ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Music Trans-Siberian Orchestra (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=253872)

Braincase 12-18-2011 10:42 AM

Trans-Siberian Orchestra

Going to the 3 o'clock show @ the Sprint Center.

If anybody else is there, look for me. I'll be FLR 2, Row 1, Seats 14-18 with the wife and kids.

Mr. Laz 12-18-2011 11:25 AM

My sister loves that shit

enjoy

lewdog 12-18-2011 11:39 AM

Earplugs for those kids...it is supposedly really loud.

Ebolapox 12-18-2011 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog_5 (Post 8212759)
Earplugs for those kids...it is supposedly really loud.

oh, it is. very.

Lzen 12-18-2011 12:04 PM

I saw them last year. Amazing show all around. Loved it.

chasedude 12-18-2011 01:19 PM

Ah old members of Savatage, have a great time!

Braincase 12-18-2011 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H5N1 (Post 8212805)
oh, it is. very.

We were in the middle section, on the floor, front row seats - arguably the best damn seats in the house.

This year's violin player was Asha Mevlana... I would do ALL OF IT. DAMN! This girl was smokin' hot, and when I say all of it, I would prefer hot and sweaty just coming off stage.

So, this gal finishes up one of her big numbers, steps out on a set of steps up to the stage, snaps her freakin' bow in half and hands it to my 10 year old son. He's in love.

Great show, and with 2 different members of the show talking about the Chiefs knocking off the Packers, it was pretty epic.

Buehler445 12-19-2011 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braincase (Post 8217622)
We were in the middle section, on the floor, front row seats - arguably the best damn seats in the house.

This year's violin player was Asha Mevlana... I would do ALL OF IT. DAMN! This girl was smokin' hot, and when I say all of it, I would prefer hot and sweaty just coming off stage.

So, this gal finishes up one of her big numbers, steps out on a set of steps up to the stage, snaps her freakin' bow in half and hands it to my 10 year old son. He's in love.

Great show, and with 2 different members of the show talking about the Chiefs knocking off the Packers, it was pretty epic.

I'd worry about the kid if he was not in love.

http://www.ashamevlana.com/images/PhotopageLowRes.jpg

Amnorix 12-19-2011 08:09 AM

Saw a concert like five years ago. It was GREAT. Have fun!

JD10367 12-19-2011 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 8218633)

We got the Asian guy on our tour this year. :(

JD10367 08-01-2012 08:53 AM

Bump.

Winter tour and dates just announced.

Changing it up a bit; concentrating on a new story with "The Lost Christmas Eve" album in the first half, with more bits from "Christmas Eve and Other Stories" and their non-holiday stuff in the second half.

Maybe they're giving the Narrator a winter off, finally.

mr. tegu 08-01-2012 11:33 AM

I've seen them twice. The first time was about five years ago and they played an awesome encore which included Layla and Beethoven stuff. Then we saw them in 2010. We had awesome seats. They were looking straight ahead at the stage but we were elevated like 10 rows up on the first level. Much cheaper and a much better overall view of the stage. Plus the violinists had a special stage that was about 20 feet from us. Oh and they earned favor with the crowd when they mentioned the Chiefs who had just clinched the AFC West.

lcarus 08-01-2012 11:48 AM

Quote:

Holy shit...

JD10367 09-06-2012 08:15 AM

TSO Fan Club presale tickets went on sale yesterday for November, and just now for December.

Braincase 09-06-2012 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 8882886)
TSO Fan Club presale tickets went on sale yesterday for November, and just now for December.

FLR 2, ROW 4 Seats 9-13 for the 3:00 Matinee on the 9th, Sprint Center

Luke Warm 09-06-2012 11:52 AM

Quote:

Damn.

JD10367 12-19-2012 11:24 PM

Just got back from TSO. Every year I think, "They can't top this." And then they do it. This year, they sat around and said, "Umm, okay... how can we up the ante? How about... uh... I got it: cherry-pickers that hoist players over the audience, and a giant pendulum clock with flames coming out of it. Yeah." Batshit crazy.

Nice twist this year, too; they scrapped the old storyline and built a new one around the "Lost Christmas Eve" album. Same sort of schtick (angel comes to earth searching), but different storyline with different songs. As usual, they follow the plot for the first half, and after introducing the band at the midpoint they dive into other stuff (Mountain King, Beethoven's 5th, Nutcracker, a few Christmas tunes they didn't play in the first half).

Deberg_1990 12-20-2012 09:34 AM

So do they have different touring groups? How do they hit so many Cities in the month of December?

Renegade 12-20-2012 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 9226316)
Just got back from TSO. Every year I think, "They can't top this." And then they do it. This year, they sat around and said, "Umm, okay... how can we up the ante? How about... uh... I got it: cherry-pickers that hoist players over the audience, and a giant pendulum clock with flames coming out of it. Yeah." Batshit crazy.

Nice twist this year, too; they scrapped the old storyline and built a new one around the "Lost Christmas Eve" album. Same sort of schtick (angel comes to earth searching), but different storyline with different songs. As usual, they follow the plot for the first half, and after introducing the band at the midpoint they dive into other stuff (Mountain King, Beethoven's 5th, Nutcracker, a few Christmas tunes they didn't play in the first half).

I saw the show two weeks ago in OK City, and it was you say "Batshit Crazy". The Christmas Concert was great, but the rock concert at the end was beyond anything I can describe.

Deberg_1990 12-20-2012 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9226864)
So do they have different touring groups? How do they hit so many Cities in the month of December?

ah.....my suspicions were correct....they do have two touring groups to cover more ground during the holiday season

Trans-Siberian Orchestra first toured in 1999, performing a handful of concerts in Upper Darby, New York City, Cleveland, Chicago, and Detroit. The next year, two touring groups were formed, allowing the band to cover more ground in the short time frame Paul O'Neill allows the Holiday Rock Operas to be performed (November & December). Trans-Siberian Orchestra has maintained the dual band format for touring during those months ever since, but performs as a single band during the rest of the year.

The two touring groups are informally known as TSO East and TSO West, although these descriptions are not entirely literal. Before 2008, for example, TSO West historically played in Atlanta and Florida. Both groups have appeared in Midwestern cities such as Chicago and Indianapolis.

Shows on the orchestra's fall/winter tour are divided into two acts. For their first thirteen tours, the first act was a narrated performance of most of the songs from Christmas Eve and Other Stories. Beginning with the 2012 tour, the first act is a narrated performance of most of the songs from The Lost Christmas Eve. In the second act, the band performs a mix of songs from their other albums. Their Spring tours to promote Beethoven's Last Night in 2010 - 2012 used a similar format, with the first act being a narrated performance of most of the songs from Beethoven's Last Night followed by several songs from Night Castle. On the 2012 tour, the band also included two Savatage songs, both from the album Handful of Rain - the title track and "Chance", which concludes the show.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trans-Siberian_Orchestra

Lzen 12-20-2012 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9226963)
ah.....my suspicions were correct....they do have two touring groups to cover more ground during the holiday season

Trans-Siberian Orchestra first toured in 1999, performing a handful of concerts in Upper Darby, New York City, Cleveland, Chicago, and Detroit. The next year, two touring groups were formed, allowing the band to cover more ground in the short time frame Paul O'Neill allows the Holiday Rock Operas to be performed (November & December). Trans-Siberian Orchestra has maintained the dual band format for touring during those months ever since, but performs as a single band during the rest of the year.

The two touring groups are informally known as TSO East and TSO West, although these descriptions are not entirely literal. Before 2008, for example, TSO West historically played in Atlanta and Florida. Both groups have appeared in Midwestern cities such as Chicago and Indianapolis.

Shows on the orchestra's fall/winter tour are divided into two acts. For their first thirteen tours, the first act was a narrated performance of most of the songs from Christmas Eve and Other Stories. Beginning with the 2012 tour, the first act is a narrated performance of most of the songs from The Lost Christmas Eve. In the second act, the band performs a mix of songs from their other albums. Their Spring tours to promote Beethoven's Last Night in 2010 - 2012 used a similar format, with the first act being a narrated performance of most of the songs from Beethoven's Last Night followed by several songs from Night Castle. On the 2012 tour, the band also included two Savatage songs, both from the album Handful of Rain - the title track and "Chance", which concludes the show.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trans-Siberian_Orchestra

Holy crap! Their doing Savatage songs from Handful Of Rain? Dang, I missed them this year. :banghead:

Chance is one of, if not the first Savatage song that I can recall where they started experimenting with vocal harmonies and such.

chiefs1111 12-12-2015 10:59 PM

Seen them this afternoon in Orlando and they put on another awesome show as always.

mr. tegu 12-12-2015 11:22 PM

I have been twice but haven't gotten to go in a few years. They put on amazing shows.

Just Passin' By 12-13-2015 07:15 PM

I'm going to see them later on this month.

Chiefnj2 12-13-2015 07:26 PM

Saw them yesterday. They give you your money's worth. A good portion of the audience didn't realize it would be more rock concert than quiet orchestra christmas carols.