ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs will not move up in the Draft? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=255020)

Ming the Merciless 01-13-2012 01:13 PM

Chiefs will not move up in the Draft?

If repoq: Suck My coq

http://kansascity.sbnation.com/kansa...ves-insight-to

Quote:

2012 NFL Mock Draft: Kansas City Chiefs' Scott Pioli Gives Insight To Quarterback Position Next Season

Jan 13, 2012
BJ Kissel

With just a few simple words Kansas City Chiefs general manager Scott Pioli broke hearts, tables and TV's when he came out and said that the Chiefs would NOT be trading up in this April's draft to take a quarterback. There goes 80% of mock draft and trade scenarios for Chiefs fans. It's not just that the Chiefs won't be seeing the likes of Andrew Luck, or more thought-to-be-possible Robert Griffin III next season in red and gold, it's the obviousness that means it will be Matt Cassel under center for the Chiefs in 2012.

Here are a couple of quotes from Scott Pioli in regards to trading up that had Chiefs' fans punching their dogs. He spoke with NBC Action News' Jack Harry. via nbcactionnews.com

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pioli
"From year to year you have so many needs," Pioli said. "To start giving up multiple No. 1 picks, that's a big decision because right now we may say we have needs in these five areas and to sacrifice multiple drafts in the future, I tend to want to be a little more responsible than that."

Pioli has a point about not mortgaging your future by giving up, basically starters (multiple first round picks), in order to take a chance on one guy. But it's going to be a tough sell for the season ticket salesman and group sales staff at One Arrowhead Drive if they have to pitch Cassel as the starting quarterback heading into 2012. I think the Chiefs can be a good team with Cassel, but getting the fence-sitters to cross over isn't going to happen with Cassel under center next season.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pioli
"So what I'm gong to do is make prudent decisions to get the best players and get the best team built. Being too short-sighted and trading too many draft picks for any one player....I don't even know who the player is who I'd say I'd give up multiple first round picks based on where we're at."

It's the last part of that last sentence that has Chiefs fans worried. It doesn't sound like he's even entertaining the idea that they even need another quarterback, at least in the first round, as we stand right now. Maybe he's just playing a game with the media and he doesn't want it to get out that they may be in the market for a quarterback. It certainly wouldn't make Matt Cassel's life any easier over the next few months if he did suggest anything like that. But if we can take Pioli at his word right now we can go ahead and cross off Luck and RGIII as Chiefs next season.

suds79 01-13-2012 01:15 PM

You should never take anything a GM says about the draft too seriously. #smokescreen

See Scott's comments about drafting a Safety when they took Eric Berry.

Ming the Merciless 01-13-2012 01:16 PM

I was hoping that would be the answer...

jspchief 01-13-2012 01:35 PM

Pioli is playing scared.

The guy has done nothing but play it safe since he came here.

Hammock Parties 01-13-2012 01:36 PM

Scott Pioli is a big pussy.

htismaqe 01-13-2012 01:58 PM

Why is everybody posting articles from this BJ Kissel guy all of the sudden? Who the **** is he and who gives shit what he thinks?

Hammock Parties 01-13-2012 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8291598)
Why is everybody posting articles from this BJ Kissel guy all of the sudden? Who the **** is he and who gives shit what he thinks?

Better than posting Bill Williamson shit.

O.city 01-13-2012 02:03 PM

I am hoping he is playing shit close to his chest. He hasn't gotten out of his comfort zone yet in KC and shit has kinda blown up.

I refuse to think the guy is stupid enough to think Matt Cassel can be the qb next year. Season tickets are gonna drop if he is, as stated in the above article.

WhiteWhale 01-13-2012 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omega (Post 8291608)
Better than posting Bill Williamson shit.

I cannot believe someone pays that clown. His articles read like a ****ing 4th grade sports essay.

The grammar is just horrible, there are loads of misspelled words, and his sentence structure is just a mess. I've seen him write run-on sentences that were an entire paragraph.

ToxSocks 01-13-2012 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 8291492)
Pioli is playing scared.

The guy has done nothing but play it safe since he came here.

Yes. Because Houston and Baldwin were "safe" picks.....

morphius 01-13-2012 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 8291393)
You should never take anything a GM says about the draft too seriously. #smokescreen

See Scott's comments about drafting a Safety when they took Eric Berry.

Yup, anyone who trusts anything Pioli says right now just hasn't been paying attention to the way he works.

O.city 01-13-2012 02:12 PM

The shittiest thing about this year and us not having our guy at qb is that this team seems to be one really solid draft away from being special.

If we had our qb, this could be the draft to put us over the top. Instead we would have to trade picks to get a qb.

Damn It.

ToxSocks 01-13-2012 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morphius (Post 8291645)
Yup, anyone who trusts anything Pioli says right now just hasn't been paying attention to the way he works.

Or the way the NFL works, for that matter.

ToxSocks 01-13-2012 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 8291658)
The shittiest thing about this year and us not having our guy at qb is that this team seems to be one really solid draft away from being special.

If we had our qb, this could be the draft to put us over the top. Instead we would have to trade picks to get a qb.

Damn It.

Yup. If Cassel continues to start over the next 1-2 years, it will go down as one of the biggest wastes of a talented roster in Chiefs history, ala the 90's.

O.city 01-13-2012 02:18 PM

If we had our qb, which maybe, hope to baby jesus something crazy happens for CHiefs fans, Stanzi is the guy, this draft could produce a pro bowl RB, sure up the oline at C and RT, get a possible stud ILB in the second round, depth everywhere and everywhere.

It just stinks the bit.

Hammock Parties 01-13-2012 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 8291667)
Yup. If Cassel continues to start over the next 1-2 years, it will go down as one of the biggest wastes of a talented roster in Chiefs history, ala the 90's.

Same as Vermeil's Chiefs, too.

O.city 01-13-2012 02:22 PM

Against my previous post, I am not really a Pioli hater. I like what he has done here, save for 1 thing.

I just don't get how a footbal guy like he is can be so blind to something so huge and obvious.

O.city 01-13-2012 02:24 PM

I will say this tho, as much as we bitch and complain and want a franchise qb, they aren't exactly growing on trees.

IMO there are only about 7 or 8 in the NFL. Therefor there are only 7 or 8 teams that will consistently contend for SBs.

siberian khatru 01-13-2012 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omega (Post 8291497)

http://af11.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/pastore.jpg

KC_Lee 01-13-2012 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 8291693)
I will say this tho, as much as we bitch and complain and want a franchise qb, they aren't exactly growing on trees.

IMO there are only about 7 or 8 in the NFL. Therefor there are only 7 or 8 teams that will consistently contend for SBs.

While I don't disagree with you I think most folks on this board are tired of the Chiefs never developing a QB in thier history. Only so many back ups and broken down QBs you can plug in and folks now get sick of it.

Chiefnj2 01-13-2012 02:30 PM

"I don't even know who the player is who I'd say I'd give up multiple first round picks based on where we're at"

O.city 01-13-2012 02:32 PM

You know actually the more I think about it, the more I think he might actually be smokescreening it.

They had scouts at basically all of Lucks games. If he is what everyone says he is, why would Pioli not want that?

okcchief 01-13-2012 02:33 PM

I'm glad they are just completely crushing all hope of success this year. It will be a lot less painful this way. I'll care again when Cassel is gone.

O.city 01-13-2012 02:34 PM

It doesn't make any sense for him to come out and say this now.

I'm calling BS.

Micjones 01-13-2012 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 8291621)
Yes. Because Houston and Baldwin were "safe" picks.....

And he'd never draft Eric Berry.
And he never drafts Offensive Linemen high (Rodney Hudson).

If enough Chiefs fans say it though...it becomes the truth.

Micjones 01-13-2012 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 8291693)

I think that's a liberal number.

Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Roethlisberger, Manning...

Who else?

You're spot on though. And I'd venture to say that in the last 25 years (I've been watching the NFL) there have probably only been a dozen...total. So we're talking, what, 11 or 12 franchise QB's in 2.5 decades?

tyton75 01-13-2012 02:48 PM

I understand the frustration with Cassel, believe me.. but he is Middle of the Pack bad.. he isn't the worst in the league.

Give him a line and I think he would be "good"

Barry Richardson is the embarrassment

O.city 01-13-2012 02:48 PM

True fan alert.

Mr. Laz 01-13-2012 03:12 PM

Nobody knows what we will or won't do ... period.

This is nothing more than what has been said many times before ... Pioli is a conservative type guy who is much more likely to move down than up.

Chiefnj2 01-13-2012 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 8291757)
I think that's a liberal number.

Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Roethlisberger, Manning...

Who else?

You're spot on though. And I'd venture to say that in the last 25 years (I've been watching the NFL) there have probably only been a dozen...total. So we're talking, what, 11 or 12 franchise QB's in 2.5 decades?

Depends how you view franchise QB. A guy who has won it all at least once, or a guy who gets you in the playoffs consistently and gives the team a chance at winning.

ToxSocks 01-13-2012 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyton75 (Post 8291809)
I understand the frustration with Cassel, believe me.. but he is Middle of the Pack bad.. he isn't the worst in the league.

Interception on a screen pass. 5 Yard check downs on 3rd and 10. No Vertical passing game to speak of even with WR's who can stretch the field.

The man has posted games in which he threw for fewer than 100 yards.

Dude....I consider myself an optimist, but calling Cassel "middle of the Pack" is letting your optimism blind you.

Matt Ryan is middle of the pack.

Joe Flacco is middle of the pack.

Tony Romo is middle of the pack

Matt Cassel shouldn't even be a starter.

Rausch 01-13-2012 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 8291971)
Matt Cassel shouldn't even be a starter.

This...

COchief 01-13-2012 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 8291979)
This...

2nded

Chiefaholic 01-13-2012 03:27 PM

Just like every year, people here claim they know more than a GM of an NFL franchise. "There's no way in hell dumbshit Pioli will pick Eric Berry #5 overall in the draft"... What happened? "Dipshit Scott will NOT trade up in the draft"... We tried last year unsuccessfully. And this year, "That stupid SOB who calls himself a GM doesn't think we need a QB and we will NOT make any attempt to trade to get one".... Let's hope the majority here is wrong again.

ToxSocks 01-13-2012 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefaholic (Post 8292018)
Just like every year, people here claim they know more than a GM of an NFL franchise. "There's no way in hell dumbshit Pioli will pick Eric Berry #5 overall in the draft"... What happened? "Dipshit Scott will NOT trade up in the draft"... We tried last year unsuccessfully. And this year, "That stupid SOB who calls himself a GM doesn't think we need a QB and we will NOT make any attempt to trade to get one".... Let's hope the majority here is wrong again.

I agree.

If Pioli doesn't address the QB situation this year, then I'll fault him and label him a stubborn dumbass.

We can't really predict him too well right now other than his inability to venture far from "the Patriot Way".

If his love affair with Cassel continues another season, THEN i'll lose all faith in the man.

This offseason is make or break for this Franchise.

Step up or step back.

htismaqe 01-13-2012 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyton75 (Post 8291809)

Barry Richardson's pressures went down by HALF when Orton stepped in.

Cassel has no business on this team. NONE.

Micjones 01-13-2012 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 8291951)
Depends how you view franchise QB. A guy who has won it all at least once, or a guy who gets you in the playoffs consistently and gives the team a chance at winning.

Even with the latter definition I think I've probably only seen a dozen since I started watching football in the mid-80's (six now, six in the past).

ToxSocks 01-13-2012 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 8292037)
I agree.

If Pioli doesn't address the QB situation this year, then I'll fault him and label him a stubborn dumbass.

We can't really predict him too well right now other than his inability to venture far from "the Patriot Way".

If his love affair with Cassel continues another season, THEN i'll lose all faith in the man.

This offseason is make or break for this Franchise.

Step up or step back.

I'll add that my fear is that he'll use Haley as his scapegoat and give Cassel another year, trying to force us to believe that this mess is all Haley's fault.

And a big piece of me thinks that Pioli honestly believes that Cassel is a good QB, and that Haley ruined him, therefore, he'll continue to build AROUND Cassel.

Micjones 01-13-2012 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8292038)
Cassel has no business on this team. NONE.

He'd have to restructure his contract a bit, but I'd take him as a backup.

htismaqe 01-13-2012 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 8292058)

He doesn't have the mental make-up to be a backup and I'm not sure he'd handle the demotion anyway. He'd probably demand to be traded, given his penchant for temper tantrums.

O.city 01-13-2012 04:26 PM

Call me crazy, but I think the Chiefs make some type of splash this offseason with the qb position.

Maybe they think Orton is a splash, but I don't think there is anyway Cassel starts every game. Atleast, I hope not. If he starts 8 games and we are say, 2 and 6 somethings gonna happen.

BigRedChief 01-13-2012 04:40 PM

There will be no blockbuster trade to move up in the draft and grab RGIII. We are highly likely to trade down if a targeted player is not available. Which may not be a bad idea. We got houston and gave up nothing last year.

O.city 01-13-2012 04:42 PM

Trade down to around say 21, pick up a couple extra picks. Draft Reiff or G from Stanford.

whoman69 01-13-2012 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 8292058)

The only thing I want him as is ex-Chief.

O.city 01-13-2012 05:07 PM

We have nothing to worry about, Stanzi is already on the team, he will be the qb next year.

htismaqe 01-13-2012 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 8292329)
We have nothing to worry about, Stanzi is already on the team, he will be the qb next year.

I hope you're right.

O.city 01-13-2012 05:20 PM

I think Stanzi would actually beat out Cassel if given the opportunity. Hopefully he will be given the chance.

whoman69 01-13-2012 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 8292279)
Trade down to around say 21, pick up a couple extra picks. Draft Reiff or G from Stanford.

Reiff would be gone by then.

O.city 01-13-2012 05:27 PM

Reiff is the second tackle on the board, maybe he will still be around when we pick if we traded down.

Decastro would be fine too.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-13-2012 05:28 PM

Why would he show his hand if he was interested? He probably won't trade up, but damn people are stupid if they take this with even a grain of salt.

O.city 01-13-2012 05:31 PM

I tend to agree with PGM.

trndobrd 01-13-2012 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 8292355)
I think Stanzi would actually beat out Cassel if given the opportunity. Hopefully he will be given the chance.

With a full off season, it's quite possible.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-13-2012 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 8292386)
I tend to agree with PGM.

Pioli: Boy, that RGIII is some player. I'd give up multiple firsts to have his talents in KC and kick Cassel to the curb.

CP members: circa Randy Marsh after retrieving the internet

Rams War Room: All the Chefs picks are belong to us.

stonedstooge 01-13-2012 05:40 PM

Watch RGIII be available for our pick and Pioli will trade down to get an extra 3rd rounder

O.city 01-13-2012 05:42 PM

If RGIII is available at our spot, we would pick him.

The fanbase would be energized with a heisman winning quarterback taken in the first round.

I don't know how great he will be in the NFL but he would bring in a shitload of money and you know Clark would love that.

O.city 01-13-2012 05:50 PM

I have been convinced by Boss that Stanzi is gonna be the guy. Pioli has struck oil in the late rounds again.

stonedstooge 01-13-2012 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 8292416)
I have been convinced by Boss that Stanzi is gonna be the guy. Pioli has struck oil in the late rounds again.

Found his Brady on his first try huh?

O.city 01-13-2012 05:54 PM

He's two for two when it comes to finding Bradys

stonedstooge 01-13-2012 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 8292423)
He's two for two when it comes to finding Bradys

I'd love it if true. Guess we shall see

-King- 01-13-2012 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 8291688)
Against my previous post, I am not really a Pioli hater. I like what he has done here, save for 1 thing.

I just don't get how a footbal guy like he is can be so blind to something so huge and obvious.

In the other thread you said you couldnt wait till he was gone. Now you don't hate him?
Posted via Mobile Device

O.city 01-13-2012 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 8292694)
In the other thread you said you couldnt wait till he was gone. Now you don't hate him?
Posted via Mobile Device

It was in this thread that I said it.

I like alot of the moves he is made. I just don't think we will succeed with Cassel at qb and I believe that he is tied to Pioli.

Therefor getting rid of one equals getting rid of the other. I also think Pioli is an asshat for thinking that Cassel could be the answer.

Chieftain58 01-13-2012 08:34 PM

Fug cassel

-King- 01-13-2012 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 8292709)
It was in this thread that I said it.

I like alot of the moves he is made. I just don't think we will succeed with Cassel at qb and I believe that he is tied to Pioli.

Therefor getting rid of one equals getting rid of the other. I also think Pioli is an asshat for thinking that Cassel could be the answer.

No, I was talking about this post:

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 8291622)
It's gonna be someone from the tree.

Dunno if anyone else is as ready for this asshat to be fired as the GM as I am.

So you don't hate him, yet he's an asshat and you want him fired.

Ok.

O.city 01-13-2012 10:22 PM

I don't hate him, I just think he's a dip shit when it comes to the qb position and I don't think we will have a good one til he's gone.

O.city 01-13-2012 10:26 PM

Unless Stanzi is the guy.

Psyko Tek 01-14-2012 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omega (Post 8291497)

the pictures I have seen of him more resemble a penis,
a penis that has NO idea how to takew advantage of the talent we have to build a superbowl team

BossChief 01-14-2012 01:31 AM

I'd like to point out that going all the way from 11 to 4 wouldn't cost "multiple first rounders" according to the draft value chart.

#11 is worth 1250 points
#4 is worth 1800 points.

A difference of 550 points

It would cost us our second round pick (470 points) and our fourth (80 points) as far as value on the chart.

I think that's a reasonable probability.

Rams aren't taking him
Vikings aren't (even though they should)
Holmgren and RG3?

I know his style isn't really the patriot way, but he said he wouldn't trade multiplexfirsts to trade up, he said nothing about a first a sec

NJChiefsFan 01-14-2012 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 8291738)
You know actually the more I think about it, the more I think he might actually be smokescreening it.

They had scouts at basically all of Lucks games. If he is what everyone says he is, why would Pioli not want that?

Liking him and doing what it takes to get him are two incredibly different things. I don't doubt at all that Pioli would take him if he were at our pick.

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 8291747)
It doesn't make any sense for him to come out and say this now.

I'm calling BS.

Its not like he came out and just said it in a press conference. The question was put to him, so to me it doesn't really come off as a ploy.

BossChief 01-14-2012 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 8292367)
Reiff would be gone by then.

I wouldn't bet money on that.

Bulaga was a better prospect and went after that.

Both were thought of as right tackle prospects with versatility.

Not really as left tackles.

RealSNR 01-14-2012 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8293260)
I'd like to point out that going all the way from 11 to 4 wouldn't cost "multiple first rounders" according to the draft value chart.

#11 is worth 1250 points
#4 is worth 1800 points.

It would cost us our second round pick (470 points) and our fourth (80 points) as far as value on the chart.

Rams aren't taking him
Holmgren and RG3?

I know his style isn't really the patriot way, but he said he wouldn't trade multiplexfirsts to trade up, he said nothing about a first a sec

I think smart teams will be moving up ahead of those guys to the Rams or the Vikings. RGIII will probably be gone by #4 in that case.

Sure, if the Rams hit the jackpot on a superstar like Blackmon, that'd be a huge deal. But at this point, I think they would take a trade down offer as long as it was lucrative and worth it. Acquiring a truckload of draft picks would probably be just what the doctor ordered for that franchise.

Tribal Warfare 01-14-2012 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8293264)
I wouldn't bet money on that.

Bulaga was a better prospect and went after that.

Both were thought of as right tackle prospects with versatility.

Not really as left tackles.

The real question is if Pioli will go after McNutt as his "Iowa pick" this year.

johnny961 01-14-2012 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8293260)

#11 is worth 1250 points
#4 is worth 1800 points.

Rams aren't taking him
Holmgren and RG3?

Isn't that draft value chart kinda out the window with the new rookie pay scale in effect? I was thinking this year that it would cost more in draft pick compensation to move up than it has in years past.

jspchief 01-14-2012 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 8292376)
Why would he show his hand if he was interested? He probably won't trade up, but damn people are stupid if they take this with even a grain of salt.

While that's a legitimate point, its not the case.

Moving up in the draft for a QB is a risk and if there's one thing Pioli has shown in his time in KC, its that he plays it safe.

MahiMike 01-14-2012 08:08 AM

ahh man! I was hopin' he's go all Raiders-like and chit...

kysirsoze 01-14-2012 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 8293326)
While that's a legitimate point, its not the case.

Moving up in the draft for a QB is a risk and if there's one thing Pioli has shown in his time in KC, its that he plays it safe.

Honest question: What risk do you wish he had taken at the QB position?

Hog's Gone Fishin 01-14-2012 08:21 AM

We're a Qb away from being a SB contender. Damn ,why weren't we smart enough to draft Tebow !

Pasta Little Brioni 01-14-2012 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 8293347)
We're a Qb away from being a SB contender. Damn ,why weren't we smart enough to draft God's anointed NFL disciple !

Well, if Collin Klein was a Jesus freak, he'd be an option. Then we could have our very own right handed version of Tebow!!!!

milkman 01-14-2012 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 8291675)
If we had our qb, which maybe, hope to baby jesus something crazy happens for CHiefs fans, Stanzi is the guy, this draft could produce a pro bowl RB, sure up the oline at C and RT, get a possible stud ILB in the second round, depth everywhere and everywhere.

It just stinks the bit.

I don't like to do this, since you're a solid n00b, but, as I've said in the past, I'm an equal opportunity hater, and I've seen you make this same mistake elsewhere.

The word you're looking for is "shore", dumbass.

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 8292234)
Call me crazy, but I think the Chiefs make some type of splash this offseason with the qb position.

Maybe they think Orton is a splash, but I don't think there is anyway Cassel starts every game. Atleast, I hope not. If he starts 8 games and we are say, 2 and 6 somethings gonna happen.

I can see the splash.

Chiefs hire Joe Lombardi as OC, and trade for Chase Daniel.

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnny961 (Post 8293308)
Isn't that draft value chart kinda out the window with the new rookie pay scale in effect? I was thinking this year that it would cost more in draft pick compensation to move up than it has in years past.

The draft value chart was created long before the cost of high draft picks became prohibitive, and it was only a guide to begin with.

But with the new rookie wage scale, the chart becomes more relevant.