ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Interesting - article on cassel's body language (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263987)

chiefzilla1501 09-20-2012 03:30 PM

Interesting - article on cassel's body language

http://www.foxsportsmidwest.com/09/2...9&feedID=10620

Pretty much sums up everything a lot us have been saying about how the guy is a terrible leader when faced with adversity.

L.A. Chieffan 09-20-2012 03:35 PM

I'd be pretty pissed too when my line misses all their blocking assignments and my receivers drop all their balls.

htismaqe 09-20-2012 03:35 PM

Wow. Haven't seen Keeler's name come up since he left Des Moines last year. Bright guy, good article.

gblowfish 09-20-2012 03:37 PM

I don't know about Cassel, but Todd Haley sure understood the impact of non-verbal communication.

BoneKrusher 09-20-2012 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A.Chieffan (Post 8931049)
I'd be pretty pissed too when my line misses all their blocking assignments and my receivers drop all their balls.

maybe they were sending Matt a message and he didn't get the hint?

The Franchise 09-20-2012 03:38 PM

Cassel has to know that this is his last year to prove anything.....and he's shitting it down his leg.

Tribal Warfare 09-20-2012 03:43 PM

I've always said that Cassel is a little bitch.

Thig Lyfe 09-20-2012 03:44 PM

What is it with FOX and body language experts?

Bowser 09-20-2012 03:48 PM

Where's that gif of Cassel sitting on the bench, looking like someone just kicked his dog?

CoMoChief 09-20-2012 03:50 PM

really ****ing pisses me off when people don't post the entire articles in the OP.

Bump 09-20-2012 03:52 PM

he's not a leader. Who in the locker room really respects him? Sure they will say it in front of the camera because they have to. But you know that nobody respects him, how could they?

BigMeatballDave 09-20-2012 03:53 PM

Can you read my body language, Matt?
http://th29.photobucket.com/albums/c...dle_finger.jpg

BigMeatballDave 09-20-2012 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 8931077)
really ****ing pisses me off when people don't post the entire articles in the OP.

That is what the link is for...

Discuss Thrower 09-20-2012 03:54 PM

Quote:

I agree. It's too much of a burden to flinch a handful of muscles to move the cursor and double click.

listopencil 09-20-2012 03:55 PM

Quote:

That's done out of respect for the person who created the content. If you want to read it, you should go to the site on which he published it.

Setsuna 09-20-2012 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneKrusher (Post 8931052)
maybe they were sending Matt a message and he didn't get the hint?

It's better not to address that fool.

BigMeatballDave 09-20-2012 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 8931074)
Where's that gif of Cassel sitting on the bench, looking like someone just kicked his dog?

Which one?

There are several...

L.A. Chieffan 09-20-2012 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 8931088)
It's better not to address that fool.

Yeah because you don't want me to own you.

bevischief 09-20-2012 03:59 PM

He has a lose anus what else is new.

chiefzilla1501 09-20-2012 04:15 PM

Quote:

I never post full articles. Writers depend on people to click on their website to make money. I'm not going to lecture people who do it, but I myself choose to not do it. I'm not sorry one bit that this has inconvenienced you.

Titty Meat 09-20-2012 04:21 PM

Quote:

Dumbass

MIAdragon 09-20-2012 04:23 PM

Quote:

I know, its super tough to actually click a link!!ONE1!

gblowfish 09-20-2012 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 8931089)
Which one?

There are several...

This one!
http://i47.tinypic.com/2agwal2.gif

htismaqe 09-20-2012 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A.Chieffan (Post 8931090)
Yeah because you don't want me to own you.

ROFL

chiefzilla1501 09-20-2012 04:40 PM

I wish they'd talk through his facial expressions when they're climbing from behind. What frustrates me most is that you don't see a guy like Tom Brady, who jumps out of a huddle when behind with the energy to say "let's do this." Cassel always has that mopey look on his face as of to say "you've got to be ****ing kidding me. This is impossible."

I thought that classic reaction was obvious against Atlanta. I don't think people were pissed about him making stupid mistakes in the second half. Or gong fetal late in the game against Buffalo. It's not like he's making these mistakes because he's pressing. I think most people feel that he makes this mistakes because when the play breaks down, he gets lethargic as if to say "what the ****, you blew the protection again?" you never want to see a guy two touchdowns down who is communicating to his team that he has no confidence in his ability to turn the thing around.

Hammock Parties 09-20-2012 05:06 PM

I have a few GIFs of him looking like a defeated ninny to share tomorrow.

He looked like a beaten man, finally realizing he is ultra suck fail shit pile.

Hammock Parties 09-20-2012 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 8931074)

Best one is from the prayoff game.

(not a typo)

http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/casselsuxravens7.gif

http://i.imgur.com/FMaz8.jpg

CoMoChief 09-20-2012 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 8931109)
I never post full articles. Writers depend on people to click on their website to make money. I'm not going to lecture people who do it, but I myself choose to not do it. I'm not sorry one bit that this has inconvenienced you.

STFU

CoMoChief 09-20-2012 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIAdragon (Post 8931120)
I know, its super tough to actually click a link!!ONE1!

I know especially when you're at work.

BoneKrusher 09-20-2012 05:19 PM

his body language say I Am Vagina here me roar.

bevischief 09-20-2012 05:21 PM

Pass rush = shits his pants. What else do we didn't know?

chiefzilla1501 09-20-2012 05:27 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5t8QnCNPwfs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I hate Tim tebow. But this is a classic video of what cassel is not. Tim tebow won games from behind because he energized his team. I can't remember the last time i saw Matt cassel pump up his teammates, except for when he's over-celebrating a TD.

Hammock Parties 09-20-2012 05:31 PM

Tim Tebow is dumb enough to be completely ignorant of the fact he sucks. He has whiskey dick confidence.

Cassel is a smart guy who lacks confidence in himself because he knows he sucks. Deep down in his gut, no matter what he does...he knows.

petegz28 09-20-2012 05:42 PM

Body language or not, Cassel is only part of the problem this year. That's the sad reality. What did his defense do for him as he went toe-toe with Atlanta for a half?

Cassel is a lot of the problem but I think we have a bigger problem right now and his name is DJ.

bevischief 09-20-2012 05:46 PM

This team is running around like a chicken with it's head cut off.

htismaqe 09-20-2012 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 8931339)
Body language or not, Cassel is only part of the problem this year. That's the sad reality. What did his defense do for him as he went toe-toe with Atlanta for a half?

Cassel is a lot of the problem but I think we have a bigger problem right now and his name is DJ.

Dude, you sound like BlackBob.

And that's not a compliment.

petegz28 09-20-2012 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bevischief (Post 8931349)
This team is running around like a chicken with it's head cut off.

Truthfully I think it's more the defense is running around like a headless chicken. We can talk about Cassel's body language but when a defense can't stop anyone it puts pressure on a offense to score every drive and I think every time they don't score and the other team does the "**** it, it's over" attitude starts to set it rather quickly.

petegz28 09-20-2012 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8931352)
Dude, you sound like BlackBob.

And that's not a compliment.

Dude, DJ was directly responsible for at least 2 TD's sunday if not 3. He is constantly taking himself out of poisition. He is supposed to the QB of the defense and he is stinking it up bad.

Hammock Parties 09-20-2012 05:50 PM

It was 7-0 at the end of the first quarter.

We had two possessions in that quarter and did jack with them.

The offense is as much to blame as the defense for what happened in Buffalo. Neither side did of the ball did jack.

chiefzilla1501 09-20-2012 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 8931283)
I know especially when you're at work.

Oh, I'm sorry. You were at work and couldn't open it. Now I feel bad about it.

petegz28 09-20-2012 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8931360)
It was 7-0 at the end of the first quarter.

We had two possessions in that quarter and did jack with them.

The offense is as much to blame as the defense for what happened in Buffalo. Neither side did of the ball did jack.

I agree the offense did little in Buffalo. I just think the defense did worse.

bevischief 09-20-2012 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 8931355)
Truthfully I think it's more the defense is running around like a headless chicken. We can talk about Cassel's body language but when a defense can't stop anyone it puts pressure on a offense to score every drive and I think every time they don't score and the other team does the "**** it, it's over" attitude starts to set it rather quickly.

Because this team doesn't believe in Cassel if this team get behind.

Hammock Parties 09-20-2012 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 8931367)
I agree the offense did little in Buffalo. I just think the defense did worse.

The defense went out and got a stop to the start the game.

An unforced stop, but a stop none the less.

The offense was just as bad, and Cassel's fumble put the defense in a bad spot, as did his three and outs.

Hammock Parties 09-20-2012 05:57 PM

Hell, the defense got TWO stops in the first half.

Cassel rewarded their efforts by:

Going 3 and out.

Getting one first down and fumbling on the next snap (essentially a 4 and out).

The offense sucked ****ing ass, just as much as the defense.

King_Chief_Fan 09-20-2012 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8931374)

The offense was just as bad, and Cassel's fumble put the defense in a bad spot, as did his three and outs.

If you think the D is better than the O you are confirming how big of an idiot you are

petegz28 09-20-2012 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8931374)

Dude, when a WR has 2 catches for 50+ yards and the same for a TE I don't want to hear about the defense being put in a bad position. There will be games when the offense doesn't click like we would want. I agree the offense looked bad but the defense looked worse.

How many defensive stops were actually because of our defense and not Buffalo hurting themselves? We had 0 sacks. Fitz ran for a ton of yards. CJ went career day on us.

DJ conveniently ran out of his assigned spot so a WR could catch a ball in the exact spot he vacated and ran for 40+ and a TD.

petegz28 09-20-2012 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8931376)
Hell, the defense got TWO stops in the first half.

Cassel rewarded their efforts by:

Going 3 and out.

Getting one first down and fumbling on the next snap (essentially a 4 and out).

The offense sucked ****ing ass, just as much as the defense.

Nope. The offense sucked ass. The defense sucked ass and balls.

bevischief 09-20-2012 06:02 PM

Both sides suck the penis at this point under this leadership.

petegz28 09-20-2012 06:05 PM

The reason I say the defense is worse than the offense is the defense has done absolutely nothing to keep us in games. Every team has a game when the offense doesn't start off fast and the defense has to hold the line for a bit. Ours isn't\can't\won't.

You can say the offense blew it against Atlanta but seriously, they were going to have to score a TD every drive to win that.

You can say the offense blew it against Buffalo and they did moreso than Atlanta. A fumble on the goalline is never good. But again, the defense wasn't going to keep us in that game.

Hammock Parties 09-20-2012 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 8931385)
Nope. The offense sucked ass. The defense sucked ass and balls.

The offense did NOTHING good in the first half. NOTHING.

The defense got two stops.

chiefzilla1501 09-20-2012 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 8931339)

The problem is, it's not like this just started happening this year.

How many games did we get blown out vs. how many games did Cassel take the team from a 2-3 TD deficit and climb the team back?

This team gets blown out. A lot. In the past, we've blamed coaching for not motivating the team. Never did we question whether a better QB would have turned some of those deficits into a comeback or a shootout.

Hammock Parties 09-20-2012 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 8931405)

How many games did we get blown out vs. how many games did Cassel take the team from a 2-3 TD deficit and climb the team back?

This team gets blown out. A lot. In the past, we've blamed coaching for not motivating the team. Never did we question whether a better QB would have turned some of those deficits into a comeback or a shootout.

At this point Cassel is the only common denominator in all these blow outs.

Haley cackles and rolls a blunt.

petegz28 09-20-2012 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8931402)
The offense did NOTHING good in the first half. NOTHING.

The defense got two stops.

Buffalo's 2nd drive of the game they went 84 yards for a TD.

Buffalo's 3rd drive they went 63 yards for a TD

Buffalo's 4th drive they went 43 yards for a TD

Yes, the offense wasn't doing good but you can't give up 21 points in a half in any situation.

Black Bob 09-20-2012 06:11 PM

Anyone hear about Finley's agent basically saying the Packer's players don't think of Rodgers as a good leader this week? I've talked about it before. He really struggles when he is down in the 4th quarter just like Cassel. I don't think he'll ever win another Superbowl. I think it's just about impossible to go through the playoffs twice without trailing in a game....

Anyway, Cassel is just like him in this respect. He has to play from ahead or we are in big trouble. Just like Green Bay.

petegz28 09-20-2012 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 8931405)

Hey I am not saying Cassel is the answer. I am saying that when your defense is giving up 20+ a half that there aren't many QB's in the league that are going to keep pace.

petegz28 09-20-2012 06:13 PM

I don't care who your QB is...if your defense can't stop anyone you aren't going to win many games. You certainly are never going to come from behind if your defense can't hold the line.

notorious 09-20-2012 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thig Lyfe (Post 8931066)
What is it with FOX and body language experts?

Body langauge is VERY important, and I find it interesting.

If you have ever held a position of leadership, been an instructor or teacher, or been in sales, knowing body language will multiply your effectiveness x10.

chiefzilla1501 09-20-2012 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackBob (Post 8931415)
Anyone hear about Finley's agent basically saying the Packer's players don't think of Rodgers as a good leader this week? I've talked about it before. He really struggles when he is down in the 4th quarter just like Cassel. I don't think he'll ever win another Superbowl. I think it's just about impossible to go through the playoffs twice without trailing in a game....

Anyway, Cassel is just like him in this respect. He has to play from ahead or we are in big trouble. Just like Green Bay.

Look, you pointed out that Rodgers has little history of 4th quarter comebacks. That's a great point to make.

But to compare the two is absolute nonsense. Aaron Rodgers can absolutely carry a team from behind. He's just not the kind of closer Brady or Brees are. I can buy that theory. But when Rodgers is behind by 9 - 16 points, in 2011, his QB rating was 106.1. When he was down by 1 - 8 points, his QB rating was 128.1. And he averages pretty much over 7 points in 4th quarters where his team is trailing by more than a touchdown (meanwhile, his defense gave up 10+ points in those late 4th quarter moments).

There's a big difference between a guy who isn't absolute nails in the 4th quarter and one who has shown to be completely incompetent any time the team trails by more than a TD.

Hammock Parties 09-20-2012 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 8931422)
I don't care who your QB is...if your defense can't stop anyone you aren't going to win many games. You certainly are never going to come from behind if your defense can't hold the line.

And I don't care who is on your defense.

If your QB keeps going three and out and doing shit on offense, eventually they will cave.

The defense caved on their second possession, but that doesn't excuse the offense from being utter shit.

They were just as bad.

Hammock Parties 09-20-2012 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 8931413)
Buffalo's 2nd drive of the game they went 84 yards for a TD.

Buffalo's 3rd drive they went 63 yards for a TD

Buffalo's 4th drive they went 43 yards for a TD

Yes, the offense wasn't doing good but you can't give up 21 points in a half in any situation.

If the offense puts together a drive, or OMG MAYBE EVEN TWO, maybe the defense DOESN'T give up a score.

IT HAS HAPPENED BEFORE.

Sorter 09-20-2012 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8931451)
If the offense puts together a drive, or OMG MAYBE EVEN TWO, maybe the defense DOESN'T give up a score.

IT HAS HAPPENED BEFORE.

Yeah, people just don't want to hear that because it's, you know, logical.

It's funny, you think that them watching how much our defense improved as soon as Cassel was off the field last year, even with Palko, they would have realized how detrimental 3 & out after 3 & out is not only physically, but also in terms of morale to any defense.

petegz28 09-20-2012 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8931451)

IT HAS HAPPENED BEFORE.

Dude, though we went 3 and out on our 2nd drive, which was the 1st time we went 3 and out, we pinned Buffalo on the 16. That put our defense in a great position. The defense proceded to let Buffalo go for 84 yards and a TD.

A good defense doesn't allow that.

1-10-BUF 16 (7:53) 28-C.Spiller up the middle to BUF 21 for 5 yards (56-D.Johnson, 94-Ty.Jackson).
2-5-BUF 21 (7:16) Wildcat formation, direct snap to B.Smith (R.Fitzpatrick at WR). (Shotgun) 28-C.Spiller right end to BUF 28 for 7 yards (21-J.Arenas).
1-10-BUF 28 (6:46) 28-C.Spiller right guard to BUF 28 for no gain (50-J.Houston).
2-10-BUF 28 (6:06) (Shotgun) 14-R.Fitzpatrick pass short middle to 28-C.Spiller to BUF 47 for 19 yards (27-A.Elam). Caught at BUF 30, crossing from right.
1-10-BUF 47 (5:21) 20-T.Choice up the middle to KC 45 for 8 yards (56-D.Johnson, 34-T.Daniels).
2-2-KC 45 (4:41) 20-T.Choice right guard to KC 43 for 2 yards (91-T.Hali; 56-D.Johnson).
1-10-KC 43 (4:41) Wildcat formation, (R.Fitzpatrick at WR). Direct snap to 16-B.Smith. 16-B.Smith left guard to KC 45 for -2 yards (56-D.Johnson, 50-J.Houston). PENALTY on BUF-67-A.Levitre, Offensive Holding, 10 yards, enforced at KC 43 - No Play.
1-20-BUF 47 (3:26) 14-R.Fitzpatrick pass deep right to 16-B.Smith ran ob at KC 37 for 16 yards. Caught along sideline at KC 37.
2-4-KC 37 (3:04) (Shotgun) 14-R.Fitzpatrick pass incomplete short right to 84-S.Chandler [50-J.Houston]. Dropped by receiver at KC 37. Thrown under pressure.
3-4-KC 37 (2:58) (Shotgun) 14-R.Fitzpatrick scrambles right tackle to KC 17 for 20 yards (24-B.Flowers).
1-10-KC 17 (2:12) 14-R.Fitzpatrick pass incomplete short right to 13-St.Johnson. Dropped in flat at KC 8.
2-10-KC 17 (2:07) (Shotgun) 28-C.Spiller left guard for 17 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

htismaqe 09-20-2012 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 8931357)
Dude, DJ was directly responsible for at least 2 TD's sunday if not 3. He is constantly taking himself out of poisition. He is supposed to the QB of the defense and he is stinking it up bad.

Maybe he's been studying Cassel.

htismaqe 09-20-2012 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 8931417)
Hey I am not saying Cassel is the answer. I am saying that when your defense is giving up 20+ a half that there aren't many QB's in the league that are going to keep pace.

How many times in the past 3+ years has the defense allowed 20+ in a half?

By comparison, how many times has the offense failed to score a TD in a half?

You want to harp on the 1 in 20 occurrence instead of the 19 in 20 occurence.

petegz28 09-20-2012 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8931483)

If it were only 1-20. This year it is 2-2. And in one of those our offense scored several times in the 1st half.

chiefzilla1501 09-20-2012 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8931483)

Here are the games where the offense trailed by more than 14 points at any point in the first half. Folks, 7 games, 6 blowouts. Only one of those games did we put up any hint of offensive production.

I'm not even talking about just losing games. I'm talking about the offense actually not completely rolling over and dying with miserable production in the first half.

Buffalo - KC scores 0 first half points

Miami - 3 first half points
Indy - 14 first half points (this is the exception, folks)
Detroit - 3 points (all in 1st quarter)
Buffalo - 7 points (all late in 2nd quarter)

Oakland - 3 points (all in 1st quarter before the blowout)
Denver - 10 points (all when game was 21+ points out of reach)

suzzer99 09-20-2012 07:07 PM

2 years ago one of the good things you could say about Cassel was that he had a good attitude and at least had the team behind him. That seems to have completely disappeared.

I'm not sure what happened - but I blame most of you for booing him at the softball game.

petegz28 09-20-2012 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzzer99 (Post 8931594)
2 years ago one of the good things you could say about Cassel was that he had a good attitude and at least had the team behind him. That seems to have completely disappeared.

I'm not sure what happened - but I blame most of you for booing him at the softball game.

I think he knows this town is done with him and he is trying to put the best face on that he can. I think the team knows this town is done with him and are doing their best to deal with it.

FAX 09-20-2012 07:15 PM

To be perfectly fair, it is honestly very difficult to impress and lead men when your body language says, "Watch me run and leap and fly through the air and land on my ass!!!"

FAX

Coogs 09-20-2012 07:33 PM

This defense sucked ass last year with Cassel as the QB. This defense kicked ass last year with Kyle Orton as QB. This defense (with Eric Berry) sucks ass this year with Cassel as QB. :hmmm:

BossChief 09-20-2012 07:39 PM

He knows that game 6 is approaching quickly.

Black Bob 09-20-2012 08:10 PM

The bottom line is who cares about his body language?

He is our best chance to win.

If you bench him too soon, the players won't understand and it will set a dangerous precident.

Talking about Cassel is pointless. He's the QB for this year and maybe next year.

htismaqe 09-20-2012 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackBob (Post 8931780)
The bottom line is who cares about his body language?

He is our best chance to win.

If you bench him too soon, the players won't understand and it will set a dangerous precident.

Talking about Cassel is pointless. He's the QB for this year and maybe next year.

ROFL

The players won't understand?

You've got to be like 14.

Or a complete ****ing moron.

FAX 09-20-2012 09:00 PM

Yep. Bench Cassel and the players will be utterly befuddled and stand around scratching their heads in slack-jawed wonderment before they begin stumbling blindly about the facility and staring blankly into space.

FAX

Black Bob 09-20-2012 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 8931992)
Yep. Bench Cassel and the players will be utterly befuddled and stand around scratching their heads in slack-jawed wonderment before they begin stumbling blindly about the facility and staring blankly into space.

FAX

I think they would If they care about winning. I hope they care about winning. If they don't why do we watch? Why do we care?

Quinn has been worse than Cassel throughout his career. Stanzi can't even get activated. Yeah, everyone hates Cassel but, no one wants to accept the reality of the situation.

If you asked any coach in the league about what I am saying, I am confident they would tell you the same thing.

FAX 09-20-2012 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackBob (Post 8932065)
I think they would If they care about winning. I hope they care about winning. If they don't why do we watch? Why do we care?

Quinn has been worse than Cassel throughout his career. Stanzi can't even get activated. Yeah, everyone hates Cassel but, no one wants to accept the reality of the situation.

If you asked any coach in the league about what I am saying, I am confident they would tell you the same thing.

That, Mr. BlackBob, is a good question.

FAX

Black Bob 09-20-2012 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 8932072)
That, Mr. BlackBob, is a good question.

FAX

Thanks. I think their (the rest of the offense) body language is more important than Cassel's.

I remember watching LJ's last few games. No one was helping up off the ground. The writing was on the wall.

Right now, I still see the players responding to Cassel. As long as that happens, he's going to play and RAC won't take him out.

Unless we go 0-4 but, I doubt it even then.

These first two losses had little to do with him.

Brock 09-20-2012 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackBob (Post 8931780)

Are they reeruned? Mounting losses result in players getting benched and coaches being fired. It's true, and it's always been true.

FAX 09-20-2012 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackBob (Post 8932156)
Thanks. I think their (the rest of the offense) body language is more important than Cassel's.

I remember watching LJ's last few games. No one was helping up off the ground. The writing was on the wall.

Right now, I still see the players responding to Cassel. As long as that happens, he's going to play and RAC won't take him out.

Ummm ...

I don't know about that. Football is a team game ... at least, it used to be.

More and more, however, the game revolves around the QB. He makes the offense work (or not) and good ones keep the defense either on the sideline and resting or playing with a lead.

Our guy isn't helping much. In fact, the argument can be made that he is hurting us both directly and indirectly. He had a good half against Atlanta, but 1/2 of a game does not a winner make.

On top of that, he is a doofus. Doofi do not win Super Bowls.

FAX

chiefzilla1501 09-20-2012 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackBob (Post 8932156)

The first loss was not on Cassel.
The second loss, you cannot lay a goose egg until the last minute of the first half and then blame your defense for losing.

Your defense of Cassel is unbelievable. There is one game in his ENTIRE Chiefs career where he has shown the ability to build his team up from way behind. That game was against the Colts, a team that won only 1 game last year.

If his teammates had any faith in him, they wouldn't have the consistent track record of giving up every time they were behind. It doesn't help when your QB is openly pouting and moping on the sideline any time the team falls behind.