ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Misc California surfer films great white sharks circling his board (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=231959)

2112 08-13-2010 06:44 AM

California surfer films great white sharks circling his board

<object width="400" height="300"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=14054518&amp;server=vimeo.com&amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_port rait=1&amp;color=&amp;fullscreen=1&amp;autoplay=0&amp;loop=0" /><embed src="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=14054518&amp;server=vimeo.com&amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_port rait=1&amp;color=&amp;fullscreen=1&amp;autoplay=0&amp;loop=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="400" height="300"></embed></object><p><a href="http://vimeo.com/14054518">Me my Shark and I</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user1677461">Chuck Patterson</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

Los Pollos Hermanos 08-13-2010 06:49 AM

repost

:)

2112 08-13-2010 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsfansofDallas (Post 6931401)
repost

:)

Go figure...lol

BigRichard 08-13-2010 07:17 AM

Whoa, double post! What does it mean?

CrazyPhuD 08-13-2010 07:33 AM

General CP rule...if you're posting something that happened more than 10 minutes ago it's a repost!

BigCatDaddy 08-13-2010 07:46 AM

We took McCluster in the 2nd?

Sofa King 08-13-2010 07:54 AM

Damn, i was hoping this was an update.... i figured maybe he got eaten...

buddha 08-13-2010 08:00 AM

Okay, admit it...weren't all of you waiting for the part where his leg got eaten off?

brorth 08-13-2010 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buddha (Post 6931471)
Okay, admit it...weren't all of you waiting for the part where his leg got eaten off?

Maybe if it wasn't resting inside the KAYAK he was paddling.

**** this misleading thread title, I want to see him film that on a surfboard...

buddha 08-13-2010 08:05 AM

Well, there was that too! He also had his buddies out there with him.

So much for "Shark Week".

Otter 08-13-2010 08:07 AM

John Goodman beat Gary Coleman to death with the branch of an AIDS tree while attending a Hootie and the Blowish Concert!

wutamess 08-13-2010 09:55 AM

I think I would've shit myself.

|Zach| 08-13-2010 09:59 AM

That camera is ****ing awesome.

BIG_DADDY 08-13-2010 10:39 AM

Help me out guys, what is that a mako? That wouldn't be a good thing. Then again I am far from any kind of shark expert. I did do the feeding frenzy once though. Wish I had the footage of that.

DaneMcCloud 08-13-2010 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY (Post 6931817)
Help me out guys, what is that a mako? That wouldn't be a good thing. Then again I am far from any kind of shark expert. I did do the feeding frenzy once though. Wish I had the footage of that.

That was a Great White shark, probably about a 10-12 footer. They're all over the coast of California and in larger numbers because the water temperature has been hovering around 58-60 degrees this entire year. Great Whites thrive in cooler temperatures.

I've got a friend and neighbor that swims about a 1/4 mile out in the ocean everyday and does about five miles per day up of the Malibu coast. I've asked him on several occasion "How can you do that, knowing Great Whites are everywhere out there?"

His response: "Oh, I know they're out there. I just don't think about it".

:eek:

Amnorix 08-13-2010 11:00 AM

Looks like a younger great white to me. It's what the surfer thinks too. Apparently there were two of them...

http://sciencedude.ocregister.com/20...-video/108211/

Oh, and Dane, you can tell your friend he's f'n nuts...

notorious 08-13-2010 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 6931864)
That was a Great White shark, probably about a 10-12 footer. They're all over the coast of California and in larger numbers because the water temperature has been hovering around 58-60 degrees this entire year. Great Whites thrive in cooler temperatures.

I've got a friend and neighbor that swims about a 1/4 mile out in the ocean everyday and does about five miles per day up of the Malibu coast. I've asked him on several occasion "How can you do that, knowing Great Whites are everywhere out there?"

How does your friend "swim" when his balls are dredging the ocean floor?

DaneMcCloud 08-13-2010 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 6931871)
Looks like a younger great white to me. It's what the surfer thinks too. Apparently there were two of them...

http://sciencedude.ocregister.com/20...-video/108211/

Oh, and Dane, you can tell your friend he's f'n nuts...

Oh, I have, believe me.

He's a 46 year old, wealthy single guy that bangs around with 23-25 year chicks. He claims they're far more vicious than any Great White.

:D

teedubya 08-13-2010 11:21 AM

New York Poster Reposts while great white sharks circling his messageboard

notorious 08-13-2010 11:24 AM

I watched a video 3-4 years ago that showed a Great White get caught inland in Mass, or Conn.

That was a scary video, too.

Here you go:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0_W1kPcApR0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0_W1kPcApR0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

CoMoChief 08-13-2010 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 6931864)

They dont eat people, they attack when they're confused on the prey. Kayaks, surfboards, alot of those types of "rafts" look like seals etc, so they bite, then realize it's not fish/edible etc, and usually let go, problem is, their bite does some considerable damage to just about anything.

notorious 08-13-2010 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 6931972)
They dont eat people, they attack when they're confused on the prey. Kayaks, surfboards, alot of those types of "rafts" look like seals etc, so they bite, then realize it's not fish/edible etc, and usually let go, problem is, their bite does some considerable damage to just about anything.

This is true, but I would rather not take the chance.....

DaneMcCloud 08-13-2010 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 6931966)
I watched a video 3-4 years ago that showed a Great White get caught inland in Mass, or Conn.

That was a scary video, too.

Here you go:

<object width="480" height="385">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0_W1kPcApR0?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></object>

I'd be surprised if that shark lived very long since it was stuck in fresh water.

2112 08-13-2010 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teedubya (Post 6931954)
New York Poster Reposts while great white sharks circling his messageboard

Ari, I liked you better with your other name. did you fall and hit your head or something? you're not even funny anymore.

notorious 08-13-2010 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 6931990)
I'd be surprised if that shark lived very long since it was stuck in fresh water.

They ended up "leading" it out into open water when the tide came up the next day. The shark was very weak, but I believe it made it.

As for fresh water, I wonder how long it will be before some idiot takes a small bull shark and dumps it into a freshwater lake.

Skyy God 08-13-2010 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 6931891)
Oh, I have, believe me.

He's a 46 year old, wealthy single guy that bangs around with 23-25 year chicks. He claims they're far more vicious than any Great White.

:D

AKA, my hero.

Deberg_1990 08-13-2010 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 6931765)
That camera is ****ing awesome.

Agreed. Nice and crisp image.

MOhillbilly 08-13-2010 11:46 AM

Man ive stepped off in some holes of water in the middle of the night that would make 90% of this BBs balls shrink just at the thought.

Some other boys on here know what im talkin about.

notorious 08-13-2010 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOhillbilly (Post 6932042)
Man ive stepped off in some holes of water in the middle of the night that would make 90% of this BBs balls shrink just at the thought.

Some other boys on here know what im talkin about.

Do you noodle?

What am I asking, you probably noodle for Great Whites and get pissed when you only pull out 6-7 footers.

DaneMcCloud 08-13-2010 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 6932010)
They ended up "leading" it out into open water when the tide came up the next day. The shark was very weak, but I believe it made it.

As for fresh water, I wonder how long it will be before some idiot takes a small bull shark and dumps it into a freshwater lake.

God, I hope never. The bull sharks that live in the gulf have adapted to the waters of the Mississippi, where they're occasionally found hundreds of miles inland.

They're brutal ****ers.

|Zach| 08-13-2010 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 6932033)
Agreed. Nice and crisp image.

And the sound. Wow.

notorious 08-13-2010 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 6932064)
God, I hope never. The bull sharks that live in the gulf have adapted to the waters of the Mississippi, where they're occasionally found hundreds of miles inland.

They're brutal ****ers.

On one shark week episode they said that Bulls have been spotted over a 1000 miles up river in the Mississippi and they can be found almost anywhere in the Amazon.

That is some scary shit.

notorious 08-13-2010 11:59 AM

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/h...01_800x542.jpg

CoMoChief 08-13-2010 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 6932064)

They're brutal ****ers.

Now bullsharks are a different story.....those ****ers attack anything.

I heard they found one all they way up the MS river into STL area.

I saw on Shark week that Bullsharks have some membrane/glands that produces enough salt nutrients to keep the shark alive while swimming in fresh water, thats why you see them around fresh water river mouth areas, and some can go really far inland once they're adapted to the water.

Param 08-13-2010 12:32 PM

I've caught a bullshark with some friends off a pier one time. Pulled him up out of the water and threw him on the pier. Eventually got the hook out of his mouth. I remember feeling it's fin and rear tail and skin. What amazed me about the bullshark is their skin is like armor. Then 3 of us picked him up, heavy as ****, and eventually and tossed his ass back into the water 30 ft below.

MOhillbilly 08-13-2010 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 6932052)
Do you noodle?

What am I asking, you probably noodle for Great Whites and get pissed when you only pull out 6-7 footers.

dont like to noodle. Not saying i wont. But i do other things on the river at night thatd make mens skin crawl.

Missouri has some of the largest fresh water crayfish in the US. Aint nothin better than a bottle, snorkel,headlamp, and mesh bag, hand catching foot long crawdads. And i fear no snake,turtle,stickpile or slough when it comes to froggin and crawdadin.
If its in there im bulldoggin it.
A few times ive gone off the front of the boat only to see a 5ft cotton mouth right next to the frog. And many a times ive tied off and sunk myself into holes to catch them big big crawdads.

walked up out of a slough with my dad once right into a HUGH ball of cotton mouths. Hundreds of em, gave my pops the heedy jeebies. I must of caught 10 big ones just to see if i could.

When i was in Fl & TX i seen sharks, didnt bother me either.

Param 08-13-2010 12:52 PM

I'm not a big fan of swimming in the oceans at night. Just don't like...

notorious 08-13-2010 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOhillbilly (Post 6932233)
dont like to noodle. Not saying i wont. But i do other things on the river at night thatd make mens skin crawl.

Missouri has some of the largest fresh water crayfish in the US. Aint nothin better than a bottle, snorkel,headlamp, and mesh bag, hand catching foot long crawdads. And i fear no snake,turtle,stickpile or slough when it comes to froggin and crawdadin.
If its in there im bulldoggin it.
A few times ive gone off the front of the boat only to see a 5ft cotton mouth right next to the frog. And many a times ive tied off and sunk myself into holes to catch them big big crawdads.

walked up out of a slough with my dad once right into a HUGH ball of cotton mouths. Hundreds of em, gave my pops the heedy jeebies. I must of caught 10 big ones just to see if i could.

When i was in Fl & TX i seen sharks, didnt bother me either.

Damn, I didn't know that Crawdads grew that big. The biggest I have seen are 6-7".

My favorite bar in Tulsa was Crawpappys, though, so I have that going for me. :)

MOhillbilly 08-13-2010 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 6932320)
Damn, I didn't know that Crawdads grew that big. The biggest I have seen are 6-7".

My favorite bar in Tulsa was Crawpappys, though, so I have that going for me. :)

dude no shit. i wear a 13 EEE and ive caught em as big as my shoe.