ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Why is facebook the dumbest thing ever? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270666)

Dr. Johnny Fever 03-03-2013 02:00 AM

Why is facebook the dumbest thing ever?

Seriously?

I had an original account I deativated 3 years ago because even 80% of my real friends are ****ing annoying.

So I started a new job 2 weeks ago and corporate likes "the talent" to have personal fb pages. So I started another. 2 weeks in and I deactivated it again tonight. I seriously don't care what they think... if fb stupidity is a requirement here then send me on to my next job.

Is this really what we've come to? Goddamn CP is full of stupid enough. Don't make me do facebook too.

BTW those of you on my fb friends list, you can go ahead and delete. Or whatever.

Hammock Parties 03-03-2013 02:01 AM

Yes it's true. This man has no dick.

Dr. Johnny Fever 03-03-2013 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go to Hell (Post 9459334)
Yes it's true. This man has no dick.

Right. I hate FB so I have no dick. Want to compare little man?

Jenson71 03-03-2013 02:03 AM

And this thread got weird quick.

Dr. Johnny Fever 03-03-2013 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by La literatura (Post 9459337)
And this thread got weird quick.

LMAO

That ain't no shit.

RunKC 03-03-2013 02:04 AM

I agree. My fb is full of political bullshit, pictures of women who put stupid quotes subtitled into the pic and instagrams of food.

I only get on there every couple weeks or so. It's damn annoying.

Dr. Johnny Fever 03-03-2013 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9459341)
I agree. My fb is full of political bullshit, pictures of women who put stupid quotes subtitled into the pic and instagrams of food.

I figured out how to block people from my news feed tonight. I spent 20 minutes blocking 300 people. The people I knew and kept on where still so annoying I just deactivated my account.

It's just not a place for me.

BryanBusby 03-03-2013 02:15 AM

It was a lot cooler before it got released to the public and we used it to post photos of people passed out at parties and to find when the next one was going down.

Than housewives and teenage girls got ahold of it and now it's shit.

PaulAllen 03-03-2013 02:16 AM

Don't have one

Phobia 03-03-2013 02:17 AM

I think facebook is awesome. I spend tons of time on there interacting with clients, neighbors, friends, and family. I do a lot of business on there. I run an entire newspaper on there with 3x as many readers as we had when we were printing. But if you don't get it, that's fine with me. It is pretty difficult, I'll admit.

Dr. Johnny Fever 03-03-2013 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulAllen (Post 9459355)
Don't have one

Good for you. Neither do I... anymore.

So far only 3 texts asking why my status is gone. It is after 2am after all.

Jenson71 03-03-2013 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 9459354)
It was a lot cooler before it got released to the public and we used it to post photos of people passed out at parties and to find when the next one was going down.

Than housewives and teenage girls got ahold of it and now it's shit.

And we are now at the apex of human connectivity. I know that Lindsey from high school misses her baby boo already. Baby boo just left for work 5 minutes ago. He'll be home in 5 hours because Lindsey just posted another update.

Dr. Johnny Fever 03-03-2013 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9459356)
I think facebook is awesome. I spend tons of time on there interacting with clients, neighbors, friends, and family. I do a lot of business on there. I run an entire newspaper on there with 3x as many readers as we had when we were printing. But if you don't get it, that's fine with me. It is pretty difficult, I'll admit.

It's great for the radio station/business. That I won't agrue. For me personally... no ****ing way I'm doing it again.

Phobia 03-03-2013 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 9459361)
It's great for the radio station/business. That I won't agrue. For me personally... no ****ing way I'm doing it again.

Well, you were horrible at it when we were FB friends several years ago. I doubt you've gotten any smarter so maybe the only way to win for you is to not play the game. That's okay. You're going to be amazing without it.

BryanBusby 03-03-2013 02:22 AM

The worst is friends from school that post how they are about to marry their best friend.

Yeah ****ing right, unless you're gay.

Jenson71 03-03-2013 02:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9459364)
Well, you were horrible at it when we were FB friends several years ago. I doubt you've gotten any smarter so maybe the only way to win for you is to not play the game. That's okay. You're going to be amazing without it.

How can you be horrible at facebook? Liking your own status updates?

Dr. Johnny Fever 03-03-2013 02:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9459364)

If by horrible at it you mean I didn't share pics from another page for the 8th time in 24 hours or tell everyone about my check up at the proctologist or cry on and on about why I'm so depressed then that's good. I'll wear it as a badge of honor.

I doubt that's what you mean though knowing you.

Dr. Johnny Fever 03-03-2013 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 9459365)
The worst is friends from school that post how they are about to marry their best friend.

Yeah ****ing right, unless you're gay.

LMAO

Those too.

Hammock Parties 03-03-2013 02:28 AM

Facebook is great for getting news feeds of things you are interested in. Lots of companies that produce products I like are on facebook and they are kind enough to funnel info about their products into my feed. It kicks ass.

Also, tits. I like looking at tits and facebook is handy for just having tits shoved in my face at random.

Phobia 03-03-2013 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by La literatura (Post 9459368)
How can you be horrible at facebook? Liking your own status updates?

Trust me. He was bad. I'm not going to throw him under the bus for unfriending me because a female made him do it but I was just commenting on the fact that he was "in a relationship" with whatever his girlfriend's name was when I said, "Oh, you like women now?" and then his girlfriend made him get rid of me. But it would be rude of me to explain the whole story. I'll let him tell it if he wants to do so.

Dr. Johnny Fever 03-03-2013 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9459376)
Trust me. He was bad. I'm not going to throw him under the bus for unfriending me because a female made him do it but I was just commenting on the fact that he was "in a relationship" with whatever his girlfriend's name was when I said, "Oh, you like women now?" and then his girlfriend made him get rid of me. But it would be rude of me to explain the whole story. I'll let him tell it if he wants to do so.

Real classy Phil. How drunk are you? ****ing idiot.

Hammock Parties 03-03-2013 02:33 AM

You let women control you like that, bro?

Phobia 03-03-2013 02:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 9459379)
Real classy Phil. How drunk are you? ****ing idiot.

I'm not drunk at all. I'm not drinking until I shed 30 lbs. Haven't had a drop in 2 weeks. You can't be mad. This was years ago and you already blamed your ex-girlfriend so you're off the hook.

kcxiv 03-03-2013 02:35 AM

ill never talk bad about facebook, its got me laid from a "Friend of a friend". lol Its aok with me.

Dr. Johnny Fever 03-03-2013 02:37 AM

Yeah... Phil made a comment on my fb once that my gf at the time didn't appreciate. She didn't understand CP and didn't get the comment as anything but hurtful. So because she was more important to me than Phil I unfriended him.

Later I told Phil in private that I understood it but she didn't and asked him to understand that since we had been friends before. He said he understood and there were no hard feelings.

Now he's here to try to make me look like an ass for it.

**** you Phil. Seriously.

Dr. Johnny Fever 03-03-2013 02:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9459385)
I'm not drunk at all. I'm not drinking until I shed 30 lbs. Haven't had a drop in 2 weeks. You can't be mad. This was years ago and you already blamed your ex-girlfriend so you're off the hook.

She may have been wrong but she didn't know you or CP. You're just going out of your way to be an asshole now.

kcchiefsus 03-03-2013 02:39 AM

So you come on here and bitch/whine about Facebook being full of people who bitch and whine on your news feed. Gotcha.

****ing idiot.

Hammock Parties 03-03-2013 02:40 AM

i think facebook is dumb but i am going to whine about what happened on it ages ago because i don't have facebook to whine on anymore because i think facebook is dumb

Phobia 03-03-2013 02:41 AM

I'm not trying to make you look like an ass. It's an old story and it's funny. I don't have any hard feelings over it. You brought up facebook and how much it sucked so I told the story about how you sucked at social media. Clearly. You're the emotional equivalent of ... well, honestly, I don't know. Let's just say that Luv seems well-grounded by comparison. You leave here once a quarter in a tizzy. I guess this is as good an excuse as any. See you in like July.

Phobia 03-03-2013 02:43 AM

Now I'm going out of my way to be an asshole.

Dr. Johnny Fever 03-03-2013 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9459396)
I'm not trying to make you look like an ass. It's an old story and it's funny. I don't have any hard feelings over it. You brought up facebook and how much it sucked so I told the story about how you sucked at social media. Clearly. You're an emotional wreck. You leave here once a quarter in a tizzy. I guess this is as good an excuse as any. See you in like July.

You are a legendary moron. It wasn't a story to anyone but you. I even asked you to keep that between us. Thanks for the respect.

I sucked at social media because you were an asshole. Got it. I should have loved your dumb ass more than her. Sorry I wasn't and aren't attracted to you.

Emotional wreck is funny. Who's the one telling old storys that mean nothing to anyone else?

Hammock Parties 03-03-2013 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 9459409)
Who's the one telling old storys that mean nothing to anyone else?

I really enjoyed the story.

Dr. Johnny Fever 03-03-2013 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9459403)
Now I'm going out of my way to be an asshole.

Also called Sunday?

KurtCobain 03-03-2013 02:50 AM

all my stories with Phil outside of chiefs planet are good and not really even interesting.

Phobia 03-03-2013 02:54 AM

It's a funny story. I'm sorry you're embarrassed about it. I didn't recollect being sworn to secrecy. It was a long time ago. But if I was supposed to keep it quiet, I do feel a little like a douche now. I'm sorry I told the story. I thought you would think it was funny by now. Why are you so emotional?

Dr. Johnny Fever 03-03-2013 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9459416)
It's a funny story. I'm sorry you're embarrassed about it. I didn't recollect being sworn to secrecy. It was a long time ago. But if I was supposed to keep it quiet, I do feel a little like a douche now. I'm sorry I told the story. I thought you would think it was funny by now. Why are you so emotional?

LOL. You know why Chiefs fans are often called the dumbest in the game? Well you'd be one reason.

Dallas Chief 03-03-2013 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 9459387)
Yeah... Phil made a comment on my fb once that my gf at the time didn't appreciate. She didn't understand CP and didn't get the comment as anything but hurtful. So because she was more important to me than Phil I unfriended him.

Later I told Phil in private that I understood it but she didn't and asked him to understand that since we had been friends before. He said he understood and there were no hard feelings.

Now he's here to try to make me look like an ass for it.

**** you Phil. Seriously.

She's gone and you still have Phil.

Bro's before hoes... just sayin.

Dr. Johnny Fever 03-03-2013 02:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dallas Chief (Post 9459421)
She's gone and you still have Phil.

Bro's before hoes... just sayin.

She's still a friend and Phil is still as asshole.

Dallas Chief 03-03-2013 02:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 9459419)
LOL. You know why Chiefs fans are often called the dumbest in the game? Well you'd be one reason.

You been drinking tonight? Seem awfully worked up due to the FB. :grouphug:

Dr. Johnny Fever 03-03-2013 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dallas Chief (Post 9459423)
You been drinking tonight? Seem awfully worked up due to the FB. :grouphug:

Good God it's just a thread. I'm sorry it's not the 678th about Geno Smith.

I must be emotional or something.

Phobia 03-03-2013 03:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 9459419)

I'm sorry dude. I just don't see how me telling that stupid story has altered your opinion of me one bit. Now you just have an excuse to tell me how you really felt all along. It's cool. You're too insecure to like alphas. I'm okay with that. Let's just be honest with each other for once. You're a whiny broad and I don't like that about you. I'm obnoxious and you don't like me. Cool. I feel much better already.

KurtCobain 03-03-2013 03:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 9459422)
She's still a friend and Phil is still as asshole.

I love you bud, but you get to sensitive sometimes.

Dallas Chief 03-03-2013 03:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 9459427)
Good God it's just a thread. I'm sorry it's not the 678th about Geno Smith.

I must be emotional or something.

I feel ya man, me too. That's why I am up at 3am on CP. Go to bed CP and FB will still be here in the morning. Sleep tight...

KurtCobain 03-03-2013 03:06 AM

And why aren't we Facebook friends?

Phobia 03-03-2013 03:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Argo (Post 9459429)
I love you bud, but you get to sensitive sometimes.

You're absolutely right. I would like to see he and Luv compete in a series of challenges:
1. See who cries first during chick flick.
2. Beard growing contest.
3. Roller skating ass kicking contest.

I honestly think Dr. Johnny has a chance in the beard thing.

KurtCobain 03-03-2013 03:08 AM

I've been kind of growing this little beard thing here lately...

Dr. Johnny Fever 03-03-2013 03:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9459428)
I'm sorry dude. I just don't see how me telling that stupid story has altered your opinion of me one bit. Now you just have an excuse to tell me how you really felt all along. It's cool. You're too insecure to like alphas. I'm okay with that. Let's just be honest with each other for once. You're a whiny broad and I don't like that about you. I'm obnoxious and you don't like me. Cool. I feel much better already.

You're an alpha?

LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO

Alpha may indeed mean moron here so if that's what makes you an alpha... Umm.... congrats. The loudest mouth in the room is generally the most insecure. I won't name names.

Oh wait... that's me that's insecure.

LMAO

Phobia 03-03-2013 03:12 AM

I suspect at least 90% of anybody who has ever seen you post here would agree with my take, Susie.

Phobia 03-03-2013 03:14 AM

As you know, we've had two great users on this site decide they were women and they lopped off their equipment. You've been voted "most likely to become the next CP woman" for 3 years running. Don't leave us hanging any longer.

Dr. Johnny Fever 03-03-2013 03:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9459439)
I suspect at least 90% of anybody who has ever seen you post here would agree with my take, Susie.

You might be surprised about my friends here alpha.

Dr. Johnny Fever 03-03-2013 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9459441)
As you know, we've had two great users on this site decide they were women and they lopped off their equipment. You've been voted "most likely to become the next CP woman" for 3 years running. Don't leave us hanging any longer.

That would take a table saw at least. You and your tweezers go first.

Phobia 03-03-2013 03:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 9459442)
You might be surprised about my friends here alpha.

Even those you consider your friends can see the insecurity. It's okay. We all have them. It's just that you ooze with it.

Phobia 03-03-2013 03:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 9459444)
That would take a table saw at least. You and your tweezers go first.

Ah jeez dude. That's rough. I don't even... I got nothing in return. How can anybody compete?

jspchief 03-03-2013 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9459439)

Heh. This thread being proof positive.

Hammock Parties 03-03-2013 03:21 AM

We have two trannies now?

Who was the 2nd?

Phobia 03-03-2013 03:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go to Hell (Post 9459450)
We have two trannies now?

Who was the 2nd?

Hel'n was the first.

Al Bundy 03-03-2013 04:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9459396)
I'm not trying to make you look like an ass. It's an old story and it's funny. I don't have any hard feelings over it. You brought up facebook and how much it sucked so I told the story about how you sucked at social media. Clearly. You're the emotional equivalent of ... well, honestly, I don't know. Let's just say that Luv seems well-grounded by comparison. You leave here once a quarter in a tizzy. I guess this is as good an excuse as any. See you in like July.

Well shit... OUCH.

Al Bundy 03-03-2013 04:31 AM

I like facebook, keeps me in touch with some high school and college buddies, I wouldn't normally keep in touch with. As to the point of the other shit going on, I have never really had a run in with either, hell I played flag football with Phil. Fever and I have had our battles about the Royals, but that's mostly because I am tired of them sucking, and getting stuck picking first in a year that has dumbo ears as the pick.

morphius 03-03-2013 05:04 AM

Facebook is easy, it is just a matter of selective reading. I'm not sure how someone can read CP and not be good at that.

I also know I wouldn't get in a pissing contest with Phobia, because he likes Bob Dole and still whipped it out to piss on him in person.

Dr. Johnny Fever 03-03-2013 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morphius (Post 9459493)
Facebook is easy, it is just a matter of selective reading. I'm not sure how someone can read CP and not be good at that.

I also know I wouldn't get in a pissing contest with Phobia, because he likes Bob Dole and still whipped it out to piss on him in person.

On CP I only open threads I'm interested in. My fb was a show page open to thousands. Putting them all on ignore got to be a real bother.

I'm sooo sorry I dared disagree with the alpha. **** me all to hell. I am disgraced here.

BigMeatballDave 03-03-2013 06:41 AM

My Space is/was far worse than Facebook.

BigMeatballDave 03-03-2013 06:56 AM

LMAO Ironic how this thread turned into a typical Facebook page.

BlackHelicopters 03-03-2013 06:56 AM

Don't do FB. I annoy enough people here.

58-4ever 03-03-2013 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9459501)
My Space is/was far worse than Facebook.

No way Dave, MySpace RULES!

110010x 03-03-2013 07:32 AM

I don't have a FB page. My GF is against me even being on the computer. She goes thru my phone and PC every chance she gets. I had my phone password protected because I left it at the gym one time and the guy at the front desk or someone had gone thru it before turning it in. So I decided to password protect. That didn't go over too well. I have to hide just to get online for any reason. I think this woman is even into stalking me on some of the sites I frequent.

BigMeatballDave 03-03-2013 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 110010x (Post 9459526)
I don't have a FB page. My GF is against me even being on the computer. She goes thru my phone and PC every chance she gets. I had my phone password protected because I left it at the gym one time and the guy at the front desk or someone had gone thru it before turning it in. So I decided to password protect. That didn't go over too well. I have to hide just to get online for any reason. I think this woman is even into stalking me on some of the sites I frequent.

Screw that. Dump her.

NewChief 03-03-2013 07:37 AM

Quote:

WTF? Break up with the psycho.

Bwana 03-03-2013 07:42 AM

This thead: LMAO

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view2/147...mic-bomb-o.gif

NewChief 03-03-2013 07:43 AM

My main complaint is in the way they handle their pages and whose feed you come up in. From a business perspective, Instagram is much more effective for us.

griZZly64 03-03-2013 07:45 AM

Why are you the whiniest bitch ever?

Bwana 03-03-2013 07:54 AM

Quote:

Seriously dude, life is too short for insecure girlfriends like this. I dated a twisted chick like this ONCE and it doesn't get better. Pat her on the ass, show her the door and don't look back. Do it before your bunny ends up on a rolling boil in the stock pot.

<O:phttp://www.screeninsults.com/images/...tion-fight.jpg</O:p>

COchief 03-03-2013 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9459341)

Nailed right on the fuggin head, it's basically myspace with sparkly pictures now.

It gives me just enough usefulness to stay on it.

threebag 03-03-2013 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9459433)
You're absolutely right. I would like to see he and Luv compete in a series of challenges:

When it comes to 2. Are you suggesting the Beards on their clams?

BlackHelicopters 03-03-2013 08:04 AM

Quote:

Time to move on, dude. Plenty of vaginas are still available.

phisherman 03-03-2013 08:06 AM

Quote:

In my experience, people tend to project their behaviors on others in that type of situation. If she's snooping and thinking that you're cheating, she's probably the one cheating or has been the cheater before.

phisherman 03-03-2013 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morphius (Post 9459493)

Seriously, thread. over.

Mr. Flopnuts 03-03-2013 08:11 AM

Quote:

I remember that. I was online that night, and watched that whole thing go down.

luv 03-03-2013 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9459433)

You'd be surprised.

phisherman 03-03-2013 08:14 AM

Quote:

Sounds like his lady at the time was a social media fail too.

BlackHelicopters 03-03-2013 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 9459573)
You' be surprised.

We need a "Pics of Your Beard" thread.