ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Raider injuries.... Donks will be 3-0 next week (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=214584)

Ugly Duck 09-20-2009 05:43 PM

Raider injuries.... Donks will be 3-0 next week

Raiders are banged up. Gallery broke his leg.... may be out for the season. Awesomwa re-injured his broken hand. Oakland will be limping into Denver Week. DonkFanz will be crowing loud....

kstater 09-20-2009 05:44 PM

I don't think the NFL could have set up an easier schedule to start the season for the Broncos. That's two years in a row they've opened with a ridiculously easy schedule.

Chiefs4TheWin 09-20-2009 05:45 PM

one and done in the playoffs. after they win the division at 7 and 9

Just Passin' By 09-20-2009 05:47 PM

If you look at Denver's schedule, they could start 3-0 and end up 3-8 heading into the Chiefs game.

LaChapelle 09-20-2009 05:47 PM

This will only get Norv fired, Stupid Donkies.

Quiet Storm 09-20-2009 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kstater (Post 6093763)
I don't think the NFL could have set up an easier schedule to start the season for the Broncos. That's two years in a row they've opened with a ridiculously easy schedule.

yea. But look at the rest of their schedule. They probably will start 3-0, that will make their winter free fall all that much better.

Come on though, they beat the bungles on a miracle play and the abysmal man-ginas.

I am more worried about the Faid than the Broncos in the West. I have zero concern from them. They will crash and burn. Watch.

Quesadilla Joe 09-20-2009 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kstater (Post 6093763)

We had the Raiders, Chargers, and Saints for the first 3 games last year. Two playoff caliber teams and one struggling team.

Denver is only giving up 6.5 PPG that is good no matter who you play. Cinci put up 31 points on the Packers earlier today.:)

RNR 09-20-2009 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ugly Duck (Post 6093758)
Raiders are banged up. Gallery broke his leg.... may be out for the season. Awesomwa re-injured his broken hand. Oakland will be limping into Denver Week. DonkFanz will be crowing loud....

I am not see anything on Gallery, where did you read that?

Hydrae 09-20-2009 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedNeckRaider (Post 6093832)
I am not see anything on Gallery, where did you read that?

From KFFL.com:

Raiders | Galllery has broken fibula
Sun, 20 Sep 2009 15:57:38 -0700

Bill Williamson, of ESPN.com, reports Oakland Raiders OG Robert Gallery (fibula) has a broken fibula, according to the San Francisco Chronicle. He will likely be out for at least a month.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Raiders | Gallery has broken leg
Sun, 20 Sep 2009 14:11:45 -0700

Jerry McDonald, of ANG Newspapers, reports Oakland Raiders OG Robert Gallery (leg) told reporters he has a broken left fibula.

Garcia Bronco 09-20-2009 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 6093794)
We had the Raiders, Chargers, and Saints for the first 3 games last year. Two playoff caliber teams and one struggling team.

Denver is only giving up 6.5 PPG that is good no matter who you play. Cinci put up 31 points on the Packers earlier today.:)

This.

kcpasco 09-20-2009 06:21 PM

Quote:

Good, now hurry and get those superbowl tickets.

BigMeatballDave 09-20-2009 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco (Post 6093866)
This.

Surely YOU aren't as dumb as Homo is and actually think you have a play-off team, are you?

Quiet Storm 09-20-2009 06:24 PM

Quote:

after PITT whips you and sends you to 3-5, will you still be around?

kcpasco 09-20-2009 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quiet Storm (Post 6093878)

Thats why I don't ever understand posting shit like that on a rivals message board, its like your setting yourself up for abuse. Unless of course they really do win it all.

veist 09-20-2009 06:28 PM

Quote:

GB's defense isn't a powerhouse, Cinci wasn't Palmer out all preseason? And both Cle and Cin are going to be fighting for last in that division so its hard to call them juggernauts that you've held down. And lets not forget how badly coached both teams are.

Quiet Storm 09-20-2009 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcpasco (Post 6093898)
Thats why I don't ever understand posting shit like that on a rivals message board, its like your setting yourself up for abuse. Unless of course they really do win it all.

I just checked, they did in fact start out 3-0 last year. We all know how that turned out. LOL

Quesadilla Joe 09-20-2009 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quiet Storm (Post 6093878)

I don't see Denver losing many blowouts this year. Denver can beat any team in the NFL. I'm not saying that we definitely will beat the Steelers, but I will not be the least bit surprised if we beat them.

Denver still hasn't played up to their potential. The offense will keep getting better and better week in and week out.

Quesadilla Joe 09-20-2009 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quiet Storm (Post 6093908)
I just checked, they did in fact start out 3-0 last year. We all know how that turned out. LOL

We gave up 84 points the first 3 games of last season. We would have to let the Raiders score 71 points on us next week for us to give up that many points.

kcpasco 09-20-2009 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 6093910)
I don't see Denver losing many blowouts this year. Denver can beat any team in the NFL. I'm not saying that we definitely will beat the Steelers, but I will not be the least bit surprised if we beat them.

Denver still hasn't played up to their potential. The offense will keep getting better and better week in and week out.

I'm saving this post

Quesadilla Joe 09-20-2009 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by veist (Post 6093905)
GB's defense isn't a powerhouse, Cinci wasn't Palmer out all preseason? And both Cle and Cin are going to be fighting for last in that division so its hard to call them juggernauts that you've held down. And lets not forget how badly coached both teams are.

But but but Josh McDipshit has destroyed the Broncos because he is the worst coach of all time!

kstater 09-20-2009 06:33 PM

Quote:

Denver can beat any team in the NFL.

Without calling you a homer, or a dumbass, or reeruned, or blind, what are you basing this off of? Their prolific offense? Their ability to stop the mighty Bengals and Browns?

Quiet Storm 09-20-2009 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 6093918)
We gave up 84 points the first 3 games of last season. We would have to let the Raiders score 71 points on us next week for us to give up that many points.

who gives a shit? You guys are running a new defense. Once more tape gets out on it, your days are numbered. Your team personnel sucks on both sides of the ball but especially defense. Wow you stopped the vaunted attack of the Bungles (who weren't playing together during the preseason) and the shit-BROWNS.

Bravo.

Garcia Bronco 09-20-2009 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefDave (Post 6093874)
Surely YOU aren't as dumb as Homo is and actually think you have a play-off team, are you?

Where did I say that? Where did he say that in the post I quoted? If we put up 9 wins I like our chances.

kcpasco 09-20-2009 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quiet Storm (Post 6093937)
who gives a shit? You guys are running a new defense. Once more tape gets out on it, your days are numbered. Your team personnel sucks on both sides of the ball but especially defense. Wow you stopped the vaunted attack of the Bungles (who weren't playing together during the preseason) and the shit-BROWNS.

Bravo.

Dude the Browns are a ****ing juggernaut, quit hating

Garcia Bronco 09-20-2009 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by veist (Post 6093905)

Seriously...give credit where credit is due. An NFL defense starts out in a new system and holds two other NFL teams to at or under a tounchdown. That's good. That's great. The line between the best team and the worst team in the NFL is a thin one.

Quiet Storm 09-20-2009 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcpasco (Post 6093948)

Brady Quinn does strike fear into opposing defensive coordinators.

Quesadilla Joe 09-20-2009 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kstater (Post 6093927)
Without calling you a homer, or a dumbass, or reeruned, or blind, what are you basing this off of? Their prolific offense? Their ability to stop the mighty Bengals and Browns?

Brady Quinn started the first game of his NFL career against Denver last year and they put up 30 points.

99.9% of this message board would have told you last week that the Packers had a better defense than the Broncos... but Denver only gave up 7 points against the Bengals while the Packers gave up 31 against the Bengals.

Our team hasn't even played their best football yet. The offense will keep getting better and better. Brandon Marshall and Knowshon Moreno, arguably our two best players on offense, got very little reps in preseason and will get better each week.

Kyle Orton and Jabar Gaffney have been playing injured the first two weeks and as far as I know our starting RG still hasn't played a snap yet.

Quesadilla Joe 09-20-2009 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcpasco (Post 6093948)

The Browns aren't very good. The Bengals, on the other hand, are.

kcpasco 09-20-2009 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 6093979)
The Browns aren't very good. The Bengals, on the other hand, are.

Since when did the Bengals become dominate? Come back here when you dominate A D like the Giants or Pittsburgh and then i'll eat some crow.

Quesadilla Joe 09-20-2009 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcpasco (Post 6093986)
Since when did the Bengals become dominate? Come back here when you dominate A D like the Giants or Pittsburgh and then i'll eat some crow.

They are a borderline playoff team. Their defense is very underrated and having Carson Palmer, Coles, Ocho Cinco, and Chris Henry on your team isn't a bad thing.

Ugly Duck 09-20-2009 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefDave (Post 6093874)

I can see Denver as a playoff team.... if the door has closed on Sandy Eggo. Donks could take the division at 7-9.

Quiet Storm 09-20-2009 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 6093990)
They are a borderline playoff team. Their defense is very underrated and having Carson Palmer, Coles, Ocho Cinco, and Chris Henry on your team isn't a bad thing.

You continuously out-do yourself with outlandish remarks. Great job.

veist 09-20-2009 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ugly Duck (Post 6094004)
I can see Denver as a playoff team.... if the door has closed on Sandy Eggo. Donks could take the division at 7-9.

This, if the bolts are as bad as the early returns suggest (and this is a Norv team so hard to say for sure) the division probably isn't going to be won by a team better than 8-8.

Garcia Bronco 09-20-2009 07:42 PM

The Chargers play 4th quarter football. Don't expect them to cave.

Quiet Storm 09-20-2009 07:59 PM

well...we are signing chief cast-offs this late. Should be an exciting rest of the year.

The Chargers have been busy scouring the available defensive tackles they can plug in after Jamal Williams was placed on injured reserve.

On Monday, they will bring in Alfonso Boone, who was released earlier this month by the Kansas City Chiefs.

Boone, 33, has never played in a 3-4 defense. He did play for Chargers defensive coordinator Ron Rivera and defensive line coach Don Johnson in Chicago.

Boone (6-3, 305) started 19 games over the past two seasons for the Chiefs.

If Boone passes a physical, he could be signed today, or the Chargers could opt to move on to their next option. Sources said they have at least one other player in mind if they opt to not sign Boone.

Mile High Mania 09-21-2009 04:59 AM

These threads are funny.... it's two games, people. Two games. Denver has done what you would expect a team to do, they've defeated two teams that were perceived by many to be worse than Denver. If a team is 'good', they'll beat the teams they're supposed to beat. In recent years, Denver had problems beating those types of teams.

So, I'm tempering my enthusiasm for right now... Denver has started off 2-0 now for the last three seasons if I'm not mistaken. And, no playoffs.

This is a new team with a new coaching staff, new scheme and what, 30 new players on the roster from the final game of 2008? I think they're moving in the right direction, but I want to see how things look after the game vs Dallas in week 4. I want to have time to review during the bye week before I get all crazy pants at this point.

Mecca 09-21-2009 05:08 AM

I think Cincy is pretty underrated they finished 12th in total defense last year. With Palmer them winning 8 games isn't really far fetched.

Quesadilla Joe 09-21-2009 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 6095730)
I think Cincy is pretty underrated they finished 12th in total defense last year. With Palmer them winning 8 games isn't really far fetched.

Thank You Mecca!

HemiEd 09-21-2009 08:14 AM

Quote:

Get the **** out of here with this shit, **** you. Go suck on a big old chili dog or something, just leave.

Simply Red 09-21-2009 08:16 AM

don't care.

wild1 09-21-2009 08:23 AM

Who cares about Gallery, but without Ndami their defense definitely drops a notch.

Maybe not that popular of an opinion, but he might be the best corner in the game.

King_Chief_Fan 09-21-2009 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 6093974)
Brady Quinn started the first game of his NFL career against Denver last year and they put up 30 points.

99.9% of this message board would have told you last week that the Packers had a better defense than the Broncos... but Denver only gave up 7 points against the Bengals while the Packers gave up 31 against the Bengals.

Our team hasn't even played their best football yet. The offense will keep getting better and better. Brandon Marshall and Knowshon Moreno, arguably our two best players on offense, got very little reps in preseason and will get better each week.

Kyle Orton and Jabar Gaffney have been playing injured the first two weeks and as far as I know our starting RG still hasn't played a snap yet.

Still looking for vindication on a Chiefs board about how great your donkey team isROFL

Red Dawg 09-21-2009 08:46 AM

They won't make the playoffs.