ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Tickets Is Haley really "too angry"? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=218321)

Direckshun 11-17-2009 04:22 PM

Is Haley really "too angry"?

I don't see Haley as being too angry -- not any angrier than most of us are throughout games at some of the dumbass things this awful team does. He clearly has his pet peeves (hello delay of game), but for the most part he seems to be genuinely pissed at dumb mistakes and at players that simply can't get it done.

Another thing is that his anger is generally very fairly spread out -- he'll bitch out a scrub like Savage and franchise players like Cassel and Bowe within minutes of each other.

I keep reading everywhere, from the Chiefs blogosphere to Peter King, that this is an emotion that Haley will have to curb. I've heard it here from people on this team that Haley has to cool it or he risks losing the team.

Really? Intolerance of dumbass mistakes risks losing the team?

I'm sorry, but I sat through the seemingly endless patience of Dick Vermeil and the zen-like ignorance of Herm Edwards during games. Haley's temperament, considering how sick I'm becoming of how awful this team is, seems pitch perfect.

KCUnited 11-17-2009 04:26 PM

Bill Cowher can verbally abort a baby. I think its more of a fan base issue than Haley's issue.

Brock 11-17-2009 04:29 PM

He's no worse than Bill Parcells was early on. It just depends on whether he's actually teaching anybody anything.

big nasty kcnut 11-17-2009 04:31 PM

He not angry enough he should kick the ref curse at fatlock and do a cheerleader on the sideline.
Posted via Mobile Device

stevieray 11-17-2009 04:32 PM

...he's got to give as much as he takes...if he loses that balance, it won't matter.

I also think Arrowhead needs someone willing to be the asshole and kick people in the ass...nothing else has worked in forty years.

Demonpenz 11-17-2009 04:42 PM

as long as it's making the players better. screaming at players just makes them ignore it or sulk.

kaplin42 11-17-2009 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big nasty kcnut (Post 6270956)
do a cheerleader on the sideline.
Posted via Mobile Device

At least there would be a reason to watch the games.

KurtCobain 11-17-2009 04:47 PM

I'm just glad I don't have to see SD - 37 KC - 7 And then looking to a smiling coach on the sideline. Then I'd probably drink some bleach.

Be angry! This shit sucks!

Fish 11-17-2009 04:50 PM

Seems to me that a lot of people are of the feeling that since the last coach was a pansy, for some reason we have to have the opposite if we're going to win. But just because the coach is an angry ass, that doesn't automatically warrant respect from the players. That's the difference.

Haley has to find the happy balance. From afar, it looks as if he just resorts to anger in too many situations.

MichaelH 11-17-2009 04:52 PM

I don't think he's too angry. Twenty years ago this wouldn't be an issue. Political correctness has made people a bunch of soft assed pussies. I do think he needs to hire an offensive coordinator. He has WAY too much on his plate.

MOhillbilly 11-17-2009 04:53 PM

i like haley. other than the rah.rah. bullshit at his start i think the guy is doin a fair job.

Fish 11-17-2009 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichaelH (Post 6271042)
I don't think he's too angry. Twenty years ago this wouldn't be an issue. Political correctness has made people a bunch of soft assed pussies. I do think he needs to hire an offensive coordinator. He has WAY too much on his plate.

This isn't 20 years ago though. You can't treat the players the same way players were treated 20 years ago and expect the same results. Times have changed. Longing for yesteryear doesn't make it so. Women aren't all housewives anymore either. Try treating your wife like women were treated 20 years ago and see how far that gets you.....

Tiger's Fan 11-17-2009 04:58 PM

Mean people suck.

Haley makes babies cry. He's the debil.

Demonpenz 11-17-2009 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Fish (Post 6271058)
This isn't 20 years ago though. You can't treat the players the same way players were treated 20 years ago and expect the same results. Times have changed. Longing for yesteryear doesn't make it so. Women aren't all housewives anymore either. Try treating your wife like women were treated 20 years ago and see how far that gets you.....

twenty years ago was 1989 LMAO

Simply Red 11-17-2009 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 6270949)
He's no worse than Bill Parcells was early on. It just depends on whether he's actually teaching anybody anything.

pretty good post, there.

Tactical Funky 11-17-2009 05:01 PM

If you're getting paid millions to play a freakin' game and screw up or have a brainfart that costs/may cost your team, then I think it's only fair for you to get verbally berated in response. Just like a drill sargeant; break 'em down and build 'em back up.

Suck it up, gentlemen.

Demonpenz 11-17-2009 05:02 PM

20 years ago we already had a woman running for vice president

talastan 11-17-2009 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big nasty kcnut (Post 6270956)
do a cheerleader on the sideline.
Posted via Mobile Device

This post is worthless without....oh nevermind. :)

DaneMcCloud 11-17-2009 05:02 PM

His problem isn't with the yelling. It's losing his cool and making bad decisions because he's unfocused.

Hopefully, he'll continue to grow into the head coaching position.

With the group of players he's been given to coach, I'd be pissed off, too.

Simply Red 11-17-2009 05:04 PM

I love it (actually) when they show him implode on the sidelines.

DaWolf 11-17-2009 05:09 PM

Gunther Cunningham used to cuss everyone out of the building but people loved him. Haley has just been painted as out of control by the media. I think people here are afraid that he just screams at people to get things done, and that modern athletes don't respect that. But from what I've actually seen, that's not how he does things. And if all he did was scream at players and get pissed off, there is no way he'd have this job, let alone an offensive coordinator job or working for Parcells in any capacity...

DaneMcCloud 11-17-2009 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaWolf (Post 6271112)
Gunther Cunningham used to cuss everyone out of the building but people loved him.

Those people were wrong.

Cunningham was and still is a stooge.

Quote:

Haley has just been painted as out of control by the media.

Yeah, right. Because when Haley's often caught on the sidelines of a game yelling, screaming and cussing at players and coaches, it's the "media" that paints him as out of control.

Like it's not obvious to the untrained eye.

Quote:

I think people here are afraid that he just screams at people to get things done, and that modern athletes don't respect that.

Without results, they don't and won't. The screaming will only go so far without positive results.

Quote:

But from what I've actually seen, that's not how he does things. And if all he did was scream at players and get pissed off, there is no way he'd have this job, let alone an offensive coordinator job or working for Parcells in any capacity...

Gimme a break. The NFL is all about fraternity. Who did Haley "coach up" at Dallas or Chicago? Haley didn't call the plays his first season in Arizona and as a matter of fact, they're a better team this year without Haley and Pendergast.

Haley got the job for one reason: His relationship with Pioli. I'm fine with that. But the guy needs to find a way to better coach his quarterbacks, his offense and his entire football team.

Otherwise, he won't be a head football coach for long.

MichaelH 11-17-2009 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Fish (Post 6271058)

I treat my wife just like I treated her 20 years ago when we were dating. With respect and dignity. And like a goddess most of the time. But a bunch of over paid athletes need their balls rubbed in the dirt when they mess up. If it hurts, they can go flip burgers for all I care. If you don't fix the problem, you get a whole mess of Larry Johnson's, TO's, OCHOCINCO's and every other known locker room cancer. Now, they get by on talent and attitude gets thrown out the window. Haley is being named the next Parcells and I applaud it.

LaChapelle 11-17-2009 05:27 PM

He's bullheaded and everytime he looks on the field he sees red. What the **** do you expect lol

DaWolf 11-17-2009 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 6271133)
Gimme a break. The NFL is all about fraternity. Who did Haley "coach up" at Dallas or Chicago? Haley didn't call the plays his first season in Arizona and as a matter of fact, they're a better team this year without Haley and Pendergast.

Haley got the job for one reason: His relationship with Pioli. I'm fine with that. But the guy needs to find a way to better coach his quarterbacks, his offense and his entire football team.

Otherwise, he won't be a head football coach for long.

Hey, he's 2-7, you get no argument regarding the job he's done so far.

I really don't think what he did or didn't do has any bearing on his ability. You could have made similar arguments against Sean Payton before he got the job in New Orleans. Harbaugh was a ST coach before the Ravens hired him. Tomlin was a DC for one year before getting hired.

I'm saying you probably aren't going to be working in the NFL and moving up the ladder if you have no coaching ability. Haley may end up being a good head coach, or it may turn out that the Peter Principle applies here and he should be no more than an Offensive Coordinator at best. We'll see. If he doesn't improve from where he is now, he'll never make it as a Head Coach. And that improvement will obviously start with the hires he needs to make in the offseason and the adjustments he needs to make with his own approach...

ToxSocks 11-17-2009 05:41 PM

He has this team playing pretty good football right now, they just aren't talented enough.

At least they play hard, maintain there responsabilities (most of the time) and never quit.

If they can maintain that attitude and add some playmakers, Haley and this team will be fine.

And you can see how they become much more energetic and explosive once they start having success.

I think the coaching is there. The playcalling needs work and we need to add a lot more talent to the team.

Fish 11-17-2009 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichaelH (Post 6271149)
I treat my wife just like I treated her 20 years ago when we were dating. With respect and dignity. And like a goddess most of the time. But a bunch of over paid athletes need their balls rubbed in the dirt when they mess up. If it hurts, they can go flip burgers for all I care. If you don't fix the problem, you get a whole mess of Larry Johnson's, TO's, OCHOCINCO's and every other known locker room cancer. Now, they get by on talent and attitude gets thrown out the window.

Ahhhhh... OK. So this is millionaire hatred? You want them treated like shit because you don't think they deserve their money.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichaelH (Post 6271149)
Haley is being named the next Parcells and I applaud it.

Whoahh whoooaaah.... What?

DaWolf 11-17-2009 05:59 PM

I think the bottom line is he has a style, some guys (TO) can't handle that style, and other (Fitzgerald, Keyshawn, Warner) seem perfectly fine with that style. That's why a coach wants "his guys", because he knows they will be receptive and work hard in the environment he is building and the way he coaches.

Speaking of Keyshawn, here's what he said earlier this year on Haley, seems to fit:

Quote:

Haley's relationship with Keyshawn Johnson, the former star wide receiver, didn't always travel on calm waters while Haley was Johnson's position coach with the New York Jets and Dallas Cowboys. Johnson is outspoken, and Haley doesn't back down. Sometimes an explosion can't be avoided.

But from that, Haley and Johnson somehow established mutual respect. Haley says that Johnson is among the best he's coached, and Johnson said Haley possesses a great number of skills that make him perfect for a job as intimidating as turning the Chiefs into a winner.

One of them, Johnson said, is patience.

Johnson said Haley's approach, nonconformist as it sometimes is, seems to attract success. Johnson, who's now an NFL analyst for ESPN, listed Haley's previous stops -- the Jets, Chicago, Dallas and Arizona -- as teams that improved while Haley was on the staff. He saw how those turnarounds were made, Johnson said, and he paid attention.

Still, Johnson said, Haley's patience could be tested this season like never before.

"You have to understand what they're trying to get done there. It's a long process that's going to take a couple of years," Johnson said. "This year, speaking with Todd and knowing Todd, he doesn't want to look at it as a lost year -- as a rebuilding, lost year. For all intents and purposes, it is.

"I know the talent pool they have; it's not very good right now. This team will probably win four games. But that will say a lot going forward. You have to take baby steps before you can take giant steps."

Johnson said Haley learned something else from those previous jobs: that regardless of what a coach thinks he knows about his team, sometimes he has to make jarring changes at uncomfortable times. Stubborn as Haley occasionally appears, his decision to remove Gailey as coordinator and cut a group of linemen will be seen either as desperation moves or the latest extreme step toward jerking a drifting team back toward the road, sentimentality and conventional beliefs be damned.

"It's not going to be an instant fix," Johnson said. "If I'm in that locker room, I probably would have to understand that."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09256...#ixzz0XAF7HfTd

DaneMcCloud 11-17-2009 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaWolf (Post 6271178)
I really don't think what he did or didn't do has any bearing on his ability. You could have made similar arguments against Sean Payton before he got the job in New Orleans.

No, you couldn't. Payton was the OC of the Giants when they were in the 2000 Super Bowl. He was later the assistant head coach of the Dallas Cowboys. He most certainly earned his position.

Quote:

Harbaugh was a ST coach before the Ravens hired him.

Harbaugh was the Special Teams coordinator for 9 years before moving to defensive backs for 2 years. He spent 11 years in Philly.

Quote:

Tomlin was a DC for one year before getting hired.

Tomlin was the defensive backs coach in Tampa under Gruden and twice lead the league in yardage by secondaries. He was the DC in Minnesota before being hired by Pittsburgh.

All three of the guys you mentioned spent far more time in the coaching ranks than Haley. Does that mean that Haley won't succeed? No. But comparing those men to Haley is tenuous at best.

Quote:

I'm saying you probably aren't going to be working in the NFL and moving up the ladder if you have no coaching ability. Haley may end up being a good head coach, or it may turn out that the Peter Principle applies here and he should be no more than an Offensive Coordinator at best. We'll see. If he doesn't improve from where he is now, he'll never make it as a Head Coach. And that improvement will obviously start with the hires he needs to make in the offseason and the adjustments he needs to make with his own approach...

The problem with Haley as I see it is that the doesn't have enough experience in the league to be able to handle the head coaching duties, offensive coordinator duties and QB coaching duties. All three of those areas have been well below average this year.

The decision to separate those duties next year will weigh heavily into his success as a head coach.

DeezNutz 11-17-2009 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 6271073)
twenty years ago was 1989 LMAO

Shit was real in '89. Downtown Overland Park, Video Library on 87th...we didn't **** around.

Oxford 11-17-2009 07:40 PM

Not at all. I think he has to establish this pattern this year, and then back off next year. Yelling all of the time becomes predictable and has less impact over time. This is a lot like basic training, "break em down", then "build them back". The real question is how does Haley react when he is confronted by a player for a legitimate reason. How he handles that will speak more than "yelling on the sideline"

Fairplay 11-17-2009 07:47 PM

yes

beach tribe 11-17-2009 07:52 PM

I love it.

Damn right. With the crap these guys do, I'd be pissed if he didn't give them a:
What The ****!!!!!!!! every now, and then.

Players do hate it, but they also respond to it.

RNR 11-17-2009 08:01 PM

He reminds me of Gruden, he has a natural animation of emotion. He also seems like he is playing for camera now and it comes off disingenuous to me. Gruden was passionate and animated and then it became rehearsed. Haley seems to be getting a case of the big head and with what he has accomplished it is a bit premature IMO

Mama Hip Rockets 11-17-2009 08:03 PM

if he wasn't such a dumbass himself, nobody would care that he's angry. but i don't see why he yells at the players for screwing up, say, a draw play that he called on 3rd and 9.

GoHuge 11-17-2009 08:23 PM

I think this anger issue is way over blown. You saw him explode on Bowe for adding to the litany of his stupid on sunday in a crucial situation. From what I could see it was you ****er, ****er, ****er but i'm not a lip reading expert. Right when they come back from commercial he's sitting with Bowe calmly talking and explaining what he did wrong. We see maybe ten percent of the interaction between these people and it's during crunch time. Of course with Arrowhead being Fort Knox we're not going to ever get an inside look at what really goes on. My point is if Todd was really angry all the time and treated these guys like garbage they wouldn't respond at all and we'd hear more grumblings. Just look at Water's bitch fit to fatass. If these guys where really being abused we would hear about it, but I do agree that Todd needs to check his out burst on the sideline a little bit, which he readily admits. I know the haters will say he does it so much he should, but I've never heard an NFL coach own up to the mistakes he's made more quickly than Todd. I respect a guy that says he's not perfect and has got to get better himself. The people here that don't like him just don't like him for whatever reason they don't. I think the guy has what it takes and alot of the people here will have to find a new gripe when he starts winning. He's in a no win right now. Even if the guy ends up with five wins with basically the same talent as last year the haters would just say it's because Herm was so bad. Everyone knows what a mess he inherited but since it's not fixed in nine games and there's no more Herm and Carl the Bitchers here have to spew their drivel at somebody. It's what they do.....I'm probably next on their list for not being on their bash all the time bandwagon. Flame away!
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-17-2009 08:33 PM

Meh. Results inconclusive.

OnTheWarpath15 11-17-2009 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 6270957)
...he's got to give as much as he takes...if he loses that balance, it won't matter.

That's part of the issue, Steve.

He has no problem dishing it out, but can't seem to take it.

He had no problem screaming at Cassel for the botched exchange with Charles, or at Bowe for supposedly lining up incorrectly.

But when Mo Carthon apparently makes a comment about calling a timeout when you know the opposition is calling a QB sneak, and have it defensed perfectly, only to see that TO called as the play is being shut down - and then seeing Haley go ballistic at Mo for calling him out on his mistake - that's not balance.

Just because he owns up to mistakes in the media after the fact doesn't absolve him of not being able to take the same criticism he dishes out on the field on gameday.

DeezNutz 11-17-2009 08:40 PM

I have no problem with a HC demanding perfection and then being an absolute cluster****, himself, on Sundays.

"Apparently, you don't want to coach today!"

**** these rich athletes. Long on the two-yard deep post.

OnTheWarpath15 11-17-2009 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 6271540)
"Apparently, you don't want to coach today!"

ROFL

Chiefnj2 11-17-2009 08:47 PM

Every time Haley gets angry he calls a 3rd and long draw play.

Easy 6 11-17-2009 08:55 PM

Kansas City... the name itself evokes a 1000 rugged images, a true Gateway to the wild, Wild West... Wyatt Earp walked those streets dispensing frontier justice... a city built on the backs on some of the most rugged, rawboned roving cowboys, gamblers, shady guns for hire and hardy settlers to have ever walked on Gods green Earth...

Yet what is hairlipping the descendants (literal/nearby/in spirit), of this gritty, unfazed by hardship and coarse manner American stock?...yup, you guessed it pard... a few curse words,from a man that doesnt cotton to halfassed effort, a fighting spirit that wants to WIN so badly that he just cant hide it...

For those that think this is such a terrible thing, reach down, grab your balls and workboots, take a deep breath and get a grip.

DeezNutz 11-17-2009 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 6271566)
Kansas City... the name itself evokes a 1000 rugged images, a true Gateway to the wild, Wild West... Wyatt Earp walked those streets dispensing frontier justice... a city built on the backs on some of the most rugged, rawboned roving cowboys, gamblers, shady guns for hire and hardy settlers to have ever walked on Gods green Earth...

Yet what is hairlipping the descendants (literal/nearby/in spirit), of this gritty, unfazed by hardship and coarse manner American stock?...yup, you guessed it pard... a few curse words,from a man that doesnt cotton to halfassed effort, a fighting spirit that wants to WIN so badly that he just cant hide it...

For those that think this is such a terrible thing, reach down, grab your balls and workboots, take a deep breath and get a grip.

This post got me so fired up when I was playing Madden that I called a QB draw on 4th and 2 in my own end.

Cause those pussy-ass players better sack up.

DaWolf 11-17-2009 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 6271230)
No, you couldn't. Payton was the OC of the Giants when they were in the 2000 Super Bowl. He was later the assistant head coach of the Dallas Cowboys. He most certainly earned his position.

Harbaugh was the Special Teams coordinator for 9 years before moving to defensive backs for 2 years. He spent 11 years in Philly.

Tomlin was the defensive backs coach in Tampa under Gruden and twice lead the league in yardage by secondaries. He was the DC in Minnesota before being hired by Pittsburgh.

All three of the guys you mentioned spent far more time in the coaching ranks than Haley. Does that mean that Haley won't succeed? No. But comparing those men to Haley is tenuous at best.

The problem with Haley as I see it is that the doesn't have enough experience in the league to be able to handle the head coaching duties, offensive coordinator duties and QB coaching duties. All three of those areas have been well below average this year.

The decision to separate those duties next year will weigh heavily into his success as a head coach.

Dane, c'mon. Look it up. Haley has been coaching in the NFL at least as long if not longer than Payton. They were both offensive coordinators of losing super bowl teams, they were both "passing game coordinators" under Parcells in Dallas. When Payton got hired by the Saints he had less years of NFL coaching experience (1997-2005) than Haley had when hired here (1997-2008). Payton also was demoted from his OC role in NY due to ineffectiveness.

Haley has been in the NFL for 14 years. That's more than Harbaugh (98-08) or Payton or Tomlin (01-09). So how did they spend more time coaching in the NFL than Haley when they didn't?

I 100% agree that he should not have taken on and should not in the future be doing all three jobs, I think that is just asking for disaster and it certainly has been a part of 2-7. But I don't think it has anything to do with lack of experience...

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-17-2009 09:02 PM

The old west.
Not much left anymore, just a few dusty mementos and legends; LOTS of legends.

Though not all of 'em square with the facts.

That's why Time/Life is proud to present "The Old West Collection".
John Wesley Hardin. Once shot a man just for snorin' too loud!

RNR 11-17-2009 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 6271566)

Wyatt Earp had little to do with KC but a quality rant none the less~

Easy 6 11-17-2009 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedNeckRaider (Post 6271590)
Wyatt Earp had little to do with KC but a quality rant none the less~

You're right of course, he wasnt there long & didnt make his name there... but it fit into my rant perfectly IMO :D.

Easy 6 11-17-2009 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raised On Riots (Post 6271588)
The old west.
Not much left anymore, just a few dusty mementos and legends; LOTS of legends.

Though not all of 'em square with the facts.

That's why Time/Life is proud to present "The Old West Collection".
John Wesley Hardin. Once shot a man just for snorin' too loud!

...LMAO

I remember that.

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-17-2009 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 6271636)
...LMAO

I remember that.

I had a feeling you would.:D

DaneMcCloud 11-17-2009 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaWolf (Post 6271577)
Dane, c'mon. Look it up. Haley has been coaching in the NFL at least as long if not longer than Payton. They were both offensive coordinators of losing super bowl teams, they were both "passing game coordinators" under Parcells in Dallas. When Payton got hired by the Saints he had less years of NFL coaching experience (1997-2005) than Haley had when hired here (1997-2008). Payton also was demoted from his OC role in NY due to ineffectiveness.

Haley has been in the NFL for 14 years. That's more than Harbaugh (98-08) or Payton or Tomlin (01-09). So how did they spend more time coaching in the NFL than Haley when they didn't?

I 100% agree that he should not have taken on and should not in the future be doing all three jobs, I think that is just asking for disaster and it certainly has been a part of 2-7. But I don't think it has anything to do with lack of experience...

The difference being that outside of Fitzgerald (which is questionable), who had Haley "coached up"? Furthermore, Payton spent a great deal of his career as an OC and QB coach.

Haley was an OC for one year. The rest of the time he spent coaching was as a WR coach.

The bottom line in my opinion is that Payton was far more prepared than Haley to become a head coach and shouldn't be compared to him when talking about coaches with similar experience before landing a head coaching gig.

OnTheWarpath15 11-17-2009 10:34 PM

LMAO

http://cdn.ksk.uproxx.com/wp-content...-a-penalty.jpg

Coach 11-17-2009 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 6271837)

Heh, that's awesome.

chiefzilla1501 11-17-2009 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tactical Funky (Post 6271081)
If you're getting paid millions to play a freakin' game and screw up or have a brainfart that costs/may cost your team, then I think it's only fair for you to get verbally berated in response. Just like a drill sargeant; break 'em down and build 'em back up.

Suck it up, gentlemen.

It has nothing to do with people growing a pair of balls.

It's about players that play tentative because they don't want to make a mistake and get chewed out. It's about coaches who become afraid to oppose him because he'll either chew you out or fire you.

There has to be a happy balance. In his defense, I like that he's spent a lot of time in press conferences praising his players for practicing hard. And that he admits to mistakes. That makes me at least hopeful that he's willing to throw a bone every once in a while.

Hammock Parties 11-18-2009 12:57 AM

No. He got mad at Bowe...but five minutes later he was calmly talking to him on the bench.

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-18-2009 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs (Post 6272239)
No. He got mad at Bowe...but five minutes later he was calmly talking to him on the bench.

New theme please. Warpaint Beauty does not meet minimum standards for Planet Kick Ass-ness.:evil:

Hammock Parties 11-18-2009 01:15 AM

It's no more bizarre than pimp tukel.

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-18-2009 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs (Post 6272266)
It's no more bizarre than pimp tukel.

ROFL

<<<<<< "Pimp Tukel ain't havin' it in THIS house, cause' bitch he'll cripple yo' styyyyyle".

googlegoogle 11-18-2009 02:56 AM

He doesn't yell at Alberts.

Look at who he slaps around - D.Bowe,Our backup qb.