ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Brian Waters signed by the Patriots (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=249478)

FRCDFED 09-04-2011 09:57 AM

Brian Waters signed by the Patriots

Running across the ESPN ticker.......

Dr. Johnny Fever 09-04-2011 10:00 AM

Upgrade. For him I mean.

Hammock Parties 09-04-2011 10:00 AM

Dorsey vs Waters would be cool

milkman 09-04-2011 10:02 AM

I suppose this deserves it's own thread, but it ain't exactly a newsflash either.

FRCDFED 09-04-2011 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 7878216)
I suppose this deserves it's own thread, but it ain't exactly a newsflash either.

It's news regarding a long time Chief..........try to keep up!

milkman 09-04-2011 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FRCDFED (Post 7878227)
It's news regarding a long time Chief..........try to keep up!

It was news that was posted in the "Brian Waters released" thread over 2 1/2 hours ago.

You're the dumbass that needs to keep up.

It was old news already.

lcarus 09-04-2011 10:14 AM

I hadn't looked in the Waters thread and had no plans to. So its news to me. Good for him I guess. Knew he'd land somewhere.

milkman 09-04-2011 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 7878239)
I hadn't looked in the Waters thread and had no plans to. So its news to me. Good for him I guess. Knew he'd land somewhere.

That's why I didn't call him out as a dumbass that reposted.

I simply pointed out that it was not newsflash for those of us that are keeping up.

aturnis 09-04-2011 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 7878237)
It was news that was posted in the "Brian Waters released" thread over 2 1/2 hours ago.

You're the dumbass that needs to keep up.

It was old news already.

You were just arguing with GoChiefs about how multiple threads for game pictures were necessary b/c the threads got too unruly to follow. Now you're repost police b/c he thought this bit of Chiefs related news deserved it's own thread and was already posted in an old unruly thread?

Please don't feel like I'm "out to get you" as this is the second time I'm calling you out today, but damn. Consistency bruh.

Dave Lane 09-04-2011 10:19 AM

I don't care. If its buried in anything more than a 50 post thread its not a repost.

threebag 09-04-2011 10:21 AM

Patriots celebrate signing of Brian Waters at neighborhood Golden Corral.

milkman 09-04-2011 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 7878248)
You were just arguing with GoChiefs about how multiple threads for game pictures were necessary b/c the threads got too unruly to follow. Now you're repost police b/c he thought this bit of Chiefs related news deserved it's own thread and was already posted in an old unruly thread?

Please don't feel like I'm "out to get you" as this is the second time I'm calling you out today, but damn. Consistency bruh.

Did I call him out for reposting?

I simply pointed out that it wasn't new news, and recognized that it was deserving of it's own thread.

I also believe that if you think you have brand new news, you should learn to check before you get all excited about posting it like you're breaking news, because there's a very good chance it's already been posted.

FRCDFED 09-04-2011 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 7878247)

I simply pointed out that it was not newsflash for those of us that are keeping up.

"Call me out?"......for not reading deep into a thread titled "released?"

Dude......get a ****ing life. The next time I want to be sure that news is "worthy of a new thread" I'll be sure to check with you first. I've been on this board for a long time and don't think I need to "check-in" before I post something.

"Call me out".......funny shit!

aturnis 09-04-2011 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 7878251)
I don't care. If its buried in anything more than a 50 post thread its not a repost.

Kind of how I look at it. Not everyone checks every dumbass thread. If one is bumped from weeks ago, I might not check it if it's something I don't care about. For all anyone knew, the Brian Waters cut thread could have been bumped by someone wondering why he hadn't caught on anywhere yet.

FRCDFED 09-04-2011 10:26 AM

FTR.........I could really care less if I am the first or the last to discover Chiefs related information. I just try to share what I find and I do make a cursory check of the thread titles to see if it's been reported. If I don't see it then I post it. Nothing more.......nothing less.

aturnis 09-04-2011 10:27 AM

So how long must he check random threads to make sure the news hasn't been posted in any of them before he decides it's alright to post it in it's own thread?

By that time, has someone else already posted the news? If so, then that guy gets the lashing for the non-repost repost. Poor guy.

Moral of the story...don't post Chiefs news in new threads.

Okie_Apparition 09-04-2011 10:29 AM

What about the other 21 people off the street they signed.

milkman 09-04-2011 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FRCDFED (Post 7878262)

Dude......get a ****ing life. The next time I want to be sure that news is "worthy of a new thread" I'll be sure to check with you first. I've been on this board for a long time and don't think I need to "check-in" before I post something.

You're a dipshit.

You didn't break any new news.

I pointed that out.

You got bent out of shape.

End of story.

threebag 09-04-2011 10:33 AM

Quote:

I simply pointed out that it was not newsflash for those of us that live on this site.

NTTAWWT

milkman 09-04-2011 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 7878273)
So how long must he check random threads to make sure the news hasn't been posted in any of them before he decides it's alright to post it in it's own thread?

By that time, has someone else already posted the news? If so, then that guy gets the lashing for the non-repost repost. Poor guy.

It took me ten seconds or less to find the exact post that Waters was signed by the Pats after reading your post here that I've qouted using the search function.

And the moral of the story is, if you think you're breaking news, you are probably wrong.

I didn't say that it shouldn't be posted as it's own thread.

I said be aware that it's probably very likely that you are posting news that has already posted.

Mr. Laz 09-04-2011 10:34 AM

i'm surprised they didn't wait until after the 1st game

Is the rule, in the new CBA, still the same about non-guaranteed contracts after the first game?

FRCDFED 09-04-2011 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 7878279)
You're a dipshit.

You didn't break any new news.

I pointed that out.

You got bent out of shape.

End of story.

Haha........you still don't get it..........you are all caught up in who "broke the news."

I really don't care who "broke the news." I a fan not a media outlet trying to take credit for breaking news.

I saw something on the ticker.......checked the thread titles.........and posted it.

You questioned whether or not it was worthy of its own thread. I'm not going to make a habit of explaining to you my rationale for opening threads. You can have all the credit for "breaking news."

Also, keep all your "dipshit" and name calling comments to yourself. It's probably a jerk reaction to being constantly made a fool of.

Run along an play now.:thumb:

patteeu 09-04-2011 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 7878251)

Sounds like a good rule of thumb to me.

milkman 09-04-2011 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by threebag02 (Post 7878286)
NTTAWWT

I've spent a lot of years doing a lot of things, some that shouldn't have.

I've reached a point in my life that I just want to relax at home in front of the TV with my laptop.

milkman 09-04-2011 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FRCDFED (Post 7878290)
Haha........you still don't get it..........you are all caught up in who "broke the news."

I really don't care who "broke the news." I a fan not a media outlet trying to take credit for breaking news.

I saw something on the ticker.......checked the thread titles.........and posted it.

You questioned whether or not it was worthy of its own thread. I'm not going to make a habit of explaining to you my rationale for opening threads. You can have all the credit for "breaking news."

Also, keep all your "dipshit" and name calling comments to yourself. It's probably a jerk reaction to being constantly made a fool of.

Run along an play now.:thumb:

I didn't question whether it deserved it's own thread.

I simply pointed out that it was old news, even though it does probaby deserve it's own thread.

And I didn't break the news.

I just think people should be aware that the news had already been posted.

Bowser 09-04-2011 10:57 AM

So I know that Belichick is a modern day Lombardi-esque genious and all, but is he playing with fire trying to mesh all these former great players together? It all has a feel of what Dan Snyder tried to do when he first went to Washington. You could probably extend this question towards the Eagles, as well.

Dr. Johnny Fever 09-04-2011 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 7878273)

This. Crazy isn't it.

I hadn't seen the news so it was news to me... so thanks for the news. I'm glad I didn't have to go through pages and pages of old news about his release seeking out some newer news that I wouldn't have even known was news to be looking for. This method was quite convenient... not to mention newsworthy.

JD10367 09-04-2011 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 7878369)
So I know that Belichick is a modern day Lombardi-esque genious and all, but is he playing with fire trying to mesh all these former great players together? It all has a feel of what Dan Snyder tried to do when he first went to Washington. You could probably extend this question towards the Eagles, as well.

Key differences:

1.) Belichick signs them for relative peanuts. Snyder throws bazillions at them. By picking them up when they're down, for cheap money, it motivates them to play better to show their former (or future) teams that they were wrong about them.

2.) Belichick coaches an organization that is well-run and wins. Both of those things inspire head-cases to behave more, at least for a while.

3.) Belichick usually doesn't sign them to play key roles. If they end up playing key roles, it's because they show they can.

4.) Waters doesn't fit the problem-child description anyway, more the "old veteran with something left in the tank". (At least, he's not a problem-child compared to Haynesworth.)

aturnis 09-04-2011 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 7878288)
It took me ten seconds or less to find the exact post that Waters was signed by the Pats after reading your post here that I've qouted using the search function.

And the moral of the story is, if you think you're breaking news, you are probably wrong.

I didn't say that it shouldn't be posted as it's own thread.

I said be aware that it's probably very likely that you are posting news that has already posted.

And that is probably buried in a 50+ post thread that most of the board probably hasn't seen.

Maybe we should be lambasting the idiot who "broke the news" and decided to "break" it in an old thread that most stopped caring about. Eh?

Chiefshrink 09-04-2011 11:20 AM

Quote:

Bellichek banks on 2 things: 1)Great players who still have a little in the gas tank and 2) his own reputation that great players will give him the rest of that gas because he has done it 3x thus a way to get a ring:thumb:

Deberg_1990 09-04-2011 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 7878391)
Key differences:

1.) Belichick signs them for relative peanuts. Snyder throws bazillions at them. By picking them up when they're down, for cheap money, it motivates them to play better to show their former (or future) teams that they were wrong about them.

2.) Belichick coaches an organization that is well-run and wins. Both of those things inspire head-cases to behave more, at least for a while.

3.) Belichick usually doesn't sign them to play key roles. If they end up playing key roles, it's because they show they can.

4.) Waters doesn't fit the problem-child description anyway, more the "old veteran with something left in the tank". (At least, he's not a problem-child compared to Haynesworth.)

and Oh yea, BB has developed a franchise with a culture of winning and a Hall of Fame QB.

Titty Meat 09-04-2011 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 7878261)
Did I call him out for reposting?

I simply pointed out that it wasn't new news, and recognized that it was deserving of it's own thread.

I also believe that if you think you have brand new news, you should learn to check before you get all excited about posting it like you're breaking news, because there's a very good chance it's already been posted.

Dumbass.

Bowser 09-04-2011 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 7878391)
Key differences:

All good points, but as a Pats fan, doesn't this have a feel of desperation, if just a bit? Maybe it's just me....

Simply Red 09-04-2011 11:33 AM

I didn't even know that Mow Wee Awki was out for the season until late last night. :shrug:

Simply Red 09-04-2011 11:36 AM

Quote:

You can't call out members with join dates of 2000, they're made men, well all except Frankie, he's part of the Al Kyeeeta - So SD&SU n00b!

T-post Tom 09-04-2011 11:36 AM

Thanks for the update. Good to know.

Simply Red 09-04-2011 11:37 AM

Quote:

You can't call out members with join dates of 2001 or longer, most of them are made men, well all except Frankie, he's part of the Al Kyeeeta - So SD&SU n00b!

this post is a joke - BTW - but don't think MM meant any ill will - he's just a cranky old bastard.

Bill Brasky 09-04-2011 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 7878435)
I didn't even know that Mow Wee Awki was out for the season until late last night. :shrug:

Same here. I found out at the bars from my buddy.

Simply Red 09-04-2011 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-post Tom (Post 7878447)
Thanks for the update. Good to know.

**** you! ;)

Simply Red 09-04-2011 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Brasky (Post 7878454)
Same here. I found out at the bars from my buddy.

sucks man. Oh well - we're doomed, such is life as a Chiefs fan.

Simply Red 09-04-2011 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 7878307)
I didn't question whether it deserved it's own thread.

I simply pointed out that it was old news, even though it does probaby deserve it's own thread.

And I didn't break the news.

I just think people should be aware that the news had already been posted.

You disrespected him a little.

Deberg_1990 09-04-2011 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 7878445)
You can't call out members with join dates of 2000, they're made men, well all except Frankie, he's part of the Al Kyeeeta - So SD&SU n00b!

Is he a friend of yours or a friend of ours?

Simply Red 09-04-2011 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 7878462)
Is he a friend of yours or a friend of ours?

I don't like many of you, to be honest. So most likely a friend of ya'lls.

slothf 09-04-2011 12:03 PM

good for him..he deserves a ring

milkman 09-04-2011 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slothf (Post 7878490)
good for him..he deserves a ring

Why?

Easy 6 09-04-2011 12:11 PM

Quote:

IMO the big difference is that the Pats are well run from the top down & have the championship aura to keep potentially unruly fading stars in check & following orders.

The skins dont have the leadership or winning program in place to do that.

milkman 09-04-2011 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 7878501)
IMO the big difference is that the Pats are well run from the top down & have the championship aura to keep potentially unruly fading stars in check & following orders.

The skins dont have the leadership or winning program in place to do that.

In spite of this, they haven't won a SB since '04, or been to one since '07, the first year they changed how they approached their team building.

Bump 09-04-2011 12:20 PM

Quote:

If it's buried in a mega thread, it's not a repost. Wasn't this covered a while back? YOU should keep up!

Simply Red 09-04-2011 12:23 PM

Oh shit Milkman about to drop mega-ton bombs

milkman 09-04-2011 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 7878513)
If it's buried in a mega thread, it's not a repost. Wasn't this covered a while back? YOU should keep up!

Please, point out where I said "repost".

JD10367 09-04-2011 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 7878427)
All good points, but as a Pats fan, doesn't this have a feel of desperation, if just a bit? Maybe it's just me....

Not to me. I don't know if by "this" you mean the signing of Waters, or if you're including the signings of Ocho and Haynesworth but, either way, no. Again, it's not like he's signing these guys to be studs he can count on. Sure, it'd be nice if they turned out that way; but he also brought in Carter and Ellis for the D-line, he's still got Welker and Branch at wideout... they're a bit thin at G/C due to injury and crappy depth, so if you can bring in an aging five-time Pro Bowler, why not? :shrug:

Hammock Parties 09-04-2011 12:29 PM

It's a good depth signing for a team in win-now mode.

Hardly desperate.

Easy 6 09-04-2011 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 7878505)
In spite of this, they haven't won a SB since '04, or been to one since '07, the first year they changed how they approached their team building.

True, but as long as they have Brady, Bully Bill & a decent defense, they're going to be considered an elite team, always in the running.

Bowser 09-04-2011 12:32 PM

Yeah, maybe I've got it all wrong. Just seems unusual that so many aging vets were brought in, but maybe due to the dynamics of this offseason, that was the best way to get a team ready to make a run?

And it's hardly a criticism. If the Chiefs had made similar moves, I'd probably be dancing around with dreams of Super Bowl in my head.

Bump 09-04-2011 12:36 PM

oops

mcaj22 09-04-2011 12:36 PM

Tom Terrific probably got sick of the stock piling of youth that wasnt developing fast enough.

The Mayor 07-25-2012 08:56 PM

Just read on PFT that Brian Waters is a no show at Pats camp. Remember those days?

MIAdragon 07-25-2012 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Mayor (Post 8767847)
Just read on PFT that Brian Waters is a no show at Pats camp. Remember those days?

He must have been disrespected......

morphius 07-25-2012 09:13 PM

I was in the camp that wasn't sad to see him go, I really thought his last couple years here that he wasn't giving anywhere near his previous effort on the field.

petegz28 07-25-2012 09:14 PM

I heard he wanted a meeting with BB and Kraft and he was told to take a hike.

Chief Roundup 07-25-2012 09:16 PM

Seen that they cut Joseph Addai today

kysirsoze 07-25-2012 09:23 PM

High character, locker-room leader

O.city 07-25-2012 09:24 PM

Big ass baby

Rain Man 07-25-2012 09:29 PM

Strangely enough, Belichick really could win with 22 guys off the street.

O.city 07-25-2012 09:30 PM

He's probably hanging with Whitlock somewhere.

wazu 07-25-2012 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kysirsoze (Post 8767958)
High character, locker-room leader

Brady is going to have to step up and fill the void.

Just Passin' By 07-25-2012 09:55 PM

The thought is that Waters and Belichick have worked it out so that Waters will show up later in camp. Waters didn't really say much when asked about it:

Quote:

"I'm not really talking about it, you'll have to talk to the Patriots about it," Waters told the Boston Globe. "At this moment, I'm not really discussing the situation. Right now I'm just handling things between me and the team. If they want to talk to you, that's fine, but I'm not really talking about it."
http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-e...rity-on-status

Planetman 07-25-2012 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 8767923)
Seen that they cut Joseph Addai today

Engrish much?

Chief Roundup 07-25-2012 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Planetman (Post 8768071)
Engrish much?

What I didn't put a period at the end?

dallaschiefsfan 07-25-2012 10:08 PM

This is funny. Brian Waters was just on my flight a couple of hours ago. Did a double take at first, but it was definitely him.

In58men 07-25-2012 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 8768101)
What I didn't put a period at the end?

Saw*

Chief Roundup 07-25-2012 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 8768111)
Saw*

That would only be if I used the word I to begin the sentence. Or was even trying to make a full sentence. It was just a note type of thing.

DaneMcCloud 07-25-2012 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 8767980)
Strangely enough, Belichick really could win with 22 guys off the street.

As long as Tom Brady is the QB

Titty Meat 07-25-2012 11:09 PM

That guys a bitch

BossChief 07-26-2012 02:04 AM

He is doing the same tired shit he did here.

Trying to act like if he isn't guaranteed a starters job, he wants out.

It's too bad he is such a whiney bitch because he was one hell of a gold player for us for a long time.

Would have been nice to see him play his whole career here and pass the torch to Allen.

kcxiv 07-26-2012 04:38 AM

lol, Waters back at it again. Maybe hes just doing this so he doesnt have to be at camp, sincehe doesnt really need to be there right now. lol

The Mayor 07-26-2012 05:01 AM

Must be babysitting again. He started acting like he was too old for a full camp when Vermeil was still our coach

Marcellus 07-26-2012 05:35 AM

Interesting, when Waters threw a fit here it was because Pioli and Haley were dicks, when he throws a fit in NE it's because he is a dick.

Oh how the tide turns on CP LMAO

Amnorix 07-26-2012 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morphius (Post 8767911)
I was in the camp that wasn't sad to see him go, I really thought his last couple years here that he wasn't giving anywhere near his previous effort on the field.

Can't comment on what he did for KC the last few years, but he was a freaking life saver for the Pats last year. One of our best OLinemen.

I suspect that he is the latest in a long string of very experienced veterans who has the "nod and a handshake" deal with BB about missing some of camp, etc.

There's no question that -- despite his reputation for being a hard-ass -- BB will give tremendous latitude to veterans with proven track records. There's even a video out of there of him talking to his son on the practice field saying "if you're a veteran, you love me. If you're a rookie, you hate me." Something like that anyway.

Amnorix 07-26-2012 07:05 AM

For myself, all I can say is that I hope Waters comes back. I'm not worried about him missing some/most of training camp. I'm very confident that if/when he shows up, he'll perform fine. Just don't retire buddy! :grovel: