ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Electronics People and their technology annoy the shit out of me (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269290)

Dr. Johnny Fever 01-25-2013 12:30 AM

People and their technology annoy the shit out of me

I haven't started a worthless thread in a month... I'm due.

I'm at a high school baseketball game tonight. A woman in her 40's comes in and sits next to me and promptly pulls out her ipad. She spends the entire game ****ing around on facebook. I don't think she ever once looked up at the court. Now if she were working on some big important proposal for her law firm that had to be done and on the bosses desk first thing in the morning I could cut her some slack. But no... she was cruising ****ing facebook. Who the hell needs facebook this bad or needs to entertain themselves with their goddamn stupid technological gadgetry while out of the house? Who? ****ing idiots that's who!

I imagine she was probably there to "support" someone on the court tonight. A player? A pommer? That's why I was there... my daughter is a pommer. The thing is whoever she was "supporting" got the same amount of support they'd have gotten if she'd just buried her stupid head in that pos device while on her couch at home. She paid $6 to be physically at an event and not pay a goddamn bit of attention to it. I'd be curious to know if she knows what sport was being played. I paid $6 to see my daughter and her squad do a 3 minute performance at half time of a girls basketball game... a performance I've seen a half dozen times... but I actually watched the game and most importantly my daughter... made eye contact with her and yelled her name when it was over.

I'm sorry...... at one point in the 1st quarter I returned a text. I just want to be honest.

WTF is wrong with people?

/rant

*you missed me

Dr. Johnny Fever 01-25-2013 12:35 AM

I forgot to mention that me and ipad dummy were sitting courtside in the front row. I wished throughout that a player and/or ball would spill into her and break that Goddamn thing.

No refunds on your admission bitch.

Hey look! A baseketball game is going on!

ThaVirus 01-25-2013 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 9349581)
my daughter is a pommer.

Pics?

Dr. Johnny Fever 01-25-2013 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 9349588)
Pics?

She's out of your league... and we've been down this road before. Yawn.

Hammock Parties 01-25-2013 12:48 AM

This is a good thread so don't be ashamed.

KurtCobain 01-25-2013 12:48 AM

ThaVirus is actually a very stunning young man.

ThaVirus 01-25-2013 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Argo (Post 9349594)
ThaVirus is actually a very stunning young man.

Well thank you, Joey.

And you are correct. I'm easily the most attractive man he's never met.

kcxiv 01-25-2013 12:51 AM

People get bored easily. Tech has helped with that. People that don't like sports will be bored easily. They also have to be there. If I had a kid and I had to be at a ballet or some shit I'd probably do the same. But I'd make sure to at least watch some of it.

Hammock Parties 01-25-2013 12:51 AM

Your problem is you.

Worry about yourself, not about what that ipad bitch does.

http://screencrave.com/wp-content/up...s-Day-Off-.jpg

Dr. Johnny Fever 01-25-2013 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9349593)
This is a good thread so don't be ashamed.

No it isn't but I feel better... and I've never been ashamed anyway.

Phobia 01-25-2013 12:56 AM

I sat through a Catholic funeral today and didn't touch my phone once.

listopencil 01-25-2013 12:56 AM

Your thread has lost its burst. Let me help:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PZ0PCQwJP5E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dr. Johnny Fever 01-25-2013 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 9349599)
People get bored easily. Tech has helped with that. People that don't like sports will be bored easily. They also have to be there. If I had a kid and I had to be at a ballet or some shit I'd probably do the same. But I'd make sure to at least watch some of it.

I've sat through 6 hour dance recitals to see my kid do 4 dances out of 60. I really don't care that some adults don't have the capacity to pay attention to the kids they're there to pay attention to. You do it because you love and support your kids and by paying attention you get an appreciation for all the hard work they put in... plus it brings you closer to them. It's important to them that loved ones care enough to watch and clap and yell their name. ipad bitch doesn't get it and scores no points.

KurtCobain 01-25-2013 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9349607)
I sat through a Catholic funeral today and didn't touch my phone once.

Ha, I would hope so. Not even I would dare occupy myself during a rosary.

kcfanXIII 01-25-2013 01:08 AM

When I go to baseball games, i pray a foul ball hits people like that.

EdmontonChiefsFan 01-25-2013 01:08 AM

I flew down for the Ravens/Chiefs playoff game 2 years ago. I went all out and bought some club seats off Stub Hub. I am basically into the game for a couple of grand with flights, hotel, etc.

Anyways about 20 minutes late this guy walks in with his 10 year old daughter. She sat there and played on her gameboy, or whatever the hell they call them now, the whole time. They never spoke once. Then they left at the start of the 4th qtr. WTF is wrong with people? Oh yeah, and the guy bought a couple of beers and left em when they took off. I drank em. idiot !

Fairplay 01-25-2013 01:11 AM

I was at church the other week at my nephew texted about 20 times during it. I will say he hid it really good. I sat next to him so I couldn't help but notice it.

I thought it was sad he couldn't wait until afterwards.

I tried not to let it bother me though, hes a good kid.

Dr. Johnny Fever 01-25-2013 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcfanXIII (Post 9349621)
When I go to baseball games, i pray a foul ball hits people like that.

You and I have a bond now that can never be broken. Lucky you.

:D

Hammock Parties 01-25-2013 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairplay (Post 9349624)
I was at church the other week at my nephew texted about 20 times during it. I will say he hid it really good. I sat next to him so I couldn't help but notice it.

It's not sad, he's putting wasted time to good use at least.

KurtCobain 01-25-2013 01:14 AM

are you allowed to use your cellphone during church?

Fairplay 01-25-2013 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9349628)

Kept me from nudging him awake

ThaVirus 01-25-2013 01:17 AM

To actually contribute something to the thread, I'll go ahead and give my semi-rant on technology (which actually is more of a rant about stupidity and lack of consideration)..

Anywayyyyyy... So I'm at the local Health Department getting my routine STD check, right? Its located right in the core of the downtown area and its a public health facility so you can imagine the types of people they get strolling through there (I'm not saying- I'M JUST SAYING). Normally I'm only there for a couple hours, I don't have health insurance so a private doctor isn't really an option, and the peace of mind I get from my routine checks makes the bullshit worth it..

When I strolled in around 11 AM/noon-ish there were already a few people in the waiting area. There were a couple of ladies with a small child and a young dude that looked to be about 25. It wasn't too bad, except for the fact that the guy was playing music on his phone- sans headphones. Do you understand me? I SAID SANS HEADPHONES! We're all couped up in this little ass waiting area sweating bullets hoping the doctor lady doesn't tell us we have herpegonasyphilaids and this mother****er is playing 2 Chainz in the presence of a toddler.

Seriously, when did that become acceptable? I mean, your phone should already be off if only for the fact that there's a big ass sign that says NO CELL PHONES right in front of your douchbag face; but you don't even have the decency of throwing in your headphones while your favorite rapper says "I love bad bitches, that's my ****ing problem"!?! It was pretty annoying, but he had it at a decently low volume (it wasn't really overbearing, just a minor drone in the background) so after an hour or so I just got used to it.

BUT THEEEEEEENNNN, I hear the sound of the door opening (which was partitioned off behind the wall) accompanied by some extremely loud reggaeton bullshit (that's them there Spanish folk music for all you Mid-Westerners). A second later this young kid strolls into the waiting area with his phone in hand, which was the source of the annoying ass music that I guess he thought was like his theme song or some shit.

So now we're all stuck in the room with Lil Wayne and Daddy Yankee, neither of whom are budging! I shit you not, they both continued to play their music for several minutes like nothing was happening. At that point it was a thundering cacophony the likes of which would cause Helen Keller to say "**** THIS SHIT; I'M OUT!".

... But I stuck it out 'cause I like to know I'm HIV-free, you feel me?? Luckily they called me in shortly thereafter and I was able to escape those people and their damn technology.

Dr. Johnny Fever 01-25-2013 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairplay (Post 9349624)

Kids aside... I don't blame them, I blame the parents... if you're already so willing to show the world you're that bored somewhere then just don't go. If you know you need your ipad going in to be able to have a life for 2 hours then seek help. Life happens around you while you're afixed to a goddmamn screen.

And your post gets me on another thing that pisses me off. When did parents become so goddamn lazy as parents that they can't take the time to teach their kids the value of having an attention span? Just let the device babysit them.

No offense to your family... really. Many people are that way and it just pisses me right off.

Dr. Johnny Fever 01-25-2013 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Argo (Post 9349629)
are you allowed to use your cellphone during church?

If you really want to be there you won't need it. If you don't want to be there don't go.

Fairplay 01-25-2013 01:23 AM

Nothing that a switch and the woodshed can't fix.

EdmontonChiefsFan 01-25-2013 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 9349632)
To actually contribute something to the thread, I'll go ahead and give my semi-rant on technology (which actually is more of a rant about stupidity and lack of consideration)..

Anywayyyyyy... So I'm at the local Health Department getting my routine STD check, right? Its located right in the core of the downtown area and its a public health facility so you can imagine the types of people they get strolling through there (I'm not saying- I'M JUST SAYING). Normally I'm only there for a couple hours, I don't have health insurance so a private doctor isn't really an option, and the peace of mind I get from my routine checks makes the bullshit worth it..

When I strolled in around 11 AM/noon-ish there were already a few people in the waiting area. There were a couple of ladies with a small child and a young dude that looked to be about 25. It wasn't too bad, except for the fact that the guy was playing music on his phone- sans headphones. Do you understand me? I SAID SANS HEADPHONES! We're all couped up in this little ass waiting area sweating bullets hoping the doctor lady doesn't tell us we have herpegonasyphilaids and this mother****er is playing 2 Chainz in the presence of a toddler.

Seriously, when did that become acceptable? I mean, your phone should already be off if only for the fact that there's a big ass sign that says NO CELL PHONES right in front of your douchbag face; but you don't even have the decency of throwing in your headphones while your favorite rapper says "He loves bad bitches, that's my ****ing problem"!?!

Anyway, it was pretty annoying, but he had it at a decently low volume (it wasn't really overbearing, just a minor drone in the background) so after an hour or so I just got used to it. BUT THEEEEEEENNNN, I hear the sound of the door opening (which was partitioned off behind the wall) accompanied by some extremely loud reggaeton bullshit (that's them there Spanish folk music for all you Mid-Westerners). A second later this young kid strolls into the waiting area with his phone in hand, which was the source of the annoying ass music that I guess he thought was like his theme song or some shit.

So now we're all stuck in the room with Lil Wayne and Daddy Yankee, neither of whom are budging! I shit you not, they both continued to play their music for several minutes like nothing was happening. At that point it was a thundering cacophony the likes of which would cause Helen Keller to say "**** THIS SHIT; I'M OUT!".

... But I stuck it out 'cause I like to know I'm HIV-free, you feel me?? Luckily they called me in shortly thereafter and I was able to escape those people and their damn technology.

Sometimes shit needs to be said. And sometimes you just have to wait for these assholes to walk by you with their face in their phone and all of a sudden "oops". I'm sorry you didn't see my foot and you tripped and fell on your face.

Dr. Johnny Fever 01-25-2013 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairplay (Post 9349639)
Nothing that a switch and the woodshed can't fix.

The good ol days. When kids learned respect and took it into adulthood. Now the adults are as stupid as the kids.

Hammock Parties 01-25-2013 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 9349635)
If you really want to be there you won't need it. If you don't want to be there don't go.

Well, parents make them go.

That's how it was with me.

Didn't want to be there, had to go anyway.

****ing bullshit.

I got "caught" one time listening to the game on my transistor radio in the bathroom.

ThaVirus 01-25-2013 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9349646)
I got "caught" one time listening to the game on my transistor radio in the bathroom.

And by that, of course, you actually mean you got caught masterbating with a crucifix up your ass? Amirite?

Dr. Johnny Fever 01-25-2013 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 9349632)

Seriously, when did that become acceptable? I mean, your phone should already be off if only for the fact that there's a big ass sign that says NO CELL PHONES right in front of your douchbag face; but you don't even have the decency of throwing in your headphones while your favorite rapper says "He loves bad bitches, that's my ****ing problem"!?!

Anyway, it was pretty annoying, but he had it at a decently low volume (it wasn't really overbearing, just a minor drone in the background) so after an hour or so I just got used to it. BUT THEEEEEEENNNN, I hear the sound of the door opening (which was partitioned off behind the wall) accompanied by some extremely loud reggaeton bullshit (that's them there Spanish folk music for all you Mid-Westerners). A second later this young kid strolls into the waiting area with his phone in hand, which was the source of the annoying ass music that I guess he thought was like his theme song or some shit.

I feel this. People need a goddamn wake up call right upside their goddman heads anymore.

Dr. Johnny Fever 01-25-2013 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9349646)
Well, parents make them go.

That's how it was with me.

Didn't want to be there, had to go anyway.

****ing bullshit.

That's where parents teaching their kids about having respect, an attention span and some patience comes in. It's just too damn hard to make that effort anymore for many parents. Is it easy? Hell no. Is it what being a good parent entails? Yes. Nobody wants to do the hard work anymore though. Just hand your kid a gameboy to get you through the service then bitch and gnash your teeth when that kid has no respect or patience as they grow up. Gee... I wonder why....?

I hate my ex-wife for a thousand reasons and with the fire of a thousand hells but I will always give her this... she's a great parent and she's never taken shortcuts or excepted excuses. She did the hard work and taught me how to do it. People compliment us on how well behaved our daughter is. Some of them seem to think that happened by accident too.

ThaVirus 01-25-2013 01:40 AM

I'm a part of the younger generation so technology usually doesn't bother me that much; but I also have to wonder: what's up with the kids with their headphones in while texting/browsing the web on their phones while out at dinner with the family? Its something that I used to see all the time when I worked at TGI Fridays.

My gripe is not even so much with the kids, but moreso the parents. I mean, lets keep it real- when you're 14 years old just about anything is more entertaining than your parents. I would expect a teenager to want to be anywhere but with them, but why would parents even allow that? We didn't go out to eat much when I was growing up, but when we did I always felt like it was a treat. Not only some good food, but a good time hanging out with your family, shooting the shit..

I don't know. That's something that bothers me too.

Dr. Johnny Fever 01-25-2013 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 9349657)
I'm a part of the younger generation so technology usually doesn't bother me that much; but I also have to wonder: what's up with the kids with their headphones in while texting/browsing the web on their phones while out at dinner with the family? Its something that I used to see all the time when I worked at TGI Fridays.

My gripe is not even so much with the kids, but moreso the parents. I mean, lets keep it real- when you're 14 years old just about anything is more entertaining than your parents. I would expect a teenager to want to be anywhere but with them, but why would parents even allow that? We didn't go out to eat much when I was growing up, but when we did I always felt like it was a treat. Not only some good food, but a good time hanging out with your family, shooting the shit..

I don't know. That's something that bothers me too.

Again... I feel ya bro.

ThaVirus 01-25-2013 01:53 AM

And you know what else chaps my ass? (I'm in the ****ing zone right now, Chief- CAN'T STOP, WON'T STOP)

What's up with bitches and texting? What is it about words on a screen that girls love so damn much? I can't tell you how many girls I've known that want to be texting buddies. Why would you ever send me a text saying "Hey.."? So we can have a 6 hour text conversation that we could have wrapped up in 3 minutes had you decided to call me? AIN'T NOBODY GOT TIME FUH DAT!

And then there's the whole anonymity/safety behind a keyboard thing that you could apply to texting, message boards, chat rooms, etc. A lot of people these days (usually younger) are infinitely better at and more comfortable with typing a conversation than having one face to face.

To keep it short, I was once dating this girl and had something important to tell her so I called her and immediately started out with the "I have to talk to you.." line. This bitch literally said "I can't do this over the phone. Text me or e-mail it to me." then hung up....

Hammock Parties 01-25-2013 01:58 AM

It's not rocket science. Girls like attention. Most of them have shit for hobbies.

007 01-25-2013 02:04 AM

Yeah, when we go out as a family, I have my oldest put away his phone.

Dr. Johnny Fever 01-25-2013 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9349670)
It's not rocket science. Girls like attention. Most of them have shit for hobbies.

Says the kid who was caught listening to the game at church lol.

I like it too but it's just a game.

Dr. Johnny Fever 01-25-2013 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9349671)
Yeah, when we go out as a family, I have my oldest put away his phone.

Good parenting.

007 01-25-2013 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 9349675)
Good parenting.

He keeps trying to push me at the home dinner table though. Can't get him to understand that you can put the phone down for 20 minutes.

Hammock Parties 01-25-2013 02:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 9349674)
Says the kid who was caught listening to the game at church lol.

I like it too but it's just a game.

And it was more interesting than me than wasting my time singing praises to Jehovah.

Problem with that?

RunKC 01-25-2013 03:16 AM

I think the worst place for technology is the classroom and it's put teachers in a bad spot.

I had a week off work a few months ago and my gf is a high school teacher. She was sick, so I volunteered to sub for her one day. Well, to say the least, these snot-nosed little bastards text all day on their iphone, play with their ipad and listen to music on their ipods in class. I thought it was just normal because they knew a sub would be in class that day.

My gf told me those kids bring that shit in class all the time and there isn't much she can do about it because the parents defend the hell out of them.

And people wonder why kids these days aren't educated. Makes me sick.

mdchiefsfan 01-25-2013 04:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 9349666)
And you know what else chaps my ass? (I'm in the ****ing zone right now, Chief- CAN'T STOP, WON'T STOP)

What's up with bitches and texting? What is it about words on a screen that girls love so damn much? I can't tell you how many girls I've known that want to be texting buddies. Why would you ever send me a text saying "Hey.."? So we can have a 6 hour text conversation that we could have wrapped up in 3 minutes had you decided to call me? AIN'T NOBODY GOT TIME FUH DAT!

And then there's the whole anonymity/safety behind a keyboard thing that you could apply to texting, message boards, chat rooms, etc. A lot of people these days (usually younger) are infinitely better at and more comfortable with typing a conversation than having one face to face.

To keep it short, I was once dating this girl and had something important to tell her so I called her and immediately started out with the "I have to talk to you.." line. This bitch literally said "I can't do this over the phone. Text me or e-mail it to me." then hung up....

I haven't had this issue with the ladies. Most women want to talk my ear off on the phone so I tell them to text me. Saves me a bunch of rambling and saying, "Yea. Uh huh." 20,000 times, not to mention minutes on my cell phone. The conversation is concise and to the point because no one I know wants to have to type a shit ton, they just say what needs to be said to get their point across.

CoMoChief 01-25-2013 05:21 AM

Man I don't think I could sit there and act like I was interested in watching pomming.

I know it's your daughter but man..... I salute you.

Floridafan 01-25-2013 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 9349645)
The good ol days. When kids learned respect and took it into adulthood. Now the adults are as stupid as the kids.

Amen, I feel the same way. It really seems to be kids today under 20 that are the worst.

mdchiefsfan 01-25-2013 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Floridafan (Post 9349725)
Amen, I feel the same way. It really seems to be kids today under 20 that are the worst.

Wait for the kids being raised by the asshole kids you speak of. It's a downward spiral.

Floridafan 01-25-2013 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 9349729)
wait for their kids when these current asshole kids raise them. It's a downward spiral.

Yep, this country is in for a world of shit in the not to distance future.

Graystoke 01-25-2013 08:12 AM

Most likely you are just Old School.
No worries, I am to. I just don't get the purpose of things like Facebook, texting your pals all day etc..I mean it has its place, and I do use it when needed.
In fact my big gripe is meeting someone for a social beer, and them having them check their phone every second or text while your trying to have a conversation with them.
Its not going to get any better for people like us.

Strongside 01-25-2013 08:16 AM

And yet here you are...on a message board...on a computer...connected to the internet.

...You better not be at a basketball game.

Graystoke 01-25-2013 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 9349829)
And yet here you are...on a message board...on a computer...connected to the internet.

...You better not be at a basketball game.

True.
But don't you think that is different?
Not a soul in my office and just catching up on the drama of CP.

Lzen 01-25-2013 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 9349610)
I've sat through 6 hour dance recitals to see my kid do 4 dances out of 60. I really don't care that some adults don't have the capacity to pay attention to the kids they're there to pay attention to. You do it because you love and support your kids and by paying attention you get an appreciation for all the hard work they put in... plus it brings you closer to them. It's important to them that loved ones care enough to watch and clap and yell their name. ipad bitch doesn't get it and scores no points.

I know this is true. I sat through my daughter's first dance recital last May. Same type of deal. Had to sit through 4 hours of mostly people I didn't know only to see her do 3 routines and also join the whole group at the end. It was excruciating but I enjoyed watching her. :thumb:The things we do for our children.

But yeah, I agree. The iPad woman needs a lesson in how to be a good parent.

cookster50 01-25-2013 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 9349851)

But yeah, I agree. The iPad woman needs a lesson in how to be a good parent.

Next time OP sees her, he should shart on her.

Chiefshrink 01-25-2013 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9349628)

Wasted time ? Good use ?? It's called DENIAL and PRETENTIOUSNESS and not having a life outside of your phone. The non-stop ability to be SELFISHLY F'N RUDE whether intentional or not !! Many millions are addicted and must be entertained 24/7 and can't resist just like children who have discovered the mailbox for the first time. It's Xmas for them 24/7 !! What did I get today in my phone ????? And they can't stop-24/7 !!!!

Make this rule for yourself so that you are courteous to all and create emotional discipline for yourself and don't come off as a jerk. When it comes to family and friends and their special events that you have been invited to as Johnny Fever said "put the F'N PHONE AWAY !!! IF it is something urgent and time sensitive let your host know. You look like a million dollars when you do this. But IF YOU DON'T, the moment you pull your phone out whether you mean it or not you just made a HUGE STATEMENT without saying anything verbally at all. (You and your event are boring and I need to be entertained 24/7 !!) Family and friends don't need to compete with your phone !!!

Let's go back 25-35 yrs and think about when you were a kid and you got invited for a sleep over at your friend's house. You get there and immediately ask to use their phone. You never hang up and are talking to your other friends all night long totally ignoring your host friend !!! How RUDE IS THAT ???? This is the equivalent of what you are doing at family and friends special events !!! BE PRESENT AND ENGAGED !!

This younger generation is also emotionally stunted because of all this technology which enables emotional immediate gratification expectations at all times thus the divide becomes larger between the youth and older generations.

The youth (40 and younger) need to develop some phone manners and emotional discipline !!:rolleyes:

There ! I feel better now.;)

Fire Me Boy! 01-25-2013 09:32 AM

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/120/mylawnlarge2.jpg

Chiefshrink 01-25-2013 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 9350010)

Pretty much !!:thumb:

Strongside 01-25-2013 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graystoke (Post 9349840)
True.
But don't you think that is different?
Not a soul in my office and just catching up on the drama of CP.

lol I was just ribbing the OP. I hate that shit too. Seems like every time I go to dinner with my GF everyone around us is buried in their cell phones and not saying a word to each other. We've made it a habit to leave our phones in the car when we go into a restaurant. Try it sometime...it's actually great.

HC_Chief 01-25-2013 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 9350050)
lol I was just ribbing the OP. I hate that shit too. Seems like every time I go to dinner with my GF everyone around us is buried in their cell phones and not saying a word to each other. We've made it a habit to leave our phones in the car when we go into a restaurant. Try it sometime...it's actually great.

Dinner rule: everyone places their mobile devices face-down on the table. First one to pick it up & use it, pays the check.

Bwana 01-25-2013 10:00 AM

Heh, I was traveling earlier this week and some Nancy Boy driving a minivan was weaving all over the road in front of me doing 35 in a 70 MPH zone. I thought he was liquored up but when I passed him he was on his cell phone. I gave him the one finger salute, what a douche.

CaliforniaChief 01-25-2013 10:02 AM

We've never been so connected and yet so isolated at the same time. People don't even know how to talk to each other anymore.

Demonpenz 01-25-2013 10:07 AM

people have boring ass lives anyway. If everyone got off their phones they would tell you their story of Jenessa in accounting or some other boring shit like that. **** em....rather look at cat videos.

Deberg_1990 01-25-2013 10:07 AM

Post from a friend of mine on FB last night:

So im at my daughters basketball game tonight, and this rude, 40ish smelly guy sits right next to me all game and keeps looking at me. He reeked of beer. Disgusting!

Demonpenz 01-25-2013 10:09 AM

I pulled out my tim mcgraw and nelly album. It kept his shit at bay! YOLO

gblowfish 01-25-2013 10:32 AM

Maybe she's married to "Royals Book Guy."
http://tinyurl.com/6o4zjla

Graystoke 01-25-2013 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9350091)
Post from a friend of mine on FB last night:

So im at my daughters basketball game tonight, and this rude, 40ish smelly guy sits right next to me all game and keeps looking at me. He reeked of beer. Disgusting!

Haha Rep!

QuikSsurfer 01-25-2013 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9349680)
And it was more interesting than me than wasting my time singing praises to Jehovah.

Problem with that?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SYkbqzWVHZI?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rausch 01-25-2013 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 9350090)
people have boring ass lives anyway. If everyone got off their phones they would tell you their story of Jenessa in accounting or some other boring shit like that. **** em....rather look at cat videos.

Never thought of it like that but...yeah...true.

QuikSsurfer 01-25-2013 10:40 AM

And I say mind your own business.

Fire Me Boy! 01-25-2013 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9350197)
Never thought of it like that but...yeah...true.

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/sP4NMoJcFd4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

QuikSsurfer 01-25-2013 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 9350265)
<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/sP4NMoJcFd4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ROFL holy shit

Chest Rockwell 01-25-2013 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 9349581)
I'm at a high school baseketball game tonight.

Quote:

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p...Eketball_1.jpg

I had no idea it had caught on that much. But, I hear you man...how someone could not be absolutely riveted by that game is baffling.

Nzoner 01-25-2013 11:18 AM

Quote:

ROFL

OMG

cabletech94 01-25-2013 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 9349586)
I forgot to mention that me and ipad dummy were sitting courtside in the front row. I wished throughout that a player and/or ball would spill into her and break that Goddamn thing.

No refunds on your admission bitch.

yeah i agree with you and all.

but like you said, it was a basketball game. bet ipad bitch wouldn't have brought out the ipad if it was football. or baseball. have you seen the shorts that the girls volleyball teams wear nowadays? whoa!

:evil:

Graystoke 01-25-2013 02:30 PM

Quote:

OH MY!
And E-HARMONY no less....RUN!

houstonwhodat 01-25-2013 03:10 PM

I hate it when people talk loud on their telephone in public.

Like I give a shit about their life.

Ceej 01-25-2013 04:03 PM

Not a bad post, Mr. Noonanbeermebieberfever.

But, let's not act like this is only young people.

I went into Panera a few weeks back. Table of 8 or so 60 year olds. All on their phone.

I was like huhwtfyo.

Maybe it was a tutorial on how to use their spiffy new cell phones.

Wumbology 01-25-2013 04:41 PM

WTF I just tried to reload this page on my girlfriends macbook and there's no F5! What the hell, I guess that's my complaint about technology. No F keys on Macs. Wow. Just wow.

Fire Me Boy! 01-25-2013 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wumbology (Post 9351049)
WTF I just tried to reload this page on my girlfriends macbook and there's no F5! What the hell, I guess that's my complaint about technology. No F keys on Macs. Wow. Just wow.

:doh!:

If you need to press F5, you just press the F and the 5 keys at the same time. n00b.

Dr. Johnny Fever 01-26-2013 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9351000)
Not a bad post, Mr. Noonanbeermebieberfever.

But, let's not act like this is only young people.

I went into Panera a few weeks back. Table of 8 or so 60 year olds. All on their phone.

I was like huhwtfyo.

Maybe it was a tutorial on how to use their spiffy new cell phones.

I didn't. I said she was in her 40's. Maybe early 50's even.

:)

Dr. Johnny Fever 01-26-2013 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9349680)

Problem with that?

I don't care what your religious beliefs are or aren't. That wasn't the point.

Dr. Johnny Fever 01-26-2013 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9349699)
Man I don't think I could sit there and act like I was interested in watching pomming.

I know it's your daughter but man..... I salute you.

I'm interested in whatever kiddo wants to do because it's her doing it... as I would think any parent would be... but obviously that's not the case. It's fun to see her having success at anything she does and it's fun to watch because of that. No saluting needed.

I imagine you may not be a parent? You can get into pretty much anything your kid does.

Chiefshrink 01-26-2013 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 9354106)
I'm interested in whatever kiddo wants to do because it's her doing it... as I would think any parent would be... but obviously that's not the case. It's fun to see her having success at anything she does and it's fun to watch because of that. No saluting needed.

I imagine you may not be a parent? You can get into pretty much anything your kid does.

THIS !!