ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life I Need Some Good JuJu Here Guys... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=223340)

Gonzo 02-12-2010 11:31 AM

I Need Some Good JuJu Here Guys...

Well, Shit...

It's been a rough few months for the Gonzo clan and I could use some good Mojo...

I found out a few days ago that my mother has a baseball sized growth on her right kidney.
The Doc said he's seen this before and it's likely not Cancer, (I don't know what the hell it would be, a cyst perhaps). Apparently, the treatment for this involves injecting a small radioactive rod into the growth and killing the infected tissue. Unfortunately, this will likely kill the kidney as well.
This usually wouldn't worry me much because my mother was always a very strong woman. However, since her retirement about 8 years ago her health has steadily gone down hill.
My mom's a great person, she worked as a CNA for over 30 years while moving every 1-3 years for my dad so he could further is millitary career.
Lifting Senior Citizens in and out of bathtubs and off of toilets for that long has taken it's toll on her.

They both retired at a fairly young age and have been able to enjoy it until recently.

At this point you pray for small victories.

All of this crap coupled with my job worries, worries for my son and all the other bullshit I deal with daily wears a guy out.

One thing I'll say is that Lumpy has been awesome with all of this. She's been a great help and very supportive. She absolutely loves my parents and is always there for them.

Another bright spot is that I'm being considered for a promotion.
Funny how things like this go, I'm either worried about getting canned or I'm excited for a new opportunity. WTF?

I was going to take an extended break from this place but I am in need of the stress relief that CP provides so I'll be in and out.
(gimme my $$$ back Sofaking)
I try not to share too many personal issues on here but with all of the support you guys have given me, it's only fair I keep you updated.

Mr. Flopnuts 02-12-2010 11:33 AM

I almost started the prayer thread but I figured that enough people would know who it was for. I believe in the power of prayers, and good thoughts so I'm glad you did this.

You've got mine, but you already know that.

I am glad to hear that the work thing has already turned around.

RJ 02-12-2010 11:35 AM

I am mustering up all the positive mojo I can and telepathically projecting it your your way.

Can you point me in the right direction for MVP city?

Gonzo 02-12-2010 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 6527205)
I almost started the prayer thread but I figured that enough people would know who it was for. I believe in the power of prayers, and good thoughts so I'm glad you did this.

You've got mine, but you already know that.

I appreciate you being there man.

It helps a lot.

Mr. Flopnuts 02-12-2010 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RJ (Post 6527209)
I am mustering up all the positive mojo I can and telepathically projecting it your your way.

NE

Buehler445 02-12-2010 11:36 AM

Best of luck dude. You know where to find me if you need anything.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Flopnuts 02-12-2010 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 6527211)
I appreciate you being there man.

It helps a lot.

Listen, I don't like people thinking that I'm deceiving them. So just to be clear, I'm doing it for the sex.

Gonzo 02-12-2010 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RJ (Post 6527209)

Omaha...

It's easy to locate. Just look in the general vicinity. When you smell rotting corn and cow shit, you got it...

RJ 02-12-2010 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 6527212)
NE

Done. Good mojo is now cresting the Sandia Mountains and soon will be crossing high desert country.

RJ 02-12-2010 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 6527217)
Omaha...

It's easy to locate. Just look in the general vicinity. When you smell rotting corn and cow shit, you got it...

Ahhhh.....home of the meat packers!

Gonzo 02-12-2010 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 6527216)
Listen, I don't like people thinking that I'm deceiving them. So just to be clear, I'm doing it for the sex.

ROFL

I ALMOST posted something regarding your facebook being conjoined with known homosexual activity but decided to take the high road.

You asshat.

Gonzo 02-12-2010 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RJ (Post 6527223)
Ahhhh.....home of the meat packers!

I'm a mizzou fan stuck in cornholer city.

Mr. Flopnuts 02-12-2010 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 6527225)
ROFL

I ALMOST posted something regarding your facebook being conjoined with known homosexual activity but decided to take the high road.

You asshat.

LMAO Never do that again. If you don't take your opportunities, I will steal them from you. :D

Iowanian 02-12-2010 11:38 AM

Good things happen to Good people Gonzo.

Here is to a strong rally by the Gonzo family.

Gonzo 02-12-2010 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 6527227)
LMAO Never do that again. If you don't take your opportunities, I will steal them from you. :D
Posted via Anal Stimulation Device

So I see....

(You put me up over the 1,000,000 mark on rep btw, I'm fairly certain 300,000 of those points came from you)

BigRedChief 02-12-2010 11:44 AM

MVP's can't take breaks.:shake:

but, seriously, positive thoughts heading your way.

Mr. Flopnuts 02-12-2010 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 6527234)
So I see....

(You put me up over the 1,000,000 mark on rep btw, I'm fairly certain 300,000 of those points came from you)

You're the only person on the front page in rep totals with under 10k posts, and no vagina. What does that tell you? It tells me that you have a soggy butthole.

:eek:

Mr. Flopnuts 02-12-2010 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 6527243)
You're the only person on the front page in rep totals with under 10k posts, and no vagina. What does that tell you? It tells me that you have a soggy butthole.

:eek:

I apologize. I was just having an awkward moment to see how it felt.

Gonzo 02-12-2010 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 6527258)
I apologize. I was just having an awkward moment to see how it felt.

ROFL

"Bob" Dobbs 02-12-2010 11:59 AM

Thoughts and prayers from the House-O-Dobbs, Gonzo, Lumpy & kid! (and mom!)

kc rush 02-12-2010 12:01 PM

Good luck to your mom and on your possible promotion.

Gonzo 02-12-2010 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 6527215)
Best of luck dude. You know where to find me if you need anything.
Posted via Mobile Device

Dude...

Check your PM's.

Thx.

SDChiefs 02-12-2010 12:18 PM

My prayers to the Gonzo family. With your mom, the fact that its not cancer is a good sign. I hope she pulls through it and is stronger because of it. The job situation I think a lot of people are going through that so you can take solace in the "misery loves company" aspect. Its shitty right now but I am sure you will pull through it and hopefully get the raise. Good luck to you bro.

Kyle DeLexus 02-12-2010 12:36 PM

Gonzo, I wish you and yours all the best.

Gifts have been offered to Asclepius.

Gonzo 02-12-2010 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle DeLexus (Post 6527357)
Gonzo, I wish you and yours all the best.

Gifts have been offered to Asclepius.

Gotta love I.E. 8...

Left click, highlight Asclepius.
Right click, search with google.

Thanks man.

rockymtnchief 02-12-2010 12:42 PM

Magic Montana Mojo being sent your way. Best wishes!

burt 02-12-2010 12:49 PM

MO JO...JU JU....SENT!

Lono 02-12-2010 12:54 PM

Good luck with the promotion Gonzo. Prayers your way for your moms.

Sofa King 02-12-2010 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 6527199)
Well, Shit...

It's been a rough few months for the Gonzo clan and I could use some good Mojo...

I found out a few days ago that my mother has a baseball sized growth on her right kidney.
The Doc said he's seen this before and it's likely not Cancer, (I don't know what the hell it would be, a cyst perhaps). Apparently, the treatment for this involves injecting a small radioactive rod into the growth and killing the infected tissue. Unfortunately, this will likely kill the kidney as well.
This usually wouldn't worry me much because my mother was always a very strong woman. However, since her retirement about 8 years ago her health has steadily gone down hill.
My mom's a great person, she worked as a CNA for over 30 years while moving every 1-3 years for my dad so he could further is millitary career.
Lifting Senior Citizens in and out of bathtubs and off of toilets for that long has taken it's toll on her.

They both retired at a fairly young age and have been able to enjoy it until recently.

At this point you pray for small victories.

All of this crap coupled with my job worries, worries for my son and all the other bullshit I deal with daily wears a guy out.

One thing I'll say is that Lumpy has been awesome with all of this. She's been a great help and very supportive. She absolutely loves my parents and is always there for them.

Another bright spot is that I'm being considered for a promotion.
Funny how things like this go, I'm either worried about getting canned or I'm excited for a new opportunity. WTF?

I was going to take an extended break from this place but I am in need of the stress relief that CP provides so I'll be in and out.
[SIZE="1"](gimme my $$$ back Sofaking)[/SIZE]
I try not to share too many personal issues on here but with all of the support you guys have given me, it's only fair I keep you updated.

what? i can't hear you?

i lost it all... all i have left is my own

Gonzo 02-12-2010 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 6527405)
what? i can't hear you?

i lost it all... all i have left is my own

Posted Via Douchebag Device.

LMAO

It's all good...

bevischief 02-12-2010 01:12 PM

Mojo/juju headed your way.

Good mojo/juju for the promotion and good mojo/juju for your mom and good mojo/juju for the rest of family.

Sofa King 02-12-2010 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 6527408)
LMAO

It's all good...

i see what you did there.... did you get my transfers???

my bank is feeling light again...

Bearcat 02-12-2010 01:23 PM

Good luck with everything, Gonzo. And when I say everything....

http://cdn.holytaco.com/www/sites/de.../12/lego_1.jpg

Rain Man 02-12-2010 01:25 PM

Between all these challenges and being named MVP, it seems like kind of a wash for you so far this year. Good luck, though.

TrebMaxx 02-12-2010 01:27 PM

I will reach back into my JuJu reserves and send your way Gonzo. Hope everything works out OK for you and your family.

Duck Dog 02-12-2010 02:01 PM

As alway's positive thoughts are being sent your way. You are good peeps in my book and I'm a firm believer in Karma. Best of luck my camo wearing brother.
You can some of my MOJO, but wife has a firm grip on my JUJU's. Sorry.

Iowanian 02-12-2010 02:08 PM

Gonzo,

I know I get where it seems like things are piling up, and it rarely fails that when I think I'm getting close to my breaking point....something good happens.

Lose a contract and wonder what I'm going to do...family health issues...yada yada yada....and then you'll catch a break...an unexpected contract that is better than what you lost, a promotion....and sometimes, even with the bad things like sickness, it gives you time to focus on what is important and let those people know you appreciate them.

hang in there, be a rock for your family....and come to CP and make up insults to call strangers to vent your frustrations. It works.

Fritz88 02-12-2010 02:15 PM

You got my prayers Gonzo. You deserve good things happening to you.

Good luck and keep us updated.

Crush 02-12-2010 03:04 PM

Prayers headed your way Gonzo.

Inspector 02-12-2010 03:08 PM

Prayers are easy and very effective.

Watch.

See?

Best wishes for you and your family. All is going to turn out well.

Gonzo 02-12-2010 03:10 PM

Thanks Guys...
This is why I just can't stay away from this place for very long.

I personally think that when spring gets here, everything will start falling into place.

I used to think that "Seasonal Effective Disorder" or whatever it's called was bullshit. Now? Not so much.

Duck Dog 02-12-2010 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 6527652)
Thanks Guys...

I personally think that when spring gets here, everything will start falling into place.

I used to think that "Seasonal Effective Disorder" or whatever it's called was bullshit. Now? Not so much.

When spring gets here you can take out on a gobbler.

Over-Head 02-12-2010 10:36 PM

Mo Jo MO Jo MO JO :thumb:

Buehler445 02-12-2010 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 6527294)
Dude...

Check your PM's.

Thx.

It took awhile, but I got back to you. Sorry, I was kind of busy today.

Easy 6 02-12-2010 10:56 PM

All my best juju to your mother & family Gonzo... stay positive man.

CosmicPal 02-12-2010 11:05 PM

Gonzo...best of luck to you, man. I know this is cliche' but things do happen for a reason and things always turn around. It helps to have friends and family support you when things are at your worst and I hope the Planet can help you. I, for one, will pray for you.

luv 02-12-2010 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 6527506)
Gonzo,

I know I get where it seems like things are piling up, and it rarely fails that when I think I'm getting close to my breaking point....something good happens.

Lose a contract and wonder what I'm going to do...family health issues...yada yada yada....and then you'll catch a break...an unexpected contract that is better than what you lost, a promotion....and sometimes, even with the bad things like sickness, it gives you time to focus on what is important and let those people know you appreciate them.

hang in there, be a rock for your family....and come to CP and make up insults to call strangers to vent your frustrations. It works.

You must have a LOT of frustration. :p

luv 02-12-2010 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 6527652)
Thanks Guys...

People used to wonder why I shared so much stuff on here, especially when catching shit for sharing my stupidity. No one is harsher on me than I am. Sometimes, some things people say make you think. Other times, arguing helps you get frustrations out as well. Most important, there's always at least one person on here who seems to understand.

Hope all ens up well for you and yours.

Tribal Warfare 02-13-2010 12:05 AM

http://thecitylovesyou.com/cinerex/w...roe-poster.jpg

You called

Titty Meat 02-13-2010 12:12 AM

It'll all work itself out Gonzo. Goodluck your way.

Tylerthigpen!1! 02-13-2010 01:47 AM

Is it PKD (Polycystic Kidney Disease)?

milkman 02-13-2010 08:16 AM

In with some ju ju coming your way.

Extra Point 02-13-2010 08:32 AM

Pos mojo to you and yours, bro!

Braincase 02-13-2010 08:37 AM

{Prayers}

Gonzo 02-13-2010 02:33 PM

Thanks all. I'm in a pretty good mood today. Lumpy bought me the best valentines day gift evah!

She got me a brand new PSE Stinger bow, a dozen Easton carbon arrows, a new release, field tips, an arrow rest and a new Block target.
She shoots bows so she knew what the hell she was doing.
I just got done putting it together and it shoots twice as fast as my old bow.
Today is a good day.
Posted via deadly Device

Bwana 02-13-2010 02:40 PM

Grrr, missed this one. Hang in there bud! Things Will get better.

Gonzo 02-13-2010 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 6529571)
Grrr, missed this one. Hang in there bud! Things Will get better.

They're starting to already. Any day you get a new weapon is a good day man.
Posted via Mobile Device

Halfcan 02-13-2010 03:14 PM

Best wishes to you and your family.

Gonzo 02-16-2010 09:31 AM

Thanks for all the nice words gang...

I need a little more good Mojo.

Today is a big day. My mom goes in for her MRI to find out WTF the deal is.

Also,
I interview today for the promotion, I have been on needles for two days.
Reason being, The department I currently work in is folding in two weeks, (I was notified of this yesterday). Therefore, I either get a promotion or I'm out of a job.

Please send me the good Juju.
Thanks

stumppy 02-16-2010 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 6535872)

Also,
Reason being, The department I currently work in is folding in two weeks, (I was notified of this yesterday). Therefore, I either get a promotion or I'm out of a job.

Thanks

Well settle down damnit. you don't want to go in there like you actually need the job. Make sure you leave them thinking they were fortunate you graced them with your prescence.

The Franchise 02-16-2010 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 6535872)

Also,

Thanks

Good luck man....sorry I missed this the first time around.

Gonzo 02-16-2010 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stumppy (Post 6535914)
Well settle down damnit. you don't want to go in there like you actually need the job. Make sure you leave them thinking they were fortunate you graced them with your prescence.

ROFL

That's right. I'm the shit.

I'll be all like, "Hey, you need me."
They'd respond with, "Why?"
I'd reply, "Cause I'm the fukin man."

Hells ya. SUCK IT!

stumppy 02-16-2010 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 6535932)
ROFL

Hells ya. SUCK IT!

Now git me some coffee biatch.

FYP

Gonzo 02-16-2010 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stumppy (Post 6535942)
FYP

LMAO

Gonzo 02-16-2010 11:21 AM

They were supposed to call this a.m.

Why haven't they called?

SHIT!

I'm gonna puke.

Tylerthigpen!1! 02-16-2010 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 6535932)
ROFL

Hells ya. SUCK IT!

<object width="512" height="296"><param name="movie" value="http://www.hulu.com/embed/zxrltbhe4AstPdpLNLwbcQ"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.hulu.com/embed/zxrltbhe4AstPdpLNLwbcQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" width="512" height="296"></embed></object>

Buehler445 02-16-2010 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 6536209)

Why haven't they called?

SHIT!

I'm gonna puke.

If you're going to puke, brush your teeth before you head in to talk to them.

Seriously though, you're in my thoughts today. Did you follow-up with what we talked about?

Sofa King 02-16-2010 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 6536209)

Why haven't they called?

SHIT!

I'm gonna puke.

if you're gonna spew, spew in this..

http://andykdocs.de/andykdocs/docume...h-Image-04.png

Buehler445 02-16-2010 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 6536596)
if you're gonna spew, spew in this..

http://andykdocs.de/andykdocs/docume...h-Image-04.png

Rep. Mad rep.

Sofa King 02-16-2010 01:48 PM

not very often i get to work a Wayne's World reference into conversations..

Gonzo 02-16-2010 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 6536573)
If you're going to puke, brush your teeth before you head in to talk to them.

Seriously though, you're in my thoughts today. Did you follow-up with what we talked about?

Yeah,
It was a Security banking position in Lincoln.
Not my cup of tea.

And to top all this shit off, they just called me to reschedule.

Noon tomorrow. Phone interview.
Shit.

The Franchise 02-16-2010 01:51 PM

Dude....I ****ing hate phone interviews. It's hard to act like it's an interview when you're staring at a blank wall and you have a 3 year old knocking on the office door.

Gonzo 02-16-2010 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 6536667)
Dude....I ****ing hate phone interviews. It's hard to act like it's an interview when you're staring at a blank wall and you have a 3 year old knocking on the office door.

If by 3 year old, you mean my co-workers then yes.

Well... No use sitting here not doing anything. I'm going home.

**** It!

I'm out.

May as well use some of that vacation time they owe me.

Buehler445 02-16-2010 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 6536665)
Yeah,
It was a Security banking position in Lincoln.
Not my cup of tea.

And to top all this shit off, they just called me to reschedule.

Noon tomorrow. Phone interview.
Shit.

Fock dude. Sorry it didn't work out.

Good luck on your phone interview.

Gonzo 02-16-2010 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 6536694)
Fock dude. Sorry it didn't work out.

Good luck on your phone interview.

Thanks man.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-16-2010 02:19 PM

The Mojo bag is out and ROR is dancing the "Rainmaker of Happy Good Fortune"-dance for you my brother.

Sofa King 02-16-2010 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 6536751)
Thanks man.
Posted via Mobile Device

less than 15 minutes later, posting on your phone...

good luck tomorrow Gonzo...

Lumpy 02-17-2010 10:39 AM

Here's a little something, something for yee. LMAO Good luck today, sweetie!

http://www.frogboy.freeuk.com/rabbi.jpg

Going back into my cave now...

DaFace 02-17-2010 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOUCANTKILLROR (Post 6536786)
The Mojo bag is out and ROR is dancing the "Rainmaker of Happy Good Fortune"-dance for you my brother.

Hey...I almost forgot about you. Have you figured it out yet?

Oh, and good luck Gonzo.

OnTheWarpath15 02-17-2010 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 6538934)
Hey...I almost forgot about you. Have you figured it out yet?

Oh, and good luck Gonzo.

LMAO