ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs How attractive do the Chiefs jobs become if the get the 1st pick of the draft? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265676)

Mr. Laz 10-25-2012 10:41 AM

How attractive do the Chiefs jobs become if they get the 1st pick of the draft?

If everyone knows the Chiefs are drafting first and can pick any player/QB they want.

vs

If they win 5 games and are picking 8-ish

(if Pioli is still here) How much does it mean for a new HC?

(if clean house) How much does it mean for a new GM and HC?

King_Chief_Fan 10-25-2012 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 9048278)
If everyone knows the Chiefs are drafting first and can pick any player/QB they want.

vs

If they win 5 games and are picking 8-ish

(if Pioli is still here) How much does it mean for a new HC?

(if clean house) How much does it mean for a new GM and HC?

With fans booing players, banners being flown over head, media frenzy about Pioli.... who would want to come and coach this laughing stock?
I think we can plan that Pioli and Crennel are both here for next season.

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-25-2012 10:49 AM

I disagree. With a house cleaning and the option to draft Smith, we are VERY desireable.

FlaChief58 10-25-2012 10:49 AM

If Pioli is still here, Grandpa will be too. If Clark cleans house, I think the job would be pretty attractive

HayWire 10-25-2012 10:53 AM

Even if Chunt cleans house, KC is still a small market. It's going to be hard to get any big name GM or HC. Chunt is going to have to get lucky and find that diamond in the rough IMO.

Imon Yourside 10-25-2012 10:53 AM

<iframe width="854" height="510" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9BQnQYACNDY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Chiefnj2 10-25-2012 10:56 AM

When Scott first took the job wasn't there an article about the little things Pioli was doing like no longer using color copies for meetings and printing on both sides of the page? I don't know if the GM still controls things like that, but if so, I can't imagine the job being too attractive. I want the GM to focus on football, not saving pennies by comparing Staples ink prices to what he can find on Amazon.

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-25-2012 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9048314)
When Scott first took the job wasn't there an article about the little things Pioli was doing like no longer using color copies for meetings and printing on both sides of the page? I don't know if the GM still controls things like that, but if so, I can't imagine the job being too attractive. I want the GM to focus on football, not saving pennies by comparing Staples ink prices to what he can find on Amazon.

LMAO Great job, Scott.

htismaqe 10-25-2012 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 9048308)
<iframe width="854" height="510" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9BQnQYACNDY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I wouldn't kick her out of bed for eating ice cream...

Rausch 10-25-2012 11:13 AM

KC will be picking in the top 5.

That you can count on. It will happen.

I've always had the preference of having a GM with an override clause and a HC with more say...

ChiefMojo 10-25-2012 11:15 AM

I would give that blonde a little vanilla ice cream!

Easy 6 10-25-2012 11:15 AM

Quote:

Count wins, not beans.

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-25-2012 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9048390)
Count wins, not beans.

He should count the hairs on his FAIL ass.

Woodchuck 10-25-2012 11:21 AM

It's not attractive at all. It would probably only be attractive to a first time head coach.

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-25-2012 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsponge Chuckpants (Post 9048408)
It's not attractive at all. It would probably only be attractive to a first time head coach.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Are you just being obstinate for the sake of being obstinate?

MIAdragon 10-25-2012 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefMojo (Post 9048387)

It seems she likes chocolate. Her daddy is going to be pissed with all that shit in his RangeRover.

Chief_For_Life58 10-25-2012 11:28 AM

egoli gone kc becomes the 9ers of last year with a fired up new gm/hc/qb...clark has to see this

Chief_For_Life58 10-25-2012 11:30 AM

the amount of yardage jamal could run for with a qb that could throw it downfield is rediculous. he is the perfect running back for a deep thrower...hes so damn fast he would eat up yards like fat people eat dessert

the Talking Can 10-25-2012 11:30 AM

if you want a big name retread (walrus, gruden, the chin) pioli has to go...they won't work with a phony asshole loser, and they have the weight to say so

if pioli stays, it really doesn't matter because we're ****ed...he's an incompetent phony asshole loser...

if pioli stays, having the #1 pick and a presumed mandate to draft a QB should be enticing to a first time coach as a)they'd get say in the QB (hopefully) and b) the grace period of the QBs 'learning curve' (though maybe Rivera would like to chime in on that...)

Rausch 10-25-2012 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9048440)
if pioli stays, having the #1 pick and a presumed mandate...

If Pioli stays there is no mandate.

That idea is imaginary.

He's following Lamar's plan.

He gives complete trust in a man to run his team until he doesn't.

If Pioli is here HE'S HERE...

bricks 10-25-2012 11:38 AM

Good question Laz. Who really knows? Im not certain if attractiveness has to do with the 1st overall pick. I think attractiveness towards an organization is determined by other factors.

Part of me thinks that attractiveness towards an organization is based on reputation. Or it could even be towards stuff like ownership credibility?

What bothers me the most is that this organization has had a losing reputation for the last 7, 8 years and seemingly so an absentee owner who does not get heavily involved nor has a winning first mentality. With that being said, I don't get the feel of KC being an attractive destination for a lot of the management executives across the league for those reasons.

As far as coaches go, I think attractiveness is due to their relationship/ties with the management staff. I mean we are seeing it now with all these Patriot trees/connections to Pioli(Daboll & Crennel). I would like to think that would same case situation if we decided to bring a new GM here.

the Talking Can 10-25-2012 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9048458)
If Pioli stays there is no mandate.

That idea is imaginary.

He's following Lamar's plan.

He gives complete trust in a man to run his team until he doesn't.

If Pioli is here HE'S HERE...

it's pretty clear (to me) we're drafting a QB next year with (likely) or without pioli...

Clark's a pussy and cheap ass and a loser, but he's not reeruned like black boob...the only thing that is going resolve anything in the short term is a QB

CoMoChief 10-25-2012 11:42 AM

The job would be attractive.....it's not a total rebuilding going on here.

Just a franchise QB....a lil Dline help and we're set.

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-25-2012 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9048495)
The job would be attractive.....it's not a total rebuilding going on here.

Just a franchise QB....a lil Dline help and we're set.

Back to a 4-3, please.

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-25-2012 11:44 AM

Remember when Clay posted a dumbass picture of Cassel leading everyone off the bus and in to camp, with a caption about...

"They see us rollin' and they be hatin"?

Good FAIL, Good FAIL...

Rausch 10-25-2012 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9048487)
it's pretty clear (to me) we're drafting a QB next year with (likely) or without pioli...

Based on what?

And even if true why the **** would we want Pioli drafting our QBOTF?...

Easy 6 10-25-2012 11:47 AM

Quote:

Am i just too old to get it, or is that just ****ing pointless & stupid?

the Talking Can 10-25-2012 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9048500)
Based on what?

And even if true why the **** would we want Pioli drafting our QBOTF?...

cassel is gone, and pioli's failure beyond any argument

there is no other option..it is happening

and I can't do anything about pioli being here or not (though I hope the people in kc can), so I'm going eagerly await the QB

and first round QBs get coaches and GMs fired (because you don't blame the QB unless it is Russell..lol)...the QB will be here longer than pioli

man you guys are downers...I am up with people today

CoMoChief 10-25-2012 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthPioliSatan (Post 9048497)
Back to a 4-3, please.

Now that WOULD require a full rebuild...at least in the front 7.....not wise at this point when you have 2 stud OLB's and a MLB who seems to finally get it and is playing at a all pro level from not being able to succeed in a 4-3.

The 3-4 is not out dated.....the kind of 3-4 we play IS outdated....need to attack more at the LOS. We don't do that....

soopamanluva 10-25-2012 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9048505)

youre not to old....

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-25-2012 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9048511)

and I can't do anything about pioli being here or not (though I hope the people in kc can), so I'm going eagerly await the QB

and first round QBs get coaches and GMs fired (because you don't blame the QB unless it is Russell..lol)...the QB will be here longer than pioli

man you guys are downers...I am up with people today

This. :clap:LMAO

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9048523)
Now that WOULD require a full rebuild...at least in the front 7.....not wise at this point when you have 2 stud OLB's and a MLB who seems to finally get it and is playing at a all pro level from not being able to succeed in a 4-3.

The 3-4 is not out dated.....the kind of 3-4 we play IS outdated....need to attack more at the LOS. We don't do that....

Perhaps.....

Rausch 10-25-2012 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9048511)

No, it's not.

Pioli IS the failure.

WE WILL NOT LET THIS HAPPEN...

RustShack 10-25-2012 11:59 AM

I don't think it makes us much more attractive. Its not like a QB like Andrew Luck or Peyton Manning will be available. Plus Pioli will still be here too.

Really to land a guy like Mike Holmgren, Clark will have to be the one who does it. He will also have to assure him that its his team, like what he did for Herm when Carl was here.

Woodchuck 10-25-2012 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthPioliSatan (Post 9048414)
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Are you just being obstinate for the sake of being obstinate?

No, who wants to coach the shittiest team in the league? How many times did drafting #1 work out for HCs lately? They are usually three years and done. Even when they get a decent first round QB.

ToxSocks 10-25-2012 12:21 PM

If we win 3 games or less, the house gets cleaned. If we're in the 5-7 range, Pioli and Crennel will stay, QB will the be scapegoat (It's the only one Pioli has left) and a new QB will be drafted, Pioli extended, and 3 more years of development time will be bought.

DeezNutz 10-25-2012 12:23 PM

Quote:

Was he doing this of his own volition or because of demands by Clark?

threebag 10-25-2012 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefMojo (Post 9048387)

She's only seventeen

bricks 10-25-2012 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9048594)
If we win 3 games or less, the house gets cleaned. If we're in the 5-7 range, Pioli and Crennel will stay, QB will the be scapegoat (It's the only one Pioli has left) and a new QB will be drafted, Pioli extended, and 3 more years of development time will be bought.

I feel optimistic that the Chiefs could win 3 games. I think its very possible considering they have one of the worst coaching staffs in the league.

But, who knows if that would be enough to get either the 1st or 2nd pick in the draft?

whoman69 10-25-2012 12:43 PM

I am of the opinion that first time head coaches are the best hires. I would never hire someone who had already won a Super Bowl so I don't know how valid the question really is.

I think the fact that we would be drafting a QB in round one would show this isn't the same old Chiefs.

Titty Meat 10-25-2012 12:52 PM

Quote:

That girl was cute and had an awesome sense of humor.

I wonder if she's 18?

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/2631/obamahmmw.png

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-25-2012 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9048594)

BOO! SUCK!

Frosty 10-25-2012 01:19 PM

I really think both Pioli and Crennel will be back next year, regardless of the record (note - this is NOT what I want to happen). Crennel will be given another year to continue to "change the culture" from Haley's team (with the real reason being that Hunt doesn't want to be on the hook for paying him for the last two years of his contract along with a new coach's salary). According to TBG, Pioli has already been extended with Hunt being more involved in keeping an eye on him.

They will draft a QB (not necessarily a 1st round one) and there will be shake ups in the coaching staff including adding a full time DC. Then, when the record is still bad next season, it will because of growing pains of a young QB, who "just needs more weapons and the stability of the coaching staff" and everyone will still be here the season after that.

We'll be in Pioli hell for at least two more seasons, if not longer. :(

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-25-2012 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 9048777)
I really think both Pioli and Crennel will be back next year, regardless of the record (note - this is NOT what I want to happen). Crennel will be given another year to continue to "change the culture" from Haley's team (with the real reason being that Hunt doesn't want to be on the hook for paying him for the last two years of his contract along with a new coach's salary). According to TBG, Pioli has already been extended with Hunt being more involved in keeping an eye on him.

They will draft a QB (not necessarily a 1st round one) and there will be shake ups in the coaching staff including adding a full time DC. Then, when the record is still bad next season, it will because of growing pains of a young QB, who "just needs more weapons and the stability of the coaching staff" and everyone will still be here the season after that.

We'll be in Pioli hell for at least two more seasons, if not longer. :(

BOO! SUCK!

Frosty 10-25-2012 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthPioliSatan (Post 9048790)
BOO! SUCK!

It does.

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-25-2012 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 9048804)
It does.

Then it's up to us to continue embracing the suck and fostering the hate.

HATE ON.

Frosty 10-25-2012 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthPioliSatan (Post 9048808)
Then it's up to us to continue embracing the suck and fostering the hate.

HATE ON.

Don't worry about that. I've been hating on Pioli since it was announced that he was hired.

I just don't think that Hunt is going to want to pay millions of dollars of the guaranteed salaries on top of the salaries of a new GM and new coach.

Plus, most coaches get at least two years (even Rich Kotite, one of the worst ever).

Imon Yourside 10-25-2012 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9048505)

You don't think she looks good with white all over her face?

Chief Roundup 10-25-2012 05:35 PM

I would think it would be nice leverage. That way the GM and HC could change the direction of the franchise how they deemed fit.