ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Peter King: John Dorsey, a rookie who doesnt have time to be a rookie (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271312)

Deberg_1990 03-19-2013 02:50 PM

Peter King: John Dorsey, a rookie who doesnt have time to be a rookie

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl...1_a6&eref=sihp

John Dorsey: A rookie who doesn't have time to be a rookie.

"You see the bottom drop out of the market, and you react."

It wasn't the trade for Alex Smith, which seemed easy even though the pricetag (a second-round pick this year, and another high pick next year) was high, or the signing of backup quarterback Chase Daniel to give the Chiefs good quarterbacks at first- and second-string. Nor was it the decision to sign Dwayne Bowe to franchise receiver money, or to franchise left tackle Branden Albert. It was stretching to get 6-foot-3 cornerback Sean Smith from Miami, when the cornerback market was crashing and Dorsey didn't have much time to decide what was right or wrong.

"We had decided we were going to address free agency, but in a frugal way, after we signed our own guys,'' Dorsey said. "One of the things I've learned is it's not smart to go what I call the JUCO route, taking players who might be only short-term fits. We want to take guys at reasonable prices who can be core players. When the corner market changed, we really had to go after Sean.''

To clinch the deal, Dorsey paid $7.5 million in year one, which means Smith won't be a one-year fix; he'll be a relative bargain at $3.5 million in year two.

I like the fact that both Reid and Dorsey think Alex Smith throws the ball well enough downfield to commit to him. He doesn't have a top-10 arm in the league, nor a top-15. But he's certainly good enough. "We looked at every plus-10 throw he made in the last two years with the Niners,'' said Dorsey, meaning every thrown that traveled more than 10 yards past the line of scrimmage. "And we liked what we saw. He's got enough arm to win in this league; there's no doubt in my mind. He can throw the 20-yard comeback from the opposite hashmark and hit his target. And he knows when to take a shot and when not to.''

That's a shot Dorsey and Reid have taken, and I think they'll be rewarded for it.

Hammock Parties 03-19-2013 02:50 PM

LMAO

We're paying this dude $7.5 million to get roasted this year.

Can't wait.

Deberg_1990 03-19-2013 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go to Hell (Post 9514159)
LMAO

Can't wait.

Perhaps you would like to have Piioli back?

Easy 6 03-19-2013 02:52 PM

The new crew has my benefit of the doubt.

Just make it work, fellas.

saphojunkie 03-19-2013 02:53 PM

Quote:

LMAO

Can't wait.

Your anti-Sean Smith soapbox is just silly.

Hammock Parties 03-19-2013 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9514165)

It's silly to think a guy who has never come close to being a good CB is being paid like an elite one this year.

Nightfyre 03-19-2013 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go to Hell (Post 9514168)
It's silly to think a guy who has never come close to being a good CB is being paid like an elite one this year.

His salary this year is a matter of structuring the deal.

CaliforniaChief 03-19-2013 02:59 PM

Well if we could have Brandon Carr back, I'd gladly give the compensatory pick back.

But with the additions of Smith and Robinson, he acknowledges the needs in the secondary. More depth. I like it.

LoneWolf 03-19-2013 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9514165)

But, but, PFF says he sucks so it has to be true.

By the way, PFF also says Alex Smith is better than Joe Flacco so it's obvious they are infallable.

58-4ever 03-19-2013 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 9514183)
But, but, PFF says he sucks so it has to be true.

By the way, PFF also says Alex Smith is better than Joe Flacco so it's obvious they are infallable.

Keep ****ing doubting Alex Smith!!

Mother****erJones 03-19-2013 03:06 PM

They got the best one on the market. Get over yourself man. Ram that PFF up your ass

ShowtimeSBMVP 03-19-2013 03:06 PM

Quote:

Elite corners make 7.5m ? You might wanna go check something other then PFF. Year 2 he makes 3.5m

Bewbies 03-19-2013 03:06 PM

$11M in 2 years isn't a "stud CB" contract. $50M for 5 is.

Fish 03-19-2013 03:08 PM

Quote:

He doesn't have a top-10 arm in the league, nor a top-15. But he's certainly good enough.
Yeah, that's encouraging.....

Quote:

"We looked at every plus-10 throw he made in the last two years with the Niners,'' said Dorsey, meaning every thrown that traveled more than 10 yards past the line of scrimmage."
Which took all of 5 minutes.....

Hoover 03-19-2013 03:09 PM

I love how King basically nit-picks every move the Chiefs have made.

The Chiefs have had a hell of an off season and we have not had the draft yet. I don't like the price we paid from Alex Smith, but oh well. Peter King can fu@k off as far as I'm concerned.

Marcellus 03-19-2013 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 9514175)
Well if we could have Brandon Carr back, I'd gladly give the compensatory pick back.

But with the additions of Smith and Robinson, he acknowledges the needs in the secondary. More depth. I like it.

Interesting you say that. You will love this article.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...014-and-beyond

The Kansas City Chiefs have new leadership, but it will take time before the roster doesn’t have Scott *****’s fingerprints all over it. Although ***** clearly made mistakes, not every move he made was a bad one. Perhaps one of the better moves ***** made last offseason was letting Brandon Carr leave in free agency and saving the money for the future.

In return for Carr, the Chiefs received a compensatory draft pick in the third round, pick No. 96 from the NFL. That’s a top 100 pick in a deep draft just for letting Carr leave in free agency. If the Chiefs had signed Carr, they likely wouldn’t be able to trade him and his contract for a higher pick than they received by letting him walk.

It’s true that the Chiefs didn’t do a good job of replacing Carr because Stanford Routt was a total bust, but there were other options. ***** simply made a poor move by signing Routt to replace Carr, but a good move in letting Carr sign a huge contract with the Dallas Cowboys. The failure to replace Carr may have contributed to a 2-14 record, but letting him go certainly didn’t.

Stanford Routt wasn't a good signing, but he wasn't the only cornerback available to replace Carr.

Just how much a cornerback can impact a team’s record is subject to debate. Would the Chiefs have won three games with Carr at cornerback? Maybe the Chiefs win four games? It’s impossible to know how much better the Chiefs would have been with Carr, but it’s safe to say they wouldn’t have been that much better.

***** avoided overpaying Carr, which led to the Chiefs receiving a good draft pick and their corresponding ability to sign Sean Smith for less than half the cost. In the sense of a trade, it would be Carr for Smith, a top 100 draft pick and $5 million per year over the next three years. In hindsight, ***** set the Chiefs up for future success simple by not giving into the pressure to re-sign Carr.

You could certainly make a case that Smith was actually better than Carr in 2012. According to ProFootballFocus (subscription required), Smith allowed only 54.9 percent of the passes thrown at him to be completed in 2012; Carr allowed 58.6 percent of the passes thrown at him to be completed. There are certainly some stats that favor Carr, but the two cornerbacks provided their teams with similar production last season.

Sean Smith had comparable production to Brandon Carr in 2012.

Smith is going to make an average of $5.5 million per season according to Spotrac.com and can be released after two years, which would bump his average per year down even further. Carr’s contract required a restructuring just to get the Cowboys some cap relief, and he’ll make more than twice as much in guaranteed money alone. Carr will also be tied to the Cowboys for several more years regardless of production.

For all of *****’s faults, he set the Chiefs up for success. By letting Carr walk in free agency, the Chiefs were also able to rollover $14.0 million in cap space. Part of the reason the Chiefs have been able to be so active in free agency is that extra cap space. According to Spotrac.com, the Chiefs’ top 51 contracts currently total $120.5 million with another $13.3 million in dead money which would put the team way over the cap if not for the rollover.

Chiefs wouldn’t have been able to do all what they have done to re-shape the football team. According to Spotrac.com figures, the Chiefs have committed over $38 million in 2013 cap dollars this offseason with the trade for Alex Smith, re-signing of Dwayne Bowe, franchise tag for Branden Albert, re-signing Dustin Colquitt and the additions in free agency. The Chiefs wouldn’t have been able to half those things with a huge contract for Carr on the books and significantly less cap rollover.

Was it better to let Carr leave last year than re-sign him?
Yes No Submit Vote vote to see results

Chiefs fans should realize just how lucky they are that their new regime has the resources for a quick turnaround. The cap space when combined with an early draft pick in each round of the draft is ideal, even if having the No. 1 pick without a consensus top player isn’t ideal.

A quick look around the AFC West is all you need to do in order to appreciate the Chiefs’ situation. The Raiders are in year two and still don’t have much cap space or a full allotment of draft picks, and the Chargers are in year one of their rebuild with mid-round picks in each round and very little cap space.

***** may have been a total failure in Kansas City, but at least he left a parting gift instead of sabotaging the team for years to come by overspending on free agents and trading valuable draft picks for declining veterans. *****’s unwillingness to succumb to the pressure to win immediately resulted in his firing, but also in the team’s ability to quickly rebound without him.

Johnny Vegas 03-19-2013 03:15 PM

Quote:

LMAO

Can't wait.

or we could've kept Pioli and acquired Kirk Ferentz to save that $7.5M and spend it on the OL along with letting Bowe go and losing Albert. To me that $7.5M is sofa change for a starting CB and its even less significant because we got a regime that players want to come and play for.

Hammock Parties 03-19-2013 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9514193)
Elite corners make 7.5m ? You might wanna go check something other then PFF. Year 2 he makes 3.5m

Elite corners definitely making something in the $7.5 million range per year.

He's being paid like he's a top corner this year. That's funny!

The Bad Guy 03-19-2013 03:29 PM

Quote:

He's getting paid like an average one for the length of the contract. Keep with your semantics.

You've beaten this drum to death. You know nothing about the player but what you read on Dolphin message boards and PFF.

It's pathetic really.

The Bad Guy 03-19-2013 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go to Hell (Post 9514233)
Elite corners definitely making something in the $7.5 million range per year.

He's being paid like he's a top corner this year. That's funny!

Why do you care what the structure of his contract is?

Funny is your piss poor knowledge of football.

Hammock Parties 03-19-2013 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9514269)
Why do you care what the structure of his contract is?

Funny is your piss poor knowledge of football.

I don't really care, I just think it's funny.

This clown franchise is and always has been amusing.

The Bad Guy 03-19-2013 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go to Hell (Post 9514278)
I don't really care, I just think it's funny.

This clown franchise is and always has been amusing.

Why is it a clown move? To get a corner for 3 years, 16 million dollars is a bad thing? Only you would cry about the structure of the deal.

What's funny and amusing is how you, who wanted Reid and Dorsey here, cry about a move to the heavens until games have actually been played.

If you wanted these guys here, I don't understand waiting until you see a product on the field to complain.

Smith was used a lot playing off-man coverage in Miami. Not his game and never has been his game.

If he's going to be used in press man a majority of the time, he's a different player.

You wanted to pay Carr last year and he was pretty terrible for the Cowboys. It's how players are used.

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-19-2013 03:37 PM

Let the hilarity ensue!
Posted via Mobile Device

Hammock Parties 03-19-2013 03:43 PM

Will Smith be more like toasty, or crispy? Or a combination?

Renegade 03-19-2013 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 9514175)

What do you think the depth chart will look like this year? This is I see it breaking down this early. That could be some crazy depth at DB with the signings we have had.

QB-3
RB-5
WR-6
TE-3/4
OL-7
DL-6/7
LB-6
DB-7/8
K-1
P-1
LS-1
KR/PR-1

LoneWolf 03-19-2013 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go to Hell (Post 9514301)
Will Smith be more like toasty, or crispy? Or a combination?

You should be able to tell us. You've been right about everything since 2010 according to you. You're Nostradouchemas.

Stick to videos jackass. It's the only thing you're good at.

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-19-2013 03:58 PM

I can't believe Stanzi still has a job. Sorry, Iowa people.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mother****erJones 03-19-2013 04:00 PM

Well Clay maybe you'd rather Clark be cheap and stick with Arenas and Jalil Brown

Hammock Parties 03-19-2013 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 9514308)
You should be able to tell us. You've been right about everything since 2010 according to you.

Agreed. I'm thinking the William Bartee comparison will be quite apt when it's all said and done. There was actually some debate over whether Warfield was good for awhile. There was none with Bartee. So it will be with Sean "Crispy" Smith.

BlackHelicopters 03-19-2013 04:04 PM

If anyone on CP has started a shoot Peter King with a high powered sniper rifle fund, put me down for 5 bucks.

Sorter 03-19-2013 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop (Post 9514339)
If anyone on CP has started a shoot Peter King with a high powered sniper rifle fund, put me down for 5 bucks.

http://oi51.tinypic.com/330h9bp.jpg

RunKC 03-19-2013 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 9514308)
You should be able to tell us. You've been right about everything since 2010 according to you. You're Nostradouchemas.

Stick to videos jackass. It's the only thing you're good at.

Didn't Clay pump up Peyton Hillis last year? I remember seeing the Bane pictures.

That would be a scratch on the resume.

LoneWolf 03-19-2013 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9514358)
Didn't Clay pump up Peyton Hillis last year? I remember seeing the Bane pictures.

That would be a scratch on the resume.

PFF probably said Hillis was super duper awesome last season and his total lack of production was due to underutilization. Clay's football knowledge is made up of stats from a website and whatever information he gets from his buddies at the weekly game of dungeons and dragons.

Easy 6 03-19-2013 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 9514495)
Clay's football knowledge is made up of stats from a website and whatever information he gets from his buddies at the weekly game of dungeons and dragons.

Nah, i think he knows football pretty damn well, *usually* he knows what looks right, he spends too much time on it not to, he has tons of spot on takes.

His problem is that he thinks all of that, plus the stats he meticulously researches, makes him nearly infallible, he's not, no one else here or even in the NFL is... hell, he does this same thing every year... takes a stand on a given issue/player and refuses to back off of it for a long while no matter what evidence is presented, either due to pride or simply attemping to stir the pot and drive the conversation.

He MIGHT even be right about Smith, sure its possible... but when Dorsey/Reid/Sutton think he's the best press, physical corner out there for the money, i'll take their word for it, dont really care what he or PFF says.

Hammock Parties 03-19-2013 05:38 PM

Quote:

PFF probably said Hillis was super duper awesome last season and his total lack of production was due to underutilization..

Pretty much everyone here thought Hillis was great.

I thought he could be a decent back, whatever. He wasn't horrible. It's not like I was standing on the table for him.

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-19-2013 05:38 PM

Torchy.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bowser 03-19-2013 05:52 PM

Are we talking Dexter McCleon bad, or Eric Warfield bad?

Sorter 03-19-2013 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go to Hell (Post 9514547)

I thought he could be a decent back, whatever. He wasn't horrible. It's not like I was standing on the table for him.

Like Chase Daniel, he too raped in the pre season.

Deberg_1990 03-19-2013 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9514535)
Nah, i think he knows football pretty damn well, *usually* he knows what looks right, he spends too much time on it not to, he has tons of spot on takes.

His problem is that he thinks all of that, plus the stats he meticulously researches, makes him nearly infallible, he's not, no one else here or even in the NFL is... hell, he does this same thing every year... takes a stand on a given issue/player and refuses to back off of it for a long while no matter what evidence is presented, either due to pride or simply attemping to stir the pot and drive the conversation.

He MIGHT even be right about Smith, sure its possible... but when Dorsey/Reid/Sutton think he's the best press, physical corner out there for the money, i'll take their word for it, dont really care what he or PFF says.

ROFL.

Please, Clay is a jock sniffing fanboy, that pretends he knows more than he thinks he knows.

LoneWolf 03-19-2013 06:17 PM

Quote:

ROFLROFL:LOL:LMAO

If by wasn't horrible you mean he didn't shoot Belcher in the parking lot himself, I agree. As for on the field, he blew giant donkey balls. When he wasn't injured, he was fumbling at the goal line or gaining 1 yard on 3rd and 2.

Hammock Parties 03-19-2013 06:19 PM

At least I didn't buy his ****ing jersey. A ton of homers did.

DTLB58 03-19-2013 06:24 PM

Quote:

He wasn't horrible? He didn't freaking play for how many weeks because of a supposed tweaked ankle but skinny little McCluster plays with a Cast on his arm bigger than both of his arms put together just to get on the field after a dislocated elbow and misses zero games because of it.

Hillis has NO heart and is a pussy!

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-19-2013 10:53 PM

Chiefs fans bought Cassel jerseys. Meditate.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mav 03-19-2013 11:42 PM

Quote:

PFF probably said Hillis was super duper awesome last season and his total lack of production was due to underutilization. Clay's football knowledge is made up of stats from a website and whatever information he gets from his buddies at the weekly game of dungeons and dragons.

lol, Yeahhhhhh. Since he became the face of madden, he quit trying. His last year in cleveland, he no longer was hurdling guys, and being a bulldozer. And from what i saw when he was a chief, he became reminicent of a former ravens and browns running back, that we affectionetly referred to as the tip toe burglar, Jamal Lewis.

When he did his thing back in 2011, dude would just truck guys, but ever since he got all butt hurt by mike holmgren, and tom heckert, hes just become a puss bag.

Raiderhater58 03-20-2013 02:26 AM

Quote:

LMAO

Can't wait.

You may be THE most negative person that I have ever come across in my 44 years on this planet (earth, not Chiefs). You don't seem to like anything this team does.

Hammock Parties 03-20-2013 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhater58 (Post 9515421)
You may be THE most negative person that I have ever come across in my 44 years on this planet (earth, not Chiefs). You don't seem to like anything this team does.

No, I just don't like Alex Smith or Sean Smith.

It's being blown out of proportion by people who insist on defending EVERY MOVE Dorsey and Reid make this offseason as SOLID GOLD.

They have made at least one mistake and my gut tells me it's one of these guys.

DTLB58 03-20-2013 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go to Hell (Post 9515423)
No, I just don't like Alex Smith or Sean Smith.

It's being blown out of proportion by people who insist on defending EVERY MOVE Dorsey and Reid make this offseason as SOLID GOLD.

They have made at least one mistake and my gut tells me it's one of these guys.

I think you are just gun shy by what happened with Pioli.
A lot of us put all of our trust in everything he did and he failed us miserably. So it's understandable for some fans, now, to take a wait and see approach with the regime, especially at QB.

But if you are going to be a fan of this team why hate, be negative, spew crap and be miserable all the time? Don't be such a downer and try and bring everyone down with you.

DTLB58 03-20-2013 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9515218)
Posted via Mobile Device

Not me. :D

HMc 03-20-2013 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 9514626)
ROFLROFL:LOL:LMAO

If by wasn't horrible you mean he didn't shoot Belcher in the parking lot himself, I agree. As for on the field, he blew giant donkey balls. When he wasn't injured, he was fumbling at the goal line or gaining 1 yard on 3rd and 2.

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

bevischief 03-20-2013 06:38 AM

The butthurt is strong in this thread...

milkman 03-20-2013 08:09 AM

That article posted by Marcellus in post #16 is pure unadulterated garbage.

Had Pioli signed Carr to an extension in roughly the same timeframe that he Flowers deal done, it's highly unlikely the deal would have been for the same numbers that Carr got from the Cowboys.

The Chiefs cap space was a pruduct of the combination of the complete blowup if the roster from the Carl-Herman ****ing Edwards era and the sorry sacks. Tat Pioli signed in free agency.

This team's core still remains the players that Kuharich drafted.

At the end of the day, the only way Pioli could have ****ed this team any more is if he had traded away draft picks for a pair of Bill Bellichicks dirty underwear.

RealSNR 03-20-2013 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9515218)
Posted via Mobile Device

I bought a Cassel jersey.

Sad, but true. :banghead:

milkman 03-20-2013 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 9514201)
I love how King basically nit-picks every move the Chiefs have made.

The Chiefs have had a hell of an off season and we have not had the draft yet. I don't like the price we paid from Alex Smith, but oh well. Peter King can fu@k off as far as I'm concerned.

I've often wondered how a man can have so many contacts in the league, have so much access to information, and have so little knowledge about the game.

But I don't see this as nitpicking.

SAUTO 03-20-2013 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rapist (Post 9515600)

Me too lol.

Funny thing was sometime in 2011 the name patch stitching started coming off the back
Posted via Mobile Device

milkman 03-20-2013 08:31 AM

Quote:

Through all the years that I have been a fan, I have never purchased a T-shirt, a sweater, a ball cap, or jersey.

However, people who don't really know what else to buy as gifts have bought them for me.

I have numerous articles of each.

Among those are an custom Willie Lanier jersey, a Deron Cherry jersey, a Priest Holmes jersey, and a couple of others.

Thankfully, a Matt Cassel jersey is not among them.

Chiefshrink 03-20-2013 08:32 AM

After reading this I'm convinced King and ***** are lovers. This is nothing but a 'puff piece love letter' to ***** from King.

Chiefshrink 03-20-2013 08:33 AM

Quote:

I'm impressed you would admit this;)

Chiefshrink 03-20-2013 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9515617)
Through all the years that I have been a fan, I have never purchased a T-shirt, a sweater, a ball cap, or jersey.

However, people who don't really know what else to buy as gifts have bought them for me.

I have numerous articles of each.

Among those are an custom Willie Lanier jersey, a Deron Cherry jersey, a Priest Holmes jersey, and a couple of others.

Thankfully, a Matt Cassel jersey is not among them.

Look out Milk ! You may have just awakened a giant of all those CPers who have Casshole jerseys(like Rapist) who will send you their Casshole jerseys just for "sh*** and giggles":D

Marcellus 03-20-2013 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9515588)
That article posted by Marcellus in post #16 is pure unadulterated garbage.

Had ***** signed Carr to an extension in roughly the same timeframe that he Flowers deal done, it's highly unlikely the deal would have been for the same numbers that Carr got from the Cowboys.

The Chiefs cap space was a pruduct of the combination of the complete blowup if the roster from the Carl-Herman ****ing Edwards era and the sorry sacks. Tat ***** signed in free agency.

This team's core still remains the players that Kuharich drafted.

At the end of the day, the only way ***** could have ****ed this team any more is if he had traded away draft picks for a pair of Bill Bellichicks dirty underwear.

It was ridiculous wasn't it? Anything that was a positive because of a move Pioli made was strictly a byproduct of luck.

milkman 03-20-2013 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9515628)
It was ridiculous wasn't it? Anything that was a positive because of a move ***** made was strictly a byproduct of luck.

At the end of the day, I believe that Pioli went about building the roster in the right way philosophically.
He simply made bad choices.

I also believe that if Dorsey and Reid don't do a good job in the next 2 or 3 drafts that this offseason could blow up in their faces.

Overall, I like the guys that they brought in via free agency, but they are, or should be, caretakers who should be replaced with better talent through the draft over the next 2 or 3 drafts.

If they fail in those drafts, this could end up looking a lot like the Dolphins '09 offseason.

CoMoChief 03-20-2013 08:53 AM

I dont know why anyone would buy a Chiefs QB jersey.

HIChief 03-20-2013 10:12 AM

Quote:

LMAO

Can't wait.

What were you paying to sit in Arrowhead to watch a 2-14 Chiefs team? I'm still smarting from the $160 price tag, and I only went to one game! I totally understand why hard core fans hired a plane and banner. And for the most part they got the change we were all looking for. Well, only time will tell, but at least they've rattled the birdcage. Just sit back and watch the season unfold, then make your judgements on who was paid too much.

bevischief 03-20-2013 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9515638)
At the end of the day, I believe that ***** went about building the roster in the right way philosophically.
He simply made bad choices.

I also believe that if Dorsey and Reid don't do a good job in the next 2 or 3 drafts that this offseason could blow up in their faces.

Overall, I like the guys that they brought in via free agency, but they are, or should be, caretakers who should be replaced with better talent through the draft over the next 2 or 3 drafts.

If they fail in those drafts, this could end up looking a lot like the Dolphins '09 offseason.

I agree.

RealSNR 03-20-2013 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 9515621)
I'm impressed you would admit this;)

I couldn't resist. I got a great deal on it. It was in 2009 when he was "hot" in training camp. And it had the AFL logo on it. It was a really nice jersey. I told myself that if he actually winds up to be good and I didn't buy the jersey right there, I would be kicking myself later down the road.

Oh well. It's only $70. I can always go back to my old Gonzalez, Priest, Green, and #11 Grbac jerseys :D

Cheater5 03-20-2013 10:48 AM

Quote:

Keep the jersey, and reflect on it like an old scar. In the end, he's gone and you're still here. Like that god-damned shark from Jaws...

"The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places"

I'd just never wear the fecking thing.

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-20-2013 10:51 AM

Quote:

Mother**** me, really?
Posted via Mobile Device