ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Electronic Cigarettes anyone? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265085)

pr_capone 10-13-2012 11:43 PM

Electronic Cigarettes anyone?

picked up the starter pack of Blu at Walgreens.

http://www.blucigs.com/

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4059/...75cf8fa979.jpg

So far, its not bad. My cravings for normal cigs have been reduced dramatically. Each cartridge is the equivalent of a pack of smokes and it costs about $10 for a 5 pack of cartridges.

Anyone else using these?

How it works:
http://wiki.blucigs.com/wp-content/u..._cigarette.png

acesn8s 10-13-2012 11:45 PM

I wouldn't want to be tied to an electric outlet all day.

pr_capone 10-13-2012 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acesn8s (Post 9009462)
I wouldn't want to be tied to an electric outlet all day.

LOL

comes with a USB recharger a swell. I can quite literally charge my cigarettes from my tablet. lol

A Salt Weapon 10-13-2012 11:48 PM

I've been toying with this idea as well, let us know how it turns out.
Posted via Mobile Device

acesn8s 10-13-2012 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 9009467)
LOL

comes with a USB recharger a swell. I can quite literally charge my cigarettes from my tablet. lol

So you would be smoking your apple?

dmahurin 10-13-2012 11:52 PM

I bought a smoke 51 brand one about 2 years ago. I used it religiously for a few months but could never quite kick the real ones. It's just sitting around with 4 brand new 5 packs of cartridges. I bust it out every once in a while.

J Diddy 10-13-2012 11:52 PM

I tried them, but didn't have much success. Best of luck.

pr_capone 10-13-2012 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Salt Weapon (Post 9009469)
I've been toying with this idea as well, let us know how it turns out.
Posted via Mobile Device

I have had them for about a week now. I find myself sucking on this thing WAY more than I would a normal cig. I still have about a cartridge and a half after a week.

Not bad though... I gave myself a headache the first day trying to figure out how it works but its old hat by now. It is actually quite nice because now when someone stresses the shit out of me at work I can take a few puffs and de-stress just like if I went outside on a break. No smell, no inhaling carbon, and no having to walk out into the cold.

So far... all win.

Johnny Vegas 10-14-2012 12:20 AM

did them and after a few weeks I got over them as well. If it means anything I went 2 weeks without recharging the e-cig then after the first charge I just quit. Been since late May without a cig. Little help with the e-cig but all in all I did it cold turkey after 15 years of smoking a pack a week.

acesn8s 10-14-2012 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Vegas (Post 9009514)
did them and after a few weeks I got over them as well. If it means anything I went 2 weeks without recharging the e-cig then after the first charge I just quit. Been since late May without a cig. Little help with the e-cig but all in all I did it cold turkey after 15 years of smoking a pack a week.

Quitter.

Johnny Vegas 10-14-2012 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acesn8s (Post 9009516)
Quitter.

shit. **** you. I gained more by quitting than maintaining a disgusting habit. :p

acesn8s 10-14-2012 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Vegas (Post 9009528)
shit. **** you. I gained more by quitting than maintaining a disgusting habit. :p

Oh, OK, what's next? Quit on your team? Your marriage? Chiefsplanet? Are you gonna ****ing quit on us?!? :cuss:

Johnny Vegas 10-14-2012 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acesn8s (Post 9009530)
Oh, OK, what's next? Quit on your team? Your marriage? Chiefsplanet? Are you you ****ing quit on us?!? :cuss:

I ****ING QUIT YOU!

pr_capone 10-14-2012 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Vegas (Post 9009528)

I have no intention of stopping the habit for forcing nicotine into my body... I would likely mow down my entire place of work in a fit of rage if I were not able to smoke.

these e-cigs are hopefully the first step in getting away from inhaling actual smoke though. I'm tired of the "smoker's hack".

acesn8s 10-14-2012 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Vegas (Post 9009531)
I ****ING QUIT YOU!

:sulk:

Johnny Vegas 10-14-2012 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acesn8s (Post 9009533)
:sulk:

don't be a sad panda.

Pants 10-14-2012 12:40 AM

I tried the V2 cig a really long time ago and I thought it was really bad. I got the zero nicotine cartridges and later read on the internet that those are atrocious and the ones with the nicotine are way better. I never bothered to find out for myself, though. Cold turkey is the way to go, man.

Johnny Vegas 10-14-2012 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 9009532)
I have no intention of stopping the habit for forcing nicotine into my body... I would likely mow down my entire place of work in a fit of rage if I were not able to smoke.

these e-cigs are hopefully the first step in getting away from inhaling actual smoke though. I'm tired of the "smoker's hack".

I can't encourage it enough. You should puff on them as long as you want to. They aren't bad for your lungs so you're in the clear. Keep it up and don't break that streak you got going without a cig. After 2 months I can say the cravings are out of my system.

dmahurin 10-14-2012 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 9009532)

You'll still have a hack. You're inhaling water vapor, which puts fluid in your lungs. It's almost like smoking a fog machine.

Mr. Flopnuts 10-14-2012 03:33 AM

I quit smoking for over a month with the aid of an e-cig. Never had a craving. Came home to my house being broken into and that stressed me out enough I said **** it. Been smoking ever since.

JD10367 10-14-2012 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmahurin (Post 9009539)
You'll still have a hack. You're inhaling water vapor, which puts fluid in your lungs. It's almost like smoking a fog machine.

He could smoke a piece of dogshit, and it's still better than smoking a cigarette.

I bought an e-cig for my wife at a local convenience store, which sells them at $10 apiece. It's supposed to have the nicotene of more than two packs of cigs and, with the ridiculous price of cigs, it seemed worth it. She doesn't use it enough, and she still smokes, but every time she uses it is one less time she smokes, so that's good.

TribalElder 10-14-2012 09:25 AM

My girlfriend tried those but continued to relapse.

I quit smoking about two years ago and won't be going back. My method was to use chewing tobacco to get my nicotine for a while then slowly cut back on the chewing. Chewing was easy to quit because it was a nasty hassle for me. Once I was down to about 1 dip per day I was like **** it and quit all together. I trained myself not to smoke by adjusting my behavior during key craving times like in the car or after a meal. The hardest one was getting drunk and not relapsing. I got drunk 3 times at home and didn't smoke then went to the bar and got shitty with smokers around me and made it.

TL;DR **** cigarettes

My gf quit finally thanks to those nasty ass commercials "I'm Tina and I used to be a smoker" tracheotomy infomercials.

Best of luck with quitting

mdchiefsfan 02-10-2013 08:28 AM

Just bought the V2 cigarettes for my gf and I they have a special up until Valentine's Day for a couples pack that comes with 4 batteries, 20 cartridges, and 2 chargers for $99.99 I put in a code, review20, and got 20% off my entire purchase.

I'm super pumped because I think this will work. I've done a bunch of research and am really anxious to get this started.

Are you keeping up with it pr?

rad 02-10-2013 08:45 AM

I use Greensmoke E-cigs

http://www.greensmoke.com/catalog/gr...t/prod_15.html

R8RFAN 02-10-2013 09:27 AM

My buddy was a smoker and he swears by these e cigs