ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Who likes the Bill Muir promotion and who dont? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=241184)

CrazyHorse 02-03-2011 04:26 PM

Who likes the Bill Muir promotion and who dont?

Just thought it might be easier to keep track with a poll.

-King- 02-03-2011 04:27 PM

...don't see a poll...

DeezNutz 02-03-2011 04:27 PM

Anxiously looking for the True Fan lever...

DJ's left nut 02-03-2011 04:29 PM

DUDE!

Poll fail - callout posts require the poll to be public.

You suck at life.

BigMeatballDave 02-03-2011 04:30 PM

At this point, I have no opinion.

I choose to at least wait to see if the O struggles next season before I start hemorrhaging out my vagina.

DeezNutz 02-03-2011 04:31 PM

Yep. Post another one with the public option, and this thing will die.

Rams Fan 02-03-2011 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 7404282)
Anxiously looking for the True Fan lever...

What is a true fan?

RealSNR 02-03-2011 04:33 PM

Make the poll results public.

We're taking down names of these assholes

dirk digler 02-03-2011 04:36 PM

Anyone that thinks Muir is a good promotion to OC need their head examined

-King- 02-03-2011 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 7404299)
What is a true fan?

People who support every little move the team makes even if it's a terrible one. Like this move here.

FWIW, I have no problem with Haley calling plays, I have a problem with Muir even having 1% say in the game plan.

ElGringo 02-03-2011 04:41 PM

Don't like the options, I like the move because it tells us where the team is at, and where it is going. If we fail miserably next year, dump Haley and bring in a coach that can work with an OC. If we come out with a playoff caliber team, keep Haley, Muir, and just keep things moving in this direction. While I hope the last option is true, I believe the first option is more accurate.

Hootie 02-03-2011 04:44 PM

Haley is the head coach...

This might be his one shot as NFL head coach...

if he wants to call the plays on his team...I am all for it.

If he sucks, they'll can him...if not...then good hire.

It's Haley's team so I don't mind the promotion...Haley is going to call the plays.

Mr. Laz 02-03-2011 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 7404313)
People who support every little move the team makes even if it's a terrible one. Like this move here.

FWIW, I have no problem with Haley calling plays, I have a problem with Muir even having 1% say in the game plan.

i'm not sure he will have any say. I'm not so sure that Muir is simple a "quality control/paper pusher".

Haley will decide what he wants done and then tell Muir what to do. Haley will call the plays while Muir deals with the offensive line.

bigger question is who is going to coach the QB's not the Oline

imo

CrazyHorse 02-03-2011 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 7404295)
Yep. Post another one with the public option, and this thing will die.

Go ahead Deez' you can add a couple options too if ya want. Just keep it simple or it gets too diluted.

-King- 02-03-2011 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 7404344)
i'm not sure he will have any say. I'm not so sure that Muir is simple a "quality control/paper pusher".

Haley will decide what he wants done and then tell Muir what to do. Haley will call the plays while Muir deals with the offensive line.

bigger question is who is going to coach the QB's not the Oline

imo

Nick siriani is the quality contol coach.
Posted via Mobile Device

CrazyHorse 02-03-2011 04:53 PM

Why so much speculation, then arguing like its fact? You people dont know shit.

DeezNutz 02-03-2011 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyHorse (Post 7404351)
Go ahead Deez' you can add a couple options too if ya want. Just keep it simple or it gets too diluted.

That's ok, man. Actually, avoiding the hindsight finger pointing is probably the best route, upon further consideration.

kcxiv 02-03-2011 04:53 PM

Not going to vote, going to do a write in. Haley wants his playbook and his plays. The guy is just going to coach them. Haley wants to call plays, and i dont mind that.

suds79 02-03-2011 04:56 PM

Ugh. Not really the vote option I was looking for.

I can't say I'm encouraged by it. But at the same time if Todd wants to run the show, fine. Just get it done. We know he's a great offensive mind.

Better that than him bringing somebody in and they fight all year long over control.

This way it's clear who's running the offense.

MIAdragon 02-03-2011 05:06 PM

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/Vomit.gif

eazyb81 02-03-2011 05:09 PM

Sure, it COULD work out perfectly, but how could anyone honestly like it at face value right now?

Molitoth 02-03-2011 05:11 PM

Haley will call the plays.... and I'm fine with that. Year 1 the whole f()Cking team sucked and thier was Zero chemistry, so I won't count that against Haley's playcalling.

Okie_Apparition 02-03-2011 05:25 PM

I am fine with it because it could mean Clark put his foot down. Haley is on his 2nd D coordinator and now shopping for his 3rd O coordinator. Hunt shelled out plenty for Weis and Crennel and that is enough. Haley could probably only afford to hire a first timer or last a last chance option. And I doubt Pioli could guarantee a job beyond 1 year.

End of the rope Todd. Hang yourself if you must but the cash cow has dried up.

notorious 02-03-2011 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 7404299)
What is a true fan?

LOL

This is ****ing awesome.

kstater 02-03-2011 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 7404362)
That's ok, man. Actually, avoiding the hindsight finger pointing is probably the best route, upon further consideration.

I think we found an option 1 voter.

notorious 02-03-2011 05:33 PM

http://i56.tinypic.com/a4wwp1.png

I can't let my 2 minutes of work go to waste :)

Shogun 02-03-2011 05:33 PM

I voted yes. Obviously everything was going to change with Weis leaving. I feel more comfortable knowing that puppet Muir is firmiliar with how this whole thing works, gameplanning and calling the plays and he isnt new with the NFL. He is obviously doing something alright if he has had a job in the NFL for 30+ years. And I trust Haley, I like his rash decisions, all of the 4th down play calls. I like his swag, So I'm gonna roll with it and hope he does his thing and leads up to victory and give Jamaal some more ****ing carries.

WV 02-03-2011 05:35 PM

I don't necessarily like it, but I'm not ready to get on the ledge with a lot of others. I'm willing to give it a chance.

DeezNutz 02-03-2011 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kstater (Post 7404463)
I think we found an option 1 voter.

HaydenWPI said not to go sucking Haley cock after the Chiefs go 11-5 next year, so I thought it best to start now.

Rain Man 02-03-2011 05:40 PM

Whatever Scott and Todd want is okay by me. They've made great progress so far and I have no reason to doubt them.

ToxSocks 02-03-2011 05:41 PM

I dont like it.

Bill Muir adds nothing new to the team. I am not confident in his ability to scheme. I do however think that Todd Haley will do just fine calling the plays, but we're going to see the angry, pissed at everyone and screaming like a maniac Todd that we saw in 09.

He's going to be spread to thin because he won't be happy with what Muir devises and will probably drastically modify what he puts together every week. Screaming at players will occur and the team will get stressed out and not play comfortably. It's a ticking time bomb waiting to happen.

But hold on a second....

IF, and a BIG IF, the play calling is divided up, it MIGHT not be so bad. If Muir calls the run plays and Haley becomes the PASSING game coordinator like he was in Dallas, it might not be too bad.

Hootie 02-03-2011 05:44 PM

In 2009, Haley was a first time head coach with a bunch of guys who weren't quite sold coaching guys who were unfamiliar with his system, unfamiliar with his expectations, etc. etc. etc.

People are being a bit naive if they think Todd Haley is going to be the same guy in 2011 as he was in 2009.

the Talking Can 02-03-2011 05:45 PM

it doesn't really matter which 205 year old Haley hires to wipe his ass...

this all rests on Haley

DaFace 02-03-2011 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WVChiefFan (Post 7404470)
I don't necessarily like it, but I'm not ready to get on the ledge with a lot of others. I'm willing to give it a chance.

I am quoting this post to indicate my agreement with its contents.

ToxSocks 02-03-2011 05:47 PM

You know, now that I think about it....

If Muir is devising the running game every week and Haley is scheming the passing game...maybe it wont be a disaster. Lets see if they bring in a QB coach. My worry is that Haley may be too abrasive to get through to Cassel.

Rasputin 02-03-2011 05:47 PM

He is 70yo. other than that.....

I'm not going to go homeristic over the hire. I still am going to be optimistic with the direction we are headed, provided we have a good draft and guys step up huge for us that we drafted the last few years.

I'm sure we will be in the same situation next year with hireing another OC so he is a filller for the next guy imo. Haley is going to be calling the shots.

I would think a HC would be making most of the game planning and let the OC have at it on game day play calling. That would make most since to me.

WTF?!?!? If Muir is compitant fine, but mid season and he has a heart attack or just keels over dead from being OLD then again we will be looking for a new OC.

Hootie 02-03-2011 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 7404506)
it doesn't really matter which 205 year old Haley hires to wipe his ass...

this all rests on Haley

and I don't see the problem with that

this is his team, this is his shot...he may never get another

I have no problem with a head coach calling the shots...that's why he's paid.

Referencing his 2009 is stupid if you ask me...we're a different team with different personnel with guys who know what to expect.

patteeu 02-03-2011 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Meat Dragon (Post 7404328)

It's Haley's team so I don't mind the promotion...Haley is going to call the plays.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 7404488)
Whatever Scott and Todd want is okay by me. They've made great progress so far and I have no reason to doubt them.

I agree with these. If Haley wants to call the plays, I'm OK with it. I think it's great that he's going to have someone focused on O-coordination and gameplanning throughout the week so he can attend to head coaching matters (unlike his first season here), but on gameday I'm fine with him calling the plays. And I also like the fact that a Muir hire means relative consistency going forward for the guys who have been in the system for the past couple of years.

'Hamas' Jenkins 02-03-2011 06:00 PM

This poll outcome would be no different if Todd Haley hired badgirl as the OC.

Rain Man 02-03-2011 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 7404512)

WTF?!?!? If Muir is compitant fine, but mid season and he has a heart attack or just keels over dead from being OLD then again we will be looking for a new OC.

It's progress that we have a season where people aren't wishing the OC would keel over and die.

-King- 02-03-2011 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 7404546)

If you met Bill Muir in person and didn't know he was the OC, you would never guess he was the OC.

DeezNutz 02-03-2011 06:04 PM

The third option shows that people aren't entirely plugged into the situation because Muir is coaching the line. There's no such thing as "not sure" in this situation.

And, again, no one gives a shit about Haley calling plays, at least not in isolation. The problem is that a HC is supposed to manage the game on Sundays, first and foremost, and Haley was a ****ing disaster at this in '09.

CoMoChief 02-03-2011 06:06 PM

Well, IMO we've been down this road w/ Solari....and he ended up becoming the next Greg Robinson of asst coach bashing.

I see this as Haley's "yes sir" hire to be completely honest. Haley can't and won't keep his fingers off of the playcalling (don't know if that's a good or bad thing).

I don't like the hire(promotion) one bit.....but I'm willing to see what happens. I wish we had a different QB.

DaneMcCloud 02-03-2011 06:08 PM

Quote:

I don't necessarily mind that Haley will be calling the plays and I fully expect(ed) that to be the case.

The problem I have is with the man he hired. He's 69 years old and was a below average offensive line coach AND a below average offensive coordinator.

I'd have rather seen Nick Sirianni or any number of young coaches get the gig, even under the same exact circumstances.

DaneMcCloud 02-03-2011 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 7404546)

LMAO

NWTF 02-03-2011 06:12 PM

Quote:

Thats pretty much the way I see it. Everyone should have known this is the way Haley wanted it.

He is the HC, but is an OC at heart. He feels he can be HC and OC and succeed.

He deserves the chance to do it his way. Time will tell if he bit off more than he can chew.

SAUTO 02-03-2011 06:14 PM

I agree with this....

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 7404569)
I don't necessarily mind that Haley will be calling the plays and I fully expect(ed) that to be the case.

The problem I have is with the man he hired. He's 69 years old and was a below average offensive line coach AND a below average offensive coordinator.

I'd have rather seen Nick Sirianni or any number of young coaches get the gig, even under the same exact circumstances.

Posted via Mobile Device

doomy3 02-03-2011 06:15 PM

I hate it.

ChiefsCountry 02-03-2011 06:17 PM

I hate it bc Muir should have been fired from his OL job. Now we are letting him be the OC.

Hootie 02-03-2011 06:21 PM

why should anyone have been fired for anything this year?

88TG88 02-03-2011 06:31 PM

IDK if this has been mentioned, but this is the Mike Solari experiment all over again. It wont end well.

DaneMcCloud 02-03-2011 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Meat Dragon (Post 7404604)
why should anyone have been fired for anything this year?

The offensive lineman, especially Brendan Albert, have regressed since Muir was hired. Richardson, despite his ideal size and strength, has not progressed as expected. Jon Asamoah, a four year starter and rated the second best lineman in the draft, only started one game.

The receiving corp, outside of Bowe, was fairly awful. Bowe had a career year but it's not like it was "Out of the Blue". He'd been a 1,000 yard receiver with Damon Huard, Brodie Croyle and Tyler Thigpen as his QB.

The running backs were misused all year long.

With that in mind, I could have easily seen Haley dismiss Muir, Parmalee and Carthon, yet Muir was promoted.

Hootie 02-03-2011 06:34 PM

Nah.

Albert may just be a bust...and Richardson was a 6th round pick for crying out loud.

Asamoah is a rookie playing behind veterans (Waters, Lilja)...nothing wrong with that.

The line was inconsistent, sure...but I don't think anyone deserves to be fired after that season...especially, Dane, when you yourself predicted an 0-6 start to the season.

So yeah.

SAUTO 02-03-2011 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 88TG88 (Post 7404622)
IDK if this has been mentioned, but this is the Mike Solari experiment all over again. It wont end well.

It has been mentioned, but imo the two situations couldn't be more different.

not a fan of the move though
Posted via Mobile Device

Hootie 02-03-2011 06:35 PM

and the Solari comparisons are garbage...

Solari was calling the plays, Muir will not.

Quick

Quick

who is the offensive coordinator of the Saints? Packers?

DaneMcCloud 02-03-2011 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Meat Dragon (Post 7404628)
Nah.

Albert may just be a bust...and Richardson was a 6th round pick for crying out loud.

Asamoah is a rookie playing behind veterans (Waters, Lilja)...nothing wrong with that.

The line was inconsistent, sure...but I don't think anyone deserves to be fired after that season...especially, Dane, when you yourself predicted an 0-6 start to the season.

So yeah.

First off, I didn't "predict" it. It was just a flip comment that YOU picked up on. As a matter of fact, I "predicted" 7-9.

Secondly, you're freakin' nuts if you don't think that Albert has regressed and that Richardson "should" be further along. Asamoah was just as efficient and successful starting and playing in place of both Waters and Lilja (as a rookie, to boot), yet he was relegated to back up status.

Further to that, I'd like you to provide examples of how the running backs weren't mishandled and which receivers outside of the enormously talented Dwayne Bowe, made strides this past year.

RealSNR 02-03-2011 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Meat Dragon (Post 7404628)
Nah.

So yeah.

Albert had a solid rookie year in 2008 playing LT in an offense with which he was unfamiliar (Virginia wasn't a pistol spread).

So what gives? His regression is due to the playbook?

DaneMcCloud 02-03-2011 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 7404637)
Albert had a solid rookie year in 2008 playing LT in an offense with which he was unfamiliar (Virginia wasn't a pistol spread).

So what gives? His regression is due to the playbook?

He's a bust.

Hootie and Sac told me so.

DeezNutz 02-03-2011 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Meat Dragon (Post 7404630)
and the Solari comparisons are garbage...

Solari was calling the plays, Muir will not.

Quick

Quick

who is the offensive coordinator of the Saints? Packers?

Quick

Quick

Who are the QBs for those teams?

Hootie 02-03-2011 06:43 PM

the RB ordeal was frustrating in some games...but when it came down to it...when it really mattered...who was getting the carries? Jamaal. Jamaal was our featured player in the PLAYOFF game...Jones barely saw any touches.

I have no problem keeping wear and tear off Charles while he's putting up All-Pro seasons. Thomas Jones was also pretty good for 2/3 of the season...until he totally wore down towards the end.

and who did you expect to be a good receiver other than Bowe? Tucker looked ok for a minute or two and Bowe made HUGE strides this year...so there's that.

But you guys will bitch to bitch...

Seriously...

who's the Saints offensive coordinator?

Packers (who are in the Super Bowl)?

DO IT WITHOUT GOOGLE

This promotion means diddly...Haley is the OC and the HC...the Saints won a Super Bowl with a coach like that, and the Packers are in the Super Bowl this year with a coach like that...

so keep crying over spilled milk

Hootie 02-03-2011 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 7404639)
Quick

Quick

Who are the QBs for those teams?

...and?

That's a whole different argument dildo.

Hootie 02-03-2011 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 7404638)
He's a bust.

Hootie and Sac told me so.

perhaps he should just be playing guard...like he did when he excelled in college

besides...he was a liability in pass protection but he was still solid in the run game...

either way...good games and bad games...inconsistent...doesn't mean Muir isn't doing his job for crying out loud

the same people are bitching just to bitch

The Chiefs just won the division and people want coaches to be fired...the same people who predicted this team to have little success this season.

Riiiight.

RealSNR 02-03-2011 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Meat Dragon (Post 7404642)
the RB ordeal was frustrating in some games...but when it came down to it...when it really mattered...who was getting the carries? Jamaal. Jamaal was our featured player in the PLAYOFF game...Jones barely saw any touches.

I have no problem keeping wear and tear off Charles while he's putting up All-Pro seasons. Thomas Jones was also pretty good for 2/3 of the season...until he totally wore down towards the end.

and who did you expect to be a good receiver other than Bowe? Tucker looked ok for a minute or two and Bowe made HUGE strides this year...so there's that.

But you guys will bitch to bitch...

Seriously...

who's the Saints offensive coordinator?

Packers (who are in the Super Bowl)?

DO IT WITHOUT GOOGLE

This promotion means diddly...Haley is the OC and the HC...the Saints won a Super Bowl with a coach like that, and the Packers are in the Super Bowl this year with a coach like that...

so keep crying over spilled milk

Pete Carmichael Jr. and Joe Philbin.

What do I win?

(swear I didn't cheat)

Rams Fan 02-03-2011 06:47 PM

Quick TMD, tell me who the OC is for the Jags and Colts. No cheating.

Urc Burry 02-03-2011 06:48 PM

Don't really like it, but we didn't exactly have a lot of options...

RealSNR 02-03-2011 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 7404659)
Quick TMD, tell me who the OC is for the Jags and Colts. No cheating.

Dirk Koetter and Tom Moore

HE'S ON FIRE!!

RealSNR 02-03-2011 06:50 PM

Just don't ask me some shit like the Bills or the Cardinals. Or the Giants. I don't know that one either

Rams Fan 02-03-2011 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 7404667)
Dirk Koetter and Tom Moore

HE'S ON FIRE!!

Wrong. Moore isn't the OC anymore..

But the OC for the Colts was the OC in Tampa before Muir.

Rams Fan 02-03-2011 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 7404672)
Just don't ask me some shit like the Bills or the Cardinals. Or the Giants. I don't know that one either

Fine, who is the OC for the Dolphins? Vikings?

RealSNR 02-03-2011 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 7404673)
Wrong. Moore isn't the OC anymore..

But the OC for the Colts was the OC in Tampa before Muir.

**** just looked it up. Clyde Christenson.

Whatever. I still got Dirk Koetter. I declare victory anyway

RealSNR 02-03-2011 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 7404681)

Don't know the Dolphins. And the Vikings just hired Musgrave

Rams Fan 02-03-2011 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 7404684)
**** just looked it up. Clyde Christenson.

Whatever. I still got Dirk Koetter. I declare victory anyway

You haven't yet until you tell me who the OC is for the Lions.

Rams Fan 02-03-2011 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 7404686)
Don't know the Dolphins. And the Vikings just hired Musgrave

Brian Daboll.

DaneMcCloud 02-03-2011 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 7404687)

Your guy: Scott Linehan.

Hootie 02-03-2011 06:55 PM

fair enough

ChiefsCountry 02-03-2011 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 7404681)

Vikings just hired Bill Musgrave.

Rams Fan 02-03-2011 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 7404689)
Your guy: Scott Linehan.

Can we actually make a game out of this?

And yes, you are correct. I admit that as bad as a HC that Linehan was, he is a decent when he has some talent. He made Stanton look like a good QB FFS.

RealSNR 02-03-2011 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 7404687)

Dane is correct.

I live in NFC North country. I live and breathe this shit. It's all that comes on local sports talk. Do not play games with me. I will eat you.

Hootie 02-03-2011 06:56 PM

damn if SNR isn't cheating he knows his coaches...not bad, not bad at all

-King- 02-03-2011 06:57 PM

Who was the O line coach for the Packers in 1978?

QUICK
QUICK