ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Dragon Age 3 Announced (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263823)

Mr. Laz 09-17-2012 11:11 AM

Dragon Age 3 Announced

Dragon Age 3 Announced: Dragon Age 3: Inquisition Coming In "Late 2013"

Dragon Age 3: Inquisition,
the third game in BioWare's Dragon Age franchise, will be released on late 2013. According to BioWare and EA, the game will combines "the storytelling legacy BioWare is known for" with "deep RPG gameplay." It will be built on a new RPG game engine "underpinned by EA’s critically-acclaimed Frostbite 2 technology."

“The Dragon Age team has been working on Dragon Age 3: Inquisition for almost two years now,” said Aaryn Flynn, General Manager of BioWare Edmonton and BioWare Montreal in a statement. “We’ve been poring over player feedback from past games and connecting directly with our fans. They haven’t held back, so we’re not either. With Dragon Age 3: Inquisition, we want to give fans what they’re asking for – a great story with choices that matter, a massive world to explore, deep customization and combat that is both tactical and visceral.”

I'd love to be able to tell you more -- show some pictures and maybe a video -- but there is no more to tell at the present. As soon as we get any more information, we'll let you know.

Until then, though, check out our review of the last Dragon Age game:

QuikSsurfer 09-17-2012 11:14 AM

I don't care how bad the second game was.. The first title and its expansion were so good that I'll always support this franchise.
And please more male on male love scenes.... mmmm Zevran.

Kraus 09-17-2012 11:43 AM

The first game was awesome - I still haven't played the second. From what I've heard I probably won't even touch it.

pr_capone 09-17-2012 11:44 AM

I'll give it a shot.

Saulbadguy 09-17-2012 12:35 PM

THANK THE MAKER!

Imon Yourside 09-17-2012 12:43 PM

meh, boring franchise.

QuikSsurfer 09-17-2012 12:43 PM

Enchantment!

Frazod 09-17-2012 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kraus (Post 8920703)
The first game was awesome - I still haven't played the second. From what I've heard I probably won't even touch it.

I loved the second one. :shrug: And it's damn sure better than any of the new crap I've played this year.

keg in kc 08-08-2013 02:47 PM

Game's the cover story in this month's Game Informer

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/4-mKtib9eYA?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Pants 08-08-2013 06:14 PM

I didn't realize DA2 was considered a flop. I remember enjoying the game quite a bit.

I'll be playing DA3 for sure.

keg in kc 08-08-2013 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 9869046)
I didn't realize DA2 was considered a flop. I remember enjoying the game quite a bit.

I'll be playing DA3 for sure.

It was a flop in the same way that ME3 was a flop. There were some very vocal people (primarily on the game's forums) who hated it. Most people were fine with it.

I'm unsure about the direction. As I'm sure you've heard me say a million times on here, I don't like open world games. So the idea of removing some of the linear quest direction of the game is actually a major negative to me. But everything they've shown so far looks amazing. I'm sure I'll preorder it.

Saulbadguy 08-08-2013 07:13 PM

I never finished DA2 and I was really excited for it. It got too repetitive and boring.

I'll definitely get DA3 though.

keg in kc 08-08-2013 07:21 PM

There were some valid complaints about the game. The game was released very quickly, they did extensively reuse areas, there was a clear change in gameplay/combat, and a lot of people wondered why the Warden wasn't part of the game. Mainly what I was referring to were the people who called it (and then ME3) the worst BioWare games ever made, and a sign that EA had killed them.

hometeam 08-08-2013 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 9869193)
I never finished DA2 and I was really excited for it. It got too repetitive and boring.

I'll definitely get DA3 though.

Same with me, I got pretty far, but gave up on it. I was extremely stoked for it, pre-ordered, but it couldn't keep me.

Javabean 08-09-2013 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9869222)
There were some valid complaints about the game. The game was released very quickly, they did extensively reuse areas, there was a clear change in gameplay/combat, and a lot of people wondered why the Warden wasn't part of the game. Mainly what I was referring to were the people who called it (and then ME3) the worst BioWare games ever made, and a sign that EA had killed them.

I enjoyed DAO2 because I thought it succeeded as a roleplaying game, but the gameplay and combat were so dumbed down from the first one that I can understand why so many people were upset with it. And being that it was their first major release after EA purchased them, it was not a good sign.

As for ME3, I honestly don't think there's any question that the last 10 minutes of that was the worst thing BioWare's ever released. The only question is whether it overshadowed the rest of the game, which ranged from above average to excellent.

EA's purchase may not have killed BioWare, but there has been a definite drop-off in quality. Before the purchase, they gave us Baldur's Gate and Neverwinter Nights and KOTOR and the first Mass Effect. Since the purchase, they've given us one amazing game in ME2 and big pile of above average.

I still enjoy their games, but they're not the genre defining games they used to be.

Beef Supreme 08-09-2013 10:36 AM

I didn't finish DA2 either. The main story was a big unmemorable pile of ass that suffered even further because of even worse side stories that completely destroyed any sense of pace.

The cut scenes were a good excuse to leave the room and take a piss.

keg in kc 08-20-2013 09:31 AM

New behind the scenes vid from gamescom this morning:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/sgzTlyw9w_E?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

duncan_idaho 08-20-2013 10:42 AM

I think the biggest fail in Dragon Age 2 was that it did not tie in enough to DAO.

Going with a different protagonist is fine, but they missed an opportunity to use some supporting characters to keep things going. All of the really interesting characters in DAO (The Hero, Morrigan, Alistair) just drop off the map.

Sounds like they are being aggressive with DA3. I just hope the "OPEN WORLD" concept doesn't make it incredibly difficult to get from one place to another (like in Skyrim).

MBSiMMENS 08-21-2013 10:11 AM

I really loved the first game and the second was fine but should have been called something other then DA2

QuikSsurfer 08-21-2013 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MBSiMMENS (Post 9903769)
I really loved the first game and the second was fine but should have been called something other then DA2

Dragon Age: The Adventures of Shit Mountain?

Mav 08-21-2013 11:57 AM

I own the first one, and started it, but I got spoiled by games like Sacred 2, Fable, Fable 2, And KOA.

I just couldn't get into it. I tried. Maybe I will try again.

keg in kc 08-21-2013 12:09 PM

I played Sacred 2 and the first 2 Fables. None of them were half the game DA:O was.

Mr. Laz 08-21-2013 12:09 PM

loved DAO and all the DLC but never finished DAO2 either

i think i just got bored because it seems like i had done it all before

Mav 08-21-2013 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9904086)
I played Sacred 2 and the first 2 Fables. None of them were half the game DA:O was.

well, I guess I know what I can play to get me by then.....

Did you ever play Kingdoms of Amalur?

keg in kc 08-21-2013 12:14 PM

No, I never played KoA.

re: laz - DA2 is a very slow starting game, and once it gets going, you don't get to see anything but Kirkwall and the amazingly same-looking caves that surround the city. So it can be difficult to get into.

keg in kc 08-21-2013 12:16 PM

(I also don't think most of the problems with DA2 will be issues in DA3 - the game's gotten plenty of development time)

duncan_idaho 08-21-2013 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9904086)

Fable is dogshit. I have never completed one of those games.

the Talking Can 08-21-2013 12:39 PM

i'm replaying origins now after picking it up during steam's sale...still a blast, and i had never played the dlc

DA2 just felt 'less'....running around the same city and dungeons, it felt they just quit halfway through development

keg in kc 08-21-2013 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9904152)
DA2 just felt 'less'....running around the same city and dungeons, it felt they just quit halfway through development

They basically did. EA forced it out the door less than 2 years after release of the original (that was supposedly because they original had been in development for so long that they wanted to recoup some by shaving development time on the sequel). That's why I'm so glad they're giving them until fall next year to finish this one.

Mav 08-21-2013 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9904115)

I honestly didn't think it crap until I played KoA.

After playing that which has just an amazing combat system, and going back to trying to play Fable, no matter how much I enjoyed the story line, the graphics, and feel were just awful.

I love the story line from Fable, and Fable 2.

Frazod 08-21-2013 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9904115)

I liked the first two, but crapped out on the third one.

Pants 08-21-2013 08:34 PM

I never got the love for KoA. That game was 100% MMO grindfest without the actual MMO part. It also looked like a slightly better version of WoW (read: not very good). The story was complete dogshit, character building must have been dogshit because I don't even remember making any choices after I leveled up. That game was like a 4.5 out of 10 for me.

DA:O was like an 8.8, IMO.

Mr. Laz 08-22-2013 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9904270)
I liked the first two, but crapped out on the third one.

Yep ... they changed the 3rd one big time

I played it through but didn't like it nearly as much

The power for each hand was a cool idea but the way it developed was annoying.

Frazod 08-22-2013 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 9905211)
I never got the love for KoA. That game was 100% MMO grindfest without the actual MMO part. It also looked like a slightly better version of WoW (read: not very good). The story was complete dogshit, character building must have been dogshit because I don't even remember making any choices after I leveled up. That game was like a 4.5 out of 10 for me.

DA:O was like an 8.8, IMO.

Wow, I loved it. I thought the coolest thing about it was the character building, because if you started getting bored with your character you could unbind all your selections and reassign them to completely different skills. Much better than just starting a new game from nothing. The crafting was cool, too. I really enjoyed the way you could add different components to your items to specifically enhance them. I wish Skyrim was more like that.

I agree that the graphics could have been better (and see the WoW comparison) but it didn't bother me.

Frazod 08-22-2013 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9906158)

I didn't care for the big wrench they threw into the story line in the second game, and when something similar happened in the third one, I just quit playing. Very annoying.

Mav 08-22-2013 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9906158)

Yep.....I played the hell out of Fable 2. It was just awesome in my opinion.

3 was meh. very very meh.

keg in kc 08-22-2013 01:12 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/NqDIKwgmOms" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

keg in kc 08-22-2013 01:13 PM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ykw4f12Hgj4?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

keg in kc 08-22-2013 01:19 PM

Video that I'm not able to find on youtube that deals with the way they're designing the world. Basically they say they're doing it like Baldur's Gate, so they'll have huge area maps you can explore, but it won't be open world in the sense that Elder Scrolls games are. Which makes me relax a bit.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featur...quisition.aspx

Pants 08-22-2013 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9906250)
Wow, I loved it. I thought the coolest thing about it was the character building, because if you started getting bored with your character you could unbind all your selections and reassign them to completely different skills. Much better than just starting a new game from nothing. The crafting was cool, too. I really enjoyed the way you could add different components to your items to specifically enhance them. I wish Skyrim was more like that.

I agree that the graphics could have been better (and see the WoW comparison) but it didn't bother me.

I honestly don't remember what the leveling system even entailed. Did it open up new skills/attacks?

/sorry for being so off-topic, keg

Frazod 08-22-2013 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 9907049)
I honestly don't remember what the leveling system even entailed. Did it open up new skills/attacks?

Standard two-set advancement, one side enhanced fighter/mage/rogue skills, the other set was general skills. But you could go to a fateweaver, and for a fee that got larger each time, reset everything. So if you're playing a straight rogue and get bored, you can reset and switch over to a fighter/mage, for example. You'd then need to re-outfit your character, since he wouldn't be able to use certain weapons/armor anymore. It was great - kept the game interesting much longer.

keg in kc 08-22-2013 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 9907049)

Doesn't bother me. Just so happens that Inquisition is the cover story for Game Informer for September, and they've been putting up a new video every week. Probably won't see anything new for months after next week.

keg in kc 09-02-2013 12:36 PM

Showing some really cool spell effects...

<div style="background-color:#<div style="padding:4px;"><iframe src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/embed/mgid:arc:video:gametrailers.com:e3bad800-00c9-448e-8d81-d2cf581a303b" width="512" height="288" frameborder="0"></iframe><p style="text-align:left;background-color:#</div>

keg in kc 09-02-2013 01:38 PM

Part 3 is especially good...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/IML4hhg8Yz0?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/g6rV1Y6Vcxg?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/bbGN7OBngCQ?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

keg in kc 04-17-2014 06:39 PM

Totally missed this vid when it came out a month or so ago...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/fzuR1Fn_b48?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ragged Robin 04-17-2014 11:30 PM

Looks great but I'm more concerned about the writing. Everything after Origins was complete and utter crap. More excited for Witcher 3.

htismaqe 04-18-2014 07:40 AM

I'm excited for both. Inquisition looks really good, I don't think the writing is going to be a problem since they have openly admitted that they realize the writing was crap after Origins.

I'm not sure it will ever compare to the Witcher though. They've set such a high bar.

keg in kc 04-18-2014 08:56 AM

I'm the rare guy who isn't a witcher fan and had no real issues with the da sequel. Thought the first witcher was overrated and lost interest in the second a couple of hours in on three or four different occasions. Thought I'd like it. Really wanted to like it. Didn't. Played da 2 for hundreds of hours. Didn't like the map repetition. Liked everything else. Think the combination of Dao and da2 elements could make for an amazing game if they pull it off.

:shrug:

htismaqe 04-18-2014 09:00 AM

The Inquisition part of it is what interests me most.

An actual living, breathing war going on and the main character being a part of it sounds pretty awesome.

The novel AI concept in this game is every bit as exciting as in Shadows of Mordor.

keg in kc 04-18-2014 09:24 AM

I'm not that all up-to-date on it. Release is still so many months away that it hasn't hit my radar yet. Didn't even know there was a new bioware forum until I stumbled across it a couple of days ago, when I found the youtube vid. I figure they'll be one of the prominent games at E3, so that seems like a good time to ratchet up my attention.

I am pretty curious to see what their as-yet unannounced new IP will be, as well as the 4th completely unrelated to shepard ME game that they can apparently play internally but haven't yet shown any of the rest of us.

htismaqe 04-18-2014 09:38 AM

It was the cover story in the September issue of Game Informer. I'm not sure if that story is available online but you should read more about it.

It looks really cool.

keg in kc 04-18-2014 11:45 AM

I'll start stealing some stuff from the bioware forums.

First is a collection of info from a recent GamePro article, Apparently some of it's 'duh' and some of it's new:
Quote:

-They're using trinity tactics, meaning that a tank will soak up enemy damage while the Damage Dealer... deals damage and the healer supports us with healing spells. Also, the role of support classes was given a bit more emphasis than before.

-Enemy AI will make use of terrain, for example: archers or mages will look for high places where they can spam us from above and are well protected while we fight through melee enemies who block our path to them. Though there are of course counter measures: Casting a huge wall of ice will force them to look for alternate spots (which may be advantageous to us) or make them break through the wall with considerable effort.

-When you pause the game, placing the cursor on enemy units will tell you their level, health and class.

-Party members will be revived after battle, health will only party be restored. Mana will restore completely, but you won't be able to spam healing spells until everybody is ok again, though Bioware didn't mention how that will work out.

-It's completely optional to make use of the dodge roll.

-2 voices per gender, and it's not possible to have a woman with a man's voice. (apparently one british, one american)

-Fade sequences won't be as tedious as before.

-Nearly everything the player does is tied to the Inquisition in a way. Strengthening the Inquisition by scouting areas, defeating monsters, solving quests etc. will in turn unlock new areas or parts of the story.

-The look of our castle, the Skyhold, is tied to the strength of the Inquisition as well as upgradeable in various ways. If your organization gains more reputation, more soldiers will be running around in the castle. You can change the look of the rooms, or build new ones for crafting purposes, for example a garden to grow herbs.

You can use a map to coordinate your troops and give them various orders.

-Companions so far are Vivienne, Varric, Cassandra, Solas and Iron Bull, as well as a female archer.

-Areas are considerably bigger. The average map should be about three times the size of the Korcari Wilds from DA:O.

-Enemies will also attack each other. Like, if a giant enters a dragon's nest (which is of course patrolled by the dragon), the dragon will attack the giant.

-The optional battles against the dragons will be really hard. During the interview, even the one responsible for designing the battle system lost big way. Also, hurting various body parts will change the behavior of the dragon, like making him limp.

-The graphics will be really awesome. Waves behave realistically, and every pebble is well rendered. After it rains, puddles will form and make the ground muddy, slowing down the movement of the group.

keg in kc 04-18-2014 11:51 AM

Stuff from last month's OBX:
Quote:

1. There will be 5 regions in Dragon Age: Inquisition: Fereldan, The Free Marches, Orlais, Nevarra and the Dales:
  • 2 of the areas you can expect to visit are; a war-torn region in Orlais and an elven burial ground, known as the Emerald Graves.
  • The Emerald Graves, according to executive producer Mark Darrah, is where the Dalish Elves planted one tree for every soldier killed in the Exalted Marches.
  • According to the magazine, while enemy levels don't scale to your characters, you can affect environmental changes to drastically influence local settlements, establish trade routes, capture territory and disrupt the local ecosystem.
  • Wild flora and fauna, useful for crafting can be hunted to scarcity, allowing other species to proliferate.
  • Defeating intelligent enemies like bandits or dragons will have a significant effect on a given region.

2. Dragon Age Inquisition Companions:
  • There will be no DLC Companions: According to Creative Director Mike Laidlaw: "Because of how deeply enmeshed in the system companion characters are, we can't just add them on the fly; part of them has to be shipped on the disc...which was led to criticism that we're forcing people to pay for content they already own. It's not the case, but we've decided this time to not go that route. There will be no DLC party members."
  • Solas is an apostate and an expert on the Fade.
  • The Iron Bull is confirmed as a companion, who is described as "a one-eyed mercenary and outcast from the Qunari faith"
  • Sera is confirmed as a companion, and is described as "an elven archer. Little is known about them [referring to both Sera and the Iron Bull] at this point, particularly Sera, who turned up seemingly on accident during one of several combat demonstrations..."

3. The Dialogue Wheel:
  • "We have three wheels that we use in response to any given piece of dialogue" says Gaider. "One of those is what we call the 'tone wheel', which is mostly for role-playing choices. The other two are the 'choice wheel'- for taking an action or stating an opinion-and the 'reaction wheel,' for emotional moments"

4. The Inquisitor:
  • There will be 4 voices for the Inquisitor 2 for each gender, for all races
  • To address why the same voices apply to all races, Mike Laidlaw made the following statement: "It's a matter of file size...if we were to have eight voices, two for each race, we would be shipping on 14 discs or something. We figured that with four voices, that would give players enough options while staying within our size limitations"
  • Bioware is currently exploring options to differentiate the voices, like changing the pitch of the audio.
  • The Prologue Section (or the "Origin" section" will be the same for all players. The player's appearance, class and dialogue responses during the prologue section will fill in the details, presumably of the Inquisitor's background, and in particular inform how other characters respond to you throughout the story.
  • The Inquisitor is the sole survivor of a reality-shattering event which results in the Fade tearing opening throughout Thedas.
  • "Presumbly as a result [of the Fade tearing open throughout Thedas], you're also endowed with a singular ability: you can close these rifts wherever they appear throughout the continent."

5. Endings:
  • "Bioware is promising a staggering 40 possible endings for the game, dependent not only on choices made in character generation but by actions taken throughout the storyline. [Mark] Darrah stresses, however, that the endings will all be meaningfully different from one another. You won't find 40 endings with only slight degrees of variation between them."

6. Customization:
  • Armour weights are no longer class specific. Meaning a rogue can wear a mage's robes, and a mage can wear a warrior's armour. The magazine speculates the penalties will be similar to the fatigue penalties used in DA: Origins

7. Other information:
  • There will be a jar of bees, which can be used as a combat item which according to Bioware: "You throw it, the jar breaks open, and little bees fly around stinging your opponents."

Javabean 04-22-2014 01:02 AM

Box art revealed.

The game looks good so far -- much more like an iteration of the first one then the second one. I'm pretty optimistic about it.

keg in kc 04-22-2014 09:33 AM

And a new gameplay trailer.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/uO2h4qUNJ60?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Release date is official: October 7!

keg in kc 06-09-2014 02:22 PM

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/1zsNnKNbq-E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

keg in kc 06-09-2014 02:24 PM

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/jNOK8x4tcgM?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

keg in kc 06-09-2014 02:33 PM

<div style="background-color:#<div style="padding:4px;"><iframe src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/embed/mgid:arc:video:gametrailers.com:70f8edd7-d205-428f-930c-82aff71c2458" width="512" height="288" frameborder="0"></iframe><p style="text-align:left;background-color:#</div>

keg in kc 06-09-2014 07:01 PM

Dragon Age: Inquisition - Biggest RPG Ever Created by BioWare
Quote:

"For three years, Dragon Age: Inquisition has been the focus of our BioWare studio," Darrah said. "It's the biggest RPG we've ever made - A multi-region open-world to lose yourself in and experience the best stories you can play."

Here's some of numbers Darrah pointed out to prove his claim:

"In Dragon Age: Inquisition, there are nine followers for you to find and recruit, the most of any Dragon Age game to date."
"Ten massive, open living regions that span two nations."
"Your Inquisitor will be uniquely yours with four playable races, two genders, and a choice of voices, as well as our unique, brand new facial customization system that offers over a billion possible faces."
"Twenty-one different combat skill tees with over 250 combat abilities, talents, and upgrades allow you to fight the way you want."
"16 million armor combinations that can be equipped on both you and your followers."

One of the most interesting things of this iteration is how the story will morph and change based on your actions (or even inactions). "The world of Dragon Age: Inquisition will react to your presence and to the actions you take," Darrah said. "Our brand new Emergent Life System changes based upon the decisions and actions you make, evolving the world as you progress in the story. The Inquisition is your primary tool of influence. Use the War Table to send your agents on missions and decide where the story goes next. Rebuild and customize a stronghold to make it your own, or use the Judgment System to capture enemies in the world and decide their ultimate fate."

keg in kc 06-09-2014 07:06 PM

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/8wgomFVnwPU?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ragged Robin 06-09-2014 07:19 PM

hopefully the other 5 or so companions they didn't show in that are more interesting because those were really lame ROFL

GloucesterChief 06-09-2014 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragged Robin (Post 10680968)
hopefully the other 5 or so companions they didn't show in that are more interesting because those were really lame ROFL

Varric is in it which is good.

keg in kc 06-10-2014 02:11 PM

About 10 minutes of demo starts at the 1:44:00 mark: http://www.twitch.tv/twitch/b/537207659

Think this is the same thing:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/5DzFTvZthxg?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Setsuna 06-10-2014 05:40 PM

I want this.

keg in kc 06-11-2014 03:43 PM

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/DSGmlW7Z8EY?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

keg in kc 07-29-2014 02:54 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/oYZw98f58Xo?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Also, in case anybody missed it, the game's been delayed a few weeks. Coming out November 18th.

The Franchise 07-29-2014 03:03 PM

Looks pretty cool.

The Franchise 10-14-2014 04:41 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/qzRjfkXW9Lo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ragged Robin 10-14-2014 06:29 PM

pre-ordered this and ordered a GTX 780 in preparation :evil:

EDIT: apparently I could've gotten a 970 for about the same price.. woops

GordonGekko 10-14-2014 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragged Robin (Post 11014391)
pre-ordered this and ordered a GTX 780 in preparation :evil:

EDIT: apparently I could've gotten a 970 for about the same price.. woops

how do you get a 970 everywhere I look they are out of stock it seems

Ragged Robin 10-14-2014 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GordonGekko (Post 11015158)
how do you get a 970 everywhere I look they are out of stock it seems

newegg has them, depends on what manufacturer yr going for I guess

keg in kc 11-07-2014 06:55 AM

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/4VCJfuY142I?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mr. Flopnuts 11-07-2014 07:24 AM

I don't play games nearly as much as I used too, but I'm hoping they did a ****ing good job for the XBO because it's going to be a day 1 purchase for me.

OmahaChief 11-07-2014 01:38 PM

Pre-ordered the deluxe version today.

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/9c/9c7b...1a114e39ea.jpg

keg in kc 11-10-2014 02:04 PM

From a gamespot reviewer:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Dragon Age story finished 85 hours after I started.</p>&mdash; Kevin VanOrd (@fiddlecub) <a href="https://twitter.com/fiddlecub/status/531673634780114945">November 10, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

So maybe the stuff at e3 about this potentially being a 200 hour game wasn't all marketing bs after all.

Mav 11-10-2014 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 11101237)
From a gamespot reviewer:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Dragon Age story finished 85 hours after I started.</p>— Kevin VanOrd (@fiddlecub) <a href="https://twitter.com/fiddlecub/status/531673634780114945">November 10, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

So maybe the stuff at e3 about this potentially being a 200 hour game wasn't all marketing bs after all.

Jesus

keg in kc 11-10-2014 02:17 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/oPpekcveMOQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/8_CApsY-K6c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

keg in kc 11-11-2014 07:04 AM

Review embargo broke this morning, and I have to say I'm feeling pretty good about my preorder now (I'd put it off until last week...).

Game Spot - 9/10: http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/drag.../1900-6415949/
Game Informer - 9.5/10: http://www.gameinformer.com/games/dr...-informer.aspx
IGN - 8.8/10: http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/11/...isition-review
Polygon - 9.5/10: http://www.polygon.com/2014/11/11/71...aystation-4-pc
Time 4.5/5: http://time.com/3554352/dragon-age-inquisition-review/
PlayStation Lifestyle - 9/10: http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/...-ps4/#/slide/1
Joystiq - 5/5: http://www.joystiq.com/2014/11/11/dr...ng-the-scales/
Crave Online - 8.5/10: http://www.craveonline.com/gaming/re...world#/slide/1
MMORPG - 8.6/10: http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/g...RPG-Crown.html
PC Gamer - 87/100: http://www.pcgamer.com/dragon-age-inquisition-review/
Eurogamer - 8/10: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...isition-review
Gaming Trend - 95/100: http://gamingtrend.com/reviews/drago...-role-playing/
GamesRadar - 4/5: http://www.gamesradar.com/dragon-age...tion-review-2/
Hardcore Gamer - 5/5: http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2014/11...e-inquisition/
AusGamers - 9.2/10: http://www.ausgamers.com/games/drago...sition/review/

According to a post on reddit, 43 reviews currently, combined average score of 88/100.

Some random tidbits from reviews:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gaming Trend
Dragon Age Inquisition has raised the bar for storytelling. It’s the sort of game you think you have figured out after a few hours, but time and time again it’ll surprise you. With a rebuilt combat system, an open and inviting world, 150 hours of content, and a warm and familiar storytelling system, Dragon Age Inquisition is the best RPG I’ve played in a decade.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Destructoid
Dragon Age: Inquisition not only feels like a fully fledged role-playing adventure, but it's also packed with fun things to do that will keep you busy for weeks. Having played well over 100 hours, I'm still finding things to do, working on my multiplayer characters, and plotting another playthrough to handle things a bit differently. Inquisition is a triumph and proves that despite some missteps along the way, BioWare hasn't lost its touch.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GamesRadar
Dragon Age: Inquisition creates a massive, vibrant world on a scale far greater than its predecessors, and does an excellent job of making you feel in command. The heart of this game rests with its characters, who keep you invested in the action.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hardcore Gamer
Like a good hundred hour long novel that never lets up, Dragon Age: Inquisition is so engrossing you won’t be able to put it down.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joystiq
Dragon Age: Inquisition is BioWare's reaffirmation of what it's capable of delivering. It's a gorgeous game on an epic scale. Rich in character and story, it creates a fantasy world with plausible social rules you can get lost in. It makes you feel that you aren't just exploring a new world, but helping shape it at various levels of society. Inquisition sets the bar for what a blockbuster RPG should be.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Game Informer
After two disparate entries with different philosophies, Dragon Age’s identity crisis is over. With a mixture of open-world exploration, entertaining combat, and top-tier characters, the team at BioWare has found a winning formula that isn’t shackled to either Dragon Age: Origins or Dragon Age II. Inquisition is not defined by the traditions it returns to, but by the new directions it forges for this magnificent fantasy universe.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoftPedia
Dragon Age: Inquisition is a sign that developer BioWare and publisher Electronic Arts understand why gamers were disappointed with the second game in the series and are eager to regain their love by creating a complex, massive, engaging and sometimes surprising mix of action and role playing that can easily keep someone engaged until the end of the year.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PlayStation Universe
BioWare has not only addressed its fans’ concerns but has developed a title that RPG fans will donate many hours of their lives to. Dragon Age: Inquisition is not only one of the best games to come out this year, its easily the best RPG of the year.

Obviously I cherry picked the best of the lot, but even the negative reviews were along the lines of "may not be the best thing RPG ever but still the best in a while". Lowest scores I've seen so far were 3.2 out of five (still described as 'good' by the reviewer) and 7/10 (in Swedish, no clue what it says...).

keg in kc 11-11-2014 07:29 AM

OMFG. ROFL

Spoiler!

keg in kc 11-11-2014 11:08 AM

So fyi, for anyone who isn't aware or who has forgotten, there are no save imports for DAI. You have to go through the Dragon Age Keep to set up everything. That bugged me initally, but as I went through it this morning I actually found it to be a nice refresher on everything that happened in the first two games (neither of which I've touched in 2+ years). Links is https://dragonagekeep.com/en_US/worldvault/#product/dao