ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Offseason predictions (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263888)

tredadda 09-18-2012 08:23 AM

Offseason predictions

I know we are only in week 3 but I figured I would make some offseason predictions now and see how they play out while the season is still young.

1. RAC will be fired after the season
I just don't feel like with this schedule this team will be competitive this year, and with the talent we have that will be unacceptable. The fans will be screaming for a new HC and this will force our GM's hand.

2. Matt Cassel will not be our starting QB after this year.
Bottom line is this, Cassel is not a franchise QB and after four years the Cassel experiment will finally come to an end. Again much like Crennel, the GM will have to replace him due to pressure from above and from the fans. Another year with him starting will meet with mutiny between the team and fans and that is not what this organization wants.

3. Pioli will be our GM next year
As unpopular as this might seem, I just don't think Hunt will fire him. I do think that he will have to abandon some of his time honored tenets in order to maintain this job long term.

4. We will hire someone from outside the "tree" to be our next HC.
Pioli needs to abandon the "Patriot Way" and will need to do something bold. For him, this is bold.

5. We will draft a first round QB
I hope it is not Landry Jones, but that is another argument. This is projected to be the deepest QB draft since Pioli has been here and we should end up with a 1st round caliber QB without having to trade up for one. Combine that with fan pressure and it will be tough for him to not draft one. He can't afford to make a mistake on another veteran QB, especially given the success of young QBs in the league.

6. Bowe resigns.......but at a premium.
Baldwin this year will prove that he is not #1 material and with the crop of projected FA WR's, we will have to resign Bowe. There will be no one on the market better than Bowe and he and the organization know this. They will need to give our rookie QB weapons and since Baldwin is not capable of carrying that load, it will have to be Bowe. But he won't come cheap.

7. We resign Albert
Albert is good, but not great. We won't find better in FA (as elite LTs never hit the market) and the fanbase will explode if we let him walk and draft his replacement in the 1st round. But since he is not elite we should be able to sign him long term for a reasonable amount.

8. Dorsey leaves via FA
Dorsey still has the potential to be a great 4-3 DT. He can go to a team that plays that type of defense and get paid well to do it. At least he will get paid better than he will as a 3-4 DE with the Chiefs. I think the Chiefs believe he is easily replaceable and will not try too hard to keep him. Dorsey will want to go where he can be a potential star instead of a forgotten piece on our defense.

These are just my predictions, some could be right, or they could all be wrong. I figured it was better to make these now instead of at the end of the year when many more things are set in stone. What does everyone else think and why?

King_Chief_Fan 09-18-2012 08:31 AM

2. Cassel gets cut if number 3 is true
3. Not if he doesn't cut Cassel
8. Dorsey stays if new coach has a new DC who runs a 4-3

Luke 09-18-2012 09:53 AM

perhaps

These are all plausable predictions.

Pasta Little Brioni 09-18-2012 09:57 AM

Prediction....all return and meltdown ensues.

MahiMike 09-18-2012 09:58 AM

You know your team sucks when...

...off season predictions hit the site after 2 games.

Nightfyre 09-18-2012 06:21 PM

Your scenario seems very plausible.

FloridaMan88 09-18-2012 08:26 PM

I can't see a way Romeo is fired and Fat Scott returns next year.

As a GM you can't go through two coaches in less than a year and keep your job.

Even Clark couldn't justify that.

Mr_Tomahawk 09-18-2012 08:28 PM

I agree with your predictions.

DaWolf 09-18-2012 08:31 PM

I think if this season ends up 5-11 or something like that, and Pioli is retained but must make a coaching change, you will see RAC "retire" rather than fired...

oRYMANo 09-18-2012 09:35 PM

1. Cassel continues his ways and gets benched for Quinn because pioli wil allow this if it saves his job

2. Hillis becomes main starter due to Charles knee problem

3. Chiefs offense continues to struggle daboll is shit canned about the half way point

4. Romeo doesn't improve defense by week 13 or so is also shit canned

5. Pioli being fired will depend on lost revenue compared to the last 2 seasons

oRYMANo 09-18-2012 09:37 PM

But really want to see Romeo do well I like him much more then the last 2 HCs. Need a better offensive coordinator also and no cassel this offense will fly.

tredadda 09-18-2012 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oRYMANo (Post 8926640)
But really want to see Romeo do well I like him much more then the last 2 HCs. Need a better offensive coordinator also and no cassel this offense will fly.

If offense was our only problem I would agree with you. Our defense which Romeo is responsible for is also atrocious.

The Bad Guy 09-18-2012 09:42 PM

I'm ready for Dorsey to walk. Nice player, but you can't pay him a lot.

New World Order 09-18-2012 09:47 PM

We just need 1 regular season game that is blacked out, that will show Clark whats up

oRYMANo 09-18-2012 09:58 PM

I buy into the defensive is shit because the offense is shit theory. It's a fact this defense had played better with cassel gone and Orton at quarterback. Though crenels fats ass needs to jump some players instead of just standing there like "well **** hats off to the other team every game"

pr_capone 09-18-2012 09:59 PM

My draft scenario if Pioli is still the GM next season:

1rd: OL
2rd: DL
3rd: WR
4th: RB
5th: TE
6th: K
7th: QB

lewdog 09-18-2012 10:00 PM

My prediction

SAME STORY, DIFFERENT YEAR. Big shit doesn't change in KC.

lewdog 09-18-2012 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 8926701)
My draft scenario if Pioli is still the GM next season:

1rd: OL
2rd: DL
3rd: WR
4th: RB
5th: TE
6th: K
7th: QB

You are definitely underselling with only 1 DL!!!

Tombstone RJ 09-18-2012 10:03 PM

Is kc still paying Haley? What I'm wondering is will kc fire Crennel and hire a new HC and have to pay 3 coaches?

oRYMANo 09-18-2012 10:04 PM

And **** you Lilja for doing the hokey pokey the last two games.

oRYMANo 09-18-2012 10:08 PM

Saw a mock today said chiefs picking 7th taking Cb Miliner from Alabama. If they take a qb instead it will be Laundry Fuxking Jones. Hes very similar to cassel it's scary really.

Hammock Parties 09-18-2012 10:15 PM

Clark is a ****ing EUNUCH if he allows Pioli to fire another HC without firing himself.

gold_and_red 09-18-2012 11:38 PM

I think the D plays just well enough to save Romeo's job. He then hires a DC. If we don't get to the AFCCG next year, Romeo is gone.
Pioli stays and drafts a 1st round QB, but given the insane pressure to win now, Pioli gets a veteran QB while the rookie is groomed to start in year 2. Cassel is cut after a terrible 2012 season.
Like someone argued, I don't see Clark paying 3 coaches and also pay Pioli 5M $ for such hiring brilliance. Something's gotta give.

pr_capone 09-18-2012 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold_and_red (Post 8926855)
I think the D plays just well enough to save Romeo's job. He then hires a DC. If we don't get to the AFCCG next year, Romeo is gone.
Pioli stays and drafts a 1st round QB, but given the insane pressure to win now, Pioli gets a veteran QB while the rookie is groomed to start in year 2. Cassel is cut after a terrible 2012 season.
Like someone argued, I don't see Clark paying 3 coaches and also pay Pioli 5M $ for such hiring brilliance. Something's gotta give.

The Chiefs will be lucky to make .500, much less the AFC ANYTHING game.

gold_and_red 09-18-2012 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 8926861)
The Chiefs will be lucky to make .500, much less the AFC ANYTHING game.

.500 this year. Romeo will be retained for next year under super high expectations. Meanwhile Pioli lays all the groundwork to save his job after 2013 and that includes buying time with a 1st rd QB next April.
Clark preaches stability all the time, unless Pioli sleeps with Mrs Clark, I don't think for a second that Pioli and Romeo will be gone after this season.

Hammock Parties 09-18-2012 11:58 PM

lol, Pioli won't draft a QB.

New World Order 09-19-2012 12:02 AM

You guys are out of your minds if you think this team is going .500. We finally play a legit schedule for Christ's sake. There is no Curtis Painter, Kyle Boller, or Donovan Mcnabb this year.

Buffalo was probably our easiest game this season with the exception of Cleveland, and we got smacked around.

gold_and_red 09-19-2012 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 8926888)
You guys are out of your minds if you think this team is going .500. We finally play a legit schedule for Christ's sake. There is no Curtis Painter, Kyle Boller, or Donovan Mcnabb this year.

Buffalo was probably our easiest game this year with the exception of Cleveland, and we got smacked around.

I think the D steps up slowly but surely and accounts for 6 wins by itself. My gut says this season is going to be eerily similar to the previous one! I am just hoping that the O's incompetence gets Cassel out of here.

New World Order 09-19-2012 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold_and_red (Post 8926894)
I think the D steps up slowly but surely and accounts for 6 wins by itself. My gut says this season is going to be eerily similar to the previous one! I am just hoping that the O's incompetence gets Cassel out of here.

Who are we going to beat?

Cleveland, Cincy, Oakland, San Diego seem to be the only possible wins.

pr_capone 09-19-2012 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold_and_red (Post 8926894)

Ladies and Gentlemen. Scott Pioli posts on CP.

gold_and_red 09-19-2012 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 8926902)
Ladies and Gentlemen. Scott Pioli posts on CP.

Right! Like Pioli would want Cassel out of here...

gold_and_red 09-19-2012 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 8926901)

steal one against forehead perhaps, Indy is a possibility, both Raider games..there you go, 6 is not as daunting as it seems.
Don't confuse my optimism with my priorities. Cassel must go even if we win the division.

New World Order 09-19-2012 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold_and_red (Post 8926914)
steal one against forehead perhaps, Indy is a possibility, both Raider games..there you go, 6 is not as daunting as it seems.
Don't confuse my optimism with my priorities. Cassel must go even if we win the division.

Well I don't think we win at Cleveland.

I wouldn't call wanting to win 6 games "optimism" I would call that foolishness

gold_and_red 09-19-2012 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 8926915)
Well I don't think we win at Cleveland.

I wouldn't call wanting to win 6 games "optimism" I would call that foolishness

Lets wait and watch. Currently this team is a strong candidate to finish 2-14. 6 wins is optimism in my book.

New World Order 09-19-2012 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold_and_red (Post 8926919)
Lets wait and watch. Currently this team is a strong candidate to finish 2-14. 6 wins is optimism in my book.

6 wins would put us out of the 1-4 slot come draft time (Not that we would draft someone great if Pioli were in command anyway)

gold_and_red 09-19-2012 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 8926921)
6 wins would put us out of the 1-4 slot come draft time (Not that we would draft someone great if Pioli were in command anyway)

Isn't sucking hard but just not hard enough the Chiefs way?

New World Order 09-19-2012 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold_and_red (Post 8926929)
Isn't sucking hard but just not hard enough the Chiefs way?

Usually. We just need to do our part and cheer for them to lose every week.

NJChiefsFan 09-19-2012 01:53 AM

I agree except I see them trying to spin it as Romeo stepping down, not sure about #4, and Bowe gets tagged.

acesn8s 09-19-2012 03:47 AM

The Chiefs finish the year with 7 wins. Cassel has huge numbers due to garbage time stats. Bowe benefits as well due to garbage time stats and gets a big payday. Pioli says "See? I told you Cssel is the right guy." after Cassel puts up 4000 yards and 30 TDs, thus giving Cassel an extension. Romeo will be given another year because he was over whelmed as DC and HC. A new DC will be hired from the Belichick coaching tree, most likely Al Groh.

Or, Romeo and the rest of the coaching staff is fired to bring in Rob Ryan.

tredadda 09-19-2012 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 8926901)

Indy and Cleveland

oRYMANo 09-19-2012 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acesn8s (Post 8926982)
The Chiefs finish the year with 7 wins. Cassel has huge numbers due to garbage time stats. Bowe benefits as well due to garbage time stats and gets a big payday. Pioli says "See? I told you Cssel is the right guy." after Cassel puts up 4000 yards and 30 TDs, thus giving Cassel an extension. Romeo will be given another year because he was over whelmed as DC and HC. A new DC will be hired from the Belichick coaching tree, most likely Al Groh.

Or, Romeo and the rest of the coaching staff is fired to bring in Rob Ryan.

Don't forget cassel makes the pro-bowl

O.city 09-19-2012 07:14 PM

If we get rid of Romeo, get a non tree coaching staff and a first round QB I'll be excited. Add in a Bowe resign, I'lll be ecstatic.

whoman69 09-19-2012 07:42 PM

Dorsey will never be a great 4-3 DE. They have to rush the passer.

notorious 09-19-2012 07:44 PM

Brady gets injured and we end up trading two 1st round (one in the top 4) picks for him.

tredadda 09-19-2012 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 8928958)
Brady gets injured and we end up trading two 1st round (one in the top 4) picks for him.

That scares me because I could see this team doing it.

Dayze 09-19-2012 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 8928958)

Your words are hurtful

notorious 09-19-2012 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 8929361)
Your words are hurtful

Feel my pain.

007 09-20-2012 01:20 AM

I just can't wait to see all the moaning when none of the three are shit canned for next season.

acesn8s 09-20-2012 05:14 AM

I may have misspoken. I originally said the new DC would be from the Belichick coaching tree. The new DC may be accurately described as from the Parcells coaching tree with Belichick ties.