ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs In support of Todd Haley (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=251224)

13and3 10-12-2011 06:15 PM

In support of Todd Haley

1 Attachment(s)
Chiefs lets go to work hat.

Shogun 10-12-2011 06:17 PM

How want to be look more like though..

Chiefaholic 10-12-2011 06:18 PM

Try uploading the image again

milkman 10-12-2011 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shogun (Post 7990138)

Know hell say you what?

Fritz88 10-12-2011 06:20 PM

He's got to go.

milkman 10-12-2011 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fritz88 (Post 7990146)
He's got to go.

To work.

BossChief 10-12-2011 06:22 PM

Quote:

He's got to go.

**** that noise

The team is running through walls for him and he called Cassel a pussy.

Hes AOK in my book

Smed1065 10-12-2011 06:22 PM

Maybe this.

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/bbprN

Haley explains his superstitious ways

October 12, 2011 By Bill Pollock

The good luck hat from 2010
If Todd Haley has it his way, he’ll look like Santa Claus. Just don’t expect him to change his red hat, you know the sweaty-salt stained hat he’s been wearing lately? The hat, along with his beard, is staying as long as the Chiefs are winning.
Haley said he’s always been superstitious, especially when it comes to football, going all the way back to his childhood days when he would go to football games in Pittsburgh with his dad. Now that the Chiefs have a two game win streak heading into their bye week, Haley explains why he’s wearing the hat and growing the beard. Todd Haley Audio (:52)

BossChief 10-12-2011 06:25 PM

Interesting, so it was a hat from last year...presumably from when they were winning games.

mdchiefsfan 10-12-2011 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 7990157)
**** that noise

Hes AOK in my book

Exactly.

HemiEd 10-12-2011 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 7990157)
**** that noise

Hes AOK in my book

agreed, he is not perfect, but nobody is

BigMeatballDave 10-12-2011 06:29 PM

Quote:

He's got to go.

I'm going to cock punch you...

durtyrute 10-12-2011 06:34 PM

I'm standing behind Haley 100%. It's been a long time since the Chiefs have had a coach that was an up and comer and we held on to him for a long time. I like Haley, he has the guts to do what most people will never do. Sometimes it's great and sometimes it sucks donky kong's daddy balls, but **** IT. THIS IS CHIEFTOWN BITCHES..........LET'S GET IT.

007 10-12-2011 06:37 PM

Quote:

:doh!::shake:

Rain Man 10-12-2011 06:38 PM

I think the reason we lost our first two games was the fact that Haley looked dapper. Homeless Haley wins games. Haute Haley doesn't.

13and3 10-12-2011 06:39 PM

Todd doesn't tolerate any bullshit. Great management style.

mikey23545 10-12-2011 06:40 PM

Quote:

Smed has a mult?

Shogun 10-12-2011 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cheap Bastard (Post 7990194)
Smed has a mult?

ROFL

the OP made no sense without the picture so I felt the need the post something that made even less sense

MahiMike 10-12-2011 06:51 PM

I wanna see more of the fiery Todd from last year. He was too soft earlier on. We need more sideline blowups. This team never stopped fighting. Even though I wanted them to.

Smed1065 10-12-2011 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shogun (Post 7990201)
ROFL

the OP made no sense without the picture so I felt the need the post something that made even less sense

Hum, Imitation guess go flattery.

:D

Smed1065 10-12-2011 06:56 PM

What is funny is how I knew what he was talking about in the OP.

Its a learned trait. :banghead:

Delaney37 10-12-2011 07:40 PM

I like seeing the fire and desire with Haley. Hope he sticks around. Seeing the sideline exchange with Cassel reminded me of Parcells vs. Phil Simms on the Giant's sideline.

BossChief 10-12-2011 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delaney37 (Post 7990320)
I like seeing the fire and desire with Haley. Hope he sticks around. Seeing the sideline exchange with Cassel reminded me of Parcells vs. Phil Simms on the Giant's sideline.

funny enough, thats EXACTLY what I thought of as it was taking place.

A lot of Haley screams Parcells except Haley is more offensive minded, obviously. Probably why Parcells gave him a shot in the first place.

Deberg_1990 10-12-2011 07:41 PM

hes sold his house and is on the hot seat....

CoMoChief 10-12-2011 07:42 PM

Hope he's a fan of freezing his ears off in late Nov/Dec games.

CoMoChief 10-12-2011 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 7990325)

Dude you heard that too?

Brianfo 10-12-2011 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by durtyrute (Post 7990180)
I'm standing behind Haley 100%. It's been a long time since the Chiefs have had a coach that was an up and comer and we held on to him for a long time. I like Haley, he has the guts to do what most people will never do. Sometimes it's great and sometimes it sucks donky kong's daddy balls, but **** IT. THIS IS CHIEFTOWN BITCHES..........LET'S GET IT.

This. Haley has balls and the "it" factor. He is not a retread. He will be successful weather it be here or "there." Prefer that it's here.

CoMoChief 10-12-2011 07:46 PM

I like Haley........like him a lot. I like it when he gambles.....at least he plays to win....whether or not it's the best time to do it or not....I like that style.

I like his firery passion on the sidelines. Football is not a game for pussies....these are grown men, out there putting their bodies on the line and knocking the shit out of each other.....there needs to be a general on the sidelines that amps up the situation a little bit. Herm was a pussy and didn't allow swearing on the practice fields, DV was too old and cried too much (but cared), the last badass we had that Chuck Norris would approve of was foul-mouthed yellow-tinted hardass Gunther Cunningham.

milkman 10-12-2011 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 7990346)
the last badass we had that Chuck Norris would approve of was foul-mouthed yellow-tinted hardass Gunther Cunningham.

Not exactky what I would call a glaring endorsment.

In spite of that fact, and the absolute dumbassery required to mention that useless dumbass, I like Haley and think he has what it takes to be a great coach if given the chance to grow into it.

Rain Man 10-12-2011 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 7990328)
Hope he's a fan of freezing his ears off in late Nov/Dec games.

The beard will take care of that.

Mr. Arrowhead 10-12-2011 08:25 PM

a little off topic, but isnt this the last year of Haley contract or is it next season?

crossbow 10-12-2011 08:36 PM

I like a coach that can flip off fans and get away with it. He is taking heat for not winning with a team that just plain isn't good enough yet. Getting there but they haven't arived yet. I hope he keeps his job for at least long enough to coach a playoff win.

milkman 10-12-2011 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Arrowhead (Post 7990464)
a little off topic, but isnt this the last year of Haley contract or is it next season?

Next season.

Sassy Squatch 10-12-2011 08:37 PM

http://i732.photobucket.com/albums/w...20/14j1bab.gif

Mr. Arrowhead 10-12-2011 08:37 PM

you gotta feel bad for the guy that got stuck with Matt Cassel as his qb

kysirsoze 10-12-2011 08:43 PM

I'm definitely a Haley supporter. I had a hiccup regarding his preseason approach, but have come to terms with it and respect trying something different. In fact, that's what I like most about Haley. He doesn't seem to slavishly hold to football truisms. He'll go for it on 4th if he feels like it (and the numbers actually back up most of those calls), he'll bench a good player if he thinks it will help his development, the list goes on. He's bound to screw up a few times with this approach, but I think he'll eventually develop his own approach that results in a lot of success. As others have said in this thread, I hope that success is with us and not elsewhere because KC gave up on him.

BossChief 10-12-2011 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 7990392)
Not exactky what I would call a glaring endorsment.

In spite of that fact, and the absolute dumbassery required to mention that useless dumbass, I like Haley and think he has what it takes to be a great coach if given the chance to grow into it.

I totally agree.

Id also like to add (and I have mentioned this a couple times) he has a lot of added value with his backround in scouting and talent evaluation.

There is no doubt in my mind that the reason we had such good drafts the last two were because of the combination of Pioli and then Haley "chipping in" his thoughts on players.

His backround going back to the Steelers and his dad have got be playing a role in the months and weeks leading up to the draft and then on draft day specifically.

One thing needs done though...he needs to take the reigns and call the damn plays.

NJChiefsFan 10-12-2011 09:16 PM

I have said it before and I fully believe it. You give Haley a QB where he can run the offense he ran in ARI, and he will be fine.

The roster plays hard for him and he has gotten the most out of the star players(ex. Bowe and DJ). Thats a huge part of a coaches job. He doesn't have a QB in a QB league.

BossChief 10-12-2011 09:20 PM

Stanzi is gonna **** shit up when he gets a chance with this team and coaching staff.

NJChiefsFan 10-13-2011 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 7990675)
Stanzi is gonna **** shit up when he gets a chance with this team and coaching staff.

That looks less and less likely this year.

jlscorpio 10-13-2011 12:58 AM

I went to Haley's first training camp as HC, and have been a fan of his since. My only beef w/Todd is that he seems unable to hold onto an OC. Maybe if you want something done right, you gotta do it yourself. I'm definitely not ready to shitcan him over this season. It would be a real shame if he's saddled w/Casshole his entire tenure as HC here.

Easy 6 10-13-2011 05:01 PM

Keep the hat, lose the black slacks, they're one step away from Jerry Glanville.

RockChalk 10-13-2011 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 7990325)

Cowher is buying it, right?

whoman69 10-13-2011 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 7992712)
Keep the hat, lose the black slacks, they're one step away from Jerry Glanville.

There's a winner to emulate

Easy 6 10-13-2011 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 7992744)
There's a winner to emulate

If he keeps wearing those things, the NFL will stand for...

tomahawk kid 10-13-2011 05:26 PM

I'm squarely in Haley's corner as well, largely based on my feeling that the guy is bringing a knife to a gun fight (talent wise) most Sundays.

If Pioli sandbags Haley for that shitbag McDaniels, I might be done for awhile.

I do wish Haley'd just call the plays for the O - McCarthy and Peyton both call plays for their offenses and its not a big deal.

talastan 10-13-2011 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 7990191)
I think the reason we lost our first two games was the fact that Haley looked dapper. Homeless Haley wins games. Haute Haley doesn't.

This, it isn't Todd Haley on the sideline if he doesn't have a 5 o'clock shadow, a glare of death, and mouth full of obscene words.

tomahawk kid 10-13-2011 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 7992712)

"Are you the Iowa or Iowa State quarterback?"

Pants 10-13-2011 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shogun (Post 7990201)
ROFL

Why? He showed his Chiefs-themed "let's go to work" hat. You know, he puts it on when it's time to get to work. :)

lewdog 10-13-2011 05:43 PM

I loved how all of the people calling for Haley's firing earlier this year didn't actually recommend anyone they wanted to replace him.

Cowher....no
McDaniels...no
Gruden....no

I personally don't mind him and I really don't see much better available.

kysirsoze 10-13-2011 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog_5 (Post 7992777)
I loved how all of the people calling for Haley's firing earlier this year didn't actually recommend anyone they wanted to replace him.

Cowher....no
McDaniels...no
Gruden....no

ROMEO

:Lin:

saphojunkie 10-13-2011 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog_5 (Post 7992777)

Cowher....no
McDaniels...no
Gruden....no

I'd love to have Gruden and Luck.

Or Cowher and Luck.

Or Haley and Luck.

mlyonsd 10-13-2011 05:51 PM

With Haley's well documented post game congratulation antics, the worse he looks the more it distracts opposing coaches throughout the game. They keep looking across the field wondering what the crazy homeless looking guy will do to them if the game becomes a blowout. Then BAM, Bowe scores.

Genious.

lewdog 10-13-2011 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kysirsoze (Post 7992786)
ROMEO

:Lin:

Oh I forgot, Romeo and his pressure defensive scheme.

Could someone tell me the last time he dialed up more than a handful of blitzes in a game?

saphojunkie 10-13-2011 06:07 PM

Has anyone thrown out this theory?

Pioli turned on Haley because of Josh McDaniels.

After Josh McDaniels was fired, Pioli wanted to bring him in. Todd Haley flatly refused to work with him. This wouldn't be the first time that Haley has done such a thing. He refused to work with Terrel Owens back in Dallas.

Pioli bristled at Haley challenging his authority. Meanwhile, McDaniels thinks better of working for Todd Haley. Maybe Haley said something and ruined any chance of them working together. McDaniels goes to St. Louis, Pioli gets pissed and begins this whole "their relationship is bad" thing.

Then Moeaki is injured. Then Berry. Then Jamaal. Now Haley's offseason plan is ruining any chance of a solid season. Pioli structured Cassel's deal so that he could either be cut or benched with MINOR salary cap issues after this year.

Pioli sits back and watches the blowouts, watches all of the feel-good vibes being thrown out with yesterday's Zubaz (god willing), and thinks "Screw Haley. He's gone." He feeds the information after week 4 to Michael Lombardi that Haley's antics are wearing thin. This is preparing all of the fans for what comes next week - this "hothead" Haley, who can't control himself, is dragging down the franchise, and has to go.

Fire Haley.

Tank season.

Draft Andrew Luck.

Hire Josh McDaniels, who will absolutely do whatever he's told by Pioli.

This would explain four things:

1. Why we didn't sign any marquis free agents. Pioli isn't going to help out Haley.
2. Why the OC position was harder to fill than Defense Against the Dark Arts professor.
3. Why Lombardi wrote the article about Haley's antics.
4. Why Pioli would wait until AFTER Indianapolis to fire Haley.
a) away game.
b) sets you firmly on a path to the #1 overall pick.

Obviously, it's a conspiracy theory, but in a bye week, what else are you going to do?