ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Whitlock thinks RG3's speed is a curse (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=256641)

Hammock Parties 03-01-2012 04:46 AM

Whitlock thinks RG3's speed is a curse

Excellent article.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/R...nalysis-022712

Quote:

My professors at Ball State warned me that my good looks, perfectly sculpted body and high intellect might impede my career as a journalist. They feared my seemingly endless physical and intellectual gifts would prevent me from developing a singular focus.

I have similar fears when assessing Robert Griffin III’s NFL prospects. Abundant talent can be a curse.

The biggest news of the NFL Combine was RG3’s blazing 40-yard dash time. He covered 40 yards like a shutdown corner, clocking a 4.41. The instant-Twitter analysis of NFL experts was that Griffin’s show of speed increased the value of the Rams’ pick, the one right after the pick the Colts are expected to use on Stanford QB Andrew Luck.

In my opinion, Griffin’s speed doesn’t enhance his draft stock. It damages it.

I am not a Robert Griffin hater. I love RG3. In all likelihood, he will be my favorite NFL player next season. He could quickly become my favorite active athlete, ahead of Tiger Woods, Ray Lewis and Jeff George (has yet to file his retirement paperwork).

But I’m worried about Griffin. He’s blessed with too many tools. Oftentimes, the greatest athletes are physically limited, which strengthens their focus. Bill Russell could never match Wilt Chamberlain’s size and limitless athleticism. Larry Bird and Magic Johnson weren’t the greatest leapers or the quickest on their feet.

Tom Brady and Peyton Manning are relatively immobile. They play from the pocket because they have no choice. They mastered the art of playing from the pocket because they had no other choice.

NFL games are won most consistently by quarterbacks who play from the pocket. If a quarterback leaves the pocket, he’s going to get hit. If a quarterback gets hit regularly, he’s going to get hurt. If a franchise quarterback gets injured, his team has little chance of winning the Super Bowl.

NFL teams are looking for the next Manning or Brady. Or the next Eli Manning, Aaron Rodgers and Ben Roethlisberger. A little mobility is good, especially if the quarterback moves in the pocket in an effort to throw downfield. Rodgers and Big Ben are terrific at moving to throw. Is that how Griffin will use his athleticism?

Or does Griffin have so much speed that he’ll channel Michael Vick?

Vick had too much talent early in his career. The game was too easy. The temptation to fix problems with his feet was too great for him to master QB play from the pocket. He’s just now attempting to play the game from the pocket. Even now, he gives in to his blazing speed and exits the pocket prematurely.

OK, we know RG3 is vastly different from the young Michael Vick. But it took Donovan McNabb a few years to commit to pocket play. Steve Young had to sit behind Joe Montana in San Francisco to learn to fully appreciate the pocket.

NFL fans are going to want to see Griffin run. When you’re faster than everyone on the field, it makes sense to run. Griffin is going to be fighting common sense and his natural instincts.

And what if he gets paired with the wrong head coach, a coach who is looking for a quick-fix rather than Griffin’s long-term success?

There is talk that the Redskins might want to move up in the draft to get RG3. Mike Shanahan is under pressure in Washington. He needs to win right away to ease the public pressure and prevent Daniel Snyder from firing him. Shanahan could play Griffin as a rookie and allow him to run because his legs might produce eight or nine victories quicker than his arm.

All coaches prefer to win now. It’s the only way to guarantee another season. Is there a proven, confident coach in a stable organization willing to properly support Griffin’s development?

Environment and fit are the keys to Griffin’s success. That’s why Luck is the better prospect. Luck is extremely gifted, but he won’t be tempted to outrun James Harrison or Terrell Suggs. The only way for Luck to consistently avoid big hits will be with quick reads and a quicker release. He’ll be forced to play QB the “right” way.

That is not to say Luck will be a better NFL quarterback than Griffin. My money is on Griffin being the second coming of Steve Young. But I’m just a fan. It won’t be my job to teach him to shy away from his God-given talent.

WhiteWhale 03-01-2012 05:20 AM

First and foremost... Andrew Luck is pretty goddamn fast. I'm not sure Whitlock realizes that.

He's got a good point about QB's and speed, but I don't think Griffin is gonna get the Randall Cunningham treatment. The falcons actually tried pretty hard to make Vick a legit QB. He just didn't put in the work. Even Vick himself has admitted this.

I think, at times, athletic QB's have a running mentality simply because they can have that. A human's strongest emotion is the avoidance of pain For slower QB's the way to avoid pain is to read the defense really fast and get rid of the ball to the open guy. Running isn't even an option. For guys who can move... it is an option. They don't develop the tools of a QB as naturally. It takes more discipline because they have that option.

I think Griffin has the mental make up to do what many athletic QB's have failed at.

BigMeatballDave 03-01-2012 05:40 AM

I think Whitlocks fat ass is a curse.

TheGuardian 03-01-2012 06:52 AM

I agree with him. A little mobility is good. But "run around" quarterbacks have never won shit in terms of NFL championships. You have to win from the pocket. That's not even debatable.

Rasputin 03-01-2012 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 8409418)
I agree with him. A little mobility is good. But "run around" quarterbacks have never won shit in terms of NFL championships. You have to win from the pocket. That's not even debatable.

Steve Young says "what? "

beach tribe 03-01-2012 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 8409420)

Steve Young is, I believe, the 2nd or 3rd highest rated QB in NFL history.

penguinz 03-01-2012 07:21 AM

Quote:

:spock:

TheGuardian 03-01-2012 07:26 AM

Quote:

I knew someone would bring up Steve Young.

1. There is always going to be an exception to every rule. But Steve Young was just very mobile, he wasn't a run around QB like RGIII is. Mike Vick, Randall Cunningham, Donovan McNabb, Vince Young, etc. None of these guys ever won a championship.

2. Steve Young could win from the pocket and did.

3. Run around QB's don't win championships.

It's not really even a debate. Someone can try, but list me the last 20 SB winning QB's and tell me if they are considered pocket passers or mobile QB's.

Red Dawg 03-01-2012 07:34 AM

Quote:

Why does everyone call him that? Young had one great running TD.

TheGuardian 03-01-2012 07:34 AM

Here you go, I'll do it for you........

Eli Manning

Aaron Rodgers

Drew Brees

Big Ben

Tom Brady

Brad Johnson

Trent Dilfer

Kurt Warner

John Elway

Brett Favre

Troy Aikman

Steve Young

Mark Rypien

On that list someone will try to make a case for Ben, but he never rushed for more than 204 yards in a season. He has escapability but Ben gets away from a pass rush and then throws the ball. He doesn't actually run down field much.

Elway didn't win one until he stopped running around and got a running game behind him.

Young is the only one that qualifies but he was throwing for 3000+ yards routinely. And well, he's in the hall of fame.

Point is, you probably aren't going to win a championship with a run around QB. A guy that is mobile that can get out of the pocket and throw downfield is one thing, a Michael Vick clone?

No thanks.

Deberg_1990 03-01-2012 07:37 AM

Young was a scambler, but didnt really run with regularity like Vick did or does. He didnt win anything until he toned down the running and became a better pocket passer anyways.

TheGuardian 03-01-2012 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8409444)
Young was a scambler, but didnt really run with regularity like Vick did or does. He didnt win anything until he toned down the running and became a better pocket passer anyways.

Exactly.

But people on this board have a hard on for drafting ANY quarterback. I mean half the people on this board last year wanted to draft Clausen for the love of god.

MoreLemonPledge 03-01-2012 07:44 AM

So basically we don't want a black quarterback because one has never won a Super Bowl?

Hog's Gone Fishin 03-01-2012 07:52 AM

Quote:

Not true. What about Elvis GRbac !

Fansy the Famous Bard 03-01-2012 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoreLemonPledge (Post 8409452)
So basically we don't want a black quarterback because one has never won a Super Bowl?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv...dies/dougw.jpg

MoreLemonPledge 03-01-2012 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke (Post 8409461)

Doesn't count. He hardly even played that season.

Chiefnj2 03-01-2012 08:07 AM

Griffin had a 179 rushes this year.

Final year in college # of rushes
Newton - 264
Kaepernick - 175
Dalton - 86
Colt McCoy - 129
Tannehill - 58

Deberg_1990 03-01-2012 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 8409448)
I mean half the people on this board last year wanted to draft Clausen for the love of god.

and this is why i rarely post or get caught up in any sort of draft hype anymore. IM tired and done with it.

tymania 03-01-2012 08:11 AM

I did not watch a lot of RG3 at Baylor but the times i did watch him, to me he seemed to be a pass first run second type of QB.

COchief 03-01-2012 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 8409397)
A human's strongest emotion is the avoidance of pain

I read this in Mort's (the whiny Jewish guy) voice from Family Guy. Also, not sure how to say this without being offensive, but you kind of sound like a huge pussy.

Chiefnj2 03-01-2012 08:17 AM

Stat of the Week
Comparing air yards for three QB prospects
Att. Passing yards Air yards Pct. of pass yards that are air yards
Griffin 402 4,293 2,326 54.2%
Luck 404 3,519 1,815 51.6%
Weeden 564 4,727 1,993 42.2%

Stats Inc. came up with a stat that I think shows what an impressive downfield thrower Robert Griffin III was last year: air yards. That's the amount of passing yards a quarterback gets, obviously, through the air, before a receiver catches and runs with the ball. Comparing the percentage of air yards Griffin had last year to two other downfield throwers, Andrew Luck of Stanford and Brandon Weeden of Oklahoma State.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz1nsI4AwL0

jd1020 03-01-2012 08:21 AM

Those numbers don't really impress me.

Talking about a guy like Griffin who played in the spread with one of the fastest WR's in the league vs Luck who played in a pro style with his TEs being the #1 threat.

Chiefnj2 03-01-2012 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 8409521)

Talking about a guy like Griffin who played in the spread with one of the fastest WR's in the league vs Luck who played in a pro style with his TEs being the #1 threat.

One of the fastest WR's who just ran a 4.61.

jd1020 03-01-2012 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 8409525)
One of the fastest WR's who just ran a 4.61.

Ya... Wright is clearly 4.6 speed. Thats why he never got behind any CB in college. :rolleyes:

Coogs 03-01-2012 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 8409521)

Combine 40 times...

WR Kendall Wright, Baylor, 4.61
WR Chris Owusu, Stanford, 4.36

jd1020 03-01-2012 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 8409529)
Combine 40 times...

WR Kendall Wright, Baylor, 4.61
WR Chris Owusu, Stanford, 4.36

In before more idiots start posting a 1 time combine # while NFL teams say "they aren't concerned."

J Diddy 03-01-2012 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by COchief (Post 8409507)
I read this in Mort's (the whiny Jewish guy) voice from Family Guy. Also, not sure how to say this without being offensive, but you kind of sound like a huge pussy.

:ROFL:

You did that really well. I don't know anybody who would be offended by saying someone sort of sounds like a huge pussy.

Coogs 03-01-2012 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 8409540)
In before more idiots start posting a 1 time combine # while NFL teams say "they aren't concerned."

What aren't they concerned with? Luck throwing to a TE all the time when he had two of the top O-linemen in the draft, and one of the fastest WR in all of college FB, yet threw to his TE most of the time?

WV 03-01-2012 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 8409484)

Newton - 264
Kaepernick - 175
Dalton - 86
Colt McCoy - 129
Tannehill - 58

This....thanks for posting it I was going to look for the same stat. I don't get where all these morons keep calling RG3 a running QB. You do not obtain his accuracy by throwing on the run all the time. The pigeon holing of the athletic black QB continues.

jd1020 03-01-2012 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 8409553)
What aren't they concerned with? Luck throwing to a TE all the time when he had two of the top O-linemen in the draft, and one of the fastest WR in all of college FB, yet threw to his TE most of the time?

They aren't concerned with Wrights "4.6" speed when there is game tape out there of him burning 4.4 CB's like Quandre Diggs from Texas.

Baby Lee 03-01-2012 08:53 AM

Quote:

Steve Young had to sit behind Joe Montana in San Francisco to learn to fully appreciate the pocket.
Yeah, Young sat behind Montana because of his deficiencies, not because Montana was the BEST EFFING QB EVER.

RippedmyFlesh 03-01-2012 08:53 AM

I agree with TheGuardian pocket passers= SB's.
But to me RG3 is the exception.
He has a pocket passer's arm which usually with a mobile qb is not the case.
If he got injured and lost mobility but somehow it didn't affect his passing I would still build around him.

tk13 03-01-2012 08:59 AM

I agree with some of this... and I've said as much. Not that it would necessarily keep me from drafting the guy. Yeah Luck is mobile too but he is not anywhere near Griffin's universe. Few people are... Griffin is a once in a decade talent. But nobody has ever won with a scrambling QB. He will have to become an elite passer as well to win. Remember when Young won he set a record for Super Bowl passing TDs and was one of the best passing QBs in the league. My other concern is Griffin is not a big tank like Newton or Tebow... so he's probably a bigger injury risk. But I think he's a better passer than Vick or Vince Young... his potential is off the charts.
Posted via Mobile Device

Reerun_KC 03-01-2012 09:18 AM

all buffets thinks Racist Whitlock is a curse...

-King- 03-01-2012 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 8409589)
Yeah, Young sat behind Montana because of his deficiencies, not because Montana was the BEST EFFING QB EVER.

That's not what he meant...
Posted via Mobile Device

TheGuardian 03-01-2012 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WV (Post 8409555)
This....thanks for posting it I was going to look for the same stat. I don't get where all these morons keep calling RG3 a running QB. You do not obtain his accuracy by throwing on the run all the time. The pigeon holing of the athletic black QB continues.

Pull your head out of your ass.

There is no pigeon holing here, the same thing was said of Tebow. And it turned out to be true.

RGIII is not a pocket passer. If the Chiefs are going to draft a QB to build around as a franchise QB, it needs to be the kinds that you know, win super bowls? And those are pocket passers.

RGIII is a running QB. You don't rush for 846, 635, and 700 yards if you're a pocket passer.

You wanna know how many yards Vick ran for in his two years at VT?

585 and 617.

You wanna know how many yards Luck rushed for at Stanford?

What about Tebow?

469 (freshman year)

RGIII is a running QB. The odds that he will lead a team to a SB are slim and none.

But this board has gone ****ing crazy because like I said, half the people here wanted to draft Clausen last year, when it was clear to sane people he sucked.

Drafting a QB just for the sake of it is ****ing stupid beyond comprehension.

Chiefnj2 03-01-2012 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 8409646)
Pull your head out of your ass.

There is no pigeon holing here, the same thing was said of Tebow. And it turned out to be true.

RGIII is not a pocket passer. If the Chiefs are going to draft a QB to build around as a franchise QB, it needs to be the kinds that you know, win super bowls? And those are pocket passers.

RGIII is a running QB. You don't rush for 846, 635, and 700 yards if you're a pocket passer.

585 and 617.

You wanna know how many yards Luck rushed for at Stanford?

What about Tebow?

469 (freshman year)

RGIII is a running QB. The odds that he will lead a team to a SB are slim and none.

But this board has gone ****ing crazy because like I said, half the people here wanted to draft Clausen last year, when it was clear to sane people he sucked.

Drafting a QB just for the sake of it is ****ing stupid beyond comprehension.

How are you a "running QB" when you have the same number of pass attempts as the "passing/pocket QB" and more passing yardage than the passing QB?

TheGuardian 03-01-2012 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 8409650)
How are you a "running QB" when you have the same number of pass attempts as the "passing/pocket QB" and more passing yardage than the passing QB?

Being in a spread offense.

That's really another knock against him as well. That spread offense has produced lots of guys that don't transition well into pro style offenses.

Again, this board just wants to draft ANY QB......JUST BECAUSE.

Coogs 03-01-2012 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 8409571)
They aren't concerned with Wrights "4.6" speed when there is game tape out there of him burning 4.4 CB's like Quandre Diggs from Texas.

I knew that, I was just funnin' with ya! :D

It does make you wonder a little bit though if the threat of the run from RGIII caused safeties and corners to play a little more cautious.

DaKCMan AP 03-01-2012 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 8409646)

585 and 617.

What about Tebow?

469 (freshman year)

Nice job at abusing statistics to agree with your horribly flawed analysis.

You know how many yards Vick threw for in college? 3,279. Total. In two years.

Griffin threw for 4,293 last year alone. 3,501 the year before.

Tebow threw for 3,286 yards in his sophomore, Heisman winning season. He didn't eclipse 3,000 yards in any other of his 4 seasons at Florida.

Vick ran the ball 40% of the time, passing 60%.
Tebow ran the ball 39% of the time, passing 61% (in his 3yrs as a starter).
Griffin III ran the ball 28% of the time, passing 72% (over past 2 seasons).

Hell, Cam Newton was nearly 50/50. At Auburn he had 280 pass attempts and 264 rush attempts. He only threw for 4,000 yard with a 60% completion percentage in his rookie NFL season.

Chiefnj2 03-01-2012 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 8409655)

That's really another knock against him as well. That spread offense has produced lots of guys that don't transition well into pro style offenses.

Griffin is not in the same boat as the guys you are comparing him to. You compare him to Vick whose greatest # of pass attempts was 179 in a season. You compare him to Tebow who had tons of questions about his throwing motion and accuracy and ability to transition to the NFL.

We get it, you don't like him. You like Tannehill. Making baseless comparisons doesn't make your argument any stronger.

Lzen 03-01-2012 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 8409484)

Newton - 264
Kaepernick - 175
Dalton - 86
Colt McCoy - 129
Tannehill - 58

Quote:

Originally Posted by tymania (Post 8409495)
I did not watch a lot of RG3 at Baylor but the times i did watch him, to me he seemed to be a pass first run second type of QB.

Quote:

Originally Posted by WV (Post 8409555)

I was about to post about this but I see you guys have it covered. Griffin never seemed to me like a running QB. Always looking to pass downfield. The comparison to Vick is unfair.

Lzen 03-01-2012 09:48 AM

Quote:

The spread offense argument is actually a legitimate argument. Unlike the running QB argument.

BigChiefFan 03-01-2012 09:51 AM

RG3 is talented as Hell, but I have to say the spread offense concerns me big time.

suds79 03-01-2012 09:51 AM

Quote:

How many teams are running some sort of the spread right now though? It's a QB friendly system. That's why I think so many teams are operating so much out of shotgun.

Pats? Check.
Saints? Check.
Lions? Check.
GB? Maybe not as much but seems as though they operate out of the gun a lot.

My point is that I'm not sure I buy much anymore that the spread is vastly different from the NFL.

the Talking Can 03-01-2012 09:54 AM

How can anyone have actually watched RG3 play and say he's a running QB?

DaKCMan AP 03-01-2012 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 8409716)
How can anyone have actually watched RG3 play and say he's a running QB?

Psst... they haven't watched him play.

the Talking Can 03-01-2012 09:55 AM

and it's hilarious that RG3 has now been added to the pile of "QBs not good enough for the Chiefs"...

said pile just happens to include every QB ever....

the Talking Can 03-01-2012 09:57 AM

and a simple tweak summarizes whitlock's article

Quote:

He’ll be forced to play QB the “white” way.

i'm kidding...but just barely

RealSNR 03-01-2012 10:01 AM

Quote:

This board doesn't want to draft RGIII because he can run, moron.

RealSNR 03-01-2012 10:05 AM

This board is crazy! They want to draft any QB just because!

Yeah, they want to draft just any QB. Except for any QB in this draft not named Andrew Luck or RGIII.

boogblaster 03-01-2012 10:06 AM

in truth, if you're a running QB .. defensive cords will put a target on you .. and you're asking to get injured ......

Fat Elvis 03-01-2012 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 8409710)
How many teams are running some sort of the spread right now though? It's a QB friendly system. That's why I think so many teams are operating so much out of shotgun.

Pats? Check.
Saints? Check.
Lions? Check.
GB? Maybe not as much but seems as though they operate out of the gun a lot.

My point is that I'm not sure I buy much anymore that the spread is vastly different from the NFL.

Don't forget that Peyton operated out of the shotgun an awful lot. But he sucks, so I guess it doesn't count....

Fat Elvis 03-01-2012 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefFan (Post 8409709)
RG3 is talented as Hell, but I have to say the spread offense concerns me big time.

Assume we adopt a spread offense, with the players that the Chiefs have on Offense, how would you defend it?

The spread plays really well to big receivers, fast running backs who can catch the ball, and a speedy QB that can scramble if he has to.

The Franchise 03-01-2012 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 8409439)
Here you go, I'll do it for you........

Eli Manning

Aaron Rodgers

Drew Brees

Big Ben

Tom Brady

Brad Johnson

Trent Dilfer

Kurt Warner

John Elway

Brett Favre

Troy Aikman

Steve Young

Mark Rypien

On that list someone will try to make a case for Ben, but he never rushed for more than 204 yards in a season. He has escapability but Ben gets away from a pass rush and then throws the ball. He doesn't actually run down field much.

Elway didn't win one until he stopped running around and got a running game behind him.

Young is the only one that qualifies but he was throwing for 3000+ yards routinely. And well, he's in the hall of fame.

Point is, you probably aren't going to win a championship with a run around QB. A guy that is mobile that can get out of the pocket and throw downfield is one thing, a Michael Vick clone?

No thanks.

Aaron Rodger's rushing stats:

2008: 207 yards and 4 TDs
2009: 316 yards and 5 TDs
2010: 356 yards and 4 TDs
2011: 257 yards and 3 TDs

The Franchise 03-01-2012 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 8409718)
Psst... they haven't watched him play.

Because it's theGuardian. He's a ****ing moron.

CoMoChief 03-01-2012 10:19 AM

(and Jeff George has yet to file his retirement paperwork).

lol jfc

WV 03-01-2012 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 8409658)
Nice job at abusing statistics to agree with your horribly flawed analysis.

You know how many yards Vick threw for in college? 3,279. Total. In two years.

Griffin threw for 4,293 last year alone. 3,501 the year before.

Tebow threw for 3,286 yards in his sophomore, Heisman winning season. He didn't eclipse 3,000 yards in any other of his 4 seasons at Florida.

Vick ran the ball 40% of the time, passing 60%.
Tebow ran the ball 39% of the time, passing 61% (in his 3yrs as a starter).
Griffin III ran the ball 28% of the time, passing 72% (over past 2 seasons).

Hell, Cam Newton was nearly 50/50. At Auburn he had 280 pass attempts and 264 rush attempts. He only threw for 4,000 yard with a 60% completion percentage in his rookie NFL season.

Now stop posting facts that do not support his argument!!!!!!!!

Reerun_KC 03-01-2012 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 8409725)
and a simple tweak summarizes whitlock's article

i'm kidding...but just barely

This is why you cant take Whitlock serious...

WhiteWhale 03-01-2012 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by COchief (Post 8409507)

It's okay, I'm not offended by the stupidity of others.

It's just a natural instinct that pretty much all living animals share. It's called survival.

keg in kc 03-01-2012 11:34 AM

Any thread that starts with "Whitlock thinks" is doomed.

RealSNR 03-01-2012 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 8410004)
Any thread that starts with "Whitlock thinks" is guaranteed 100 posts.

FYP

Thig Lyfe 03-01-2012 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tymania (Post 8409495)

Yeah, but he's black, so obviously it's the other way around.

Mr. Laz 03-01-2012 11:45 AM

bullshit ... Cam Newton,Andrew Luck

Bump 03-01-2012 11:49 AM

RG3 is a different type of player than Randall or Vick was and way better. He's smart, did anybody watch that epic bowl game last season? At the end of the game, when RG3 got the ball back and it was time to close the game, you could just see it in his face that he knew they were gonna win. It was like he oozed confidence and I want a guy like that, he's gonna be special. I'm not sure if he's gonna be quite as good as Cam was rookie season but in the long run I think he will be better. It would be so awesome if we make this happen.

Rasputin 03-01-2012 11:49 AM

How fast was Cam Newton? Both Cam Newton & RGIII are good passers and can make plays however it takes to win. Cam had a spectacular rookie campain & they have gone from the worst team picking first to continders just with Cam & are prime for great things in the NFL. I am jealous of the Panthers right now as I see them building a team that can take over the NFC & start dominating the league for years with him at QB. While we pick our nose with retreads, the Panthers go from worst to possibly best right before our eyes.

I just predict Panthers will win a playoff game or two before Chiefs with our retreads system.

Micjones 03-01-2012 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoreLemonPledge (Post 8409467)
Doesn't count. He hardly even played that season.

He was that Superbowl's MVP.
What do you mean it doesn't count?

Bump 03-01-2012 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 8410050)
How fast was Cam Newton? Both Cam Newton & RGIII are good passers and can make plays however it takes to win. Cam had a spectacular rookie campain & they have gone from the worst team picking first to continders just with Cam & are prime for great things in the NFL. I am jealous of the Panthers right now as I see them building a team that can take over the NFC & start dominating the league for years with him at QB. While we pick our nose with retreads, the Panthers go from worst to possibly best right before our eyes.

I just predict Panthers will win a playoff game or two before Chiefs with our retreads system.

I said it last year before the season ever started, Cam will get to the Superbowl and fast. He's really the first of his kind at QB, it's like Lebron James playing QB or something, he's a freak athlete, a champion and can put up 4,000 yards passing as a rookie. I think he's a douche, but he's ****ing talented as hell.

jd1020 03-01-2012 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 8410050)
How fast was Cam Newton?

On a track RG3 is faster than Newton but I'd take Newton running on a football field over RG3.

Rasputin 03-01-2012 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8410066)
I said it last year before the season ever started, Cam will get to the Superbowl and fast. He's really the first of his kind at QB, it's like Lebron James playing QB or something, he's a freak athlete, a champion and can put up 4,000 yards passing as a rookie. I think he's a douche, but he's ****ing talented as hell.

For character I like RGIII way better than Newton, I give the edge on tallent to Newton but RGIII is special IMO. I was really shocked by the performance of Newton and was even surprised that he was taken first overall last year. What would be epic is if we snag RGIII and hook up in the Super Bowl against the Panthers in a couple of short years getting there. I'm calling it now, if we get RGIII that is.

Dave Lane 03-01-2012 01:34 PM

With the guardian posting against him I have to say I'm in favor of going all in for him now.

Easy 6 03-01-2012 01:45 PM

Quote:

I pretty much agree here, i'll always prefer a pocket passer.

RealSNR 03-01-2012 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 8410327)
I pretty much agree here, i'll always prefer a pocket passer.

You guys are arguing a straw man, you do realize?

RGIII's mobility doesn't take away from his skills as a passer. There's absolutely no reason at all why he couldn't be like an Aaron Rodgers in Green Bay.

whoman69 03-01-2012 02:13 PM

The article starts with a delusional statement and has a delusional premise. Why should I read it?

FAX 03-01-2012 02:27 PM

I understand the concern, but it's easily dealt with.

In one of the Rocky movies, Mickey gave Rocky the gift of speed by spending countless hours training him to chase a chicken. What Daboll needs to do is spend countless hours teaching RG3 to chase a yard gnome.

FAX

TheGuardian 03-01-2012 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8409782)
Because it's theGuardian. He's a ****ing moron.

Says the guy that wanted to draft Clausen.

Better watch the rocks in that glass house, dipshit.

TheGuardian 03-01-2012 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8409775)
Aaron Rodger's rushing stats:

2008: 207 yards and 4 TDs
2009: 316 yards and 5 TDs
2010: 356 yards and 4 TDs
2011: 257 yards and 3 TDs

None of those come close to him being labeled a running QB. We've already been over that you ****ing window licker.

The Franchise 03-01-2012 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 8410481)
Says the guy that wanted to draft Clausen.

Better watch the rocks in that glass house, dipshit.

Says the guy who flip flopped on Moeaki and was all over Cam Thomas's nuts.

TheGuardian 03-01-2012 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8410486)
Says the guy who flip flopped on Moeaki and was all over Cam Thomas's nuts.

Ummmmm you got the wrong guy dawg.

The Franchise 03-01-2012 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 8410491)
Ummmmm you got the wrong guy dawg.

lolwut?

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=227169

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 6708644)
Still out there. Drafting these guys IMO would make this a very very solid draft.

But I'm sure we're going to take a long snapper.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 6708650)
I wonder why they fell this far?????

IMO if we had to pick between these two I'd take Thomas. We need a nose tackle like Kirstie Alley needs another sponsorship of weight watchers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 6708652)
Ricky Sapp is still there too. So all hope is not lost until we take that long snapper.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 6708656)
Yup. Could have had all 3. But at least we got that tight end who had 300-something yards last year. Whew. That position is filled.