ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs fans getting a hop in their step. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=209399)

chiefbowe82 06-22-2009 07:59 AM

Chiefs fans getting a hop in their step.

Whens the last time we made this much fun of the Broncos. I kind of like it, a little hop back in our step. A little cocky confidence eh. Skiptown is loving the shit out of it. BTW Oakland blows and San Diego will choke, your AFC West Champs the Kansas City Chiefs

Brock 06-22-2009 08:04 AM

Your homervision is strong.

chiefbowe82 06-22-2009 08:05 AM

not as strong as your negativity. BURN

Mile High Mania 06-22-2009 08:54 AM

And, the KC Fans say...

http://www.sondrak.com/archive/skpic...20chirping,jpg

wasi 06-22-2009 09:16 AM

No doubt all the change is exciting but I don't think most fans will feel, or should feel, a "cocky confidence" until we will some games and prove that the team is improved.

I like what I've seen so far from the Chiefs offseason. Comparitively, I also like what our division rivals have done, especially Denver. :D

JD10367 06-22-2009 09:26 AM

If Denver continues to tank it, as they've done, trust me, you'll get hours of endless enjoyment. As a New England fan, I've thoroughly enjoyed the recent years when Miami sucked (as I still don't forgive them for dominating the division for so long). And Oakland's good for a laugh, so you might have two laughingstocks, which is cool. But the Chiefs winning the division? It would have to take a superhuman choke effort by San Diego for that to happen, 'cause they're very talented. Not impossible, but highly improbable. For this season, I'd set my sights on a wildcard spot, and then who knows?

Sweet Daddy Hate 06-22-2009 09:29 AM

I love Denver reaming itself. That said;

http://www.sondrak.com/archive/skpics2/cuban_raft.jpg

...on the other half of the take.

King_Chief_Fan 06-22-2009 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 5855244)
If Denver continues to tank it, as they've done, trust me, you'll get hours of endless enjoyment. As a New England fan, I've thoroughly enjoyed the recent years when Miami sucked (as I still don't forgive them for dominating the division for so long). And Oakland's good for a laugh, so you might have two laughingstocks, which is cool. But the Chiefs winning the division? It would have to take a superhuman choke effort by San Diego for that to happen, 'cause they're very talented. Not impossible, but highly improbable. For this season, I'd set my sights on a wildcard spot, and then who knows?

I am with you....you don't win the division with a 7-9 season...not even in the AFCW

Skip Towne 06-22-2009 09:36 AM

I'm loving the shit out of it.

Mile High Mania 06-22-2009 09:39 AM

Yeah, regarding the AFCW in 2009... the Chargers are the team to beat right now. Sure, they had issues in 2008 and backed into the division title, but they're the team with the least amount of change right now and they still have a strong core on both sides.

That being said, (IMO) they're not at the level of the elite teams in the AFC... the Patriots, Colts, Steelers.. they're in a league of their own right now. I also think that teams like the Ravens, Titans and maybe the Dolphins (still not a believer in them for 2009) are right in the thick of things.

SD is the team to beat in the AFCW, but they're in the 5-8th overall range of the AFCW for me.

Quesadilla Joe 06-22-2009 09:41 AM

Tony G gone... check
Brian Waters wants out... check
Mike Vrabel wants no part of KC... check

BEST OFFSEASON EVER! ROFL

(just using KC fans logic here)

MMXcalibur 06-22-2009 09:44 AM

The only thing that’s going to soothe the pain of watching Kansas City flop to a 4-12 record is watching the Broncos and Raiders travel side by side right with us.

DaFace 06-22-2009 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 5855274)
Tony G gone... check

Apparently in your world, losing a TE and G is worse than losing a QB and WR. Interesting.

Mile High Mania 06-22-2009 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 5855292)
Apparently in your world, losing a TE and G is worse than losing a QB and WR. Interesting.

Denver hasn't lost a WR... anything can happen, but as of right now... his unhappy butt is still a Bronco hoping to get paid.

Quesadilla Joe 06-22-2009 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 5855292)

Those guys are the two best players on your team. We got 2 first round picks, a third round pick, and a starting QB for Cutler.

You guys got what.... A very late second round pick NEXT year for the best player in Chiefs history.

cmh6476 06-22-2009 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 5855297)
Denver hasn't lost a WR... anything can happen, but as of right now... his unhappy butt is still a Bronco hoping to get paid.

umm, and how is this any different than Brian Waters?

Skip Towne 06-22-2009 10:01 AM

I don't think TG is the best player in Chiefs history.

Spott 06-22-2009 10:04 AM

The glory days are returning. Before you know it we'll be losing in the 1st round of the playoffs.
Posted via Mobile Device

Time's Yours 06-22-2009 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 5855304)
Those guys are the two best players on your team. We got 2 first round picks, a third round pick, and a starting QB for Cutler.

You guys got what.... A very late second round pick NEXT year for the best player in Chiefs history.

Exaclty, because we've been getting rid of older players who wouldn't be around in a couple of years anyway. You guys are losing solid young players.

Sweet Daddy Hate 06-22-2009 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spott (Post 5855321)
The glory days are returning. Before you know it we'll be losing in the 1st round of the playoffs.
Posted via Mobile Device

With Fraud Boy helming the Offense, you can COUNT on it.

Brock 06-22-2009 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 5855297)

/Baghdad Bob

Mile High Mania 06-22-2009 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 5855332)
/Baghdad Bob

It is what it is...

Marshall looks at 2009, the final of his current contract and realizes that he is very unlikely to hit 100 receptions for the 3rd consecutive season.

I think 70-85 is much more likely an expectation... not because Orton sucks, but because the offense has changed. Hopefully, they have a more consistent rushing attack. The offense will likely be more open to other options. And, Marshall has a number of 'off field' strikes against him.

So, why not scream for a new deal and demand a trade now... he's doing what he can to push the team to give him a new deal. Nobody knows what they will do, but he doesn't have much leverage.

If he sits out... he screws with his FA status for 2010. I don't see him sitting out though, not with the issues he already has... that will only further hurt his shot at the next big contract - which he is rightfully due.

bringbackmarty 06-22-2009 11:26 AM

The division does suck...Norv is the coach of the only good team. Every year a team does come almost out of nowhere, so it's possible I guess. I just hope we pick up a couple of starters before we hit the field in September. We need one more good tackle on both sides of the ball. If we can somehow manufacture consistent above average play from our nose tackle and right offensive tackle we won't be embarrassing ourselves anymore, and that is some decent progress.

LaChapelle 06-22-2009 11:29 AM

Crisco and money underthe table pride will return.

cmh6476 06-22-2009 11:33 AM

meh, this isn't a championship caliber team. It was like trying to cheer for the Damon Huard led team right after they backed their way into the playoffs. You knew there was a ceiling to what they could do, and you were just kind of hoping they would maybe at least get tot he playoffs.

There's going to be reason to watch and interest, but it isnt because you think this team has what it takes tog et far in the postseason. However I think most of us feel this team is close to turning the corner, and with a couple more pieces in place could be that team that does stand the chance to really make some noise and make it fun to watch the Chiefs once again.

Slainte 06-22-2009 11:36 AM

Yes, I'm getting a real hop in my step over our impending 4 or 5 win season...

Brock 06-22-2009 11:37 AM

To the ship!!

RealSNR 06-22-2009 11:39 AM

I'm waiting for this season to end.

I'm sick of getting my hopes up. Basically, this team needs to AT LEAST win a playoff game for me to get cocky with any other fans. That could take seasons.

So I'll continue waiting. Hopefully it will all work out eventually.

Sweet Daddy Hate 06-22-2009 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmh6476 (Post 5855493)
meh, this isn't a championship caliber team. It was like trying to cheer for the Damon Huard led team right after they backed their way into the playoffs. You knew there was a ceiling to what they could do, and you were just kind of hoping they would maybe at least get tot he playoffs.

There's going to be reason to watch and interest, but it isnt because you think this team has what it takes tog et far in the postseason. However I think most of us feel this team is close to turning the corner, and with a couple more pieces in place could be that team that does stand the chance to really make some noise and make it fun to watch the Chiefs once again.

Precisely.

CoMoChief 06-22-2009 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 5855274)
Tony G gone... check

Tony G wanted no part of KC last season and look what happened, he had one of his best seasons as a Chief.

You're argument doesn't make any sense. Besides TG, the rest are still ON THE TEAM.

Orton to Royal..............IN-COM-PLETE!!!!!!!!! ROFL ROFL ROFL

Denver's gonna suck for yrs now. I doubt McDaniels lasts 4 seasons.

rambleonthruthefog 06-22-2009 12:06 PM

the last two seasons have killed a most of my homerism. though i'm optomistic bout the future and am more than happy with the changes that have been made, i don't think were gonna win the division. i fully expect us to compete for it though. and yeah, denver sucking it around every corner has been a pleasure.

Quesadilla Joe 06-22-2009 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 5855527)
Tony G wanted no part of KC last season and look what happened, he had one of his best seasons as a Chief.

You're argument doesn't make any sense. Besides TG, the rest are still ON THE TEAM.

Brandon Marshall is still ON THE TEAM and Chief fans still talk about him like he is not.

Jay Cutler stats first 8 games
QB Rating - 88.9
Yards Per Game- 271.12
YPA-7.22
Comp % -62.33
TD's- 15
Int's-10

Kyle Orton Stats First 8 Games of the season (Before he got hurt)
QB Rating- 89.25
Yards Per Game- 222.12
Yards Per Attempt- 7.28
Comp % - 61.88
TD's- 10
Int's- 4[/QUOTE]

Orton did this without a top 5 Offensive line and a top 5 WR core and without a QB friendly offense. He will have that this year plus a better group of RB's and TE's and a QB friendly offense. Honestly, I expect Orton to have a better QB Rating and TD/INT Ratio than both Cutler and Cassel this year.

dj56dt58 06-22-2009 12:33 PM

Quote:

ROFL

alanm 06-22-2009 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Town'NCountryChief (Post 5855495)
Yes, I'm getting a real hop in my step over our impending 4 or 5 win season...

It would take me being hopped up to get a hop out of our impending season. :bong:

Quesadilla Joe 06-22-2009 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dj56dt58 (Post 5855656)
ROFL

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showp...5&postcount=32

Kerberos 06-22-2009 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 5855625)
Brandon Marshall is still ON THE TEAM and Chief fans still talk about him like he is not.
Jay Cutler stats first 8 games
QB Rating - 88.9
Yards Per Game- 271.12
YPA-7.22
Comp % -62.33
TD's- 15
Int's-10

Kyle Orton Stats First 8 Games of the season (Before he got hurt)
QB Rating- 89.25
Yards Per Game- 222.12
Yards Per Attempt- 7.28
Comp % - 61.88
TD's- 10
Int's- 4

Orton did this without a top 5 Offensive line and a top 5 WR core and without a QB friendly offense. He will have that this year plus a better group of RB's and TE's and a QB friendly offense. Honestly, I expect Orton to have a better QB Rating and TD/INT Ratio than both Cutler and Cassel this year.

2 completely different offenses genious. Your Donkey homerism is laughable and entertaining so please keep going as it gives us something to make our day pass with humor.

BTW I for one think that BOTH KC and Dungver will suck hind tit this year. It is my opinion that Denver could have taken the division with what they had. Denvers YOUNG idiot McDaniel started his rampage for OUR QB that he has a man crush on, He lost his starting pro bowl QB and had he just appologized to cutler and worked on the defense things would look a lot brighter in mile high city right now.

But to our amusement those things didn't happen.

All is falling in around McDaniel right now and we are enjoying it. You can point out all the stats you want but it won't change that facts that your defense still sucks and has NOT been addressed. Your offense will have to RELEARN EVERYTHING from scratch and it is not the easiest offense to learn.

Quesadilla Joe 06-22-2009 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kerberos (Post 5855678)
2 completely different offenses genious. Your Donkey homerism is laughable and entertaining so please keep going as it gives us something to make our day pass with humor.

BTW I for one think that BOTH KC and Dungver will suck hind tit this year. It is my opinion that Denver could have taken the division with what they had. Denvers YOUNG idiot McDaniel started his rampage for OUR QB that he has a man crush on, He lost his starting pro bowl QB and had he just appologized to cutler and worked on the defense things would look a lot brighter in mile high city right now.

But to our amusement those things didn't happen.

All is falling in around McDaniel right now and we are enjoying it. You can point out all the stats you want but it won't change that facts that your defense still sucks and has NOT been addressed. Your offense will have to RELEARN EVERYTHING from scratch and it is not the easiest offense to learn.

But McDaniels DID address the defense. He brought in a new starting CB in Andre Goodman, a new starting ILB in Andra Davis, Brian Dawkins, Renaldo Hill, a new NT in Ronald Fields...

3 out of our first 4 draft picks were spent on the defense.

He also brought in one of the best defensive coordinators in the league to coach the defense in Mike Nolan, and brought in the Chargers defensive line coach.

Everything is not bad in Denver like the media would like you to believe.

DaneMcCloud 06-22-2009 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 5855527)

I'd take Orton, Moreno, Royal, Marshall and Denver's offensive line over Cassel, LJ, Bowe, Bradley and the Chiefs O-line any day of the week.

I'd take Denver's defense and Mike Nolan over the Chiefs D and Clancy Pendergast.

McDaniels has three Super Bowls rings and has coached in four. Haley's coached in one and has no Super Bowl rings.

The games have yet to be played on the field but I think the demise of the Denver Broncos has been greatly exaggerated.

Mr. Krab 06-22-2009 01:15 PM

Having Oakland and donkland suck is great but it's no substitution for the Chiefs being good. Imo.

Mr. Krab 06-22-2009 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 5855736)
I'd take Orton, Moreno, Royal, Marshall and Denver's offensive line over Cassel, LJ, Bowe, Bradley and the Chiefs O-line any day of the week.

I'd take Denver's defense and Mike Nolan over the Chiefs D and Clancy Pendergast.

McDaniels has three Super Bowls rings and has coached in four. Haley's coached in one and has no Super Bowl rings.

The games have yet to be played on the field but I think the demise of the Denver Broncos has been greatly exaggerated.

and we'll take Taco John over you.

So move on to Donkville and nag them for awhile.

DaneMcCloud 06-22-2009 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Krab's (Post 5855762)
and we'll take Taco John over you.

So move on to Donkville and nag them for awhile.

ROFL

Nice.

Chock-full of logic.

BarrySPAMAID 06-22-2009 10:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 87824

THAT is how you talk shit to a Donkey fan.

cdcox 06-22-2009 10:45 PM

As I see it KC and Denver are pretty even talent wise heading into the season. Denver is apparently moving downwards, while KC is apparently moving upwards. But I don't think out chances are really any better than Denver's this year. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Oakland does better than KC too, just given the fact that a few teams play much better than expected every year. But I feel very little optimism about this season for the Chiefs. When you look at the roster, there are still more questions than answers.

DaneMcCloud 06-22-2009 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 5856845)
As I see it KC and Denver are pretty even talent wise heading into the season. Denver is apparently moving downwards, while KC is apparently moving upwards. But I don't think out chances are really any better than Denver's this year. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Oakland does better than KC too, just given the fact that a few teams play much better than expected every year. But I feel very little optimism about this season for the Chiefs. When you look at the roster, there are still more questions than answers.

I'm no Denver fan (actually, I probably hate Denver more than any team in the NFL) but with that said, how are they moving "downward"?

They have much more youthful talent than the Chiefs. And contrary to popular belief, I think that Orton will be much more successful than people are expecting. Cutler was a weirdo. He was a dickhead crybaby that hadn't QB'd a winning team since high school.

Orton never had the type of weapons in Chicago that he'll have in Denver, nor the offensive line. Nor did he ever have an offensive minded head coach.

I think they're going to be much, much better than people here are expecting. Which actually pisses me off. I wish they'd suck but somehow, I don't see it happening.

cdcox 06-22-2009 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 5856854)
I'm no Denver fan (actually, I probably hate Denver more than any team in the NFL) but with that said, how are they moving "downward"?

They have much more youthful talent than the Chiefs. And contrary to popular belief, I think that Orton will be much more successful than people are expecting. Cutler was a weirdo. He was a dickhead crybaby that hadn't QB'd a winning team since high school.

Orton never had the type of weapons in Chicago that he'll have in Denver, nor the offensive line. Nor did he ever have an offensive minded head coach.

I think they're going to be much, much better than people here are expecting. Which actually pisses me off. I wish they'd suck but somehow, I don't see it happening.

You can't say that they have improved since December of '08. Hence they are moving downward. I also don't think McDaniels is making consistently sound personnel decisions (some good moves, but a lot of questionable ones). But I do agree with you that Denver will do better than people think. I think they'll have a good running game. But if they deal Marshall, it does open a ton of questions about the passing game. You take away the QB and the most talented WR in Marshall, and all the sudden Royal and Scheffler may not be nearly as productive and the weapons aren't so obvious. The strong running game will help the passing game. Any improvements in their woeful defense remain unproven.

DaneMcCloud 06-22-2009 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 5856859)
You can't say that they have improved since December of '08.

I fully disagree. Knowshon Moreno will make an immediate impact as a rusher and receiver. Mike Nolan is a better D-Coordinator than the "new" guy that Shanahan brought in for each the past several seasons. Brian Dawkins will bring serious leadership to the secondary and defense (which features a rookie & Champ Bailey).

And while Orton may not have the guady arm-strength, I think that he'll be a better fit in Denver in the long run. Personally, I've always thought that Cutler was a complete and utter loser. And his record proves it.

Quote:

Hence they are moving downward. I also don't think McDaniels is making consistently sound personnel decisions (some good moves, but a lot of questionable ones). But I do agree with you that Denver will do better than people think. I think they'll have a good running game. But if they deal Marshall, it does open a ton of questions about the passing game. You take away the QB and the most talented WR in Marshall, and all the sudden Royal and Scheffler may not be nearly as productive and the weapons aren't so obvious. The strong running game will help the passing game. Any improvements in their woeful defense remain unproven.

The only "questionable" move is Cutler. The rest haven't been. Sure, you can get worked up around trading up to get the DB they wanted but hey, that was "their" guy. The same could be said about nearly every draft choice the Chiefs made this year. Jackson could have been had at 20, Brown was a total reach, etc. It doesn't matter because now they're all a part of their respective franchises.

The rest of your post includes speculation to which IMO, can't be addressed at this time due to the uncertainties involved and shouldn't be included in this discussion.

Just Passin' By 06-22-2009 11:22 PM

Quote:

You can't say that they have improved since December of '08. Hence they are moving downward. I also don't think McDaniels is making consistently sound personnel decisions (some good moves, but a lot of questionable ones). But I do agree with you that Denver will do better than people think. I think they'll have a good running game. But if they deal Marshall, it does open a ton of questions about the passing game. You take away the QB and the most talented WR in Marshall, and all the sudden Royal and Scheffler may not be nearly as productive and the weapons aren't so obvious. The strong running game will help the passing game. Any improvements in their woeful defense remain unproven.

How is it that adding a pro bowl safety is an 'unproven' improvement any more than removing Cutler would be a 'proven' loss, even if you add in the loss of Marshall? Isn't it just as fair to change your first sentence to:

"You can't say that they have gotten worse since December of '08. Hence they are moving upward."?

Sweet Daddy Hate 06-23-2009 02:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarrysKOOLAID (Post 5856826)
Attachment 87824

THAT is how you talk shit to a Donkey fan.

ROFL:clap:

Mile High Mania 06-23-2009 05:13 AM

Nice comments Dane...

The bottom line for me is that during the last 6 months, the AFCW has seen an incredible amount of change with SD really being the only team that is returning and looking somewhat how you remember them from 2008.

Denver? I don't expect them to totally suck this year, but geez... they've had an extreme makeover, across the board. I don't recognize this team right now... and maybe that's a good thing when you look at the results the last few seasons. We're just over a month from training camps...

Let's roll!

HonestChieffan 06-23-2009 05:48 AM

The melt down on the Mange will be epic in proportion. They have not yet begun to set themselves on fire but they will.

Mile High Mania 06-23-2009 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HonestChieffan (Post 5857008)
The melt down on the Mange will be epic in proportion. They have not yet begun to set themselves on fire but they will.

I've found that the majority of the folks at MileHighReport are much less high strung...

BarrySPAMAID 06-23-2009 10:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 87843

More love for the Donkeys!!!

Sweet Daddy Hate 06-23-2009 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarrysKOOLAID (Post 5859626)
Attachment 87843

More love for the Donkeys!!!

ROFL How many ways can you make Denver and Kool-Aid rue the day you were born????

I look forward to finding out!ROFL

BarrySPAMAID 06-24-2009 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raised On Riots (Post 5859637)
ROFL How many ways can you make Denver and Kool-Aid rue the day you were born????

I look forward to finding out!ROFL

We are going to test those limits brother man. We are going to run this ship into the ground if we have too. I say we....lol

milkman 06-24-2009 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 5855267)
Yeah, regarding the AFCW in 2009... the Chargers are the team to beat right now. Sure, they had issues in 2008 and backed into the division title, but they're the team with the least amount of change right now and they still have a strong core on both sides.

That being said, (IMO) they're not at the level of the elite teams in the AFC... the Patriots, Colts, Steelers.. they're in a league of their own right now. I also think that teams like the Ravens, Titans and maybe the Dolphins (still not a believer in them for 2009) are right in the thick of things.

SD is the team to beat in the AFCW, but they're in the 5-8th overall range of the AFCW for me.

Right now, I think the Steelers are the elite team in the AFC, and if Flacco shows grows, the ravens could be right ther with them.

I think the Patriots, even with Brady back, are in the early stages of decline, and the Colts are a mystery with a new HC, although I've always thought that Tony Dungy is one of the most overrarted coaches ever, and they still have Manning.

San Diego, though, has an emerging young QB who could be among the best this year.
I expect Tomlinson will come into this season with a renewed determination and have one great season left in the tank, and Sproles will be a great chnage of pace.
Vincent Jackson, like Rivers, is emerging, and gives them a threat at WR, and Antonio Gates, if healthy should also be a weapon.

On defense, Merriman returns, and that group really stepped up and improved after Rivera took over.

The biggest question is Norv Turner.
He sucks ass.

But I think those guys win 11-12 games in spite of Norvel.

milkman 06-24-2009 08:35 AM

Quote:

Tony is not the best player in KC history.

beach tribe 06-24-2009 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 5856866)
I fully disagree. Knowshon Moreno will make an immediate impact as a rusher and receiver. Mike Nolan is a better D-Coordinator than the "new" guy that Shanahan brought in for each the past several seasons. Brian Dawkins will bring serious leadership to the secondary and defense (which features a rookie & Champ Bailey).

And while Orton may not have the guady arm-strength, I think that he'll be a better fit in Denver in the long run. Personally, I've always thought that Cutler was a complete and utter loser. And his record proves it.

The only "questionable" move is Cutler. The rest haven't been. Sure, you can get worked up around trading up to get the DB they wanted but hey, that was "their" guy. The same could be said about nearly every draft choice the Chiefs made this year. Jackson could have been had at 20, Brown was a total reach, etc. It doesn't matter because now they're all a part of their respective franchises.

The rest of your post includes speculation to which IMO, can't be addressed at this time due to the uncertainties involved and shouldn't be included in this discussion.

I guess we'll see, but I don't think so. Cutler played for ****in Vandy, and the broncos D is the reason he didn't have winning record in Denver. He gets rid of the ball quickly, and accurately, and is more elusive than people give him credit for. He will turn Greg Olson into a star. Orton is gonna get sacked more than Cutler did last year, and is going to have a meh year. I see Cutler throwing for 4000.

wasi 06-24-2009 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 5856868)
How is it that adding a pro bowl safety is an 'unproven' improvement any more than removing Cutler would be a 'proven' loss, even if you add in the loss of Marshall? Isn't it just as fair to change your first sentence to:

"You can't say that they have gotten worse since December of '08. Hence they are moving upward."?

I agree, pro bowls mean little and in this sense the trade off is even.

However, when you factor in that Dawkins in nearing the end of his career, while Cutler was near the start of his, and the fact that QB is a bit more important of a position than Safety, I could argue that they have gotten worse as well.

DaneMcCloud 06-24-2009 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 5860314)
I guess we'll see, but I don't think so. Cutler played for ****in Vandy, and the broncos D is the reason he didn't have winning record in Denver. He gets rid of the ball quickly, and accurately, and is more elusive than people give him credit for. He will turn Greg Olson into a star. Orton is gonna get sacked more than Cutler did last year, and is going to have a meh year. I see Cutler throwing for 4000.

Cutler hasn't had a winning season since his junior year in high school.

Not at Vanderbilt.

Not in Denver.

I see him as soft. He's also a whiner. IMO, those aren't sought after leadership qualities. He's no where near the same league as Warner, Favre, Brady, Rothlisberger or McNabb when it comes to being a field general.

I suspect that if he does have success in Chicago, it'll be due to the defense, not his decision making and the offense. Orton scares me because he's a "team" guy.

"Team" guys are the guys that usually win Championships.

chiefbowe82 06-24-2009 11:18 AM

chicago gave up their whole draft and a qb for a mediocre qb. denver will reap the benefits for years to come.

wasi 06-24-2009 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_CHIEFS_06 (Post 5860427)
chicago gave up their whole draft and a qb for a mediocre qb. denver will reap the benefits for years to come.

The only thing anyone knows at this point is that Cutler is better than Orton. Cutler may not be a Rivers or Roethlisberger type but you can argue he is one of the top QB's in the league.
I just don't know how any Chiefs fan can think that trading away Cutler for Orton is in anyway a good deal. Chiefs fans have suffered with average to below average QBs for so long that I would think that rational thinking would lead anyone to the conclusion that Denver got worse, despite all the draft picks and the fact they got Orton back in trade.

Whether or not Denver will reap the benefits of the trade remains to be seen. Certainly the potential for Moreno and Ayers is there, but until they show it on the field they are unknowns.

Stinger 06-24-2009 06:52 PM

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/.../mcdaniels.jpg