ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Do You Have Any Expectations This Week? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265022)

gblowfish 10-12-2012 10:40 AM

Do You Have Any Expectations This Week?

I'm glad the Chiefs are on the road this weekend. I have lots of other stuff to do on Sunday, including getting my yard ready for winter.

I'll watch the game, but really have no expectations of winning or even playing well.

How are you feeling about it?

Discuss Thrower 10-12-2012 10:42 AM

I expect my loathing for Pioli will remain at an unhealthy level.

HemiEd 10-12-2012 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 9005077)
I'm glad the Chiefs are on the road this weekend. I have lots of other stuff to do on Sunday, including getting my yard ready for winter.

I'll watch the game, but really have no expectations of winning or even playing well.

How are you feeling about it?

I think they are going to kick ass and take names. I think the team will be very energized at the thought of turning the Cassel corner. I expect a performance similar to the Green Bay game last year.

Pasta Little Brioni 10-12-2012 10:42 AM

They will rally behind Brady Quinn and play good football.

The Franchise 10-12-2012 10:43 AM

I'm hoping to God that Daboll and RAC open up the playbook. They have a QB that can throw the ball......****ing use him.

bevischief 10-12-2012 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 9005083)
I expect my loathing for Pioli will remain at an unhealthy level.

This and I have no expectations for this team this year.

suds79 10-12-2012 10:44 AM

Oh I've been a Chiefs fan for far to long to know better.

I "expect" Brady Quinn to give them team a spark, much like Romeo as HC last year did, and rally this team to a 6-10 record this year.

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

boogblaster 10-12-2012 10:50 AM

well its a winnable game fer sure .. hopefully the whole team shows up to play .....

whoman69 10-12-2012 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 9005084)
I think they are going to kick ass and take names. I think the team will be very energized at the thought of turning the Cassel corner. I expect a performance similar to the Green Bay game last year.

What makes you think they have turned the Cassel corner? Quinn is getting this start only because Cassel was not ready to go. Will you be surprised when Cassel starts again after the bye?

I expect the offense to look a little better, but Quinn will only be mediocre. He will not complete 60% of his passes and will probably throw as many picks as TD passes. That said the added dimension of a down the field game has to open offensive options.

the Talking Can 10-12-2012 10:52 AM

i'm excited, I feel like this is the year we can actually lose every game

Molitoth 10-12-2012 10:57 AM

I have a feeling RAC and Daboll are going to play manageable style football, trying to limit the turnover ratio by running the ball... a lot.
I'm betting they keep a short leash on Quinn and only let him throw the ball a short distance. Very conservative and bland.

I hope to god I'm wrong, because I never want to see that style of football played again. I've been watching it with Matt Cassel and it's making me hate this fucking franchise.

I'm hoping to see an unleashed Quinn... showing us that he has put in the work to get better than he was in Cleveland. Hopefully A LOT better.

Rasputin 10-12-2012 11:00 AM

I'm expecting The Good, The Bad and The Ugly in that order.

I think we are going start out good running the ball and our defense will do there part.

As the game goes Tampa Bay will start doing this thing called "adjustments" something the Chiefs arn't too familiar with & things will start to look bad.

Things could get ugly just depends on how Brady Quinn plays. Really depends on him and if he can make the throws however limited chances he gets count. I'm actually excited for his opportunity I just don't want it to **** up our chances for Geno Smith or next best QB draft pick, that's where I'm at with this team. It's going be nice not to see Cas~hell play this weekend.

TEX 10-12-2012 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 9005106)
What makes you think they have turned the Cassel corner? Quinn is getting this start only because Cassel was not ready to go. Will you be surprised when Cassel starts again after the bye?

I expect the offense to look a little better, but Quinn will only be mediocre. He will not complete 60% of his passes and will probably throw as many picks as TD passes. That said the added dimension of a down the field game has to open offensive options.

If they even let Quinn throw downfield. This organization is so messed up I'm not surprised if there is a hidden order saying not to look that good with Quinn in the game. Nothing would surprise me anymore when it comes to Pioli.

Pasta Little Brioni 10-12-2012 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 9005092)
Oh I've been a Chiefs fan for far to long to know better.

I "expect" Brady Quinn to give them team a spark, much like Romeo as HC last year did, and rally this team to a 6-10 record this year.

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

They are going to win that many anyway dude. This isn't a 3 win roster. Sorry. Only hope is a draft day trade up giving bundles of picks.

Reerun_KC 10-12-2012 11:05 AM

I expect Crennel to faceplant like he does each week.

Reerun_KC 10-12-2012 11:06 AM

Talking Saviour Quinn now on 610

Dr. Johnny Fever 10-12-2012 11:07 AM

My expectation is that we will lose, either through our own pure suckage or by finding a way... and I'm fine with that. Whatever helps the cause.

Pilsner 10-12-2012 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9005107)
i'm excited, I feel like this is the year we can actually lose every game

We're going to win this game. It doesn't help that the Bucs defense is awful and Freeman is regressing. If Cassel was starting, we'd have a crucial goal line fumble or something similar to completely sabotage this team's psyche. Quinn is a giant piece of shit, but this team is too talented and too stupid to just lay down and die.

We'll probably win this game, one against the Raiders, and against the Browns. We may even steal another through unmitigated dumb luck. I just don't see 1 and 15 happening.

ToxSocks 10-12-2012 11:10 AM

I expect a methodical, short passing game designed to limit our passing game. I am expecting a lot of 3 and outs, a lot of overthrows, and an INT or two. Maybe even a couple of fumbles.

KCrockaholic 10-12-2012 11:11 AM

Why does anyone want to win anymore games. Brady Quinn is a decent back up. That's it. The only thing we should be wishing for is a top 5 pick, and the potential of drafting Geno.

Smed1065 10-12-2012 11:11 AM

I expect to see a spark.

Then I expect to see BQ throw a bomb and knock MC's head off on the sideline to finish him off.

Pasta Little Brioni 10-12-2012 11:13 AM

Quinn lights it up, CP jizzes in thier pants, Pee Wee reinserted after bye, CP meltsdown.

carlos3652 10-12-2012 11:13 AM

Brady Quinn and Charles go off vs the 32nd D in the league - win big -

35-14.

Reerun_KC 10-12-2012 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9005165)
Quinn lights it up, CP jizzes in thier pants, Pee Wee reinserted after bye, CP meltsdown.

That would be perfect.

KCUnited 10-12-2012 11:15 AM

I expect Romeo to make Ned Yost sound like Zig Ziglar in his post game presser.

RealSNR 10-12-2012 11:17 AM

I expect a much-needed loss against a competitor (Tampa Bay) for Geno Smith.

If we lose this game, we go into the bye in a good position. If we lose the Oakland game immediately following, I think the team will have lost their will, and it will only be a matter of time before the season ends and the countdown to Geno Smith in a Chiefs uniform can commence.

Next two games are key. We can lose against Tampa and still pull off a rested bye week victory against the Turds, but we HAVE to lose to Tampa.

Simply Red 10-12-2012 11:18 AM

just a bunch of turds trying to play football, that's about it.

Dayze 10-12-2012 11:21 AM

zero expectations

Bearcat 10-12-2012 11:27 AM

I haven't had any expectations since the first quarter of the Lions game last year, but of course Quinn starting is intriguing as long as he's not completely tied down like Cassel was last week or Croyle was a couple of years ago when they got shutout by the Chargers. There are 4 hockey games, some CFB, and the Texans/Packers this weekend, so it ranks somewhere below all of that. :shrug:

suds79 10-12-2012 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9005140)
They are going to win that many anyway dude. This isn't a 3 win roster. Sorry. Only hope is a draft day trade up giving bundles of picks.

No I think they were. Jamaal's fumbles, Matt Cassel playing at an all time low, it was within reach.

Don't buy into the myth that this team is loaded with talent. We've been sold that bill of goods all offseason and here we are at 1-4. Blown out in 3 games and coming off of a Loss to a disinterested Ravens team.

This "talent" we've been sold isn't as good as management would like us to think.

TEX 10-12-2012 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 9005162)
Why does anyone want to win anymore games. Brady Quinn is a decent back up. That's it. The only thing we should be wishing for is a top 5 pick, and the potential of drafting Geno.

The deal is, there is no guarantee that fat Scott will pick a quarterback with a top 5 pick..

Pasta Little Brioni 10-12-2012 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 9005219)
No I think they were. Jamaal's fumbles, Matt Cassel playing at an all time low, it was within reach.

Don't buy into the myth that this team is loaded with talent. We've been sold that bill of goods all offseason and here we are at 1-4. Blown out in 3 games and coming off of a Loss to a disinterested Ravens team.

This "talent" we've been sold isn't as good as management would like us to think.

Don't care what they want us to believe. This is a top 10 defense and top 3 running game. They don't turn the ball over 5-6 times a game (which isn't sustainable even for PeeWee) easily 6-7 win team. The turnovers have easily been the deciding factor the last 2 weeks. Hell, they beat Balt. running 50 times if they don't fumble at the ****ing one yard line.

ToxSocks 10-12-2012 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9005175)
I expect a much-needed loss against a competitor (Tampa Bay) for Geno Smith.

If we lose this game, we go into the bye in a good position. If we lose the Oakland game immediately following, I think the team will have lost their will, and it will only be a matter of time before the season ends and the countdown to Geno Smith in a Chiefs uniform can commence.

Next two games are key. We can lose against Tampa and still pull off a rested bye week victory against the Turds, but we HAVE to lose to Tampa.

7-9. Landry Jones.

Expect nothing more.

Renegade 10-12-2012 11:47 AM

My expectation is that we FINALLY get a first possession TD.

Hammock Parties 10-12-2012 11:47 AM

This isn't a top 10 defense. The safeties suck ass, Routt is a liability, and the d-line is iffy.

CoMoChief 10-12-2012 11:48 AM

I expect Charles to have 90yds rushing on 22 carries....40 recv 1 TD

Quinn 18-27 220yds 1TD 1INT

Backup RB (whoever that is) will have a rushing TD

Succop will have a couple FG's

Chiefs win 27-20

ToxSocks 10-12-2012 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Renegade (Post 9005275)
My expectation is that we FINALLY get a first possession FG.

FYP.

And even that is a stretch

CoMoChief 10-12-2012 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9005278)
This isn't a top 10 defense. The safeties suck ass, Routt is a liability, and the d-line is iffy.

Routt hasn't played bad this season...which to my surprise actually

The safeties however have been complete dogshit.

HemiEd 10-12-2012 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 9005106)

Being an optimist I guess.

I honestly think the injury was bogus and a way to bow out of the game without being pulled in front of the fans.

I have felt for a couple years now that Bowe was sick of having to be an acrobat to catch Cassel's throws, and that feeling has spread around the entire offense.

I fully expect the entire team to put out extra effort since Cassel won't be playing, thus making Quinn look even better than he really is. Also, I am not totally convinced that Quinn is a bust.

Easy 6 10-12-2012 11:51 AM

20-13 Chiefs

An enraged Schiano sucker punches Romeo at the handshake, KC rules the news cycle for a second week in a row.

BoneKrusher 10-12-2012 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9005089)
I'm hoping to God that Daboll and RAC open up the playbook. They have a QB that can throw the ball......****ing use him.

this is what i'm hoping for as well.
we all know Quinn can throw a pass beyond 5-8 yards.

HemiEd 10-12-2012 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 9005234)
The deal is, there is no guarantee that fat Scott will pick a quarterback with a top 5 pick..

I am convinced that the Chiefs will never pick a QB with a top 5 pick, or even a first rounder for that matter. The evidence is pretty strong.

BoneKrusher 10-12-2012 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 9005301)
I am convinced that the Chiefs will never pick a QB with a top 5 pick, or even a first rounder for that matter. The evidence is pretty strong.

i think they will after Pioli is fired, not before.

GordonGekko 10-12-2012 11:58 AM

Hopefully good play by the Defense, 6+ sacks spread between Houston and Hali would be a good start.

100+ and a td for Charles

Bowe gets 100+ and 1 or 2 td's

Of course we will probably achieve this in garbage time and still lose by 14 when the game is over.

Chiefs for life

GordonGekko 10-12-2012 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9005278)

Berry is rusty from a year off and new muscles in the knee.

He should come around any game now.

Donger 10-12-2012 11:59 AM

The general consensus among fans seems to be that the Chiefs require a QB who was picked in the first round. Well, here you go.

BoneKrusher 10-12-2012 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 9005314)
The general consensus among fans seems to be that the Chiefs require a QB who was picked in the first round. Well, here you go.

not only is Quinn a first rounder, he has never been on a roster this full of talent before.
if he sucks than he sucks but as for today, i have hopes he'll do well.

HemiEd 10-12-2012 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneKrusher (Post 9005304)
i think they will after Pioli is fired, not before.

Well not picking a QB in the first round was going on a long time before Pioli was on board.
In fact, they have only done it twice in the history of the franchise that I recall.
Steve Fuller in 79 and Todd Blackledge in 83 if I remember correctly. Am I forgetting someone? Please correct me if I am missing someone.

They took a few later round pokes at it, like David Jaynes, Brodie Croyle and Stanzi, but not any other firsts.

BoneKrusher 10-12-2012 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 9005317)
Well not picking a QB in the first round was going on a long time before Pioli was on board.
In fact, they have only done it twice in the history of the franchise that I recall.
Steve Fuller in 79 and Todd Blackledge in 83 if I remember correctly. Am I forgetting someone? Please correct me if I am missing someone.

They took a few later round pokes at it, like David Jaynes, Brodie Croyle and Stanzi, but not any other firsts.

maybe it was Lamar's wishes since he got burned so bad with Todd Blackledge.

times have changed, if you dont have a great quarterback in todays NFL you're ****ed.

with a smart GM, we'll see a top tier quarterback drafted in KC.

HemiEd 10-12-2012 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneKrusher (Post 9005316)
not only is Quinn a first rounder, he has never been on a roster this full of talent before.
if he sucks than he sucks but as for today, i have hopes he'll do well.

I agree, and remember hoping the Chiefs would get him in the draft that Cleveland moved back up and got him. So far the one series looked pretty promising.

scho63 10-12-2012 12:10 PM

If Quinn plays great and Chiefs win, I think that assures us that Cassel is gone. If Quinn sucks and we lose, Cassel will probably be our starter again against the Raiders and that really would suck.

I'm rooting for Quinn to do great to make Cassel and Pioli look worse than they already do.

suds79 10-12-2012 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GordonGekko (Post 9005313)
Berry is rusty from a year off and new muscles in the knee.

He should come around any game now.

Am I the only one who remembers Berry not being that great in coverage his rookie year also???

I don't think it's a knee thing.

HemiEd 10-12-2012 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneKrusher (Post 9005327)
maybe it was Lamar's wishes since he got burned so bad with Todd Blackledge.

times have changed, if you dont have a great quarterback in todays NFL you're ****ed.

with a smart GM, we'll see a top tier quarterback drafted in KC.

I have said that a few times. I can visualize Lamar (RIP) on his death bed whispering to Clark "never, ever, draft a QB in the first as long as you run this team."

I am not sure times have changed, you have pretty much needed a top tier QB all along, thus the lack of success in KC.
Medicore QBs have resulted in mediocrity, and the only two QBs to win a playoff game since the SB win 42 years ago are Steve DeBerg and Joe Montana.
Again, I am going from memory, so feel free to point out my oversights.

BoneKrusher 10-12-2012 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 9005332)
If Quinn plays great and Chiefs win, I think that assures us that Cassel is gone. If Quinn sucks and we lose, Cassel will probably be our starter again against the Raiders and that really would suck.

I'm rooting for Quinn to do great to make Cassel and Pioli look worse than they already do.

this 1000 x.

Ace Gunner 10-12-2012 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9005089)

Ya, especially considering the situation at RB plus the Bucs defense is a decent run stopper. If they want this one, they need the QB to make plays in the red zone.

RealSNR 10-12-2012 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9005272)
7-9. Landry Jones.

Expect nothing more.

This losing season is my last vestige of hope.

Don't shit on me.

The Franchise 10-12-2012 12:33 PM

Quote:

Cassel coming back and sucking is a win-win situation for us. It further proves that he's horrible and that Pioli is a ****ing fool for trading for him.

gblowfish 10-12-2012 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 9005317)

Pete Beathard from USC in 1964, drafted in the first round of AFL draft. He was Dawson's back up.

We've had other QBs that were other teams first round picks as well:

Cotton Davidson - Baltimore
Len Dawson - Pittsburgh
Jacky Lee - Houston

Brady Quinn is the 7th "First Round QB" to start a game for KC.

Ace Gunner 10-12-2012 12:49 PM

Oh, and as for my expectations, I expect this defense to take it up another notch with Rapoti at RDE. He gives this defense the range and mobility at the RDE position, he can motor for a big man and he has real long arms that he uses well.

I expect DJ to play well again. Last week he was somewhat invisible, but he played well because he maintained gap control causing the Raven offense to go strongside with the run game and under routes. It shuts out half the field on the opposing offense.

I liked RC put Berry back in the C2 style because Berry has the jets and vision to play in a split deep safety backfield. He plays best from there. So, I hope they keep doing that with Berry.

I expect the Bucs will double up on Houston, he's just wrecking shit now, whether it's strongside pass coverage, playing the run or when he blitzes the QB. He is so fundamentally sound in the way he plays and maintains gaps. Really pleased with Houston. He's going to be great. But, this week presents a challenge -- looking forward to how he handles it.

Quinn is playing quick, I like that a lot and it's just a necessity in the NFL because everyone is so quick. He throws a hard ball, I used to have a QB that was like this and as a WR I liked it because it gave me a chance to turn up field quickly and that made my YAC go up quite a bit. But, you got to have soft hands to catch those zippy passes.

Jamaal, just hoping he stays healthy. The other backs are banged, so he's on his own this time. They'll play, but he's going to be the real player tomorrow. Hoping to see him split wide more than usual.

Brandon Albert will have his work cut out.

Same with Asamoah.

Field position is going to be huge in this one, would be good to see ST make some plays this time. I am not liking this ST coach so far. He adjusted, they played better last week. Need more. Copper is banged too, so this will be a challenge.

Killer Bees. Please stand up. Bowe, Breaston, Baldwin. All should be available. Show me some points, suckers. They block well, they really do. But, hey, can we get some points in your hands. That's what needs done.

That RT needs to shut his trap and play some ball. Tired of it now.

That's all I got.

NJChiefsFan 10-12-2012 12:57 PM

Quote:

There is a large danger in this though. We don't want Pioli going into the offseason saying hey we found a QB and its Brady Quinn. Its tough for this scenario to work out great for KC. The season is lost. At this point its about making it obvious we don't have a QB and also being in a position to get one. Brady going on a mini run puts a major cramp in that plan.

HemiEd 10-12-2012 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 9005380)
Pete Beathard from USC in 1964, drafted in the first round of AFL draft. He was Dawson's back up.

We've had other QBs that were other teams first round picks as well:

Cotton Davidson - Baltimore
Len Dawson - Pittsburgh
Jacky Lee - Houston

Brady Quinn is the 7th "First Round QB" to start a game for KC.

I forgot Beathard, thanks. I started following the team in 1969, so that makes sense.
I was referring to the Chiefs actual 1st round picks, as Lenny is the star of the other teams picks, for sure, no doubt.
So in 52 years there has been three, right? Beathard, Fuller and Blackledge? Zero in the last 30.

Dragonocho 10-12-2012 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 9005340)
Am I the only one who remembers Berry not being that great in coverage his rookie year also???

I don't think it's a knee thing.

I agree. In the playoff game Todd Heap OWNED Eric Berry.
Speed doesn't fix the size discrepancy. The non-replacement refs seem to be on to his defensive holding to scale the wall that is the TE's back to fend off passes too.
Romeo should use him as a centerfielder but 4-5 WR/TE/FB sets are killing that option, forcing him into coverage against the TE with the predictable result of 3-4 receptions or PI per pass defended.

pr_capone 10-12-2012 01:13 PM

I think we are going to see Brady Quinn play well. I think his teammates are going to step up for him. He is gonna take a few unnecessary sacks but he hasn't played a whole game since 2009. I expect to see a few bad decisions made but his superior accuracy and arm outweigh the bad decisions.

14/23 - 61% completion percentage
212 yards passing
14 yards rushing
1 TD - 1 INT

Rain Man 10-12-2012 02:03 PM

My take is similar to pr_capone's. I think he'll play well, in part because there's no film on him yet. I also think the team is going to rally around him hard. If they were losing faith in Cassel, they're going to want Quinn to look good. I think we win going away.

L.A. Chieffan 10-12-2012 02:05 PM

Quinn will light it up 300-350 3TDs and one dropped Bowe pass for an INT.

Im expecting Breaston and Moeaki to go off.

31-10 KC

gblowfish 10-12-2012 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 9005439)
I forgot Beathard, thanks. I started following the team in 1969, so that makes sense.
I was referring to the Chiefs actual 1st round picks, as Lenny is the star of the other teams picks, for sure, no doubt.
So in 52 years there has been three, right? Beathard, Fuller and Blackledge? Zero in the last 30.

Yep.

Todd Sackledge was the last big dive into the QB pool. We had a shot at everybody but Elway in 1983. We passed on Kelly, Eason, O'Brien, and ...this one really hurts... Marino.

Imagine if we had Marino all those years going head to head with Elway. Bet we would have made the Donks taste some of the pain they laid on us.

HemiEd 10-12-2012 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 9005943)
Yep.

Todd Sackledge was the last big dive into the QB pool. We had a shot at everybody but Elway in 1983. We passed on Kelly, Eason, O'Brien, and ...this one really hurts... Marino.

Imagine if we had Marino all those years going head to head with Elway. Bet we would have made the Donks taste some of the pain they laid on us.

Yeah, the Marino and Kelly ones both really hurt. Didn't Shula float "pot" rumors about Marino so he would drop?

gblowfish 10-12-2012 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 9005960)
Yeah, the Marino and Kelly ones both really hurt. Didn't Shula float "pot" rumors about Marino so he would drop?

The story I remember on personal workouts was this.

Blackledge was a big God Squadder type, big FCA Jesus kinda guy, like Mackovic and Bill Kenney. Remember, Blackledge was the tits that year coming out of college. Everyone thought Elway and Blackledge were the cream of the crop.

They brought Marino in for a workout at Arrowhead with a couple of the Chiefs receivers. Marino had a cannon. When the receivers dropped a pass, Marino would glare and curse at them. The God Squad didn't like that. So they picked Todd because he was "nicer."

And thus is history.

Bugeater 10-12-2012 04:08 PM

I didn't have any expectations going into the season.

HemiEd 10-12-2012 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 9005970)
The story I remember on personal workouts was this.

Blackledge was a big God Squadder type, big FCA Jesus kinda guy, like Mackovic and Bill Kenney. Remember, Blackledge was the tits that year coming out of college. Everyone thought Elway and Blackledge were the cream of the crop.

They brought Marino in for a workout at Arrowhead with a couple of the Chiefs receivers. Marino had a cannon. When the receivers dropped a pass, Marino would glare and curse at them. The God Squad didn't like that. So they picked Todd because he was "nicer."

And thus is history.

Thanks George, that is more info than I had known about living in Doodah.

The Iron Chief 10-12-2012 04:38 PM

My expectations? Hmmm...

Quinn 30/40, 350 - 400 yrds, no INTs, no fumbles and 4 TDs.
JC 135 yrds 1 TD no fumbles.
Ryan Succop takes the day off setting up a lounge chair and umbrella on the sideline.
Chiefs D shows up its a blow out.

Chiefs win 35 - 6

Quinn ends up on the cover of SI a pic of him passing deep to Bowe with the Caption of "Hail To The Chief"

Ok Ok maybe my expectations are a weee bit too high. :)

Pasta Little Brioni 10-12-2012 04:44 PM

Sounds like you smoked a bowl and fired up Madden to me

bricks 10-12-2012 04:55 PM

Do I have expectations?

Yes I do. I expect them to compete. I think the team will be a lot different without Cassel in there.

Frazod 10-12-2012 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bricks (Post 9006114)
Do I have expectations?

Yes I do. I expect them to compete. I think the team will be a lot different without Cassel in there.

This. Should be much easier to swim without that anchor chained their necks.

The Iron Chief 10-12-2012 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9006067)
Sounds like you smoked a bowl and fired up Madden to me

You kidding... it took more than just "A bowl"(one) to get my expectations that High ;)

Phobia 10-12-2012 06:07 PM

I think they'll win convincingly. This team isn't ever going to earn top pick in the draft and this year is no exception.

KC Jones 10-12-2012 06:43 PM

I think they take out their frustrations on an overmatched Bucs team.

TinyEvel 10-12-2012 08:29 PM

I am very curious to see if Brady can lead this team. I hope he does amazingly well, QBOTF level. But I still hope we draft a real QBOTF. I don't think Stanzi the manzi or Youtube gimmick guy are the answer. Just the fact that they are even considerations is a pure and friggen laughable joke on this front office and this HC. Honestly, it is like a Disney movie plot or something.