ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Next year's back up QB (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266873)

RealSNR 11-20-2012 10:41 AM

Next year's back up QB

I don't think we should draft two QBs this year. At least not two high-pick QBs.

Draft Geno Smith at #1 overall, yes. But then either consider a throwaway 6th/7th round guy or go find somebody else. Our new franchise guy is going to need as much help as he can get in his first year. If that 3rd/4th round pick can be spent on a guy like Shayne Skov at ILB or Robert Lester at S, it eliminates the need to continue trotting out garbage, or finding crap free agents like Elam or Routt.

My dream scenario is to draft Geno, keep Stanzi, and sign Bruce Gradkowski in free agency. There needs to be SOME kind of veteran on that squad- it can't be all 100% developmental guys.

Smith
Gradkowski
Stanzi

That's a solid group of QBs, one that looks forward to the future. If we really need another young prospect, we should look to the draft next year.

durtyrute 11-20-2012 10:43 AM

My name is Durtyrute and I approve of this message.

*Edit* I don't really care who the vet is, just as long as we get one with some ****ing talent.

Hootie 11-20-2012 10:45 AM

we should draft BQBA in the 1st and the 3rd or 4th (like the Redskins) and go from there. Have the two young guys push each other...if the 3rd round young guy flashes (circa Cousins) then you have trade bait or a backup plan if you get Gabbert'ed by the 1st round guy.

Chief Roundup 11-20-2012 10:47 AM

I like the idea of Hasselback as the true vet that has had success as the backup.
Not trying to pick on Stanzi but geez if you can't even get a look when Cassel or Quinn are both the very definition of suck and this is his 3rd year here. Time to move on.

BossChief 11-20-2012 10:48 AM

Geno and Ricky should both be here (unless Ricky just cant make the roster) and Id like to see someone like Matt Moore, Drew Stanton or even Tavaris Jackson get a shot as the vet.

That would round out a pretty damn good QB group.

loochy 11-20-2012 10:48 AM

F the Stanzi. If he's so bad that he can't get in with the group we have now, just forget it.

DaKCMan AP 11-20-2012 10:50 AM

He's healthy and looking for work. I wouldn't be against bringing him to camp.

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports...id-garrard.jpg

The Poz 11-20-2012 10:51 AM

Take your pick of available QB free agents:

Luke McCown – ATL
Joe Flacco – BAL
Tarvaris Jackson – BUF
Tyler Thigpen – BUF
Derek Anderson – CAR
Jason Campbell – CHI
Josh McCown – CHI
Bruce Gradkowski – CIN
Drew Stanton – IND
Brady Quinn – KC
Pat Devlin – MIA – (Ex)
Matt Moore – MIA
Chase Daniel – NO
David Carr – NYG
Matt Leinart – OAK
Charlie Batch – PIT
Byron Leftwich – PIT
Kellen Clemens – STL
Rex Grossman – WAS

Lex Luthor 11-20-2012 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9136244)
we should draft BQBA in the 1st and the 3rd or 4th (like the Redskins) and go from there. Have the two young guys push each other...if the 3rd round young guy flashes (circa Cousins) then you have trade bait or a backup plan if you get Gabbert'ed by the 1st round guy.

Completely agree.

It's not like it would be the first time a team drafted two quarterbacks in the same year, and what team needs it more than the Chiefs?

Some examples off the top of my head:

Cowboys: Troy Aikman and Steve Walsh
Redskins: Heath Shuler and Gus Frerrotte
Redskins: RG3 and Kirk Cousins

I'm sure there are lots of others.

BossChief 11-20-2012 10:54 AM

David Gerrard would be a nice sign n play guy, but I dont think it would be wise to invest much into him on a 2 or 3 year deal with his back issues. Once a player starts having back issues, they almost never go away. Its too bad, because I like his skill set a lot and he would be a better fit than the other guys I mentioned.

durtyrute 11-20-2012 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9136250)
I like the idea of Hasselback as the true vet that has had success as the backup.
Not trying to pick on Stanzi but geez if you can't even get a look when Cassel or Quinn are both the very definition of suck and this is his 3rd year here. Time to move on.

Playing Stanzi now would be officially throwing in the towel and even though the whole team/world knows we are done, they are not going to admit it just yet. Now, if he doesn't play a few games by the end of the season, well then..........

http://www.rottenecards.com/ecards/R...tb4cpvn8nm.png

Rausch 11-20-2012 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by durtyrute (Post 9136286)
Playing Stanzi now would be officially throwing in the towel...

You only throw in the towel when you feel there's a fighter worth saving...

Predarat 11-20-2012 10:57 AM

Hasselbeck has done a good job with Jake Locker, he is under contract for another year but the Titans have an up and coming backup in Rustyyyyy Smith. He may be had for a mid to low draft pick, or will possibly be waved in the offseason. Though the Titans do have plenty of cap space.

BossChief 11-20-2012 11:03 AM

We aren't trading a cup of coffee for a 85 year old quarterback when there are better options out there that wouldn't cost a DP.

Chief Roundup 11-20-2012 11:05 AM

Quote:

Playing Stanzi now would be officially throwing in the towel and even though the whole team/world knows we are done, they are not going to admit it just yet. Now, if he doesn't play a few games by the end of the season, well then..........

Well we are out of it and anyone being honest knows that. Maybe not mathematically but we now. So lets see if they even try to get Stanzi any time. I doubt it.

durtyrute 11-20-2012 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9136318)
Well we are out of it and anyone being honest knows that. Maybe not mathematically but we now. So lets see if they even try to get Stanzi any time. I doubt it.

Of course we are, but the coach isn't going to say that just yet. He's still trying to "right the ship" and all of that b.s.

I want to play Stanzi more that just about anyone, but it probably won't happen till like three or four games to go.

keg in kc 11-20-2012 11:10 AM

I agree. High pick, vet and Stanzi to carry jocks.

Chief_For_Life58 11-20-2012 11:14 AM

why does stanzi even warrant a roster spot at this point? he hasent shown dick. cut his worthless ass n draft another 5 th rounder to be 3rd string

RealSNR 11-20-2012 11:16 AM

Ya'll are underrating Gradkowski by a lot.

He'll do exactly what a backup QB should do. Keep everybody's heads above water and bide his time until a definitive play can be made that will win the game.

And he's not exactly an old fart. If Geno Smith should get injured, Gradkowski has a good shot at playing pretty well. That's trade bait.

RealSNR 11-20-2012 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief_For_Life58 (Post 9136336)
why does stanzi even warrant a roster spot at this point? he hasent shown dick. cut his worthless ass n draft another 5 th rounder to be 3rd string

Because he'd be a 3rd ****ing string.

Some of you act like your 3rd string QB should be as good as other teams' starters.

You never invest anything too expensive in your 3rd string QB. Ever. You do like the Packers do and occasionally draft a 6th or 7th round guy and let him sit on the bench a long time. If he shows promise in practice, then you promote him. If not, then you cut him.

Stanzi was a 5th round pick, but he's here. So keep him on. Don't invest another draft pick into a player who is not supposed to ever see the field as long as he sits at 3rd string.

BossChief 11-20-2012 11:21 AM

Seriously, if they aren't gonna at least play Stanzi for 2-3 games before the end of the year, why don't they just cut his ass and start with a clean slate at QB next year. We will be starting with a new coaching staff and that means a third playbook for the kid to learn anyways...throw his ass out there with enough time to give him an evaluation to see if he deserves a roster spot next year or not.

Its not like he can be much worse than Quinn or Cassel.

The ONLY downside to playing the kid is that he could **** up our chances of getting Geno Smith.

The Franchise 11-20-2012 11:23 AM

Drew ****ing Stanton

http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs3/1477534_o.gif

BossChief 11-20-2012 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9136348)
Ya'll are underrating Gradkowski by a lot.

He'll do exactly what a backup QB should do. Keep everybody's heads above water and bide his time until a definitive play can be made that will win the game.

And he's not exactly an old fart. If Geno Smith should get injured, Gradkowski has a good shot at playing pretty well. That's trade bait.

We usually agree on most things on here, but man....that guy is crap.

He has never completed 55% of his throws in a year...is 6-14 as a starter...has 21 tds to 44 combined ints and fumbles...

I just dont know what you see in the guy.

The Franchise 11-20-2012 11:27 AM

Smith
Stanton
Stanzi

The Killer Sssssssss.

RealSNR 11-20-2012 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9136366)
We usually agree on most things on here, but man....that guy is crap.

He has never completed 55% of his throws in a year...is 6-14 as a starter...has 21 tds to 44 combined ints and fumbles...

I just dont know what you see in the guy.

I had no idea his stats were that bad. Yikes.

I guess the two games I've seen him play for the Bucs were anomalies, then? He looked pretty good when I saw him last time he was starting.

RealSNR 11-20-2012 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9136368)
Smith
Stanton
Stanzi

The Killer Sssssssss.

We could call them the Charmers. Like snakes. Sssssssss.

To go along with the Killer Bs.

Any other animal names we can use to describe our top players at one position?

Chief Roundup 11-20-2012 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9136368)
Smith
Stanton
Stanzi

The Killer Sssssssss.

Stanton has never done shit. We need a backup that has at least accomplished something.

durtyrute 11-20-2012 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9136372)
We could call them the Charmers. Like snakes. Sssssssss.

To go along with the Killer Bs.

Any other animal names we can use to describe our top players at one position?

Yea....charmers.........yea...........that's .........well, that's ghey.
NTTAWWT

RealSNR 11-20-2012 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9136375)
Stanton has never done shit. We need a backup that has at least accomplished something.

Mark Sanchez has won playoff games :evil:

RealSNR 11-20-2012 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by durtyrute (Post 9136376)
Yea....charmers.........yea...........that's .........well, that's ghey.
NTTAWWT

:harumph:

The Franchise 11-20-2012 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9136375)

When has he been given the chance to show anything?

durtyrute 11-20-2012 11:34 AM

What do you consider a chance?

RealSNR 11-20-2012 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Poz (Post 9136274)

Luke McCown – ATL
Joe Flacco – BAL
Tarvaris Jackson – BUF
Tyler Thigpen – BUF
Derek Anderson – CAR
Jason Campbell – CHI
Josh McCown – CHI
Bruce Gradkowski – CIN
Drew Stanton – IND
Brady Quinn – KC
Pat Devlin – MIA – (Ex)
Matt Moore – MIA
Chase Daniel – NO
David Carr – NYG
Matt Leinart – OAK
Charlie Batch – PIT
Byron Leftwich – PIT
Kellen Clemens – STL
Rex Grossman – WAS

I guess if Gradkowski sucks, the obvious choice is Moore. However, it's possible that some franchise will be stupid enough to sign him on to be their starter. If not, then Miami's almost certainly going to want him back and will give him a deal that will satisfy him.

RealSNR 11-20-2012 11:38 AM

Also, for those who want to go the draft-two-QBs route:

Would you be opposed to the strategy I mentioned in the OP as long as the Chiefs took a 3rd/4th round QB in 2014 instead?

The Franchise 11-20-2012 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9136389)

Would you be opposed to the strategy I mentioned in the OP as long as the Chiefs took a 3rd/4th round QB in 2014 instead?

Nope. Take Smith in the 1st and draft a developmental QB in the 3rd/4th round range. Someone like a Logan Thomas if he comes out. Work on his accuracy and let him sit for a couple of years.

Chief Roundup 11-20-2012 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9136380)
When has he been given the chance to show anything?

Well when you are 3rd string behind Dan Orlovsky and or Shaun Hill you have to do you showing in practice and training camp because those guys are not very good.
Stanton has played in 12 games with a 55.6 completion percentage while throwing 5 TDs and 9 INTs.

WV 11-20-2012 11:46 AM

I was on board with the draft two QB's, but realistically it just doesn't make sense. If you draft a guy in the top 5 then he is your guy for the foreseeable future, a late round guy would be a waste. A undrafted Rookie FA would accomplish the same thing IMO.

Now that it's fairly certain (god willing) that Cassel is gone, we really need to get Stanzi in some games to see if he has anything to offer. That way we have a better picture going into the draft and next year regarding the QB situation.

Chief Roundup 11-20-2012 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9136389)

Yes, but what if an immature Tyler Bray comes out and falls to the 3rd. I think that would be hard to pass up on this year even if we draft a QB with the 1st.

dallaschiefsfan 11-20-2012 11:47 AM

All of this depends on how far Barkley drops. While I doubt he's going to drop this far, if Barkley dropped as far as the back half of the 1st round, I would trade back into the first round and grab him in heartbeat. QB's are the currency of football. Any time you can have multiple potential starters on your team, you do it.

DaKCMan AP 11-20-2012 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WV (Post 9136407)
I was on board with the draft two QB's, but realistically it just doesn't make sense. If you draft a guy in the top 5 then he is your guy for the foreseeable future, a late round guy would be a waste.

You can never have enough good QBs.

mcaj22 11-20-2012 11:49 AM

lets get that steamy turd Blaine Gabbert as our backup. Surely he will be cut by that mustache pirate owner

Dave Lane 11-20-2012 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9136378)
Mark Sanchez has won playoff games :evil:

So has Tim Tebow. Any one want to go there LMAO

Chief Roundup 11-20-2012 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dallaschiefsfan (Post 9136409)
All of this depends on how far Barkley drops. While I doubt he's going to drop this far, if Barkley dropped as far as the back half of the 1st round, I would trade back into the first round and grab him in heartbeat. QB's are the currency of football. Any time you can have multiple potential starters on your team, you do it.

No.

BossChief 11-20-2012 11:52 AM

In 2009 and 2011 (when Moore got an extended chance as the teams starter) he played pretty damn good.

2009 (5 starts for Carolina)
4-1 w/l record
8td 2int
62% comp
7.6 YPA
98.5 rating

12 starts for Miami
61%
16td 9int
7.2 YPA
87 rating

The guy is also only 29 and would probably be worthy of a 2 or 3 year deal as a backup.

dallaschiefsfan 11-20-2012 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9136421)
No.

Actually, yes.

The Poz 11-20-2012 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9136410)

You can if you also need a WR, CB, DT, ILB, S
I'm against 2 QB's in the draft when we have too many other positions to fill unless of course we find an aggressive GM that can lure the right free agents in.

The Franchise 11-20-2012 12:00 PM

If they don't want to draft 2 QBs this year.....I'm fine with keeping Stanzi as our 3rd. But FFS....give the kid some practice time. If after a year the new GM and coach feel that he's not what they're looking for....you draft another one to develop.

Chief Roundup 11-20-2012 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dallaschiefsfan (Post 9136431)
Actually, yes.

No way do we want to spend all of our first two days worth of draft picks or more to take 2 QBs in the first round. Have some conviction that you know what you are doing when you make your fist selection or you are ****ed with any and every other pick you make.

BossChief 11-20-2012 12:02 PM

Its hard enough to develop one quarterback...no way in blue hell would I trade multiple premium picks to move back up to take Barkley when those picks SHOULD be used to acquire weapons to help ONE kid have the best chance of winning as possible.

RealSNR 11-20-2012 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 9136417)
So has Tim Tebow. Any one want to go there LMAO

As a backup? Dude, if Sanchez were available in free agency and accepted a backup's salary we'd be crazy not to tap that.

dallaschiefsfan 11-20-2012 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Poz (Post 9136435)
You can if you also need a WR, CB, DT, ILB, S
I'm against 2 QB's in the draft when we have too many other positions to fill unless of course we find an aggressive GM that can lure the right free agents in.

This is old school thinking. QB's are the currency of football...period. Any time you can get QB's that might be able to start for you or another team (even if in perception, only - i.e. Matt Flynn), you get them. You can flip QB's into BETTER WR's, CB's, DT's, etc. than the 2nd, 3rd or 4th round pick you're going to get.

I fear the year's with Carl (and now Pioli) have had the latent effect of training our fan-minds into believing we can't wasted picks on QB's because we have too many other holes. QB's have the potential to yield future picks that will fill more holes than your existing picks ever will.

You have to bite the bullet at some point and start the cycle of picking up QB's on a consistent basis. The first few years will hurt on the opportunity-cost side...but the long-term benefits are worth it.

Chief Roundup 11-20-2012 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9136453)
As a backup? Dude, if Sanchez were available in free agency and accepted a backup's salary we'd be crazy not to tap that.

A little Fruedian slip....

keg in kc 11-20-2012 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9136453)

I'd rather have somebody good as a mentor.

RealSNR 11-20-2012 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9136466)
A little Fruedian slip....

Slip my ass.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/sites.wpengi.../sanchez01.jpg

Hootie 11-20-2012 12:08 PM

no brokedicks...

round 1
round 3-5
Stanzi (I guess)

Chief Roundup 11-20-2012 12:08 PM

ROFL
Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9136472)

bevischief 11-20-2012 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9136472)

ROFL

mcaj22 11-20-2012 12:18 PM

all things considered though

the Drew Stanton hate, that's fine, but if we hire a guy like Bruce Arians, then Stanton is the perfect fit, currently already backing up that system

Chief_For_Life58 11-20-2012 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9136410)

this. cut stanzi because he sucks so bad hes never shown a duckfart worth of talent better than cassel quinn or orton in practice, draft another prospect in the later rounds. or would you rather we draft another shane bannon or junior hemingway?

Hog's Gone Fishin 11-20-2012 12:47 PM

Geno Smith in the 1st
Landry Jones in the 2nd
Keep Stanzi

AdumbGuy 11-20-2012 01:15 PM

Troy Smith. He would've been starting over Flacco if he didn't get tonsilitis and the raven defense had anything to say about it. He was at least as good as alex smith in the 3 games he started for San Francisco before they changed HC's and when everybody on SF looked like garbage.

The only concern is why didn't the dude get picked up anywhere this year. Still, guy with borderline starter talent. Couldn't hurt to have him as a backup.

Also, that he had that argument with Singletary... In fairness, singletary was actually the problem, it seems.

whoman69 11-20-2012 01:27 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9136290)
You only throw in the towel when you feel there's a fighter worth saving...

In this case the fighter is Pioli and Crennel and their jobs.

Chief_For_Life58 11-20-2012 01:47 PM

yeah at this point I dont want to see stanzi play. cut all 3 of our worthless qbs, wgich the next regime will do, draft 2 one named geno "big chocolatey balls" smith and grab a worthless veteran to play 3rd string bench warmer while geno leads us to multiple superbowls

okoye35chiefs 11-20-2012 02:38 PM

http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/M...IxNLR7EnGl.jpg

CoMoChief 11-20-2012 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Poz (Post 9136274)

Luke McCown – ATL
Joe Flacco – BAL
Tarvaris Jackson – BUF
Tyler Thigpen – BUF
Derek Anderson – CAR
Jason Campbell – CHI
Josh McCown – CHI
Bruce Gradkowski – CIN
Drew Stanton – IND
Brady Quinn – KC
Pat Devlin – MIA – (Ex)
Matt Moore – MIA
Chase Daniel – NO
David Carr – NYG
Matt Leinart – OAK
Charlie Batch – PIT
Byron Leftwich – PIT
Kellen Clemens – STL
Rex Grossman – WAS

ROFL.....that is one giant list of shit

CoMoChief 11-20-2012 02:56 PM

Geno Smith
Matt Flynn
Alex Tanney (wtf not?)

Rausch 11-20-2012 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9137036)
Geno Smith
Matt Flynn
Alex Tanney (wtf not?)

You make make Auswitch sound like a reasonable solution...

Brock 11-20-2012 02:58 PM

Ricky "Inactive" Stanzi? Pfft.

Shox 11-20-2012 03:24 PM

I really could not care less about who the backup will be. Draft Geno and run him out there. If he gets hurt who cares who the backup i,s a 5th round draft pick on a QB is not going to take us to the playoffs. 1 in a million chance.

Use this pick on some depth. We need it in a lot of places. Don't waste it on a QB who will not make any difference. If Geno gets hurt we play out the balance of the year and pick high again the next year. After a couple of years reworking the roster and we are really ready to compete then a backup QB is important, but not now.

RealSNR 11-20-2012 04:41 PM

What are people really expecting out of our 3rd stringer? Some of you act like if our 3rd stringer isn't Johnny Amazing then our QBs are terrible.

You need an elite starter. Your backup can be either a developmental guy with some upside or a game manager veteran. Your 3rd stringer is whatever is leftover. If you invest in him, it's to hope that he one day takes over the primary backup spot.

That's what Ricky Stanzi is. He's an adequate 3rd stringer until the new coaching staff gets a look at him. If they think he has upside, he should stay. If he doesn't, then he gets cut.

Frankie 11-20-2012 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9136235)
I don't think we should draft two QBs this year. At least not two high-pick QBs.

Draft Geno Smith at #1 overall, yes. But then either consider a throwaway 6th/7th round guy or go find somebody else. Our new franchise guy is going to need as much help as he can get in his first year. If that 3rd/4th round pick can be spent on a guy like Shayne Skov at ILB or Robert Lester at S, it eliminates the need to continue trotting out garbage, or finding crap free agents like Elam or Routt.

My dream scenario is to draft Geno, keep Stanzi, and sign Bruce Gradkowski in free agency. There needs to be SOME kind of veteran on that squad- it can't be all 100% developmental guys.

Smith
Gradkowski
Stanzi

That's a solid group of QBs, one that looks forward to the future. If we really need another young prospect, we should look to the draft next year.

Smith
Drew Stanton
Stanzi

FYP

Rausch 11-20-2012 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9137262)
What are people really expecting out of our 3rd stringer? Some of you act like if our 3rd stringer isn't Johnny Amazing then our QBs are terrible.

They can't all live up to the dream...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/AYsryE0NtZM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hammock Parties 11-20-2012 05:42 PM

Can we pretty please keep Cassel at least through preseason? :evil:

RealSNR 11-20-2012 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9137272)
Smith
Drew Stanton
Stanzi

FYP

Welcome back, Frankie.

Do you have an opinion on Geno Smith/Matt Barkley/Tyler Wilson?

Simply Red 11-20-2012 07:53 PM

Tony Graziani!

Frankie 11-20-2012 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9137603)
Welcome back, Frankie.

Do you have an opinion on Geno Smith/Matt Barkley/Tyler Wilson?

I was gone?

I was very excited about Geno Smith earlier in the season. I still like him a lot but having watched him in a couple of games for some reason I can't shake this gut feeling that he might be another one of does all world college QBs who disappoint in the pros. I still would like him in a trade down, assuming we get the top pick.

USC for a school that plays closer to the pro game than most teams sure disappoints with its QBs. Seems like they should be a pro-QB factory, and they are not. Is Barkley another in the line of USC curse? That worries me. I like Smith better than him.

Wilson I liked from the start. I like his leadership probably even more than his talent. Because of the shitty team he plays for his draft stock will probably drop him to the top of the 2 when we can grab him, leaving the door open to the novel idea of grabbing the best stud player in the draft (Te'o?) with the top pick.

I have not watched Glennon but in highlights, but man, I love his pocket presence and wrist snap accurate delivery.

All of the above can change in the post season as we still don't have a lot to go by.

Simply Red 11-20-2012 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9138008)
I was gone?

I was very excited about Geno Smith earlier in the season. I still like him a lot but having watched him in a couple of games for some reason I can't shake this gut feeling that he might be another one of does all world college QBs who disappoint in the pros. I still would like him in a trade down, assuming we get the top pick.

USC for a school that plays closer to the pro game than most teams sure disappoints with its QBs. Seems like they should be a pro-QB factory, and they are not. Is Barkley another in the line of USC curse? That worries me. I like Smith better than him.

Wilson I liked from the start. I like his leadership probably even more than his talent. Because of the shitty team he plays for his draft stock will probably drop him to the top of the 2 when we can grab him, leaving the door open to the novel idea of grabbing the best stud player in the draft (Te'o?) with the top pick.

I have not watched Glennon but in highlights, but man, I love his pocket presence and wrist snap accurate delivery.

All of the above can change in the post season as we still don't have a lot to go by.

Good to see you back bud.

Simply Red 11-20-2012 09:38 PM

Tony Graziani

Frankie 11-20-2012 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 9138060)

Good to see you back bud.

Thanks man. I live in a different neighborhood now, but I'll plan to drop by every once in a while.

DaneMcCloud 11-20-2012 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9138329)
Thanks man. I live in a different neighborhood now, but I'll plan to drop by every once in a while.

Whoa! Frankie? How are you, Dude?

That avatar is bad ass, Man. Seriously.