ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs I think its time for the Cassel doubters to eat their crow (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=238686)

RedThat 12-19-2010 03:44 PM

I think its time for the Cassel doubters to eat their crow

The kid deserves some respect.

After todays game Im starting to believe in the guy as our quarterback. He just displayed a true testament of toughness out there and leadership.

To some people I understand its about him leading us to the playoffs and winning the superbowl in order for them to be satisfied...yada yada yada

Im not going to go by that mindset at all. I look at this game and I see the way he played and it tells me a lot about his character. We should be proud. We got a pretty good quarterback folks. That 2nd round pick we gave up was well worth it.

I think composure, toughness, and leadership are key attributes for a quarterback. Cassel has those qualities and I also love the fact that he plays with passion too.

However, I believe the number one attribute as a quarterback is the ability to respond under pressure. So now I don't want to jump the gun here and say he has that capability, but I will say, after coming back from an appendectomy and performing the way he did, is a great sign and a step in the direction towards performing well under pressure. So far so good Matt. Keep up the good work:thumb: you sure as heck got my support.

|Zach| 12-19-2010 03:45 PM

Who even gives a shit. Lets just keep winning.

mnchiefsguy 12-19-2010 03:45 PM

Cassel showed grit, leadership, and toughness today. He played far better than Ben R. did when he came back from surgery. Cassel was definitely a big difference today, the guys responded to him.

siberian khatru 12-19-2010 03:46 PM

Even after a week off, he continues to do the positive things he wasn't doing the first half of the year, and in much more consistent fashion.

petegz28 12-19-2010 03:46 PM

I will admit that I am of a different opinion of him over the last few weeks than I was the first few. He looks like he is starting to "get it". Threw his 1st pic in forever today and took his first sack that was HIS fault today in a long time as well. Last year that spelled a loss. Today he played through it, played through some adversity and injury and led his team to a must win on the road.

tmax63 12-19-2010 03:47 PM

Taking that hit in the 2nd qtr from Long and not even wincing/flinching showed me alot today. I think it showed more to his teammates than us fans as well.

Hammock Parties 12-19-2010 03:47 PM

No, it isn't.

He had an average game against a bad defense.

You people really need to have higher standards.

It was a gutty, winning peformance, but he has a ways to go before he proves he's worthy of being called a franchise QB. He has to play well the next three weeks in a row, or there will be questions.

rockymtnchief 12-19-2010 03:47 PM

I ate mine a few weeks ago because of his play.

Today I give him even more respect for playing, getting knocked on his ass hard, and popping back up. He's got grit.

LaChapelle 12-19-2010 03:47 PM

KEEP ****ING DOUBTING THE ****ING CASSEL DOUBTERS!!!!!!11

Old Dog 12-19-2010 03:48 PM

Medium well please.
I know that I'm one of the only ones that didn't think he was the answer at QB though.

petegz28 12-19-2010 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gif Horse (Post 7273141)
No, it isn't.

It was a gutty, winning peformance, but he has a ways to go before he proves he's worthy of being called a franchise QB. He has to play well the next three weeks in a row, or there will be questions.

S
T
F
U
!

****ing hater

Pants 12-19-2010 03:48 PM

I'm here to eat my crow, but he can still improve. I now think that winning a playoff game with Matt as our QB is possible.

ChiefsCountry 12-19-2010 03:48 PM

He has to win in the playoffs. Bottom line. I want wins in January and February. This good in the regular season really don't mean shit when it comes down to it. Cassel has played the last couple of months with about everything we want in a franchise QB but it comes down to winning when it counts.

kstater 12-19-2010 03:49 PM

Nope. Not gonna believe until he bounces one off the jumbotron for a TD completion.

Ming the Merciless 12-19-2010 03:49 PM

Quote:

He has to play well the next three weeks in a row, or there will be questions.

http://i56.tinypic.com/1zuixe.jpg

InChiefsHeaven 12-19-2010 03:49 PM

Quote:

No, it isn't.

**** you. That is all. Maybe it's the Rum talking but...

...**** YOU.

-King- 12-19-2010 03:49 PM

Beginning of the season I hated him. I think its time that I eat crow now.

http://westofthefive.files.wordpress...5/eat-crow.jpg Bon Appetit

SAUTO 12-19-2010 03:49 PM

Really showed some fire out there today. Pissed when player ****ed up, excited about good plays , and fought through the pain.
Posted via Mobile Device

petegz28 12-19-2010 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7273152)
I'm here to eat my crow, but he can still improve. I now think that winning a playoff game with Matt as our QB is possible.

It would be nice to seem him with a group of good WR's and a little better line.

Bane 12-19-2010 03:49 PM

I fully recognize Matt Cassel as my starting QB and I apologize for giving him so much shit before.Good job Matt Cassel.

Edit. He also has showed that he is one tough SOB.

Rain Man 12-19-2010 03:50 PM

Cassel visibly turned a corner a few weeks ago. It's amazing how fast he transformed.

keg in kc 12-19-2010 03:50 PM

I'm still not convinced he's the answer, but he's done more this year than I expected. We appear to at least have a game manager in him, if nothing else.

Ming the Merciless 12-19-2010 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 7273156)
He has to win in the playoffs. Bottom line.

Just Shut up....Jesus....Quit while your ahead....Eat your crow and quietly move on...

|Zach| 12-19-2010 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kstater (Post 7273157)
Nope. Not gonna believe until he bounces one off the jumbotron for a TD completion.

ROFLROFLROFL

LaChapelle 12-19-2010 03:52 PM

There is no Cassel blowing when it's Tits week

milkman 12-19-2010 03:52 PM

This is my response to this thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 7273005)
I know some people won't recognize it, and I have been, up until his last couple of games, one of his harshest critics, but I think we saw today that this is Cassel's team.

They responded to the heart he showed today.

RedThat 12-19-2010 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 7273176)
I'm still not convinced he's the answer, but he's done more this year than I expected. We appear to at least have a game manager in him, if nothing else.

23 TD's, 5 picks. A 90 someodd qb rating. Leading your team to victory after coming back from appendix surgery, what will it take for you?

Baby Lee 12-19-2010 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedThat (Post 7273102)
The kid deserves some respect.

After todays game Im starting to believe in the guy as our quarterback. He just displayed a true testament of toughness out there and leadership.

To some people I understand its about him leading us to the playoffs and winning the superbowl in order for them to be satisfied...yada yada yada

Im not going to go by that mindset at all. I look at this game and I see the way he played and it tells me a lot about his character. We should be proud. We got a pretty good quarterback folks. That 2nd round pick we gave up was well worth it.

I think composure, toughness, and leadership are key attributes for a quarterback. Cassel has those qualities and I also love the fact that he plays with passion too.

However, I believe the number one attribute as a quarterback is the ability to respond under pressure. So now I don't want to jump the gun here and say he has that capability, but I will say, after coming back from an appendectomy and performing the way he did, is a great sign and a step in the direction towards performing well under pressure. So far so good Matt. Keep up the good work:thumb: you sure as heck got my support.

I'll take 'what doubters WEREN'T doubting' for $1000, Alex.

SAUTO 12-19-2010 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 7273188)

Spot on
Posted via Mobile Device

Wallcrawler 12-19-2010 03:54 PM

That run he took off on, took the hit and popped up with the fist-throw and scream was pretty sweet. He's becoming a leader on the field, for certain.

How can you not get behind a guy like that.

The Bad Guy 12-19-2010 03:54 PM

Quote:

No, it isn't.

This mantra that he has to be a "franchise QB" in order to be successful here is a steaming pile of shit that people keep heaping on in order to continue to try to be "right" about him.

He's never going to be the level of Manning, Brady, Brees, Rivers, Ben. What he is going to be is someone that we can win games with and will be an asset to this offense.

|Zach| 12-19-2010 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedThat (Post 7273189)
23 TD's, 5 picks. A 90 someodd qb rating. Leading your team to victory after coming back from appendix surgery, what will it take for you?

He needs to win an NFL game while transcribing TommyKat posts on Chiefs Planet so normal people can understand them.

Micjones 12-19-2010 03:54 PM

I really hate the term "franchise QB". There are about 7 of them across the NFL. That's 1 for every 4 teams in the league.

24 Passing TD's, 5 INT's this season.
If you don't like the guy...say that. Make sure everyone knows it's personal and has nothing to do with the way he performs on the field. To keep pretending he hasn't done enough for you to be content is bullshit.

Red Brooklyn 12-19-2010 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 7273190)
I'll take 'what doubters WEREN'T doubting' for $1000, Alex.

Baby Lee, continuing to set standards on interneting.

The Bad Guy 12-19-2010 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 7273198)
That run he took off on, took the hit and popped up with the fist-throw and scream was pretty sweet. He's becoming a leader on the field, for certain.

How can you not get behind a guy like that.

Because of the overwhelming need for a lot on here to try to be "right".

dirk digler 12-19-2010 03:55 PM

Quote:

Agree with your response. Cassel has earned my respect with the way he gutted it out today

|Zach| 12-19-2010 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 7273205)
Because of the overwhelming need for a lot on here to try to be "right".

Or miserable.

Hammock Parties 12-19-2010 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 7273200)
This mantra that he has to be a "franchise QB" in order to be successful here is a steaming pile of shit that people keep heaping on in order to continue to try to be "right" about him.

He's never going to be the level of Manning, Brady, Brees, Rivers, Ben. What he is going to be is someone that we can win games with and will be an asset to this offense.

Depends your definition of a franchise QB.

My definition is someone you can win a SB with. There are several of those guys in the league, including guys like Rodgers, Ryan, etc.

I want a QB at that level, at the least. Doesn't have to be Elway or Manning.

milkman 12-19-2010 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 7273203)
I really hate the term "franchise QB". There are about 7 of them across the NFL.

If you don't like the guy...say that. Make sure everyone knows it's personal and has nothing to do with the way he performs on the field. To keep pretending he hasn't done enough for you to be content is bullshit.

I'll be honest, the thing that helped me get behind him.

He grew facial hair.

The Bad Guy 12-19-2010 03:56 PM

Quote:

He has to win in the playoffs. Bottom line. I want wins in January and February. This good in the regular season really don't mean shit when it comes down to it. Cassel has played the last couple of months with about everything we want in a franchise QB but it comes down to winning when it counts.

And if he doesn't this year, we will get numerous posts from you about how you were right and how he sucks.

The fact this team is even looking at the playoffs in year 2 of a massive rebuild is impressive as hell.

Micjones 12-19-2010 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gif Horse (Post 7273212)

My definition is someone you can win a SB with. There are several of those guys in the league, including guys like Rodgers, Ryan, etc.

Hilarious for two reasons.
1. He's outplayed BOTH of them this season.
2. Neither of them have ever won a Superbowl.

beer bacon 12-19-2010 03:57 PM

Quote:

No, it isn't.

2,700 passing yards, 24 TDs, and 5 INTs. He has played well this season, and it is silly to think otherwise. Also, today he had would have four or five more completions and a bunch more yards if our receivers didn't have the dropsies. He played very well. He showed good touch and accuracy, and he also showed good poise in the pocket and scrambling ability. Just admit he did a fine job.

The Bad Guy 12-19-2010 03:57 PM

Quote:

Then your definition of a franchise QB extends to about half of the QBs in the NFL.

milkman 12-19-2010 03:57 PM

Quote:

So, Eli Manning is a franchise QB?

Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson were?

keg in kc 12-19-2010 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedThat (Post 7273189)

The same thing it will take for the entire team to convince me they've really turned around: meaningful games against good competition.

It's not his/their fault they've played the schedule that they have - they don't have any control over who lines up against them - but the fact remains that I have to see them do it against quality teams before I'm really convinced. I'm just not going to be sold before that point.

Maybe we'll see that in January. Maybe we'll see it in 2011. We're not going to see it in December. And that's not his fault or the team's fault, obviously.

1ChiefsDan 12-19-2010 03:57 PM

Quote:

This game did count. All the games count. Without regular season wins you don't get to play in January and February. :shake:

RedThat 12-19-2010 03:57 PM

Quote:

Keep hoping because it sure as heck ain't gonna happen. Cassel is here and I don't anticipate the Chiefs getting rid of him anytime soon. that doesn't just go for you, that goes for all the Cassel haters.

Goldmember 12-19-2010 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 7273115)
Who even gives a shit. Lets just keep winning.

I do. The guy has a ton of character. He'll probably never be one of the "elite" QBs of the league, nobody can question his grit and character and that counts a lot when you are the team's leader and can sometimes overcome athletic ability.

1ChiefsDan 12-19-2010 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 7273224)
The same thing it will take for the entire team to convince me they've really turned around: meaningful games against good competition.

It's not his/their fault they've played the schedule that they have - they don't have any control over who lines up against them - but the fact remains that I have to see them do it against quality teams before I'm really convinced. I'm just not going to be sold before that point.

Maybe we'll see that in January. Maybe we'll see it in 2011. We're not going to see it in December. And that's not his fault.

I still see this as the stupidest ****ing arguement. Cassel hasn't proved he can be our QB because he hasn't beat the teams we haven't played. :doh!:

Marcellus 12-19-2010 04:00 PM

The team responded today to plays Cassel made when before they were lackluster on offense and defense.

He made the difference. The pass to Bowe was huge as well as his running.

Afraid to get hit, LMAO at Claython.

Hammock Parties 12-19-2010 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedThat (Post 7273226)
Keep hoping because it sure as heck ain't gonna happen.

What? You're saying Cassel is never going to be at the level of Matt Ryan?

Baby Lee 12-19-2010 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 7273203)
I really hate the term "franchise QB". There are about 7 of them across the NFL. That's 1 for every 4 teams in the league.

Thing is, for all the talk of perspective, the real perspective we're all gonna get is what shitty shitty opponents we've been bequeathed by our 2009 record, the state of our AFCW, and our NFCW division opponent.

We're the Boise State of the NFL right now, impressive looking at times, but a lot of wondering how we'll fare against quality opponents.

FTR< that goes for the whole team.

|Zach| 12-19-2010 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldmember (Post 7273230)
I do. The guy has a ton of character. He'll probably never be one of the "elite" QBs of the league, nobody can question his grit and character and that counts a lot when you are the team's leader and can sometimes overcome athletic ability.

Getting a bunch of basement dwelling sports message board haters convinced of something that is obvious isn't a big deal.

milkman 12-19-2010 04:01 PM

I think a franchise QB is the QB who is the unquestioned leader of the team.

Goldmember 12-19-2010 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 7273127)
I will admit that I am of a different opinion of him over the last few weeks than I was the first few. He looks like he is starting to "get it". Threw his 1st pic in forever today and took his first sack that was HIS fault today in a long time as well. Last year that spelled a loss. Today he played through it, played through some adversity and injury and led his team to a must win on the road.

And that pick probably wasn't his fault. Either Bowe or Moeakai ran the wrong route because they were both at the same spot. He's playing with probably the worst receiver group in the NFL that constantly seem to be making mistakes and dropping the ball.

1ChiefsDan 12-19-2010 04:02 PM

Quote:

Really? How many rings do Rodgers and Ryan have as starting QBs? I think it is the same number as Cassel as a starting QB. :thumb:

keg in kc 12-19-2010 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by denverdanchiefsfan (Post 7273233)
I still see this as the stupidest ****ing arguement. Cassel hasn't proved he can be our QB because he hasn't beat the teams we haven't played.

You misunderstand. When I said in my initial post that he's shown he can be a game manager, I was saying that he has proven he can be our QB.

What I don't know is if he can be anything more than a game manager. Because he hasn't been put into that situation yet.

Hammock Parties 12-19-2010 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 7273223)
So, Eli Manning is a franchise QB?

Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson were?

I should probably rephrase.

Someone who gives the team a chance to a win a SB.

Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson gave their defenses chances to win the SB.

OnTheWarpath15 12-19-2010 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 7273235)
The team responded today to plays Cassel made when before they were lackluster on offense and defense.

That long throw to Bowe was his best he's made in a Chiefs uniform, IMO.

More of that, please.

chiefzilla1501 12-19-2010 04:02 PM

Quote:

No, it isn't.

Only you. JFC.

Cassel had a terrific performance today. It wasn't ****ing average. He led the team to a convincing victory despite the Chiefs' receivers ****ing up on four 3rd down situations in the 1st quarter, and Dex ****ing up on an opportunity to extend a 4th quarter drive.

He played well in spite of horrible play from his supporting cast. He was the Chiefs' offense today. Period.

Hammock Parties 12-19-2010 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 7273222)
Then your definition of a franchise QB extends to about half of the QBs in the NFL.

I think it's about 10-12 guys. Which just goes to show I don't have some unrealistic standard for Cassel.

RINGLEADER 12-19-2010 04:03 PM

I'll eat up -- he's shown me enough.

But I think he remains a work in progress. Put another way, though, if he was a QBOTF draft pick I'd be pleased at where he's at.

Now if we could only get him receivers who can catch the damn ball...

Lonewolf Ed 12-19-2010 04:03 PM

Cassel could have played a bit timidly after having surgery, but he didn't. He has guts, no doubt, and I am thinking his guts might be right up there with Deberg. He ran for a first down and should have had another. Maybe it's just me, but 11 days after an apendectomy, if I was playing, running the ball myself would probably be the last thing I wanted to do.

So hats off to Matt. Sus cajones son grandes, Cassel! :thumb:

The Bad Guy 12-19-2010 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 7273235)

Reading his posts anymore reminds me of someone so desperately trying to fit in. He's trying to fit into the pessimistic crowd so much but it's an utter and epic fail.

milkman 12-19-2010 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 7273248)
You misunderstand. When I said in my initial post that he's shown he can be a game manager, I was saying that he has proven he can be our QB.

What I don't know is if he can be anything more than a game manager. Because he hasn't been put into that situation yet.

Lenny Dawson was a game manager.

Troy Aikman was a game manager.

Terry Bradshaw was a game manager.

Bart Starr was the very epitome of game manager.

But they were also franchise QBs.

Ming the Merciless 12-19-2010 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gif Horse (Post 7273249)
Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson gave their defenses chances to win the SB.

SO they are your definition of Franchise Qb? LOL....

Fail

http://i56.tinypic.com/1zuixe.jpg

dirk digler 12-19-2010 04:04 PM

Why are certain idiots complaining about his performance after coming off a major surgery anyway? They Chiefs were damn lucky he could suit up let alone play fairly decent.

RedThat 12-19-2010 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 7273224)

Maybe we'll see that in January. Maybe we'll see it in 2011. We're not going to see it in December. And that's not his fault or the team's fault, obviously.

Okay you got some good points. I will give you credit. And the Chiefs hardly played some good competition this year ala Indy, Jacksonville. Cassel didn't win us those games, but he didn't lose them either.

Time will tell. We may or may not get to see him perform in the playoffs? Hopefully this team makes it.

Quesadilla Joe 12-19-2010 04:06 PM

So is Chiefsplanet happy to have Cassel for the next 5 years now? Serious question.

|Zach| 12-19-2010 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 7273279)
So is Chiefsplanet happy to have Cassel for the next 5 years now? Serious question.

**** you. You are a quitter.

Just Passin' By 12-19-2010 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gif Horse (Post 7273256)
I think it's about 10-12 guys. Which just goes to show I don't have some unrealistic standard for Cassel.

You're a ****ing idiot.

RedThat 12-19-2010 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gif Horse (Post 7273236)
What? You're saying Cassel is never going to be at the level of Matt Ryan?

haha very funny. way to twist it claythan:LOL:

-King- 12-19-2010 04:07 PM

Quote:

Yep, you can see the team get excited around him. I think he's a guy that teammates want to win with. He's really turned into a leader.

Ming the Merciless 12-19-2010 04:07 PM

Quote:

I am...I mean if he stays injury free I think it will give us stability at the QB spot, and let us improve the rest of the team.....Could be worse things....

siberian khatru 12-19-2010 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 7273282)
**** you. You are a quitter.

ROFL:thumb:

diveonthefloor31 12-19-2010 04:07 PM

Cassel is tougher than nails
Tougher than beef jerky
Tougher than a burnt KC strip steak
Tougher than a Sherman tank

What the heck was that play call QB sweep?

And what I like best about Cassel? He is a big a fan as the best Chief's fan on this message board. He leads his team, motivates his team, inspires his team....
Holy crap that guy is a player!

Micjones 12-19-2010 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 7273240)
Thing is, for all the talk of perspective, the real perspective we're all gonna get is what shitty shitty opponents we've been bequeathed by our 2009 record, the state of our AFCW, and our NFCW division opponent.

When the season began... Both the Saints and Chargers had weaker schedules than the Chiefs. You ready to dismiss the numbers Brees and Rivers have put up this season because of that fact? I didn't think so...

ChiefsCountry 12-19-2010 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 7273218)
And if he doesn't this year, we will get numerous posts from you about how you were right and how he sucks.

The fact this team is even looking at the playoffs in year 2 of a massive rebuild is impressive as hell.

We are a year ahead of schedule mainly bc of the play of Cassel this year. I am happy we are winning and he is playing great. But the bottom line is I want playoff wins, I want us to be the Patriots and Steelers. I really don't want to be right at all about Cassel, I'm not some miserable douche like Mecca. I just want the Chiefs to win and to me that means in the postseason.

KChiefs1 12-19-2010 04:09 PM

QB is the least of this team's worries right now...

Bane 12-19-2010 04:10 PM

Quote:

Just FYI asshole,the Chiefs have won 3 times as many games as the Donks at the present time.....Eat shit troll.Serious answer.