ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Hillis, Wylie and Dorsey out; Brown doubtful (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264681)

ShowtimeSBMVP 10-05-2012 12:12 PM

Hillis, Wylie and Dorsey out; Brown doubtful

Adam Teicher ‏@adamteicher

#Chiefs injury report for Sunday: Hillis, Wylie and Dorsey out; Brown doubtful; Pitoitua, Derrick Johnson and Lewis questionable . . .

Flowers, Baldwin and Lilja are probable

ThaVirus 10-05-2012 12:14 PM

Hillis a pussy... Check.

The Bad Guy 10-05-2012 12:14 PM

I've long loved Dorsey, but his time is up here.

You can't pay a bunch of money for a one-dimensional 3-4 DE in an NFL that's pass happy.

The Franchise 10-05-2012 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 8979237)

You can't pay a bunch of money for a one-dimensional 3-4 DE in an NFL that's pass happy.

This. Move ****ing Poe to DE. Powe at NT.

The Bad Guy 10-05-2012 12:17 PM

I was also talking with someone on Tuesday that was in the Chiefs draft room in 2008. That person insisted that if Matt Ryan fell to 5, the Chiefs were taking him.

Ex Patriots ****ing us again.

durtyrute 10-05-2012 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8979239)
This. Move ****ing Poe to DE. Powe at NT.

That

mcaj22 10-05-2012 12:29 PM

they wont be doing that

expect Pioli to use our top 5 pick in the first round to draft a 5 tech to replace Dorsey. The safe Pioli pick. Probably one of those guys from LSU. This place will riot, and so will I. But hopefully that means more of you hate fat Scott as much as I do currently

mcaj22 10-05-2012 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 8979241)
I was also talking with someone on Tuesday that was in the Chiefs draft room in 2008. That person insisted that if Matt Ryan fell to 5, the Chiefs were taking him.

that was Herm and Carl in the 08 draft and Dimitroff ****ed us lol

so yeah based on what Herm drafted in 08 I'd expect he would be able to see Matt Ryan as a talent

Buckweath 10-05-2012 12:31 PM

Quote:

Keep Dorsey for depth. Fans say we don't have enough depth and then they go on to say let's get rid of a player who has been solid for us.

Buckweath 10-05-2012 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 8979262)
they wont be doing that

expect Pioli to use our top 5 pick in the first round to draft a 5 tech to replace Dorsey. The safe Pioli pick. Probably one of those guys from LSU. This place will riot, and so will I. But hopefully that means more of you hate fat Scott as much as I do currently

Seriously, that the Chiefs will draft a QB with their first round pick next year is a certainty.

RealSNR 10-05-2012 12:33 PM

Quote:

That would have been a no-brainer. But obviously Carl and company can't be expected to take charge of a situation and team without a real QB.

You only had two ****ing first rounders, a second, and tons of ****ing 3rds, 5ths, and 7ths. How could you have been expected to trade up to a Dolphins or Rams team that probably didn't REALLY want either of the OTs they drafted?

But... yeah. Brodie Croyle. I know.

mcaj22 10-05-2012 12:33 PM

if Scott Pioli is around I highly doubt that lol

KC_Lee 10-05-2012 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 8979226)

#Chiefs injury report for Sunday: Hillis, Wylie and Dorsey out; Brown doubtful; Pitoitua, Derrick Johnson and Lewis questionable . . .

Flowers, Baldwin and Lilja are probable

Gee, Hillis is out!?! What is this team's love affair with crap players that had one good year?

ShowtimeSBMVP 10-05-2012 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 8979287)
Gee, Hillis is out!?! What is this team's love affair with crap players that had one good year?

They don't cost much.

htismaqe 10-05-2012 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckweath (Post 8979281)
Seriously, that the Chiefs will draft a QB with their first round pick next year is a certainty.

My heart says they won't but my head says they almost have to if they want to continue to make lots of money...

KC_Lee 10-05-2012 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 8979290)
They don't cost much.

Cassel @ $60 million is cheap?!?

:D

Deberg_1990 10-05-2012 12:41 PM

Quote:

I've long loved Dorsey,

Why? Hes been invisible for 5 seasons now....

FAX 10-05-2012 12:44 PM

You know what? I'll bet that, if Dorsey were to sign with a team that allowed him to attack and not simply occupy space, he could resurrect his career and become a star in this league.

The best thing for him is to bail on the Chiefs, find a team that would give him that opportunity, sign a one-year deal, tear it up, then get your career contract.

FAX

ShowtimeSBMVP 10-05-2012 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 8979297)
Cassel @ $60 million is cheap?!?

:D

That's Cheap vs paying a real QB they cost 18 to 25m a year.

The Bad Guy 10-05-2012 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckweath (Post 8979275)
Keep Dorsey for depth. Fans say we don't have enough depth and then they go on to say let's get rid of a player who has been solid for us.

You're not paying a guy over 6 million a year for depth.

You can find depth for peanuts at a run stopping DE.

TEX 10-05-2012 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 8979287)

Pioli can get them CHEAP. ANd it makes him look like he pulled off a major coup if they pan out. Problem is, they never do. Thing is, the Patriot Way only works if you have a Tom Brady - NOT a Scott Pioli...

Ya just gotta laugh at the idiocy of the whole off season "plan." LMAO

Marcellus 10-05-2012 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 8979306)
That's Cheap vs paying a real QB they cost 18 to 25m a year.

$60MM is expensive comaired to the salary of most of the QB's drafted the last 3 years not named Cam Newton.

Rasputin 10-05-2012 01:04 PM

When is Lewis expected to get back on the field?

Rasputin 10-05-2012 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 8979304)
You know what? I'll bet that, if Dorsey were to sign with a team that allowed him to attack and not simply occupy space, he could resurrect his career and become a star in this league.

The best thing for him is to bail on the Chiefs, find a team that would give him that opportunity, sign a one-year deal, tear it up, then get your career contract.

FAX

R. Pitoitua had two sacks against the Chargers sunday. I don't understand why we can't get sacks out of our DEs. T. Jax has yet to get one not that surprising. But Pitoitua came in and got two in relief of Dorsey.

DaWolf 10-05-2012 01:10 PM

Quote:

That might be true, and that might be revisionist history by whoever it is. Regardless, we were F'ed by the coin flip according to Wikipedia:

Quote:

A coin flip held at the NFL Scouting Combine determined the tie-breaker between the Chiefs, Falcons, and Raiders. The Chiefs had a league-high 13 selections heading into the draft.
And we should also point out that if they really wanted Ryan, 13 picks is plenty of ammo to trade up, which they probably should have done considering we started the season with Croyle and Huard and ended it with Thigpen and Qunn Gray.

I also believe Carl was really looking to draft Joey Harrington the year that the Lions took him ahead of us, so yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if after all those years, Carl finally started warming to the idea of a QB in the first round. He just never ended up pulling the trigger...

mcaj22 10-05-2012 01:13 PM

id enjoy this team a lot more currently if Thigpen was starting

we would still lose, but it would be entertaining

DJ's left nut 10-05-2012 01:15 PM

Whatever will we do without a guy that was outplayed by Ropiatui last week (who, in general, kinda sucks)?

Meh.

FAX 10-05-2012 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 8979359)
R. Pitoitua had two sacks against the Chargers sunday. I don't understand why we can't get sacks out of our DEs. T. Jax has yet to get one not that surprising. But Pitoitua came in and got two in relief of Dorsey.

There's only one possible explanation.

Ratboy Pituitary was playing the position incorrectly.

FAX

sedated 10-05-2012 01:23 PM

Quote:

Herm was on 810 earlier this week and said the same exact thing.

Micjones 10-05-2012 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 8979359)

One of those sacks came from a blown blocking assignment.
He came in untouched.

The other, I believe, was a coverage sack.

Either way, I'll take that EVERYTIME.
Run his ass back out there!

GoShox 10-05-2012 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 8979400)
One of those sacks came from a blown blocking assignment.
He came in untouched.

The other, I believe, was a coverage sack.

Either way, I'll take that EVERYTIME.
Run his ass back out there!

Honestly, with as tall as he is, maybe he fits better at WR for this QB.

sedated 10-05-2012 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaWolf (Post 8979363)
And we should also point out that if they really wanted Ryan, 13 picks is plenty of ammo to trade up,

That’s assuming ATL would even consider trading away the rights to Ryan. They needed him just as badly as we did.

Chiefs Pantalones 10-05-2012 01:26 PM

It sucks that we're pretty much in neutral with our team. Nothing has changed since the Herm and Clark era.

Micjones 10-05-2012 01:27 PM

So Lewis may play for the first time this year?

htismaqe 10-05-2012 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 8979411)
So Lewis may play for the first time this year?

He missed practice all week with a "personal issue" on top of the fact that he's been hurt all year.

My guess is he won't play.

sedated 10-05-2012 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 8979408)
It sucks that we're pretty much in neutral with our team. Nothing has changed since the Herm and Clark era.

2-11

DaneMcCloud 10-05-2012 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaWolf (Post 8979363)
Carl finally started warming to the idea of a QB in the first round. He just never ended up pulling the trigger...

Carl traded a first round pick for Montana and later traded another first round pick (#12 overall) for Green.

I don't think he ever had a problem drafting a QB in the first round, it's just that he or the head coach didn't like anyone. He signed QB's in free agency constantly and drafted QB's in every round but the first and sixth (IIRC).

lcarus 10-05-2012 01:54 PM

I said Dorsey was a bust a couple years ago and some here called me an idiot. I love getting the last laugh. A #5 overall pick gone to ****ing waste.

There were also some here that said Matt Ryan sucked and were glad we didn't have the opportunity to get him. That said, I've been wrong about shit too so...it happens to everyone.

DaWolf 10-05-2012 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedated (Post 8979405)
That’s assuming ATL would even consider trading away the rights to Ryan. They needed him just as badly as we did.

Trade in front of them. He wasn't the first pick. And we had multiple first rounders.

And yes, they did need him badly after Vick. Blank was pushing hard for Dimitrioff to take the QB. Hunt needs to do the same thing this offseason...

BoneKrusher 10-05-2012 01:59 PM

1st Round:
Dorsey
Hali
Tyson Jackson
Poe
DJ
Eric Berry
and
Brandon Flowers a high second round pick.

that's a lot of high draft picks on this Chiefs Defense.
they should be dominating teams week in and week out.

maybe if the Chiefs get a real QB this team will rock.

DaWolf 10-05-2012 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8979454)
Carl traded a first round pick for Montana and later traded another first round pick (#12 overall) for Green.

I don't think he ever had a problem drafting a QB in the first round, it's just that he or the head coach didn't like anyone. He signed QB's in free agency constantly and drafted QB's in every round but the first and sixth (IIRC).

My feeling was that he had more of a comfort level with veterans than he did with rookies. I think he also saw guys like David Klingler and Andre Ware drafted back then and said to himself that there's no way he's going down that road. Marty also wanted vets.

With Green, he had very little choice. Once he committed to DV, and Elvis bailed, there were very few options. I think DV forced him into making that trade for Green.

After that point though, I think Carl started realizing they had to develop their own guy. So you're right, after that point I think if a guy had been staring them in the face, they would have taken him. Especially with Herm, I have no doubt that Herm would have been pushing hard for an RGIII or someone had they been drafting during that time. But too little too late, unfortunately both those guys hopped onto the Croyle bandwagon...

DaWolf 10-05-2012 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneKrusher (Post 8979487)
1st Round:
Dorsey
Hali
Tyson Jackson
Poe
DJ
Eric Berry
and
Brandon Flowers a high second round pick.

that's a lot of high draft picks on this Chiefs Defense.
they should be dominating teams week in and week out.

maybe if the Chiefs get a real QB this team will rock.

We haven't been able to consistently get after the QB since the Allen trade. That's the thing that has been holding the defense back. No pass rush = mediocre defense...

The Franchise 10-05-2012 02:06 PM

It's RAC's ****ing bullshit scheme that is bringing this defense down.

BoneKrusher 10-05-2012 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8979503)

i agree.
this scheme sucks balls.

The Franchise 10-05-2012 02:10 PM

RAC only attacks the QB when we're down and he's basically forced to. That's why we start out every game by going down by 14-21 points. He plays that bend don't break bullshit until the score forces his hand. If he actually started out the game by attacking the QB......our defense would be playing better than they are right now.

durtyrute 10-05-2012 02:11 PM

Quote:

This to the mutha****in max. What kind of defense line do we have where there job is to NOT get to the QB? That is the most ricockulous thing I have ever heard of. That on top of the whole "bend but don't break crap" has been driving me ****ing crazy. If it's called bend but don't break and you are consistently getting broken, it might be time to change your scheme.

TEX 10-05-2012 02:11 PM

Quote:

That, and the talent on the roster is the wrong type to run it successfully. No excuse when you consider that Pioli has had 4 drafts, 4 off seasons, and TONS of CAP ROOM!

FAX 10-05-2012 02:13 PM

I guess I just have a hard time believing that Roleo is so incompetent that he really is unable to build a stifling defense around 6 or 7 first-round picks.

Then again, we seem to be asking some of the guys to do things that aren't necessarily natural for them. It is peculiar, that's for sure.

FAX

ptlyon 10-05-2012 02:15 PM

So tell me why we aren't flying a FIRE RAC banner this weekend again?

Micjones 10-05-2012 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8979417)
He missed practice all week with a "personal issue" on top of the fact that he's been hurt all year.

My guess is he won't play.

Oh, I thought I'd read about him practicing this week.
Well...Maybe after the bye.

TEX 10-05-2012 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 8979514)
I guess I just have a hard time believing that Roleo is so incompetent that he really is unable to build a stifling defense around 6 or 7 first-round picks.

Then again, we seem to be asking some of the guys to do things that aren't necessarily natural for them. It is peculiar, that's for sure.

FAX

You know what? I read your post and just shook my head. It's so depressing to think it was all wasted...

The Franchise 10-05-2012 02:18 PM

The thing about it is.....switching from a 2 gap to a 1 gap is easy with our personnel.

You replace Dorsey with Poe. You put Powe at NT. You find a real SS and you move Berry to FS.

the Talking Can 10-05-2012 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 8979514)

FAX

jj watt

vs

dorsey
jackson
powe
bailey

scheme is an excuse...our players are one dimensional, at best...good players make an impact

Titty Meat 10-05-2012 02:20 PM

Let the new GM figure out the D-line

htismaqe 10-05-2012 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 8979526)
scheme is an excuse...our players are one dimensional, at best...good players make an impact

It's both.

Good players will make an impact. But the difference between 1-gap and 2-gap is glaringly evident, when you compare us (or Romeo's Pats) to Pitt, Houston, or Dallas...

ChiefsCountry 10-05-2012 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8979454)

To be honest, the 90's sucked ****ing ass for quarterbacks. Its the main reason why Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson won Super Bowls at the turn of the century won Super Bowls.

Valiant 10-05-2012 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckweath (Post 8979275)

If, big if, he wants to sign for minimum ok. But that won't happen.

Titty Meat 10-05-2012 02:55 PM

Quote:

Herm also said this on 810 the other day.

TEX 10-05-2012 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8979595)
It's both.

Good players will make an impact. But the difference between 1-gap and 2-gap is glaringly evident, when you compare us (or Romeo's Pats) to Pitt, Houston, or Dallas...

Interesting thing about Houston, they kept the same players on defense + added 2 via free agency and hired Wayde Phillips (WHO KNOWS HIS STUFF) and completely turned that defense around. They went from a 4-3 to a 3-4 in 1 year and had a TOP 5 Defense. They also did it without Mario Williams and Demico Ryans due to injuries... :hmmm: Now - in year 2 the defense is the strongest part of their team. So, it can be done.

gretnanefan 10-05-2012 03:02 PM

new guy

i have been a sth since 2001 and a diehard fan since 1970. i celebrated my 60th birthday at the falcon game,gonzy is still the best. it is getting tougher each year to travel down here from good old nebraska. i believe mr hunt is the one who needs to wake up. empty seats will make his pocketbook sting a little. i am new at this being on a forum but it really hurts seeing my team look so bad.

the Talking Can 10-05-2012 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8979595)
It's both.

and the difference in talent between watt and our players is glaring as well...

FAX 10-05-2012 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gretnanefan (Post 8979635)
i have been a sth since 2001 and a diehard fan since 1970. i celebrated my 60th birthday at the falcon game,gonzy is still the best. it is getting tougher each year to travel down here from good old nebraska. i believe mr hunt is the one who needs to wake up. empty seats will make his pocketbook sting a little. i am new at this being on a forum but it really hurts seeing my team look so bad.

Welcome, Mr. gretnanefan.

FAX

ptlyon 10-05-2012 03:17 PM

Quote:

What Mr. FAX said... And grab a beer, don't cost nothin

Dave Lane 10-05-2012 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedated (Post 8979399)
Herm was on 810 earlier this week and said the same exact thing.

How would Herm know? He was probably playing with his belly button while the draft was going on.

TEX 10-05-2012 03:19 PM

Quote:

Welcome to the Planet...
I hear ya -for me it's not that the Chiefs look so bad, it's that they do so on a consistent basis...:banghead:

mikey23545 10-05-2012 03:21 PM

Quote:

Welcome, gretnanefan!

I've been a fan since I was a kid, even a little longer than you, and believe me - I feel your pain! :cuss:

New World Order 10-05-2012 03:35 PM

All expendable players, the guy we got off the street Ropati Pitoitua looks like a monster in Dorsey's spot, the guy had 2 sacks in one game from the 3/4 de position.

The Bad Guy 10-05-2012 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 8979618)
Herm also said this on 810 the other day.

Interesting. Didn't hear that interview and Herm obviously isn't my source.

I would kill for Matt Ryan right now.

The Bad Guy 10-05-2012 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 8979739)
All expendable players, the guy we got off the street Ropati Pitoitua looks like a monster in Dorsey's spot, the guy had 2 sacks in one game from the 3/4 de position.

The Texans are getting superhuman production from JJ Watt and we are stuck with 2 3-4 ends that couldn't get pressure if their asses were hooked up to a fire hydrant.

New World Order 10-05-2012 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 8979746)
The Texans are getting superhuman production from JJ Watt and we are stuck with 2 3-4 ends that couldn't get pressure if their asses were hooked up to a fire hydrant.

One of my favorite plays on Sunday was when the announcer at Arrowhead said... "Tyson Jackson in on the stop, gain of 7"

Gain of 7? My god

The Bad Guy 10-05-2012 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 8979751)
One of my favorite plays on Sunday was when the announcer at Arrowhead said... "Tyson Jackson in on the stop, gain of 7"

Gain of 7? My god

The hilarious part about Jackson is how much of a god damn idiot he looks like starting fights with the opposing team. Every single play he's pushing someone after the play is basically over.

New World Order 10-05-2012 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 8979760)
The hilarious part about Jackson is how much of a god damn idiot he looks like starting fights with the opposing team. Every single play he's pushing someone after the play is basically over.

lol that is true.

He is the human vibrator, everytime he makes contact with the offensive lineman he stays in one spot and vibrates.

TEX 10-05-2012 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 8979746)

Yep. And they let Mario Williams walk...

the Talking Can 10-05-2012 04:28 PM

houston let winston, mario williams walk and traded DeMeco Ryans...and are better than ever

that's called having depth, and having a superbowl roster

we have jack shit

New World Order 10-05-2012 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 8979884)
houston let winston, mario williams walk and traded DeMeco Ryans...and are better than ever

we have jack shit

We have Tyson Jackson

BossChief 10-05-2012 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 8979884)

we have jack shit

I firmy believe the Chiefs can be just as good once we get a coach and a quarterback.

We have the players on defense to run a similar attacking scheme on defense and we have about everything needed on offense sans a quarterback to be an effective attacking offense, too.

Pasta Little Brioni 10-05-2012 07:01 PM

Sad that I don't care.

bricks 10-05-2012 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8980381)
I firmy believe the Chiefs can be just as good once we get a coach and a quarterback.

We have the players on defense to run a similar attacking scheme on defense and we have about everything needed on offense sans a quarterback to be an effective attacking offense, too.

A good coach and a quarteback will help. But honestly, Im afraid it's gonna take more than that.

After following this team during the Pioli era, I have come to the conclusion that this KCChiefs team lacks the foundational components necessary to be successful. That is, leadership, management and confidence.

I think it starts off with leadership. This organization lacks it big time. The first thing that needs to happen is they need to bring in a guy who can change the culture, one that can add the leadership necessary to install more of a winning attitude. That desperatley needs to happen and fast.

Secondly, this team is mismanaged at all levels. Upper management does a terrible job at evaluating and assessing players. Our coaches suck in terms of player development. Mainly because a lot of the players on the team aren't being used properly. And I don't think they challenge the players well enough. The coaching staff doesn't seem smart either. We continously go into games with piss poor game plans and only seem adjust when our back are against the wall. Not good. Romeo needs to go. He is mainly to blame for that.

And finally, we don't have the talent, leadership at key positions such as QB, and MLB. They don't have the generals who can bring confidence and create feelings of belief amongst the rest of the players.

*The Chiefs just need to clean house dude. And as far as players go, obviously priority #1 should be to draft a QB and they should also try to find another good MLB. The Chiefs do have a lot of talent but they are an example of how sometimes talent doesn't matter. Regardless of the talent, if you don't have the leadership, management and confidence, you ain't beating anybody in the league. I don't care what anyone says. Having all the talent but no leadership, management and confidence is like having all the ingredients for your pizza (pepperoni, mushrooms, green peppers, olives, onions, cheese, etc) but they don't have the crust!! Thats the problem.

Bewbies 10-05-2012 07:35 PM

We don't need a Hermesque rebuild, but our roster will look a lot different if we are going to win anything.

Tombstone RJ 10-05-2012 09:27 PM

I'm shocked that Hillis is injured. shocked.