ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Alex Smith benched (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266936)

ShowtimeSBMVP 11-21-2012 09:15 PM

Alex Smith benched

Jim Trotter ‏@SI_JimTrotter

BREAKING: Jim Harbaugh has informed Alex Smith that Colin Kaepernick will start Sunday, per source. Said decision not based on health.

hometeam 11-21-2012 09:16 PM

http://www.webtrafficroi.com/wp-cont...2/03/david.png

Bowser 11-21-2012 09:24 PM

http://www.sectalk.com/board/public/...uh_wtf_gif.gif

the Talking Can 11-21-2012 09:25 PM

cojones...must be nice

TheGuardian 11-21-2012 09:26 PM

Heh. I remember threads here about how he finally turned the corner and the word "franchise" and "qb" were thrown around regarding him.

Dumbasses.

Canofbier 11-21-2012 09:26 PM

Damn, Alex Smith has been screwed over. Probably one of the best performing starting QBs (statistically) to be benched for no reason but trying to improve the position's play.

ghak99 11-21-2012 09:28 PM

Guess his comments about playing the QB with the hottest hand wasn't BS.

ILChief 11-21-2012 09:28 PM

There's our next QB

Frazod 11-21-2012 09:28 PM

Wish he'd been our coach in 1997. :banghead:

Bowser 11-21-2012 09:31 PM

Alex Smith is the anti-Cassel. Does all he can, gets great results, gets benched.

Easy 6 11-21-2012 09:32 PM

It was the only move he could make after that performance against a top D.

That guy was making throws smith only dreams about... it was a no-brainer.

Dylan 11-21-2012 09:34 PM

http://xaxor.com/images/other/11154/wtf_gifs_16.gif

Dayze 11-21-2012 09:34 PM

lol ^^^

wtf

Easy 6 11-21-2012 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dylan (Post 9140518)

LMAOLMAOLMAO

TheGuardian 11-21-2012 09:40 PM

Quote:

HAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA

kcxiv 11-21-2012 09:46 PM

Ricky Stanzi must be really ****ing terrible to not even get a shot. Yet, harbaugh is not scared to make a move.

Just reminds me more of what a failure the Chiefs are

Chief_For_Life58 11-21-2012 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 9140506)
There's our next QB

he can backup geno next year

Al Bundy 11-21-2012 09:47 PM

Quote:

Uhhhmmmm... :shake:

ghak99 11-21-2012 09:49 PM

Quote:

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Molitoth 11-21-2012 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 9140545)
Ricky Stanzi must be really ****ing terrible to not even get a shot. Yet, harbaugh is not scared to make a move.

do you really think that the chiefs are a good judge of talent when they keep trotting cassel on the field? Stanzi could be the next tom brady for all we know, (small chance) but we wont know because we have a giant turd running this team.

Red Dawg 11-21-2012 09:55 PM

I am not buying this move. Capernick looks stiff to me. He doesn't pass the eye test in my book. Alex is not real great either but this kid will not get them to the SB. I think they have gone way overboard on where he is.

kcxiv 11-21-2012 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 9140558)
do you really think that the chiefs are a good judge of talent when they keep trotting cassel on the field? Stanzi could be the next tom brady for all we know, (small chance) but we wont know because we have a giant turd running this team.

Oh i know they suck at judging talent. thats why im saying that if Stanzi cant make it into a game with how BAD our qb's are, we are ****ed beyond belief. It really is that bad.

Hell, on facebook Adam Shefter had Chiefs and Jaguars Duct Tape (i shit you not) saying what team needs more fixing. haha

This whole organization is 1 huge ****ing joke.

Red Dawg 11-21-2012 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9140513)

Uh no. One performance is all it was and the Bears shit line was the main reason they lost not this kid.

kcxiv 11-21-2012 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuckdaddy (Post 9140566)
I am not buying this move. Capernick looks stiff to me. He doesn't pass the eye test in my book. Alex is not real great either but this kid will not get them to the SB. I think they have gone way overboard on where he is.

If it dont work so the **** what. Harbaugh knows what he has in Smith. He wants to see if this dude is the real deal or not. Its a no brainer move imo. Haurbaugh isnt going to get fired even if he makes the wrong move. See what you got in the kid, if he's the next great one, then its all good. If not, then go back to Smith.

DaneMcCloud 11-21-2012 09:58 PM

Quote:

Ricky Stanzi must be really ****ing terrible to not even get a shot.

Unpossible.

Ricky Stanzi is the Manzi. He's just not getting his shot for some unknown reason but that reason can't be that he sucks.

Dave Lane 11-21-2012 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 9140558)

There is absolutely no down side to starting Stanzi if the Denver game gets out of hand. Hell theres no reason even if it doesn't

DaneMcCloud 11-21-2012 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 9140575)
There is absolutely no down side to starting Stanzi if the Denver game gets out of hand. Hell theres no reason even if it doesn't

Except that he won't be active

Reerun_KC 11-21-2012 10:00 PM

Quote:

Who gives a shit about Ricky Non NFL player Stanzi? Not anybody with a brain...

Molitoth 11-21-2012 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9140574)
Unpossible.

Ricky Stanzi is the Manzi. He's just not getting his shot for some unknown reason but that reason can't be that he sucks.

dane,
if stanzi really is that bad, then why the **** is he wasting a roster spot? Once again it falls back on pioli being a moron.. Stanzi needs playtime or needs to be cut, simple as that.

kcxiv 11-21-2012 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 9140575)

There is NONE at all. I dont even see why they dont let the kid crash and ****ing burn if he sucks that bad. Its like so what. Its like the only shot Pioli has to save face or anything. makes 0 sense, We are out of the play offs. They are playing for NOTHING but pride (though there isnt any of that left).

This organization is just it pisses me off. Pathetic.

This my Song to Pioli (its rap hardcore) haha

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zdgrpcndR7k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Simply Red 11-21-2012 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9140482)
Jim Trotter ‏@SI_JimTrotter

BREAKING: Jim Harbaugh has informed Alex Smith that Colin Kaepernick will start Sunday, per source. Said decision not based on health.

**** you.

Chiefs Pantalones 11-21-2012 10:08 PM

Alex Smith wasn't the answer anyway, he is Mr. Game Manager at his finest. He is not winning any Super Bowls. Harbaugh knows that, that's why he made the decision.

Red Dawg 11-21-2012 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 9140573)
If it dont work so the **** what. Harbaugh knows what he has in Smith. He wants to see if this dude is the real deal or not. Its a no brainer move imo. Haurbaugh isnt going to get fired even if he makes the wrong move. See what you got in the kid, if he's the next great one, then its all good. If not, then go back to Smith.

So with a one seed and a possible SB run right now, this is the time to see what the kid has got? He must be really down on Alex. He only went like 19 for 19 in his last game. That's enough of that Smith. Grab some wood so we can see what this UConn bum has.

Really?

Chief Roundup 11-21-2012 10:09 PM

Another #1 overall QB that is fail. Just saying.

hometeam 11-21-2012 10:10 PM

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...he-right-call/

Easy 6 11-21-2012 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuckdaddy (Post 9140571)
Uh no. One performance is all it was and the Bears shit line was the main reason they lost not this kid.

Dude, he is TWICE as physically talented as Smith.

Harbaugh watched him carve it UP in primetime and now feels that he can coach the kid into the role.

I wouldnt bet against it.

It'll probably be the move that guarantees a super bowl for them.

rtmike 11-21-2012 10:12 PM

I know the Chiefs way is picking up former starting QBs who've been beat out by their back up, but please...just say no.

This Colin kid is someone Harbaugh had a hard on for prior to drafting him. Not surprised he made the switch. I'm more surprised he hadn't done it sooner.

I gotta admit, the kid looked good. It's not the easiest offense to run but according to Gruden, JH didn't limit him to only a few chapters. JH opened it up completely with him.

Reerun_KC 11-21-2012 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9140596)

Keep saying it, its what keeps us from winning superbowl...

BryanBusby 11-21-2012 10:13 PM

Quote:

LMAO

DaneMcCloud 11-21-2012 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9140596)

Uh, Gabbert wasn't the first guy drafted last year.

DTLB58 11-21-2012 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9140513)

This. Nice to have a coach that actually does what he actually thinks is the right thing and not all the political correct crap.

Same with Carroll in Seattle with those two QB's.

Screw these traditional coaches. Go for the Win!

kcxiv 11-21-2012 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuckdaddy (Post 9140595)
So with a one seed and a possible SB run right now, this is the time to see what the kid has got? He must be really down on Alex. He only went like 19 for 19 in his last game. That's enough of that Smith. Grab some wood so we can see what this UConn bum has.
her
Really?

Why not, that defense is ****ing legit. He plays really bad, he makes the switch and he's still will be in the play offs as a 1 or 2 seed. He has a little bit of wiggle room.

Why the **** not. If he's the next big thing then he's the coach there for the next 15 years, if he's not, then play Smith again and see what happens in the play offs.

Whoever is qb'ing the niners are still going to the play offs

BossChief 11-21-2012 10:27 PM

Kaepernicks ceiling is twice as high as Smiths and Harbaugh KNOWS that.

The mid range and deep passing game was electric with CK in there and with their running game, that is what that team needs to win playoff games. Now, teams will only have 7 games of film on CK to prepare for playoff games with and with a guy that has such a diverse skill set, that's simply not enough. Not only that, but they will be able to trade Smith for a decent pick after or even during the draft to a team that needs a guy but missed out in the draft on a starter quality pick.

Teams arent gonna be able to put 8 men in the box anymore against that offense and that is gonna let Gore average a lot more per carry from here on out.

I really like the move.

DTLB58 11-21-2012 10:39 PM

Quote:

Stiff? :LOL:
The guy is mobile and made more reads and threw more precisely on the run than many starters Monday night. That last TD he threw, His intial read was covered right away, so was his second, both on his right side, so he rolled left and found a receiver (Third read) in the end zone (The initial call was a TE screen at the LOS!)
IMO, That play won him the starting job! Holy crap!
Cassel hasn't done anything close to that in his 4th season with the Chiefs, Alex Smith's biggest play as a Niner was a bootleg run in the playoffs last season.

Now, having said that, the guy isn't perfect, as none of us are. He will throw picks and make mistakes. But he most definitely has the most upside and gives them the best chance to win because he can make plays. He has already sat a season so he might as well start playing now to get the game experience.

Sure-Oz 11-21-2012 10:44 PM

Alex Smith is what we thought Cassel could've been. Game Manager at best...not someone that will kick everyones ass

BossChief 11-21-2012 10:51 PM

This is also another HUGE reason that Clark NEEDS to fire Pioli.

You all know that he is salivating over the chance at trading for Smith and using the top pick on a DL to replace Dorsey and Tyson Jackson with.

Chiefspants 11-21-2012 10:53 PM

Quote:

ROFL

Bowser 11-21-2012 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9140676)
This is also another HUGE reason that Clark NEEDS to fire Pioli.

You all know that he is salivating over the chance at trading for Smith and using the top pick on a DL to replace Dorsey and Tyson Jackson with.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcddedcyh31r3holv.gif

Al Bundy 11-21-2012 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 9140585)
There is NONE at all. I dont even see why they dont let the kid crash and ****ing burn if he sucks that bad. Its like so what. Its like the only shot Pioli has to save face or anything. makes 0 sense, We are out of the play offs. They are playing for NOTHING but pride (though there isnt any of that left).

This organization is just it pisses me off. Pathetic.

This my Song to Pioli (its rap hardcore) haha

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zdgrpcndR7k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This is my dedication to Scott Pioli...
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/y-idbqUzwxs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rasputin 11-22-2012 12:26 AM

I admire Harbaugh for doing this. Not worried is he about a QBs feelings being butthurt just going by his gut feelings on whats best for his team. Harbaugh didn't draft pick Alex Smith, just a guy he inherited and did his best to make him work. He did a good job with Alex, just Harbaugh knows you got to score plenty of points and have a formidable offense that can score more than what Alex could bring.

cdcox 11-22-2012 12:40 AM

Good call by Harbaugh. The only way this can go wrong is if Colin bombs and Alex D. Smith regresses due to lack of confidence. Smith is having an efficient year pass rating wise, but he is averaging less than 200 yards per game, so they aren't asking much from him. There is a lot of room for improvement from the position.

BossChief 11-22-2012 12:52 AM

If Pioli and Romeo were running the show, Colin Kaepernick would never see the field except for injury.

Easy 6 11-22-2012 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9140826)
If Pioli and Romeo were running the show, Colin Kaepernick would never see the field except for injury.

Stanzi deserves to be kept around initially, by the new regime, as wild card camp/preseason competition if nothing else.

If Quinn goes down, and they push cassel back out there again, wow... nothing, nada, zilch, zero, any word whatever... is lost by having a look.

Its hard to believe this guy is SO mentally deficient that he cant even tie his own damn shoes on the field... take a look, the money has been spent... its like buying a toy and never playing with it.

Rasputin 11-22-2012 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9140841)
Stanzi deserves to be kept around initially, by the new regime, as wild card camp/preseason competition if nothing else.

If Quinn goes down, and they push cassel back out there again, wow... nothing, nada, zilch, zero, any word whatever... is lost by having a look.

Its hard to believe this guy is SO mentally deficient that he cant even tie his own damn shoes on the field... take a look, the money has been spent... its like buying a toy and never playing with it.

Stanzi didn't do himself any favors in preseason but then again neither did the other two shitty QBs we have, but they gave them the reps in practice and preseason that should have gone too Stanzi. Stanzi looked raw and a bit just not knowing what to do. I don't know if he has it to be any good but I'd sure like to see him play out the rest of the season just to find out maybe just maybe he can prove his worth as a back up next year and even show that it doesn't take much to look better than Casshole.

Rasputin 11-22-2012 02:30 AM

How many quarterbacks from the past four drafts taken are now starting QBs in the league?

rtmike 11-22-2012 02:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 9140817)
Good call by Harbaugh. The only way this can go wrong is if Colin bombs and Alex D. Smith regresses due to lack of confidence. Smith is having an efficient year pass rating wise, but he is averaging less than 200 yards per game, so they aren't asking much from him. There is a lot of room for improvement from the position.

The defense might start to regress a little with Colin out there. His work rate is much higher than Alex's meaning the D is gonna have less time to recharge their batteries.

JD10367 11-22-2012 07:34 AM

This is an interesting situation. After only one game for evidence, it's hard to say whether Kapwhathisface is the next Tom Brady or not. I'm not sure you kick a starting QB to the curb after one performance by his backup. The Niners spent years building up Alex Smith's confidence and finally turning him into a decent QB, and with one stroke they just undid all of their work. His rookie year in the league (2005) was horrid (1 TD and 11 picks). His second year was literally average (16 TDs and 16 INTs). His third year wasn't looking great and he only played 7 games, and 2008 was a washout year. But since 2009, in the past four seasons, he's thrown for 62 TDs against only 32 INTs, and his QB rating has gone up each year (81.5 in '09, 82.1 in '10, 90.7 in '11, and 104.1 in '12). Right now he's 3rd in QB rating under Rodgers and Peyton (higher than Brady, Rapistberger, Brees, and Shaub). He's 2nd in YPA under Peyton. His completion % is an astronomical 70%, tops in the league. It's not like he was playing like a bum or something.

BoneKrusher 11-22-2012 07:40 AM

Quote:

:D

ILChief 11-22-2012 07:45 AM

I looked it up and smith has two years left on his deal, so thank god he is not a FA. I doubt SF just cuts him. I hope we don't trade for him with geno sitting there but that move screams Chiefs.

Ace Gunner 11-22-2012 07:58 AM

Quote:

Oh, I think CK made it clear he can play at this level. That last pass he made into the middle of the field between defenders was impressive. Smooth player.

milkman 11-22-2012 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 9141065)
This is an interesting situation. After only one game for evidence, it's hard to say whether Kapwhathisface is the next Tom Brady or not. I'm not sure you kick a starting QB to the curb after one performance by his backup. The Niners spent years building up Alex Smith's confidence and finally turning him into a decent QB, and with one stroke they just undid all of their work. His rookie year in the league (2005) was horrid (1 TD and 11 picks). His second year was literally average (16 TDs and 16 INTs). His third year wasn't looking great and he only played 7 games, and 2008 was a washout year. But since 2009, in the past four seasons, he's thrown for 62 TDs against only 32 INTs, and his QB rating has gone up each year (81.5 in '09, 82.1 in '10, 90.7 in '11, and 104.1 in '12). Right now he's 3rd in QB rating under Rodgers and Peyton (higher than Brady, Rapistberger, Brees, and Shaub). He's 2nd in YPA under Peyton. His completion % is an astronomical 70%, tops in the league. It's not like he was playing like a bum or something.

If you ever want proof that QB rating, and even completion percentage to some extent, is an overrated and useless stat, look up Alex Smith.

Coogs 11-22-2012 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9141169)
If you ever want proof that QB rating, and even completion percentage to some extent, is an overrated and useless stat, look up Alex Smith.

Kind of reminds me of how Gus's 2010 stat line of 27-7 and a token Pro Bowl apperance landed us Jon Baldiwn. Instead of doing our homework on Dalton/ Kaepernick, we stuck with Gus beleiving he had the tools. Both were taken on back-to-back picks 10 spots or so behind Baldwin.

Chiefs Pantalones 11-22-2012 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 9141075)
I looked it up and smith has two years left on his deal, so thank god he is not a FA. I doubt SF just cuts him. I hope we don't trade for him with geno sitting there but that move screams Chiefs.

Once Smith leaves SF he's screwed anyway. It's clear as night that Harbaugh has Smith's confidence in a jar hanging around his neck. Harbaugh has sucked his dong so much to get his confidence up to a pacemaker level that once Harbaugh either leaves or benches him (like now) his career is over. Harbaugh used carsalesman the hell out of Smith to get him to play up to a crappy game manager level. It's over.

Ace Gunner 11-22-2012 09:24 AM

I like Smith, but he's a loser when the game is on him. Great example of a guy with all the tools, plenty of smarts, but just chokes when it's his turn to make that play in the drive that wins the big games. I recall he did just that a few seasons ago during a playoff game, but 1 time in all the years he's been playing for the niners is all I can think of, and that's not gonna get fixed by coaching. You can stand on a guy's head to win, but it'll kill ya as a coach because it isn't always going to work. I think more than anything, Harbaugh made the change because CK delivered with ease -- coaching ease. Don't know how CK holds up going forward, but then, that is why you play him. Harbaugh knows what he has in Smith, he's going to take a look at CK now, and if the kid can continue to handle it with "ease" then, well...

King_Chief_Fan 11-22-2012 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 9141178)
Once Smith leaves SF he's screwed anyway. It's clear as night that Harbaugh has Smith's confidence in a jar hanging around his neck. Harbaugh has sucked his dong so much to get his confidence up to a pacemaker level that once Harbaugh either leaves or benches him (like now) his career is over. Harbaugh used carsalesman the hell out of Smith to get him to play up to a crappy game manager level. It's over.

good analogy....too bad Chiefs thought they could do the same with Cassel...we have lost 4 years

TheGuardian 11-22-2012 09:27 AM

Alex Smith is and always was a bust. A couple of nice drives against a very shitty Saints defense in the playoffs last year don't mean a god damn thing. This board is just stupid with QB's sometimes.

You don't draft a guy #1 overall to be a game manager, and a kind of shitty one at that. Smith is a bust. Not a franchise QB, and not a guy that is going to lead you to a SB. The reason Harbaugh doesn't care about replacing him is because he's not making a "run" this season per say, he's thinking about long term winning and beyond this season.

Besides, that defense is not good enough to win without some good play from the QB. We're not talking 2K Ravens defense. The Jets from a couple of years ago is what that 9ers team looks a lot like.

Ace Gunner 11-22-2012 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 9141178)

true, and this is why Harbaugh isn't going to let Smith go -- Smith is going to make a very good BUQB if CK continues. He can win for you during the season if your QB goes down, you just want to have your starter back for playoffs.

Pasta Little Brioni 11-22-2012 09:31 AM

Give dem the farm for him!!11!! Better than what we have, bring him in just to take a peak at what's left in the tank, QB's in the draft better next year and all have flaws this year. Never done this before!! What could possibly go wrong??

King_Chief_Fan 11-22-2012 09:31 AM

[quote=KC Tattoo;9140879]Stanzi didn't do himself any favors in preseason but then again neither did the other two shitty QBs we have, but they gave them the reps in practice and preseason that should have gone too Stanzi. Stanzi looked raw and a bit just not knowing what to do. I don't know if he has it to be any good but I'd sure like to see him play out the rest of the season just to find out maybe just maybe he can prove his worth as a back up next year and even show that it doesn't take much to look better than Casshole.[/quote]

with the season tanked you think this is a move that Pioli/Crennel would make. (I am not a fan of Stanzi and think he must really stink to be in street clothes on the sideline)
I guess they think they can still win a game or two by staying the course which they probably thinks saves their jobs.

In reality, I don't see either of those yahoos doing anything to help the Chiefs organization at this point.

Pasta Little Brioni 11-22-2012 09:34 AM

Stanzi should start the rest of the year. Their is no reason not to at least let the unknown have a chance.

Ace Gunner 11-22-2012 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9141193)
Give dem the farm for him!!11!! Better than what we have, bring him in just to take a peak at what's left in the tank, QB's in the draft better next year and all have flaws this year. Never done this before!! What could possibly go wrong??

I'll bet you were crushed when Jeff Hostetler signed with the Raiders:D

rabblerouser 11-22-2012 09:36 AM

[QUOTE=King_Chief_Fan;9141194]
Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9140879)
Stanzi didn't do himself any favors in preseason but then again neither did the other two shitty QBs we have, but they gave them the reps in practice and preseason that should have gone too Stanzi. Stanzi looked raw and a bit just not knowing what to do. I don't know if he has it to be any good but I'd sure like to see him play out the rest of the season just to find out maybe just maybe he can prove his worth as a back up next year and even show that it doesn't take much to look better than Casshole.[/quote]

with the season tanked you think this is a move that Pioli/Crennel would make. (I am not a fan of Stanzi and think he must really stink to be in street clothes on the sideline)
I guess they think they can still win a game or two by staying the course which they probably thinks saves their jobs.

In reality, I don't see either of those yahoos doing anything to help the Chiefs organization at this point.

Stanzi doesn't even resemble an NFL QB, on or off the field...

Reerun_KC 11-22-2012 09:38 AM

:grr:[QUOTE=Driving Wheel;9141205]
Quote:

Originally Posted by King_Chief_Fan (Post 9141194)

Stanzi doesn't even resemble an NFL QB, on or off the field...

This...

The infatuation with Stanzi's suck is overwhelming with some...

I never want to see Stanzi in a KC uniform again, whether its practice, preseason or god help us regular season...

The guy is an arena league player at best....

threebag 11-22-2012 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9141201)
Stanzi should start the rest of the year. Their is no reason not to at least let the unknown have a chance.

Here is what is known

Pioli brought us The Matt Cassel
Pioli brought us Stanzi the Manzi

All involved suck ass beyond a doubt. It's past time for them to get the **** out.

It's sad when Bret Favre is the best option you have looking to next year.

Pasta Little Brioni 11-22-2012 10:02 AM

Matt Barkley, Geno Smith, and Tyler Wilson look pretty good right about now.

Setsuna 11-22-2012 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9141258)
Matt Barkley, Geno Smith, and Tyler Wilson look pretty good right about now.

BROKE DICK

ANDY REID TYPE QB

Dylan 11-22-2012 11:26 AM

Smith played really well before he was injured. The players that give you the best chance of winning should be playing. Nevertheless, it will be interesting to see what happens when Colin Kaepernick faces some tough defenses in the playoffs.

It is a risk; of course, when elite defenses shut down the 49ers running attack, puts the game in Kaepernick’s hands, and forces him to stay in the pocket. The Giants defense did just that a few weeks ago when they shut down Alex Smith, Kaepernick and their running game.

SF traded up to get Kaepernick in the draft after failing to sign Peyton Manning, so he is their guy. Would Kaepernick make this team better than 6-2? I have a hard time believing that elite defenses will not confuse him when it matters most.

Smith was 20 wins; four loses before injured as a starter. Named NFC Offensive Player of the Week for his performance against Arizona in Week 8, where he set a record completion percentage. Smith may not be the greatest quarterback; however, he had his team winning.

Kaepernick is a rookie and that alone could spell trouble when facing the 'hot' team in January. However, Harbaugh can always switch back to Smith - I guess.

Here is a good article on 'Report on Kaepernick starting stirs fans': http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post...ing-stirs-fans

BigMeatballDave 11-22-2012 11:27 AM

Pioli trades for Smith and drafts Landry Jones.

:)

Dylan 11-22-2012 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9141443)

In his dreams, Dave. The man is gone - He cannot survive the power of the fans and the onslaught of bad press.

It would not surprise me to see Pioli working as an analyst on ESPN next season. After all, who in their right mind would hire this man to run their team? Not saying, he will not get another chance in a few years - just not right now.

...And to all, Happy Thanksgiving!

Rasputin 11-22-2012 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9141443)

You are just begging to be neg rep arn't you?