ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs How much do you think the Chiefs pay Mitch Holthus? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267096)

GoHuge 11-26-2012 07:09 PM

How much do you think the Chiefs pay Mitch Holthus?

I just clicked on 810 a few minutes ago and hear him doing his idiotic "put the hammer down baby" and "huge!" clown suit dumb shit on his whatever show that's on tonight and it got me to thinking. How much do they have to pay him the be the mouthpiece for this embarrassment of an NFL franchise?

I think to do his job the way he does it it's an act that he's doing just for the check or if he really believes in this cheerleader shit he does the guy is just a complete and total asshat. I'm sure he is a decent human being, but JFC dude......if he had a shred of self respect he'd resign his post in protest. Gots to be lots and lots of $$ to subject himself to this shit year after year making himself look like a complete ****in clown.

stonedstooge 11-26-2012 07:11 PM

As per company policy, the Chiefs did not release the terms of the contract

DTLB58 11-26-2012 07:41 PM

No idea how much $ they are paying him. But it is his dream job, he is just holding out that they will get good while he is doing it. Meanwhile, the dude has to be getting paid better than me doing physical labor everyday.

He is really good at what he does (Game day announcing) I challenge anyone to go toe toe with him with Chiefs knowledge and that includes myself and I've been around awhile plus read tons.

I would LOVE his job!

ILChief 11-26-2012 07:43 PM

I liked Harlan better but Mitch is good

Hammock Parties 11-26-2012 07:44 PM

250k at least.

He's been wearing black lately. Good guy. Just doing his job as a homer these days.

penguinz 11-26-2012 07:45 PM

Mitch is an asshat.

Hammock Parties 11-26-2012 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stonedstooge (Post 9154802)
As per company policy, the Chiefs did not realize the terms of the contract

FYP

Hammock Parties 11-26-2012 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 9154953)
Mitch is an asshat.

No he's not, jackass. It's his job to be a homer.

If you think he actually likes Pioli or Cassel or RAC you're clueless.

-King- 11-26-2012 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoHuge (Post 9154795)
I just clicked on 810 a few minutes ago and hear him doing his idiotic "put the hammer down baby" and "huge!" clown suit dumb shit on his whatever show that's on tonight and it got me to thinking. How much do they have to pay him the be the mouthpiece for this embarrassment of an NFL franchise?

I think to do his job the way he does it it's an act that he's doing just for the check or if he really believes in this cheerleader shit he does the guy is just a complete and total asshat. I'm sure he is a decent human being, but JFC dude......if he had a shred of self respect he'd resign his post in protest. Gots to be lots and lots of $$ to subject himself to this shit year after year making himself look like a complete ****in clown.

LMAOLMAO Yeah sure.

penguinz 11-26-2012 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9154957)

the nicknames he gives players cancel out any hatred he has for pioli.

Chief_For_Life58 11-26-2012 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9154957)

maybe youre clueless for thinking he doesnt like them? huh huh huh???

stevenidol 11-26-2012 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoHuge (Post 9154795)

:LOL: His job is many people's dream job, but yeah he should turn that paycheck down.

penguinz 11-26-2012 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief_For_Life58 (Post 9154971)
maybe youre clueless for thinking he doesnt like them? huh huh huh???

you can tell in interviews that he is not a fan of the current regime. But still an asshat.

the Talking Can 11-26-2012 07:51 PM

we'd all suck pioli's tater tot for $200,000

penguinz 11-26-2012 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9154978)

You have some low self esteem.

Chief_For_Life58 11-26-2012 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9154978)

um no, no I wouldnt

TribalElder 11-26-2012 07:53 PM

I met him once and he seemed like a great guy. I'm sure he is making quite a bit of money to eat shit and smile. You ask why he does it? He loves the chiefs or maybe it's because he is from Kansas and doesn't have any sense at all. LMAO

the Talking Can 11-26-2012 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 9154982)
You have some low self esteem.

and you're lying

Deberg_1990 11-26-2012 07:55 PM

Id drink Pioli's "sweet nectar" for a milly or two.

seclark 11-26-2012 07:56 PM

whatever it is, it's more than the rest of us poor bastards are getting to follow this septic tank of a team.
more power to him.
sec

penguinz 11-26-2012 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9154990)
and you're lying

No.

Hammock Parties 11-26-2012 08:03 PM

I'd deep throat Pioli's tater tot for 200k and come on here with a fake username and rip him.

InChiefsHeaven 11-26-2012 08:07 PM

Mitch is great. I love the guy. Sure he can be a little annoying (The Centaur) but he knows his stuff and is a true Chiefs fan. Whatever they are paying him, I'm sure it's good money and he's happy.

Spott 11-26-2012 08:08 PM

I never could stand the way that dude said Kansas City.

penguinz 11-26-2012 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9155013)
I'd deep throat Pioli's tater tot for 200k and come on here with a fake username and rip him.

You aren't kidding anyone. We all know yyou would do it for free.

Mr_Tomahawk 11-26-2012 08:10 PM

Just trying to keep his job...

Chief_For_Life58 11-26-2012 08:10 PM

wait. some of you guys would suck another mans pipe for 200k?

you know obama would take half that so its more like 75k after taxes. around the same as the HUMAN JOYSTICK makes in one game

Phobia 11-26-2012 08:31 PM

I'll bet he's at 3 or 400k plus appearance fees at events.

ChiefMojo 11-26-2012 08:43 PM

Mitch is a great guy if you have ever met him... on and off the job. He is paid by the Chiefs to be a homer. Doesn't mean he has to like what is going on anymore than we do but he is paid to keep his mouth shut and fluff.

Messier 11-26-2012 08:52 PM

Getting mad at Holthus is pointless. He's a good guy, and one of the best at what he does. He's not going to crap on the team when representing himself as the radio voice of the Chiefs. Those that think he should, I wonder how many of you would walk into your bosses office, and tell them off?

CaliforniaChief 11-26-2012 08:57 PM

Hey, the guy cares. That's pretty impressive considering this pile of shit he has to hype.

I like Mitch.

GoHuge 11-26-2012 10:58 PM

Just do your job Mitch -the doofus. In your 17 years this team has been dogshit and the schtick is old and tired.

BossChief 11-26-2012 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9155093)
I'll bet he's at 3 or 400k plus appearance fees at events.

That's what I'm thinking. Not only has he done the radio voice, but he hosts a show and does a lot of other team related stuff.

I bet he started out making about 100-150k but is over 300k by now.

BossChief 11-26-2012 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoHuge (Post 9155629)
Just do your job Mitch -the doofus. In your 17 years this team has been dogshit and the schtick is old and tired.

Ummmm what part of HE IS DOING HIS JOB don't you understand?

KCinNY 11-27-2012 12:10 AM

Top flight radio play-by-play guy. Gives listeners precise offensive formations and defensive looks(showing blitz, two deep safeties, corners are five yards off, etc.) while using very few words. Articulate and descriptive during each play and always gives yards gained and new down and distance.

Many announcers forget to do that and don't even bother telling the listener how the teams are lined up before the play(that douche Mike Kelly at Mizzou comes to mind).

Mitch is great for a listener who isn't watching on tv.

Dude's a pro. He's paid to be a public cheerleader and that's exactly what he does. I'm sure that if you were hanging out having a beer with him, he'd be as critical of Pioli and RAC as any reasonable Chiefs fan.

morphius 11-27-2012 12:20 AM

Don't have an issue with the guy, but I can never get past the first few seconds of that radio show. Announcing who is all there, and by the time he gets out the forced, "baby", at the end of putting the hammer down I just want to rip out my ear drums and smash them into bits. I'd rather suffer through a room full of people scratching their nails down chalk boards.

Phobia 11-27-2012 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morphius (Post 9155785)
Don't have an issue with the guy, but I can never get past the first few seconds of that radio show. Announcing who is all there, and by the time he gets out the forced, "baby", at the end of putting the hammer down I just want to rip out my ear drums and smash them into bits. I'd rather suffer through a room full of people scratching their nails down chalk boards.

If he didn't recognize his frequent guests, he wouldn't draw so many true Chiefs fans on Monday nights and his appearance fee would dwindle into gas money, cheeseburger, and an iced tea. If he has 100 superfans following him around to an area restaurant every Monday night, they're going to stay, watch MNF, and drop $20-50 per person.

morphius 11-27-2012 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9155792)
If he didn't recognize his frequent guests, he wouldn't draw so many true Chiefs fans on Monday nights and his appearance fee would dwindle into gas money, cheeseburger, and an iced tea. If he has 100 superfans following him around to an area restaurant every Monday night, they're going to stay, watch MNF, and drop $20-50 per person.

Yeah, it is really the canned stuff that gets me. I get that he has to name the guests, and is trying to get them excited, but damn, put the hammer away and do something that doesn't sounds so forced or out of character.

munkey 11-27-2012 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCinNY (Post 9155768)
Top flight radio play-by-play guy. Gives listeners precise offensive formations and defensive looks(showing blitz, two deep safeties, corners are five yards off, etc.) while using very few words. Articulate and descriptive during each play and always gives yards gained and new down and distance.

Many announcers forget to do that and don't even bother telling the listener how the teams are lined up before the play(that douche Mike Kelly at Mizzou comes to mind).

Mitch is great for a listener who isn't watching on tv.

Dude's a pro. He's paid to be a public cheerleader and that's exactly what he does. I'm sure that if you were hanging out having a beer with him, he'd be as critical of Pioli and RAC as any reasonable Chiefs fan.

This...Mitch is a rare individual and true fan of the Chiefs. Even though I don't see him often he always remembers my name and where I'm from.

kcxiv 11-27-2012 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9154999)
Id drink Pioli's "sweet nectar" for a milly or two.

no doubt about it, hell, even 200k a year, He's been doing it for how long now? Thats living real ****ing nice!!

Dream Job no doubt. work for what 5 months a year, then do nothing for 7 come on now.

Micjones 11-27-2012 08:06 AM

Between calling games, Chiefs Live, and the radio show?
He's being paid handsomely.

htismaqe 11-27-2012 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morphius (Post 9155785)

I'm waiting for him to send a shout out to Touchdown Weasel!

htismaqe 11-27-2012 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 9156085)
Between calling games, Chiefs Live, and the radio show?
He's being paid handsomely.

Mitch also does Valley basketball. He's really, really great on the radio.

htismaqe 11-27-2012 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCinNY (Post 9155768)
Top flight radio play-by-play guy.

This.

Saulbadguy 11-27-2012 08:26 AM

He used to do both the K-State and the Chiefs broadcasts.

htismaqe 11-27-2012 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 9156126)
He used to do both the K-State and the Chiefs broadcasts.

Yep, never heard him do KSU. Have heard him do Valley hoops and he's really good...

threebag 11-27-2012 08:37 AM

Who would you rather have? Kenny Albert? **** THAT. Keep up the good work Mitch.

WilliamTheIrish 11-27-2012 10:07 AM

Mitch is one of those guys who you meet and he'll remember your name. He's usually very descripitive on his broadcasts. Although I was listenting on the radio last Sunday and he wasn't as sharp as he usally is with set up. Plus he has to carry Len.

I thought K-State was really lucky to go from Mitch to Greg Sharpe on their radio broadcasts from late 80's through late 90's. KSU changed from WIBW broadcasts some other contract and lost Sharpe to the Nebraska Cornhuskers. If Mitch ever moved on I think Greg Sharpe would be great replacement.

I have to listen to a guy named Wyatt Thompson do KSU athletics now. His descriptions include:

(lots of dead air) + describing a tackle "And he's breaking outside!!! and corralled for 2 yard gain". Or "Colin, takes the snap.... (play is unfolding for 3.4-4.0 seconds in silence) .. all of a sudden "He's at the 35 - 40 - breaks into the clear" (So you think Klein is going to run for days). And he's taken down at the 41!!!! Maybe the 41.5 yard line".

We call it "Wyattvision". He describes a kickoff as an "End-over-ender".

Well Wyatt, most of them are you nitwit. He's terrible.

Saulbadguy 11-27-2012 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamInnerCircle (Post 9156335)
Mitch is one of those guys who you meet and he'll remember your name. He's usually very descripitive on his broadcasts. Although I was listenting on the radio last Sunday and he wasn't as sharp as he usally is with set up. Plus he has to carry Len.

I thought K-State was really lucky to go from Mitch to Greg Sharpe on their radio broadcasts from late 80's through late 90's. KSU changed from WIBW broadcasts some other contract and lost Sharpe to the Nebraska Cornhuskers. If Mitch ever moved on I think Greg Sharpe would be great replacement.

I have to listen to a guy named Wyatt Thompson do KSU athletics now. His descriptions include:

(lots of dead air) + describing a tackle "And he's breaking outside!!! and corralled for 2 yard gain". Or "Colin, takes the snap.... (play is unfolding for 3.4-4.0 seconds in silence) .. all of a sudden "He's at the 35 - 40 - breaks into the clear" (So you think Klein is going to run for days). And he's taken down at the 41!!!! Maybe the 41.5 yard line".

We call it "Wyattvision". He describes a kickoff as an "End-over-ender".

Well Wyatt, most of them are you nitwit. He's terrible.

Between the rings. Moving from left to right. End over ender. Fires....!

I love Wyatt-isms.

KevB 11-27-2012 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 9156508)
Between the rings. Moving from left to right. End over ender. Fires....!

I love Wyatt-isms.

The excitement of a 2 yard gain vs. the monotone of a 25 yard gain at times is baffling.

scho63 11-27-2012 12:23 PM

Listening to him and Kendall right now and they spend so much time talking about "positives" like we won the game....JFC guys what the hell are you watching?

Why isn't anyone screaming about Daboll's stupid option pass play in the Red Zone?

These guys are such spinmeisters

InChiefsHeaven 11-27-2012 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 9156650)
Listening to him and Kendall right now and they spend so much time talking about "positives" like we won the game....JFC guys what the hell are you watching?

Why isn't anyone screaming about Daboll's stupid option pass play in the Red Zone?

Dude. Who signs their paychecks? Don't listen if you can't accept that...

bobbything 11-27-2012 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9156110)
This.

I agree. He's one of the best in the business. However, the Kingdom show is bad. Excellent play-by-play, not so excellent at hosting a show.

rabblerouser 11-27-2012 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 9156650)

that play in particular is beyond baffling.

It came after Charles was running good and Quinn was being efficient...so Daboll decides to start running Hillis...and throwing with Hillis...

:LOL:

baddiechiefsdiva 11-27-2012 04:51 PM

Some of You all need to back off Mitch. He is a great announcer and very loyal to the chiefs organization. I happen to go to the shows on Monday nights and its honestly like therapy for true chiefs fans. So what if its a little cheesy? We need something to bring us out of all this crap we have been dealing with this season! Like some posted before me, he does remember everyones name that he meets-- and he does remember where they are from, what college team is local, and so on and so forth. I happen to like people like that. I don't know what he gets paid but he is a good guy so don't attack his character.

gblowfish 11-27-2012 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baddiechiefsdiva (Post 9157379)
Some of You all need to back off Mitch. He is a great announcer and very loyal to the chiefs organization. I happen to go to the shows on Monday nights and its honestly like therapy for true chiefs fans. So what if its a little cheesy? We need something to bring us out of all this crap we have been dealing with this season! Like some posted before me, he does remember everyones name that he meets-- and he does remember where they are from, what college team is local, and so on and so forth. I happen to like people like that. I don't know what he gets paid but he is a good guy so don't attack his character.

I like Mitch. But I hate "The Kingdom" show.
It's Pioli propaganda. And it's turd polishing at its finest.

But, if you like going every week, enjoy your cult, and keep drinkin' the red kool aid!

http://i49.tinypic.com/2rr1b0k.png

baddiechiefsdiva 11-27-2012 05:02 PM

Trust me it is NOT Pioli propaganda

gblowfish 11-27-2012 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baddiechiefsdiva (Post 9157425)
Trust me it is NOT Pioli propaganda

Put the hammer down, baby.

baddiechiefsdiva 11-27-2012 05:22 PM

LOL

NJChiefsFan 11-27-2012 05:49 PM

Eh idk. I don't listen to his stuff right now because I can't handle the angle he will be coming from, forced or not. I do know that Looney used to bother me on his podcasts when he didn't understand hate of a certain player. Kid was organized though, I will give him that.

mikeyis4dcats. 11-27-2012 05:55 PM

he has to tout the company line in public, but if you get him in a small group he trusts you will get his real opinion. and it's far from the company line.

Sfeihc 11-27-2012 07:12 PM

It's not his fault Pioli sucks.

BoneKrusher 11-28-2012 07:10 AM

the Chiefs pay him:
Four calling birds,
Three French hens,
Two turtle doves,
And Danny Partridge in a pear tree.

wazu 11-28-2012 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baddiechiefsdiva (Post 9157379)

Are you one of the ones he calls out when the show starts? Honestly, this show absolutely fascinates me. I half wondered if they were paying fans to show up and cheer.

Mitch is a weirdo, but he's been doing it long enough now that he's part of the KC landscape and its part of his charm. Does seem like a genuinely good guy as well who loves the Chiefs.

007 11-28-2012 07:52 AM

Who cares what he makes or what he talks about. Just about everyone here would kill to have his job and would gladly say whatever Clark wants.