ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Batman Arkham City rocks (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=251291)

lcarus 10-14-2011 03:20 PM

Batman Arkham City rocks

Got an early copy. It's really sweet. Only game I've really felt like playing in a long time. Think I'm growing out of them. Never thought that could happen, but it is what it is.

Valiant 10-14-2011 03:27 PM

It is cyclical.. Though if the single player is anything like the previous or better then it, it will be game of the year..

I for the longest time got bored with shooters.. Then bored with rpg's now back on shooters.. Sometimes I only play a game to talk to old friends.. Easier to do in shooters..

lcarus 10-14-2011 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 7995076)
It is cyclical.. Though if the single player is anything like the previous or better then it, it will be game of the year..

I for the longest time got bored with shooters.. Then bored with rpg's now back on shooters.. Sometimes I only play a game to talk to old friends.. Easier to do in shooters..

I had a good ol time with Modern Warfare 2 for a while. Then got really sick of it. Then Black Ops came and was a total downgrade. Now I just despise COD and all the clones that come with it. The only games that can get me excited are games with serious nostalgia value or a sequel to a game I loved a while back. Hence why Arkham City and Bioshock Infinite are really the only 2 games I've looked forward to in a long time.

crispystl 10-14-2011 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 7995055)
Got an early copy. It's really sweet. Only game I've really felt like playing in a long time. Think I'm growing out of them. Never thought that could happen, but it is what it is.

I hardly ever play anymore. My friends and I used to rock Ncaa football four players on the same team and just crank out seasons in franchise mode. Then when I first moved in with my wife I played Ncaa football, COD4 and Battlefield 2 online all the time. Then a couple years ago I moved to N.C. and had to quit smoking bud and I have pretty much quit playing at all. I think it's more because I had to quit smoking than I'm getting older (I'm 29 now) but I miss it and I wish I could still get into it like I used to. With all that said I will buy Battlefield 3 and give that a shot.

keg in kc 10-14-2011 06:28 PM

It's definitely cyclical, and I think it depends on the quality of the games available. I've beta tested The Old Republic over two weekends the last month and a half, probably 50-60 hours each weekend, and played nothing else the rest of the time, aside from a few hours of KOTOR.

I might get Arkham City, but money's real tight this fall. Probably end up getting it on sale a while down the line.

Kraus 10-14-2011 06:39 PM

I loved the first. This one is already bringing in AAA reviews. Can't wait.

SnakeXJones 10-14-2011 06:51 PM

Too bad I cant pickup it up on released day but next paycheck along with Battlefield 3 both will be mine

lcarus 10-14-2011 10:35 PM

What's really sad is that I often don't get into "gaming mode", where I really have the urge to game. It's more that sometimes I get into "nostalgic mode". I play a lot of NES, SNES, and Playstation 1 emulators at work when there's nothing to do. Sadly I have a great time with a lot of those games more than I do with all these amazing looking games that are being pumped out left and right now days.

KcMizzou 10-14-2011 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 7995940)
What's really sad is that I often don't get into "gaming mode", where I really have the urge to game. It's more that sometimes I get into "nostalgic mode". I play a lot of NES, SNES, and Playstation 1 emulators at work when there's nothing to do. Sadly I have a great time with a lot of those games more than I do with all these amazing looking games that are being pumped out left and right now days.

I'm the same way. Mainly I use my 360 for Netflix.

But there is the occasional, Mass Effect, Red Dead, Bioshock, that consumes my free time now and then.

In the end, it's worth it.

KcMizzou 10-14-2011 10:43 PM

This game does look badass too though.. BTW

007 10-14-2011 10:48 PM

As much as I am looking forward to this game, I am going to try and wait it out for the price drops.

Taco John 10-15-2011 12:33 AM

I thought I was growing out of games. Then Starcraft II came out. A year later, I'm still hooked...

Imon Yourside 10-15-2011 09:30 AM

I might be interested if it weren't brucey vein, not a batman fan at all. Back to Rage, Orcs must die and Supreme Commander 1. :)

Jerm 10-15-2011 09:47 PM

This and Skyrim will own my soul for the forseeable future...

kysirsoze 10-15-2011 10:50 PM

I pre-ordered this months ago and put it out of my mind. I forgot it was coming out so soon until I saw this thread. Thanks alot, asshole. Now the next three days are to be ****ing torture.

007 10-15-2011 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kysirsoze (Post 7997716)
I pre-ordered this months ago and put it out of my mind. I forgot it was coming out so soon until I saw this thread. Thanks alot, asshole. Now the next three days are to be ****ing torture.

:LOL:

Fire Me Boy! 10-17-2011 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 7995076)
It is cyclical.. Though if the single player is anything like the previous or better then it, it will be game of the year.

Eh, don't jump the gun there, Stretch. ;)

It's going to have to beat Skyrim, which I where I'd put my money on Game of the Year. I certainly think Skyrim's the one to beat.

Gravedigger 10-17-2011 03:48 PM

Love it when people post about new games/movies/books they somehow got an "advanced copy" of and then say the most very basic review of said item that we could've all figured out the minute the game was announced.

If you're looking for a more believable review I'd suggest IGN, Gametrailers, or Gamespot.

This just in... Halo 4 is pretty awesome!

007 10-17-2011 03:58 PM

Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary will be a gamechanger.

SnakeXJones 10-17-2011 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 8002026)
Love it when people post about new games/movies/books they somehow got an "advanced copy" of and then say the most very basic review of said item that we could've all figured out the minute the game was announced.

If you're looking for a more believable review I'd suggest IGN, Gametrailers, or Gamespot.

Halo is weak

Valiant 10-17-2011 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 8001994)

It's going to have to beat Skyrim, which I where I'd put my money on Game of the Year. I certainly think Skyrim's the one to beat.

Ehh.. I think it will be in the running.. Just sales and other rpg's will dilute its exposure compared to batman where, there is not much near to batman..

Jerm 10-18-2011 10:55 AM

Yeah this game is pretty much incredible...

Looks gorgeous, awesome story and cinematics so far, and the gameplay is top notch...I can see myself playing this for a VERY long time.

Definite, definite GOTY contender.

Saulbadguy 10-18-2011 10:57 AM

My copy is waiting for me at my door. Doubt I play it tonight though, way too many other games i'm working on.

Jerm 10-18-2011 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 8003907)
My copy is waiting for me at my door. Doubt I play it tonight though, way too many other games i'm working on.

I wouldn't start it if you're working on other games...you won't want to stop playing it once you start.

Pants 10-18-2011 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 8001994)

LOL, no.

TOR is going to sweep everything like WoW did in 2004 or whatever it was.

frankotank 10-18-2011 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8003942)
LOL, no.

TOR is going to sweep everything like WoW did in 2004 or whatever it was.

sorry, you lost me....what's TOR?

Pants 10-18-2011 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 8003986)
sorry, you lost me....what's TOR?

The Old Republic.

frankotank 10-18-2011 11:39 AM

I just watched an 8 minute review of Batman Arkham City. looks pretty good. last game I really fell in love with was Borderlands (don't laugh...am I the only one?). I liked blackops all right. I just finished Gears 3...it was OK, basically the same as the others imo. I'd love to love a game again. wonder if Arkham could be "the one"? I've not played any of the Batman games. he doesn't use a gun, ever, right? as a shooter fan this seems like a huge disappointment. please advise.....

ReynardMuldrake 10-18-2011 01:50 PM

I'll probably get Skyrim first, but I'll be watching this one closely. I may wait until the price drops though.

lcarus 10-18-2011 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 7995949)
I'm the same way. Mainly I use my 360 for Netflix.

But there is the occasional, Mass Effect, Red Dead, Bioshock, that consumes my free time now and then.

In the end, it's worth it.

Sounds like we have a lot of the same taste in games. Bioshock is probably my favorite game this generation, and Red Dead was amazing too. Don't care too much for Mass Effect but it's all right.

lcarus 10-18-2011 02:22 PM

Just finished the Mad Hatter part. It was short and kind of out of nowhere, but still very cool. The Mad Hatter is one of my favorite Batman villains. Weird...I know, but true.

lcarus 10-18-2011 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 8002026)

I just wanted to start a discussion about the game. Wasn't aware I needed to give a review on Chiefs Planet.

KCFalcon59 10-18-2011 04:06 PM

****ing UPS still hasn't delivered mine. Been on the truck out for delivery since 7:00AM this morning. ****ers. I normally get UPS deliveries between 10:30 - 2:00.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

SnakeXJones 10-18-2011 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCFalcon59 (Post 8004740)
****ing UPS still hasn't delivered mine. Been on the truck out for delivery since 7:00AM this morning. ****ers. I normally get UPS deliveries between 10:30 - 2:00.

I would be super pissed

007 10-18-2011 05:30 PM

Quote:

poor baby

Mr. Laz 10-18-2011 06:02 PM

Quote:

one time that happened to me and the package ended up being sent back to the store because they had put "terr" instead of "street" on the address and the driver couldn't find the house.

crispystl 10-18-2011 06:08 PM

Sooo Battlefield 3, Skyrim or Batman????

QuikSsurfer 10-18-2011 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crispystl420 (Post 8005002)
Sooo Battlefield 3, Skyrim or Batman????

For GOTY or which one should u buy?

Valiant 10-18-2011 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 8004004)
I just watched an 8 minute review of Batman Arkham City. looks pretty good. last game I really fell in love with was Borderlands (don't laugh...am I the only one?). I liked blackops all right. I just finished Gears 3...it was OK, basically the same as the others imo. I'd love to love a game again. wonder if Arkham could be "the one"? I've not played any of the Batman games. he doesn't use a gun, ever, right? as a shooter fan this seems like a huge disappointment. please advise.....

Buy the first one for 20bucks new.. You will love it and then decide if you want the new one.. Honestly so many great games coming out I am waiting on rage, batman and skyrim till they drop in price..

KCFalcon59 10-18-2011 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 8004933)
poor baby

cough...overtime...cough...:D

Finally came about 6:15. Still haven't had a chance to play it but will soon.

007 10-18-2011 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCFalcon59 (Post 8005075)
cough...overtime...cough...:D

Finally came about 6:15. Still haven't had a chance to play it but will soon.

cough.... feeling kind of sick.... cough

UteChief 10-18-2011 08:39 PM

Quote:

I don't understand why people get upset when a delivery service is stated to be between 9:00 am and 7:00 pm. They have a service that provides an estimated window for delivery.

007 10-18-2011 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UteChief (Post 8005279)
I don't understand why people get upset when a delivery service is stated to be between 9:00 am and 7:00 pm. They have a service that provides an estimated window for delivery.

Because when they have a habit of delivering by a certain time every day to your house, any deviation is an irritant. Pretty simple.

Bump 10-18-2011 11:05 PM

I can't believe I've never played the first one, I'm gonna go get it after I beat Dark Souls and grind through it and then go pick up the new one.

DBOSHO 10-19-2011 06:53 AM

I read my game informer magazine yesterday, and they gave it a 10. They never go that high.

"the best licensed videogame ever made"

tomahawk kid 10-19-2011 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 8004370)
Just finished the Mad Hatter part. It was short and kind of out of nowhere, but still very cool. The Mad Hatter is one of my favorite Batman villains. Weird...I know, but true.

HUGE Batman fanboy here (probably have 300 "Batman" comics - product of a mis-spent youth), and I always enjoyed the Mad Hatter story lines as well.

Always felt like Ra's al Ghul and Hugo Strange were underrated villians as well.

QuikSsurfer 10-19-2011 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8005597)
I can't believe I've never played the first one, I'm gonna go get it after I beat Dark Souls and grind through it and then go pick up the new one.

Oh yeah? How far along are you?

Bump 10-19-2011 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 8005977)
Oh yeah? How far along are you?

I just finished the forest area, beat the wolf and fairy bosses and now I'm in the catacombs. I'm probably only half way through, but I want to finish this game before I start a new one, it's great.

QuikSsurfer 10-19-2011 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8006141)
I just finished the forest area, beat the wolf and fairy bosses and now I'm in the catacombs. I'm probably only half way through, but I want to finish this game before I start a new one, it's great.

I'm with you there -- I'm dying to pickup batman but can't do it til I'm finished with Dark Souls.
I'm stuck in Tomb of Giants and have considered, multiple times, putting it down and giving up... but that's sorta the thrill of this game: getting beat up, taking a break, and coming back and clearing the area while a feeling of accomplishment washes over you in an awesome wave.

lcarus 10-19-2011 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomahawk kid (Post 8005944)
HUGE Batman fanboy here (probably have 300 "Batman" comics - product of a mis-spent youth), and I always enjoyed the Mad Hatter story lines as well.

Always felt like Ra's al Ghul and Hugo Strange were underrated villians as well.

I'm kinda "meh" on Ra's al Ghul, but Hugo Strange has always been cool to me. I kinda like all the villains though. They're all unique.

Jerm 10-19-2011 11:37 AM

One of the coolest aspects I've found playing so far is just listening to all the mundane conversations you can pick on and listen to as you go through AC...hearing the thugs and inmates converse about the super villains is awesome.

It's little stuff like that which makes this game a great experience because all the core stuff is top notch.

QuikSsurfer 10-19-2011 12:33 PM

Wow... this is pure sex

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3715/originalfh.jpg

Bowser 10-19-2011 01:49 PM

Well look at me - on vacation next week with nothing planned.......

QuikSsurfer 10-19-2011 04:16 PM

Just picked up AA from Walmart for PS3. It came with Arkham Asylum GOTY edition.. Very cool.
Not sure if the same deal is for 360 or not.

crispystl 10-19-2011 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 8005009)
For GOTY or which one should u buy?

Which one to buy? I'm a tight ass I will only buy one at full price.

crispystl 10-19-2011 04:26 PM

I guess it will be battlefield since the other games are single player and I won't have to worry about getting behind on the learning curve.

lcarus 10-19-2011 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crispystl420 (Post 8007323)
I guess it will be battlefield since the other games are single player and I won't have to worry about getting behind on the learning curve.

If you're patient enough I'd wait for the "Game of the Year" edition for Arkham City. That is, if you don't need it now like I did. There's so much future DLC and pre-order exclusive content, it would be really nice to get everything in one bundle. Might be a year or so. Not really sure how long it takes for the GOTY editions.

QuikSsurfer 10-19-2011 04:37 PM

If u could only buy one of the three, I'm going to say save money until 11-11-11.
3 totally different games though...

crispystl 10-19-2011 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 8007339)
If u could only buy one of the three, I'm going to say save money until 11-11-11.
3 totally different games though...

I dunno I'm thinking COD burnt me for the last damn time with Black Ops. I'll probably give in and buy the damn thing though.

Kyle DeLexus 10-19-2011 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8005597)

Walmart has both of them packaged as one game right now for $60. Or K-Mart has a $30 gc for a future game with the purchase of Arkham City.

QuikSsurfer 10-19-2011 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crispystl420 (Post 8007349)
I dunno I'm thinking COD burnt me for the last damn time with Black Ops. I'll probably give in and buy the damn thing though.

Haha.. I was talking about Skyrim.

crispystl 10-19-2011 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 8007449)
Haha.. I was talking about Skyrim.

Oh yeah I'll definitely get that one, but I will wait a few months until it goes down in price. Or until my little brother beats it and i can just borrow it from him.

kysirsoze 10-19-2011 06:11 PM

This game is ****ing awesome. I'm at work right now hating that I'm not playing it.

DBOSHO 10-20-2011 12:55 AM

I LOVE catwoman. Cant wait to get further into the game to see her again.

I need to finish arkham asylum so i know what theyre referring to when talking about how batman "left " joker. But i love this game.

lcarus 10-20-2011 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DBOSHO (Post 8008508)

I need to finish arkham asylum so i know what theyre referring to when talking about how batman "left " joker. But i love this game.

I'm playing a 360 pirated version of the game at my brothers house. So I don't have the Catwoman stuff unlocked. Yes we're dirty pirates but to be fair, I will be purchasing this game when I get paid this week. But I've had the game since last Thursday. Usually I pirate stuff to see if I like it, and if I like it, I'll buy it to show support. Ok....that was a lie. But sometimes it's true.

QuikSsurfer 10-20-2011 09:56 AM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Gx5MB-FvpDA?rel=0&amp;hd=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Saulbadguy 10-20-2011 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 8006162)
I'm with you there -- I'm dying to pickup batman but can't do it til I'm finished with Dark Souls.
I'm stuck in Tomb of Giants and have considered, multiple times, putting it down and giving up... but that's sorta the thrill of this game: getting beat up, taking a break, and coming back and clearing the area while a feeling of accomplishment washes over you in an awesome wave.

yes, i'm in the same boat. I actually bought Batman, just haven't opened it yet.

QuikSsurfer 10-20-2011 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 8010393)
yes, i'm in the same boat. I actually bought Batman, just haven't opened it yet.

I went and picked up the doublepack at walmart yesterday -- i popped it in and played for a couple hours last night.. I may take a little break from Dark Souls for a while.
I also picked up the doublepack of Uncharted last week.. My backlog is continuously growing.

lcarus 10-21-2011 09:39 AM

Beat the main story last night. Still have to do all the Riddler stuff and give that douche nozzle Mr. Freeze his frozen whore wife.

QuikSsurfer 10-21-2011 09:54 AM

Spoiler?

lcarus 10-21-2011 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 8024416)
Spoiler?

Whoops. Ah well...not really a big spoiler anyway.

QuikSsurfer 10-21-2011 10:01 AM

Might want to spoiler tag it just to be on the safe side, sir.
Also - i'm sorta stuck and maybe you could help me...
Spoiler!

kysirsoze 10-21-2011 10:24 PM

Catwoman is fun, but it's hard going from Batman to her since she isn't nearly as good at stealthily taking out guards.

Spoiler!

Setsuna 10-22-2011 09:18 PM

I'm going to pick up AA GOTY tomorrow. Going to get in on this trend yo!

kcxiv 10-22-2011 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DBOSHO (Post 8008508)

im so pissed i didnt get to finish the game when i was on the LAST fight. I turned off my ps3 then the freaking data got corrupted. NONE of my Batman saves worked. i was pisssssed.

Anyways, i am so tempted to get this game. lol sounds great.

Bump 10-23-2011 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 8037622)
I'm going to pick up AA GOTY tomorrow. Going to get in on this trend yo!

ya, I did that 2 days ago. AA is pretty awesome so far, I'm already 25% done, I'm just playing on normal and plan on finishing it and then I'll run out to get Arkham City. I can't believe i missed this game, it's pretty awesome.

Mr. Laz 10-24-2011 11:24 AM

http://www.greenmangaming.com/

pre-order PC version for $36.76 plus $1 tax(i think)

sale+discount code

frankotank 10-24-2011 01:09 PM

picked up the combo pack this weekend. rolling thru asylum. very cool. sometimes a little diffucult - playing normal. got lost this weekend and had to go to google to find dr so-and-sos's freaking office. pissed me off. anyways....a few things I have yet to completely figure out....a few questions....

I have unlocked two combo moves that are available after getting X8 points (X5 now actually cause I unlocked that) ....they are A+X and B+Y. I also unlocked finishing move right trigger+Y (my wife loves it when I do that) so I'll be fighting and B+Y will pop up for a split second. do I have to use this during the time it's on the screen or what? I rarely accomplish one of these moves. once I've hit 5X I'd think I should be able to trigger a combo move whether the damn thing pops up on the screen or not. I do know I can finish a guy with trigger+Y without it popping up on the screen. I've died trying to pop a combo move that doesn't work. just trying to figure out how exactly they work.

PS- Poison Ivy smoking hot

frankotank 10-24-2011 01:10 PM

oh crap....forgot to ask another question. about those combo moves. so if you wanna do a B+Y do you hit B first then Y OR.....are you supposed to smash both down at the same time?

QuikSsurfer 10-24-2011 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 8044956)
oh crap....forgot to ask another question. about those combo moves. so if you wanna do a B+Y do you hit B first then Y OR.....are you supposed to smash both down at the same time?

Hit them at the same time