ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News JWhit doubles down on Guns, NRA, KKK (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267341)

HonestChieffan 12-03-2012 06:44 PM

JWhit doubles down on Guns, NRA, KKK

Jason is really a bit out there. This sort of thing does not bode well for anyone

http://rolandmartinreports.com/blog/...urder-suicide/

Video at the link.

WHITLOCK: Sports gets so much attention, and people tune out the real world, that I try to take advantage of the opportunity to talk about the real world when sports lends itself to that and try to open people’s eyes. You know, I did not go as far as I’d like to go because my thoughts on the NRA and America’s gun culture – I believe the NRA is the new KKK. And that the arming of so many black youths, uh, and loading up our community with drugs, and then just having an open shooting gallery, is the work of people who obviously don’t have our best interests [at heart].

I think it’s obvious if you’ve traveled abroad, and traveled to countries where they have legitimate gun laws, that we don’t have to have what we have in America, where people somehow think a gun enhances their liberty, and that people somehow think a gun makes them safer. It just doesn’t. A gun turns some kids listening to music into a murder scene. And uh, you know, if you don’t have a gun, you drive home. You know, kids listening to some loud music, you don’t like it, you go home and complain to your wife. But when you have a gun, you open fire, potentially, and take the life of a child.

Frazod 12-03-2012 06:47 PM

Yeah, as an NRA member, my primary motivation is arming the ****ing thugs who'd like to steal my shit and murder me. :drool:

KCTitus 12-03-2012 06:50 PM

Given Jason's previous rants on black culture, I found it hypocritical to blame the NRA for the arming of black criminals or black on black crime.

Shame, really, but his motivations were more narcissistic than that. As an NRA (errr KKK member), I know that my money goes to arming blacks to kill blacks :rolleyes:

BigMeatballDave 12-03-2012 06:51 PM

Anti-gun people are morons.

Frazod 12-03-2012 06:52 PM

So much for all the goodwill this guy's generated for himself through SOC.

Paniero 12-03-2012 06:52 PM

Really? Morons who are supported by evidence.

ShowtimeSBMVP 12-03-2012 06:53 PM

What Jason doesn't get was Belcher shot her nine times that is rage. She was gonna die with or without a gun.

Easy 6 12-03-2012 06:54 PM

I'm still a newly minted Jwhit fan, he did a LOT for us, more than we probably know... but i do not agree here.

The bad elements will have weapons no matter the law, so its good that normal citizens have the option to arm themselves in defense, or just for sport, hobby, it doesnt matter.

No one is ever going to be able to "de-gun" America, this and that may end up being made harder to obtain, but the right to bear arms in this country isnt going anywhere.

Sorry, Jason.

HonestChieffan 12-03-2012 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9177512)
What Jason doesn't get was Belcher shot her nine times that is rage. She was gonna die with or without a gun.

Jasons getting face time on the big stage. JW could give a shit about what happened. HBO, Fox Sports....trying madly to be relevant and get back on ESPN

Frazod 12-03-2012 07:00 PM

I love this bit:

"I think it’s obvious if you’ve traveled abroad, and traveled to countries where they have legitimate gun laws, that we don’t have to have what we have in America, where people somehow think a gun enhances their liberty, and that people somehow think a gun makes them safer. It just doesn’t. A gun turns some kids listening to music into a murder scene. And uh, you know, if you don’t have a gun, you drive home. You know, kids listening to some loud music, you don’t like it, you go home and complain to your wife. But when you have a gun, you open fire, potentially, and take the life of a child."

HEY WHITLOCK, YOU IDIOT, the kind of people who do this aren't NRA members. The kind of people who do this don't legally procure guns. They also aren't the kind of people who obey gun laws, or any laws, for that matter. I might want to shoot a carload of ****ing punks blasting their hip hop so load that it's making my rearview mirror vibrate, but since I'm not a ****ing lowlife shitbag criminal, I just turn up my own stereo and try to get away from them.

HonestChieffan 12-03-2012 07:01 PM

OReilly doing a story on Belcher. Im betting he libs out in an anti gun spin

HonestChieffan 12-03-2012 07:05 PM

Replaying Costas bullshit......Quoted JWhit.....Not to bad a take by OReilly. He basically used the platform to go after mandatory time in pen. Now on to Juan Williams who is a lib nitwit

teedubya 12-03-2012 07:07 PM

The Powers that Be will use any situation they can to further their agenda... JWhit is unknowingly trumpeting their agenda...

If we have no guns... those that have them will slaughter those who have no way to protect themselves. It's been like that throughout time.

Those who have the guns become the barbarians... and those who are law-abiding and don't have guns... end up dead in ditches when the regime decides it's time to cull the flock.

memyselfI 12-03-2012 07:08 PM

He needs to be careful. He is treading in territory that might not be wise.

Goldmember 12-03-2012 07:08 PM

I don't really know where I stand on this issue. I don't own a gun but I'm thinking of getting a hand gun for personal protection. I've gone to shooting ranges a couple of times, but would take hand gun training classes if I bought one. If confronted with a situation where my life or my family was at danger, I'm not sure how I'd react. If you hesitate to shoot the bad guy, you may die. I have a pretty bad temper and I think a gun could get me into trouble. There were times during my divorce (20 years ago) I had some pretty bad thoughts of what to do to my ex-wife. If I had a gun, it I might have gone through with it and could have ended up like Belcher. It was one of the low points of my life, but I sought out counseling because I didn't feel in control of my anger.

In regards to the pro gun people, how do you explain the high number of deaths by guns in the US compared to other countries? The statistics seem to support tighter gun controls, or is this just twisted information?

Below is a US state by state comparison-

http://www.theatlantic.com/national/...deaths/69354/#

HonestChieffan 12-03-2012 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldmember (Post 9177585)
I don't really know where I stand on this issue. I don't own a gun but I'm thinking of getting a hand gun for personal protection. I've gone to shooting ranges a couple of times, but would take hand gun training classes if I bought one. If confronted with a situation where my life or my family was at danger, I'm not sure how I'd react. If you hesitate to shoot the bad guy, you may die. I have a pretty bad temper and I think a gun could get me into trouble. There were times during my divorce (20 years ago) I had some pretty bad thoughts of what to do to my ex-wife. If I had a gun, it I might have gone through with it and could have ended up like Belcher. It was one of the low points of my life, but I sought out counseling because I didn't feel in control of my anger.

In regards to the pro gun people, how do you explain the high number of deaths by guns in the US compared to other countries? The statistics seem to support tighter gun controls, or is this just twisted information?

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Justice...a-is-safer-now

orth reading since they reference data that is newer than 2007. The dude at the Atlantic was doing a history lesson, not reporting.

notorious 12-03-2012 07:23 PM

Emotional subject for an emotional crowd.

Iowanian 12-03-2012 07:24 PM

Maybe he should be focusing on abuse of prescription drugs mixed with booze benders, appropriate separation techniques and spousal abuse.

Focus on the shit that actually caused this mess.

If any inanimate object helped cause this, it wasn't the gun.

KCTitus 12-03-2012 07:25 PM

Quote:

...In regards to the pro gun people, how do you explain the high number of deaths by guns in the US compared to other countries? The statistics seem to support tighter gun controls, or is this just twisted information?

It's a bit misleading when you take into account population. It would be more accurate if you looked at urban/rural populations versus statewide. The most restrictive gun laws are in NYC and DC. They're typically highest when you look at cities versus states. In any event, Im willing to take my chances...its my free liberty at stake. Someone wants to perpetrate crime on me, they better be ready for a gun fight.

saphojunkie 12-03-2012 07:27 PM

Quote:

I totally agree.

notorious 12-03-2012 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 9177664)
Maybe he should be focusing on abuse of prescription drugs mixed with booze benders, appropriate separation techniques and spousal abuse.

Focus on the shit that actually caused this mess.

If any inanimate object helped cause this, it wasn't the gun.

Guns get a lot more attention a.k.a readers.

Goldmember 12-03-2012 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HonestChieffan (Post 9177652)
http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Justice...a-is-safer-now

orth reading since they reference data that is newer than 2007. The dude at the Atlantic was doing a history lesson, not reporting.

I may have missed something here, but there's nothing in this article to indicate more guns equates to less crime.

Iowanian 12-03-2012 07:31 PM

I wonder if Whitlock or Bob Costas were banging the gong for Knife Control when OJ killed his wife and her boyfriend.....or when Ray Lewis' posse killed people after the superbowl.......

saphojunkie 12-03-2012 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCTitus (Post 9177669)
It's a bit misleading when you take into account population. It would be more accurate if you looked at urban/rural populations versus statewide. The most restrictive gun laws are in NYC and DC. They're typically highest when you look at cities versus states. In any event, Im willing to take my chances...its my free liberty at stake. Someone wants to perpetrate crime on me, they better be ready for a gun fight.

What you need to do here is point people to Switzerland. They have a higher gun ownership rate and almost no gun violence.

Then he comes back with how Switzerland also has much stricter gun laws.

Then you come back with our gun laws work perfectly when people follow them. Swiss gun laws work because they have a manageable population and less crime in general.

Goldmember 12-03-2012 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCTitus (Post 9177669)

You see, it's self-perpetuating. "They have guns, so I need guns". That's why I'm thinking of getting a gun, and to take out zombies during the apocalypse.

Spott 12-03-2012 07:31 PM

Quote:

Yeah, in a fit of rage he could have just as easily killed her with his bare hands especially considering the physical shape that he was in.

Iowanian 12-03-2012 07:33 PM

I'd rather point them to Chicago or Washington DC which have the toughest gun regulation in the country and highest crime and murder rates.

notorious 12-03-2012 07:34 PM

NRA is the KKK.

Words can not explain the level of stupidity in that.

KCTitus 12-03-2012 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9177697)
Then you come back with our gun laws work perfectly when people follow them....

Bingo! The law abiding follow the laws, the lawless dont. Which is why the need for the citizens to have guns. You got it!

I'll excuse the 'manageable population' comments...I'll let it go.

saphojunkie 12-03-2012 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 9177707)
I'd rather point them to Chicago or Washington DC which have the toughest gun regulation in the country and highest crime and murder rates.

Not as effective, as the gun control is because of the crime and not vice-versa. But still a valid point.

KCTitus 12-03-2012 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldmember (Post 9177699)
You see, it's self-perpetuating. "They have guns, so I need guns". That's why I'm thinking of getting a gun, and to take out zombies during the apocalypse.

Bottom line is you can only protect yourself and your loved ones. No one else is going to do it when something bad happens. Be greatful you have the right to do so.

MahiMike 12-03-2012 07:36 PM

Quote:

Maybe. But his choice of weapon is the go-to weapon in this country.

Ultra Peanut 12-03-2012 07:37 PM

Gosh, it sure is incendiary and unthinkable to suggest that the widespread availability of something that enables you to kill another person in the blink of an eye may help some crimes of passion escalate from verbal or physical assault to murder. How preposterous~

Someone talked about gun violence after yet another (mass) murder involving guns? DEARIE ME, I DO BELIEVE I HAVE THE VAPORS. Won't someone think of the poor guns?

saphojunkie 12-03-2012 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCTitus (Post 9177719)
Bingo! The law abiding follow the laws, the lawless dont. Which is why the need for the citizens to have guns. You got it!

I'll excuse the 'manageable population' comments...I'll let it go.

Whoops, that was supposed to be his next argument. I'm sure you can take it from there.

KCTitus 12-03-2012 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultra Peanut (Post 9177730)
Gosh, it sure is incendiary and unthinkable to suggest that the widespread availability of something that enables you to kill another person in the blink of an eye may help some crimes of passion escalate from verbal or physical assault to murder. How preposterous~

Like Kitchen knives? or hammers or hatchets or axes? silly us.

HonestChieffan 12-03-2012 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldmember (Post 9177684)
I may have missed something here, but there's nothing in this article to indicate more guns equates to less crime.

Like most things related to the subject its correlation.....Gun ownership is at an all time high as I understand it. And as the article states crime is down rather substantially. Is one a cause of the other? Probably not. But, neither can we say that the rise in gun ownership has created more crime.

KCTitus 12-03-2012 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9177733)
Whoops, that was supposed to be his next argument. I'm sure you can take it from there.

Yeah, best to stop once you've stepped in it.

HonestChieffan 12-03-2012 07:40 PM

What Jason missed was the opportunity to focus on domestic violence in the black community.Its not a gun culture thing.

Ultra Peanut 12-03-2012 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCTitus (Post 9177738)
Like Kitchen knives? or hammers or hatchets or axes? silly us.

Yes, indeedy, you can kill people with just about anything. How many of those items allow you to kill a loved one in the heat of an argument from across the room?

Whatever. Guns are a religion in the US and absolutely nothing can convince True Believers. I get it.

Like, I'm not suggesting we ban guns or anything. That's functionally impossible and I understand that. But this incessant clutching of pearls whenever someone says, "Hey guys, guns can be a pretty shitty thing to add to a lot of situations" is intolerably pathetic. You have what you want, no one's taking your guns. Stop being enormous babies about it.

Iowanian 12-03-2012 07:41 PM

Law abiding citizens should never be punished due to the actions of an irresponsible murderer fueled on pills and booze.

It's already illegal to abuse prescription drugs.
It's already illegal to drink and drive.
It's already illegal to commit an act of physical harm on your spouse.
it's already illegal to shoot someone who isn't threatening to you or your family.

It's great to know another restriction on law abiding citizens will protect us all from pill popping, drunken people with murderous intentions.

Piss up a rope.

KCTitus 12-03-2012 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultra Peanut (Post 9177750)
Yes, indeedy, you can kill people with just about anything. How many of those items allow you to kill a loved one in the heat of an argument from across the room?

Whatever. Guns are a religion in the US. I get it.

Not sure, how many, but I would guess anything sharp enough or heavy enough to throw would do the trick. Given that he was an NFL player, Im going to guess he needed nothing but his bare hands. But, yeah, I get it too...it has nothing to do with the act, but the political motivation of some.

KCTitus 12-03-2012 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HonestChieffan (Post 9177748)
What Jason missed was the opportunity to focus on domestic violence in the black community.Its not a gun culture thing.

Well, that wouldnt have gotten him so much play on NBC football or other media outlets, now would it?

Ultra Peanut 12-03-2012 07:45 PM

Ah yes, there we go. "HOW DARE YOU POLITICIZE THIS ISSUE! GUNS HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS," gun fan says after unspeakable tragedy the moment anyone associates this gun crime with guns.

http://i.minus.com/iZQxxXkOe6nbr.gif

Goldmember 12-03-2012 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCTitus (Post 9177765)
Not sure, how many, but I would guess anything sharp enough or heavy enough to throw would do the trick. Given that he was an NFL player, Im going to guess he needed nothing but his bare hands. But, yeah, I get it too...it has nothing to do with the act, but the political motivation of some.

Actually, IMO, killing someone with a gun is less personal than with your bare hands or stabbing them to death. It's faster and more effective, in most cases.

Ultra Peanut 12-03-2012 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldmember (Post 9177793)
Actually, IMO, killing someone with a gun is less personal than with your bare hands or stabbing them to death. It's faster and more effective, in most cases.

No see, guns are EXACTLY THE SAME as knives. How dare you suggest otherwise!

KCTitus 12-03-2012 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultra Peanut (Post 9177779)
Ah yes, there we go. "HOW DARE YOU POLITICIZE THIS ISSUE! GUNS HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS," gun fan says after unspeakable tragedy the moment anyone associates this gun crime with guns.

lol...cute.

Ultra Peanut 12-03-2012 07:51 PM

guns guns sex bomb guns fart shit

KCTitus 12-03-2012 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldmember (Post 9177793)

You're right...and then why would anyone want to do so, is the question. A normal, sane law abiding citizen is not going to just go out and 'off' someone for no reason.

Demonpenz 12-03-2012 07:55 PM

Whitlock is on fire.

ShowtimeSBMVP 12-03-2012 08:45 PM

Jason Whitlock ‏@WhitlockJason

just taped podcast with Bob Costas. Will be released tomorrow by noon eastern.

Jason just trolling now...........

FlaChief58 12-03-2012 08:52 PM

Fatlock's a moran? Whoda thunk it :hmmm:

BigMeatballDave 12-03-2012 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultra Peanut (Post 9177750)

Like, I'm not suggesting we ban guns or anything. That's functionally impossible and I understand that. But this incessant clutching of pearls whenever someone says, "Hey guys, guns can be a pretty shitty thing to add to a lot of situations" is intolerably pathetic. You have what you want, no one's taking your guns. Stop being enormous babies about it.

Stop being babies about it?

That's ****ing rich.

Every time there is a crime involving a gun, you liberals cannot wait to inject your ****ing agenda. Go crawl up Bob Costas' ass.

No group cries more than the anti-gun crowd.

BigMeatballDave 12-03-2012 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9178019)
Jason Whitlock ‏@WhitlockJason

just taped podcast with Bob Costas. Will be released tomorrow by noon eastern.

Jason just trolling now...........

Major attention whoring

FlaChief58 12-03-2012 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9178175)

That's ****ing rich.

Every time there is a crime involving a gun, you liberals cannot wait to inject your ****ing agenda. Go crawl up Bob Costas' ass.

This. Belcher's head was so ****ed up that he felt the need to do what he did. The gun was simply a tool used to commit a terrible crime but, not having a gun would not have prevented it. He had it in his mind that she needed to die and could have just as easily used a knife, bat, hammer, car or a thousand other inanimate objects to do it.

dtebbe 12-03-2012 10:00 PM

I told you clowns, he's just an attention whore. He's cashing in on another 15 mintues...

The new KKK.. give me a Fing break. If there was a new KKK his azz would be SFT by now.

DT

L.A. Chieffan 12-03-2012 10:08 PM

I own several guns and I think whit is right about a lot. the racism shit is cliche tho, don't patronize us Jason

Bewbies 12-03-2012 10:11 PM

The KKK was the militant arm of the democrat party that used the tactics we know about to keep the newly voting blacks from voting Republican (and to punish white R's who helped them)

JWhit will be pissed when he reads that MLK Jr was an R, and that it was the D's that fought every right he now holds as a black man.

I like what he's done for SOC but it wouldn't kill the guy to open a history book or two...

Dayze 12-03-2012 10:15 PM

there should be more restrictions on ribs. ribs kill.

DaneMcCloud 12-03-2012 10:37 PM

I've already stated my position but the butthurt is about as epic as it comes around.

LMAO

BIG_DADDY 12-03-2012 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9178175)

That's ****ing rich.

Um, he lost his ability to inject.

KCWolfman 12-03-2012 10:45 PM

More people are murdered by firearms in South Africa than any other nation (more than 3 times that of the US, while affording about 1/6th of the American population. The laws include a 2 year waiting period.

Well, Jason, don't let facts get in the way of a good rant.

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cr...-with-firearms

Frazod 12-03-2012 10:45 PM

I wonder what Whitlock will think about Whoopi Goldberg being a member of the NRA. Will he send her a white pointy hood to wear?

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/josh-st...hes-member-nra

KCWolfman 12-03-2012 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultra Peanut (Post 9177730)

Someone talked about gun violence after yet another (mass) murder involving guns? DEARIE ME, I DO BELIEVE I HAVE THE VAPORS. Won't someone think of the poor guns?

I agree, let's get rid of automobiles immediately!

KCWolfman 12-03-2012 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9178591)
I wonder what Whitlock will think about Whoopi Goldberg being a member of the NRA. Will he send her a white pointy hood to wear?

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/josh-st...hes-member-nra

Nope, he figured she suffered enough when she dated this:

http://www.paunchstevenson.com/photo...ackface-1b.jpg

BIG_DADDY 12-03-2012 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9178435)
there should be more restrictions on ribs. ribs kill.

Ribs will kill that idiot. Not one of these libtards will ever back up their shit with real numbers it's all a bunch of sensationalistc BS.

RINGLEADER 12-03-2012 11:01 PM

Countries with legitimate gun laws that forbid the people from defending themselves against oppressive governments? Does he understand why the right to bear arms exists, or is he just stupid?

RaiderH8r 12-03-2012 11:02 PM

We should get rid of the football for without the football there would be no need to put player safety at risk chasing the thing around.

ChiefsOne 12-03-2012 11:12 PM

What would Whitlock think if we did like other countries by not having fast food on every corner? Bet he wouldn't like not getting his Whopper and Big Mac's.

Plus I'm sure his fat ass would enjoy walking or riding a bike most places.

2bikemike 12-03-2012 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RINGLEADER (Post 9178634)
Countries with legitimate gun laws that forbid the people from defending themselves against oppressive governments? Does he understand why the right to bear arms exists, or is he just stupid?

He's just stupid. Wait tell they come for his 1st ammendment.

KCWolfman 12-03-2012 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2bikemike (Post 9178682)
He's just stupid. Wait tell they come for his 1st ammendment.

He will smile and say "thank you for the free healthcare"

CrazyPhuD 12-03-2012 11:47 PM

ROFL....ok second post in a long time...what's funny is that I was just talking to a professor friend of mine that I really should have joined NRA already...but generally didn't want to have to deal with the associated heat because I live in occupied territory....but after this I'm calling the NRA tomorrow to sign up for my life membership. Actually given this I may just see if I can go straight to an endowment membership. Thanks Jason...hopefuly like obama is to gun sales you will be to NRA memberships.

Gravedigger 12-03-2012 11:50 PM

I'm not an NRA member, and I don't own a gun, but honestly if Belcher would've done what he did with a knife, this story never gets written. Whitlock using a tragedy to reiterate his own thoughts on a subject that is very loosely connected is in poor taste. You can't always attack guns when something like this happens, if he would've written an article that opened eyes about NFL players and spousal abuse, or domestic violence, then it would've been a better read.

GoChargers 12-04-2012 12:19 AM

What an incredibly idiotic article... I'd expect nothing less from a gun-grabber.

The fact is, if the gun-grabbers' message was anywhere near as strong as advertised, they wouldn't all always need to glom onto the latest high-profile gun crime to start spewing their garbage.

Ming the Merciless 12-04-2012 12:26 AM

How ****ing dumb.

He sounds reeruned...

Ming the Merciless 12-04-2012 12:26 AM

How ****ing dumb.

He sounds reeruned...

BWillie 12-04-2012 01:41 AM

Quote:

Good lord...for the love of god never get a gun.

Ace Gunner 12-04-2012 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HonestChieffan (Post 9177469)
Jason is really a bit out there. This sort of thing does not bode well for anyone

http://rolandmartinreports.com/blog/...urder-suicide/

Video at the link.

WHITLOCK: Sports gets so much attention, and people tune out the real world, that I try to take advantage of the opportunity to talk about the real world when sports lends itself to that and try to open people’s eyes. You know, I did not go as far as I’d like to go because my thoughts on the NRA and America’s gun culture – I believe the NRA is the new KKK. And that the arming of so many black youths, uh, and loading up our community with drugs, and then just having an open shooting gallery, is the work of people who obviously don’t have our best interests [at heart].

I think it’s obvious if you’ve traveled abroad, and traveled to countries where they have legitimate gun laws, that we don’t have to have what we have in America, where people somehow think a gun enhances their liberty, and that people somehow think a gun makes them safer. It just doesn’t. A gun turns some kids listening to music into a murder scene. And uh, you know, if you don’t have a gun, you drive home. You know, kids listening to some loud music, you don’t like it, you go home and complain to your wife. But when you have a gun, you open fire, potentially, and take the life of a child.

I'm pretty sure Jwhit meant to say "illegally obtained guns" as well as "illegal drug use". He's talking about the black market that nobody, including groups such as the NRA, wants to confront. I'd agree, but the other premises he brings forward I do not agree with.

Ace Gunner 12-04-2012 07:14 AM

Quote:

That link/report is not very useful in the analysis of gun related murder because it excludes the most common drug associated with gun related murder -- alcohol.

Have a look at this-

Alcohol link in 47% of murders

ALMOST half the homicides between 2000 and 2006 involved the consumption of alcohol, according to figures in a report.

A paper released by the Australian Institute of Criminology showed that of the 1565 murders recorded in that period, 746 or 47 per cent were classified as alcohol-related and, in 60 per cent of these incidents, the victim and offender had been drinking alcohol.

The Alcohol and Homicide in Australia paper drew on victim toxicology reports.

The institute's general manager (research), Dr Judy Putt, said eight of 10 homicides occurring in recreational venues were alcohol related and homicides on weekends or evenings were most likely to involve alcohol.

"Factors like gender, employment status, age, the relationship between victim and offender, as well as whether those involved were of indigenous backgrounds, affected the likelihood of alcohol being involved," Dr Putt said.

"Homicides involving male victims, unemployed victims and young offenders were also identified as most likely to have been alcohol related."

The paper also shows that 44 per cent of intimate partner homicides were alcohol related.

"The study found homicides where a male victim was killed by a female intimate partner were highly likely to be related to alcohol consumption (73 per cent), indicating that it is a more significant factor in intimate partner homicide than indicated by previous studies.

"Eighty-seven per cent of intimate partner homicides among the indigenous population were alcohol related, making it the highest proportion of alcohol-related homicide of all factors studied," Dr Putt said.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/national/alcoh...#ixzz2E5XxDyr1

Bob Dole 12-04-2012 07:18 AM

Nice. Thanks to Costas' bit at halftime Sunday night, Jason is on the NRA radar. Bob Dole will post the ILA email response if nobody else gets to it. (Copy and paste is a PITA from mobile.)

Mr. Flopnuts 12-04-2012 07:59 AM

I don't own a gun, but I'm a firm believer in the 2nd amendment. Outside of that, whatever.