ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft S Matt Elam to work out for KC today (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271435)

ChiefMojo 03-25-2013 06:51 AM

S Matt Elam to work out for KC today

Looks like KC will working out Florida Safety Matt Elam today at 8:00 AM. If we get back a 2nd round pick, Elam is definitely someone to keep a eye on. Yes the younger brother of Abe Elam.

Not to mention Elam is a SS, which should move Berry back to his natural position of FS.

Mother****erJones 03-25-2013 06:56 AM

Hmmm..if we trade back and pick up an extra 2 maybe he'll be there. Or if we trade Albert

ChiefMojo 03-25-2013 07:22 AM

That is my guess. None the less good to see us do our due dillegance on positions of need regardless of rounds.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-25-2013 07:27 AM

Hopefully they keep Albert and get the 2nd back by trading down with Philly.

Dante84 03-25-2013 07:37 AM

If anything, it shows our hand on Berry.

I guess they want him as a FS.

ChiefMojo 03-25-2013 07:51 AM

Guess the Chiefs are in Gainesville. I'm sure Floyd is a focus also.

CupidStunt 03-25-2013 07:56 AM

He's going in the late 1st area. Everyone and their mom wants him at the top of the 2nd, which means he's not lasting til then. So the Chiefs would have to get real creative to end up with him.

Chiefshrink 03-25-2013 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 9528005)
If anything, it shows our hand on Berry.

I guess they want him as a FS.

BINGO ! They want Eric back at making more plays which is his bent:thumb:

Chief Roundup 03-25-2013 08:21 AM

As long as Berry is not in coverage. He cannot cover a TE worth a shit.

YayMike 03-25-2013 08:50 AM

This means Albert is traded, or we trade down...or both....maybe neither. hmm...

ChiefGator 03-25-2013 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefMojo (Post 9528028)
Guess the Chiefs are in Gainesville. I'm sure Floyd is a focus also.

Holy crap.. I gotta go run over to the Stadium quick!

Reerun_KC 03-25-2013 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9528086)

:clap:

B14ckmon 03-25-2013 09:55 AM

I'd rather have Elam over the overrated future scrub CB Milliner.

Easy 6 03-25-2013 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9528086)

I dont buy that, he didnt start getting consistently burnt until after the knee... he'll look more like his rookie year going forward, i'd bet.

ChiefAshhole20 03-25-2013 10:31 AM

Berry, Elam, Flowers, Smith, and Dunta would be a top secondary. That would be one hell of a matchup against Peyton and his one dimensional team.

B14ckmon 03-25-2013 10:33 AM

I hate the Gators, and even I think Elam is flying under the radar right now. I think he is the best secondary player in the draft. I understand the production of Rhodes/Milliner, but I feel like Elam is a lot more skilled/NFL ready.

ChiefAshhole20 03-25-2013 10:39 AM

Vacaro= Earl Thomas, Elam=Berry

Mother****erJones 03-25-2013 10:46 AM

Would be nice to move back from 1 and get a 2nd and get Elam in round 2

RunKC 03-25-2013 10:53 AM

Isn't Husien Abdullah a very good run stuffer?

I figured we would start Abdullah at SS and have Berry at FS.

Easy 6 03-25-2013 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9528313)
Isn't Husien Abdullah a very good run stuffer?

I figured we would start Abdullah at SS and have Berry at FS.

My guess is that he isnt penciled in anywhere yet, he probably has some rust to shake off and a few things to prove first.

Frankie 03-25-2013 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9527995)
Hopefully they keep Albert and get the 2nd back by trading down with Philly.

That's what I would like way better too.

RunKC 03-25-2013 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9528326)
My guess is that he isnt penciled in anywhere yet, he probably has some rust to shake off and a few things to prove first.

Yeah. I would rather us take TJ McDonald than Matt Elam in round 2. We can probably get McDonald in round 4.

Idk I'd rather us take a WR with our first pick in the 3rd (assuming we don't trade down).

Setsuna 03-25-2013 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtchiefs4life (Post 9527974)
Hmmm..if we trade back and pick up an extra 2 maybe he'll be there. Or if we trade Albert

ROFL

Mother****erJones 03-25-2013 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandusksuna (Post 9529380)
ROFL

What ya laughing bundle of stickss fan?

Setsuna 03-25-2013 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtchiefs4life (Post 9529385)
What ya laughing pillowbiters fan?

LMAO I'm not delusional unlike some people.

Tombstone RJ 03-25-2013 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefAshhole20 (Post 9528279)
Berry, Elam, Flowers, Smith, and Dunta would be a top secondary. That would be one hell of a matchup against Peyton and his one dimensional team.

that would be a good secondary, but not sure what you mean by one dimensional team...

RunKC 03-25-2013 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 9529412)
that would be a good secondary, but not sure what you mean by one dimensional team...

Nobody is scared of any of your RB's..

ChiefAshhole20 03-25-2013 08:55 PM

Quote:

Well Knowshon doesn't worry me, Mcgahee is 43, and Hillman isn't going to hold down the RB position so the running game isn't a huge concern if I'm facing the Broncos. Even though Von is a freak, you aren't going to have a strong pass rush with just one stud, look how KC was with Tamba the pre-Houston years. Champ is on the downside of his career, and DRC is inconsistent at best, the pass defense isn't going to help keep the score low. Put that with the fact that Denver has had trouble stopping the run for years, I feel like Denver is just a dangerous passing offense. Besides the kicking game, nothing on the Broncos scares me. Except Peyton, but **** that guy.

Mother****erJones 03-25-2013 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandusksuna (Post 9529396)

Its a possibility pencil dick. Why are you even ****ing here?

Tombstone RJ 03-25-2013 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9529477)
Nobody is scared of any of your RB's..

:hmmm:

Tombstone RJ 03-25-2013 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefAshhole20 (Post 9529504)
Well Knowshon doesn't worry me, Mcgahee is 43, and Hillman isn't going to hold down the RB position so the running game isn't a huge concern if I'm facing the Broncos. Even though Von is a freak, you aren't going to have a strong pass rush with just one stud, look how KC was with Tamba the pre-Houston years. Champ is on the downside of his career, and DRC is inconsistent at best, the pass defense isn't going to help keep the score low. Put that with the fact that Denver has had trouble stopping the run for years, I feel like Denver is just a dangerous passing offense. Besides the kicking game, nothing on the Broncos scares me. Except Peyton, but **** that guy.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_uHBFiAnpZs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

CoMoChief 03-25-2013 09:33 PM

Quote:

well they don't run the ball worth a shit

Tombstone RJ 03-25-2013 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9529581)
well they don't run the ball worth a shit

Broncos were ok at rushing last year and certainly can improve, I'm hoping the Broncos draft another RB. But they didn't suck running the ball and this will be Hillman's second year in the system.

Bump 03-25-2013 09:51 PM

Elam is gonna be a beast

Tribal Warfare 03-25-2013 10:10 PM

a trade down move for Elam could signal that the Chiefs FO is preparing to not re-sign Berry when his contract's up.

BossChief 03-25-2013 10:20 PM

Reminds me of Bob Sanders.

CoMoChief 03-25-2013 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9529684)
a trade down move for Elam could signal that the Chiefs FO is preparing to not re-sign Berry when his contract's up.

:spock:

This is a passing league now...Reid and Dorsey know with Manning in the division, this team will have to be loaded in the secondary.

If he keeps making pro bowls and continues to improve, he'll stay in KC.

If any of our star players on defense are traded etc. i think it's Hali

NJChiefsFan 03-25-2013 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YayMike (Post 9528125)
This means Albert is traded, or we trade down...or both....maybe neither. hmm...

Thanks for playing?

NJChiefsFan 03-25-2013 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandusksuna (Post 9529396)

It's not your team. Why would you ever be in a position to be delusional about a team you don't support?

TEX 03-26-2013 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9529742)
:spock:

This is a passing league now...Reid and Dorsey know with Manning in the division, this team will have to be loaded in the secondary.

If he keeps making pro bowls and continues to improve, he'll stay in KC.

If any of our star players on defense are traded etc. i think it's Hali

Need pass rushers too. The post-knee- injury- Berry BLOWS and is overrated. No big deal if he leaves. It was an absolute joke that he made the Pro Bowl last season. Just goes to show that it more of a popularity contest than anything.

Urc Burry 03-26-2013 04:33 AM

Quote:

Dumb. Berry's contract is through 2016

Chiefs=Champions 03-26-2013 05:45 AM

Quote:

Doom and Gloom is back to his old schtick

Tribal Warfare 03-26-2013 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Urc Burry (Post 9529831)
Dumb. Berry's contract is through 2016

just looking ahead, not doom and gloom just looking at all the possibilities.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-26-2013 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 9529606)
Broncos were ok at rushing last year and certainly can improve, I'm hoping the Broncos draft another RB. But they didn't suck running the ball and this will be Hillman's second year in the system.

I saw games where they couldn't crack 3 and a half yards per carry against teams playing nickel/dime the ENTIRE game, so yeah they sucked running the ball ROFL Meanwhile KC ripped apart a couple of AFC playoff teams for 300 yards rushing who knew we didn't have a QB. See the difference between shit/great?

Pasta Little Brioni 03-26-2013 07:05 AM

Quote:

You have got to be ****ing kidding me ROFL

Pasta Little Brioni 03-26-2013 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 9529825)
Need pass rushers too. The post-knee- injury- Berry BLOWS and is overrated. No big deal if he leaves. It was an absolute joke that he made the Pro Bowl last season. Just goes to show that it more of a popularity contest than anything.

I'm sorry, but this is a complete load of bullshit. He was outstanding the 2nd half of the year last year. He played at a VERY high level. I have no idea what games people watch when they think Winston sucked and now this take on Berry.

CoMoChief 03-26-2013 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9529907)
I'm sorry, but this is a complete load of bullshit. He was outstanding the 2nd half of the year last year. He played at a VERY high level. I have no idea what games people watch when they think Winston sucked and now this take on Berry.

Winston had some pass protection problems at the beginning of the season. Of course some of that can be blamed on a shitty Matt Cassel. Winston wasn't a great pass blocker but was stellar in the running game. Far from "sucking" if you ask me. Still don't know why he was released.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-26-2013 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9529912)
Winston had some pass protection problems at the beginning of the season. Of course some of that can be blamed on a shitty Matt Cassel. Winston wasn't a great pass blocker but was stellar in the running game. Far from "sucking" if you ask me. Still don't know why he was released.

Yeah, I didn't understand that at all. He was a monster in run blocking and I'd say solid in pass pro. Cassel/Quinn last year was the worst QB play I've ever seen yet people blame the tackles. Dumb.

Setsuna 03-26-2013 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9529701)
Reminds me of Bob Sanders.

Except better and almost never gets injured.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9529785)
It's not your team. Why would you ever be in a position to be delusional about a team you don't support?

:facepalm: And the Jags aren't in an equal or worse position than the Chiefs? Please get off.

Tombstone RJ 03-26-2013 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9529903)
I saw games where they couldn't crack 3 and a half yards per carry against teams playing nickel/dime the ENTIRE game, so yeah they sucked running the ball ROFL Meanwhile KC ripped apart a couple of AFC playoff teams for 300 yards rushing who knew we didn't have a QB. See the difference between shit/great?

The Broncos ranked 16th in rushing so yah, there's room for improvement. I'm not worried. KC on the other hand now has a hc who does not like rushing the ball so whatever stats and things you saw last year is not going to matter at all this coming season.

BigMeatballDave 03-26-2013 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 9531806)
I'm not worried. KC on the other hand now has a hc who does not like rushing the ball so whatever stats and things you saw last year is not going to matter at all this coming season.

Obvious trolling donkey bitch is obvious

milkman 03-26-2013 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 9531806)
The Broncos ranked 16th in rushing so yah, there's room for improvement. I'm not worried. KC on the other hand now has a hc who does not like rushing the ball so whatever stats and things you saw last year is not going to matter at all this coming season.

Something tells me he's going to run the ball more than he ever has before, and more than he initially plans to start the season.

Just a gut feeling.

JohnnyHammersticks 03-26-2013 11:41 PM

Elam is a badass. He was always the player you noticed when the Gators were on defense. Hard hitter, makes tons of plays.

Chief Roundup 03-27-2013 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9528274)
I dont buy that, he didnt start getting consistently burnt until after the knee... he'll look more like his rookie year going forward, i'd bet.

Uh I don't recall it like that at all. I recall him getting toasted then as well and everyone was saying it is because he is a rookie and that he would improve in the next season. Of course we know where that ended up.

Chiefshrink 03-27-2013 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9531855)
Something tells me he's going to run the ball more than he ever has before, and more than he initially plans to start the season.

Just a gut feeling.

I think you are right. Especially after taking all the 'diss' for not using McCoy this last year unlike he did the year before. Charles will be McCoy of '11' with even better production with an improved O-line.

Chiefshrink 03-27-2013 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 9529535)
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_uHBFiAnpZs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

You live out here as well and you should know they are already clamoring out here for a RB with their first pick. Nobody is sold on WM and his age, nobody is sold on KM for the longterm, and Hillman proved he is not an every down type of back.

TEX 03-27-2013 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9529907)

I'm double sorry but THIS is a complete load of extra bullshit. Berry was far from "outstanding" the second half of the season. He played at an AVERAGE level. The guy was ABUSED early on and played at a respectable level at years end. He did not deserve to make the Pro Bowl based on the full body of work put forth last season. He was not the top 1 or 2 at his position. No way - no how.

I'm with you with Eric Winston -

Rausch 03-27-2013 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 9532513)
I'm double sorry but THIS is a complete load of extra bullshit. Berry was far from "outstanding" the second half of the season. He played at an AVERAGE level. The guy was ABUSED early on and played at a respectable level at years end. He did not deserve to make the Pro Bowl based on the full body of work put forth last season. He was not the top 1 or 2 at his position. No way - no how.

I think Berry just took longer to heal. Not everyone is a freak like Peterson or Charles - most take a full year or more to get back to where they were (if they ever do.)

suds79 03-27-2013 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9532519)
I think Berry just took longer to heal. Not everyone is a freak like Peterson or Charles - most take a full year or more to get back to where they were (if they ever do.)

My concern with Berry isn't where he's at health wise. I think he'll be fine certainly by the start of next year if he wasn't fully 100% last year.

My concern is his inability to cover TEs. That's going back to his rookie year.

For the life of me I can't figure out why he's at SS. I just think he'd be better suited playing center field, using his smarts & athleticism to try to pick off balls. Move him to FS like he was in college.

FRCDFED 03-27-2013 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 9532513)

I completely agree with this. People are dilusional to think that someone completely recovers from an ACL injury. They may be able to play at a high level but they will never be the same or better. Considering Berry was young and ascending at the time of his injury.......his ceiling is lower now and he will never achieve the level of play that we anticipated prior to his injury whether it be to minute physical limitations or the mental aspect that is lingering in the back of his head when he comes up to make a tackle. Just accept it!

Rausch 03-27-2013 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 9532531)
My concern with Berry isn't where he's at health wise. I think he'll be fine certainly by the start of next year if he wasn't fully 100% last year.

My concern is his inability to cover TEs. That's going back to his rookie year.

For the life of me I can't figure out why he's at SS. I just think he'd be better suited playing center fiend, using his smarts & athleticism to try to pick off balls. Move him to FS like he was in college.

I think he should have started off there as well.

As far as covering the TE he had bad moments but overall was good in that role before the injury. After the injury you could tell even slow TE's were beating him like a drum.

TEX 03-27-2013 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FRCDFED (Post 9532536)
I completely agree with this. People are dilusional to think that someone completely recovers from an ACL injury. They may be able to play at a high level but they will never be the same or better. Considering Berry was young and ascending at the time of his injury.......his ceiling is lower now and he will never achieve the level of play that we anticipated prior to his injury whether it be to minute physical limitations or the mental aspect that is lingering in the back of his head when he comes up to make a tackle. Just accept it!

I'm not down on the guy - but I agree in that it is what it is. Last year he NEVER played at the level he was at at the end of his rookie season. Sadly, you might be right and that ceiling might be lower. He made the Pro Bowl based on his rookie season and his draft status. Him making it just shows that its more of a popularity contest rather than an actctual measure of merit of ones play.