ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Random guy: Chiefs leaning toward Dion Jordan with 1st pick (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271927)

Pneuma 04-09-2013 02:24 PM

Random guy: Chiefs leaning toward Dion Jordan with 1st pick

https://twitter.com/Ryan_Riddle/stat...58655322734592

Thoughts?! I don't know who Ryan Riddle is...

Ebolapox 04-09-2013 02:27 PM

Q

RealSNR 04-09-2013 02:28 PM

He's Quite the shit-stirrer.

Basically, he has no ****ing clue.

Canofbier 04-09-2013 02:33 PM

Nuthooks?

WhitiE 04-09-2013 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canofbier (Post 9571724)
Nuthooks?

Yes

Bowser 04-09-2013 02:35 PM

WHY NOT

Mr_Tomahawk 04-09-2013 02:36 PM

Evan Silva‏@evansilva8m
#Raiders have used the armpits of free agency to replace 8 of last year's 11 starters on defense. They are like a UFL team.

Sassy Squatch 04-09-2013 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9571743)
Evan Silva‏@evansilva8m
#Raiders have used the armpits of free agency to replace 8 of last year's 11 starters on defense. They are like a UFL team.

Not much they can conceivably do.

Bowser 04-09-2013 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9571743)
Evan Silva‏@evansilva8m

They have brought in a staggering amount of piss poor players in free agency. I caught a second of Petro and that boob Teicher talking about the Raiders - they're both convinced that Oakland will have the first overall pick next season.

Direckshun 04-09-2013 02:44 PM

THREAD STARTING REQUIREMENTS

DID WE NOT JUST GO OVER THIS

DaFace 04-09-2013 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9571781)

Dude. He's been here for 7 years.

DaneMcCloud 04-09-2013 03:05 PM

Quote:

What the world really needs is another mock draft

Chief_For_Life58 04-09-2013 03:13 PM

Quote:

100 thousand post requirement for threat starting!!!

Rausch 04-09-2013 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief_For_Life58 (Post 9571895)
100 thousand post requirement for threat starting!!!

I'll threaten whomever the **** I want!:cuss:

patteeu 04-09-2013 03:19 PM

Quote:

I know you're probably just joking, but we want rumors here as long as they're properly presented as such. I judge this thread to be righteous.

DaFace 04-09-2013 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9571915)
I know you're probably just joking, but we want rumors here as long as they're properly presented as such. I judge this thread to be righteous.

He's got a point. The original thread title was "Chiefs select Dion Jordan with 1st pick", which was poorly worded. I'm willing to give the OP the benefit of the doubt (and a warning).

patteeu 04-09-2013 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9571925)
He's got a point. The original thread title was "Chiefs select Dion Jordan with 1st pick", which was poorly worded. I'm willing to give the OP the benefit of the doubt (and a warning).

OK, yeah, I didn't realize the title had been improved. Good job.

ChiefMojo 04-09-2013 04:09 PM

Jeff Risdon ‏@JeffRisdon

Just re-confirmed with another that what @Ryan_Riddle said yesterday is 100% correct: the #Chiefs are indeed leaning Dion Jordan at #1.

ToxSocks 04-09-2013 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefMojo (Post 9572071)
Jeff Risdon ‏@JeffRisdon

Just re-confirmed with another that what @Ryan_Riddle said yesterday is 100% correct: the #Chiefs are indeed leaning Dion Jordan at #1.

Random guy confirms another random guy's unconfirmed rumor about a player they may or may not take.

Bewbies 04-09-2013 04:12 PM

Where are all the people (Frankie) saying this is just a smokescreen?

Ming the Merciless 04-09-2013 04:12 PM

i read a klittle...seems like fail to me

Quote:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>@<a href="https://twitter.com/ryan_mccrystal">ryan_mccrystal</a> maybe they use Hali as a bargaining chip to get more picks. Or they keep all 3 and give Jordan special matchup assignments</p>&mdash; Ryan Riddle (@Ryan_Riddle) <a href="https://twitter.com/Ryan_Riddle/status/321394519545368576">April 8, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

mcaj22 04-09-2013 04:13 PM

lol "random guy"

ToxSocks 04-09-2013 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 9572083)
Where are all the people (Frankie) saying this is just a smokescreen?

This place should be renamed "Smokescreen Planet"

Nightfyre 04-09-2013 04:16 PM

Hey guys, I just started three twitter accounts and started spamming some random shit to see what would stick.

Twitter 1: Per my source, the Chiefs are targeting Leon Sandcastle in the NFL Draft.
Twitter 2: I can 100% confirm this rumour.
Twitter 3: Whoa, does this mean the Chiefs are trading Brandon Flowers?

Mother****erJones 04-09-2013 04:16 PM

Just another guy probably trying to boost followers. And so is that guy that's confirming what The Riddler is saying.

Mother****erJones 04-09-2013 04:16 PM

Title should say The Riddler says the Chiefs are leaning towards Dion Jordan at number 1.

Sassy Squatch 04-09-2013 04:18 PM

If its true maybe they aren't getting the offers they want for Albert.

Ace Gunner 04-09-2013 04:18 PM

ryan riddle? THE RYAN RIDDLE?????!!!!!??!!?!?!?!?!?!?

Mav 04-09-2013 04:39 PM

so I guessing between now and draft day, which is what 16 days away, every day we are going to have a tweet saying the Chiefs are leaning. Guess tomorrows we can say they are leaning towards taking Star Loutouleli first overall.........

I mean, why the hell not.

penbrook 04-09-2013 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 9572103)
If its true maybe they aren't getting the offers they want for Albert.

There not trading Albert..

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-09-2013 04:46 PM

Better Jordan than O/D-line. I can live with this.
Posted via Mobile Device

Pasta Little Brioni 04-09-2013 04:48 PM

Chiefs leaning toward Pissingit Away with 1st pick

Mav 04-09-2013 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9572186)
Better Jordan than O/D-line. I can live with this.
Posted via Mobile Device

you can live with a back up player being taken number one overall? Because if they do draft him, and don't trade Hali, or Houston, hes a back up. Which is specifically why you guys don't want them to take Joeckell when you still have Albert. That doesn't make a whole lot of sense.........

penbrook 04-09-2013 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith Fan (Post 9572196)
you can live with a back up player being taken number one overall? Because if they do draft him, and don't trade Hali, or Houston, hes a back up. Which is specifically why you guys don't want them to take Joeckell when you still have Albert. That doesn't make a whole lot of sense.........

Hell any pick we make will be a backup. Why dont we just trade our whole draft for Aaron Rodgers.

Mav 04-09-2013 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 9572201)
Hell any pick we make will be a backup. Why dont we just trade our whole draft for Aaron Rodgers.

lol, well when you put it that way.........I don't necessarily agree with that. im pretty sure that fisher, or Joeckell would both start at Right Tackle this year.......

btw, fisher >joeckell

crazycoffey 04-09-2013 04:51 PM

Wait I don't see an official thread about this guy with a highlight reel. So somebody tell me how I feel about this.

Hog's Gone Fishin 04-09-2013 04:51 PM

Quote:

That's not really correct. He can be used in a rotational role or even on field with Hali and Houston. Sutton claims we're going to do something no one else does and attack the QB so I can see three pass rushers sharing the field at once.

penbrook 04-09-2013 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith Fan (Post 9572205)
lol, well when you put it that way.........I don't necessarily agree with that. im pretty sure that fisher, or Joeckell would both start at Right Tackle this year.......

btw, fisher >joeckell

Yea I like Fisher a lot more than Joeckel too. Fishers play is better than Joeckel and has tremendous upside.

However we already have a in house candidate for RT in Stephenson and The Bad Guy yesterday said the New Regime likes Stephenson a whole lot.

penbrook 04-09-2013 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 9572213)
That's not really correct. He can be used in a rotational role or even on field with Hali and Houston. Sutton claims we're going to do something no one else does and attack the QB so I can see three pass rushers sharing the field at once.

We actually have a good pass rusher in Bailey. But hes not consistent and isnt good vs the run.

Mav 04-09-2013 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 9572213)

It is correct in the sense that if you take a player first overall, he should be a day one starter, and not have to be a role player. That's just my opinion. You are drafting one with the hope that with the player you take, you aren't drafting one again any time soon. Im all for pass rushers, don't get me wrong. IM not sure one, that hes the best pass rusher in this draft, and two that he is the position they should be focusing on. But hey, I thought Mario Williams at one overall was a reach. They know more than me that's for sure.

Sorter 04-09-2013 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 9572226)
We actually have a good pass rusher in Bailey. But hes not consistent and isnt good vs the run.

LMAO

Pasta Little Brioni 04-09-2013 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 9572226)

We do? LMAO

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-09-2013 05:11 PM

Quote:

If I can live with a backup Geno, I can sure as **** live with a backup Dion. Its all a ****ing smokescreen anyway. The Dorseid Mantra just became, "dont listen to what we say, watch what we DO". And what they are doing is filling the o-line so they dont have to waste this pick on it. Im confident that they are happy with the D line as well. Their lack of action in that dept speaks clearly enough. Dude, you know where the rest of this post logically concludes; no need for me to say it again. :)
Posted via Mobile Device

BlackHelicopters 04-09-2013 05:14 PM

Good news.

penbrook 04-09-2013 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9572304)
If I can live with a backup Geno, I can sure as **** live with a backup Dion. Its all a ****ing smokescreen anyway. The Dorseid Mantra just became, "dont listen to what we say, watch what we DO". And what they are doing is filling the o-line so they dont have to waste this pick on it. Im confident that they are happy with the D line as well. Their lack of action in that dept speaks clearly enough. Dude, you know where the rest of this post logically concludes; no need for me to say it again. :)
Posted via Mobile Device

I can Geno.

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-09-2013 05:19 PM

There's no "first day rule" to apply here. They are NOT taking Fisher or Jokel, and that is NOT wishful thinking on my part. Look at the moves. If Lilja comes back, you can ESPECIALLY cross those two off your mock. Yes, we are in Win Now but Dorsey is not a goddamned idiot looking for "value" like his predecessor. He wants impact players and he wants the future addressed as well. Dorsey wants Geno, and he is GOING to get him.
Posted via Mobile Device

ToxSocks 04-09-2013 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9572342)
There's no "first day rule" to apply here. They are NOT taking Fisher or Jokel, and that is NOT wishful thinking on my part. Look at the moves. If Lilja comes back, you can ESPECIALLY cross those two off your mock. Yes, we are in Win Now but Dorsey is not a goddamned idiot looking for "value" like his predecessor. He wants impact players and he wants the future addressed as well. Dorsey wants Geno, and he is GOING to get him.
Posted via Mobile Device

Smokescreen.

Blame Obama.

Dave Lane 04-09-2013 05:21 PM

I'll be glad to get the draft over so I can die a little inside.

penbrook 04-09-2013 05:23 PM

Quote:

Posted via Mobile Device

This o:-)

Hog's Gone Fishin 04-09-2013 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ponderception (Post 9572276)
LMAO

X2

Mother****erJones 04-09-2013 05:25 PM

ROFL haven't seen Bailey on the field since the steeler game in '11. I notice him.

Hog's Gone Fishin 04-09-2013 05:26 PM

Quote:

Posted via Mobile Device

Umm. Drafting Geno is not "win right now"

penbrook 04-09-2013 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 9572386)
Umm. Drafting Geno is not "win right now"

No but hes winning now for the future.

Nobody we pick #1 is gonna start. Thats the truth. We are the most loaded team on paper and have no holes for a team picking #1 in NFL history.

OrtonsPiercedTaint 04-09-2013 05:37 PM

Hali and Houston are not very fond of smokescreens.

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-09-2013 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 9572398)
No but hes winning now for the future.

Nobody we pick #1 is gonna start. Thats the truth. We are the most loaded team on paper and have no holes for a team picking #1 in NFL history.

And no prospects worthy of filling those holes at one/one. Milliner? Possibly. But ****a and Abdyllah pretty much kill that. If they cant get a trade, they are ABSOLUTELY going to take the best QB prospect. You cant even question it now.
Posted via Mobile Device

penbrook 04-09-2013 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9572433)
And no prospects worthy of filling those holes at one/one. Milliner? Possibly. But ****a and Abdyllah pretty much kill that. If they cant get a trade, they are ABSOLUTELY going to take the best QB prospect. You cant even question it now.
Posted via Mobile Device

Millner is a CB and we brought in Sean Smith. And Flowers yea. Millner wouldnt even have a chance of starting.

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-09-2013 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 9572445)
Millner is a CB and we brought in Sean Smith. And Flowers yea. Millner wouldnt even have a chance of starting.

I thought Hussein was a corner?
Posted via Mobile Device

penbrook 04-09-2013 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9572528)
Posted via Mobile Device

No Hussein is a safety. Robinson can play either or.

Bowser 04-09-2013 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9572528)
Posted via Mobile Device

Strong Safety. Good depth signing.

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-09-2013 06:00 PM

Either way, the holes are filled/twss.
Posted via Mobile Device

ChiefAshhole20 04-09-2013 06:11 PM

Drafting Dion would allow Tamba to rush the passer every time now that he won't have to worry about pass coverage, since that is one of Dion's strengths, along with being another dangerous rusher. Just line him up at ILB and let him rove around in different spots to blitz on either side of Houston/Hali or drop back in coverage in zone or on a TE. I'd rather have Geno personally, but if a trade down isn't possible, I think Dion as an alternative would be satisfactory.

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-09-2013 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefAshhole20 (Post 9572580)
Drafting Dion would allow Tamba to rush the passer every time now that he won't have to worry about pass coverage, since that is one of Dion's strengths, along with being another dangerous rusher. Just line him up at ILB and let him rove around in different spots to blitz on either side of Houston/Hali or drop back in coverage in zone or on a TE. I'd rather have Geno personally, but if a trade down isn't possible, I think Dion as an alternative would be satisfactory.

This.
Posted via Mobile Device

DTLB58 04-09-2013 08:37 PM

Quote:

Posted via Mobile Device

As I'm watching all the "Path To The Draft" guys on NFLN right now, say there isn't a QB this year worth the Jags taking @ #2 :)

Gravedigger 04-09-2013 08:40 PM

Anything but a tackle and I'd be happy. You're just causing trouble, almost Pioli-esque arrogance, by drafting Joeckel or Fisher. There will be other great tackles out there in the coming years if not in later rounds this year. Giving up on Albert if you aren't able to trade him is a mistake that will come back to bite ya.

B14ckmon 04-09-2013 08:43 PM

How does bringing back a backup OG mean they aren't taking a LT?

BossChief 04-09-2013 09:56 PM

If they are dead set on passing on a qb with the top pick (as expected) the only two choices should be pass rusher with elite upside/trade down.

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-09-2013 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9573820)
If they are dead set on passing on a qb with the top pick (as expected) the only two choices should be pass rusher with elite upside/trade down.

This. Impact or future; nothing else is acceptable.
Posted via Mobile Device

Pitt Gorilla 04-09-2013 10:20 PM

This is simply a crappy year to have 1.1. Clowney? Not eligible. The difference between QB #1 and #8? Negligible in the eyes of many.

I watched Geno on Gruden's QB Camp and thought he looked great. That being said, I don't know who should go 1.1.

Chiefshrink 04-09-2013 10:38 PM

I bet we go Jordan if we can't trade out. And I am okay with that. Geno,Dion or Tavon.

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-09-2013 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 9573888)
I bet we go Jordan if we can't trade out. And I am okay with that. Geno,Dion or Tavon.

Solid choices. It would never happen, but I'd take Austin with the one if I was dead set against QB. HE could have an immediate impact.
Posted via Mobile Device

Saccopoo 04-09-2013 10:46 PM

I'd rather have Barkevious Mingo if we have to go with an edge rusher.

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-09-2013 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9573906)
I'd rather have Barkevious Mingo if we have to go with an edge rusher.

I dont know much about Mingo. Is it possible we could get him in the third? It seems to me they'd want to address the interior first. Everyone keeps saying "Tamba is old"' but DJ is no spring chicken either, and he's not exactly Ray Lewis consistent out there anyway. To be fair, he's not Donnie Edwards either, so that's good.
Posted via Mobile Device

nychief 04-09-2013 11:06 PM

Dion is a physical freak... JPP like, no?

Chiefshrink 04-09-2013 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9573897)
Solid choices. It would never happen, but I'd take Austin with the one if I was dead set against QB. HE could have an immediate impact.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yep. Tavon will be 2013 offensive rookie of the year IMO.

Chiefshrink 04-09-2013 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nychief (Post 9573942)
Dion is a physical freak... JPP like, no?

And Dion could very well be 2013 defensive rookie of the year.

Sorter 04-09-2013 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9573936)
I dont know much about Mingo. Is it possible we could get him in the third? It seems to me they'd want to address the interior first. Everyone keeps saying "Tamba is old"' but DJ is no spring chicken either, and he's not exactly Ray Lewis consistent out there anyway. To be fair, he's not Donnie Edwards either, so that's good.
Posted via Mobile Device

LMAO

Titty Meat 04-09-2013 11:25 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7etMElFWvb4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

RealSNR 04-09-2013 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9573936)
Posted via Mobile Device

Apparently all you need to do is plant some weed on a guy, turn him in, and you should be able to get him in the 3rd round.

I'm continually astounded that we were able to draft Justin Houston when we did.

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-09-2013 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ponderception (Post 9573963)
LMAO

Hence my admission of "not knowing much about Mingo". Why would I spend time researching defensive players when this shit was very clear cut when we started?

What was the weakest link on this team?

We are picking where again?

Duhhhhhhhh.....
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-09-2013 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9573978)
Apparently all you need to do is plant some weed on a guy, turn him in, and you should be able to get him in the 3rd round.

I'm continually astounded that we were able to draft Justin Houston when we did.

I'm convinced that was pure ass over teakettle for Peeholi. He really sucked at his job. In hindsight, I'd let Herm draft my DB's from now until Jesus returns.
Posted via Mobile Device