ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Science How do you flush this type of toilet? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=257708)

Rain Man 03-23-2012 11:46 AM

How do you flush this type of toilet?

I'm wondering what the proper protocol is. Hang on while I put up the poll.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_t3fdqODE9f...lic+Toilet.png

chasedude 03-23-2012 11:51 AM

Upper Decker is how I flush.

seclark 03-23-2012 11:51 AM

listopencil 03-23-2012 11:54 AM

Concrete Cyanide

chasedude 03-23-2012 11:54 AM

I always flush with my foot (if possible) in public places. Always use the towels to dry off with to open the handle on the door.

vailpass 03-23-2012 11:55 AM

What the **** is a frush?

rockymtnchief 03-23-2012 11:57 AM

I couldn't tell you the last time I flushed one of those by hand. By foot every time.

Bowser 03-23-2012 11:57 AM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zJt3IdvtIiw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

mikeyis4dcats. 03-23-2012 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chasedude (Post 8486796)
I always flush with my foot (if possible) in public places. Always use the towels to dry off with to open the handle on the door.

+1

Rain Man 03-23-2012 12:07 PM

The results so far are shocking to me. Stunning. Jaw-dropping.

I see nothing on that toilet that makes me think I should flush it with my foot. If the restroom is clean it's always the hand, and unless it's absolutely filthy it's still the hand. Flushing with your foot just puts floor germs on it for the next person.

Canofbier 03-23-2012 12:11 PM

Good god, you people are a bunch of pussies. You realize there's a sink to wash your hands with just on the other side of the room, right?

I'll bet you're also the assholes who cover the seat with toilet paper to "protect" yourself from the AIDS that you think exists on it.

rockymtnchief 03-23-2012 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 8486833)

I see nothing on that toilet that makes me think I should flush it with my foot. If the restroom is clean it's always the hand, and unless it's absolutely filthy it's still the hand. Flushing with your foot just puts floor germs on it for the next person.

The bathroom may appear clean, but the last guy might have did a finger tip drag while wiping, been scratching his man bush, or digging in his nose.

I have no desire to carry his chunky monkey from the stall to the sink.

chasedude 03-23-2012 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 8486830)
+1

Do you use your shirt, elbow, hat (anything other than you're bare hand) to open the door on restrooms with only the handblowers too?

I hate those bathrooms.

Also bathrooms without trashcans near the door find my used towel on the floor then.

Canofbier 03-23-2012 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockymtnchief (Post 8486854)
The bathroom may appear clean, but the last guy might have did a finger tip drag while wiping, been scratching his man bush, or digging in his nose.

I have no desire to carry his chunky monkey from the stall to the sink.

Just by walking around the living world, you're breathing in those very same flakes of nastiness that float around in the air.

Think about it - every time you smell someone's fart, a substance that mere seconds ago was in someone's lower intestinal tract is now happily inhabiting your lungs.

Msmith 03-23-2012 12:17 PM

You guys don't carry a mini lysol can in the front pocket of your pants?

chasedude 03-23-2012 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canofbier (Post 8486849)
Good god, you people are a bunch of pussies. You realize there's a sink to wash your hands with just on the other side of the room, right?

I'll bet you're also the assholes who cover the seat with toilet paper to "protect" yourself from the AIDS that you think exists on it.

Nah, I wait until home to drop the deuce. Unless it's an emergency, then the intestinal pressure overtakes my OCD's and I drop trough with no regrets.

rockymtnchief 03-23-2012 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chasedude (Post 8486856)
Do you use your shirt, elbow, hat (anything other than you're bare hand) to open the door on restrooms with only the handblowers too?

I hate those bathrooms.

Also bathrooms without trashcans near the door find my used towel on the floor then.

Left pinky finger as a last resort. I got in the habit of not touching public things with my Copenhagen fingers on the right hand.

I'm far from a germaphobe, it just turned into a habit after leaving bar shitters and seeing people not wash their hands.

munkey 03-23-2012 12:19 PM

Quote:

And why I use my foot....there should be a pool for this...

munkey 03-23-2012 12:20 PM

I mean poll...smart phones..;)

rockymtnchief 03-23-2012 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canofbier (Post 8486865)
Just by walking around the living world, you're breathing in those very same flakes of nastiness that float around in the air.

Think about it - every time you smell someone's fart, a substance that mere seconds ago was in someone's lower intestinal tract is now happily inhabiting your lungs.

Yes, I know. And I breathe in worse at work. I have my way, you have yours.

Canofbier 03-23-2012 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockymtnchief (Post 8486890)
Yes, I know. And I breathe in worse at work. I have my way, you have yours.

Too bad that "your way" is responsible for 90% of the filth that gets transferred from person to person in a restroom. Shoes are nasty.

I suppose that in a way I just justified your reasoning. Oh well.

chasedude 03-23-2012 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Msmith (Post 8486872)

I do have a alcohol hand sanitizer pump in the door to my delivery vehicle. I've been delivering meds for a pharmacy lately and come in contact with some of the nastiest people I've ever seen. 50% of my contacts are medicaid recipients and many keep deplorable living conditions. Plus with the sick, infected and contagious my job is a regular petri dish.

Predarat 03-23-2012 12:29 PM

If its a place I got shitty service, I flush flush flush flush until it overflows and floods the bathroom.

WV 03-23-2012 12:33 PM

Quote:

Who gives a shit about the next guy.

FlaChief58 03-23-2012 12:56 PM

I always use the foot method.The less stuff I have to touch with my hands in a public RR the better.

Rain Man 03-23-2012 12:58 PM

Quote:

No. It just looks like it.

-King- 03-23-2012 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canofbier (Post 8486849)

Yep. And I'll still use my foot every single time to flush.

Quote:

I may take one deuce a year at public restrooms, but I still cover the seat if I absolutely have to take it in a public place.

-King- 03-23-2012 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canofbier (Post 8486899)
Too bad that "your way" is responsible for 90% of the filth that gets transferred from person to person in a restroom. Shoes are nasty.

I suppose that in a way I just justified your reasoning. Oh well.

Yeah, so are random people's asses and hands.

Radar Chief 03-23-2012 01:06 PM

Public shitter gets the foot flush, I don’t care how clean it looks.

rageeumr 03-23-2012 01:06 PM

Wow, I am in the overwhelming minority. Unless there's like visible poop on the handle, I'm going to use my hand. I'm going to wash them in 5 seconds, what's the difference? Say you're in a gas station, the push bar to get out of the store (not the bathroom) is probably dirtier than the flush handle....

prhom 03-23-2012 01:08 PM

I always use my foot, and truthfully it seems like the durable design would encourage this. The restroom at my work has the handle mounted up much higher so one would have to have the flexibilty of Jean Claude van damme in order to kick-flush it. In that case I will use my hand to flush. Dont mount the handle so low if you don't want people flushing with their foot.

cosmo20002 03-23-2012 01:08 PM

No way in hell I'm touching anything in a public restroom. Shoe all the way. I hate even walking in there. I'm not the neatest guy in the world, but I don't understand just why there is SO MUCH piss all over the place in most public restrooms. So if you're not at home, do people not care where it goes?

LOCOChief 03-23-2012 01:09 PM

Quote:

Not a "mini" one.

-King- 03-23-2012 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 8487042)
No way in hell I'm touching anything in a public restroom. Shoe all the way. I hate even walking in there. I'm not the neatest guy in the world, but I don't understand just why there is SO MUCH piss all over the place in most public restrooms. So if you're not at home, do people not care where it goes?

ROFL

Frazod 03-23-2012 01:15 PM

Reach back and get it with my elbow.

Poll FAIL

LOCOChief 03-23-2012 01:17 PM

Remember in the olden days when when a feller could wrap themselves in plastic and climb down into the rest stop or national park poop hole and not worry about it?

Now it sanitize this, sanatize that jeesh.

Just kidding, I touch NOTHING in public bathrooms.

mikey23545 03-23-2012 01:17 PM

I flush with my hand, then wash said hands...What could be simpler?

Most of you saying you use your foot are really lying rather than admit you're the nasty ****s that don't flush at all, leaving a ****ing mess for the next guy.

In other words, you are genetically indistinguishable from Raider fans...

WV 03-23-2012 01:23 PM

They clean the bathrooms at my work three times a day and I still cover and foot flush. It's not my home shitter so it gets the foot treatment.

LOCOChief 03-23-2012 01:29 PM

Looks like the toilet in the picture is designed to prevent the risk of an upperdecker.

cardken 03-23-2012 01:33 PM

At the 1:46 mark. http://courtesyflush.tumblr.com/post...h-adam-carolla

Amnorix 03-23-2012 01:38 PM

Quote:

THIS. Why? Men are pigs.

Amnorix 03-23-2012 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rageeumr (Post 8487034)
Wow, I am in the overwhelming minority. Unless there's like visible poop on the handle, I'm going to use my hand. I'm going to wash them in 5 seconds, what's the difference? Say you're in a gas station, the push bar to get out of the store (not the bathroom) is probably dirtier than the flush handle....

You think I touch that with my hands? Elbow or forearm or back into it (if arms are full) all the way.

Msmith 03-23-2012 02:13 PM

Okay, this is a related question. So you are crapping and your royal behind is splashed, what would you do?

chefsos 03-23-2012 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Msmith (Post 8487219)
Okay, this is a related question. So you are crapping and your royal behind is splashed, what would you do?

I don't really worry about it. And, regarding the original question:

I don't really worry about it.

I consider my own bodily products to be more foul and toxic than anyone's, so I'm free to ignore any fears that I'll contract a deadly case of cooties in your average public restroom. In addition, "clean" is primarily a visual thing anyway and doesn't mean a damn thing regarding germs. I flush by hand and wash 'em.

threebag 03-23-2012 02:35 PM

If its yellow let it mellow
If its brown flush it down

Beef Supreme 03-23-2012 03:41 PM

You mean you don't know how to use the three seashells?

MMXcalibur 03-25-2012 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 8487032)
Public shitter gets the foot flush, I don’t care how clean it looks.

What he said.

jspchief 03-25-2012 05:22 AM

I usually flush a public toilet with my unwiped asscrack. Although sometimes I just use my taint.

Bugeater 03-25-2012 05:33 AM

"De-bolt"? LMAO

I hope you don't own any tools at all if you're using words like that.

Zebedee DuBois 03-25-2012 06:46 AM

Soap and water, people.

...and you non-flushers are despicable people of whom your mothers are ashamed.

Hog's Gone Fishin 03-25-2012 06:58 AM

You Idiots, germs are here for a reason. Without germs you can't build a proper immune system. Your immune system protects your body so you can carry on in daily life. It's a philosopy we use in the swine industry , we bring in clean animals and expose them to all pathogens on the farm before we start them into production. And no I don't use my tongue to flush the toilet.

Stanley Nickels 03-25-2012 07:01 AM

Seriously, this culture of oversanitization is- no pun intended- a bunch of shit. Your body is built to handle germs. Obviously, the exceptions to that are feces and blood, but your skin cells are more than capable of handling it until you can get it washed off. The only thing I do is make sure there's soap in a bathroom before I crap. I always use my hand to flush, and then wash my hands.

As a side note, if you have children, the only time you should be using antibacterial soap is for when they've accidentally touched feces or blood, or have an open cut (and in the latter case it's not always necessary, but probably best to do so). So many people just dont' let their kids get dirty, and there is quite a bit of research that indicates that this can result in immunological deficiencies and disorders, as our body is actually designed to NEED to fight infection.

/end rant.

Stanley Nickels 03-25-2012 07:01 AM

...AAAAANNNDDD, Hog Farmer beats me to it.

MITCH 03-25-2012 08:06 AM

Everyone one of us still have to walk around in same shoes all day in all kinds of sh** and germs and take our shoes off at home. Sometimes having to touch parts of shoe we are not thinking about. This thread makes me think of washing hands after taking off shoes at home.

The Iron Chief 03-25-2012 09:21 AM

I let the next guy do it for me.

BigMeatballDave 03-25-2012 09:51 AM

I always wash my hands after so it doesn't matter.

That said, I usually use my foot.

DaFace 03-25-2012 09:57 AM

If it's bad enough that I feel the need to use my foot, it's probably bad enough that I wouldn't use it in the first place. Unless you're not washing your hands, I don't see any point in using your foot, which makes the overall germ situation even worse.

WhiteWhale 03-25-2012 10:44 AM

By foot every time.

Buck 03-25-2012 10:47 AM

Quote:

I work for a healthcare company, which has like 5 hospitals and 30+ other medical services facilities in San Diego.

I work at the corporate office, but the orientation they had people from every facility. They actually told us this is the correct protocol to prevent the spread of germs to patients.

WhiteWhale 03-25-2012 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MITCH (Post 8490473)
Everyone one of us still have to walk around in same shoes all day in all kinds of sh** and germs and take our shoes off at home. Sometimes having to touch parts of shoe we are not thinking about. This thread makes me think of washing hands after taking off shoes at home.

What's funny is that the keyboard you're using is probably so covered in germs it puts your shoes to shame.

veist 03-25-2012 10:55 AM

Lot of vaginas up in this thread. Oh noes I got germs on my hand from flushing the toilet nevermind that it was a couple sheets from my asshole mere seconds ago. THE HORROR!

lcarus 03-25-2012 10:57 AM

Quote:

Yeah, the only way I'll ever flush with my foot is if there's visible gunk on the handle. Usually in that case though, I just won't flush it. I can always wash my hands after, but no point in touching something nasty.

Stewie 03-25-2012 11:23 AM

Always with the foot in a public bathroom. I use an ass-gasket when available if I'm taking a dump, TP is a workable secondary option.

My workplace has automatic flushers.

WhiteWhale 03-25-2012 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by veist (Post 8490740)
Lot of vaginas up in this thread. Oh noes I got germs on my hand from flushing the toilet nevermind that it was a couple sheets from my asshole mere seconds ago. THE HORROR!

I don't sit on public toilets.

DaFace 03-25-2012 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie (Post 8490817)
Always with the foot in a public bathroom. I use an ass-gasket when available if I'm taking a dump, TP is a workable secondary option.

My workplace has automatic flushers.

Little known fact: toilet seats are frequently cleaner than sinks in public restrooms. Our ass cheeks actually aren't very germ-ridden.

On the other hand, the floors of public restrooms are awful - further evidence that flushing with your foot isn't a good idea for users of the restroom as a whole.

(I think there was a Mythbusters episode about this a while back, but here's an article that gets to some of the points.

chasedude 03-25-2012 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8490710)
I work for a healthcare company, which has like 5 hospitals and 30+ other medical services facilities in San Diego.

I work at the corporate office, but the orientation they had people from every facility. They actually told us this is the correct protocol to prevent the spread of germs to patients.

Then my OCD's arn't that outrageous after all :clap:

chasedude 03-25-2012 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 8490736)
What's funny is that the keyboard you're using is probably so covered in germs it puts your shoes to shame.

While working as a computer tech, I saw many a nasty keyboard. One older lady I worked on frequently would sit at her desk and eat Cheez-its all day. Her keyboard was packed full of crumbs, disgusting. I got to the point I'd put on latex gloves before I worked on her computer thinking she'd get the hint. Nope, she didn't.

My tool kit now includes a box of gloves incase I come across the foulest of the foul.

Papi 03-25-2012 01:37 PM

Foot. No such thing as a clean restroom. And while I'm strongly against the pussification of the american male, I feel that being sanitary is not a factor in the epidemic.

Mr. Laz 03-25-2012 02:19 PM

always with the foot

If they have the motion on/off sinks and dryers i don't have to touch anything in the bathroom, except for myself.

mdchiefsfan 03-25-2012 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 8490621)
If it's bad enough that I feel the need to use my foot, it's probably bad enough that I wouldn't use it in the first place. Unless you're not washing your hands, I don't see any point in using your foot, which makes the overall germ situation even worse.

+1

BigMeatballDave 03-25-2012 06:15 PM

Your kitchen sponge is worse than any restroom, as far as bacteria.

qabbaan 03-25-2012 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 8492446)
Your kitchen sponge is worse than any restroom, as far as bacteria.

Bacteria is on every surface in the world. Other people's piss isnt.

BigMeatballDave 03-25-2012 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qabbaan (Post 8492627)
Bacteria is on every surface in the world. Other people's piss isnt.

Fresh urine isn't loaded with bacteria.

Saulbadguy 03-25-2012 07:53 PM

Hand. Less effort.

DaFace 03-25-2012 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 8492836)
Fresh urine isn't loaded with bacteria.

Yep. Urine is "icky," but largely harmless.