ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Watch Artie Lange Crap All Over Joe Buck's First Show (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=209191)

Hammock Parties 06-17-2009 06:59 PM

Watch Artie Lange Crap All Over Joe Buck's First Show

This is goddamn hilarious.

http://deadspin.com/5292467/watch-ar...cks-first-show

Even if your cable package went out last night, you've probably heard about the rather tepid debut of "Joe Buck Live." Tepid, until Howard Stern joke monkey Artie Lange destroyed everything Joe Buck holds dear on live television.

After the show went off the digital airwaves, there was another online-only portion that takes the vitriol up a notch. That's what you're watching in the above video. Joe does everything he can not leap across the table strangle Artie with his bare hands.

Joe realized almost immediately that the project he has spent half a year developing went completely off the rails and is about to hit a tree and explode. I don't know what he (or his talent bookers) expected Artie Lange to do, but they got what they paid for. Artie launched right into the homo jokes and never looked back, flustering Joe at every turn and driving the final segment into the ground. Things couldn't have gone worse.

FloridaMan88 06-17-2009 07:11 PM

It was freaking awesome.

I haven't been a big Artie Lange fan but after making Joe Buck his bitch on live TV... I'm in the Artie fan club.

irishjayhawk 06-17-2009 07:12 PM

Joe Buck never should have had a TV show. Period.

Hammock Parties 06-17-2009 07:15 PM

Troy Aikman should have been there for the gay jokes.

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2008/writers/r...ry/p1_buck.jpg

FAX 06-17-2009 07:25 PM

I don't care two stale Little Debbie cakes for Joe Buck, but that was bad form, man.

What a prick.

FAX

Hammock Parties 06-17-2009 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 5846530)
I don't care two stale Little Debbie cakes for Joe Buck, but that was bad form, man.

What a prick.

FAX

I think you have to understand Artie Lange, Mr. Fax. If I'm not mistaken he's been to known to say almost anything, anywhere to anyone, just for a laugh. I don't think he means anything by it.

KcMizzou 06-17-2009 07:31 PM

Irvin's "white on white crime" comment was pretty damned funny, for a football player.

stevieray 06-17-2009 08:00 PM

it cracks me up when he looks at the camera when Aikman is talking...

Hammock Parties 06-17-2009 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 5846649)
it cracks me up when he looks at the camera when Aikman is talking...

He's just throwing the gay viewers a bone...

KChiefs1 06-17-2009 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 5846493)
Joe Buck never should have had a TV show. Period.

This.

BarrySPAMAID 06-17-2009 08:51 PM

Wow, I'm speechless. Joe was pissed, Artie was ruthless, and It was just awkward.

stevieray 06-17-2009 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claythan (Post 5846659)
He's just throwing the gay viewers a bone...

huh?

I just think it's funny how seriously he looks at the camera..

Rausch 06-17-2009 09:40 PM

I can't get that link to work.

Hmmm...

DaneMcCloud 06-17-2009 09:42 PM

No one would be talking about Joe Buck today had it not been for Artie Lange.

Don't think for one second that this wasn't planned all along.

KcMizzou 06-17-2009 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 5846813)
No one would be talking about Joe Buck today had it not been for Artie Lange.

Don't think for one second that this wasn't planned all along.

Yeah... I'm pretty sure they knew what they'd be getting when they booked him as a guest.

doomy3 06-17-2009 10:42 PM

I actually thought Buck handled himself OK in the exchange. Lang is a total asshole though.

KcMizzou 06-17-2009 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doomy3 (Post 5846874)
I actually thought Buck handled himself OK in the exchange. Lang is a total asshole though.

It's kinda what he does...

doomy3 06-17-2009 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 5846878)
It's kinda what he does...

Yeah I realize calling Lang an asshole is kind of like calling Raised on Riots an annoying, ball-washing, obnoxious moron, but it doesn't take away the fact that he is a total prick.

KcMizzou 06-17-2009 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doomy3 (Post 5846879)
Yeah I realize calling Lang an asshole is kind of like calling Raised on Riots an annoying, ball-washing, obnoxious moron, but it doesn't take away the fact that he is a total prick.

I admit, it's a combover.

Micjones 06-17-2009 11:27 PM

Artie Lang took a fat dump all over Joe Buck.
It was painful watching that unfold.

Didn't realize Paul Rudd had grown up in the KC Metro.

Saccopoo 06-17-2009 11:28 PM

I saw Artie on "Man Caves" a little while back. Figured he could have thrown himself into a gutter, drowned on the 1/2" of wet flotsam puddling up in it (because he was too lazy and fat to roll his fat ass out of it), drown to death and did the collective world culture a favor by doing so. What a waste of oxygen that pile of shit is on a daily basis.

crazycoffey 06-18-2009 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 5846937)
Artie Lang took a fat dump all over Joe Buck.
It was painful watching that unfold.

Didn't realize Paul Rudd had grown up in the KC Metro.

I knew that one (he did celebrity fanatasy football on NFL Network or Fox or something a few years back, had a Priest Jersey, IIRC) but the other dude I did not know about being from KC area. He didn't seem to want to admit he was a chiefs fan, go figure....

The exchange between Artie and Buck did seem a bit tense, but I agree with Dane, it was probably a bit planned, maybe not scripted, but planned non-the-less.

Kyle DeLexus 06-18-2009 02:09 AM

Jimmy's better!!! Jim Norton is way better than artie.

Nixhex 06-18-2009 07:54 AM

Joe Buck takes himself way to seriously. He's a pompous ass riding the coattails of his father.

Gonzo 06-18-2009 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 5846811)
I can't get that link to work.

Hmmm...

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=209103

Frazod 06-18-2009 08:38 AM

I'll never understand how people find shit like this amusing. The guy's an ill-mannered ****ing pig.

But like the accompanying story said, they should have known that going in.

POND_OF_RED 06-18-2009 10:06 AM

What a horrible show. His father must be rolling over in his grave seeing how much of a pussy his son has become. He should straighten him up with a little pep talk in his sleep. I think the conversation would start something like "I DON'T BELIEVE WHAT I JUST SAW"

BarrySPAMAID 06-18-2009 10:13 AM

This was the "overtime" segment, so I',m not sure how much this is going to ruin his show if any, but we'll see.

I am from Saint Louis, and I sometimes have a hard time understanding everyones absolute hate for this guy? He is what he is. Which makes him the highest paid person here when it comes to reporting sports. I like Joe Buck, as a Redbirds fan, I really loved his father, and I had been listening to Joe every game here in STL until Fox swooped in and picked him up. He is the voice of fox sports, and more power too him.

Artie is Artie. He is nothing but blowhard, shit disturbing grunt that worships Howard Stern. His choice, Fair enough. But HBO had to know what they were getting into when they allowed him on the set. I have no problem with either of these guys. I just think it's funny the way I heard Joe Buck actually say "Jerk Off" which alot of people in STL wouldnt even believe If I told them. I'm sure Joe Buck will be just fine.

Why does everyone here hate him so much? Must be a Royals/Cards thing or something. Feel free to help me understand.

The Franchise 06-18-2009 10:13 AM

Artie Lang is ****ing hilarious.

POND_OF_RED 06-18-2009 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarrysKOOLAID (Post 5847442)
Why does everyone here hate him so much? Must be a Royals/Cards thing or something. Feel free to help me understand.

The guy is tolerable in baseball broadcasting but I cannot stand listening to him and Aikman talk during a football game.

BarrySPAMAID 06-18-2009 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED (Post 5847462)
The guy is tolerable in baseball broadcasting but I cannot stand listening to him and Aikman talk during a football game.

Fair enough. Ya, nothing like listening to him broadcast a Cards game. It's rare now, but we used to get it every night. His dad was king, and dont get me wrong, Mike Shannon is fun to listen to,....

I think Aikman screws everything up. Thats all.

Sure-Oz 06-18-2009 10:51 AM

Buck is blah, no way he should have a show, btw....i posted this thread in the media center and it has the video of the hbo and online segment, lets say both were hilarious....screw joe buck live that said he is a good play by play but no way he should have a talk show