ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Am I wrong to be worried about this? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267291)

KC native 12-02-2012 03:10 PM

Am I wrong to be worried about this?

I can see the Chiefs doing enough to **** up the #1 draft pick now (two weeks ago I would have said no way).

If we end up 4th and Peeholi is retained, I think we draft the LB out of ND. Gives him a chance to say Brady is the guy now and they have to do something about the hole Belcher left. Draft a 2-4th round qb and we get stuck with another year of suckitude?

Someone please tell me that I'm wrong and there is no way that happens.

cookster50 12-02-2012 03:10 PM

Yes, yes you are wrong to worry about it.

In58men 12-02-2012 03:11 PM

I feel the same way the OP does.

Fat Elvis 12-02-2012 03:11 PM

It is going to happen so I wouldn't worry about it.

stonedstooge 12-02-2012 03:12 PM

Chunt probably announces this week that Pisoli has been extended. Fans will be hesitant to complain with the shit that happened on Saturday

-King- 12-02-2012 03:12 PM

Stop worrying. We win 1 game after losing 8 straight and people start thinking we're about to start some winning streak LMAO. CP sure is paranoid.

KC native 12-02-2012 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9172431)
Stop worrying. We win 1 game after losing 8 straight and people start thinking we're about to start some winning streak LMAO. CP sure is paranoid.

I know my Chiefs. The only thing they are good at is shooting themselves in the foot.

cdcox 12-02-2012 03:14 PM

Quote:

You've been a Chiefs fan for what, about two weeks?

KC kid 12-02-2012 03:14 PM

We played a nearly perfect game and still barely beat a shitty Carolina team at home

SPchief 12-02-2012 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stonedstooge (Post 9172428)
Chunt probably announces this week that Pisoli has been extended. Fans will be hesitant to complain with the shit that happened on Saturday

Yep, just was waiting for the perfect time to announce it. "After the great way Scott has handled the this weeks tragedy and with the way we've played the last portion of our schedule. We are pleased to announce that Scott has been extended."

Chiefs Pantalones 12-02-2012 03:15 PM

I wouldn't be worried. The Panthers are just as bad as we are. We'll be drafting #1 overall.

cabletech94 12-02-2012 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stonedstooge (Post 9172428)

this would be the absolute BEST time for hunt to announce it. while this place would implode, it'd be the SMARTEST time to do it.

(did i tell you i graduated with a PR degree?)

keg in kc 12-02-2012 03:16 PM

This franchise in the last 18 years or so has turned pulling defeat from the jaws of victory into an art form, and in this instance, defeat is not getting the #1 pick. So there's plenty of reason to worry.

Psyko Tek 12-02-2012 03:16 PM

yes we are cynical bastard and this is how it plays out

but quinn did look good todya

The Apostle 12-02-2012 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 9172413)
I can see the Chiefs doing enough to **** up the #1 draft pick now (two weeks ago I would have said no way).

If we end up 4th and Peeholi is retained, I think we draft the LB out of ND. Gives him a chance to say Brady is the guy now and they have to do something about the hole Belcher left. Draft a 2-4th round qb and we get stuck with another year of suckitude?

I am having a difficult time worrying about any of that today. Just seems insignificant.

Rasputin 12-02-2012 03:17 PM

YES we should be worried about it. I am.

A Salt Weapon 12-02-2012 03:18 PM

I worry about this too, unless Quinn does become the next championship winning qb.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ceej 12-02-2012 03:18 PM

Go rub one out.

All will be back to normal next Sunday

tk13 12-02-2012 03:19 PM

The 2nd half of this schedule has always been weak. We still have to play the Browns and Raiders. They aren't any good either, anything could happen.

The other thing people aren't even considering is the Broncos may not have anything to play for that last week. If that happens Manning will probably play a couple series and we'll face Osweiler. I do not remotely think this team will win every remaining game, but none of the remaining games would be a shocker if they won.

Baby Lee 12-02-2012 03:21 PM

You're wrong to worry about it whether it comes to fruition or not. You're descending into a spiral of being so tired of looking for things to be optimistic regarding this team that you are inventing scenarios you believe to be nightmare scenarios.

Odds are that Pioli, RAC and Cassel are gone for good. Cassel is a must and most likely a lock to be gone, retaining either or both of the other two isn't optimum but isn't the end of the world either.

RunKC 12-02-2012 03:24 PM

There is nothing to worry about. We'll have the 1st or 2nd pick in the draft at the end of the season and Quinn will be gone.

We're getting either Geno or Wilson.

Rasputin 12-02-2012 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 9172499)
You're wrong to worry about it whether it comes to fruition or not. You're descending into a spiral of being so tired of looking for things to be optimistic regarding this team that you are inventing scenarios you believe to be nightmare scenarios.

Odds are that Pioli, RAC and Cassel are gone for good. Cassel is a must and most likely a lock to be gone, retaining either or both of the other two isn't optimum but isn't the end of the world either.

We are talking about the Chiefs

From the fiffy anything can happen

YES I am worried

cdcox 12-02-2012 03:25 PM

Quote:

If the coaching staff and Pioli were to stay at the helm for 20 years (ignore the effect of age on RAC), how many times do you think they would make the playoffs? Win the SB?

It would be a disaster if both of them stayed.

Baby Lee 12-02-2012 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9172524)
We are talking about the Chiefs

From the fiffy anything can happen

YES I am worried

I heard that Pioli has secretly secured the services of Greg Robinson and Jimmy Raye as RAC's new coordinators, plans to bring in Rich Kotite as a special quality control Asst. HC, and is bringing Pacman Jones out of retirement on a blockbuster new contract.

Things are in motion, folks.

jaa1025 12-02-2012 03:50 PM

Quote:

Yep. This is what I feel is going to happen.

Easy 6 12-02-2012 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9172472)
Go rub one out.

All will be back to normal next Sunday

Yep, this teams multiple problems didnt magically disappear today.

It was a close win at home, a well deserved one at that... but it hasnt really changed anything.

BlackHelicopters 12-02-2012 03:55 PM

You are correct to worry that we will screw up no matter what position we draft in. The KC pro sports way.

Rasputin 12-02-2012 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 9172718)
I heard that Pioli has secretly secured the services of Greg Robinson and Jimmy Raye as RAC's new coordinators, plans to bring in Rich Kotite as a special quality control Asst. HC, and is bringing Pacman Jones out of retirement on a blockbuster new contract.

Things are in motion, folks.

http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/...e/22c0a755.gif

MahiMike 12-02-2012 04:26 PM

Quote:

We're not worried about running of 5 straight. But that's not the point. This was one of the swing games - playing another team vying for the #1 pick. It's like losing 2 spots.

KC native 12-02-2012 04:32 PM

Quote:

Cassel is done for sure. RAC is more than likely than gone.

The thing that worries me is that Peeholi is retained and he still thinks he can find another Brady. Considering his ego and past behavior, I can see him using the Belcher tragedy to draft the clean cut "patriot way", mormon LB from Notre Dame and we'll be marginally better next year so we won't get an elite QB then.

The Chiefs can still royally **** this up. The #1 or #2 pick are by no means a lock for us.

chiefzilla1501 12-02-2012 04:32 PM

I think the Chiefs play pretty well to close the season. This is the situation Romeo was built for. Players will rally around him.

It is the same shit that is getting Bruce Arians all kinds of mad props. It's the same shit I warned all of you about when we hired Romeo after a few good games after Haley was fired.

It wouldn't surprise me if the Chiefs look pretty good to close the season. It wouldn't surprise me if that buys Pioli and RAC time. And if those things happen, we are going to suck again next year.

I love being a Chiefs fan.

KC native 12-02-2012 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9172510)
There is nothing to worry about. We'll have the 1st or 2nd pick in the draft at the end of the season and Quinn will be gone.

We're getting either Geno or Wilson.

I hope you're right.

ncCHIEFfan 12-02-2012 05:13 PM

http://www.kcchiefs.com/media-center...f-f890a01ddf37

Be afraid....very afraid!!!

htismaqe 12-02-2012 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 9172894)
We're not worried about running of 5 straight. But that's not the point. This was one of the swing games - playing another team vying for the #1 pick. It's like losing 2 spots.

Not really. Beating Oakland or Cleveland would be far more damaging.

bobinkc 12-02-2012 06:36 PM

Be VERY worried. After this weekend I put the odds of Chunt keeping Peeholi at 50/50. If there is a way to **** things up...the Chiefs and Royals will figure out how to do it.

R8RFAN 12-02-2012 06:41 PM

Raiders will have a higher draft than the Chiefs.... Bank on it

ILChief 12-02-2012 06:42 PM

See how they do after the emotion fades

Dallas Chief 12-02-2012 09:59 PM

In this scenario who would be drafting in front of us and do they have a QB need? Cleveland? Probably won't go QB again. Jags? Probably won't go QB again. Arizona? Possibly go QB. Who am I missing? Guess I think even if we end up drafting 4th, we have a damn good shot at getting Geno or Barkley. So yeah, I'm not worried about it yet.

007 12-02-2012 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9173504)

We have spirit yes we do. We have spirit how bout you?

Chiefs Pantalones 12-02-2012 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9174779)
We have spirit yes we do. We have spirit how bout you?

He's hoping. Just like we're hoping they win some games so they'll keep Palmer.

rabblerouser 12-02-2012 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 9172440)
You've been a Chiefs fan for what, about two weeks?

weird time to jump on the bandwagon...plenty of room though.

NJChiefsFan 12-02-2012 11:23 PM

How can anyone get on someone for being worried about this. Where have you been the last 40 years? For those of you like me who weren't alive during the early struggles, have you ever read up on your favorite team? There is reason to always wonder just how the **** they are going to do the wrong thing. Its not just trying to be dramatic, its what this franchise is.

Paranoid? Um, yes. If you pack up before the fat lady sings then you are just asking for heartbreak.

GoChargers 12-03-2012 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9173504)

Your Raidahz actually have draft picks? I thought they traded them all for Carson Palmer ROFL

AussieChiefsFan 12-03-2012 12:09 AM

Nup

DaneMcCloud 12-03-2012 01:12 AM

Yes, be worried.

htismaqe 12-03-2012 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9175066)
How can anyone get on someone for being worried about this. Where have you been the last 40 years? For those of you like me who weren't alive during the early struggles, have you ever read up on your favorite team? There is reason to always wonder just how the **** they are going to do the wrong thing. Its not just trying to be dramatic, its what this franchise is.

Paranoid? Um, yes. If you pack up before the fat lady sings then you are just asking for heartbreak.

Unfortunately, this is true.

Hard to get any hope built up when the bad stuff just continues to pile up.

durtyrute 12-03-2012 08:04 AM

Quote:

That's pretty much what is going to happen. #yourchoice

R8RFAN 12-03-2012 08:55 AM

Seriously, as much as the Raiders have been through, they deserve the #1 Overall pick

htismaqe 12-03-2012 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9175546)
Seriously, as much as the Raiders have been through, they deserve the #1 Overall pick

They just had the #1 pick and spent it on Jamarcus Russell. They should be disqualified from ever having the #1 pick again.

R8RFAN 12-03-2012 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9175553)
They just had the #1 pick and spent it on Jamarcus Russell. They should be disqualified from ever having the #1 pick again.

We asked for a do over

Discuss Thrower 12-03-2012 09:21 AM

The sooner folks get to accepting SP will be back will be for the better. Best decide now if it's worth caring about the team in the near future or not.

Frosty 12-03-2012 11:50 AM

I can easily see this team beating Oakland, Cleveland and a Bronco team that's resting its starters and then having RAC and Pioli retained because of the "great way they held the team together after the tragedy". They will then pick around #4 and take a corner.

Reaper16 12-03-2012 11:51 AM

This is Kansas City sports. Screwing ourselves out of seemingly-inevitable salvation is the only thing we are truly great at.

KC native 12-03-2012 11:55 AM

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH I TOLD YOU GUYS TO TELL ME I WAS WRONG.

I really see this scenario playing out. I think we'll be 1-3 in the draft and we draft a mormon so Peeholi can continue to avoid his qb mistake. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Dave Lane 12-03-2012 11:57 AM

Quote:

If this comes to pass I'm done as a fan till Pioli is gone.

bevischief 12-03-2012 12:00 PM

I have a feeling that if they keep wining they will think that we have our QB and not draft one.

htismaqe 12-03-2012 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 9176139)
If this comes to pass I'm done as a fan till Pioli is gone.

You're better than me.

I'll be done as a Chiefs fan, PERIOD. I'll go root for the Packers or somebody, or maybe the Bears.

Mr. Flopnuts 12-03-2012 12:11 PM

I could easily see this team winning it's next two games on the road. They've found something to rally around, and they're better than the teams they're playing. When they had no heart, they couldn't beat anyone. Now that they have something to rally around, they're probably going to play strong. I could even see them stealing one from Indy, or Denver.

I don't think it's going to save Pioli, or Romeo's job, but I do think it's going to slide us into the 3-5 range. I hate to say it. I didn't think it until this morning, but the more and more I see these guys talking, I think they're back to playing to win again.

So the next question is, how long does Geno last, and who behind him is someone we can live with at QB? Yeah, I'm worried now.

htismaqe 12-03-2012 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9176206)
I don't think it's going to save Pioli, or Romeo's job, but I do think it's going to slide us into the 3-5 range.

At that point, you have to hope the new GM and HC will do what it takes to trade up.

Mr. Flopnuts 12-03-2012 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9176211)
At that point, you have to hope the new GM and HC will do what it takes to trade up.

Yeah, because the teams ahead of us are going to also have QB issues. If Geno is the 12th rated player on a board but that team needs a QB forget about it. He's going first.

R8RFAN 12-03-2012 02:39 PM

Barkley will be there for you... Don't worry