ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News Ride the KC Metro: Sucker Punch the Bus Driver! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264675)

gblowfish 10-05-2012 08:36 AM

Ride the KC Metro: Sucker Punch the Bus Driver!

Get on, don't pay, sucker punch the bus driver on the way out. Hey, was that Carlton Gray's kid????

This happened last Monday.

Story is here:

Surveillance video from a Kansas City Metro bus captured a shocking incident on Oct. 1, in which a young man appears to sucker punch a driver for no apparent reason.

Police in Missouri are now searching for the suspect and are urging anyone with information to contact them.

The Huffington Post spoke with Captain Steve Young of the Kansas City Police Department, who said that the suspect, who looks to be in his late teens, appears to have entered the bus without paying his fare. Upon exiting, the young man punches the bus driver, seriously injuring him.
According to the descriptions of the videos, which were posted to the KCPD's YouTube channel, the man was "knocked unconscious." Toward the end of the video, the disoriented driver can be seen slowly driving the bus into a barricade.

Young called the blow a "cheap shot" but said the department has received a large number of tips and is optimistic that the suspect will be found.

Bus drivers have been assaulted by young people before. In August, a New York teen was filmed punching a bus driver in the Bronx. In New York, it is a felony to assault a Metropolitan Transit Authority employee -- an offense punishable with up to seven years in prison.

The Video:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kIUnPXcD2KY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

KCUnited 10-05-2012 08:38 AM

The Metro, The Metro, we're on this ride together...

seclark 10-05-2012 08:40 AM

chickenshit.
sec

crazycoffey 10-05-2012 08:41 AM

no, I said I need to punch your ticket.

Phobia 10-05-2012 08:46 AM

Extermination is probably best here. It's just a matter of time.

kcxiv 10-05-2012 08:48 AM

That's ****ed up. Even when I was a kid thugging it up there is no way I would ever hit a harmless old man. That right there is bitch made shit.

gblowfish 10-05-2012 08:49 AM

Here's a picture of the little bitch. I hope they find this little prick and make him suffer.
http://i49.tinypic.com/ie34p2.jpg

Deberg_1990 10-05-2012 08:52 AM

Well, maybe the bus driver was just doing a crappy job and this young man wanted to give his feedback.

gblowfish 10-05-2012 08:52 AM

Follow up on the story in the KC Star from Wednesday:

KC bus driver sucker-punched on video; police seek suspect

Kansas City police are seeking the public’s help to identify a man who punched a city bus driver in the face Monday after the driver ordered him and his friends off the bus.

The assailant and his friends did not pay their fares, police said.

The punch nearly knocked the 54-year-old driver unconscious while he was behind the wheel of the bus carrying passengers, said Detective Nicholas Sola.

The blow clearly left the driver confused, police said. Video of the slugging appears to support the observation. The driver sits stunned after the punch, then repeatedly touches his face and reaches into the air.

“It seems as if he doesn’t know where he is,” Sola said. “It’s really heartbreaking to watch.”

The driver tried to continue on his route after the assault. The bus rolled forward and knocked over some orange cones before riders convinced the driver to stop the bus, police said.

The assault occurred about 9 p.m. at 39th Street and Indiana Avenue. Sola said the attacker and his friends boarded the bus, one by one, with each passenger saying the next person would “pick up” the fare. But the final passenger didn’t have enough cash for everyone. That’s when the driver told them to exit the bus.

Anyone with information should call the Tips Hotline at 816-474-TIPS(8477.) A reward is available for anonymous information.

DaFace 10-05-2012 08:53 AM

That's ****ed up. I understand acting out, but why punch a random stranger? And an old man to boot.

crazycoffey 10-05-2012 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8978759)
Well, maybe the bus driver was just doing a crappy job and this young man just wanted to give his feedback.

then he should give to charity. a sucker punch is like banner flying bad.

kcpasco 10-05-2012 08:54 AM

That video is really sad

I hope someone finds that little punk and beats him to a pulp.

seclark 10-05-2012 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 8978756)
Here's a picture of the little bitch. I hope they find this little prick and make him suffer.
http://i49.tinypic.com/ie34p2.jpg

too bad he didn't try that shit w/this old man.

SuperChief 10-05-2012 08:57 AM

That shit pisses me off. Sucker punching an old man??? Why?

Bane 10-05-2012 08:58 AM

Pussy ass bitch. To be expected tho.

Bane 10-05-2012 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperChief (Post 8978770)

You know why.Just be honest.

**** dat punk ass white mother****er...Watch dis shit homey!

suds79 10-05-2012 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperChief (Post 8978770)

Why do a lot of young males do the stupid shit they do?

That's about as big of a chickens$#t move as it gets. Hope they catch him.

seclark 10-05-2012 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 8978780)
Why do a lot of young males do the stupid shit they do?

That's about as big of a chickens$#t move as it gets. Hope they catch him.

i hope some of the "bad" cops catch the ****er.
sec

crazycoffey 10-05-2012 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seclark (Post 8978786)
i hope some of the "bad" cops catch the ****er.
sec

challenge accepted!!

qabbaan 10-05-2012 09:32 AM

And they wonder why normal people are afraid to ride the bus.

TEX 10-05-2012 09:42 AM

Haven't seen this on the national news. Bet I would have though had the bus driver been black and the kid white. It's a shame regardless. What a PUNK!

Richard_Cuckold 10-05-2012 10:25 AM

****in pisses me off.

Before I even watched the video, I knew it was gonna be a black kid. I hope he is caught and raped repeatedly in prison

blaise 10-05-2012 10:28 AM

That kid needs to get his ass beaten.

mikey23545 10-05-2012 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 8978762)
That's ****ed up. I understand acting out, but why punch a random stranger? And an old man to boot.

You understand acting out?!??! What the **** does that even mean?

I hope some vigilante justice gets served up on that punk.

gblowfish 10-05-2012 10:33 AM

Hey tourists: Good News! The new KC Street Car will be free...so this guy and his buddies will be able to ride for free, and they'll only punch you in the face if you piss them off for whatever reason, you know, like, your age, or the color of your skin for example....

I'm sure the Chamber of Commerce will have a nice PR piece out on this soon!

Story from KC Business Journal:
http://tinyurl.com/9nxq9bn

Rides on the streetcar line planned for downtown Kansas City will be free.

The Kansas City Streetcar Authority on Wednesday voted unanimously not to charge a fare for the 2-mile route, which would operate on Main Street between the River Market and Union Station.

Downtown voters are in the middle of a mail-in election to approve a slate of special property taxes and a 1-cent sales tax along the route to pay for the project.

Tom Trabon, the authority’s chairman, said the group’s primary concern is building interest in the service, currently expected to begin running in 2015.

“We think a fare will drive away ridership,” Trabon said. “We want to encourage people to ride this thing.”

He said the fare question is “open-ended” and could change depending on the streetcar’s financial performance. Trabon added that streetcar systems in other cities, such as Portland, Ore., have kept their service lines in the central city free and charged fares for extensions into surrounding neighborhoods, a model the authority could review in the future.

“For me, success is the most important thing, and success is ridership,” he said.

Planners had included estimates of as much as $529,000 in ridership fares in their projected $10.4 million annual operating and debt-service budget for the system.

But city staff members told the authority that their estimates also included between $250,000 and $300,000 in costs for ticket boxes at streetcar stops — where passengers could buy tickets on the honor system — and for employing “inspectors” to ride the streetcars and make sure passengers had paid their fares.

gblowfish 10-05-2012 10:36 AM

Hey the KC Metro is looking for part time drivers!
Qualifications?

1) Must be able to take a punch for $12.64 an hour.

That's about it.

http://www.kcata.org/jobs/bus_operator/

Rasputin 10-05-2012 10:39 AM

There was a lady there at the end didn't even check and see if he was ok. Shame on her.

blaise 10-05-2012 10:42 AM

KC Street Car "We want to encourage people to ride this thing."
Sounds great. Spend a bunch of money on something there doesn't seem to be a demand for.

Iowanian 10-05-2012 10:44 AM

It'll be a damn shame if that douchebag gets shot in the cock in a drive-by

DaFace 10-05-2012 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikey23545 (Post 8979006)
You understand acting out?!??! What the **** does that even mean?

I hope some vigilante justice gets served up on that punk.

LOUD NOISES!!!

But seriously, calm yourself. I only meant that I understand teens wanting to push the limits of what they can get away with by trying to get a free bus ride. Punching a guy in the face is clearly beyond that.

Richard_Cuckold 10-05-2012 10:45 AM

This country has gone to complete shit

KCUnited 10-05-2012 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 8979028)
It'll be a damn shame if that douchebag gets shot in the cock in a drive-by

Life expectancy isn't real vast off 39th and Indiana and is exactly why I don't **** with a bus that isn't being driven by a black woman with a double e cup size or bigger. Those are the most well behaved and on time buses in the city.

suds79 10-05-2012 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard_Harrow (Post 8978986)
****in pisses me off.

Before I even watched the video, I knew it was gonna be a black kid. I hope he is caught and raped repeatedly in prison

Wow seriously? Is this a joke?

Trust me this country has its share of young, stupid losers regardless of color.

blaise 10-05-2012 10:51 AM

You know that kid probably rode that bus all the time. I bet if you just watch the route that bus normally travels you'd see that kid walking.

In58men 10-05-2012 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard_Harrow (Post 8978986)
****in pisses me off.

ROFL

gblowfish 10-05-2012 11:20 AM

39th and Indiana. Don't think many tourists are going to want to make a pilgrimage to Family Dollar or Church's Chicken!
http://i45.tinypic.com/2vjsef5.jpg

Sure-Oz 10-05-2012 11:23 AM

That video is disgusting...

I really hope this kid gets caught. Just seeing the old guy stunned like that. How in the world can you do that to someone. It makes me want to beat that kids brains in honestly.

Bob Dole 10-05-2012 11:51 AM

What a brave young gentleman.

****ing piece of shit.

Cannibal 10-05-2012 11:53 AM

I too was a rowdy youngster. But I never hurt anyone.

That kid needs a serious beatdown. I nominate that old dude from the "ambalamps" video.

Bob Dole 10-05-2012 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 8979020)
There was a lady there at the end didn't even check and see if he was ok. Shame on her.

She was probably bitching at him that she was going to be late and he needed to keep on schedule. He started moving after she went back to her seat.

At least 2 people got off the damned bus after the chicken shit punched the guy and didn't attempt to render aid.

gblowfish 10-05-2012 11:57 AM

I'm sure in the days to come, there'll be some story from Jenee' nee' Osterfart in the KC Star FYI section, saying that little sucker puncher needs midnight basketball. He just ain't raised with enough activities to keep him focused.

ThaVirus 10-05-2012 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard_Harrow (Post 8979036)
This country has gone to complete shit

Yeah! Lets ship all them there ****ras back to Aferca! Amirite guys!?

Bump 10-05-2012 12:27 PM

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/...ebd0o1_500.gif

savchief 10-05-2012 01:30 PM

Stop calling the driver an "old man". Geez, he's only 54. NOT old dammit,and i don't say that because I turn 52 in one month. Now get off my lawn!

ToxSocks 10-05-2012 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 8979107)
That video is disgusting...

I really hope this kid gets caught.

Getting caught won't do anything. There is no justice to be had here. Not from the court of law anyway.

So what if they actually catch him? He'll spend a very short time in County, if that at all, get released and then have "street Cred" with all his other dumb **** homies. He'll come out thinking he's even cooler then he already thinks he is.

DaneMcCloud 10-05-2012 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qabbaan (Post 8978868)
And they wonder why normal people are afraid to ride the bus.

Normal? What the **** does that mean?

I rode the Los Angeles Metro five days a week for nearly two years. It was dirt cheap (like $30 a month and straight shot down Santa Monica Blvd.) and I never saw a single incidence of violence.

If you're "afraid" to take public transportation, whether it's the Metro or the Subway, that says more about you than the system.

Bwana 10-05-2012 01:54 PM

What a douche. With any luck, he'll be on the wrong end of a drive by.

Bob Dole 10-05-2012 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 8979189)
I'm sure in the days to come, there'll be some story from Jenee' nee' Osterfart in the KC Star FYI section, saying that little sucker puncher needs midnight basketball. He just ain't raised with enough activities to keep him focused.

Sha'arinica Campbell thinks he is simply acting out because he knows he won't be able to get an education and a good job.

ThaVirus 10-05-2012 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8979468)

I rode the Los Angeles Metro five days a week for nearly two years. It was dirt cheap (like $30 a month and straight shot down Santa Monica Blvd.) and I never saw a single incidence of violence.

If you're "afraid" to take public transportation, whether it's the Metro or the Subway, that says more about you than the system.

Pretty much this. That's just a completely ignorant way of thinking.

Generally speaking, there's no difference between those that ride the city bus and those that don't. Just a bunch of people trying to get where they're going.

Bump 10-05-2012 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8979468)

riding the T in Boston at night is never a good feeling. Even had an encounter once, I knew these guys were scoping me out and as soon as that door open I bolted out and when I got to a corner, I looked back and they were looking for me.

It doesn't say anything about anybody if they don't feel safe riding on public transportation, because it's not always safe.

Titty Meat 10-05-2012 02:51 PM

What a ****ing douche. I wish a few people armed with glocks would go Dog The Bounty Hunter and find that piece of shit.

DaneMcCloud 10-05-2012 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8979590)
riding the T in Boston at night is never a good feeling.

I've never been to Boston. Is that a bad part of town or just overall?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8979590)
It doesn't say anything about anybody if they don't feel safe riding on public transportation, because it's not always safe.

It may not always be safe, sure. But I imagine that's due to the neighborhood and not so much to do with public transportation as a whole.

R8RFAN 10-05-2012 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 8979598)
What a ****ing douche. I wish a few people armed with glocks would go Dog The Bounty Hunter and find that piece of shit.

Dog can't have a gun he is a felon

suds79 10-05-2012 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 8979583)

Generally speaking, there's no difference between those that ride the city bus and those that don't. Just a bunch of people trying to get where they're going.

Ehhhh I'm going to have to disagree with you on this one. That's like saying Walmart is just a bunch of people trying to buy groceries. No it's different.

I ride the bus from time to time and I can tell you it's just a different clientele that's fore sure.

You're talking about typically poor or lets just say interesting people on there.

Bump 10-05-2012 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8979615)
I've never been to Boston. Is that a bad part of town or just overall?

It may not always be safe, sure. But I imagine that's due to the neighborhood and not so much to do with public transportation as a whole.

yes it was in the shitty part of town. I live in a nice burb but I have to go through the shit holes to get to the city with the way the T operates. I hardly ever take it though as I rarely go downtown.

DaneMcCloud 10-05-2012 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8979680)
yes it was in the shitty part of town. I live in a nice burb but I have to go through the shit holes to get to the city with the way the T operates. I hardly ever take it though as I rarely go downtown.

Ah, that sucks. The subway in LA is freakin' awesome. It'll drop me off at Staples and LA Live in a about 15 minutes and soon, the new NFL stadium. We've gone to DTLA to party taking the subway and for that, it's ultra cool (i.e., no drinking and driving).

I haven't taken the bus since about 1998 but it was nice and convenient. And for at least 7 years or so, the entire fleet is natural gas, which is awesome as compared to diesel fumes.

ToxSocks 10-05-2012 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 8979658)
Ehhhh I'm going to have to disagree with you on this one. That's like saying Walmart is just a bunch of people trying to buy groceries. No it's different.

I ride the bus from time to time and I can tell you it's just a different clientele that's fore sure.

You're talking about typically poor or lets just say interesting people on there.

This.

Not sure about other cities, but San Diego's public transportation is full of rejects. Sure, there's plenty of working professionals, students and "Normal" people, but imma guess it's a 3:1 Ratio favoring Crackheads, Alcoholics, bums and wanna be thugs, like that PoS kid in the OP.

Almost everyday i rode the trolley, i came home with a story to tell, anywhere from people getting their Ipods stolen to bitches trying to reach into my pockets while walking down the aisle.

mikey23545 10-05-2012 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 8979716)
This.

Not sure about other cities, but San Diego's public transportation is full of rejects. Sure, there's plenty of working professionals, students and "Normal" people, but imma guess it's a 3:1 Ratio favoring Crackheads, Alcoholics, bums and wanna be thugs, like that PoS kid in the OP.

Almost everyday i rode the trolley, i came home with a story to tell, anywhere from people getting their Ipods stolen to bitches trying to reach into my pockets while walking down the aisle.

Riding the bus down Rodeo Drive is perfectly safe.

You're just stereotyping.

DaneMcCloud 10-05-2012 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikey23545 (Post 8979728)
Riding the bus down Rodeo Drive is perfectly safe.

You're just stereotyping.

Actually, the Metro doesn't head North-South in that section of Beverly Hills, just East-West. You'd have to take either the Santa Monica Blvd or Wilshire line and stop at Beverly or so. All of those streets (Rodeo, Canon, Beverly, etc.) are really short, probably not even half a mile long.

Spott 10-05-2012 05:13 PM

If those were all white kids and the driver was black, they would have found him by now and charged him with a hate crime.

stonedstooge 10-05-2012 05:22 PM

If I had a son, he would look like... oh wait

gblowfish 10-05-2012 07:40 PM

Fox 4 says the cops have made an arrest:
http://fox4kc.com/2012/10/05/police-...ed-bus-driver/

Bwana 10-05-2012 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 8980538)
Fox 4 says the cops have made an arrest:
http://fox4kc.com/2012/10/05/police-...ed-bus-driver/

Nice :thumb:

Otter 10-05-2012 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 8979583)

On the other side: I rode the bus for 3 weeks after my truck needed some major repairs and saw a psycho in the back of the bus that looked like he didn't sleep for 4 days yelling obscenities at women and calling men 'pillowbiters', mad dogging them and telling them he was gonna knife them if they looked the weirdo sitting there yelling. This was about 7:30 in the morning to top things off.

Most of the people are just people just trying to get to jobs or school. But not all of them.