ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Foles, Wilson, and Cousins (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267508)

JohnnyHammersticks 12-09-2012 04:10 PM

Foles, Wilson, and Cousins

Forget trading up for Tannehill, Luck, or Griffin--we could have had any of these 3 guys and they would have instantly been the best QB on our team and probably would've made us competitive this season. Given the steaming pile of shit that we had at QB coming into the season, if Clark Hunt is imbecilic enough to let the same guy who passed on these guys pick the next guy then **** the ****ing Chiefs. Have fun explaining a season ticket base of 10,000.

If not for a couple holdovers on offense and defense from the disastrous Carl Peterson era, we'd be one of the worst teams of the last 50 years--if we're not anyway. Pioli has absolutely no idea how to evaluate talent at by far the most important position in the NFL. None whatsoever. He got lucky and drafted Tom Brady as an afterthought and he's built his entire fortune on that one, lucky-ass move. I'd like to punch that fat, bald-headed prick right in the mouth for what he's done to this already pathetic franchise.

Rams Fan 12-09-2012 04:12 PM

Cousins hasn't even started a game. JFC

He's had a comeback, sure. But the other time RGIII went out, he was less than stellar.

The Bad Guy 12-09-2012 04:14 PM

Cousins gets an absurd amount of love for a few drives (I just edited because I saw the end of game heroics.)

Wilson would have been a great find. This fanbase would have ****ing loved him.

Too bad Pioli can't scout to save his ****ing life.

loochy 12-09-2012 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 9193590)

He's had a comeback, sure. But the other time RGIII went out, he was less than stellar.

He hasn't been as "less than stellar" as our QBs though

The Bad Guy 12-09-2012 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9193600)
He hasn't been as "less than stellar" as our QBs though

If our QBs are the measuring stick, then grab anyone off the waiver wire and it's an upgrade.

loochy 12-09-2012 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9193606)
If our QBs are the measuring stick, then grab anyone off the waiver wire and it's an upgrade.

Yes, I know.

kcpasco 12-09-2012 04:17 PM

Or Kapernick

Micjones 12-09-2012 04:18 PM

Wilson is the only QB whose name belongs in this discussion.

JohnnyHammersticks 12-09-2012 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 9193590)

If you've watched him play for more than 5 minutes and you can't tell that he's better than Cassel or Quinn, then I've got a pair of stylish designer-framed glasses that I'd like to show you, Mr. Pioli. They'll make your face look less fat.

htismaqe 12-09-2012 04:21 PM

The thread title is an insult to Russell Wilson.

Bob Dole 12-09-2012 04:22 PM

But, but, but...

There was open competition for the starting QB job in training camp. Bob Dole read it, so it must be true!

Would not have mattered one ****ing bit who we had on this roster opening day. Mark Castle was going to start, come hell or high water.

htismaqe 12-09-2012 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks (Post 9193632)
If you've watched him play for more than 5 minutes and you can't tell that he's better than Cassel or Quinn, then I've got a pair of stylish designer-framed glasses that I'd like to show you, Mr. Pioli. They'll make your face look less fat.

My grandma is better than Cassel and Quinn.

Setsuna 12-09-2012 04:24 PM

Cousins and Foles need to be deleted from any comparison or conversation with Wilson. Wilson is in discussions with RGIII and Luck. He should be OROY because he was taken so late and is doing equally as well as them.

Rams Fan 12-09-2012 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks (Post 9193632)

I didn't say that he wasn't better than Cassel or Quinn, I just don't think you can judge him off of 1 amazing performance and 1 less than stellar one.

Bob Dole 12-09-2012 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9193643)
My grandma is better than Cassel and Quinn.

At???

htismaqe 12-09-2012 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Dole (Post 9193672)
At???

Just about everything.

htismaqe 12-09-2012 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 9193658)
I didn't say that he wasn't better than Cassel or Quinn, I just don't think you can judge him off of 1 amazing performance and 1 less than stellar one.

We are so starved for a QB that people actually like the thought of acquiring Kirk ****ing Cousins.

Rams Fan 12-09-2012 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9193686)
We are so starved for a QB that people actually like the thought of acquiring Kirk ****ing Cousins.

Would he be more entertaining to watch then Quinassel? Probably. But that doesn't mean he'd be the solution.

Oh, and you guys only have 3 more games left of watching the flaming pile of shit Quinassel, I would think. I thought that after Crennel benched Cassel that that was the sign that Cassel is on his way out.

JohnnyHammersticks 12-09-2012 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 9193620)
Wilson is the only QB whose name belongs in this discussion.

So you're saying Nick Foles wouldn't even be in the discussion as being the starter between him, Cassel, and Quinn? That's just the kind of complete stupidity that keeps people buying tickets at Arrowhead.

Nick Foles vs Tampa 32/51 381 yds 2 tds 0 int

Brady Quinn vs Tampa 22/38 180 yds 0 td's, 2 ints

htismaqe 12-09-2012 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 9193691)
Would he be more entertaining to watch then Quinassel? Probably. But that doesn't mean he'd be the solution.

Precisely.

htismaqe 12-09-2012 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks (Post 9193692)
So you're saying Nick Foles wouldn't even be in the discussion as being the starter between him, Cassel, and Quinn? That's just the kind of complete stupidity that keeps people buying tickets at Arrowhead.

Nick Foles vs Tampa 32/51 381 yds 2 tds 0 int

Brady Quinn vs Tampa 22/38 180 yds 0 td's, 2 ints

Do you want to win a Super Bowl?

Better than Cassel or Quinn isn't the ****ing goal.

Better than bad <> good.

JohnnyHammersticks 12-09-2012 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9193701)
Do you want to win a Super Bowl?

Better than Cassel or Quinn isn't the ****ing goal.

Better than bad <> good.

I believe my post said "probably would have made us more competitive", not anything about winning a Super Bowl. I thought my post was pretty self-explanatory, but then I'm not from Kansas or Missouri, so let me slow it down for you. My point was that any of these 3 guys would be better than what we have, so let's not let the same guy who passed on these 3 guys pick the next guy. Do you understand now, or should I use crayons?

Pasta Little Brioni 12-09-2012 04:44 PM

....and Geno will be an upgrade over any of these slapdicks.

Bump 12-09-2012 04:45 PM

Pioli would never have tried to get us a good QB. He was determined to live or die with Cassel. He should die, but he won't. Clark won't fire him yet, GM's always get at least 10 years it seems, at least with KC it does.

We are stuck with Pioli and he'll probably draft Landry Jones or some shit with the #1 pick.

-King- 12-09-2012 04:45 PM

Wilson is the only one that belongs in any conversation involving QBs.

And Geno has more potential than all 3 Qbs combined.

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-09-2012 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks (Post 9193580)
Forget trading up for Tannehill, Luck, or Griffin--we could have had any of these 3 guys an-

Stop right there, sir.

And we would have nevar known the joy of Chocolate Penii.

JohnnyHammersticks 12-09-2012 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9193739)

So you don't think Foles or Cousins is as good as Stanzi/Quinn/Cassel? You agree with Pioli in that if you had Cassel, Quinn, and Stanzi on your roster that you're so set at QB that you wouldn't want to take a stab at Foles or Cousins in the 3rd round? Because that's what you're saying.

Rams Fan 12-09-2012 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks (Post 9193761)
So you don't think Foles or Cousins is as good as Stanzi/Quinn/Cassel? You agree with Pioli in that if you had Cassel, Quinn, and Stanzi on your roster that you're so set at QB that you wouldn't want to take a stab at Foles or Cousins in the 3rd round? Because that's what you're saying.

No. What he's saying is that none of them-aside from Wilson- are part of the solution.

JohnnyHammersticks 12-09-2012 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 9193767)
No. What he's saying is that none of them-aside from Wilson- are part of the solution.

Did my post say that they were part of the solution, or did my post say that they probably would have made us more competitive than the guys we had, so let's not let the same guy who passed over them--given what we had--pick the next guy?

****ing illiterates....

istas 12-09-2012 04:56 PM

And Dalton instead of Baldwin.

ArrowheadMagic 12-09-2012 04:57 PM

Its why you draft one and take the chance. You do whatever it takes to find the right person at the most important position on the field. You keep swinging until you hit.

Setsuna 12-09-2012 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9193739)

And Geno has more potential than all 3 Qbs combined.

That's an ignorant statement. You are still, to this day, underestimating Wilson. You haven't learned shit from what's been right in front of your eyes.

Pasta Little Brioni 12-09-2012 04:58 PM

Don't forget Assweiler for those halftime "massages" to Horsey Jr!!!

htismaqe 12-09-2012 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks (Post 9193729)
I believe my post said "probably would have made us more competitive", not anything about winning a Super Bowl. I thought my post was pretty self-explanatory, but then I'm not from Kansas or Missouri, so let me slow it down for you. My point was that any of these 3 guys would be better than what we have, so let's not let the same guy who passed on these 3 guys pick the next guy. Do you understand now, or should I use crayons?

I am not from Kansas or Missouri either you giant ****ing tool.

Lets shoot for competitive, yeah! Participation trophies for everyone.

The Bad Guy 12-09-2012 04:59 PM

Wilson isn't in the same stratosphere as Luck or Griffin in terms of QB play. That's not a slight on him, but those 2 guys are carrying their teams.

Wilson is put in great spots by a great defense.

RGIII and Luck don't have that luxury.

JohnnyHammersticks 12-09-2012 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadMagic (Post 9193793)
Its why you draft one and take the chance. You do whatever it takes to find the right person at the most important position on the field. You keep swinging until you hit.

I wouldn't mind if we took a QB with every pick in the draft this year. I'm serious. I've been watching the Chiefs since the late 70's, and I'm sick of never, ever having a good qb that wasn't picked off some other team's scrap heap.

Rams Fan 12-09-2012 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks (Post 9193780)
Did my post say that they were part of the solution, or did my post say that they probably would have made us more competitive than the guys we had, so let's not let the same guy who passed over them--given what we had--pick the next guy?

****ing illiterates....

No one gives a shit if the team is competitive with the guys they have. It's all about winning the Super Bowl.

WildTurkey 12-09-2012 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9193801)

Yay 9-7 or 10-6 and an early playoff loss every year!!! A chiefs true fans' wet dream

JohnnyHammersticks 12-09-2012 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9193801)

Sorry, if I would've known you were from Iowa, I would've just talked about ****ing cows in cornfields.

I believe the natural progression is becoming competitive, then challenging for championships.

The Bad Guy 12-09-2012 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WildTurkey (Post 9193821)
Yay 9-7 or 10-6 and an early playoff loss every year!!! A chiefs true fans' wet dream

My goal is the make the playoffs now.

We've been dogshit for too long. Making the playoffs with a QB drafted by KC would absolutely be a huge step for me as a fan.

If you want to pie in the sky hopes and say SB right now, be my guest.

-King- 12-09-2012 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks (Post 9193761)

What QB in the league ISN'T better than those 3?

-King- 12-09-2012 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 9193797)
That's an ignorant statement. You are still, to this day, underestimating Wilson. You haven't learned shit from what's been right in front of your eyes.

:rolleyes:

Crush 12-09-2012 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadMagic (Post 9193793)

TOO RISKY!!! /Laz

JohnnyHammersticks 12-09-2012 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9193830)
What QB in the league ISN'T better than those 3?

exactly

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-09-2012 05:06 PM

Quote:

It is the mother****ing TRUTH, and you will damned well begin embracing it.

JohnnyHammersticks 12-09-2012 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WildTurkey (Post 9193821)

Name all the teams that have gone from a losing record one year to a Super Bowl Championship the next year.

Rams Fan 12-09-2012 05:07 PM

Quote:

Then you have been as blind as a bat if you haven't seen how good Seattle's D is.

Rams Fan 12-09-2012 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks (Post 9193840)
Name all the teams that have gone from a losing record one year to a Super Bowl Championship the next year.

2 teams off of the top of my head.

1999 St. Louis Rams.
2001 New England Patriots.

Marcellus 12-09-2012 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 9193842)
Then you have been as blind as a bat if you haven't seen how good Seattle's D is.

Yea you are missing how good Wilson is. He is better than your QB for sure.

Wilson has outperformed RGIII and luck in many ways.

Stick your head back in the sand though.

Setsuna 12-09-2012 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthPioliSatan (Post 9193838)
It is the mother****ing TRUTH, and you will damned well begin embracing it.

:grovel:

Setsuna 12-09-2012 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 9193842)

STFU. Your #1 pick is and has been shit. The best player on your team is a rookie CB in Janoris Jenkins.

Rams Fan 12-09-2012 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9193853)

Give him the Colts D and tell me how he performs.

He's had a good season, no doubt, but not as good as Luck or RGIII.

Edit: Wilson reminds me more of Dalton than RGIII or Luck. I think Dalton is a decent if not good QB on a talented team.

WildTurkey 12-09-2012 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks (Post 9193840)

Did I say anything about a Super Bowl next year? I did not.. My point is to not settle on a qb because he's better than the shit we currently have. Doing that leads to 9-7 every year and losing in the playoffs. So go get your franchise qb and go for it instead of settling for just being good enough

Marcellus 12-09-2012 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 9193867)
Give him the Colts D and tell me how he performs.

He's had a good season, no doubt, but not as good as Luck or RGIII.

They have played a few of the same teams, all 3 of them, and Wilson's numbers are better.

Last I checked the QB plays against the same defense as the other guys right? We aren't just talking win losses we are talking personal performance.

Rams Fan 12-09-2012 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 9193866)
STFU. Your #1 pick is and has been shit. The best player on your team is a rookie CB in Janoris Jenkins.

He's led the Rams to comeback victories the last two weeks in the 4th quarter, but whatever.

JohnnyHammersticks 12-09-2012 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 9193850)

1999 St. Louis Rams.

So over 96% of the time, you have to have at least been competitive enough to have had a winning record the previous season to expect to win a Super Bowl the next season.

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-09-2012 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 9193860)
:grovel:

LMAO Rep.

That is the 9-7 True Fan Smiley, used in the immortal, "Do you suffer from TFS(?)"-thread.

In58men 12-09-2012 05:17 PM

Woulda coulda shoulda, dumb thread.

WildTurkey 12-09-2012 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 9193881)
Woulda coulda shoulda, dumb thread.

We would be so awesome if we'd only taken Aaron Rodgers instead of a DJ.. Dammit I need to hop into my TARDIS and make that happen

JohnnyHammersticks 12-09-2012 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WildTurkey (Post 9193869)
Did I say anything about a Super Bowl next year? I did not.. My point is to not settle on a qb because he's better than the shit we currently have. Doing that leads to 9-7 every year and losing in the playoffs. So go get your franchise qb and go for it instead of settling for just being good enough

Or, you could "settle" on one of those 3 guys instead of drafting a backup offensive lineman, and then when you draft your franchise QB, you have a solid backup, or a trade chip with good value.

Jesus, I never thought so many Chiefs fans were closet Scott Pioli lovers...

Dylan 12-09-2012 05:33 PM

RG3 or should we be talking about Albert Morris...

WildTurkey 12-09-2012 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks (Post 9193891)
Or, you could "settle" on one of those 3 guys instead of drafting a backup offensive lineman, and then when you draft your franchise QB, you have a solid backup, or a trade chip with good value.

Can you read? Where in any of my statements have I said anything supporting Pioli. I don't think Foles or Cousins are anywhere near as good as what we can get in this years draft. Having any desire for those two is ludicrous. Yes they are better than Cassel and Quinn but neither are franchise qb's.. They would be our ticket to "competitive" 9-7 football for a long time

chiefzilla1501 12-09-2012 05:50 PM

I think you guys are taking this the wrong way.

This isn't about whether these guys are superstars. It's that we spent this entire season developing a QB who had zero upside when we could have spent it on a guy who was at least a longshot. Completely arrogant to not even try.

RealSNR 12-09-2012 06:06 PM

Ricky Stanzi > Kirk Cousins

Seriously, folks. Quit pining for bullshit that nobody wants just because it's better than what we have.

We're getting Geno Smith. Enjoy the ****ing losses and quit your ****ing bitching.

"WAAAAAAHHHHH THE GAMES ARE UNWATCHABLE!"

DEAL WITH IT

RealSNR 12-09-2012 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9194003)

This isn't about whether these guys are superstars. It's that we spent this entire season developing a QB who had zero upside when we could have spent it on a guy who was at least a longshot. Completely arrogant to not even try.

Again, Ricky Stanzi is a longshot. The Chiefs apparently don't seem interested in developing longshots in a 2-11 year. So Foles/Assweiler/Cousins would have been put to waste. They'd be the 3rd string QB just like where Stanzi is right now

Pasta Little Brioni 12-09-2012 06:12 PM

I knew SNR would love this thread, heh.

Baby Lee 12-09-2012 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 9193850)

1999 St. Louis Rams.

More importantly, they went from losing record to multiple SBs in a short span.

-King- 12-09-2012 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9193853)

Wait...what now?

In what ways has he outperformed the two of them?

Setsuna 12-09-2012 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 9193874)
He's led the Rams to comeback victories the last two weeks in the 4th quarter, but whatever.

Yep I know those wins helped you all clinch your division. You = delusional

Pasta Little Brioni 12-09-2012 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dylan (Post 9193938)
RG3 or should we be talking about Albert Morris...

RG3. I could run for a grand in the Rat's system.

jspchief 12-09-2012 06:34 PM

Cousins came in and completed his first throw and I said to my wife "he's thrown 11 NFL passes and in a huge situation he shows more composure than either of our QBs ever show on even the most routine plays".

It's not that any of these guys have proven themselves to be exceptional NFL QBs. They just demonstrate how incredibly aweful our guys are.

007 12-09-2012 07:19 PM

Geno with Cousins as a backup.

JohnnyHammersticks 12-09-2012 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9194003)

Nice to hear from someone who can actually read a post.

JohnnyHammersticks 12-09-2012 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 9194230)
Cousins came in and completed his first throw and I said to my wife "he's thrown 11 NFL passes and in a huge situation he shows more composure than either of our QBs ever show on even the most routine plays".

It's not that any of these guys have proven themselves to be exceptional NFL QBs. They just demonstrate how incredibly aweful our guys are.

Thank you. I was beginning to think everyone here was completely brainless.

JohnnyHammersticks 12-09-2012 07:29 PM

I know Pioli went through something you wouldn't wish on your worst enemy with the whole Belcher thing, but if his ass doesn't get blown out of here the second the season ends, then Clark Hunt deserves all the criticism and loss of revenue he gets because only a complete fool would allow the same man who assembled this cluster***** of ineptitude we have at QB to try to pick the next cast.

htismaqe 12-09-2012 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9193829)
My goal is the make the playoffs now.

We've been dogshit for too long. Making the playoffs with a QB drafted by KC would absolutely be a huge step for me as a fan.

If you want to pie in the sky hopes and say SB right now, be my guest.

You don't take a QB in the draft with any goal LESS than winning it all. That's how you end up with a guy whose ceiling prevents you from winning one.

Sure, you take it one step at a time but you don't ever take your eyes off the real prize.

htismaqe 12-09-2012 07:58 PM

Quote:

:rolleyes:

Wanting a real franchise QB = loving Scott Pioli.

Just about the dumbest thing I have ever read on this board.

-King- 12-09-2012 08:01 PM

Quote:

2 out of those 3 guys suck ass and won't start more than 16 games in their entire career.

htismaqe 12-09-2012 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 9194230)

The original poster said we could have drafted Kirk ****ing Cousins.

That's not AT ALL about highlighting how bad our guys are. It's about wishing we would have drafted a mediocre game manager with limited physical skills and thinking that's ok because hell, at least he is better than Cassell.

GarH 12-09-2012 08:15 PM

If Foles can survive playing behind what Philly calls an offensive line (6 sacks today), he will turn out to be a very good QB. He's light years better than the QBs the Chiefs have. He was a total steal in the third round.