ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Roethlisberger listed as defendant in lawsuit (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=210653)

BigRichard 07-21-2009 06:15 AM

Roethlisberger listed as defendant in lawsuit

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....ap/index.html

RENO, Nev. (AP) -- Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger has been named as a defendant in a lawsuit filed by a woman in Nevada.

According to online court records, a defamation lawsuit was filed in Washoe County on Friday. Andrea McNulty is listed as the plaintiff.

Details of the suit were not available late Monday night. Roethlisberger was one of nine defendants listed in the online court docket report.

Roethlisberger's attorney released a statement to several media outlets Monday night saying the two-time Super Bowl winner was accused of sexual assault in the lawsuit by McNulty. Atlanta-based attorney David Cornwell denied Roethlisberger sexually assaulted McNulty.

"This weekend Andrea McNulty served Ben Roethlisberger with a civil complaint accusing him of sexually assaulting her in July 2008. Ben has never sexually assaulted anyone; especially Andrea McNulty. The timing of the lawsuit and the absence of a criminal complaint and a criminal investigation are the most compelling evidence of the absence of any criminal conduct. If an investigation is commenced, Ben will cooperate fully and Ben will be fully exonerated," Cornwell said.

A phone message and e-mail from the AP to Cornwell were not immediately returned.

Attorney Calvin R. Dunlap, of Reno, filed the suit, according to court documents. A telephone message left for him was not immediately returned.

Mile High Mania 07-21-2009 06:19 AM

One of the pains of being a big name star... wonder where and at what time of day this all took place. Not that it matters for the most part, the guy should be free to do what he likes... but, you have to watch where you go and who you're around.

Crashride 07-21-2009 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 5914222)
One of the pains of being a big name star... wonder where and at what time of day this all took place. Not that it matters for the most part, the guy should be free to do what he likes... but, you have to watch where you go and who you're around.

Winner.

Garcia Bronco 07-21-2009 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 5914222)

It's impossible. We have so many lazy shits in this country looking for a handout that there is no reason to even bother. Just pay a retainer fee and always have someone on the clock.

Crashride 07-21-2009 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco (Post 5914265)
It's impossible. We have so many lazy shits in this country looking for a handout that there is no reason to even bother. Just pay a retainer fee and always have someone on the clock.

Is that how the broncos stay out of trouble? :)

Skip Towne 07-21-2009 07:09 AM

Nine of them assaulted her and she didn't call the cops? Yeah, right.

Garcia Bronco 07-21-2009 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip Towne (Post 5914274)

The probably whistled at her and her sensible self was offedned once she found out who they were and realized she could get paid. Of course analysis of her britches will probably find 12 different semen donors.

Garcia Bronco 07-21-2009 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crashride (Post 5914268)
Is that how the broncos stay out of trouble? :)

It's SOP

rageeumr 07-21-2009 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lawyer Dude
Ben has never sexually assaulted anyone; especially Andrea McNulty.

I find this line somewhat amusing.

MVChiefFan 07-21-2009 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRichard (Post 5914219)
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....ap/index.html
"This weekend Andrea McNulty served Ben Roethlisberger with a civil complaint accusing him of sexually assaulting her in July 2008. Ben has never sexually assaulted anyone; especially Andrea McNulty. The timing of the lawsuit and the absence of a criminal complaint and a criminal investigation are the most compelling evidence of the absence of any criminal conduct. If an investigation is commenced, Ben will cooperate fully and Ben will be fully exonerated," Cornwell said.

ROFL For some reason, this made me laugh.

the Talking Can 07-21-2009 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rageeumr (Post 5914291)

me too

translated:

"and if he did assault someone, it sure as hell wouldn't be her..."

MVChiefFan 07-21-2009 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rageeumr (Post 5914291)

Dang...beat me to it. :D

Chiefnj2 07-21-2009 07:29 AM

Quote:

Rumor has it that the others named in the suit are employees of the hotel where the alleged assault took place. Not necessarily that they assaulted her themselves but perhaps helped in a cover up or something like that. I haven't read of specifics yet.

rageeumr 07-21-2009 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 5914296)
me too

translated:

"and if he did assault someone, it sure as hell wouldn't be her..."

She must be an uggo.

ChiTown 07-21-2009 08:08 AM

http://www.postchronicle.com/images/...es/mcnulty.jpg

Would ya? Ben might have.....

BWillie 07-21-2009 09:03 AM

Most civil suits put forward against athletes I just don't believe. Some of them may be true, but I bet the vast majority of them are not. Just an easy way for them to get a buck

Chiefnj2 07-21-2009 10:26 AM

Details of the alleged rape are up at pft.com.

Note to self, if Ben ever asks me come in and fix his television send gochiefs instead.

thebrad84 07-21-2009 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 5914598)
Details of the alleged rape are up at pft.com.

Note to self, if Ben ever asks me come in and fix his television send gochiefs instead.

Good to know that purefruittechnologies.com is on top of the story, however I could not find it on their website. Their Mangoxan does look quite tasty though.

Pioli Zombie 07-21-2009 12:14 PM

I love how people talk like they know if he's guilty or innocent. Because he's rich it MUST be frivolous. Or he's a rapist.
We don't know shit either way. And we don't know anything about these people just because they are celebrities.
Posted via Mobile Device

MMXcalibur 07-21-2009 12:25 PM

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...sberger-story/

Interesting tidbit about ESPN not reporting the story when it broke....for whatever reason.

KCChiefsMan 07-21-2009 12:28 PM

stupid bitch just looking for a settlement, god bless america

Pioli Zombie 07-21-2009 12:29 PM

The more I think of it the funnier that attorneys comments are.

I haven't molested any underage child, certainly not THAT one....

Yeah, its not a good way to defend ANYTHING.

I didn't kill anyone, certainly not him!
Posted via Mobile Device

MMXcalibur 07-21-2009 12:34 PM

If I were a famous pro athlete, I'd probably just lock myself in my mansion 24/7 until the season rolled around again.

CoMoChief 07-21-2009 12:43 PM

Quote:

But but but but, women are scared to call the authorities.

CoMoChief 07-21-2009 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCtotheSB (Post 5914841)
If I were a famous pro athlete, I'd probably just lock myself in my mansion 24/7 until the season rolled around again.

Not me, I'd spend my free time out in the bahamas somewhere, fishing and having a great time in the sun.

Hootie 07-21-2009 12:59 PM

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...oethlisberger/

We've finally obtained a full and complete and reliable copy of the complaint filed against Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger in Nevada.

The complaint contains very specific allegations, which either helps prove that the event actually occurred -- or which demonstrates that the plaintiff, Andrea McNulty, has a very active imagination.

McNulty, who says in the complaint that she has worked at Harrah's since March 2003, alleges that she was assigned to serve a concierge-style function on the Penthouse floor of the hotel during the 2008 American Century Celebrity Golf Championship.

McNulty alleges that, on July 10, she and Roethlisberger had a conversation about fly fishing, and that they talked about the fact that McNulty is an avid fly fisherman. (Though, on the surface, the exchange isn't relevant, the contention -- if true -- shows that there was at least a minor relationship between McNulty and Roethlisberger prior to the incident.)

As to the incident itself, it allegedly occurred on Friday, July 11. McNulty claims that, at approximately 10:00 p.m. local time, Roethlisberger returned to his room with a young woman, who left roughly 20 minutes later.

McNulty says that Roethlisberger walked the woman to the elevator, and that Roethlisberger then stopped to talk to McNulty and other staff, for roughly 20 minutes. (Obviously, it'll be critical to determine who these other staff members are, and what they have to say.)

As he was leaving, Roethlisberger allegedly told McNulty that the sound system on his television wasn't working. She offered to have someone from engineering fix it, but Roethlisberger said he would call her about it later.

Roethlisberger allegedly called her a few minutes later, and he said that the television was still broken. She offered to have someone go to the room and fix it. He allegedly asked her to come and "take a quick look" at it.

McNulty claims that she tried to call a couple of other colleagues to handle the situation, but that she couldn't reach anyone. She alleges that Roethlisberger called again and asked her when she was going to fix the television.

Citing a direction from management to ensure that Roethlisberger had an enjoyable trip, she decided to try to fix it herself.

McNulty claims that, when she arrived at the room, he was wearing a T-shirt and athletic shorts. She adds, for no apparent reason other than to show the clarity of her recollection, that the room was a mess.

Roethlisberger showed her the television that was malfunctioning, located in suite's bedroom. Using the remote, she determined that there was no problem with the television or the sound system.

She claims that, as she tried to leave the room, Roethlisberger blocked her path, and that he "grabbed [her] and started to kiss her."

She claims that she was "shocked and stunned that this previously friendly man, that appeared to be a gentleman in her previous contacts with him was suddenly preventing her from leaving, was assaulting and battering her."

McNulty admits that she didn't try to fight Roethlisberger, citing his size and strength. She claims that she "communicated her objection and lack of consent," and that he nevertheless began "fondling [her] through her dress and between her legs."

She claims that he pushed her onto the bed, and despite her alleged protests he "pulled her underpants off and proceeded to penetrate her."

McNulty claims that she told him, "You don't want to do this." She also claims that she said, "Please don't," and that she told him she was not on any type of birth control.

She claims that he said in response, "Don't worry, I'll pull out," which he ultimately did.

At that point, he allowed her to get off the bed. McNulty claims that she went to the bathroom, and "tried to pull herself together." When she emerged, she claims that Roethlisberger asked, "There are cameras on this room, aren't there?"

She responded by saying, "Yes, there are cameras everywhere."

McNulty alleges that he then seem worried, and that his tone became "stern."

"If anyone asks you, you fixed my television," he allegedly said. "You fixed my television. Now go!"

We'll be posting separately the allegations relating to the coworkers at Harrah's, most of which are based on conduct occurring after the alleged assault.

Again, these are only allegations in a civil complaint. There is, to our knowledge, no criminal complaint or investigation, and Roethlisberger through lawyer David Cornwell has strongly denied the contention.

Still, if the allegations set forth above are true, and if sufficient evidence can be compiled to prove that, then this thing could get very ugly for Roethlisberger

orange 07-21-2009 01:06 PM

She responded by saying, "Yes, there are cameras everywhere."

We should be seeing something soon, one way or the other. Don't you think?

Ebolapox 07-21-2009 01:06 PM

did he PIIHB?

dirk digler 07-21-2009 01:08 PM

This woman is just another gold digger looking for quick cash.

ChiTown 07-21-2009 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H5N1 (Post 5914891)
did he PIIHB?

Did they check Big Ben's Little Ben for poo on the tip?

Ebolapox 07-21-2009 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 5914902)
Did they check Big Ben's Little Ben for poo on the tip?

who knows. did the chica go ATM?

ChiTown 07-21-2009 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H5N1 (Post 5914916)
who knows. did the chica go ATM?

probably need to swab her mouth..........

Garcia Bronco 07-21-2009 01:20 PM

If she was raped then why isn't there a police report?

Buck 07-21-2009 01:25 PM

I wouldn't put it past anybody to do this. Alcohol ****s you up.

Titty Meat 07-21-2009 01:33 PM

Now you know why Larry Johnson is hard on hoes. This women should be put in jail for making shit up

LaChapelle 07-21-2009 01:34 PM

If quilty, others will be stepping forward.

MMXcalibur 07-21-2009 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaChapelle (Post 5914947)
If quilty, others will be stepping forward.

That'd be pretty sheety for Roethlisberger.

LaChapelle 07-21-2009 01:38 PM

I have no problems believing either way. Scamming an athlete for money, or an athlete thinking they're above the law. We've seem plenty of both.

orange 07-21-2009 01:41 PM

Quote:

No, only BR is accused of the assault. The others are hotel employees accused of covering it up and defaming her.

The actual complaint: http://www.nypost.com/seven/07212009..._complaint.pdf

Donger 07-21-2009 01:42 PM

Let me get this straight:

1) It happened one year ago?

2) She did not go to the police?

3) Her lawsuit demands $390,000.00?

Titty Meat 07-21-2009 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 5914963)

Guess she didn't make any money of the Nigeria e-mail scam

stumppy 07-21-2009 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaChapelle (Post 5914955)
I have no problems believing either way. Scamming an athlete for money, or an athlete thinking they're above the law. We've seem plenty of both.

Same here. Maybe she is trying to scam some cash. Then again, maybe he was drunk and did it.

I just love the way some people know right away she's just trying to scam him.

MVChiefFan 07-21-2009 01:55 PM

I don't know whether he did it or not. I just don't understand how you're more concerned with letting him know you're not on the pill than you are with yanking his d*** off and screaming bloody murder.

Skip Towne 07-21-2009 01:57 PM

His grandma said he's a good boy and he ddn't do it.

bandwagonjumper 07-21-2009 01:58 PM

I know I'm in the minority here but I always give the women the benefit of doubt. I remember the Kobe Bryant case but I also remember the Duke rape case. It could go either way. Right now we don't know but she pains a convincing picture.

Pioli Zombie 07-21-2009 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 5914895)

How in **** do YOU know? Like I said, none of us geniuses knows one way or another he's guilty or not.
Posted via Mobile Device

bogey 07-21-2009 02:14 PM

If Michael Jackson was an athlete, he'd likely be getting the same support as Ben.

Donger 07-21-2009 02:26 PM

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1F4W0R1Zr_8&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1F4W0R1Zr_8&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Garcia Bronco 07-21-2009 02:42 PM

BR says he wasn't even in Vegas that day.

orange 07-21-2009 02:47 PM

Quote:

Read the complaint. There's a lot more alleged. The Hotel is in just as much trouble as Roethlisberger if this bears out.

And her lawsuit is for more than $390,000. She cites $380,000 in medical bills plus $30,000 in lost wages, then lists various infractions causing "an amount in excess of $10,000" each. Probably punitive damages as well.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/07212009..._complaint.pdf

Skip Towne 07-21-2009 02:51 PM

I'm pretty sure he ****ed me too. Yep, he did. I'm sure of it.

OnTheWarpath15 07-21-2009 02:58 PM

Quote:

If her allegations are true, she had everything she needed to go to the police right away - she claims that Roethlisberger "pulled out."

How difficult would it have been to walk right out of the room and file a police report, be given a "physical" and prove it easily?

Instead, she waits a year to file a suit.

I also find it hard to believe that a hotel would allow cameras in suites. Hallways? Sure. Rooms and suites? No ****ing way.

I'm calling golddigger.

KC Dan 07-21-2009 03:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
my take:

DaneMcCloud 07-21-2009 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 5914895)

Maybe, maybe not.

I'm not so quick to assume that every woman who files suit against an athlete is gold-digging whore.

Kobe didn't rape that chick but he certainly had sex with her.

Shaq cheated on his wife numerous times and was lucky he didn't get accused of rape. Athletes cheat all the time.

Something tells me this one isn't fake. For Steelers organization and Ben's career, I hope I'm wrong.

OnTheWarpath15 07-21-2009 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 5915141)
Maybe, maybe not.

I'm not so quick to assume that every woman who files suit against an athlete is gold-digging whore.

Kobe didn't rape that chick but he certainly had sex with her.

Shaq cheated on his wife numerous times and was lucky he didn't get accused of rape. Athletes cheat all the time.

Something tells me this one isn't fake. For Steelers organization and Ben's career, I hope I'm wrong.

Hold on.

I wouldn't be shocked if Roethlisberger DID actually have sex with her.

However, I would be shocked if it was done against her will.

Again, there are too many reasons to think otherwise.

Why wait a year? You're only making it harder to prove, especially when you have everything you need from a DNA standpoint to report it right away.

Plus, she's flat out lying about there being cameras in the room.

Sounds like she spent the last year trying to come up with a believable story, if you ask me.

KCChiefsMan 07-21-2009 03:20 PM

I think some really really really good looking guy should go target some rich spoiled college girl, have sex with her. Then right after sex he should drug himself a bit and then the next day claim that she raped him by drugging him up. Then get a settlement from her parents, then right after that he should come clean just to prove a point. Say "see, this is what women do to men all of the time and it worked! I got paid"

Ebolapox 07-21-2009 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsMan (Post 5915163)
I think some really really really good looking guy should go target some rich spoiled college girl, have sex with her. Then right after sex he should drug himself a bit and then the next day claim that she raped him by drugging him up. Then get a settlement from her parents, then right after that he should come clean just to prove a point. Say "see, this is what women do to men all of the time and it worked! I got paid"

while that may be entertaining, and I'm not defending women golddigging men, this post makes me long for the day that paul invents a girl robot.

KCChiefsMan 07-21-2009 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H5N1 (Post 5915170)
while that may be entertaining, and I'm not defending women golddigging men, this post makes me long for the day that paul invents a girl robot.

glad to see that you will never forget my classic idea of a girl robot. But some guy should do that, just to prove a point, not to profit.

Ebolapox 07-21-2009 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsMan (Post 5915184)
glad to see that you will never forget my classic idea of a girl robot. But some guy should do that, just to prove a point, not to profit.

what? make a girl robot, or roofie himself to get over on a hot rich chick? cause both are great ideas.

KCUnited 07-21-2009 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 5915149)
Hold on.

Why wait a year? You're only making it harder to prove, especially when you have everything you need from a DNA standpoint to report it right away.

Sounds like she spent the last year trying to come up with a believable story, if you ask me.

Or extort him with the camera story.

DaneMcCloud 07-21-2009 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 5915149)
Hold on.

Did you read the complaint? Especially from 89 on? If not, you need to read it before coming to any conclusions about "why".

In short, she told the Head of Security, who reported it to no one. He did no follow up. The defendant fell into a heavy depression shortly thereafter and had to be admitted to a hospital for dehydration and depression. Read it thoroughly for the facts as to "why".

Personally, that doesn't sound like someone who's a "gold-digger".

OnTheWarpath15 07-21-2009 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 5915271)
Did you read the complaint? Especially from 89 on? If not, you need to read it before coming to any conclusions about "why".

In short, she told the Head of Security, who reported it to no one. He did no follow up. The defendant fell into a heavy depression shortly thereafter and had to be admitted to a hospital for dehydration and depression. Read it thoroughly for the facts as to "why".

Personally, that doesn't sound like someone who's a "gold-digger".

I read the entire thing.

I'm sorry, but having worked in the Casino business for many years, anyone with half a brain knows you report something like that to the POLICE, not to the Chief of Security.

And doing so the DAY AFTER?

Christ, she "allegedly" had Rothlisberger's ****ing jizz on her stomach. How hard would it have been to drive to the GD police station and/or hospital, be given a full physical and prove this incident actually happened?

If I'm a woman that's sexually assaulted and he leaves evidence on my ****ing body, the next stop I'm making is the police station.

Instead, she NEVER reports the incident to police, only to hotel security.

Like I said before, it wouldn't shock me in the least if he actually did have sex with her, but I'm seriously doubting that it happened without her consent.

DaneMcCloud 07-21-2009 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 5915306)
I read the entire thing.

I'm sorry, but having worked in the Casino business for many years, anyone with half a brain knows you report something like that to the POLICE, not to the Chief of Security.

And doing so the DAY AFTER?

Christ, she "allegedly" had Rothlisberger's ****ing jizz on her stomach. How hard would it have been to drive to the GD police station and/or hospital, be given a full physical and prove this incident actually happened?

If I'm a woman that's sexually assaulted and he leaves evidence on my ****ing body, the next stop I'm making is the police station.

Instead, she NEVER reports the incident to police, only to hotel security.

Like I said before, it wouldn't shock me in the least if he actually did have sex with her, but I'm seriously doubting that it happened without her consent.

Well, we'll see.

I find it odd that she was able to rise quickly through the ranks of the hotel business to V.P., yet she failed to file a police report.

But, rape victims often do weird things. I think it screws women up pretty badly, so I'm pretty much unwilling to place any blame at this point, especially on the victim.

That's up to the courts and quite frankly, I'm ****ing sick of people being tried in the "Court of Public Opinion".

LaChapelle 07-21-2009 04:13 PM

This reminds me of a post in the Steve McNair thread. Where someone posted they knew him, and he was a totally different person when he drank. Mr outstanding athlete sober.

OnTheWarpath15 07-21-2009 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 5915333)
Well, we'll see.

I find it odd that she was able to rise quickly through the ranks of the hotel business to V.P., yet she failed to file a police report.

But, rape victims often do weird things. I think it screws women up pretty badly, so I'm pretty much unwilling to place any blame at this point, especially on the victim.

That's up to the courts and quite frankly, I'm ****ing sick of people being tried in the "Court of Public Opinion".

Fair enough, but I'm ****ing sick of athletes and entertainers reputations being drug through the mud over money.

Even if he's found innocent, this accusation will follow Roehtlisberger his entire life, and for what? So some bitch could try to make a few bucks by defaming him?

Ask the guys in the Duke Lacrosse case how normal their lives are now, even after the truth came out.

stumppy 07-21-2009 04:18 PM

[quote=OnTheWarpath58;5915306]

quote]

See, that's the thing. You're not a woman. You have never and will never be put in this situation.
Everybody knows the way they think about things is a hell of a lot different than men do.

Not saying I know what the truth is but I'm willing to wait for more information before making a snap judgment about the validity of his and her claims.

LaChapelle 07-21-2009 04:20 PM

Let's say you're a 125lb. bellboy and you're overpowered and raped. How quick do you report it to the police?

DaneMcCloud 07-21-2009 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 5915339)
Fair enough, but I'm ****ing sick of athletes and entertainers reputations being drug through the mud over money.

Even if he's found innocent, this accusation will follow Roehtlisberger his entire life, and for what? So some bitch could try to make a few bucks by defaming him?

Ask the guys in the Duke Lacrosse case how normal their lives are now, even after the truth came out.

Well, each and every case is different.

I'm not "sad" that Kobe's name was "drug through the mud" because while I'm a fan of the Lakers, I'm no longer a fan of Kobe.

Conversely to your point, I'm sick of these athletes being treated like ****ing gods because of their athletic ability and feel that the law should apply to them, instead of being a "roadblock" to getting them back on the field.

And it's not just nationwide athletes. "Looking the other way" is a national pastime to law enforcement of college towns. Do you read SI? Did you read the story of Jeff Komlo? That ****ing guy was treated like a king for 20 years after he played at Delaware.

Delaware!

**** 'em if they're guilty.

orange 07-21-2009 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaChapelle (Post 5915345)
Let's say you're a 125lb. bellboy and you're overpowered and raped. How quick do you report it to the police?

Or say you're a female hotel worker familiar with the Kobe Bryant case. How seriously are you going to think your charges against a famous athlete will be taken?

OnTheWarpath15 07-21-2009 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stumppy (Post 5915342)
See, that's the thing. You're not a woman. You have never and will never be put in this situation.
Everybody knows the way they think about things is a hell of a lot different than men do.

Not saying I know what the truth is but I'm willing to wait for more information before making a snap judgment about the validity of his and her claims.

If you'd read, I'm not claiming I know exactly what happened either, only what the circumstances lead me to believe.

There is only one piece of evidence that even remotely suggests that Roethlisberger sexually assaulted this woman, and that is the "word" of said victim.

Everything else points to her being FOS.

Not contacting the police, just assuming someone else would.

Waiting a day to contact ANYONE.

Lying about the "cameras" in the room.

Waiting an entire YEAR to file suit.

If it actually happened, she had the ability to make it an open and shut case by reporting it to police and being given a physical.

Instead, she waited a year and it's now a "he said, she said" case, and she really doesn't have a leg to stand on, IMO. She has to PROVE it, and she pissed away her chance to do so a year ago.

Rasputin 07-21-2009 04:25 PM

so how big of an affect will this have on Big Ben & the Steelers? Is he going to miss any practice or games cuz of court? I think he is innocent but this has to be a devastating thing to go through at the start of a new season.

orange 07-21-2009 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 5915357)
so how big of an affect will this have on Big Ben & the Steelers? Is he going to miss any practice or games cuz of court? I think he is innocent but this has to be a devastating thing to go through at the start of a new season.

It will probably be months before this ever goes to court - maybe even after the season.

The next thing to see will be the responses by Roethlisberger and the other defendants.

DaneMcCloud 07-21-2009 04:27 PM

I find it hard to believe that a woman would fall into a massive depression and need psychiatric and physical hospitalization because she had consensual sex with Rothlisberger.

OnTheWarpath15 07-21-2009 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 5915346)
Well, each and every case is different.

I'm not "sad" that Kobe's name was "drug through the mud" because while I'm a fan of the Lakers, I'm no longer a fan of Kobe.

Conversely to your point, I'm sick of these athletes being treated like ****ing gods because of their athletic ability and feel that the law should apply to them, instead of being a "roadblock" to getting them back on the field.

And it's not just nationwide athletes. "Looking the other way" is a national pastime to law enforcement of college towns. Do you read SI? Did you read the story of Jeff Komlo? That ****ing guy was treated like a king for 20 years after he played at Delaware.

Delaware!

**** 'em if they're guilty.

If they are guilty, I agree 100%

Kobe's reputation was ****ed regardless because he was married.

There is a huge difference, however, in a single Ben Roethlisberger getting some consensual strange and being accused of rape.

I'm don't want to see things get "covered up" if it actually happened, but thus far the only person suggesting it is the person that waited a year to bring her case.

LaChapelle 07-21-2009 04:34 PM

Being seen as a golddigger or seen as damaged goods is a walk in the park.

Hootie 07-21-2009 04:34 PM

I have a feeling that...if BR was black...people's opinions would be way different.

OnTheWarpath15 07-21-2009 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 5915362)
I find it hard to believe that a woman would fall into a massive depression and need psychiatric and physical hospitalization because she had consensual sex with Rothlisberger.

So that's your case, counselor?

She was depressed and needed hospitalization, therefore she was absolutely sexually assaulted by one Mr. Ben Roethlisberger.

Case dismissed.

rockymtnchief 07-21-2009 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 5915362)

It happened with Claythan!:D

I'm with Dane on this one. We have only the tip of the iceberg to judge by. I'll wait to see what involvement her co-workers played in this.

BTW...The "cameras in the room". I read it differently than others. When I read it, I took it that she said it because she was scared and figured he'd let her go knowing that the eye-in the-sky was watching. It will be interesting to hear why she said it.

OnTheWarpath15 07-21-2009 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie (Post 5915379)
I have a feeling that...if BR was black...people's opinions would be way different.

God, you're a ****ing reerun.

rockymtnchief 07-21-2009 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie (Post 5915379)

Not mine. I sure thought Kennedy was guilty. He's as honky as they get.