ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football AFC - 6 games left (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266812)

Mile High Mania 11-19-2012 11:14 AM

AFC - 6 games left

So, here you go... a chance to say "screw you, we don't care about football and thanks for being an a** for posing this thread".

We're 6 games from the end of the season and if the playoffs were today, it would look like this for the AFC.

#1: Texans 9-1 (3 games up)
#2: Ravens 8-2 (2 games up)
#3: Patriots 7-3 (3 games up)
#4: Broncos 7-3 (3 games up)
#5: Colts 6-4 (2 behind HOU)
#6: Steelers 6-4 (2 behind BAL)

Texans and Ravens have the bye.
Steelers @ Patriots / Colts @ Broncos

A lot can happen in the final 6 games and check out the remaining schedules, Denver can make a move to the top 1-2 spots if they do this right. It helps that NE loses Gronk for a month and there are some tough games left for those top 3 teams.

It will be interesting to see how INDY plays out the rest of their games, Houston has a tough stretch... there's not a whole lot of distance within the seedings as they stand today. Denver needs to hold tight, win 4-5 of the 6 and then hope that the others knock each other out a bit. It would be great to vault up into that 1-2 seed area. We'll see though... anything can happen and injuries are starting to sneak up.

Patriots - 2 tough road games, should win rest
@ Jets
@ Dolphins
Texans
49ers
@ Jags
Dolphins

Texans - tough road schedule. Pats are tough, Colts?, Vikings? Lions?
@ Lions
@ Titans
@ Patriots
Colts
Vikings
@ Colts

Ravens - tough games vs teams in Red - how about RGIII?
@ Chargers
Steelers
@ Redskins
Broncos
Giants
@Bengals

Broncos - easiest remaining schedule, tough games vs Bucs and @ BAL
@ Chiefs
Bucs
@ Raiders
@ Ravens
Browns
Chiefs

How do you guys see things shaping up? The Bengals are the only team above .500 in that race for the #6 spot. A few teams - Jets, Titans and Chargers are still alive... but barely.

Bengals are waiting for the Steelers and Colts to stumble, but CIN has a few tough games as well.

Rain Man 11-19-2012 11:17 AM

According to cdcox, the Chiefs can still win the division, so I think we should keep them in the mix. Next week's game is critical, though.

loochy 11-19-2012 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9133181)
According to cdcox, the Chiefs can still win the division, so I think we should keep them in the mix. Next week's game is critical, though.

If they just play hard and use homefield advantage while eliminating turnovers and scoring more points than the other team, they can win.

Deberg_1990 11-19-2012 11:21 AM

I thought the Texans only had 1 loss?

Nzoner 11-19-2012 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 9133170)

#1: Texans 8-2 (3 games up)

Wishful thinking or did you not look at the standings?

Mile High Mania 11-19-2012 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9133202)
I thought the Texans only had 1 loss?

Good catch, I just hit the wrong numbers when looking at what I wrote.

keg in kc 11-19-2012 11:23 AM

I don't think the Ravens are actually very good. That defense is a shadow of its former self. I would not be surprised to see them either stumble (Patriots take #2) or make an early exit in January.

The Colts will be interesting to see. I expected what happened yesterday, Belichick versus a rookie is just asking for trouble, even if it is Luck. I don't think they'll catch Houston, but they might stick for the wildcard. Luck versus Manning would be a great story...

If the other game holds true, I think the Patriots put a complete clown suit on the Steelers, especially if Roethlisberger's injury lingers. I'm not very impressed by Pittsburgh at this point.

I think Houston's the team to beat if they stay healthy.

Mile High Mania 11-19-2012 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 9133205)
Wishful thinking or did you not look at the standings?

Minor mistype...

Buehler445 11-19-2012 11:24 AM

Unless the Bengals make a run at it or the top 6 shitting their pants, I'd say this is how it is going to be in the AFC. The NFC is still pretty wide open.

Jets Dolphins Bills are all shit terrible. Sandy Eggo could come on late, but I think that shit ship has sailed. The Faid and us are ass. Tennessee and Jax aren't doing anything. Cinci might make a run, but they're not good, they only beat us by 3 touchdowns, and Cleveland is junk.

Looks pretty set. Texans might end up out without a bye, and those cocksucking donkos might end up with one.

Mile High Mania 11-19-2012 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9133214)
I don't think the Ravens are actually very good. That defense is a shadow of its former self. I would not be surprised to see them either stumble (Patriots take #2) or make an early exit in January.

The Colts will be interesting to see. I expected what happened yesterday, Belichick versus a rookie is just asking for trouble, even if it is Luck. I don't think they'll catch Houston, but they might stick for the wildcard. Luck versus Manning would be a great story...

If the other game holds true, I think the Patriots put a complete clown suit on the Steelers, especially if Roethlisberger's injury lingers. I'm not very impressed by Pittsburgh at this point.

I think Houston's the team to beat if they stay healthy.

True - they've built a good team. I'd like to see it play out as the seeding is listed now. Manning bounces Luck and his former team in Round 1, then they do whatever is necessary to meet HOU in the AFC Title game.

Nzoner 11-19-2012 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 9133224)

Looks pretty set. Texans might end up out without a bye, and those cocksucking donkos might end up with one.

Texans did travel to Denver earlier this season and won though,so they have the H2H in their favor.

Mile High Mania 11-19-2012 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 9133224)
Unless the Bengals make a run at it or the top 6 shitting their pants, I'd say this is how it is going to be in the AFC. The NFC is still pretty wide open.

Jets Dolphins Bills are all shit terrible. Sandy Eggo could come on late, but I think that shit ship has sailed. The Faid and us are ass. Tennessee and Jax aren't doing anything. Cinci might make a run, but they're not good, they only beat us by 3 touchdowns, and Cleveland is junk.

That 3 game lead with HOU over IND is interesting, esp considering they play twice in the final six. HOU has a tough stretch with those 4 road games.

Colts are 6-4 with:

Bills
@ Lions
Titans
@ Texans
@ Chiefs
Texans

They should beat Bills, Titans and Chiefs - 9 wins... DET isn't great and hey, if they can split with HOU - who knows?

Mile High Mania 11-19-2012 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 9133239)
Texans did travel to Denver earlier this season and won though,so they have the H2H in their favor.

All true ... the #2 seed gets a bye too.

HOU has a lot on the line in the final 6 as INDY is breathing down their necks with a relatively nice schedule.

Buehler445 11-19-2012 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 9133239)

Donks play us twice :D

Really though, AFAIC just getting in the playoffs is what's important. #1 seed and homefield hasn't worked out real well in recent history.

Nzoner 11-19-2012 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 9133247)
All true ... the #2 seed gets a bye too.

HOU has a lot on the line in the final 6 as INDY is breathing down their necks with a relatively nice schedule.

Yep and the Gronk injury to the Pats could be huge.

Buehler445 11-19-2012 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 9133252)
Yep and the Gronk injury to the Pats could be huge.

To me the Gronk injury hurts more IN the playoffs than getting there. He was hobbled up last year and it was pretty detrimental to their team.

Easy 6 11-19-2012 11:34 AM

Wrong, there are ZERO games left.

Its ALL about next year over here.

Mile High Mania 11-19-2012 11:36 AM

I doubt the Texans fall apart at this point, but it could get very interesting in that division... with 2 of the 3 vs each other, these next 3 games are HUGE for both teams.

Colts -
Bills
@ Lions
Titans
@ Texans
@ Chiefs
Texans

Texans -
@ Lions
@ Titans
@ Patriots
Colts
Vikings
@ Colts

Mile High Mania 11-19-2012 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 9133257)
To me the Gronk injury hurts more IN the playoffs than getting there. He was hobbled up last year and it was pretty detrimental to their team.

Yeah, but I think he's listed as 4-6 weeks at this point - which puts him back into the lineup when the playoffs start. They have a nice lead and should do enough to retain the division with Gronk out. Means guys like Lloyd have to step up.

ChiefMojo 11-19-2012 11:41 AM

Actually the Broncos are up 4 games as they own the tie breaker against the Chargers. The Bolts are NOT making the playoffs!

Deberg_1990 11-19-2012 11:50 AM

Very curious to see how Schaub performs in the playoffs. I dont think he has ever started a playoff game? TJ Yates has more playoff expereince.

Deberg_1990 11-19-2012 12:01 PM

heh, the Texans must be the "quietest" 9-1 team ever. I think alot of it has to do with them being overshadowed by the Cowboys in a good portion of the State. Ive got friends in Houston who hate the Texans but love the Cowboys.....go figure.

And what a shootout in Texas it was. Houston quarterback Matt Schaub throws for 527 yards and five touchdowns, tying Warren Moon for the second-most passing yardage ever in a game. Texans all-world receiver Andre Johnson quiets his doubters with a monster 14-catch, 273-yard game, including the game-winning 48-yard touchdown in overtime

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz2Ch0T588I

MahiMike 11-19-2012 12:04 PM

I'm thinking the Steelers miss the dance this year because of us! Colts I predicted at beginning of the year. Who takes Steelers spot? Bengals?

Dave Lane 11-19-2012 12:28 PM

congrats on winning the West. Its over now.

Mile High Mania 11-19-2012 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9133347)
heh, the Texans must be the "quietest" 9-1 team ever. I think alot of it has to do with them being overshadowed by the Cowboys in a good portion of the State. Ive got friends in Houston who hate the Texans but love the Cowboys.....go figure.

And what a shootout in Texas it was. Houston quarterback Matt Schaub throws for 527 yards and five touchdowns, tying Warren Moon for the second-most passing yardage ever in a game. Texans all-world receiver Andre Johnson quiets his doubters with a monster 14-catch, 273-yard game, including the game-winning 48-yard touchdown in overtime

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz2Ch0T588I

Yeah, I am definitely going to watch the replay of that game when it happens... if you love offense, sounds like one you'll want to watch.

cdcox 11-19-2012 01:13 PM

I'll update files.nfl-forecast.com tomorrow night, and it will tell you everything you want to know.

Nzoner 11-19-2012 02:06 PM

ESPN reports Willis McGahee has been diagnosed with a torn MCL, and will be sidelined 6-8 weeks.
FOX's Jay Glazer reports McGahee is also dealing with a broken leg. It's a huge blow for the Broncos' humming offense, and ends McGahee's regular season. The playoffs begin six weeks from this Sunday. Players placed on injured reserve are not eligible for the postseason, so it's possible the Broncos will hold off on officially ending McGahee's year. Ronnie Hillman is now the Broncos' early-down back, with the lead-footed Lance Ball in line to handle passing downs. The Broncos will work out free agents on Tuesday. One month removed from his 31st birthday, McGahee is under contract for an affordable $2.5 million next season, but there's no guarantee he'll be back.

Mile High Mania 11-19-2012 02:08 PM

Ouch indeed... Good thing the schedule is weak for the most part going forward, hopefully it gives Hillman time to get up and going.

Mile High Mania 11-26-2012 09:41 AM

So, now there are 5 games left...

So, here's the update - and thanks SD for really letting the Ravens off the hook yesterday. PIT is sliding, as many expected and I believe CIN will take their place in due time.

DEN didn't blow out KC, but an ugly win is still a win ... those happen.

#1: Texans 10-1 (3 games up)
#2: Ravens 9-2 (3 games up)
#3: Patriots 8-3 (3 games up)
#4: Broncos 8-3 (5 games up*, 4 really but they swept SD)
#5: Colts 7-4 (3 behind HOU)
#6: Steelers 6-5 (3 behind BAL, trouble with CIN at 6-5)

Nothing has changed at this point regarding the seeding.
Texans and Ravens have the bye.
Steelers @ Patriots / Colts @ Broncos

Patriots - 2 tough road games, should win rest
@ Dolphins
Texans
49ers
@ Jags
Dolphins

Texans - tough road schedule. Pats are tough, Colts?, Vikings? Lions?
@ Titans
@ Patriots
Colts
Vikings
@ Colts

Ravens - tough games vs teams in Red - how about RGIII?
Steelers
@ Redskins
Broncos
Giants
@Bengals

Broncos - easiest remaining schedule, tough games vs Bucs and @ BAL
Bucs
@ Raiders
@ Ravens
Browns
Chiefs

If Denver is going to move from #4 to #2, they need to beat BAL and hold their remaining games - and they need NE to slip up once. Not totally unrealistic.

Buck 11-26-2012 10:03 AM

pretty sure no1curr

notorious 11-26-2012 10:08 AM

This is going to be the most anti-climatic last 1/4 of the season in NFL history.

The division leaders are all comfortably ahead.

Mile High Mania 11-26-2012 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9153353)
pretty sure no1curr

I understand why... I could either sit and watch the pity parties, just ignore the site or throw out something related to football. I chose the latter.

Mile High Mania 11-26-2012 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9153363)
This is going to be the most anti-climatic last 1/4 of the season in NFL history.

Yeah, the only real drama is with the potential seeding flips and that final spot with PIT falling apart.

#1 Bronco's Fan 11-27-2012 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9153363)

Even the NFC is pretty anti-climatic.

ChiefGator 11-27-2012 04:19 AM

First off, screw you, we don't care about football and thanks for being an a** for posing this thread.

Secondly, we are winning the championship this year. The championship for the #1 overall draft pick. CHAMPIONS BABY!!

AussieChiefsFan 11-27-2012 05:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefGator (Post 9155977)
First off, screw you, we don't care about football and thanks for being an a** for posing this thread.

Secondly, we are winning the championship this year. The championship for the #1 overall draft pick. CHAMPIONS BABY!!

We're in 1st place.... from the back.