ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Late night bullshit: Rookie minicamp. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272999)

Direckshun 05-12-2013 10:09 PM

Late night bullshit: Rookie minicamp.

No conversation this weekend, that I see, about the rookie minicamp. Jesus, folks.

Not one thread?

What I heard about this, mostly from the Arrowhead Pride twitfeed:

1. Bray likes to chuck it.
2. Demetrius Harris is crazy athletic.
3. Kelce looks pretty ****ing good.
4. The Dayne Crist dude had a ****ing great practice.
5. Eric Fisher can crush coal into diamond.

Seriously -- has anybody heard anything about anyone?

Mother****erJones 05-12-2013 10:10 PM

All in the Tyler Bray thread

Direckshun 05-12-2013 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 9678053)
All in the Tyler Bray thread

Really? We're using the Tyler Bray thread as the rookie minicamp repository?

That right there is why people hate megathreads. That right there.

Mother****erJones 05-12-2013 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9678061)

Well people bitch about thread making so, we really were only focusing on Tyler Bray but there were some other tidbits in their too

Rasputin 05-12-2013 10:17 PM

Are any of the reports going be accurate this year? I really don't believe how any one does until I see them play during preseason.

AussieChiefsFan 05-12-2013 10:26 PM

Sounds good so far. Looking forward to see how things shape up in training camp.

Buehler445 05-12-2013 10:27 PM

Dayne Christ is truly aweful. He's Matt Cassel accuracy, pocket presence, and decision making with a better arm but the mobility of Bledsoe.

He's bad folks.

RealSNR 05-12-2013 11:28 PM

When reporters talk about some of the rookies, all the talk devolves into Tyler Bray stuff. Even Andy Reid does it.

"Who looked good, coach?"

"Tyler Bray can sling it."

When the coach is putting that kind of shit out there, then you know the rookie minicamp itself is kind of worthless.

RustShack 05-12-2013 11:32 PM

I have no idea what Haughton is like now, but when he was at Iowa State a few years ago he was arguably better than KO who started on the Ravens line last year as a rookie. He failed out and hasn't played football in a few years now so no idea where he's out now.. But he's one of the best athletes to ever roll through Iowa State. Might be a nice little PS player with some serious upside.

Direckshun 05-12-2013 11:38 PM

Interesting, RustShack.

Simply Red 05-13-2013 12:16 AM

great thread direckshun. thanks.

Simply Red 05-13-2013 12:19 AM

i've been wondering this myself.

Simply Red 05-13-2013 12:22 AM

off topic - sorta: but, i have a funny feeling McCluster is going to be bauce this season.

T-post Tom 05-13-2013 12:52 AM

Glad to see the karma ninjas at 1 Arrowhead had enuff common sense NOT to put Bray in the #7 jersey.

the Talking Can 05-13-2013 04:38 AM

we used our #1 pick on a RT

the excitement is palpable...

unlurking 05-13-2013 05:30 AM

I just can't seem to muster enough energy to care. Last year, whether or not I watched on Sundays was a "game time decision". That's the first time in my life I've had that attitude about this team. Rookie camp (RT @ 1.1?!?!?!?) is competing with a shit I took last week as the least important thing in my life right now.

Mr_Tomahawk 05-13-2013 05:47 AM

I think your stickied roster thread should hold updates over the various camps....it really is the ultimate offseason thread.

BlackHelicopters 05-13-2013 06:16 AM

Apathy and malaise have taken hold. Our O Line should be top 5 , I heard.

SeeingRed 05-13-2013 06:52 AM

One of the better draft and UDFA classes in my opinion.

Sandy Vagina 05-13-2013 06:58 AM

Been reading some articles lately from other KC sites... but I don't have "privileges" to post links yet on here, so... :shrug:

UberSparky 05-13-2013 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9678202)
we used our #1 pick on a RT

the excitement is palpable...

I have never understood the derating of all other o-line positions other than LT. I know its th"blind side" and all that. To me, time to throw. and holes for Charles to run through are paramount. Having the best o-line in football is never a bad thing.

Dave Lane 05-13-2013 07:00 AM

Yeah absolutely fantastic draft...

idiot.

Rasputin 05-13-2013 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 9678167)
off topic - sorta: but, i have a funny feeling McCluster is going to be bauce this season.

Honestly this goes for McCluster and John Baldwin, I think they can have success only if the quarterback can get them the ball in timely precise manner. Their development is on how well the quarterback plays and consistency.

I think the Matty Quinn quarterbacks and the year before that quarterbacks really hurt the players for development even in practice they were held back for having shitty quarterbacking.

It's my hope that these guys take huge leaps with having a quarterback that can get them the damn ball.

ChiTown 05-13-2013 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 9678262)
Been reading some articles lately from other KC sites... but I don't have "privileges" to post links yet on here, so... :shrug:

Good news for all of us. Thanks for the update.

Sandy Vagina 05-13-2013 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UberSparky (Post 9678264)
I have never understood the derating of all other o-line positions other than LT. I know its th"blind side" and all that. To me, time to throw. and holes for Charles to run through are paramount. Having the best o-line in football is never a bad thing.

Yeah, I don't give a **** if Fisher stays his ass at the RT spot for a decade +. These days, defenses will key in on any weak spots of the OL. The best pass rushers are not sticking to the weak or strong side rush. They move around to take advantage of wherever an OL is weak.

There's also the injury factor. As of now, you know longer have to worry much if Albert gets hurt. You now have Fisher that can step in at LT if need be. That's pretty nice insurance. All starts up front... a strong OL is the right way to go!

Sandy Vagina 05-13-2013 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 9678269)
Good news for all of us. Thanks for the update.

Such a friendly and welcoming forum, lolz. This is great! :moon:

Fire Me Boy! 05-13-2013 07:09 AM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/IUoL7slIyDA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

tyton75 05-13-2013 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9678061)

completely agree

Discuss Thrower 05-13-2013 07:51 AM

I don't get why people would value any reports on players at all. Everything is meaningless until Week 1 when actual competition begins.

King_Chief_Fan 05-13-2013 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9678050)
No conversation this weekend, that I see, about the rookie minicamp. Jesus, folks.

Not one thread?

What I heard about this, mostly from the Arrowhead Pride twitfeed:

1. Bray likes to chuck it.
2. Demetrius Harris is crazy athletic.
3. Kelce looks pretty ****ing good.
4. The Dayne Crist dude had a ****ing great practice.
5. Eric Fisher can crush coal into diamond.

Seriously -- has anybody heard anything about anyone?

rookies looking good against rookies..........yawn

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-13-2013 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 9678265)
Yeah absolutely fantastic draft...

idiot.

LMAO
Posted via Mobile Device

Hoover 05-13-2013 08:55 AM

1. I ****ing hate mega threads, so thanks for posting this.
2. This is a Chiefs message board, I want Chiefs info, even if its just Coach Reid clogged the shitter. I want to know.
3. The Debbie Downer shit is really, really old.

Sandy Vagina 05-13-2013 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 9678396)
1. I ****ing hate mega threads, so thanks for posting this.
2. This is a Chiefs message board, I want Chiefs info, even if its just Coach Reid clogged the shitter. I want to know.
3. The Debbie Downer shit is really, really old.

Well said. Why people would hang around a KC forum and only cry that the sky is falling +/or state that they are apathetic... is a mystery.

If you can't get on board with anything KC is doing? or you no longer care? Then **** off and go find something else to do with your wretched lives.

buddha 05-13-2013 09:26 AM

The Debbie Downer Shit HAS gotten way out of control. Talking Can posts that same RT post about 10x a day. Here's an idea...if you hate the Chiefs so much, GTFO right now.

Personally, I like hearing how various players look, no matter what year they are.

Hoover 05-13-2013 09:42 AM

One of my favorites is how Jeff Allen is a worthless piece of shit. He statrted at guard in 14 games as a rookie. That's great learning experience and I expect him to get better. Yet, some on this board think he's a bust.

So a 2nd round pick who was pressed into the starting lineup way ahead of schedule is a bust. Not everyone is going to be Will Shields. And I LOVE how they are willing to throw away a 2nd round 2012 draft pick because "he sucks" then turn around and proclaim giving up 2 2nd round picks for Alex Smith is highway robbery. Well which is it?

unlurking 05-13-2013 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 9678400)
Well said. Why people would hang around a KC forum and only cry that the sky is falling +/or state that they are apathetic... is a mystery.

If you can't get on board with anything KC is doing? or you no longer care? Then **** off and go find something else to do with your wretched lives.

**** you. Come back when you've endured 3 or 4 decades of shit football.

If you had any ****ing clue what Chiefs camp reporting was like you wouldn't believe a god damn thing until September.

Sandy Vagina 05-13-2013 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking (Post 9678500)
**** you. Come back when you've endured 3 or 4 decades of shit football.

If you had any ****ing clue what Chiefs camp reporting was like you wouldn't believe a god damn thing until September.

Dayum... eventually your butt-hurt has to heal, right?

The problem seems to be that some KC fans just suck at shaking off the past and stepping up to the present. Move on from the past and find your fanhood again.

the Talking Can 05-13-2013 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buddha (Post 9678430)
The Debbie Downer Shit HAS gotten way out of control. Talking Can posts that same RT post about 10x a day. Here's an idea...if you hate the Chiefs so much, GTFO right now.

Personally, I like hearing how various players look, no matter what year they are.

do you people read posts, or just cry in them?

direckson asked why there was no discussion of the rookie mini-camp...I responded that we drafted a RT #1 and no one gives a shit...which is a simple, true observation

the only discussion there has been is about our UDFA QB...which is telling (as in, why can't this franchise get a clue about QBs)...or maybe I missed all the threads you started? If so, mea culpa

but I do love the "I'm tired of people accurately describing our shitty franchise as shitty" posts...if you want to be marcellus, no one is stopping you..or if you have access to some alternate universe in which our franchise has spent decades making smart decisions and being successful, let us all in

Discuss Thrower 05-13-2013 10:29 AM

Remember when Peyton Hillis and Jon Baldwin were beasting in OTAs and camp last year?

Yeah.

bevischief 05-13-2013 10:30 AM

:popcorn:

RealSNR 05-13-2013 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 9678453)
One of my favorites is how Jeff Allen is a worthless piece of shit. He statrted at guard in 14 games as a rookie. That's great learning experience and I expect him to get better. Yet, some on this board think he's a bust.

So a 2nd round pick who was pressed into the starting lineup way ahead of schedule is a bust. Not everyone is going to be Will Shields. And I LOVE how they are willing to throw away a 2nd round 2012 draft pick because "he sucks" then turn around and proclaim giving up 2 2nd round picks for Alex Smith is highway robbery. Well which is it?

2nd round picks are great if you don't spend them on garbage like Jeff Allen and Javier Arenas.

ToxSocks 05-13-2013 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 9678565)
Remember when Peyton Hillis and Jon Baldwin were beasting in OTAs and camp last year?

Yeah.

Basically this.

I use to look forward to these reports everyday, but the last 4 years of great camp reports and poor on field performance has tempered it quite a bit. I now realize that most camp reports will be positive...and have little meaning when Sunday rolls around.

Especially a rookie mini camp. There's really isn't much you can take away from those reports.

I'll be more in tune with TC starts...and even then....i've learned my lesson to not buy the hype.

Beef Supreme 05-13-2013 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 9678167)

He can use that move he knows.

aturnis 05-13-2013 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 9678400)

Why don't you mind your **** hole and go back to your Niner board.

P.S. Alice Smith SUCKS! Can't wait to replace him.

aturnis 05-13-2013 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buddha (Post 9678430)

Jonathan Baldwin was the son of Chuck Norris according to camp reports last year. Excuse these people for not eating the cotton candy media reports.

aturnis 05-13-2013 11:37 AM

Quote:

I propose we pick players who might help win Championships with our future 2nd round picks.

ToxSocks 05-13-2013 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 9678695)
I propose we pick players who might help win Championships with our future 2nd round picks.

The point is, one season isn't enough to deem a player a bust.

Some of the same people who were saying to give Albert time when he was a 1st and 2nd year player, are the same people declaring other 1st year players as busts.

The forum has lost a a lot of objectivity this past season because of the polarizing topics...which have created extremes on both sides of the Truefan/Drafturbator spectrum. It'll all even out when TC rolls around, so i wish people would just drop it already.

Sorter 05-13-2013 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 9678688)
Jonathan Baldwin was the son of Chuck Norris according to camp reports last year. Excuse these people for not eating the cotton candy media reports.

The thing is, he was tearing it up in camp. It wasn't fake. He really did have some spectacular catches (one in particular against Toler from AZ IIRC). The guy just can't put it together on the field during the season. Additionally, I think his confidence got worked after the abortion of a pre-season he had.

mcaj22 05-13-2013 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ponderception (Post 9678751)
The thing is, he was tearing it up in camp. It wasn't fake. He really did have some spectacular catches (one in particular against Toler from AZ IIRC). The guy just can't put it together on the field during the season. Additionally, I think his confidence got worked after the abortion of a pre-season he had.

because he sucks

of course hes going to jump over Greg Toler who was in shorts and probably wasnt trying.

in NFL game on Sundays Greg Toler would get him and jam Baldwin so hard at the line of scrimmage that Baldwin's head would be out his ass wondering how the hell to even stay balanced and what route tree to not screw up

that's the problem, no defense respects him and they all have the gameplan on how to stop him easily, until Baldwin debunks that strategy and proves teams wrong, hes useless

Sorter 05-13-2013 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9678768)
because he sucks

of course hes going to jump over Greg Toler who was in shorts and probably wasnt trying.

in NFL game on Sundays Greg Toler would get him and jam Baldwin so hard at the line of scrimmage that Baldwin's head would be out his ass wondering how the hell to even stay balanced and what route tree to not screw up

that's the problem, no defense respects him and they all have the gameplan on how to stop him easily, until Baldwin debunks that strategy and proves teams wrong, hes useless

From what I remember, it was a comeback that Cassel surprisingly underthrew right to Toler. Baldwin just went over his back and snatched it.

ThaVirus 05-13-2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

I'm far from a Debbie Downer, but that Alex Smith trade does appear to be highway robbery.

mcaj22 05-13-2013 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ponderception (Post 9678778)
From what I remember, it was a comeback that Cassel surprisingly underthrew right to Toler. Baldwin just went over his back and snatched it.

I understand that but it was practice/light scrimmage and Toler was probably standing 10 yards away in shorts at the line of scrimmage letting Baldwin actually attempt to run a route

in real NFL games, any CB worth a shit doesnt even give him a chance to run a route, they just push him around

i dont think he gets enough reps (or ever did in a "Romeo lazy practice" on how to beat physical real time gameplay)

mcaj22 05-13-2013 12:48 PM

Quote:

they just traded a 2nd round pick (that we got for a HALL OF FAME TE) for a ****ing FB.

enough said.

IowaChiefs83 05-13-2013 07:02 PM

I enjoyed Andy Reids interview. Even though it was a bit of a fluff piece I'm inclined to believe in a long time we have a capable head coach who can handle speaking and can give us a bit of an insight.

There is two things rookie training camps are good for. It gives the players a chance to get their feet wet and our coaches get a good look at each players ability.