ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Cassell/Weis & the passing game (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=236499)

Cosmos 11-07-2010 11:55 PM

Cassell/Weis & the passing game

To to me it's clear Cassell has always been the type of quarterback that struggles with quick decision making.

Last year this resulted in tons of negative plays, sacks and turnovers. We were beating ourselves, in large part because of poor QB play.

This year Weis comes in to fix the QB and the offense.His fix appears to be, above all else, eliminate negative passing plays and turnovers.

This requires limiting Cassells time and options on passing plays and focus on getting the ball out of his hands quickly.

It's because Cassell is limited physically and mentally that this is our best chance to win week in and week out. To not let Cassell screw it up.

It's also why we see Cassell only look at a single receiver and throw it in this one direction, or to a checkdown on the same side of the field.

This team will win some games by coaching and game planning around Cassels weaknesses, and at the same time the team is going to lose games because your passing game is essentially run on 1/2 of the field each play IMO.

ChiefsrGood 11-07-2010 11:57 PM

Cassel*

TinyEvel 11-08-2010 12:12 AM

Know why I know Cassel sucks?

Cuz that's how I play Madden. I only use a couple of familiar plays, slants, mostly, and immediately throw to the guy who's the "circle" button.

I always get my ass kicked and never can get a first down.

MeatRock 11-08-2010 02:52 AM

Yea Cassell sucks, but it would be nice to have more than 1 receiver on the field to throw to. Chambers is "DONE". Pack up your panties Chambers and GTFO! We need more wideouts.

We have no up and comers at the position that can come into a game and produce like a Jacoby Ford, Miles Austin or a Mike Williams waiting in the wings. We have NOTHING but Bowe at the wide receiver position. That has to change.

Fritz88 11-08-2010 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinyEvel (Post 7157874)
Know why I know Cassel sucks?

Cuz that's how I play Madden. I only use a couple of familiar plays, slants, mostly, and immediately throw to the guy who's the "circle" button.

I always get my ass kicked and never can get a first down.

ROFL
Posted via Mobile Device

Molitoth 11-08-2010 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeatRock (Post 7157975)
Yea Cassell sucks, but it would be nice to have more than 1 receiver on the field to throw to. Chambers is "DONE". Pack up your panties Chambers and GTFO! We need more wideouts.

We have no up and comers at the position that can come into a game and produce like a Jacoby Ford, Miles Austin or a Mike Williams waiting in the wings. We have NOTHING but Bowe at the wide receiver position. That has to change.

I'm sorry but receivers can't catch balls that are thrown way over thier heads. Get a fucking clue, QB's make the receivers, not the other way around.

Deberg_1990 11-08-2010 08:48 AM

Quote:

Not that they are anything special, but maybe thats why we are seeing guys like Verran Tucker and Copper get more playing time.

Deberg_1990 11-08-2010 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 7158116)
Get a fucking clue, QB's make the receivers, not the other way around.

Cant argue with that. Look how many no name recievers Manning and Rivers have made look good.

Sofa King 11-08-2010 08:52 AM

Everytime i see Weis throw on 3rd and 1 or 2, i want to drive down there and choke his fat ass out.

JTagg7754 11-08-2010 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 7158127)
Everytime i see Weis throw on 3rd and 1 or 2, i want to drive down there and choke his fat ass out.

Why? B/c you were so effective running on those downs?

Face it, LIKE I SAID, you guys just aren't a very good team. WE GAVE YOU THE GAME. Jason Campbell was your MVP the first half but our defense said no. You couldn't run the ball for shit and you could only pass on Johnson.

Not only that, where are the posters now that say Flowers is better than Nnamdi? A rookie 4th round pick just threw up 170 yards on you guys and a lot were beating Flowers and when the game was on the line in OT, Flowers blew it..... to a rookie 4th round pick and a terrible QB. Yeah, Flowers has still yet to arrive.

Good teams win games they're supposed to. We GAVE YOU THE GAME, again but you didn't want it. Our defensive line shut your offensive line down. We hit our gaps, we stopped your supposed best running attack and that's all it is.

I'm not too surprised it happened though. When you don't want the games w/ any bias, you can see things for the way they are. You guys just aren't very good. I'm not here to kick you while you're down but I definitely deserve some shots after all the bullshit I had to see come off people's keyboards last week. "Flowers > Nnamdi" EL OH MOTHER****ING EL.

Garcia Bronco 11-08-2010 09:52 AM

Weis is not a good OC IMO. Romeo is a great coach and gets the results and if not for the latter we wouldn't know Weis name.

BigMeatballDave 11-08-2010 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JTagg7754 (Post 7158202)

Face it, LIKE I SAID, you guys just aren't a very good team. WE GAVE YOU THE GAME. Jason Campbell was your MVP the first half but our defense said no. You couldn't run the ball for shit and you could only pass on Johnson.

Not only that, where are the posters now that say Flowers is better than Nnamdi? A rookie 4th round pick just threw up 170 yards on you guys and a lot were beating Flowers and when the game was on the line in OT, Flowers blew it..... to a rookie 4th round pick and a terrible QB. Yeah, Flowers has still yet to arrive.

Good teams win games they're supposed to. We GAVE YOU THE GAME, again but you didn't want it. Our defensive line shut your offensive line down. We hit our gaps, we stopped your supposed best running attack and that's all it is.

I'm not too surprised it happened though. When you don't want the games w/ any bias, you can see things for the way they are. You guys just aren't very good. I'm not here to kick you while you're down but I definitely deserve some shots after all the bullshit I had to see come off people's keyboards last week. "Flowers > Nnamdi" EL OH MOTHER****ING EL.

Enjoy this win, because you're gonna lose the next 3-4 games.

blaise 11-08-2010 09:59 AM

Quote:

Your mom is a prostitute.

Molitoth 11-08-2010 10:02 AM

Quote:

Hey man, I agree the chiefs aren't very good...
If I was any team in the league, I would also stack the box and shut the running game down and force Cassel to try and complete passes (something he can't do).

But in all honesty, the Raiders are NOT a good team either. Your QB play stinks, (although I would take Campbell of Cassel)... and you guys shoot yourselves in the foot with reerun-like penalties all the time. If you morons would erase the penalties and get a pretty good QB, then I would maybe say the raiders are a GOOD TEAM.

The fact that the chiefs lost to a team that isn't GOOD, makes them that much worse.

Personally I'm really scared that this loss is going to shut down the chiefs momentum, confidence, and ability to finish this season on the top of the AFC west. Say hello to San Diego winning the conference again.... it won't be the raiders or chiefs.

JTagg7754 11-08-2010 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCD (Post 7158214)
Enjoy this win, because you're gonna lose the next 3-4 games.

Never said we wouldn't nor did I ever say we were a good football team. I said you guys aren't which I'm very right about.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the ****ing Chargers win this division still.

JTagg7754 11-08-2010 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 7158223)
Your mom is a prostitute.

Dynamite drop-in, Monty!!!

JTagg7754 11-08-2010 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 7158233)
Hey man, I agree the chiefs aren't very good...
If I was any team in the league, I would also stack the box and shut the running game down and force Cassel to try and complete passes (something he can't do).

But in all honesty, the Raiders are NOT a good team either. Your QB play stinks, (although I would take Campbell of Cassel)... and you guys shoot yourselves in the foot with reerun-like penalties all the time. If you morons would erase the penalties and get a pretty good QB, then I would maybe say the raiders are a GOOD TEAM.

The fact that the chiefs lost to a team that isn't GOOD, makes them that much worse.

Personally I'm really scared that this loss is going to shut down the chiefs momentum, confidence, and ability to finish this season on the top of the AFC west. Say hello to San Diego winning the conference again.... it won't be the raiders or chiefs.

I never said the Raiders are good nor did I imply it. This is kind of a wasted post I'm guessing attempting to knock me down when I was already there....... I guess.

DBOSHO 11-08-2010 10:06 AM

Quote:

Fords speed>flowers speed.

Its really that simple. Romeo put flowers on an island with ford so he couldnt cheat. He either ran a comeback or deep. Flowers will be fine.

As for "you gave us the game", we gave you the game at the end of the 2nd quarter.

Dont even get me started on the 10 sacks we wouldve had if your LT had not been trying to put a sleeper hold on tamba.

blaise 11-08-2010 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JTagg7754 (Post 7158237)
Dynamite drop-in, Monty!!!

So, you're a Raiders fan on a Chiefs message board.

So, basically you're a douchebag.

JTagg7754 11-08-2010 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DBOSHO (Post 7158250)
Fords speed>flowers speed.

Its really that simple. Romeo put flowers on an island with ford so he couldnt cheat. He either ran a comeback or deep. Flowers will be fine.

As for "you gave us the game", we gave you the game at the end of the 2nd quarter.

Dont even get me started on the 10 sacks we wouldve had if your LT had not been trying to put a sleeper hold on tamba.

THERE IT IS!!!! I was waiting for someone to bring the officiating in. They were awful on both sides but it's not the reason we won.

No, dude, you guys should've been up by 20 going into the half. We shut down Charles and Jones. You can try to twist it and spin it all you want, they didn't do JACK. I know it might be a hard pill to swallow when all week you and everyone else in here is saying you're just gonna run it down our throats etc etc but it just didn't happen.

You had the game ready for you on a silver and black platter ready to be delivered by Campbell but you didn't take it. That's not the sign of a good football team. You should've won... easily.

JTagg7754 11-08-2010 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 7158257)

Your opinion is as useless as an asshole on your elbow. Go back to the kiddie table.

DBOSHO 11-08-2010 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JTagg7754 (Post 7158260)
THERE IT IS!!!! I was waiting for someone to bring the officiating in. They were awful on both sides but it's not the reason we won.

No, dude, you guys should've been up by 20 going into the half. We shut down Charles and Jones. You can try to twist it and spin it all you want, they didn't do JACK. I know it might be a hard pill to swallow when all week you and everyone else in here is saying you're just gonna run it down our throats etc etc but it just didn't happen.

You had the game ready for you on a silver and black platter ready to be delivered by Campbell but you didn't take it. That's not the sign of a good football team. You should've won... easily.

Think about it.

I know its a tough concept, but hear me out...

If the holds start getting called, dont you think that your tackle wouldve been smart enough to stop holding?

What happens when he stops holding? Sacked. But of course the sacks dudnt happen, because why stop holding if your not going to get called for it right?

Champ 11-08-2010 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DBOSHO (Post 7158250)

If only Hali had more pass rushing moves.......

BigMeatballDave 11-08-2010 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JTagg7754 (Post 7158260)

You didnt stop Charles. Our ****ing OC did. He had 10 carries for 50+ yrds. The Raiders kept hanging breaking balls throughout the game, but the Chiefs were looking fastball.

JTagg7754 11-08-2010 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DBOSHO (Post 7158269)
Think about it.

I know its a tough concept, but hear me out...

If the holds start getting called, dont you think that your tackle wouldve been smart enough to stop holding?

What happens when he stops holding? Sacked. But of course the sacks dudnt happen, because why stop holding if your not going to get called for it right?

We could talk about all the phantom PI calls the Raiders kept getting if you want? I for one never blame the refs though.

I know, it's a conspiracy and the refs love Oakland and the head official was Veldheer's dad or whatever helps you sleep at night. Blaming the refs is kinda weak. Not only that, I didn't really see what you saw except there's holding on every single pass in football. What Veldheer was doing (when I saw it) wasn't very blatant.

DBOSHO 11-08-2010 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Champ (Post 7158270)
If only Hali had more pass rushing moves.......

Good answer.

JTagg7754 11-08-2010 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCD (Post 7158273)
You didnt stop Charles. Our ****ing OC did. He had 10 carries for 50+ yrds. The Raiders kept hanging breaking balls throughout the game, but the Chiefs were looking fastball.

Yet another sign you're just not very good. Charles also did get hurt so you have to consider that.

Priest31kc 11-08-2010 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JTagg7754 (Post 7158263)
Your opinion is as useless as an asshole on your elbow. Go back to the kiddie table.

Will you leave already?

But yeah, your not going to win the West. And your gunna get beat down in Arrowhead.

Enjoy your first win @ home against the Chiefs in 7 years. God that's pathetic.

Champ 11-08-2010 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Priest31kc (Post 7158297)
Will you leave already?

But yeah, your not going to win the West. And your gunna get beat down in Arrowhead.

The Raiders own the Chiefs in Arrowhead, so I wouldn't be so sure about that.

JTagg7754 11-08-2010 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Priest31kc (Post 7158297)
Will you leave already?

Aaaand the dumbest ****er on the board shows up to give us his great insight about something no one was even debating!!!!

Good to see you're still a ****ing reerun.

blaise 11-08-2010 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JTagg7754 (Post 7158263)

Thanks, I do have a kiddie table at home, for my kids. Your's is at the house where the dude is playing daddy to your kids and banging your ex wife.

Priest31kc 11-08-2010 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JTagg7754 (Post 7158303)
Aaaand the dumbest ****er on the board shows up to give us his great insight about something no one was even debating!!!!

Good to see you're still a ****ing reerun.

LMAO

Aww you're still upset I called you names the other day. What a bitch.

Priest31kc 11-08-2010 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Champ (Post 7158302)
The Raiders own the Chiefs in Arrowhead, so I wouldn't be so sure about that.

You will get beat down at Arrowhead. The end.

JTagg7754 11-08-2010 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Priest31kc (Post 7158318)
LMAO

Aww you're still upset I called you names the other day. What a bitch.

I am? You really like talking about things that aren't there, don't you? LSD is one hell of a drug.

It's impossible for you to upset me. Now, if you're not gonna talk football, get out.... actually just get out. You're too ****ing dumb to contribute anything that isn't pure comedy in the first place.

DieChief 11-08-2010 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 7158257)

Hate to pour salt on your wound, but HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Chiefs Suuuuuuck! Where's your run game??? MIA Where's your run defense?????MIA. You douchebags suck you know it now take it like your tooth less mother takes it from her uncle who takes it from your grandpa who took it from a donkey who took it from.........well, I could do this forever. Point is Chiefs Suck. haha

Molitoth 11-08-2010 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Priest31kc (Post 7158321)

Really? like the winless Bills got beat down?

How can you honestly put that much faith into this team?

DBOSHO 11-08-2010 10:42 AM

LOL

DieChief 11-08-2010 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Priest31kc (Post 7158321)

The only way that would happen is if our #1 and #2 receivers are down, our #1 tight end is down, our #1 corner is down and WAIT A DANG MINUTE, didn't we just beat you with all those setbacks?????

Chief Henry 11-08-2010 10:44 AM

The Raiders game plan was to force Cassel to beat them. The way the raiders were putting 8-9 guys on the line. Cassel needed to make one big play and he could not make the one big play.

blaise 11-08-2010 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DieChief (Post 7158326)
Hate to pour salt on your wound, but HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Chiefs Suuuuuuck! Where's your run game??? MIA Where's your run defense?????MIA. You douchebags suck you know it now take it like your tooth less mother takes it from her uncle who takes it from your grandpa who took it from a donkey who took it from.........well, I could do this forever. Point is Chiefs Suck. haha

You know this guy's girlfriend or wife is obese.

DieChief 11-08-2010 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 7158337)
You know this guy's girlfriend or wife is obese.

HA! sure buddy.

Priest31kc 11-08-2010 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JTagg7754 (Post 7158324)
I am? You really like talking about things that aren't there, don't you? LSD is one hell of a drug.

It's impossible for you to upset me. Now, if you're not gonna talk football, get out.... actually just get out. You're too ****ing dumb to contribute anything that isn't pure comedy in the first place.

I was talking football dumbass. I said the Raiders won't win the AFC West, and I said they would get beat down at Arrowhead. You decided to call me a reerun because you're still butt hurt that I called you names the other day. And your telling me to contribute?

BigMeatballDave 11-08-2010 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JTagg7754 (Post 7158280)
Yet another sign you're just not very good. Charles also did get hurt so you have to consider that.

Being young is not the same as 'not being very good'. Its called inexperience. Charles getting hurt doesnt explain him not getting carries prior to getting banged up, plus he appeared later in the game.

Priest31kc 11-08-2010 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DieChief (Post 7158335)
The only way that would happen is if our #1 and #2 receivers are down, our #1 tight end is down, our #1 corner is down and WAIT A DANG MINUTE, didn't we just beat you with all those setbacks?????

Like I already said, the Raiders will not beat the Chiefs in Arrowhead. I look forward to seeing all you bundle of stickss January 2nd afterwards while we're celebrating our AFC West title. You probably won't be here though. That's how trolls are.

MahiMike 11-08-2010 11:03 AM

Quote:

We have NOTHING but Bowe at the wide receiver position. That has to change.

Oh, you mean the guy that dropped the game-clinching pass? Again? That guy?

DieChief 11-08-2010 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Priest31kc (Post 7158391)
Like I already said, the Raiders will not beat the Chiefs in Arrowhead. I look forward to seeing all you pillowbiters January 2nd afterwards while we're celebrating our AFC West title. You probably won't be here though. That's how trolls are.

HAHA, just like when you said "The Raiders will not beat the Chiefs in Oakland"

Titty Meat 11-08-2010 01:21 PM

Sam Cassell is the Chiefs QB now? He was a great PG.

Priest31kc 11-08-2010 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DieChief (Post 7158703)
HAHA, just like when you said "The Raiders will not beat the Chiefs in Oakland"

Huh? I predicted the Chiefs would win yes, but I didn't say there was no way they would lose. There is no way the Raiders beat the Chiefs in Arrowhead. Not gunna happen.

googlegoogle 11-08-2010 03:29 PM

http://www.shelleytherepublican.com/...2/reerun-1.jpg