ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Akeem Jordan visiting Kansas City Chiefs today (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272027)

ShowtimeSBMVP 04-12-2013 07:24 AM

Akeem Jordan visiting Kansas City Chiefs today

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider 46m

Source: Former Philadelphia Eagles linebacker Akeem Jordan visiting Kansas City Chiefs today: http://profootball.scout.com/a.z?s=1...=6845098&fhn=1

Source: Former Eagles linebacker Akeem Jordan visiting Chiefs today
by Aaron Wilson of Scout.com, April 12, 2013 at 8:34 am ET

Akeem Jordan Profile

Former Philadelphia Eagles linebacker Akeem Jordan is visiting the Kansas City Chiefs today, according to a league source.

The veteran free agent also visited the Cincinnati Bengals this week.

Jordan has offers from the Eagles to potentially return. He has also been asked to visit other NFL teams.

In six NFL seasons, the former James Madison standout has recorded 262 tackles, one sack, two interceptions, two forced fumbles and seven pass deflections.

He started seven games last season for the Eagles, playing in 14, and had 44 tackles and two forced fumbles.

Jordan, 27, is a 6-foot-1, 230-pounder from Harrisonburg, Va.

The former undrafted free agent was named Colonial Athletic Conference Defensive Player of the Year in college, an All-American selection who was a runnerup for the Buck Buchanan Award.

For more coverage of the NFL, go to profootball.scout.com.

Follow me on Twitter: @RavensInsider

O.city 04-12-2013 07:29 AM

Ilb? I have no idea about him

BossChief 04-12-2013 07:29 AM

To the dingy

ChiefMojo 04-12-2013 07:31 AM

So if we were to bring in Jordan to go with Zambo, would we still draft a OLB unless it was Dion Jordan at 1.1?

Dante84 04-12-2013 07:45 AM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dKeRXznZbzw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dante84 04-12-2013 07:46 AM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0Es7IrezPWM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The Bad Guy 04-12-2013 07:47 AM

Akeem would be an ILB in this system. He's not a 3-4 outside backer.

Mother****erJones 04-12-2013 08:14 AM

Nice hit!! :)

In58men 04-12-2013 08:17 AM

We tried the Patriot way, we tried to be like Cardinals and Cleveland and now we go the Philly way.

Mother****erJones 04-12-2013 08:27 AM

No this isn't going the philly way. It's one guy.

Frankie 04-12-2013 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 9580051)
We tried the Patriot way, we tried to be like Cardinals and Cleveland and now we go the Philly way.

It's too soon to put labels like that on the new regime. Any new regime will try to bring in some players they are familiar with. We'll be signing a couple of former Packers and former Eagles. It does not mean a new recast version of the Patriots way.

Mother****erJones 04-12-2013 08:47 AM

The thing you have to look at is, we're not steadfast on signing ONLY players we're familar with. We've signed guys from around the league e.g. Avery, Devito although he played for Sutton, Fasano, Smith and i know Reid is familar with him but Alex hasn't played for him.

ChiefMojo 04-12-2013 08:50 AM

True in hindsight in ths system he would be a ILB.

In58men 04-12-2013 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9580066)
It's too soon to put labels like that on the new regime. Any new regime will try to bring some players they are familiar with. Well be signing a couple of former Packers and former Eagles. It's does not mean a new recast version of the Patriots way.

I know, just being sarcastic. Kinda surprised we didn't go after Matt Flynn though. I thought we'd bring him in and draft Geno for a QB competition. In no way I thought we wouldn't have some sort of QB competition this season.

Rooskieflooskie 04-12-2013 10:01 AM

Boys good, real good.

bevischief 04-12-2013 10:06 AM

To the crapper.

mcaj22 04-12-2013 10:14 AM

i like this guy.

The Franchise 04-12-2013 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9580272)
i like this guy.

Holy shit.....that's a first.

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-12-2013 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefMojo (Post 9579986)
So if we were to bring in Jordan to go with Zambo, would we still draft a OLB unless it was Dion Jordan at 1.1?

Probably not. More moves in the making for selecting Geno I see. Good stuff!
Posted via Mobile Device

Pasta Little Brioni 04-12-2013 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9580272)
i like this guy.

:eek:

BlackHelicopters 04-12-2013 05:56 PM

To the watchtower.

JoeyChuckles 04-12-2013 07:29 PM

He's no Zac Diles.

Ace Gunner 04-12-2013 07:56 PM

weakside backer. not to say he can't play MIKE in this system, but he's got a lot to learn if he were to land here.

OrtonsPiercedTaint 04-12-2013 08:01 PM

That's nice an all, where's the Chilly news? Has he been seen at Costco? Is he one off those gated community guys? Damn it Teicher...

jimw51 04-12-2013 08:36 PM

More fodder

Messier 04-12-2013 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimw51 (Post 9582118)
More fodder

He's better than that. More like depth.

ShowtimeSBMVP 04-13-2013 07:51 PM

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider 1m

Free agent linebacker Akeem Jordan plans to join the Kansas City Chiefs, according to a league source.

The Bad Guy 04-13-2013 07:54 PM

Actually this is a really good get.

I think the Chiefs still draft an ILB in the 3rd round, but Jordan should be the starter next to DJ with Diles and a rookie backing them up.

Greenwood will have a hard time sticking.

Direckshun 04-13-2013 07:59 PM

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice.

ShowtimeSBMVP 04-13-2013 08:00 PM

Source: Free agent linebacker Akeem Jordan chooses the Chiefs
by Aaron Wilson of Scout.com, April 13, 2013 at 9:57 pm ET

Akeem Jordan Profile

Former Philadelphia Eagles linebacker Akeem Jordan plans to join the Kansas City Chiefs after also visiting the Cincinnati Bengals this week, according to a league source.

The veteran free agent had an upcoming visit with an AFC East franchise, but is opting for the Chiefs' offer where he'll rejoin former Eagles coach Andy Reid.

In six NFL seasons, the former James Madison standout has recorded 262 tackles, one sack, two interceptions, two forced fumbles and seven pass deflections.

He started seven games last season for the Eagles, playing in 14, and had 44 tackles and two forced fumbles.

Jordan, 27, is a 6-foot-1, 230-pounder from Harrisonburg, Va.

The former undrafted free agent was named Colonial Athletic Conference Defensive Player of the Year in college, an All-American selection who was a runnerup for the Buck Buchanan Award.

For more coverage of the NFL, go to profootball.scout.com.

Follow me on Twitter: @RavensInsider

ChiefMojo 04-13-2013 08:13 PM

Very nice! Getting guys like Zambo, Diles and Jordan will give our LB crew the definite quality depth it was lacking. Heck we barely had any on roster up until this past week. Would still guess we are drafting the likely starting SILB.

ShowtimeSBMVP 04-13-2013 08:21 PM

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider 48s

Linebacker Akeem Jordan agreed to a one-year contract with Chiefs with minimum salary benefit plus $20,000 signing bonus, per league source

Micjones 04-13-2013 09:07 PM

Welcome to the Kingdom, Prince Akeem!
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-iyr09G9ejj...40/300full.jpg

BradBigglestein 04-13-2013 10:07 PM

Akeem Jordan is an okay player. He's not terrible, but he's not much above mediocre. He'll be a solid depth guy that can play special teams. He doesn't really stand out in any aspect of the game. He's been with the Eagles for some time, so Reid is probably comfortable with him.

The Bad Guy 04-13-2013 10:14 PM

Actually, after looking over some info on Jordan, he's strictly depth. My buddy said good in coverage but terrible tackler.

Still have to find that thumper in the draft.

They did work out Larry Grant, who I thought did a nice job filling in for Willis in 2011, but didn't sign him.

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-13-2013 10:19 PM

So they're leaning towards LB then?
Posted via Mobile Device

The Bad Guy 04-13-2013 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9584918)
So they're leaning towards LB then?
Posted via Mobile Device

Absolutely ILB.

I still do think Jordan has a real shot to be the #1 pick.

booger 04-13-2013 10:34 PM

I can see akeem being DJ's backup at WILB battling greenwood. Jordan could be the nickel backer too. yeah they need a starter at SILB likely via the draft. Diles is good depth there just not a starter

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-13-2013 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9584922)
Absolutely ILB.

I can live with that. We're stuck with Smith for at least two years, so who if anyone should we be looking at as a QB prospect down the road? Or, is it just too early? Or, is even any possibility we might ever take one in the first with these two?
Posted via Mobile Device

RunKC 04-13-2013 11:49 PM

Quote:

Absolutely ILB.

To play ILB?

Micjones 04-14-2013 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9584914)
Actually, after looking over some info on Jordan, he's strictly depth. My buddy said good in coverage but terrible tackler.

Still have to find that thumper in the draft.

They did work out Larry Grant, who I thought did a nice job filling in for Willis in 2011, but didn't sign him.

We visited with Grant? I had no idea.
He'd answer that question at ILB.
Fairly young guy at 28 who was a productive stand-in for Willis.

New World Order 04-14-2013 02:35 AM

Shawn Barber?

ChiefMojo 04-14-2013 06:20 AM

Unless we take Dion Jordan at 1.1 and play him some at SILB, I would expect us to take one in the 3rd round. Guys like Jon Bostic, Kiko Alonso, Nico Johnson, Kevin Reddick, etc. will be good options there.

DTLB58 04-14-2013 06:33 AM

Signed. @ProFootballTalk: Report: Akeem Jordan agrees to deal with Chiefs http://t.co/I7mnnUqMt2

DTLB58 04-14-2013 06:59 AM

Quote:

Absolutely ILB.

If we draft anywhere 1-4 that's the guy I want, but this is the first I think anyone has heard playing him at ILB. Does he really fit for that? 6'6" 240?

crossbow 04-14-2013 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9580066)
It's too soon to put labels like that on the new regime. Any new regime will try to bring in some players they are familiar with. We'll be signing a couple of former Packers and former Eagles. It does not mean a new recast version of the Patriots way.

True. To be fair it is the "Overpay for a dumbass 49er QB" way which the Chiefs have invented and developed into a level that eclipses all other sports franchises on the planet. Also known as the "Kick your fans in the nuts" method of building a fan base. Of course this only works in cities where the fans have no gag reflex. It is recommended that this never be tried in New York or any other city that has won a recent championship.

The Bad Guy 04-14-2013 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DTLB58 (Post 9585067)
If we draft anywhere 1-4 that's the guy I want, but this is the first I think anyone has heard playing him at ILB. Does he really fit for that? 6'6" 240?

Sorry, should have clarified. The Chiefs need an ILB in addition to drafting Jordan.

Messier 04-14-2013 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crossbow (Post 9585073)
True. To be fair it is the "Overpay for a dumbass 49er QB" way which the Chiefs have invented and developed into a level that eclipses all other sports franchises on the planet. Also known as the "Kick your fans in the nuts" method of building a fan base. Of course this only works in cities where the fans have no gag reflex. It is recommended that this never be tried in New York or any other city that has won a recent championship.

The fans are kicked in the nuts? Maybe if you love Geno Smith. I agree, I wish we could've gotten AS for a 3rd, but other than that the Chiefs made the best move to make in acquiring a veteran QB.

there's strong, but not necessarily legitimate hate for Alex Smith. I think it comes from the mad passionate love people have for Geno, and the fact AS came from San Francisco, neither of which is his fault. When I ask people who'd they rather have, as far as a veteran QB, I hear names like Stanton, and Hasselbeck, neither is better than Smith, in fact they've proven to be backups at this point. I think the only reason these types of QBs were wanted is because they ARE backups Hasselbeck and Stanton would make it easier for a rookie to come in and start, but what people don't get is Dorsey and Reid, it seems, don't like any of the rookie QBs to come in and start. Signing someone like Stanton doesn't mean Genos coming, it just means the Chiefs are starting a backup QB.

Mr. Laz 04-14-2013 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9585168)
The fans are kicked in the nuts? Maybe if you love Geno Smith. I agree, I wish we could've gotten AS for a 3rd, but other than that the Chiefs made the best move to make in acquiring a veteran QB.

there's strong, but not necessarily legitimate hate for Alex Smith. I think it comes from the mad passionate love people have for Geno, and the fact AS came from San Francisco, neither of which is his fault. When I ask people who'd they rather have, as far as a veteran QB, I hear names like Stanton, and Hasselbeck, neither is better than Smith, in fact they've proven to be backups at this point. I think the only reason these types of QBs were wanted is because they ARE backups Hasselbeck and Stanton would make it easier for a rookie to come in and start, but what people don't get is Dorsey and Reid, it seems, don't like any of the rookie QBs to come in and start. Signing someone like Stanton doesn't mean Genos coming, it just means the Chiefs are starting a backup QB.

the cost is part of it too .... the Chiefs paid a heavy price in trade for Alex Smith.

Alex Smith cost us Geno Smith and the chance at a secondary QB in round 2.

Not to mention, first shot at any 1st round talent that slips each year into the 2nd round.

The Bad Guy 04-14-2013 10:32 AM

The Chiefs weren't ever going to take Geno Smith 1 and then turn around and take another QB in the 2nd round.

Bowser 04-14-2013 10:36 AM

Damn, I wanted us to sign Larry Grant. The Niners didn't lose a beat when he stepped in for an injured Patrick Willis. Safe to assume he was asking too much?

Bowser 04-14-2013 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9585168)

My problem with Alex Smith is that he has been considered "good" for about a season and a half. Before that he was complete garbage, being benched for some very dubious no name backups.

I consider Alex Smith a game manager, not a game changer. I want a game changer at the position. He's an upgrade over Cassel (hopefully), but that shouldn't get anyone excited if Cassel is the bell curve.

Direckshun 04-14-2013 10:47 AM

You have to understand what was behind Alex Smith's transformation, though.

He was playing with legitimately shit coaches until Harbaugh showed up. Good god, Mike Singletary coached him for a year and a half.

Then you bring in a QB guru with extensive knowledge for what a QB needs to succeed, and Smith takes off.

Andy Reid fits that description -- I'm not claiming AS is the answer at QB, and I'm not claiming Reid is Harbaugh. But those are the facts.

Direckshun 04-14-2013 10:51 AM

OLB: Tamba Hali, Edgar Jones
SILB: Zac Diles, Chad Kilgore
WILB: Derrick Johnson, Akeem Jordan
OLB: Justin Houston, Frank Zombo

Uh, yeah. We still need at least a starting caliber SILB, if not two of them.

I'd say we're set at WILB. But we could probably use two backup OLBs as well.

Bowser 04-14-2013 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9585488)

He was playing with legitimately shit coaches until Harbaugh showed up. Good god, Mike Singletary coached him for a year and a half.

Then you bring in a QB guru with extensive knowledge for what a QB needs to succeed, and Smith takes off.

Andy Reid fits that description -- I'm not claiming AS is the answer at QB, and I'm not claiming Reid is Harbaugh. But those are the facts.

That's part of the "anxiety" of Alex for me.....will he be the guy Harbaugh formed, or will he curl back into the fetal position without Harbaugh there to press the right buttons?

I'm not dismissing what he has done the last couple of seasons, I just remember as clearly what he wasn't able to do in the seasons before that. Hopefully he's the next Plunkett and leads us to a couple of Super Bowls.

Direckshun 04-14-2013 10:56 AM

My point is, I think he was the creation of a QB coach who knew exactly what to do with him, but we have that QB coach now.

Mr. Laz 04-14-2013 11:01 AM

Quote:

The guy that transformed Alex Smith is also the guy that dumped him as soon as he got a chance

Dayze 04-14-2013 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefMojo (Post 9585051)
Unless we take Dion Jordan at 1.1 and play him some at SILB, I would expect us to take one in the 3rd round. Guys like Jon Bostic, Kiko Alonso, Nico Johnson, Kevin Reddick, etc. will be good options there.

Bostic or Nico would be awesome

RustShack 04-14-2013 11:10 AM

We can pick up Klein or Knott in the middle-late rounds.

Direckshun 04-14-2013 11:12 AM

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/pictu...pictureid=1348

Direckshun 04-14-2013 11:13 AM

OLB: Hali, Montgomery
ILB: Alonso, Diles
ILB: Johnson, Jordan
OLB: Houston, Jones

Messier 04-14-2013 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9585475)
My problem with Alex Smith is that he has been considered "good" for about a season and a half. Before that he was complete garbage, being benched for some very dubious no name backups.

I consider Alex Smith a game manager, not a game changer. I want a game changer at the position. He's an upgrade over Cassel (hopefully), but that shouldn't get anyone excited if Cassel is the bell curve.

I'll put it this way. I don't think Smith will turn into the best QB in football. My hope, and expectation is that he'll maintain what he's already accomplished. I feel more certain about him being good, and someone you can win with, than any other QB in FA, or the draft.

I guess he's a game manager. I'm not sure where the line is drawn between game manager, and franchise QB. Some of the time I suspect Smith will need help to win, but I won't say that the Chiefs are screwed if the D isn't having a great day, because I've seen AS keep the 49ers in games when it didn't look like their day, and I assume he could do that here.

I am concerned about his injury history, but a big difference I expect from Reid and Dorsey, than what we saw from SP, is that I think Reid will always try to improve at the QB position.

milkman 04-14-2013 12:01 PM

Quote:

"Smith takes off"?

He's like the old woman at the stop light.

She finally took off, but is slower than almost every other driver on the road.

Titty Meat 04-14-2013 12:05 PM

Looks like we'll have 2 Jordans at linebacker

Messier 04-14-2013 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9585604)
Looks like we'll have 2 Jordans at linebacker

I can't remember the last time the first overall pick wasn't nailed down with less than two weeks to go, but I really feel it's still up in the air.

mcaj22 04-14-2013 03:36 PM

interesting signing both Diles and Jordan

Diles is slow as a turtle, can tackle but cant cover
Jordan has speed, can cover but cant tackle or shed a block to safe his life

I would laugh if they are trying to platoon these two