ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs So what would you feel is fair value for our pick (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270263)

chiefscafan 02-21-2013 08:42 PM

So what would you feel is fair value for our pick

So let's say we got a trade for our pick what do you think is fair value?

Canofbier 02-21-2013 08:44 PM

I think that we should trade our #1 overall pick to Mr. Goodell for a franchise QB.

Bewbies 02-21-2013 08:44 PM

If we get a franchise QB comp doesn't matter. If we don't get that there's not enough compensation in the world.

Rasputin 02-21-2013 08:48 PM

Geno Smith or bust.

I'd be happy if they just take a QB with our first pick and not **** around with it. Too risky to trade back and miss out on the best QB prospects in the draft.

htismaqe 02-21-2013 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canofbier (Post 9424259)
I think that we should trade our #1 overall pick to Mr. Goodell for a franchise QB.

Bingo.

RUSH 02-21-2013 08:50 PM

The Rams and Skins set the market last year.

There were basically 2 #1 overall picks in last year's draft.

Anything less than that haul the Rams received is unacceptable. And in this draft where the talent is flat up top, there is not going to be a team that will pay that.

That being said, it would be foolish to trade the pick unless a franchise QB is coming back KC's way. And there won't be because those guys don't get traded.

htismaqe 02-21-2013 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefscafan (Post 9424254)

You shouldn't have allowed trades man.

Ace Gunner 02-21-2013 08:56 PM

gee. no :D

htismaqe 02-21-2013 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RUSH (Post 9424271)

Anything less than that haul the Rams received is unacceptable. And in this draft where the talent is flat up top, there is not going to be a team that will pay that.

That being said, it would be foolish to trade the pick unless a franchise QB is coming back KC's way. And there won't be because those guys don't get traded.

This is a good start.

chiefscafan 02-21-2013 08:59 PM

Wish st Louis wanted it could get a good haul

BigRedChief 02-21-2013 09:10 PM

Quote:

That was for a RGIII level talent. Who is worth that to some other team?

chiefscafan 02-21-2013 09:13 PM

Maybe buffalo that owner said he wants a qb might be scared cardinals or raiders take them before. That buffalo pick next year might be a good one.

Coogs 02-21-2013 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefscafan (Post 9424288)
Wish st Louis wanted it could get a good haul

#1 is worth 3000 points.

#16 and #22 are worth around 1700-1800 combined. If they threw in one of their next years 1st's (they have 2 next year too), you might be in the ball park.

Still not sure if I would do that though.

BigRedChief 02-21-2013 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 9424311)
#1 is worth 3000 points.

#16 and #22 are worth around 1700-1800 combined. If they threw in one of their next years 1st's (they have 2 next year too), you might be in the ball park.

Still not sure if I would do that though.

Keep hearing that the old draft value chart is no longer valid.

wazu 02-21-2013 09:16 PM

Quote:

All that, and yet the Rams still got screwed.

htismaqe 02-21-2013 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefscafan (Post 9424310)
Maybe buffalo that owner said he wants a qb might be scared cardinals or raiders take them before. That buffalo pick next year might be a good one.

He wants Mike Glennon in a bad way.

Frankie 02-21-2013 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefscafan (Post 9424254)

3000 points.

Quote:

Anything less than that haul the Rams received is unacceptable

The target in that trade was RGIII. A hot commodity unmatched by anyone in this year's draft. That trade cannot be the measuring stick.

RealSNR 02-21-2013 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9424306)
That was for a RGIII level talent. Who is worth that to some other team?

With the way RGIII plays, I would rather have Geno Smith.

But that's neither here nor there. You're right... the perception out there is that teams don't want any of the top QBs this year. That's why trading is dumb this year. Nobody would win. The Chiefs wouldn't get their franchise QB and the other team would pay far too much out the ass to draft a ****ing tackle.

Coogs 02-21-2013 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9424318)

Yeah, I know. But what are you going to do until they come out with their new one? :shrug:

I didn't suffer through a 2-14 season to move all the way down to #16 for just an additional #22 pick.

BossChief 02-21-2013 09:21 PM

Quote:

I broke down a few of the trades from last years draft and the only one that didn't match up to the chart was the RG3 trade...trades for qbs always require more.

The people you keep hearing that from dont do their homework.

Frankie 02-21-2013 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 9424320)
All that, and yet the Rams still got screwed.

Not if RGIII is only good for a couple of years. The way he's getting hit, that's not unimaginable.

O.city 02-21-2013 09:26 PM

I think I've figured out why Chiefs fans are so for taking a retread. They've seen him play in the league, while he might not be (probably isn't as a team is trading him for a reason) good enough to get us to the playoffs or a SB, he's got enough experience and isn't bad enough for us to bottom out. He'll win a few games if we can get a good defense like we had in the 90s when Arrowhead was at it's best, we can have a great Sunday and BBQ, but we will never be bad enough to make us a laughingstock.

Well, it took Scott Pioli and his whole circus of **** nuts to bring down the big tent on this circus and with a retread backup QB we bottomed out. Now we have the first pick, some fans are terrified we're going to take a QB and he's going to bust, hell, he very well could.

But we went thru all that, now we have a QB guru who values the position, a GM who also does, both guys who have gotten the most success by drafting a QB high.

One or two of these QB's will separate himself in the next month or two, so lets give this other option a try. See what happens.

O.city 02-21-2013 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9424330)
I broke down a few of the trades from last years draft and the only one that didn't match up to the chart was the RG3 trade...trades for qbs always require more.

First off, they weren't trading to 1.

If we're trading from 1 to ****ing 16, we better damn well get the WHOLE 2nd round.

BossChief 02-21-2013 09:27 PM

Buffalos owner said they want to trade up for a QB...well, lets illustrate how much that would cost them to move to #1 overall.

#1 = 3000
#8= 1400

The value of future picks is cut in half of their current picks value, as a general guideline when teams have traded them for qbs in the past.

That means Buffalo would need to give up at least their next 2 firsts and their number 8 overall to get the deal done and that still leaves them 200 points shy.

That makes them give up their third this year. It's valued by 230 points.

So, if we were to move back to 8, we would get picks 8 and 72 this year as well as Buffalos next two first rounders.

Hammock Parties 02-21-2013 09:28 PM

If we trade the pick, Denise Milani has to have sex with the entire fanbase.

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...42315733_o.jpg

chiefscafan 02-21-2013 09:31 PM

Did u go 2-14 to draft a tackle and lose our left tackle sorry unles foles is coming I think we need to take geno.

htismaqe 02-21-2013 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9424330)

This.

htismaqe 02-21-2013 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9424346)
Buffalos owner said they want to trade up for a QB...well, lets illustrate how much that would cost them to move to #1 overall.

#1 = 3000
#8= 1400

The value of future picks is cut in half of their current picks value, as a general guideline when teams have traded them for qbs in the past.

That means Buffalo would need to give up at least their next 2 firsts and their number 8 overall to get the deal done and that still leaves them 200 points shy.

That makes them give up their third this year. It's valued by 230 points.

So, if we were to move back to 8, we would get picks 8 and 72 this year as well as Buffalos next two first rounders.

Yep.

I brought this up in regards to Foles. For us to trade down with Philly, we'd have to swap picks and the Chiefs would need to get Foles, a 1st next year, and either a 3rd rounder this year or a 2nd rounder next year.

BossChief 02-21-2013 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9424387)
Yep.

I brought this up in regards to Foles. For us to trade down with Philly, we'd have to swap picks and the Chiefs would need to get Foles, a 1st next year, and either a 3rd rounder this year or a 2nd rounder next year.

That's about right.

For the record, I wouldn't be terribly pissed if something like that went down, but I'd rather just keep our pick and draft Geno.

milkman 02-21-2013 10:03 PM

There isn't a single player worth trading up for other than QB, so this is worthless discussion.

Rasputin 02-21-2013 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9424407)
There isn't a single player worth trading up for other than QB, so this is worthless discussion.

It wouldn't be a fair trade value for the Chiefs but a team could make an offer to us and then take guess who? Geno Smith with the first pick.
I would be livid.

RyFo18 02-21-2013 10:26 PM

You guys can throw trades from last year out the window...They're not trading for a specific number in the draft, they're trading for players in RGIII and Trent Richardson's case.

BossChief 02-21-2013 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyFo18 (Post 9424463)
You guys can throw trades from last year out the window...They're not trading for a specific number in the draft, they're trading for players in RGIII and Trent Richardson's case.

The point value chart is the starting point...the amount of teams bidding for the pick is what I creases the value.

Like Andy Reid said, they aren't gonna give away the pick.

OrtonsPiercedTaint 02-22-2013 02:15 AM

Two corndogs and a free ride on the tilt-a-whirl.

ANd the Rams got Jeff Fisher, so the draft haul last year is a wash.

Molitoth 02-22-2013 06:14 AM

Quote:

With the Rookie Wage scale in place, you are witnessing the draft value chart re-write itself.

Realistically it's not really going to be relevant in year 2.

Hog's Gone Fishin 02-22-2013 06:34 AM

We need to stock pile #1's and be set up for when Johnny football is available.

007 02-22-2013 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 9424734)
We need to stock pile #1's and be set up for when Johnny football is available.

He'll be a bust.

LOCOChief 02-22-2013 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9424348)
If we trade the pick, Denise Milani has to have sex with the entire fanbase.

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...42315733_o.jpg

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLEASE TRADE THE PICK!!!!!!!!

htismaqe 02-22-2013 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9424479)
The point value chart is the starting point...the amount of teams bidding for the pick is what I creases the value.

Like Andy Reid said, they aren't gonna give away the pick.

This.

The value chart should be the FLOOR.

Hog's Gone Fishin 02-22-2013 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9424736)
He'll be a bust.

Why do you say that ?? Explain.

htismaqe 02-22-2013 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 9424853)
Why do you say that ?? Explain.

Doug Flutie was awesome!

BossChief 02-22-2013 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9424801)
This.

Did you hear Reid say that he PASSED on Dick Butkus' offer to trade up?

The saints wanted to give Reid every single pick in their draft and Reid told em to get bent and took McNabb.

I think the feelers for trade ups are to see what teams aren't confident in their quarterbacks.

BossChief 02-22-2013 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9424883)
Doug Flutie was awesome!

White Wilson?

htismaqe 02-22-2013 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9424976)

The saints wanted to give Reid every single pick in their draft and Reid told em to get bent and took McNabb.

I think the feelers for trade ups are to see what teams aren't confident in their quarterbacks.

Could very well be.

I'm REALLY starting to feel positive about this, for the first time really ever.

htismaqe 02-22-2013 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9424983)
White Wilson?

ROFL

Wilson's could throw a football THROUGH Johnny Football.

Frankie 02-22-2013 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9424801)
This.

We should be happy to get "the floor" if we want to trade down. There's not a superstar at the top of the draft that we wouldn't want only because we are loaded at his position. Somebody we don't want would have to be a shooting star out of the combine for us to get fair value out of a trade down.

That's why I wish Jadeveon Clowny was in this draft. Next year's top pick holder will be very lucky. They will either need him badly or will have another team in love with him who will trade for him an arm and a leg. As gods of football always plan for us, we are just sandwiched between two years like that with good talent at the top in quantity but not necessarily quality. Last year, with our 11th pick we would have most likely picked the guy we will be picking at the top this year. It feels like shit. :(

Frankie 02-22-2013 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9424976)

Dick Butkus?

htismaqe 02-22-2013 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9425126)
We should be happy to get "the floor" if we want to trade down. There's not a superstar at the top of the draft that we wouldn't want only because we are loaded at his position. Somebody we don't want would have to be a shooting star out of the combine for us to get fair value out of a trade down.

That's why I wish Jadeveon Clowny was in this draft. Next year's top pick holder will be very lucky. They will either need him badly or will have another team in love with him who will trade for him an arm and a leg. As gods of football always plan for us, we are just sandwiched between two years like that with good talent at the top in quantity but not necessarily quality. Last year, with our 11th pick we would have most likely picked the guy we will be picking at the top this year. It feels like shit. :(

Why?

If we get our guy, why does it matter if you had to spend the #1 for him or the #11 for him?

Frankie 02-22-2013 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9425144)
Why?

If we get our guy, why does it matter if you had to spend the #1 for him or the #11 for him?

I was just making a comparison between the quality of this draft vs. last year's. I was lamenting the fact that, as we have come to expect, the Chiefs just HAD to have the top pick when a half a dozen prospects rate about the same in quality, depriving us from the opportunity to land a bona fide star or a chance to make a killing in a trade down.

htismaqe 02-22-2013 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9425229)
I was just making a comparison between the quality of this draft vs. last year's. I was lamenting the fact that, as we have come to expect, the Chiefs just HAD to have the top pick when a half a dozen prospects rate about the same in quality, depriving us from the opportunity to land a bona fide star or a chance to make a killing in a trade down.

Once this weekend is over, we'll start to hear about a couple of guys being bona fide stars.

This is all overblown.

ct 02-22-2013 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9425316)
Once this weekend is over, we'll start to hear about a couple of guys being bona fide stars.

This is all overblown.

totally agree

Frankie 02-22-2013 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9425316)

This is all overblown.

I hope so. I don't want us ever again to be so bad as to having the top pick. But now that we do, I want someone who'll be as future Haller. I just see a lot of solid players there but none that answers that description. So far anyway.

O.city 02-22-2013 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9425344)
I hope so. I don't want us ever again to be so bad as to having the top pick. But now that we do, I want someone who'll be as future Haller. I just see a lot of solid players there but none that answers that description. So far anyway.

You do realize that that happens about 1 every 20 years?

htismaqe 02-22-2013 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9425344)

Dude, how many years did it take for DT to get into the Hall?

Set your expectations a little more realistically.

Frankie 02-22-2013 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9425347)
You do realize that that happens about 1 every 20 years?

It happens more frequently than that, but I'm a Chiefs homer.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-22-2013 12:17 PM

Your spot in any future CP mock drafts