrK0rZj6pes&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yrK0rZj6pes&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Deberg_1990 06-09-2009 10:08 AM

Well, Neeson does have a "very particular set of skills" "skills he has acquired over a very long career."

Skills that make him a nightmare for people like you. If he gets this part that'll be the end of it. He will not look for you, he will not pursue you. But if he doesnt, he will look for you, he will find you, and he will kill you.

Fish 06-09-2009 10:11 AM

I wonder if the bad guys will improve their aim....

blaise 06-09-2009 10:37 AM

Steve Zahn should be Mad Dog

Demonpenz 06-09-2009 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sully (Post 5826968)
How is Michael Clarke Duncan not a shoo in for B.A.?

pffft VING RHAMES

Deberg_1990 06-09-2009 10:42 AM

Will this be set back in the 80's?

Or will they update it to modern day and make them Desert Storm/Iraqi Freedom vets?

blaise 06-09-2009 10:44 AM

Wasn't there a chick in some of the episodes too?

Deberg_1990 06-09-2009 10:46 AM

I like the idea of Carnahan directing. He will make it gritty and real. None of that spoofing/comedy stuff like "Land of the Lost"

Hammock Parties 06-09-2009 10:46 AM

The only thing I care about is a montage with the A-Team building a superweapon out of odds and ends.

Tribal Warfare 06-09-2009 11:09 AM

Carnahan and Brian Bloom polished a script by Skip Woods, whose recent script credits include "G.I. Joe: The Rise of the Cobra" and "Wolverine."

EPIC FAIL!

jjjayb 06-09-2009 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 5827027)
Well, Neeson does have a "very particular set of skills" "skills he has acquired over a very long career."

Skills that make him a nightmare for people like you. If he gets this part that'll be the end of it. He will not look for you, he will not pursue you. But if he doesnt, he will look for you, he will find you, and he will kill you.

I just watched this last night. Good flick.

blaise 06-09-2009 11:25 AM

The Magum PI and Simon & Simon movies are sure to follow.

007 06-09-2009 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 5827199)

LMAO

Damnit, I would probably watch those too.

Pitt Gorilla 06-09-2009 01:13 PM

Couldn't Mr. T. revive his BA character? Dude always drank milk and had to be hit over the head to fly. Great stuff.

Mr. Flopnuts 06-09-2009 01:19 PM

All I know is that dude was awesome in Taken.

the Talking Can 06-09-2009 01:25 PM

you can't improve on the original cast.....seems like a bad choice for a remake

007 06-09-2009 01:44 PM

I would rather see Mel Gibson in the role of Hannibal though. I can't see Neeson holding a cigar and saying "I love it when a plan comes together."

Tribal Warfare 06-09-2009 01:50 PM

Quote:

Actually Magnum P.I.has been greenlit for a movie

blaise 06-09-2009 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 5827602)
Actually Magnum P.I.has been greenlit for a movie

Let me guess, Will Farrell. Sasha Baron Cohen as Higgins, Tracey Morgan as TC, and Paul Rudd as Rick.

Special appearance by Mike Meyers as Agatha.

007 06-09-2009 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 5827608)
Let me guess, Will Farrell. Sasha Baron Cohen as Higgins, Tracey Morgan as TC, and Paul Rudd as Rick.

Damn, when you go all out you really go all out.LMAO

Tribal Warfare 06-09-2009 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 5827608)

Nope, Selleck apparently might reprise the role with a new cast.

blaise 06-09-2009 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 5827620)

Let's hope he bought some longer shorts.

Lzen 06-09-2009 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 5827083)
pffft VING RHAMES

Actually, that's a better choice. He seems to be more angry (like B.A. Baracus) than Duncan.

Lzen 06-09-2009 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 5827152)
Carnahan and Brian Bloom polished a script by Skip Woods, whose recent script credits include "G.I. Joe: The Rise of the Cobra" and "Wolverine."

EPIC FAIL!

Wait, GI Joe is out already? If not, how have you seen it to pass judgment?

Lzen 06-09-2009 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 5827531)
All I know is that dude was awesome in Taken.

Yes. Just watched that the other night. :thumb:

KCChiefsMan 06-09-2009 02:25 PM

sweet! I just want to see a VW bug and a few pieces of scrap metal built into a tank!

Lzen 06-09-2009 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 5827620)

The guy is still a good actor, IMO. He does those Jesse Stone movies. CBS just aired a brand new one a couple months ago.

Baby Lee 06-09-2009 02:30 PM

http://www.avclub.com/articles/full-...e-movie,28981/

Miles 06-09-2009 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 5827703)
The guy is still a good actor, IMO. He does those Jesse Stone movies. CBS just aired a brand new one a couple months ago.

I have been renting them from netflix recently and he does a great job.

007 06-09-2009 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 5827676)
Let's hope he bought some longer shorts.

Hell, just watch old basketball footage from the 80's. Those athletes must be embarrassed as hell.

Tribal Warfare 06-09-2009 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 5827683)

Have you seen Wolverine, not too promising expectations on his follwing work for his next movie.

Tribal Warfare 06-09-2009 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 5827703)

If it wasn't for the scheduling conflict with the show he would of been Indiana Jones.

Frazod 06-09-2009 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 5827683)

To be fair, the trailer I saw was reeruned enough to make an entire theater full of people burst out laughing. And not in a way the film makers would appreciate.

Adept Havelock 06-09-2009 05:32 PM

Quote:

I'm holding out for a Riptide feature film. Maybe BJ and the Bear too.

Miles 06-09-2009 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 5828158)
To be fair, the trailer I saw was reeruned enough to make an entire theater full of people burst out laughing. And not in a way the film makers would appreciate.

That was the exact reaction of the crowd when I saw the trailer before Star Trek. It started with a few chuckles and ended up with all out laughter by the time the title was shown.

Frankie 06-09-2009 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 5827587)
I would rather see Mel Gibson in the role of Hannibal though. I can't see Neeson holding a cigar and saying "I love it when a plan comes together."

I like Neeson and don't care much for Gibson. But you are right. He'd be a better fit for the role.

Frankie 06-09-2009 08:47 PM

Quote:

Mannix.

On 2nd thought, who could top Mike Connors for that role?

007 06-09-2009 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adept Havelock (Post 5828192)
I'm holding out for a Riptide feature film. Maybe BJ and the Bear too.

Riptide would totally ROCK!!!LMAO

Hammock Parties 06-10-2010 10:08 PM

Clocking in at 50 percent.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/a_team/

Even the bad reviews sound promising.

Quote:

A lot of loud, cluttered chaos without any sense of caring how to control it.

Quote:

The A-Team is really no better or worse than a whole bunch of other steroid studio-built extravaganzas, but the cumulative effect of these stunts-aplenty window-crashing-fireball-exploding-freeway-chasing-rocket-launching shoot-outs is numbing.

Quote:

The film’s featherweight tone and self-conscious excess would be a lot more palatable if everyone didn’t seem so insufferably pleased with themselves. The film acts as if it’s won the race before the starting gun has even been fired.

DBOSHO 06-11-2010 02:27 AM

Saw it, thought it was pretty good. I never saw the tv show

liam as always did a fantastic job
cooper did very fine as well, he has a good swag about him
rampage did well, he was a tad more soft than i expected
the other guy(dude from district 6) was really good. Very good performace by him.

Plenty of action, with some comedy. Just overall badassness

id give it 8/10 stars, but thats just me. Worth the admission

007 06-11-2010 02:41 AM

Did anyone actually get shot?

Hammock Parties 06-11-2010 02:46 AM

Brilliant.

Quote:

First things first: there are some Mad Men showing up in films nowadays.

Second: there is no plot to this movie. What plot there is doesn't appear to matter to anyone at any time, because it just creates gigantic excuses for setpieces on top of setpieces.

Third: god bless it for it. This is the funnest movie of the summer so far, and has a good chance of sticking there until August. Everything is batshit insane. And I mean batshit. The whole setup is weird - the movie starts with Hannibal and Face already working for the Army, Hannibal tries to take B.A.'s van en route to saving Face from being killed by a Mexican drug lord, they save Face and the drug lord's wife (whom Face had slept with), get to a hospital, pick up Murdock, B.A. develops a fear of flying when Murdock's avoidance of heat-seeking missiles ends up launching him out the side of the helicopter, and, well, the entire point of the helicopter bit? To bring the drug lord across the border so that it would invade American airspace, thus causing an American jet to fire at it and blow it up. BAM. TITLE. This is a Joe Carnahan movie through and through. The movie just goes to insane levels from that point on, literally filling every bit of time between the next gunfight/explosion/chase/fistfight/mexican standoff/rampage/cooking session with about seven thousand jokes. Everyone's mugging for the camera. It feels so much like someone gave Joe Carnahan way too much money and said "try to make a franchise out of a TV show and make it look like Smokin' Aces." And he went off and did it. There's like five minutes of downtime where it gets serious (smartly this scene legit spends four minutes on Liam Neeson's face, since he's the only one who can pull it off), like an hour into the movie. Then it's back to wackadoo insanity cuckoo bird explosion slapstick gunfight bodyslam smirk. The movie's relentless. It wears you down. It works about as well as The Losers, and is about as deep. It's a compliment. This is the funnest thing to arrive in theaters since Kick-rear end.

Will it hold together on a second viewing? gently caress no. But neither has anything else this summer (maybe MacGruber, maybe Get Him to The Greek). Most haven't held up to one viewing. This one, thankfully, does.

Deberg_1990 06-11-2010 05:42 AM

From thr director of blood, guts, bullets and octane and smokin aces! I wouldn't expect anything less...
Posted via Mobile Device

Hammock Parties 06-11-2010 12:07 PM

I watched an episode of the A-Team last night...something about them taking out a beer company that was trying to strong-arm a little soda factory so they could buy the land.

It was wonderfully awful.

Deberg_1990 06-11-2010 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs (Post 6814514)
I watched an episode of the A-Team last night...something about them taking out a beer company that was trying to strong-arm a little soda factory so they could buy the land.

It was wonderfully awful.

Yea.....its pretty bad. Pretty much every episode was the same.
Posted via Mobile Device

DBOSHO 06-11-2010 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 6813798)
Did anyone actually get shot?

Of course. Plenty of bullets

Hammock Parties 06-11-2010 05:37 PM

YES!

Quote:

This is a good deal of fun. It's honest to the original material but fun enough that it really does feel like a movie and not just a slightly upsized episode might be for a show on Fox. I will say that it goes a bit too far in the finale, but other than that it's a more than worthy remake.

The cast is roundly excellent. Neeson still sounds like Neeson but he seems comfortable and the grey hair ties the character together. Cooper is a good Face and the script does him favors to build the character so that was fun. BA gets the most "character" development in the movie, which is probably for the best so that it wasn't two hours of someone trying to ape Mr. T's mannerisms and quips. He gets that stuff in and it's fun, but he's given a little here and there to say so it helps. I didn't even know that District 9's Copely was going to be Murdoch so that was a pleasant surprise. They actually let him have his accent or to do other accents a few times so I can't say how well he actually does as an American but regardless Murdoch and BA had good moments and Murdoch alone was the source of much audience laughter.

The plot is a little scattered but workable. I really liked that they showed several phases of the team rather than go the Mission Impossible route of showing just one operation. You get a feel for them before they formed up, after they were comfortable, and after they're on the run. It gives a nice broad basis so you aren't just supposed to accept any camaraderie or history. They also stayed true to the MacGyvering basis of the series several times, which I felt helped make it, as a film, stand apart from just being any other action setpiece movie. You don't get a lot of movies where they cobble something together like this, so it gave it character.

The action is over the top but the only time I slightly taken out of it was during the finale where it got a little too much "running from a greenscreen threat that will never harm them". Outside of that it was silly but okay. There is some shakeycam for those that are sensitive to that but the film is also paced well enough so it wasn't overwhelming and they did a fair job of establishing what was going on to help people follow along. Sit a few rows further back and I think you'll be fine.

If I had some issues, it was that their plans were extremely precarious and several times rely on people doing Bond villain talking before shooting or to shoot in particular locations. The big CG ending was perhaps too much and there are a couple of punchlines or alternate takes used in the trailers that felt missing in the film.

Oh, and stay to the end for a scene after the credits roll.

Hammock Parties 06-12-2010 01:39 AM

Pretty much better than any A-Team episode ever.

****ing. Awesome.

Stay after the credits. :)

Hammock Parties 06-12-2010 01:42 AM

Hannibal's intro is just about the coolest intro for a badass I think I've ever seen. It was just so ****ing slick.

I'm hoping there are more A-Team movies. These guys could be better than the original A-Team.

By the way, lots and lots of little uses of the A-Team theme. I was a little disappointed we didn't get the full blown movement until the credits, though.

Also, it was so funny to see Hannibal using an AK-47 that looked like it popped right out of the TV show. :)

DBOSHO 06-12-2010 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs (Post 6816061)
Hannibal's intro is just about the coolest intro for a badass I think I've ever seen. It was just so ****ing slick.

I'm hoping there are more A-Team movies. These guys could be better than the original A-Team.

By the way, lots and lots of little uses of the A-Team theme. I was a little disappointed we didn't get the full blown movement until the credits, though.

Also, it was so funny to see Hannibal using an AK-47 that looked like it popped right out of the TV show. :)

i really liked the 3d movie with the hummer.
And there isnt even a word to describe how badass the scene with the falling tank was.

Hammock Parties 06-12-2010 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DBOSHO (Post 6816064)
i really liked the 3d movie with the hummer.
And there isnt even a word to describe how badass the scene with the falling tank was.

I just about lost my shit when Hannibal started firing shells to "fly" the tank. ROFL

The hummer breakout was cool....not only because the movie played the A-Team theme, but "Reginald Barclay" was in the credits.

By the way, there are several breakout scenes in this movie, and they all rock.

007 06-12-2010 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs (Post 6816066)
I just about lost my shit when Hannibal started firing shells to "fly" the tank. ROFL

The hummer breakout was cool....not only because the movie played the A-Team theme, but "Reginald Barclay" was in the credits.

By the way, there are several breakout scenes in this movie, and they all rock.

Thats great!!!!

Hammock Parties 06-12-2010 02:12 AM

By the way, I wanted to shoot the screen during the stupid Twilight movie preview. Ugh.

Fairplay 06-12-2010 04:19 AM

Liam's career is in utter failure when it comes to acting in these roles. You know the film would be the suckage.

Deberg_1990 06-12-2010 12:50 PM

Funny how neeson has reinvented himself as an action star.
Posted via Mobile Device

Frankie 06-12-2010 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairplay (Post 6816148)
Liam's career is in utter failure when it comes to acting in these roles. You know the film would be the suckage.

I was a big fan of George Peppard. But I hated the A-Team. However the purist in me thinks Liam is totally miscast as Hannibal here. I heard they originally wanted Bruce Willis. That would have been a much better choice for this role.

BWillie 06-12-2010 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 5827027)

Rep!

DBOSHO 06-12-2010 02:14 PM

Ive never seen the a-team so i cant compare neeson and the original actor, but i loved neesons hannibal. Jmo.

Hammock Parties 06-12-2010 03:49 PM

Neeson was OK as Hannibal. I wish he had been a little more smooth and witty like Peppard but it didn't really detract from the movie.

Deberg_1990 06-12-2010 03:53 PM

I liked it a lot. its basically an origin story of the tv show opening. The casting is what sells it. Everyone was note pefect in this. I liked the bad guys patrick wilson and old 80's teen hearthrob brian bloom a lot as well. Both were very good.

The action was silly and stupid, but so was the tv show. Its a solid guys night out
Posted via Mobile Device

Hammock Parties 06-12-2010 04:02 PM

Dumb reviews like this are popping up all over the place.

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE65903I20100610

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Beginning with the sound era, studios and films producers have longed for a way to eliminate the screenwriter from the filmmaking process.

By and large, writers are prickly personalities who absorb too much time, demand too much credit and need to be kept clear of the set, where they might interfere with the director, who is, after all, the real auteur of the film.

With "The A-Team," a Fox film derived from a 1980s TV series, this dream now is a reality. The film seems nearly writer-free. Absolutely no time gets wasted on story, character development or logic. The film lurches from one action sequence to another, with little connection between the scenes.

The characters move directly from small to big screen with new actors, of course, but little else changed including their famous catchphrases. So the screenwriting as such has been reduced to storyboards, stunt rigging and visual effects. Of the three writers receiving credit, one is the director, action maven Joe Carnahan ("Smokin' Aces"), and the other is one of the film's actors, Brian Bloom.

Carnahan's reputation among young men for delivering action will mean more than any association with a 25-year-old TV series. So "A-Team" could open on Friday with a weekend box office haul of more than $30 million.

The story's four Special Forces soldiers meet in an inexplicable series of shootouts in Sonora, Mexico. These are Liam Neeson in the George Peppard role of the cocky, cigar-chomping team leader "Hannibal" Smith; Bradley Cooper as "Face" Peck, a man efficient at illicit requisitions when not baring his chest like a male model; pro martial artist Quinton "Rampage" Jackson as Mr. T -- sorry, B.A. Baracus, the team's driver and muscle -- and "District 9's" amazing Sharlto Copley as a mentally unstable pilot.

The quartet seems to operate free of any military oversight through Iraq, Germany, Switzerland, Lake Tahoe and the Long Beach Harbor. At some point, a false crime is hung on the four so they can go "rogue," which fits the concept behind the Stephen J. Cannell/Frank Lupo TV series. But disconnection from the U.S. military has no apparent impact on supply lines, support personnel or logistical capabilities. Good thing, too, for that would require a writer to figure out where all this backup comes from.

Various people are on the A-Team's tail, including Jessica Biel, who as Face's former flame gives the film its only female sex appeal; Patrick Wilson as an apparently rogue CIA officer; and Bloom, a mysterious military contractor.

All the actors can do amid the explosions and stunts is to develop a comic banter among themselves that isn't about anything other than how unconcerned everyone is over these supposedly life-and-death situations. Because for all the firepower in any sequence, none of the heroes gets more than a bump on the head or clothes that need cleaning. Yes, a writer would only gum things up with suspense and character.

KcMizzou 06-12-2010 05:02 PM

So how was Rampage as BA?

pr_capone 06-12-2010 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 6816938)

Dunno, dun care.

I only wish he had expired attempting to perform a stunt.

F Hollywood for raping my childhood yet again.

F Rampage for being a baby killing thug asshole that should never have had the opportunity to continue his fighting career much less make millions with this movie.

I refuse to spend my money on this film. Too bad too... I enjoy most everything Liam does.

Hammock Parties 06-12-2010 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 6816938)

Pretty good, they actually give him a decent little character arc. He has some badass parts and they really played up the "BA is a pussy who doesn't like to fly" thing. In fact we learn WHY he hates flying.

Deberg_1990 06-12-2010 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs (Post 6816971)
Pretty good, they actually give him a decent little character arc. He has some badass parts and they really played up the "BA is a pussy who doesn't like to fly" thing. In fact we learn WHY he hates flying.

This...I actually thought he did a good job..as I mentioned before...they all did. Its the movies strength. They cast solid actors who are really above the material...but they rise above.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hammock Parties 06-12-2010 05:38 PM

By the way, I just love everything Murdock in this movie.

Bust a gut laughing at "you spin me right round baby right round" and the part about the 3D movie being so realistic, it felt like they were firing real bullets at them.

I need to see it again because the movie goes SO FAST I'm sure I missed some of it.

Deberg_1990 06-12-2010 05:41 PM

Carnahan only made one mistake.. no scenes with jessica biel in a bikini...
Posted via Mobile Device

kcxiv 06-12-2010 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 6816957)
Dunno, dun care.

F Rampage for being a baby killing thug asshole that should never have had the opportunity to continue his fighting career much less make millions with this movie.

I refuse to spend my money on this film. Too bad too... I enjoy most everything Liam does.

dude he asked how he was in the movie, not some gripe you have about him.

Anyways, i heard this movie is pretty damned good and jackson was pretty awesome. I need to check it out asap.

Chieficus 06-12-2010 06:58 PM

The movie is what its supposed to be... it's not supposed to be great character or a life-changing plot...

It is a revenge flick/comedy with a lot of boom, and it pulls it off very very well.

The actors are great for their parts (my only complaint w/ Neeson is that he sounds too much like Neeson, but hey... what can you do?), and even the dumb dialogue fits b/c it is meant to fit.

Very good summer action flick...

Gravedigger 06-12-2010 07:21 PM

I don't know how I felt after this movie, it was so rediculous that I couldnt take it seriously. Half the time I couldnt understand the jokes cause they came too fast or they were lost in the sound. Personally its worth a rent but I won't buy it when it comes out. Entertaining summer movie which is what I expected.

Hammock Parties 06-12-2010 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 6817155)
I don't know how I felt after this movie, it was so rediculous that I couldnt take it seriously.

That's the A-Team. :)

Deberg_1990 06-12-2010 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 6817155)
I don't know how I felt after this movie, it was so rediculous that I couldnt take it seriously.

That's the tv show. Go back and watch an episode. Its all done for laughs. At least the early episodes when it was most popular.

If anything, the movie stayed pretty faithful to the show. Just updated it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Gravedigger 06-12-2010 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 6817197)
That's the tv show. Go back and watch an episode. Its all done for laughs. At least the early episodes when it was most popular.

If anything, the movie stayed pretty faithful to the show. Just updated it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah I know the TV show, I watched reruns back in the day, it was just so goofy that I didn't know what to think when someone asked me afterwards "How was it?"

DaneMcCloud 06-12-2010 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 6816957)
Dunno, dun care.

Hollywood? You mean the same "Hollywood", Steven J. Cannell, the creator and producer of the TV series and THIS FILM?

"Hollywood" had nothing to do with it. It was Cannell's property to do as he saw fit.

pr_capone 06-12-2010 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 6817340)
Hollywood? You mean the same "Hollywood", Steven J. Cannell, the creator and producer of the TV series and THIS FILM?

"Hollywood" had nothing to do with it. It was Cannell's property to do as he saw fit.

Seems like 20th Century Fox is the film studio behind the movie. Fox qualifies as Hollywood, no?

DaneMcCloud 06-12-2010 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 6817371)
Seems like 20th Century Fox is the film studio behind the movie. Fox qualifies as Hollywood, no?

No, Fox is only the distributor.

Steven J. Cannell produced the movie, which means he put up the funding that hired the screenwriter, casting director, actors, associate producers, composer, gaffers, electricians, and on and on and on.

He may have secured a deal with Fox for distribution early on, and maybe even co-funding. But HE owned the intellectual property, not Fox, and he produced the movie as he saw fit.

65% of the time these days (or more), the studios only distribute films. They don't fund and order them.

And I don't think that Fox, being the Fox New Channel as well, represents "Hollywood".

:D