ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs So here's where we are........ (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=257268)

TheGuardian 03-13-2012 04:23 PM

So here's where we are........

It's hard to believe, but this franchise has gone backwards in a big way.

No matter what anyone says, Carl Peterson may have been the butt of jokes for a long time, but do you believe for a second that he doesn't have Manning in here for a visit? You know he does. He had a great relationship with Tom Condon.

Was Carl a prick sometimes? Sure. It's big business. Not everyone is Mr. Nice Guy.

But I don't ever remember there being this aura of "don't go there, it's a hostile work environment" when Carl was here.

No matter what anyone says, there is no way Peterson stands pat with a roster like this.

Peterson's time had come and gone, but I NEVER got the feeling that he didn't want to win a SB. I always got the feeling he did, but that his plans just didn't work out.

In contrast, what I get with Pioli is that it's more important to make a franchise and the people that work in it, submissive to him. Thus he creates a dictatorship. This is exactly why Haley did what he did before he got fired. To give Pioli a big **** you before he left. I'll stand by the fact that I think Haley is a good coach, and with the right management he would have won here. Shit he did win here. He would have won here last year had we not went into the season with the QB situation we had.

Haley was not a Cassel supporter. That alone should have endeared everyone to him. He knew he couldn't win with Cassel. But rather than get him a QB he could win with, Pioli forced Cassel on him. Once Cassel went down, Haley decided he had enough and tanked. Good idea? Probably not. But sometimes you just get your fill of something and can't bring yourself to say anything than FU.

I have no doubt that if Haley had gone to Peteron and said "we can't win with Cassel" he would have gotten him someone he felt he could win with.

This isn't a "bring back Peterson" post. Far from it.

I'm merely pointed out that while people thought it was bad under Peterson, it's much much worse under Pioli. Hard to believe that we could sink even further but we have.

This is a franchise that no one wants to come to. And a franchise (Pioli) that doesn't want to improve. I know that everyone throws this on Clark, but I don't think he's very hands on. He's not a Jerry Jones. He paid Pioli to do a GM's job. But Pioli is just playing puppet master.

You almost get the feeling that no one gives a shit up there. I don't think it's about money or filling seats. If that were the case then they would do shit to cater to the fan base. They don't. They do the opposite. Why? Because it's a dictatorship. Pioli sits up in his office, and says "**** everyone, I'm going to do what I want to do......because I can."

It's called apathy. Pioli doesn't give a shit what anyone wants. He doesn't give a shit about upgrading this roster, giving the fans something to cheer about on game day or get excited about for the upcoming season. He just wants to make sure everyone knows he's in charge.

So here's where we are.

WE will go into the 2012 season with Cassel. He will cost us some games that mean the difference in going to the playoffs or sitting at home. We'll be subjected to watching him miss wide open WR's by 19 yards and going three and out 14 times a game. Watch him not be able to effectively run a screen play or throw to the back on a wheel route who is completely wide open. You know, throws every halfway decent QB can make.

Pioli will pay some ****ing second rate FA's to come here that no one else wants. They will barely see the field and won't make a god damn bit of difference in terms of improving the roster.

We'll still be bitching that we don't have a true bad-ass nose tackle or right tackle (how many ****ing god damn piece of shit years does it take to replace two mother ****ing positions?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!!).

Clark will do interviews where he won't address any of this.

Pioli will continue to never address it.

Romeo will be the only guy that answers a god damn thing, his defense will play their guts out every game trying to keep that piece of shit Cassel and the offense in the game. But Cassel, as he always does, will continue to let everyone down.

2012 will feel a lot like this past season.

If all of this feels like it's coming to fruition, I will spend my Sunday's doing something else. I refuse to be emotionally invested in a team anymore where the action of the ownership never signifies they are doing everything in their power to win a championship.

**** that.

I don't think we can expect a change until Pioli is either fired, or makes a dramatic change in his management style. Even if the latter happens, it takes some time for that kind of thing to gain traction and reverberate throughout the league and to players.

So more than likely, this are going to be just as they have been for the past three years, or possibly worse.

I'm not a doom and gloom guy. But not being able to get a visit from Manning and hearing shit like "going to be selective in FA" (which really means, we aren't going after any big free agents) signals to me that this franchise is in a bad place, and doesn't give a shit about winning right now.

Rant over.

Ebolapox 03-13-2012 04:25 PM

gun to my head, pioli or carl peterson? carl peterson. **** pioli and **** matt cassel. **** YOU, SCOTT PIOLI

FlaChief58 03-13-2012 04:26 PM

This.

ToxSocks 03-13-2012 04:26 PM

tl;dr

Dayze 03-13-2012 04:26 PM

Clark, and Pioli are like two varying forms of STDs

Hammock Parties 03-13-2012 04:27 PM

IN POLIO I RUST

Scorp 03-13-2012 04:28 PM

Peyton Manning

Too soon?

Dayze 03-13-2012 04:29 PM

Chiefs will bring in Fitzpatrick LMAO

Bugeater 03-13-2012 04:29 PM

I don't get this "I'll spend my Sundays doing something else" that I keep hearing. Do you people know there are other football games on?

L.A. Chieffan 03-13-2012 04:29 PM

Lol u people are insane pining for Carl.

Seriously, vikesfan yourself.

Rain Man 03-13-2012 04:32 PM

I bet right now Pioli is on the phone doing the final parts of the deal with Manning. Manning's saying a bunch of stuff like, "I want barbecue, but I want all of the ribs facing north-south when they're delivered to me", and "Two chicks at the same time, but one of them must be South Korean and other one North Korean", and Pioli is trying to talk him into a South Korean and a Manchurian.

Okie_Apparition 03-13-2012 04:33 PM

Do people read these

Dayze 03-13-2012 04:33 PM

LMAO

Is Luv Korean.?

TheGuardian 03-13-2012 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A.Chieffan (Post 8449547)

Who is pining for carl?

Clearly stated his time was up. The point is that as bad as Carl got, we've gone downhill even sense then.

Reading comprehension is valuable.

Donger 03-13-2012 04:35 PM

I'm no football expert, but isn't this somewhat premature?

L.A. Chieffan 03-13-2012 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 8449573)
Who is pining for carl?

Clearly stated his time was up. The point is that as bad as Carl got, we've gone downhill even sense then.

Reading comprehension is valuable.

Your "point" is irrelevant.

RealSNR 03-13-2012 04:43 PM

If all that plays out like you said, I can see Pioli finally going, "Okay. Cassel needs to get replaced."

But that simple fact that it took him so ****ing goddamn long to replace his pet bitch will have me absolutely irate. It will totally ruin any happiness I might feel from getting a real QB to run this team.

TheGuardian 03-13-2012 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 8449575)

Just aggravation at this point.

How is it that everyone and an AFL team can get a visit from Manning, and we can't?

The culture that people feel we have here now.

Add in the fact that it looks like Carr will walk (he should have been signed to an extension DURING the season), we won't bring in any REAL upgrades it seems, and I just feel disgusted.

Ace Gunner 03-13-2012 05:24 PM

man this is low even for you carl

lcarus 03-13-2012 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 8449607)
Just aggravation at this point.

How is it that everyone and an AFL team can get a visit from Manning, and we can't?

The culture that people feel we have here now.

Add in the fact that it looks like Carr will walk (he should have been signed to an extension DURING the season), we won't bring in any REAL upgrades it seems, and I just feel disgusted.

That being said, we still should have a pretty damn good D and we will get Charles and Moeaki back. Really we just need a QB. One day. One day...

Halfcan 03-13-2012 05:28 PM

but..... we are saving Cap room-lol

lcarus 03-13-2012 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 8449754)
but..... we are saving Cap room-lol

In this economy...Clark has to save that cash! You never know when an elite veteran QB will get released by his team because they got the #1 pick in the draft and there's a stud QB out of Stanford to be had. Gotta have a lot of cap room for when that opportunity arises. Right?

TheGuardian 03-13-2012 05:31 PM

I'm perfectly fine with eating all of my words if things change. It just doesn't seem like the FO is cultivating a winning atmosphere here.

MeatRock 03-13-2012 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8449599)
If all that plays out like you said, I can see Pioli finally going, "Okay. Cassel needs to get replaced."

But that simple fact that it took him so ****ing goddamn long to replace his pet bitch will have me absolutely irate. It will totally ruin any happiness I might feel from getting a real QB to run this team.

Think of it this way, that so-called pro-bowl season Cassel had has Pioli thinking we can win with this piece of shit. Shut down by Manning and Orton has got to sting Clark Hunt. Pioli says hi chiefsfans it's a new year, we can do it.

vailpass 03-13-2012 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 8449560)
I bet right now Pioli is on the phone doing the final parts of the deal with Manning. Manning's saying a bunch of stuff like, "I want barbecue, but I want all of the ribs facing north-south when they're delivered to me", and "Two chicks at the same time, but one of them must be South Korean and other one North Korean", and Pioli is trying to talk him into a South Korean and a Manchurian.

LMAO

Strongside 03-13-2012 05:34 PM

We have been blacklisted by the league. We're like the rich, drug addicted, alcoholic relative that, no matter how much money they'll give you, you don't invite to your wedding because it will just be more of a hassle than it's worth.

Halfcan 03-13-2012 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 8449763)
In this economy...Clark has to save that cash! You never know when an elite veteran QB will get released by his team because they got the #1 pick in the draft and there's a stud QB out of Stanford to be had. Gotta have a lot of cap room for when that opportunity arises. Right?

ROFL nailed it

Manning Hates pioli-that is why he snubbed the chiefs.

Rausch 03-13-2012 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 8449772)
It just doesn't seem like the FO is cultivating a winning atmosphere here.

It doesn't even seem like they know how...

SPATCH 03-13-2012 05:36 PM

http://i.imgur.com/VMmBf.gif

TheGuardian 03-13-2012 05:40 PM

I don't understand how a black dude dancing with fried chicken signifies "didn't read" but ok.......

RUSH 03-13-2012 05:43 PM

How ****ing pathetic is it that the BUFFALO BILLS are throwing around money (Mario) but the Chiefs refuse to? We have sunk lower than the Bills. This is what we have come to.

I understand the whole building through the draft thing. Packers and Steelers do it successfully and it's the best way to build a team but they are both up against the cap every single year. We are about to let a young stud corner that we drafted walk over a million or two if the reports coming out are correct.

Pathetic.

htismaqe 03-13-2012 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 8449800)
It doesn't even seem like they know how...

Gotta lock those bathrooms and draw the shades!

Coogs 03-13-2012 05:45 PM

Very good post Guardian! :clap:

NJChiefsFan 03-13-2012 05:47 PM

I really was/am giving Pioli this offseason. It wasn't like there was a ton to replace Cassel with.

Problem is there is now, and we can't even get the guy in to talk to. We also are losing Carr which is what Pioli promised wouldn't happen with out talent. We still have the Bowe issue to deal with again next year. Just a terrible start to this offseason. If we don't do whats right in FA and have Cassel back its justified to have open season on the guy. Long way to go but none of the signs point towards a positive finish.

As for comparing the two, lets just realize that we should be getting better than either of them. This is like comparing Chiefs QBs. They both usually suck.

TEX 03-13-2012 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RUSH (Post 8449834)
How ****ing pathetic is it that the BUFFALO BILLS are throwing around money (Mario) but the Chiefs refuse to? We have sunk lower than the Bills. This is what we have come to.

I understand the whole building through the draft thing. Packers and Steelers do it successfully and it's the best way to build a team but they are both up against the cap every single year. We are about to let a young stud corner that we drafted walk over a million or two if the reports coming out are correct.

Pathetic.

Yep. Not just pathetic - ****ing pathetic.

DrunkBassGuitar 03-13-2012 06:11 PM

it's pretty ****ed up that the Carl Peterson era was the good ol' days

the Talking Can 03-13-2012 07:06 PM

pioli can't hold Carl's jockstrap...

Reerun_KC 03-13-2012 07:09 PM

Thankfully my ADD didnt allow me to read all of that...

RJ 03-13-2012 08:09 PM

STFD and STFU.

That is all.

Simply Red 03-13-2012 08:16 PM

Never really hated you, you're just sort of a bully, but the OP is about exactly how I feel.

Omaha 03-13-2012 08:32 PM

Quote:

This is my problem with Pioli. Why not give him the North Korean? He's one of the best players of all time! **** Pioli!

Phobia 03-13-2012 09:02 PM

I had to take a commercial break about 3 paragraphs in.

Red Beans 03-13-2012 09:05 PM

Fence...grass...other side....greener

MahiMike 03-13-2012 09:06 PM

It's gonna be ok fellas.

Red Beans 03-13-2012 09:10 PM

For all you folks making this comparison- think of the media now compared to the 1990's-2005. There's no comparison. I'm not defending Pioli, but if you think we wouldn't have heard some outrageous shit during Carl's tenure... I've got a bridge for sale...

Extra Point 03-13-2012 09:16 PM

Not a lot of fast typists in the contract deepartment.

Easy 6 03-13-2012 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RUSH (Post 8449834)

Pathetic.

Truth in every sentence.

The first year, and to a somewhat lesser extent the second, i understood the 'being selective in free agency' mantra.

But as the roster currently stands, it really only needs a few big pushes to get it over the top & anyone paying any kind of attention KNOWS it... but here we go again with this 'selective in free agency' horseshit, not only are they not likely to do much, but will also let a guy like Carr walk so they could save a few mill.

Is there time to salvage it, is the paranoia premature? possibly, but this guys track record doesnt bode well at all.

Routt, maybe a good rb & a body or two... thats really all i am expecting to get... some big push to win. Mannings coming to dinver & they could've put Mario Williams in his grill, but no.

JUST ONE BIG SPLASH, is that really too much to ask?

whoman69 03-13-2012 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 8450965)
Truth in every sentence.

The first year, and to a somewhat lesser extent the second, i understood the 'being selective in free agency' mantra.

But as the roster currently stands, it really only needs a few big pushes to get it over the top & anyone paying any kind of attention KNOWS it... but here we go again with this 'selective in free agency' horseshit, not only are they not likely to do much, but will also let a guy like Carr walk so they could save a few mill.

Is there time to salvage it, is the paranoia premature? possibly, but this guys track record doesnt bode well at all.

Routt, maybe a good rb & a body or two... thats really all i am expecting to get... some big push to win. Mannings coming to dinver & they could've put Mario Williams in his grill, but no.

JUST ONE BIG SPLASH, is that really too much to ask?

Peyton, wait for it...Hillis. :bolt:

Easy 6 03-13-2012 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 8451160)
Peyton, wait for it...Hillis. :bolt:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xWs1kK6wk3o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Fritz88 03-13-2012 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 8449511)
It's hard to believe, but this franchise has gone backwards in a big way.

No matter what anyone says, Carl Peterson may have been the butt of jokes for a long time, but do you believe for a second that he doesn't have Manning in here for a visit? You know he does. He had a great relationship with Tom Condon.

Was Carl a prick sometimes? Sure. It's big business. Not everyone is Mr. Nice Guy.

But I don't ever remember there being this aura of "don't go there, it's a hostile work environment" when Carl was here.

No matter what anyone says, there is no way Peterson stands pat with a roster like this.

Peterson's time had come and gone, but I NEVER got the feeling that he didn't want to win a SB. I always got the feeling he did, but that his plans just didn't work out.

In contrast, what I get with Pioli is that it's more important to make a franchise and the people that work in it, submissive to him. Thus he creates a dictatorship. This is exactly why Haley did what he did before he got fired. To give Pioli a big **** you before he left. I'll stand by the fact that I think Haley is a good coach, and with the right management he would have won here. Shit he did win here. He would have won here last year had we not went into the season with the QB situation we had.

Haley was not a Cassel supporter. That alone should have endeared everyone to him. He knew he couldn't win with Cassel. But rather than get him a QB he could win with, Pioli forced Cassel on him. Once Cassel went down, Haley decided he had enough and tanked. Good idea? Probably not. But sometimes you just get your fill of something and can't bring yourself to say anything than FU.

I have no doubt that if Haley had gone to Peteron and said "we can't win with Cassel" he would have gotten him someone he felt he could win with.

This isn't a "bring back Peterson" post. Far from it.

I'm merely pointed out that while people thought it was bad under Peterson, it's much much worse under Pioli. Hard to believe that we could sink even further but we have.

This is a franchise that no one wants to come to. And a franchise (Pioli) that doesn't want to improve. I know that everyone throws this on Clark, but I don't think he's very hands on. He's not a Jerry Jones. He paid Pioli to do a GM's job. But Pioli is just playing puppet master.

You almost get the feeling that no one gives a shit up there. I don't think it's about money or filling seats. If that were the case then they would do shit to cater to the fan base. They don't. They do the opposite. Why? Because it's a dictatorship. Pioli sits up in his office, and says "**** everyone, I'm going to do what I want to do......because I can."

It's called apathy. Pioli doesn't give a shit what anyone wants. He doesn't give a shit about upgrading this roster, giving the fans something to cheer about on game day or get excited about for the upcoming season. He just wants to make sure everyone knows he's in charge.

So here's where we are.

WE will go into the 2012 season with Cassel. He will cost us some games that mean the difference in going to the playoffs or sitting at home. We'll be subjected to watching him miss wide open WR's by 19 yards and going three and out 14 times a game. Watch him not be able to effectively run a screen play or throw to the back on a wheel route who is completely wide open. You know, throws every halfway decent QB can make.

Pioli will pay some ****ing second rate FA's to come here that no one else wants. They will barely see the field and won't make a god damn bit of difference in terms of improving the roster.

We'll still be bitching that we don't have a true bad-ass nose tackle or right tackle (how many ****ing god damn piece of shit years does it take to replace two mother ****ing positions?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!!).

Clark will do interviews where he won't address any of this.

Pioli will continue to never address it.

Romeo will be the only guy that answers a god damn thing, his defense will play their guts out every game trying to keep that piece of shit Cassel and the offense in the game. But Cassel, as he always does, will continue to let everyone down.

2012 will feel a lot like this past season.

If all of this feels like it's coming to fruition, I will spend my Sunday's doing something else. I refuse to be emotionally invested in a team anymore where the action of the ownership never signifies they are doing everything in their power to win a championship.

**** that.

I don't think we can expect a change until Pioli is either fired, or makes a dramatic change in his management style. Even if the latter happens, it takes some time for that kind of thing to gain traction and reverberate throughout the league and to players.

So more than likely, this are going to be just as they have been for the past three years, or possibly worse.

I'm not a doom and gloom guy. But not being able to get a visit from Manning and hearing shit like "going to be selective in FA" (which really means, we aren't going after any big free agents) signals to me that this franchise is in a bad place, and doesn't give a shit about winning right now.

Rant over.

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/...e57258202f.png

listopencil 03-13-2012 11:38 PM

Quote:

"Two chicks at the same time, but one of them must be South Korean and other one North Korean"

God damn it. Now I want to do that. You just had to go and put that thought into my head.

Rasputin 03-13-2012 11:39 PM

Am just throwing a name out there for future GM consideration...

Tony Dungy.

I don't see him going back to being a coach, but I think he could make a good GM. I know he would get players to want to come here as he was adored by his players. I'm ready for a new GM.

Bump 03-13-2012 11:40 PM

lol, nobody misses Carl dude

WildTurkey 03-13-2012 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A.Chieffan (Post 8449547)

This... 1000 times this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

listopencil 03-13-2012 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 8451297)

Tony Dungy.

I don't see him going back to being a coach, but I think he could make a good GM. I know he would get players to want to come here as he was adored by his players. I'm ready for a new GM.

You are going to have to put a block of empty space at the bottom of your posts. I was thinking, "Oh yeah, that interesting. Tony Dungy could be a...."

Then :drool: because the text got too close to Juliette Lewis.

Fritz88 03-13-2012 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 8451297)

Tony Dungy.

He has issues with same sex marriage.

Sabby and Pope will have to be released.

Rasputin 03-14-2012 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 8451308)
You are going to have to put a block of empty space at the bottom of your posts. I was thinking, "Oh yeah, that interesting. Tony Dungy could be a...."

Then :drool: because the text got too close to Juliette Lewis.

She is a babe, got that right. I like my typing close to her, she is such a whore. Love her.

KC Jones 03-14-2012 06:21 AM

:rolleyes:

Some people are pathetically silly in their understanding of the Peyton Manning saga. Nobody could possibly make him visit if he's not interested. The guy has his pick of most teams in the league and we didn't make his short list. Most teams in the league didn't make the short list either, get the **** over it. Just because Peyton doesn't want to come here doesn't mean nobody does - clearly we signed a CB already.

We're not even 24 hours since the beginning of free agency, so I don't see how you could possibly say we're standing pat with the roster. They're attempting to build the team with mostly young draft choices and decent value free agents. We have needs at RT, NT, and RB. I don't expect Moeaki or Lewis to be 100% come the start of the season either, so I wouldn't be surprised to see us pick up a TE or safety help somewhere.

As for sending the team backwards or being worse than the Peterson years...

WTF?!?! Haley looks to have been a bad hire in hindsight, but worse than Goonthar or Herm? 2-14?

When Peterson came on board he got a very good coach and inherited a very talented roster. Then things circled the drain for 10+ years and most moves stank of desperation. We have a long way to go before we drop to the lows of the Peterson years.

bench_cassel 10-02-2012 12:53 AM

:clap:

FAX 10-02-2012 04:44 AM

The thing about North Korean girls is that they are usually armed when they come to bed. And I tell you now that one of the worst things you can ever do in your entire life is fumble around in the dark and accidentally insert your erect penis into the business end of a BM-13 shoulder-fired rocket launcher. I mean, you may reach nirvana, but you'll reach it permanently and the Korean chick won't even bother to clean up the mess so your heirs get a below-market price for your pad.

FAX

Coogs 10-02-2012 05:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 8449575)

I didn't look at the date, and thought this was written last night. Couldn't believe it when I realized nearly half of the way through reading the OP that it was written several months ago!

EDIT: And since I made a post in this thread several months ago and didn't recall reading this before, I'm wondering if alzheimers may be setting in. :sulk: