ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Getting teeth pulled (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=224987)

-King- 03-16-2010 12:35 PM

Getting teeth pulled

I just got my wisdom teeth pulled(all 4) and I was just wondering if anyone has done it before and if anyone has any advice. Right now, I'm just bleeding like hell no matter what. I tried drinking water, but my mouth is numb so it just ends up spilling on the floor. I haven't even tried to eat. So...any advice? Tips? Jokes to cheer me up?
Posted via Mobile Device

niblet 03-16-2010 12:36 PM

It's like pulling teeth, I tell ya.

phisherman 03-16-2010 12:39 PM

don't smoke or drink through a straw.

eat those vicodins they gave you and just sleep, sleep, sleep. i ate soup for a couple days.

Old Dog 03-16-2010 12:41 PM

My advice, don't do that....too late though I guess

MOhillbilly 03-16-2010 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcChiefsKing (Post 6608213)
I just got my wisdom teeth pulled(all 4) and I was just wondering if anyone has done it before and if anyone has any advice. Right now, I'm just bleeding like hell no matter what. I tried drinking water, but my mouth is numb so it just ends up spilling on the floor. I haven't even tried to eat. So...any advice? Tips? Jokes to cheer me up?
Posted via Mobile Device

After i got mine pulled i smoked a joint,took a handfull of meds, and washed it down with a pint of jim beam.....for a week. Didnt phase me abit..gettin em pulled that is.

seclark 03-16-2010 12:44 PM

mine were impacted and had to be jackhammered out. don't remember anything til the next day. nitrous oxide ftw!
sec

mlyonsd 03-16-2010 12:45 PM

Eat soup for supper. Like chili.

seclark 03-16-2010 12:48 PM

got any stitches in your mouth?
sec

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-16-2010 12:50 PM

Mine were horizontally impacted. I woke up halfway through anesthesia and they gashed the inside of my mouth.

They hurt for a few days, but the worst was making the mistake of watching the Bourne Supremacy at the theater the day after.

Percocet+Paul Greenglass=FAIL.

Lonewolf Ed 03-16-2010 12:50 PM

I had all four of got mine out when I was 18 and they had to put me under since they were impacted. My jaw swelled up like a hamster hoarding seed for a couple of days. Ice cream and soup was about all I could eat, since it hurt to bite down on anything. I could eat cereal as long as I let the milk make it soggy. Also, try not to pull at the stitches. I found myself doing that since it felt like a bunch of celery strings caught between my teeth. I couldn't do any strenous exercise for a week, either, so I had to skip my martial arts classes. Just kick back and try to pass the time.

DMAC 03-16-2010 12:52 PM

Hey...Tom Hanks did it with a ****in ice skate and a rock.

Stop being a big pussy.

-King- 03-16-2010 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seclark (Post 6608255)
got any stitches in your mouth?
sec

No, atleast I don't think so. I pretty much don't remember anything the doctor said to me. But I don't feel em right now so I guess not.
Posted via Mobile Device

-King- 03-16-2010 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMAC (Post 6608266)
Hey...Tom Hanks did it with a ****in ice skate and a rock.

Stop being a big pussy.

ROFL ROFL
Posted via Mobile Device

Dayze 03-16-2010 01:02 PM

whenI first read "Getting Teeth Pulled" i thought the Draft was on TV and i was missing it.

RealSNR 03-16-2010 01:03 PM

I only had one wisdom tooth. It was impacted, but the surgery wasn't that bad at all. I was able to go to a movie with some friends that night.

seclark 03-16-2010 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcChiefsKing (Post 6608300)
No, atleast I don't think so. I pretty much don't remember anything the doctor said to me. But I don't feel em right now so I guess not.
Posted via Mobile Device

you'd probably know if you did...drove me nuts. felt like i had hair stuck in my mouth.
sec

badgirl 03-16-2010 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcChiefsKing (Post 6608213)
Posted via Mobile Device

be careful you may end up with dry socket.

MTG#10 03-16-2010 03:17 PM

I was a pussy and had mine removed one at a time. It was all part of my master plan for getting the most vicodin I could. It worked.

Gracie Dean 03-16-2010 04:24 PM

use damp tea bags to stop the bleeding. Take your medicine!

rockymtnchief 03-16-2010 04:28 PM

Mine must've been to the point of falling out, I guess. I had all four pulled and went back to work with little problem. I did the cotton thing for a couple hours and went and drank beer.

Fairplay 03-16-2010 04:51 PM

Just prepare to be miserable for a few days is all you can do.

Don't have anything planned and sleep a lot is what i did.

bevischief 03-16-2010 05:16 PM

Lots of alcohol... and pain pills... good times...

cabletech94 03-16-2010 05:20 PM

If you are in pain throw a soaked dishtowel in the microwave for like 30 seconds (or longer depending on heat desired). Press towel on swelled jaw area. It will help, if you're not already drunk and vic'd up.

-King- 03-16-2010 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badgirl (Post 6608626)

What's that?
Posted via Mobile Device

-King- 03-16-2010 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cabletech94 (Post 6609097)
If you are in pain throw a soaked dishtowel in the microwave for like 30 seconds (or longer depending on heat desired). Press towel on swelled jaw area. It will help, if you're not already drunk and vic'd up.

Doing that right now. Thanks
Posted via Mobile Device

LaChapelle 03-16-2010 05:34 PM

How do you keep your gold grill in now

cabletech94 03-16-2010 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcChiefsKing (Post 6609108)
Doing that right now. Thanks
Posted via Mobile Device

It helped me out a ton.

And whomever said "no straws". THIS.
My understanding is that the resulting dry sockets are worse than waking up in the middle of removal.

badgirl 03-16-2010 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcChiefsKing (Post 6609106)
What's that?
Posted via Mobile Device

When the clot is removed by sucking through a straw or something like that the socket is exposed and I don't know exactly how it happens, but it hurts as bad as the toothache or worse. I had it once and had to go back to the dentist and he put something in the socket that helped. Thats why they say not to smoke or suck on a straw after you have a tooth pulled. It really frigging hurts and you will know it if it happens.

BigOlChiefsfan 03-16-2010 07:03 PM

She's right - you don't want a dry socket. For some of us codeine/vicodin pain pills 'bind the bowels' so anytime you take a lot of vicodin, start taking some stool softeners with LOTS of water, asap. Or you'll be like the accountant who broke his calculator. You'll have to sit there and work it out with a pencil.

FWIW, I recommend 'instant breakfast' and 'slimfast' for a day or so until the tissue has had a chance to heal.

KCinNY 03-16-2010 08:53 PM

Enough vicodin makes it okay.

Gadzooks 03-16-2010 09:16 PM

My dentist signed me up to get my right side ones removed, (she wants them all gone eventually), but I'm way too much of a pussy to go through with it.
**** that. **** you all!!11!! You can’t bring me down!1!!1!11!!
:cuss:

luv 03-16-2010 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zooks (Post 6609584)
My dentist signed me up to get my right side ones removed, (she wants them all gone eventually), but I'm way too much of a pussy to go through with it.
**** that. **** you all!!11!! You can’t bring me down!1!!1!11!!
:cuss:

It's not that bad. It hurts like hell the day you get them done and the numbing agent wears off. After that, you'll be glad you did. Of course, only one of the three I had done was a wisdom tooth. My back molars were really bad and hurting like hell daily. Now, a few weeks later, the pain of everything is gone!

Gadzooks 03-16-2010 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 6609598)
It's not that bad. It hurts like hell the day you get them done and the numbing agent wears off. After that, you'll be glad you did. Of course, only one of the three I had done was a wisdom tooth. My back molars were really bad and hurting like hell daily. Now, a few weeks later, the pain of everything is gone!

That sounds great (since you were in pain and all.)
In my case, this would be a preemptive strike. Apparently I have a MASSIVE cavity in one of them.
But hell, I’m not feeling anything yet, so **** that and **** you all!!11!!
You Can't Bring Me Down!
http://www.babsyencyco.net/images/ba...tendencies.gif

MoreLemonPledge 03-16-2010 09:31 PM

Mine were impacted really bad. They put some shit in an IV and I was out. I really don't remember it hurting that bad, but I do know it was the day before Thanksgiving so I couldn't eat. The only thing I really remember is that the lower left area of my lip was completely numb for about 3 weeks and I didn't regain complete feeling for a few months. I guess they hit a nerve...

Cosmos 03-16-2010 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 6608260)
Mine were horizontally impacted. I woke up halfway through anesthesia and they gashed the inside of my mouth.

They hurt for a few days, but the worst was making the mistake of watching the Bourne Supremacy at the theater the day after.

Percocet+Paul Greenglass=FAIL.

ROFL

-King- 03-16-2010 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmaddog (Post 6609684)
Weird...these days they have such great technology that you can almost have pain free dental work done....

If you are still bleeding this late in the day it sounds like one of 2 things: (disclaimer: I am neither a qualified dental authority nor do I have any qualifications that make me an ultimate authority)

1) What was the equivalent of stitches or staples came loose

2) The possibility that they cut into something more than your gum....my wife had a widsom tooth cut out and bled horribly...I had to take her back and get her sewed back up

mmaddog

I think its normal. I have to keep gauze(sp?) in my mouth for the next few days to soak up the blood. I doubt they put stitches in because if they did, I'd feel them right?
Posted via Mobile Device

Gadzooks 03-16-2010 10:00 PM

Hope you're feeling better soon KcChiefsKing.
That sounds like a nightmare.

Dunit35 03-16-2010 11:08 PM

Don't take a chew afterwords. I threw up all over the bathroom wall two summers ago.

Fairplay 03-17-2010 01:50 AM

Luv after she had her teeth pulled out...
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FHyz2LcpZ8I&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FHyz2LcpZ8I&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

ClevelandBronco 03-17-2010 02:51 AM

The swelling can work in your favor in some circles. Just tell everyone you're a Kennedy.

Rausch 03-17-2010 03:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairplay (Post 6609978)
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FHyz2LcpZ8I&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FHyz2LcpZ8I&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

"They do love you 'cause you sent them thousands of dollars!"
LMAO

Rausch 03-17-2010 03:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco (Post 6609998)
The swelling can work in your favor in some circles. Just tell everyone you're a Kennedy.

Just not Joe's daughter...

-King- 03-17-2010 06:41 AM

So I put some teabags back there instead of gauze and all the bleeding has stopped completely. Do I need to keep them back there or can I just take them out?

-King- 03-17-2010 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairplay (Post 6609978)

ROFLROFLROFL

Fairplay 03-17-2010 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcChiefsKing (Post 6610050)
So I put some teabags back there instead of gauze and all the bleeding has stopped completely. Do I need to keep them back there or can I just take them out?

The tea bags will stay there the rest of your born days.

-King- 03-17-2010 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairplay (Post 6610069)
The tea bags will stay there the rest of your born days.

Hey, I wouldn't mind it. They're the lemon tea bags so the taste is not bad.

cabletech94 03-17-2010 11:29 AM

I'm sure you've been given dissolveable stitches. They literally stay in until your wounds heal.

All this teabag talk makes me miss Prison Break.

Kerberos 03-17-2010 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badgirl (Post 6608626)

yup

Dry Socket was a bitch.

Most pain I have EVER had to endure.

Had I know THEN what I know NOW I would have done one side of my mouth at a time. At least then I could have ATE something more than really soft pasta or soup for a week. With both sides at once and BOTH sides with dry socket I was F***ed eating anything for a few days and nothing but soft crap for OVER a week.

AND that clove oil soaked cloth they shoved into each socked every flipping day to ease the dry socket tasted like ASS too.

Rasputin 03-17-2010 02:55 PM

The worse pain I ever had was about 6-7 years ago. Salina had a free dental clinic. I waited forever in line then finally they looked at my teeth and put me in the emergancy line. They proceeded to extract 6 teeth. It took three docters to pull out one of them and they left chips inside. PAIN!!! My mouth swollen. Couldn't talk. They gave me some drugs, but that didn't last long. I had to go to work that following monday. I was a route driver for a uniform company. By wensday nite I went to the emergancy room in so much pain. My headache was excrutinating. They had to pull the rest of the chip out and give me more drugs. I slept all day thursday then friday I started to feal better. OMG the Pain.

Hope you don't end up like I did.

-King- 03-17-2010 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cool han Luke (Post 6611412)
The worse pain I ever had was about 6-7 years ago. Salina had a free dental clinic. I waited forever in line then finally they looked at my teeth and put me in the emergancy line. They proceeded to extract 6 teeth. It took three docters to pull out one of them and they left chips inside. PAIN!!! My mouth swollen. Couldn't talk. They gave me some drugs, but that didn't last long. I had to go to work that following monday. I was a route driver for a uniform company. By wensday nite I went to the emergancy room in so much pain. My headache was excrutinating. They had to pull the rest of the chip out and give me more drugs. I slept all day thursday then friday I started to feal better. OMG the Pain.

Hope you don't end up like I did.

They didn't put you under?

I got the IV sedation so I didn't feel a thing.
Posted via Mobile Device