ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   What players would you rather have than Andrew Luck? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=248111)

Saul Good 08-05-2011 07:36 PM

What players would you rather have than Andrew Luck?

If you had the number 1 pick in next year's draft, what players would you be willing to take in trade for the pick?

The Bad Guy 08-05-2011 07:37 PM

Aaron Rodgers, Philip Rivers.

That's about it.

KurtCobain 08-05-2011 07:37 PM

What The Bad Guy said.

Saul Good 08-05-2011 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 7804560)
Aaron Rodgers, Philip Rivers.

That's about it.

I'd put Suh on that list for sure.

MIAdragon 08-05-2011 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KurtCobain (Post 7804561)
For Luck? Cassel, Bowe, and one of our CBs.

:facepalm:

Saul Good 08-05-2011 07:39 PM

I think I'd roll the dice with Luck over Rivers, but it would be a tough call.

The Bad Guy 08-05-2011 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 7804562)

There's no chance I'd even entertain trading a potential stud QB for a DT no matter how good they are.

KurtCobain 08-05-2011 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIAdragon (Post 7804563)
:facepalm:

misread the question

Saul Good 08-05-2011 07:40 PM

Maybe that 5th round Tight End Denver drafted. According to knowmo, he's going to be the next big thing in the NFL, and knowmo seems like a sharp guy.

Oh yeah, Tebow obviously.

Saul Good 08-05-2011 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 7804565)
There's no chance I'd even entertain trading a potential stud QB for a DT no matter how good they are.

Suh is Reggie White.

KurtCobain 08-05-2011 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 7804565)

What about C Johnson and Suh for luck and your third rounder?

The Bad Guy 08-05-2011 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 7804570)
Suh is Reggie White.

As awesome as he is, I'm not trading a QB for any other position on the field.

Reaper16 08-05-2011 07:45 PM

Quote:

Suh is Reggie White.

And Reggie White didn't get a Super Bowl ring until he went to a team with an elite QB.

NaptownChief 08-05-2011 07:59 PM

Now this doesn't have squat to do with the topic other than it made me think of collge football and next years draft but one of the players I really like besides Luck is Cyrus Gray RB from Texas AM. In the last several years there have only been a few RB's that really jumped out at me when watching them play prior to them getting a lot of national hype. Edge James at the U, Frank Gore as a freshman at the U before tearing up his knee and Cyrus Gray. Just seems to be a different type of burst and feel for the running game. My instincts were right about the first two, curious to see if that is the case with Gray. Don't get me wrong there have been other RB's that looked good to me but I'm talking about guys that just seem to have the sure thing about them.

BossChief 08-05-2011 08:33 PM

I wonder if I was the first person to liken Suh to Reggie White?

10-21-09

Suh=Seymour/Reggie White (from what Ive seen of him)

The Bad Guy 08-05-2011 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 7804660)
I wonder if I was the first person to liken Suh to Reggie White?

10-21-09

Suh=Seymour/Reggie White (from what Ive seen of him)

Suh has a long, long freaking way before he's Reggie White.

DeezNutz 08-05-2011 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 7804562)

Chiefs fan?

Great Expectations 08-05-2011 08:42 PM

I'd take Sam Bradford over luck. They are about the same age and what Bradford did with the talent surrounding him coming from a spread offense was amazing. best rookie season for a qb I have seen with all things considered.

BossChief 08-05-2011 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 7804666)

As pure talent, not really.

They both were dominant right from the start of their careers.

As a player that can sustain that for a very long period of time, absolutely.

BossChief 08-05-2011 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Great Expectations (Post 7804673)
I'd take Sam Bradford over luck. They are about the same age and what Bradford did with the talent surrounding him coming from a spread offense was amazing. best rookie season for a qb I have seen with all things considered.

I tend to agree with you.

Bradford has already shown the ability to do it at the NFL level.

Lots of Junior QBs have shown the potential to be great NFL Qbs, but have flamed out for whatever the reason.

Bradford raised the level of play of the team around him the moment he took his first snap.

Lets see if Luck continues to improve without his QB guru to help him take the next steps.

Brianfo 08-05-2011 08:48 PM

Quote:

Suh is Reggie White.

Agree. Know that I will get flamed for this, but I wouldn't trade Cassell for Luck. Cassell just went to the pro-bowl. Luck hasn't done a fukn thing in the NFL. Big step up in the real world.

NaptownChief 08-05-2011 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 7804681)
I tend to agree with you.

Bradford has already shown the ability to do it at the NFL level.

Lots of Junior QBs have shown the potential to be great NFL Qbs, but have flamed out for whatever the reason.

Bradford raised the level of play of the team around him the moment he took his first snap.

Lets see if Luck continues to improve without his QB guru to help him take the next steps.

Agreed...and did it on a bad team while his WR's were dropping like flies from injury. Hist top 2 WR's coming out of camp Laurent Robinson and Avery both went down. So not only did he not have much talent to throw to but he didn't even have that much time to develop chemistry with the guys he had.

DeezNutz 08-05-2011 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brianfo (Post 7804688)
Agree. Know that I will get flamed for this, but I wouldn't trade Cassell for Luck. Cassell just went to the pro-bowl. Luck hasn't done a fukn thing in the NFL. Big step up in the real world.

You wouldn't trade this http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showp...5&postcount=10 for a shot at elite?

NaptownChief 08-05-2011 08:50 PM

Quote:

True but Luck has a ton of talent and made a bad program pretty darn good at Stanford....at the same time Cassell couldn't even get on the field in college. Granted he was behind a Heisman trophy winner but still. All that said you could end up being right. We will see in a couple years.

BossChief 08-05-2011 08:56 PM

I would trade every single pick we have in the next draft, and a second from the next year for the pick to take Luck.

I might even throw in Stanzi...

Zorn + Cassel + Luck = QB position solved for the next decade.

Worth every penny/draft pick.

RealSNR 08-05-2011 09:20 PM

I'm going to laugh if Luck gets depressed, turns to drugs, booze, and hookers, and ends up sucking himself out of the first round

DeezNutz 08-05-2011 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 7804706)
I would trade every single pick we have in the next draft, and a second from the next year for the pick to take Luck.

I might even throw in Stanzi...

Zorn + Cassel + Luck = QB position solved for the next decade.

Worth every penny/draft pick.

Hmm...tough to say. Reggie White might be in the next draft, and we already know what we have in Cassel. I'd hate to set this franchise back when we could take a safer position, like defensive tackle.

RealSNR 08-05-2011 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 7804769)
Hmm...tough to say. Reggie White might be in the next draft, and we already know what we have in Cassel. I'd hate to set this franchise back when we could take a safer position, like defensive tackle.

I'm laughing at all the people whacking it to Luck. The dude ****ing sucks. You hear me? ANDREW LUCK SUCKS! I'm not debating this, I refuse. He sucks.

And look, I'm not against drafting a QB in the first round, but we shouldn't just throw away 1st rounders on shitty QBs like Luck. If a REAL QB every shows up where we pick, then yes, absolutely, we should draft him.

DeezNutz 08-05-2011 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 7804775)
I'm laughing at all the people whacking it to Luck. The dude ****ing sucks. You hear me? ANDREW LUCK SUCKS! I'm not debating this, I refuse. He sucks.

And look, I'm not against drafting a QB in the first round, but we shouldn't just throw away 1st rounders on shitty QBs like Luck. If a REAL QB every shows up where we pick, then yes, absolutely, we should draft him.

Go with the sure thing? Makes sense. There's probably not a John Elway in this draft. You know, the type of player who will absolutely hit the ground running, playing at a HOF level.

BossChief 08-05-2011 09:36 PM

When you have a premier QB coach and an average starter, thats the perfect time to draft a player like luck.

If I made the offer I stated earlier and the team with the pick said "make that second the next year a first and we have a deal"

I shake hands and complete that deal before the other team has a chance to think it over.

Great Expectations 08-05-2011 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 7804769)

Solid points, but doesn't the guy you are referring to not take the old testament literally? If that is true calling him the next Reggie while he is still in college might be crossing the line.

BossChief 08-05-2011 09:45 PM

Championship teams are built in the trenches.

Mr. Laz 08-05-2011 11:12 PM

It will be very interesting to see what Luck does without Harbaugh.

Saul Good 08-05-2011 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 7804666)

Suh is going to be better than Reggie White. Jerry Rice is the best non-QB that has ever played the game. Suh will challenge him for this label.

Saul Good 08-05-2011 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 7804667)
Chiefs fan?

Crazy that there's one player in the entire league that I'd put ahead of a college QB. I must undervalue the QB position.

Direckshun 08-05-2011 11:48 PM

Over an unproven college prospect?

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Rogers
Rivers
Ryan
Freeman
Roethlisberger
Bradford

BossChief 08-05-2011 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 7804942)
Suh is going to be better than Reggie White. Jerry Rice is the best non-QB that has ever played the game. Suh will challenge him for this label.

Pretty much how I see it, too.

Suh could win 5 DMVP awards and a overall MVP award or three before its all said and done if he can stay healthy.

Nobody just throws linemen out of the way how Suh does.

Nobody.

ChiefsCountry 08-06-2011 12:16 AM

Quote:

Another Pro Bowl QB
http://www.bestsportsphotos.com/imag...roductid=20111
or even another
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images...jpg?1265297854

Proving Pro Bowl doesn't mean jack shit.

Direckshun 08-06-2011 12:18 AM

Here's a fun list to make -- can anyone list all Pro Bowl QBs this team has had?

ChiefsCountry 08-06-2011 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 7805015)
Here's a fun list to make -- can anyone list all Pro Bowl QBs this team has had?

Lenny
Kenney
Montana
Bono
Grbac
Green
Cassel

DeezNutz 08-06-2011 08:44 AM

In all seriousness, I agree with many of the comments about Suh's potential greatness. Dude just had a monster rookie year and seems to be on a completely different level than a lot of players in the league.

Furthermore, I'm not as enamored with Luck as most. I like him as a prospect, no question, but I don't think he's "other-worldly" by any stretch.

chiefzilla1501 08-06-2011 09:07 AM

I just have not been impressed with a lot of QBs that have declared for the draft the past few years, yet a lot of them seem to be succeeding at a higher rate. Luck is the best I feel like we've seen declare in a while (I feel like a lot of recent QBs were largely drafted on upside, with the hope that they could be coached up). I feel like from an intelligence, leadership, and technique standpoint, he's already top notch.

Saul Good 08-06-2011 09:28 AM

Luck is the best prospect I have seen since Manning.

BossChief 08-06-2011 10:28 AM

Everytime I watched a Stanford game, I couldn't help thinking I was watching Steve Young.

The same as when I watched Nebraska, I couldn't help but think Suh was a carbon copy of Reggie White.

I guess it depends if you saw Steve Young as an unworldly talent. I did.

Titty Meat 08-06-2011 10:33 AM

I think you guys are overrating Suh a bit.