ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Huge pet peeve of mine... non related sports gear at a game. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=249835)

pr_capone 09-11-2011 09:31 PM

Huge pet peeve of mine... non related sports gear at a game.

Today at the game I saw Mizzou, Steelers, Raiders, K-State, Royals, Braves, Red Sox, Yankmees, Angels, and Avalanche gear being worn.

I can't even begin to understand why someone is wearing a Braves jersey to a Chiefs football game 1500 miles away from Atlanta. Or for that matter, the dumbass rocking Cowboys gear at a game that had absolutely nothing to do with the his team.

MAYBE I could understand it if you are a Cowboys fan and you go to a game where the Chiefs are playing the Eagles. At least in that situation you are giving the finger to a division rival.

Dayze 09-11-2011 09:33 PM

morans, and/or reeruns.

kcxiv 09-11-2011 09:35 PM

i been to Raiders/Broncos games and Raiders/ Dolphins games in Oakland and wore the Chiefs.

Chief Spoon 09-11-2011 09:36 PM

I can fully relate. Maybe they like football. I live no where near Kansas City, but you can bet your ass that when I go to a game I'm rocking my Jamaal Charles jersey [paid good money for it too].

I love football and consequently, I go to football games, no matter who is playing.

pr_capone 09-11-2011 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 7900435)
i been to Raiders/Broncos games and Raiders/ Dolphins games in Oakland and wore the Chiefs.

Why?

You fit into my maybe scenario where you are wearing your colors in a division rival's house. But still.... why?

Do you have some intrinsic need to wear sports regalia to a sporting event, even if the team you are repping isn't playing?

</post> 09-11-2011 09:38 PM

I hate shit like that, but I hate it even more when I see a reeruned choice for a Chiefs jersey. For instance, I saw an authentic Colquitt jersey today. I've seen Succop, Boerigter, the O-Linemen ones are ****ing stupid too. Who the **** shells out that much cash for the ****ing punter's jersey. He better have been related to him or trolling people like me.

chief52 09-11-2011 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 7900435)

Why would anyone wear Chief gear in Oakland? Just makes for a long day if you ask me. 90% are not a problem...but the vocal, drunk 10% make the day no fun.

pr_capone 09-11-2011 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by </post> (Post 7900448)
I hate shit like that, but I hate it even more when I see a reeruned choice for a Chiefs jersey. For instance, I saw an authentic Colquitt jersey today. I've seen Succop, Boerigter, the O-Linemen ones are ****ing stupid too. Who the **** shells out that much cash for the ****ing punter's jersey. He better have been related to him or trolling people like me.

Saw a dude wearing a black and silver Charles jersey today. Made me sick to think of Charles as a Raider.

Bugeater 09-11-2011 09:39 PM

The fans of most of the teams you listed are generally douchebags, so I'm not surprised by that. The regional stuff like Royals, Mizzou and KSU isn't really all that bad IMO.

mcaj22 09-11-2011 09:40 PM

Quote:

wearing the jersey of the MVP of the Chiefs in Colquitt is NOT a reeruned choice.

kcxiv 09-11-2011 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 7900446)
Why?

You fit into my maybe scenario where you are wearing your colors in a division rival's house. But still.... why?

Do you have some intrinsic need to wear sports regalia to a sporting event, even if the team you are repping isn't playing?

easy, because im sporting my team. I got invited to watch the Raiders play for free. I said, why the hell not. WTF am i supposed to wear a raiders hat? **** no, imma wear my team. I dont give a ****.

If someone has an issue with it, guess what? not my problem.

Ming the Merciless 09-11-2011 09:41 PM

thats because you are a pussy

i wear chiefs gear to every event

Captain Obvious 09-11-2011 09:41 PM

You should bring extra Chiefs shirts/hats and pass them out to the offenders. That'll show them.

</post> 09-11-2011 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 7900460)
Saw a dude wearing a black and silver Charles jersey today. Made me sick to think of Charles as a Raider.

Were you in 329? If so, I was sitting in the same row as that guy. Dbags...

kcxiv 09-11-2011 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chief52 (Post 7900453)
Why would anyone wear Chief gear in Oakland? Just makes for a long day if you ask me. 90% are not a problem...but the vocal, drunk 10% make the day no fun.

I went with a few people, so i had nothing to worry about. My friends were all Raider fans, and they had my back. I wasnt trippen on anything. I only had one bad experience some dude tried to fight me in the stands, but when i stood up to him, he pussed out. Other then that. its been good for me.

Chief Spoon 09-11-2011 09:42 PM

YOU KNOW WHAT I F***ING HATE?

WHEN I WALK INTO A HOLLISTER TO SEE PEOPLE WEARING AMERICAN EAGLE. WHO DO THEY THINK THEY ARE? DON'T THEY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING?

I MEAN, I MIGHT BE ABLE TO UNDERSTAND IF THEY WERE GIVING A GIFT CARD. BUT THAT GIFT CARD BETTER HAVE BEEN GIVEN TO THEM BY A RELATIVE, UNLESS THEY ARE JUST TRYING TO UPSET PEOPLE LIKE ME.

</post> 09-11-2011 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 7900462)
wearing the jersey of the MVP of the Chiefs in Colquitt is NOT a reeruned choice.

LMAO Not the MVP today.

pr_capone 09-11-2011 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 7900471)
easy, because im sporting my team. I got invited to watch the Raiders play for free. I said, why the hell not. WTF am i supposed to wear a raiders hat? **** no, imma wear my team. I dont give a ****.

If someone has an issue with it, guess what? not my problem.

Neutral colors perhaps? Wear just a regular t-shirt?

Why you gotta go all honey badger?

jspchief 09-11-2011 09:44 PM

Ya if I'm going to an NFL game, I'm wearing Chiefs gear. No matter who's playing.

pr_capone 09-11-2011 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by </post> (Post 7900481)
Were you in 329? If so, I was sitting in the same row as that guy. Dbags...

Ming the Merciless 09-11-2011 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 7900489)
Neutral colors perhaps? Wear just a regular t-shirt?

youre the kinda guy who bases his wardrobe on what others think?

why do you care what someone else wears?

if you went to an NFL game you would sport another team's colors just to fit in?

LMAO

Ming the Merciless 09-11-2011 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 7900492)
Ya if I'm going to an NFL game, I'm wearing Chiefs gear. No matter who's playing.

this

Ive only been to a few stadiums......but ive sported some kind of chiefs gear to all of them....at minimum a hat.

KurtCobain 09-11-2011 09:48 PM

I will always wear chiefs gear to any nfl game I go to. That's my nfl team. Suck it.

And maybe the Braves fan was like beer me, hates the NFL. And he's a rebel. That's ****ing badass.

Chiefs4Croyle 09-11-2011 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Spoon (Post 7900484)

WHEN I WALK INTO A HOLLISTER TO SEE PEOPLE WEARING AMERICAN EAGLE. WHO DO THEY THINK THEY ARE? DON'T THEY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING?

I MEAN, I MIGHT BE ABLE TO UNDERSTAND IF THEY WERE GIVING A GIFT CARD. BUT THAT GIFT CARD BETTER HAVE BEEN GIVEN TO THEM BY A RELATIVE, UNLESS THEY ARE JUST TRYING TO UPSET PEOPLE LIKE ME.

That makes no sense

pr_capone 09-11-2011 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 7900510)
youre the kinda guy who bases his wardrobe on what others think?

if you went to an NFL game you would sport another team's colors just to fit in?

Yup, that is me. I will wear any team's colors just to fit in. That is exactly what I said and your reading comprehension is top ****ing notch.

Okie_Apparition 09-11-2011 09:51 PM

It's not the gear
it's the voicebox

Ming the Merciless 09-11-2011 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 7900534)
Yup, that is me. I will wear any team's colors just to fit in. That is exactly what I said and your reading comprehension is top ****ing notch.

have fun going through your wardrobe looking for neutral colors praying you dont offend someone, you little bitch

grow some balls and sport chiefs

pr_capone 09-11-2011 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 7900553)
have fun going through your wardrobe looking for neutral colors praying you dont offend someone, you little bitch

grow some balls and sport chiefs

Yup. Probably going to a Royals game before the end of the season. I'll make sure to wear my NJ Devils jersey so I won't be a little bitch. Plus I get to rep a team that doesn't even play the same ****ing sport.

4 gold stars for me!

Chief Spoon 09-11-2011 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 7900589)
Yup. Probably going to a Royals game before the end of the season. I'll make sure to wear my NJ Devils jersey so I won't be a little bitch. Plus I get to rep a team that doesn't even play the same ****ing sport.

4 gold stars for me!

I'll agree that cross sports gear is weird [baseball at a football game and such], but I still support wearing Chiefs jerseys no matter what football game I'm at. Usually, people are pretty nice about it as long as you don't be obnoxious about it.

Mama Hip Rockets 09-11-2011 10:00 PM

I have never understood this either. Especially when the other team is playing at the same time. Why would you be wearing Steelers gear at another team's stadium instead of actually watching the Steelers game?

Phobia 09-11-2011 10:27 PM

I used to be a Texans STH. I wore my Chiefs gear there.

Why would it bother anybody that much?

Wearing a Braves jersey is a lot better than the moron sitting 2 rows in front of me wearing a youth jersy 2 sizes too small with L. Johnson on the back.

ClevelandBronco 09-11-2011 10:32 PM

How do you feel about people who wear heterosexual clothing to homosexual weddings?

pr_capone 09-11-2011 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco (Post 7900726)
How do you feel about people who wear heterosexual clothing to homosexual weddings?

Never been to the wedding of a Bronco fan. Will let you know if it ever happens and my thoughts on the subject.

GordonGekko 09-11-2011 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 7900404)
Today at the game I saw Mizzou, Steelers, Raiders, K-State, Royals, Braves, Red Sox, Yankmees, Angels, and Avalanche gear being worn.

I can't even begin to understand why someone is wearing a Braves jersey to a Chiefs football game 1500 miles away from Atlanta. Or for that matter, the dumbass rocking Cowboys gear at a game that had absolutely nothing to do with the his team.

MAYBE I could understand it if you are a Cowboys fan and you go to a game where the Chiefs are playing the Eagles. At least in that situation you are giving the finger to a division rival.

Lol, I hear ya, the Braves? haha. Last year I was at the Texans Colts game in Houston and some buttface was wearing a Vikings jersey and another a Steelers jersey. Braves jersey takes the cake

TimeForWasp 09-12-2011 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco (Post 7900726)

That sounds gay. :hmmm:

kcxiv 09-12-2011 04:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thurman merman (Post 7900626)
I have never understood this either. Especially when the other team is playing at the same time. Why would you be wearing Steelers gear at another team's stadium instead of actually watching the Steelers game?

Because sometimes its just fun to go watch a NFL football game even if its not your team. Hell, i went mostly to watch Elway and Marino back in the 90's. Hate Elway, but respect the**** out of his QB play. Wish we had someone close to his level of talent. Same with Dan.

Free tickets, why the hell not. When iw as a kid i used to go to about 10 A's games a year. I dont even like the A's. I just went to go see some baseball.

PhillyChiefFan 09-12-2011 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 7900729)
Never been to the wedding of a Bronco fan. Will let you know if it ever happens and my thoughts on the subject.

LMAO

That made my morning.

WhiteWhale 09-12-2011 07:02 AM

I couldn't care less what clothes other people wear.

Hoover 09-12-2011 07:11 AM

This is a pet peeve of mine too. I'm in the camp that I always wear Chiefs gear to any NFL game, but I also agree that finding good Chiefs gear is difficult.

I also get to one Chiefs game a year but will attend all seven Iowa Hawkeye games. That means I have invested in a ton of Hawkeye gear. So when I'm in KC on Monday night for the Chiefs/Chargers game, I might be wearing Hawk gear with a read Chiefs hat because I simply have more options to choose from depending on the weather.

The last thing I'm going to do is run out and buy a 100 dollar windbreaker after the Chiefs home opener.

WV 09-12-2011 07:18 AM

Never really thought about it, but look at it like going to a rock concert. Do you always wear a t-shirt specifically of the band your going to see??

Two things that bother me more are grown men with their own name on the back of their jerseys and grown men wearing baseball gloves to baseball games. If your above the age of 10 or so you don't get to do either anymore.

Predarat 09-12-2011 07:46 AM

After the year the Avalanche had last year, you should have bought the person wearing the A-V-S jersey a beer.

Fat Elvis 09-12-2011 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WVChiefFan (Post 7900990)
Never really thought about it, but look at it like going to a rock concert. Do you always wear a t-shirt specifically of the band your going to see??

Two things that bother me more are grown men with their own name on the back of their jerseys and grown men wearing baseball gloves to baseball games. If your above the age of 10 or so you don't get to do either anymore.

Those buttholes on the field better get with the program.

pr_capone 09-12-2011 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 7901252)

LMAO

Fire Me Boy! 09-12-2011 09:32 AM

Quote:

Not a damn thing wrong with wearing a Will Shields jersey.

tooge 09-12-2011 10:04 AM

I saw a guy in line yesterday with a bunch of Steelers shit on. Jersy, hat, and even a terrible towel hanging on the front of his pants. Seemed a bit odd to me being that we dont play the Steelers for a while

WV 09-12-2011 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 7901252)

Hell the way they played it might as well have been a bunch of mid 40's fan's with their names on their backs!

LVNHACK 09-12-2011 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Spoon (Post 7900484)

You guys gonna let a n00b yell at you...?..talk shit on his 8th post..?..geesh....you *uckers are soft b*tches

Papi 09-12-2011 01:57 PM

Quote:

I disagree. Many people, maybe not you, visit other cities and decide to take in what that city has to offer. I can understand wanting to rep your nfl team despite not having a dog in the fight. I don't think that's weird. Mizzou, K-State, Royals - maybe they didn't have or want to buy Chiefs gear but still show they're local. I can handle that. Red Sox, Yankees, Angels, & Avalanche gear... it's strange but unless I see A LOT of it I don't get my panties in a bunch and air out my hurt vagina on chiefsplanet. I think you're redirecting your anger from the chefs colossal ineptitude yesterday.

Frazod 09-12-2011 02:03 PM

I've done this frequently. I never go to Wrigley unless I'm wearing Cardinals gear, regardless of whether or not the Cardinals are playing. The Cub fans don't seem to like it, which is kind of the reaction I'm going for.

I would also wear Chiefs stuff to Bears games at Soldier Field when the Bears weren't playing the Chiefs. Nobody seemed to give a shit.

pr_capone 09-12-2011 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papi (Post 7902230)
I disagree. Many people, maybe not you, visit other cities and decide to take in what that city has to offer. I can understand wanting to rep your nfl team despite not having a dog in the fight. I don't think that's weird. Mizzou, K-State, Royals - maybe they didn't have or want to buy Chiefs gear but still show they're local. I can handle that. Red Sox, Yankees, Angels, & Avalanche gear... it's strange but unless I see A LOT of it I don't get my panties in a bunch and air out my hurt vagina on chiefsplanet. I think you're redirecting your anger from the chefs colossal ineptitude yesterday.

Ok Papi. First. What the **** are you disagreeing with exactly? That I saw people wearing gear from other teams or that I don't understand why someone would wear a Braves cap to a Chiefs game.

I ask this because I made no definitive statement FOR you to disagree with. Now, while I'm sure some of my annoyance was due to the game... this is something that has annoyed me for some time.

Glad to know that your vagina is not in need of air.

pr_capone 09-12-2011 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 7902265)
I've done this frequently. I never go to Wrigley unless I'm wearing Cardinals gear, regardless of whether or not the Cardinals are playing. The Cub fans don't seem to like it, which is kind of the reaction I'm going for.

But that makes sense... you are giving the bird to a division opponent.

Quote:

I would also wear Chiefs stuff to Bears games at Soldier Field when the Bears weren't playing the Chiefs. Nobody seemed to give a shit.
This is what I don't get. But don't kid yourself. They were wondering WTF you were thinking when you got dressed that morning... they were just too polite to say anything to ya. :D

Fish 09-12-2011 03:03 PM

I thought that only women concerned themselves with what clothing other people wore...?

Dr. Johnny Fever 09-12-2011 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KurtCobain (Post 7900525)
I will always wear chiefs gear to any nfl game I go to. That's my nfl team. Suck it.

And maybe the Braves fan was like beer me, hates the NFL. And he's a rebel. That's ****ing badass.

WTF? How did I get dragged into this? I don't hate the NFL anyway sweet fancy Moses!

Damn you Joey ya bastard!

LMAO

Dr. Johnny Fever 09-12-2011 03:08 PM

This thread settles it. I was thinking about making the trip for the Vikings game and now I'm doing it. And I'm wearing my Royals Jersey. I'm edgy like that.

pr_capone 09-12-2011 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beer me (Post 7902608)
This thread settles it. I was thinking about making the trip for the Vikings game and now I'm doing it. And I'm wearing my Royals Jersey. I'm edgy like that.

LMFAO

Frazod 09-12-2011 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 7902568)
This is what I don't get. But don't kid yourself. They were wondering WTF you were thinking when you got dressed that morning... they were just too polite to say anything to ya. :D

I was at a Bears/Packers game back in the 90s wearing Chiefs stuff. Over the years I've become something of a half-assed Bears fan, but I didn't give a crap about either team then. I was at the game with a couple from Kenosha (Packers) and a really hot female bartender friend from Chicago. Every time the Packers did something good I yelled "Packers!" and every time the Bears did something good I yelled "Bears!" I was getting grief from my friends as well as everybody around me, but it was all in fun. The best part was the Chiefs had already played and beaten both teams earlier in the season, so there wasn't shit anybody could say to me. :D

Mama Hip Rockets 09-12-2011 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 7900920)
Because sometimes its just fun to go watch a NFL football game even if its not your team. Hell, i went mostly to watch Elway and Marino back in the 90's. Hate Elway, but respect the**** out of his QB play. Wish we had someone close to his level of talent. Same with Dan.

Free tickets, why the hell not. When iw as a kid i used to go to about 10 A's games a year. I dont even like the A's. I just went to go see some baseball.

Nothing wrong with going to an A's game. There are 162 baseball games a year. But would you go to a Steelers-Bills game at the same time the Chiefs were playing?

Molitoth 09-12-2011 06:47 PM

Pet Peeve thread?

Slow drivers in the passing lane gets me road raging.

Extra Point 09-12-2011 06:59 PM

Anything not red, nor Chiefs related, besides a girl with a nice ass, shouldn't really be in anyone's avatar.

Saulbadguy 09-12-2011 07:16 PM

What a coincidence. My pet peeve is shitty message board posters.

pr_capone 09-12-2011 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 7903412)

Good thing that this doesn't apply to me! ;)

Dr. Johnny Fever 09-12-2011 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 7903412)

Soooo when are you going to quit?

OH NOOOO HE DIN'T!!!!

chefsos 09-12-2011 08:30 PM

I'm pretty sure that if you could ask all of those people today what they wore yesterday, most of 'em would have no idea. People just throw shit on and they don't really care what it is.

teedubya 09-12-2011 09:03 PM

I went to the Jets/Cowboys game wearing a KU tshirt.

Consistent1 09-12-2011 09:05 PM

What makes me laugh is people wearing multiple team's shit that doesn't match well.

Phobia 09-13-2011 07:08 AM

It seriously does PMO when people wear Puma socks with Nike shoes - or Adidas shorts with New Balance shoes. Get it together.

Deberg_1990 09-13-2011 07:13 AM

Quote:

I can't even begin to understand why someone is wearing a Braves jersey to a Chiefs football game 1500 miles away from Atlanta.

I guess i cant even begin to understand why this would piss someone off? Who cares.

Bob Dole 09-13-2011 07:24 AM

It pisses Bob Dole off when they don't take whatever team's headgear they're wearing off during the National Anthem.

Predarat 09-13-2011 07:54 AM

The next time I go to a Cheifs game I am going to wear a Wichita Thunder jersey, it will piss of the Chiefs fans, and double piss off fans of the Chiefs and Mizzou Mavericks.

luv 09-13-2011 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Dole (Post 7904921)
It pisses Bob Dole off when they don't take whatever team's headgear they're wearing off during the National Anthem.

This.

Also, as a female, I've always been told that I'm allowed to leave my head covered in such instances. I usually wear a ball cap (Chiefs) to games to keep my hair out of my face and the sun out of my eyes. When the National Anthem starts, I take it off. It just doesn't feel right not to.

Saulbadguy 09-13-2011 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 7904986)
This.

Also, as a female, I've always been told that I'm allowed to leave my head covered in such instances. I usually wear a ball cap (Chiefs) to games to keep my hair out of my face and the sun out of my eyes. When the National Anthem starts, I take it off. It just doesn't feel right not to.

It's a meaningless artifact of symbolism, but I still do it so some dumb redneck doesn't get uppity.

I won't take a hat off during a balls cold game though, like the Miami game a few years back. Too many layers to deal with.

Raiderhater58 09-14-2011 03:06 AM

went to a Phillies game once decked out in Chiefs gear. I had my Chiefs gear on reppin' MY city and MY team, not to mention the day before the Phillies got destroyed by the Royals :)